Weight Loss Support - Loosing weight too fast I think

View Full Version : Loosing weight too fast I think

canadacatman
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I think I am loosing weight too fast.
I started watching what I eat 24 days ago.
I started at 371.2 now today day 25 I am at 350.6
I do not really count calories just eat alot healthier.

Now before you tell me yes or no let me tell you what I use to eat.
One big bag of chips daily 3 liters of pop and about 5 meals including snacks.

Now I eat 3 meals 2 snacks which include tons of fruit and veggies.

Let me know if this is too much too fast and will it hurt me in the long run. Oh ya I do not exercise.

Thanks

Lovely
08-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I really can't say, as I can't see inside your body.

I can say this, though, it doesn't send up red flags in my mind. You're starting out at a higher weight. It's your first month. You've drastically changed from your old eating habits.

20 pounds in 25 days is fast, yes, but you're still at the start of your journey, and most people do lose quickly at the start and then it ends up slowing down a bit as they go along.

If you go along for another month and you still feel like you're losing too fast, then up your intake until you're comfortable at the rate at which you're losing. :)

canadacatman
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks alot I did not think I was doing anything wrong but thought this is a great place to ask and get advice.

MariaMaria
08-05-2011, 10:32 PM
So you've lost, hrm, around 7% of your bodyweight in 3-1/2 weeks? That seems okay to me.

NotJustALittleFat
08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Seems ok to me! People that are that heavy tend to drop pounds way faster in the beginning.

Horo
08-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Since you're starting at a higher weight, it's almost to be expected that you'll drop a lot and fast at first. Since it sounds like you're eating well and not restricting yourself too much, I don't think you have anything to be worried about. On that note, great job and keep up the good work! :)

Jen516
08-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't be concerned. I started at 288lb and I lost 20 lb in the first month. It tapered off after that some. Most sites say no more than 2lb per week, but that assumes you're starting at a lower weight. A better guideline would be 1% loss each week of your weekly weight. That means at 371lb, you could reasonably lose 3.7lb in a week, but at 140, 1%=1.4lb. PLUS, when you first start, you loss excess water weight too. I think you're doing fine and great!! Way to go!

Tanna Banana
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
My husband started out at 330, and he's lost about 30 pounds in the last month or so. It's awesome that you are changing your eating to be healthier! Congrats!

LiLLy19
08-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Great job on the loss!!!! Its definitely a great start :))) I dont have anything to add to what the others have said, but just wanted to say congratulations

RJ 1980
08-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey that's a great jumpstart! It will probably eventually slow so enjoy it!! :)

kelly315
08-06-2011, 02:23 AM
It seems fine, although don't expect it to stay quite so high ;). Most people lose weight quite quickly in their first month.

texasmedic09
08-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Enjoy the quick loss, it won't last to long! But your off to a great start!

PacSunMama
08-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Like everyone else said, there are a lot of factors contributing to your fast weight loss. Just keep doing what you're doing, so long as you know it is healthy and sustainable. The rate that you lose weight at will stable out, enjoy this while it lasts!

Esofia
08-06-2011, 08:30 AM
You should be fine, but make sure that you're following a weight loss plan that you are happy with and can continue comfortably. If you keep getting starving hungry and can't refrain from going off-plan, you are probably eating too little.