South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Sausage Q and Serving Sizes?

Hi there, I'm a newbie with a couple of questions I thought some of you veteran SB Dieter's could answer.

Okay, so I notice the foods list says turkey sausage 3-6 g of fat each for a 60 g serving. I purchased some that is 7 for 46 g. Does this mean I can't eat this on the diet? Or is it not big enough of a difference?

AND. I was wondering about serving sizes. I realize milk is 2 cups a day, and fats 2 tb, but is there a limit to cheese and meat (I realize over-eating veggies probably isn't possible).
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I don't think that's a big enough difference with the sausages.

Do you have a copy of the book? It's really helpful to read the book even though there's alot of info in our stickies.

Especially on P1, I did not worry about limiting meat or cheese. I ate when I was hungry. In one of the SBD books Dr. A discusses "eating to normal fullness". I take that to mean that I wouldn't limit to the point of being hungry but I wouldn't eat more "just because" it seems ok. I think it's part of learning to listen to our bodies. While we don't count calories or carbs on SBD there IS an important component of appropriate portion sizes if we want to lose weight.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I don't think that's a big enough difference with the sausages.

Do you have a copy of the book? It's really helpful to read the book even though there's alot of info in our stickies.

Especially on P1, I did not worry about limiting meat or cheese. I ate when I was hungry. In one of the SBD books Dr. A discusses "eating to normal fullness". I take that to mean that I wouldn't limit to the point of being hungry but I wouldn't eat more "just because" it seems ok. I think it's part of learning to listen to our bodies. While we don't count calories or carbs on SBD there IS an important component of appropriate portion sizes if we want to lose weight.

Best wishes!
Yeah, I'm listening to the Supercharged book on tape. I'm at the part where he's talking about exercise and just wanted to get started with the diet. I was assuming the discussion on eating was over, but maybe I should listen to the rest of the book before I get started.
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

No limit on meats and cheeses (I never measure those and have managed to lose while thinking, "wow! this is a lot of food!"). However, do use common sense. 3 bricks of cheese and 2 chicken breasts and and steak in one meal is probably too much... But I have cheese about 3 times a day (and more than the 1 oz serving size each time) and find it impossible to only eat a deck of card sized steak or chicken. I just try to maybe eat less meat and cheese and add extra vegetables the next day. I don't know if that's right, but it's been working for me!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I can only add this bit of advice about Sausage. I am sure what you bought is fine but maybe try these next time. If you have a publix they should carry them or can order them.

Fontanoli Ital-Mex Chicken Breast Sausage

Yes it says Chicken Breast Sausage....AND OMG they taste great with some spicy flavor and are you ready? One link contains 1.5 Grams of Fat!!!!
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote