Ideal Protein Diet - Ketosis

View Full Version : Ketosis

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Where can you get the sticks to check if you're in ketosis? or can you get them in Canada? I've been on IP for 5 days and i don't think i'm in it yet. I don't have "bad breath" or metallic taste in my mouth and i still feel hunger, i don't seem to have any of the signs that everyone else have.

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I never had any of the signs either, I just stayed OP 100%. Still to this day 13.5 weeks later I have never checked to see if I was. I assume I am but really don't know. If you follow protocol then you should be in it. This is my thinking anyways, just my opinion :)

coliep
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
There are mixed reviews on the accuracy of the sticks. I just bought them recently but don't seem to register on them and so it raised more questions than answers! That said, I am still hoping for the holy grail (purple on the stick). I bought mine at Walgreens, I believe any pharmacy will carry them but you usually have to ask the pharmacist for keytone strips.

wheekers
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I never had any of the signs either, I just stayed OP 100%. Still to this day 13.5 weeks later I have never checked to see if I was. I assume I am but really don't know. If you follow protocol then you should be in it. This is my thinking anyways, just my opinion :)

I have never checked either. I have always lost every week

CuteNcurls
08-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I bought mine at WalMart...they are in the pharmacy and you have to get them over the counter. I've been using them...first thing in the morning and they only ever seem to register at "medium" or one of the middle colors. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

wildflower613
08-05-2011, 05:54 PM
I bought mine at WalMart...they are in the pharmacy and you have to get them over the counter. I've been using them...first thing in the morning and they only ever seem to register at "medium" or one of the middle colors. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

What do they cost you there? per how many. Thanks.