Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat - August 5-7

View Full Version : IP Weekend Chat - August 5-7

brandam6
08-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

brandam6
08-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Good Morning, and Happy Friday!

Thanks Pxlkitty for all your knowledge. It is so much easier to quote then copy, than to copy then insert all those links! And your search tips have also helped me immensely. And others I am sure.

I have a busy weekend ahead! Dinner out tonight, then we are going to see a friends band. Tomorrow, two of the kids and the husband are in a wedding, plus I have to cook a couple of casseroles for the reception. I hope that's it and I can relax for the rest of the weekend, but it never works out that way does it?

disgal
08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi all!! Yay!! It's Friday!! Woot woot!!

Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!

brandam6
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14 (and sadly cannot even FIND any more shorts, as all the winter clothing is coming out in stores as we speak), and we still have a few more months of summer temps!! Oh well....baggy is in, isn't it??? LOL!!

You look great! Congrats!

Bling
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Well, I FINALLY figured out how to download pictures. I was actually looking at pictures of my daughter's recent trip to Italy when I came across the first picture below. I thought..."wow, I really didn't think I was THAT big"!! LOL!!

Disgal, you look great. Congratulations. I should have taken a picture of myself when I started also just to compare.
I"m on vacation since yesterday. Going the NFL today for a week and it will be a big challange for me not to eat to much. Food is delicious over there that I don't make around here. But have planned ahead and will probably do 3 free meals and hiking alot. We will also be jigging for codfish so at least I can have that also for protein and will be good for me to be eating more fish.
Have a great weekend everyone

Pxlkitty4
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
It's Promotion Day at work, so they are treating those of us who were promoted to special things during the day, taking us to lunch, then having a champagne toast and closing the office. Then I'm off for a haircut...

Breakfast is "coffee and pastry", and I've already been invited by someone's desk to "grab a muffin"... I'm not even in the office yet, and the carb invitations are rolling! Make it stop!!!

I already asked about lunch, and thank goodness there is an option of salad/roasted chicken/balsamic roasted veggies. I think it'll end up being a Phase 2 day today, unless I really feel like having soup and veggies for dinner on a Friday night.

Oh, by the way, I was promoted. YAY me!

I did pilates yesterday for the second time (in a long time, not second time ever). I was SO hungry afterwards. I had a choc drink right before, then needed a whole bar after dinner as I was still starving. It's definitely right that we have to feed our bodies differently once we start working out. I did stretching for about 30mins before the class, then 1 hour of serious ab work. Can't wait for all my hard work to start showing off. I know that I might not lose as much this week, since I'm starting to build muscle... But, I don't care. It's all about being healthy and building muscles in the right place so that I don't hurt myself.

Enjoy your weekends everyone! I will try to check in, but I've got a busy one planned too. Son's swim lesson tomorrow (yay! much needed), CABI show with a friend, cleaning the basement and dejunking, getting ready for camping trip in a few weeks, getting donations ready for charity, among other things.

Good Morning, and Happy Friday!

Thanks Pxlkitty for all your knowledge. It is so much easier to quote then copy, than to copy then insert all those links! And your search tips have also helped me immensely. And others I am sure.

I have a busy weekend ahead! Dinner out tonight, then we are going to see a friends band. Tomorrow, two of the kids and the husband are in a wedding, plus I have to cook a couple of casseroles for the reception. I hope that's it and I can relax for the rest of the weekend, but it never works out that way does it?

You are most welcome... I think we should also include the "double search tip" in the beginning of the daily thread. I will work on a condensed form of it and stick it in one day next week when I start the daily thread.

You look amazing... Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs.

brandam6
08-05-2011, 08:53 AM

You are most welcome... I think we should also include the "double search tip" in the beginning of the daily thread. I will work on a condensed form of it and stick it in one day next week when I start the daily thread.

Congrats on your promotion!

Yes, I agree the search tip should be included.

Pxlkitty4
08-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer."

nelle2002
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2:D

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! Nelle

Joyflower
08-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Good Morning IPers!!!!! Had a rough week to begin, mostly work related, that and I've been so busy, I've barely had time with my 22 month old!!! I miss him dearly!! Cant wait till next week when it slows down to normal again!!! Had a good WI another 3 lbs down!!! I am only 3 lbs from my mini goal off 225 for vacation at the end of August!!! I will surely beat that!!!

Had a NSV this morning!! We have "casual day" at work on Fridays, and all my jean capris are just too big....so I tried on some old jeans I havent worn in several years and they fit PERFECT!!!!!! It felt wonderful! I also had several compliments and comments this week - people are noticing! Even my Mom who sees me everyday!

Looking forward to this weekend, ready for a break from work....desperate for a vacation!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

gettinmygrooveback
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning all......What a great day albeit hot as all get out!

WI#8 and only down .5# but that's just fine........because the inches lost this week were the best since WI#1. And if the baggy pants I wore yesterday are any indication of my progress then I can happily say I am officially out of sz. 16.....for the last time in my life. Looks like I will be doing another closet cleanout very soon. I have never seen it so bare before...and right now, that's a very good thing!

Short workday and hair appointment today....yeah!!! Tomorrow, the best yoga class ever in the AM and a hot date with a phenomenal man in the PM..... yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! (this one is quite likely the one I've been looking for my entire life) and on Sunday......we'll just have to see how my life unfolds. :D

Have the best day ever.....be happy, be proud and most importantly be grateful.

Toodles....CAT

niknakjack
08-05-2011, 09:41 AM
hello!

Today is my 4th day of IP and doing well! I feel great! I haven't gotten hungry. It almost feels like I am not "doing it right" since I feel full and satisfied!

I am a newbie to this diet plan. I just realized that you can not have bars on the plan. I bought some but will wait until phase 2:D

Hi Nelle, welcome to 3fc, You will find lots of good info on here and for recipe ideas check out the Ip Sticky's 1,2 & 3 lots of good ideas.

I used restricted items from day 1, one item per day and still lost weight, they are the tastiest and help make it just a bit eisier to get through the day, defiantly look forward to my restricted item. Some of my favorites are white cheddar crisps, vanilla peanut bars, peanut butter soy puffs, southwest cheese curls and now I'm liking the oatmeal and making it into a pancake and eating w/WF maple syrup.

Iv'e noticed some clinics are allowing restricted from the beginning and others say to wait a week or 2. At my clinic everyone starts out being able to use the restricteds and everyone still has great results. Just a thought, ask your coach.

JackieGee
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Okay I'm trying to figure out how to make these quotes.

I clicked on the multiquotes but how do I get them in here? Oh well.

Happy Friday everyone. It's going to be hot and sunny here but never as hot and humid as everywhere else. End of my first full week OP and I have to say this diet is sooo much easier than I expected. I had thought 'how will I be able to eat that fake food every day', 'I'll be hungry', 'a drink won't keep me satisfied'. Well surprise, surprise surprise! I am completely satisfied and I really like almost all the food.

And even though the food is fairly expensive I do believe I'm saving money. I am not buying junk every afternoon, I'm not wasting my produce because I buy it and then don't eat it and eat fast food or pizza instead, I am drinking far less coffee and only having the one I make at home instead of going to Tim's.

So! so far so good. I'm very very pleased.

I have to say, all the stories and pics on here are keeping me motivated.

Disgal, you pic today was just what I needed! You look amazing and that goal seems very reachable.

Do you think I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas? Is that really a goal I could achieve? I weighed 209 last saturday and was 201.8 on Wednesday. I'd love to reach 150 by Christmas!

Nelle2002 - I felt the same way. Because it felt so easy I was pretty sure it wasn't working and then when I went for my WI on Wednesday after only 5 days and I had lost 7.lbs 10 oz. I didn't believe it. I mean literally, I didn't believe it. I kinda still don't. I kinda still expect to have a balancing and be up next wednesday.

Oh yeah and Nelle, I haven't been told I can't have bars. In fact, my coach is very controlling over what I can pick out and I got two bars this week.

The spaghetti that I had last night is much higher in carbs and I don't think it's worth it. Probably won't get that again.

So have a great weekend all!

coliep
08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I love reading about everyone's victories, but sometimes it is bittersweet for me. I am progressing at a decent rate (average of just under 3 pounds per week), I am fitting into smaller clothes, I can see more muscles in my quads, arms, calves than I could prior to IP BUT my measurements aren't really changing.

Now, I have responded to people who post this telling them there is human error in the measurements etc. but some days I still feel a bit discouraged. Everyone else is posting about tons of inches lost, and I have maybe lost a total of a couple . . . in a month. Now, to be honest, I have cheated several times after my first week, so I know this will impact my results yet it seems strange to me that my measurements don't change like everyone else's even if I am losing weight. I really want the thighs, hips, belly to go down . . .

ItsAboutTime
08-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Good morning. I am back down to receiving in a bit so I thought I'd jump on and say good luck to those who weigh in today. I am still the same as weigh in yesterday. Hoping now that TOM is totally gone I'll see a loss.

Thanks to those who replied to my post last night. I ate 6oz of meat for the first time and was SOOOOOO full I almost had to skip my bar. (I didn't, just ate it later than normal.)

I am wearing a pair of jeans that I maybe shouldn't be. I thought they fit ok with a belt but they are really sagging in the butt and when I sit they stick out and fold over funny in the hip area. Guess I need to add them to the do not wear pile.

Another coworker commented that my butt is getting so small yesterday. Kinda strange. She also asked about the program so I printed off the phase sheets from here and gave them to her.

niknakjack
08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi all, today I tried this

1 IP Packet Strawberry Pudding w/10 oz. h2o
1 IP Packet Blueberry Pudding w/10 oz. h2o

blend together, separate into 2 servings and chill in fridge till ready to drink

It was good. like a mixed berry smoothy!

JackieGee
08-05-2011, 09:58 AM
coliep, your measurements must be changing. How can your clothes be looser if your aren't getting smaller and how can you be fitting into smaller sizes if your measurements aren't changing? Wouldn't that be impossible?

Just stay strong and focus on the good changes that you can see.

ItsAboutTime
08-05-2011, 10:01 AM

You look great! Keep up the great work! I didn't take before pics. I have a few from different events that show me at my highest so I will just use one of those. I really wish I had taken them in one outfit so I could continue to do so throughout the journey though.

coliep
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Jackie - I know, right?! I guess that's where there's the rational me (yep, there must be changes) and the irrational me (BUT I want to see the numbers!) have it out. It's dumb, I know :/

nelle2002
08-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone for the support and info!!! It helps so much!! I am excited to fit into some of my clothes;) Nelle

ItsAboutTime
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
It's Promotion Day at work, so they are treating those of us who were promoted to special things during the day, taking us to lunch, then having a champagne toast and closing the office. Then I'm off for a haircut...

Breakfast is "coffee and pastry", and I've already been invited by someone's desk to "grab a muffin"... I'm not even in the office yet, and the carb invitations are rolling! Make it stop!!!

I already asked about lunch, and thank goodness there is an option of salad/roasted chicken/balsamic roasted veggies. I think it'll end up being a Phase 2 day today, unless I really feel like having soup and veggies for dinner on a Friday night.

Don't you hate the endless goodies in the office! Ours is awful! Congrats on the promotion!

ItsAboutTime
08-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Jackie - I know, right?! I guess that's where there's the rational me (yep, there must be changes) and the irrational me (BUT I want to see the numbers!) have it out. It's dumb, I know :/

Are you measuring? You must be losing. I have lost something like 16 inches and 20 pounds. I only lost 1 pound this week but the 4 inches made up for that!

gettinmygrooveback
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Did you read my post today? 9 full weeks on IP with 33.5# lost and I JUST NOW saw a radical inch lost. I have felt it for some time but the stupid tape measure didn't seem to like me. Enjoy those loose fitting clothes and/or go out and buy yourself a new top. That worked wonders for me and my body image. And that's when people began to notice and comment/compliment. I wore a dress (from the back of the closet) to work the other day and a dear friend "advised" me to not wear it again. She told me that it was not becomng of me and it wasn't showing off my new figure. That dress is now in my "give away" pile.

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Wow you look awsome!

Pxlkitty4
08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Iv'e noticed some clinics are allowing restricted from the beginning and others say to wait a week or 2. At my clinic everyone starts out being able to use the restricteds and everyone still has great results. Just a thought, ask your coach.

My clinic made me wait at least 5-6 weeks.

Pxlkitty4
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Don't you hate the endless goodies in the office! Ours is awful! Congrats on the promotion!

Thanks. If by "goodies" you mean "junk!", then I agree. I just got in. I went by the commons area. There is a giant mess of crumbs where everyone has demolished all the carb-loaded junk. I felt very high and mighty as I smiled and walked away.

You'd think these people couldn't afford to buy themselves breakfast, based on what I saw. The only thing left was some fruit.

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM

They allow me to have restricted from day 1 but only 1 every other day.

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Happy Friday and week-end to everyone.

I have GOT to stop weighting myself everyday (twice a day even)...i've been doing awsome all week but TOM showed up unexpected yesterday (wasn't due til next thursday) and today i'm up 2lbs on the scale...i do feel crampy and bloated so i'll attribute it to that but i'll try and drink even more water today (i usually drink about 2.5l).

I'm a little anxious for the week-end, this will be the first time i'll be home all day and have to cook for my family (hubby + 4 kids + 3y old i'm babysitting all week-end).

Also, i found some nestea powder to put in my water that is made with splenda, is that ok to use? I'm only using 1packet a day in 1l of water.

Monday is my first WI...

Ishbel
08-05-2011, 10:49 AM

You look fantabulous! Well done! :cp:

ItsAboutTime
08-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks. If by "goodies" you mean "junk!", then I agree. I just got in. I went by the commons area. There is a giant mess of crumbs where everyone has demolished all the carb-loaded junk. I felt very high and mighty as I smiled and walked away.

You'd think these people couldn't afford to buy themselves breakfast, based on what I saw. The only thing left was some fruit.

Yes, I meant junk. I go fill my water bottle on purpose at morning break so those in there eating the crap can see what happens when you don't eat it. ;) They normally make comments about how they wish they had my will power or how they don't know how I pass everything up day after day.

calee
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM

You look fabulous!! Baggy is definitely in! Revel in how great you look. :)

Pxlkitty4
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, I meant junk. I go fill my water bottle on purpose at morning break so those in there eating the crap can see what happens when you don't eat it. ;) They normally make comments about how they wish they had my will power or how they don't know how I pass everything up day after day.

Yep. I still get lots of that. I had a big discussion with my Pilates instructor about this yesterday. She was recently diagnosed with Celiacs Disease (allergic to gluten). She gets a lot of the same "how do you not eat bread?" comments. We had a good conversation.

wheekers
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM

5-6 weeks???? Wow there really needs to be a straight forward program. Every place is soooo different.

We had restricted once a day starting day 1.

redhead14
08-05-2011, 12:04 PM
WOW!! Lots of positives today, love ending the week on a high note with everyone.
WI#11..........3 lbs gone with 5 more inches!!!:carrot:

Started doing gravity pilates this morning, oh my, love it! Never met this trainer before and at the first rest she looked at me and said "holy muscle mass".....pretty much just made my day!

Pauley
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
The office treats are crazy where I work too. They put out M&Ms every day and cookies, cake, etc a few times per week. And then there are the potlucks! I just plain decline those invitations. I don't think I'll be participating in the office potluck even when I'm on maintenance. I think I will want to save my "cheat" meals for something better than that!

Pauley
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh, and I had a dinner of shredded cabbage with chunks of chicken tossed with WF sesame ginger dressing for dinner last night and it was quite good and easy to prepare.

Maile
08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I also face office treats in the staff room. Why do people think a breakfast of muffins and donuts is a healthy begining to a day? I am going out to lunch with friends today and hoping I can find a plain green salad where we end up.
Down a pound..finally. I am going to try a day of no restricteds to see if that kicks up my loss. We were allowed restricteds from Day 1.

Have a great Friday everyone.

patns
08-05-2011, 12:30 PM
5-6 weeks???? Wow there really needs to be a straight forward program. Every place is soooo different.

We had restricted once a day starting day 1.

I think this is the actual program. Most places say 1 restricted a day right from the beginning.

coliep
08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
The IP protocol sheet for phase 1 is included a a PDF in the sticky (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html) It says that restricteds should not be eaten for the first 2-3 weeks for maximum results.

jennydoodle
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
My office is loaded with treats too. We get a lot of sales reps coming in and just about everyone of them feel the need to bring cookies, muffins, donuts, bagels etc... I never really indulged in them, even before IP because I was always conscientious but now that I am on IP, it seems so much worse ;)

I just sit back and let everyone else eat them and then listen to them complain that they need to lose weight. Another thing I now notice is how little protein people eat! I don't ever say anything, but all the same people who indulge in the treats at work are also snacking on pretzles, crackers etc... And then eat a lunch of pasta or rice. It is crazy!

I also did a closet purge and got rid of anything that had a "12" in them. My 10's are starting to get loose, so I figured anything with a 12 had to go! :) I haven't really had to clean out many tops because they are all still fitting fine. Which I am totally ok with, because I have always carried my weight "low"- pear style.

I too was allowed (1) restricted item everyday since day 1. I don't know why it varies from center to center, but it does. I know my restricted item keeps me sane because in my opinion, they are the best tasting products.

It seems like there was something else I wanted to comment on, but can't remember what it is...

jennydoodle
08-05-2011, 01:04 PM

I have GOT to stop weighting myself everyday (twice a day even)...i've been doing awsome all week but TOM showed up unexpected yesterday (wasn't due til next thursday) and today i'm up 2lbs on the scale...i do feel crampy and bloated so i'll attribute it to that but i'll try and drink even more water today (i usually drink about 2.5l).

I'm a little anxious for the week-end, this will be the first time i'll be home all day and have to cook for my family (hubby + 4 kids + 3y old i'm babysitting all week-end).

Also, i found some nestea powder to put in my water that is made with splenda, is that ok to use? I'm only using 1packet a day in 1l of water.

Monday is my first WI...

Found it ;)

I have found that I am much better off not weighing myself everyday. I do not stress about the ups and downs and that way it doesn't ever put me in a bad mood. What I have been doing the past couple of weeks is as soon as I get up, I drink a big glass of water so that I cannot step on the scale and see an accurate reading. It is definitely been a great deterant to stay off. I am much happier just letting the program do it's thing without worrying about. Sometimes I will allow myself a "mid week progress check" but most of the time I just wait until WI day.

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Found it ;)

I have found that I am much better off not weighing myself everyday. I do not stress about the ups and downs and that way it doesn't ever put me in a bad mood. What I have been doing the past couple of weeks is as soon as I get up, I drink a big glass of water so that I cannot step on the scale and see an accurate reading. It is definitely been a great deterant to stay off. I am much happier just letting the program do it's thing without worrying about. Sometimes I will allow myself a "mid week progress check" but most of the time I just wait until WI day.

That's a great idea! I might have to start doing that, thanks and great to have to get rid of clothes too big, i can't wait to be able to do that!

disgal
08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!! You're all so sweet!! :hug:

Woot! woot!! Congrats on your promotion!! :carrot:
Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs.

Heehee!! Thanks for thinking of me anyway!!! LOL!!!
Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer."

Haha!! I had to laugh when I read this!! When I was at the gym this morning on the treadmill, I was scanning all the TV sets and came across an infomercial about weight loss!! I thought the same thing as you!!! WE HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!:carrot:I used restricted items from day 1, one item per day and still lost weight, they are the tastiest and help make it just a bit eisier to get through the day, defiantly look forward to my restricted item.

I have also had a restricted since Day 1....don't know what I'd do without them!! ;)

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 01:18 PM

You look great, awesome job, keep it up!

hello!

I have had restricted bars since day one and has not affected my losses at all

Good morning all......What a great day albeit hot as all get out!

WI#8 and only down .5# but that's just fine........because the inches lost this week were the best since WI#1. And if the baggy pants I wore yesterday are any indication of my progress then I can happily say I am officially out of sz. 16.....for the last time in my life. Looks like I will be doing another closet cleanout very soon. I have never seen it so bare before...and right now, that's a very good thing!

Short workday and hair appointment today....yeah!!! Tomorrow, the best yoga class ever in the AM and a hot date with a phenomenal man in the PM..... yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! (this one is quite likely the one I've been looking for my entire life) and on Sunday......we'll just have to see how my life unfolds. :D

Have the best day ever.....be happy, be proud and most importantly be grateful.

Toodles....CAT

WOOHOOOO!!!....new hair do....make sure we see pictures!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Disgal, you look great. Congratulations. I should have taken a picture of myself when I started also just to compare.
I"m on vacation since yesterday. Going the NFL today for a week and it will be a big challange for me not to eat to much. Food is delicious over there that I don't make around here. But have planned ahead and will probably do 3 free meals and hiking alot. We will also be jigging for codfish so at least I can have that also for protein and will be good for me to be eating more fish.
Have a great weekend everyoneBling, apparently mornings aren't good for me... I read wrong a lot... I read yours as you are going the the NFL as in National Football League... instead of Newfoundland... Have some fresh fish for me too... have a great week.

You look amazing... Sorry you can't find shorts. I never owned any until recently, or I'd send you some... And now I have 3 pairs. Congrats on the promotion, I sometimes wish we get promotions but we have to compete for our promotions and usually the testing doesn't get the best person for the job just the one that tests well... and with no promotions we get no raises either, just found out today we also will be downsized by another department soo kind of scary... and the double search tip is great thank you.. find things so much easier on this forum now. I am also having problems with shorts, I bought a 14 that was tight but my friend said they would be too loose in a week anyway so buy them... well I wore them once... now am into size 8 - 10 depends on the brand. I have one pair that fit and 2 that can fall off if I am not careful... just like my capris, luckily the 2 I have have a string as a belt and that keeps them up. Will have to go this weekend and look some more for work capris and shorts... next week it will finally be warm of course the weekend is forcasting rain... sigh... Have a great day and thank you for all the things you do for us here, the spreadsheets , advise and all. Have a great weekend.

Question of the day. Do you find yourself looking at those phony diet commercials/ads now and just laughing? I saw one this morning. I thought to myself "I don't need this. I have the answer. I finally have THE answer." Yes I do the same thing... even the silly ads on this forum...

hello!

I am opening to any tips for my days to come! NelleWelcome Nelle, isn't it great that you feel full? that is one of the best things, you lose and still you are full most times. When I started I got a 10 day supply and in them I found bars and snacks that were restricted and the phase 1 sheet at that time said wait 2 - 3 weeks so I did... but then I asked my coach and she said no you could have them right from the start. I didn't and am glad I didn't because I feel I would have craved the bars if I had them right at the start... didn't really have any bars until about 2nd month. Please read in the sticky section lots of info and I go back there all the time to verify and remind myself things. Have a great weekend.

Okay I'm trying to figure out how to make these quotes.

I clicked on the multiquotes but how do I get them in here? Oh well.

And even though the food is fairly expensive I do believe I'm saving money. I am not buying junk every afternoon, I'm not wasting my produce because I buy it and then don't eat it and eat fast food or pizza instead, I am drinking far less coffee and only having the one I make at home instead of going to Tim's.

Do you think I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas? Is that really a goal I could achieve? I weighed 209 last saturday and was 201.8 on Wednesday. I'd love to reach 150 by Christmas!

Oh yeah and Nelle, I haven't been told I can't have bars. In fact, my coach is very controlling over what I can pick out and I got two bars this week.

So have a great weekend all!Jackie I had problems when I started too and I am suppose to be an IT Tech... anyway once you click the mulit quote thing, then click on the left post quote and they should all come up. hope that helps.. I agree it is expensive but you are also right you are saving by not buying the junk you did before... I very rarely go in the store anymore, just to the meat and the condiments & spice section and that is it. very fast shopping there.
You should be able to do 50 by Christmas that gives you just about 6 months. Have a great day. I like that your coach cares that much for you that she controls things... she may become less controlling a little later you are in the program...:hug:

Good Morning Everyone! I love reading about everyone's victories, but sometimes it is bittersweet for me. I am progressing at a decent rate (average of just under 3 pounds per week), I am fitting into smaller clothes, I can see more muscles in my quads, arms, calves than I could prior to IP BUT my measurements aren't really changing.

QUOTE] They will just have faith... I know it is hard to do but when it happens you are like wow when did this happen... I actually lost my butt and didn't notice until I found I could sit in chairs better... oh and now it is a little bony so it hurts to sit too long... I remember as a kid my mom use to always say that when I was sitting on her that I had a bony butt, to think I have it again makes me happy....:D

[QUOTE=Busymomx4;3974908]Happy Friday and week-end to everyone.

Monday is my first WI... I must say I do have it easy living alone I don't have to cook different meals. One suggestion is to cook the same thing for you as your family... cook the veggies and your protein and that is what they will eat as well then you just have to add whatever carbs to feed them.
Yes the nestea splenda is okay, I also buy the arizona tea powder with splenda as that one has 0/0/0 and I think the nestea has 5 calories... which isn't bad.

Disgal - I can't wait to go home and look at your pictures... work one doesn't allow pictures....

Have a great weekend everyone, I am going to try to give blood again this week... my pulse was too low last week....

Does anyone know if there are any health concerns if you have a low pulse? The nurse I spoke with last weekend didn't really say other than it had to be 50 to give blood. Anyway I will let you know how it goes.
My friend (who I got all my clothes from) emailed me and wants me to come over and she wants to do a Hoochie mom makeover on me... sounds kind of scary... but she has more clothes so I may need to go... when I first met her I thought wow she has such nice clothes and now she shares I love Her!!

Have a great day and weekend all. going to try and mow my lawn before the rain comes tonight... hopefully...:hug:

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh gosh, I forgot to tell y'all I am very excited my cousin is going to start the program next week. Some of y'all might remember me talking about my cousin who is my hair dresser that needed to lose weight. Well he came over yesterday to use my printer and said OMG you really have lost weight. I had on my sketti strap shirt and shorts on. When he usually sees me I have a normal shirt that is kind of loose on me but this shirt is fitting so you can really tell. We started talking about the program and I told him I would help him any way I could to keep him on track. He has congestive heart failure and needs to lose about 75-100 at least. He is single and lazy, I told him I would cook dinner for him every night IF he would stick to it. I let him taste some of the WF products I had, he said they didn't taste bad at all. I showed him how easy the diet was and told him it is a NO CHEAT DIET and IF YOU don't cheat you can do like me and lose 60lbs in 13weeks!

He has "eating" friends, we are from the south soooo those eating friends love southern FRIED food and everything else that isn't good for you! I told him he would have to NOT go out to eat until he had this under control. He agreed. SOOOOOOO he agreed to start the program and we have his first meeting on WEDNESDAY!!....I am so excited for him. We did WW together back when we were in high school some 27 yrs ago. He can do it but he is ADDICTED to food. He LIVES TO EAT but he has to change because he is slowly killing himself and I told him! that yesterday. I told him if he wanted to live to see the next 5 years he needed to do something or he won't live to see next year. Maybe I scared him into, I don't know, but we will see! He is only 45, and already has a defibrillator/pace maker, breathes really hard and shortness of breathe. I am only trying to help him.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh gosh, I forgot to tell y'all I am very excited my cousin is going to start the program next week. Some of y'all might remember me talking about my cousin who is my hair dresser that needed to lose weight. Well he came over yesterday to use my printer and said OMG you really have lost weight. I had on my sketti strap shirt and shorts on. When he usually sees me I have a normal shirt that is kind of loose on me but this shirt is fitting so you can really tell. We started talking about the program and I told him I would help him any way I could to keep him on track. He has congestive heart failure and needs to lose about 75-100 at least. He is single and lazy, I told him I would cook dinner for him every night IF he would stick to it. I let him taste some of the WF products I had, he said they didn't taste bad at all. I showed him how easy the diet was and told him it is a NO CHEAT DIET and IF YOU don't cheat you can do like me and lose 60lbs in 13weeks!

He has "eating" friends, we are from the south soooo those eating friends love southern FRIED food and everything else that isn't good for you! I told him he would have to NOT go out to eat until he had this under control. He agreed. SOOOOOOO he agreed to start the program and we have his first meeting on WEDNESDAY!!....I am so excited for him. We did WW together back when we were in high school some 27 yrs ago. He can do it but he is ADDICTED to food. He LIVES TO EAT but he has to change because he is slowly killing himself and I told him! that yesterday. I told him if he wanted to live to see the next 5 years he needed to do something or he won't live to see next year. Maybe I scared him into, I don't know, but we will see! He is only 45, and already has a defibrillator/pace maker, breathes really hard and shortness of breathe. I am only trying to help him.Good for you... he needs all the help you can give and you are willing to do it. that is great. it is like a pay it forward. You have learned now you are teaching others.

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 01:38 PM
The shop he works in has 2 other women who are teeny tiny and have tried helping him, we all care about him and worry. The last time I was in the shop they asked me about the program and I explained it to them and both of them agreed it would be one that is easy and good for him. They will both be very excited to see that I made progress with him to get him started:)

Paint Lady
08-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone and good morning. This is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly and the format doesn't appear strange. I just started IP 4 days ago. I was given a variety of packets to try for the first week. My WI day is coming up Monday. I will have to choose 3 boxes to order for the following week. The first day was a little hard for me. I was hungry around 3:00, which is when I would normally have a coffee break. I just drank a bunch more water and kept on keeping on. I woke up the second morning feeling fine and extremely thirsty and haven't been hungry since. I am not allowed any restricteds yet, but I'm okay with that. The worst thing I have experienced so far was trying to choke down the tomato basil soup. I will not be ordering that. I'm so glad I found this site.

Emmy8
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Paint Lady,

I hear you! I bought the tomato basil too and every time I see the box in the pantry it taunts me. I will not try it again.. ha! I'm just going to have to put the cost of that box in my loss column.

That said, everything else has been great.

Good Luck!

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone and good morning. This is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly and the format doesn't appear strange. I just started IP 4 days ago. I was given a variety of packets to try for the first week. My WI day is coming up Monday. I will have to choose 3 boxes to order for the following week. The first day was a little hard for me. I was hungry around 3:00, which is when I would normally have a coffee break. I just drank a bunch more water and kept on keeping on. I woke up the second morning feeling fine and extremely thirsty and haven't been hungry since. I am not allowed any restricteds yet, but I'm okay with that. The worst thing I have experienced so far was trying to choke down the tomato basil soup. I will not be ordering that. I'm so glad I found this site.

Hey another Louisiana girl!!.....Welcome, this is a great site, very friendly, lots of information and most important LOTS of support!! I created a Mississippi/Louisiana Thread, to see if there were anyone close to me in Ms, closest I have found is y'all La peeps. So here is a link, stop by and say hi, there may be someone who goes to the same clinic/dr you do. There are a few that are going to get together soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237116-looking-other-ip-users-mississippi-louisiana.html

Paint Lady,

I hear you! I bought the tomato basil too and every time I see the box in the pantry it taunts me. I will not try it again.. ha! I'm just going to have to put the cost of that box in my loss column.

That said, everything else has been great.

Good Luck!

I didn't like tomato soup BEFORE IP so I didn't even try that one. I KNEW that one wasn't for me. The Leek soup isn't for me either, everything else has been yummy!

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Found it ;)

I stole that trick from you, lol. But I had to revise it a bit, lol. I know that one glass of water add exactly 1 pound to my weight! So I have been drinking from a bottle so that I wouldn't be able to guesstimate how much I drank and adjust my weight with it! Yes, it has been great not know how many ounces I went up or down today. THANK YOU by the way.

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM

You look so different. Amazing job you have done. Way to go.

murleya1
08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Last night I was on the road and went to Hardies. I saw a low carb burger on the menu. So I asked what it was and it was basically the burger, wrapped in lettece with tomatoe and onion. So I said I'd take it. I have to laugh when the cashier then said, would you like fries and a soda with that? I was like who does that. Order the low carb burger and then get fries. Kind of defeats the purpose. She might have got me if she said would you like a side salad with that.

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Last night I was on the road and went to Hardies. I saw a low carb burger on the menu. So I asked what it was and it was basically the burger, wrapped in lettece with tomatoe and onion. So I said I'd take it. I have to laugh when the cashier then said, would you like fries and a soda with that? I was like who does that. Order the low carb burger and then get fries. Kind of defeats the purpose. She might have got me if she said would you like a side salad with that.

LOL...sometimes I think they are just brainwashed to ask that. They don't pay attention half the time when taking orders. Good job sticking to just the burger!

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 02:12 PM

He has "eating" friends, we are from the south soooo those eating friends love southern FRIED food and everything else that isn't good for you! I told him he would have to NOT go out to eat until he had this under control. He agreed. SOOOOOOO he agreed to start the program and we have his first meeting on WEDNESDAY!!....I am so excited for him. We did WW together back when we were in high school some 27 yrs ago. He can do it but he is ADDICTED to food. He LIVES TO EAT but he has to change because he is slowly killing himself and I told him! that yesterday. I told him if he wanted to live to see the next 5 years he needed to do something or he won't live to see next year. Maybe I scared him into, I don't know, but we will see! He is only 45, and already has a defibrillator/pace maker, breathes really hard and shortness of breathe. I am only trying to help him.

Wow, you are such an amazing cousin. I am so jealous, lol. I don't have any cousins! My mom was an only child. I only have one half uncle from my dad's side that doesn't have any kids.

lroderick
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I got my first compliment today - other than my boyfriend ( his count most BUT it's nice to hear from people other then the ones you live with ) Anyways, "Wow, you lost weight ! you look awsome ! " 2 seconds later turned into, " You were BIG before" haha way to counteract the compliment! LOL would have been much better minus that last part, but i'll take it! Some people just don't have the filter installed in them ...

But I am feeling "skinny" my parts are sagging, but thats how I like them :)

I am however fighting the urge to eat the sugar cookie my co-worker bought me, sure does look delicious I keep arguing with myself back & worth whethor to eat it, but as i'm typing this up, I realize i've got the will power not too !!! ; "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!" SO that being said, the sugar cookie will be wrapped up in a tissue, placed in my draw & brought home for at least my hubbie to enjoy !

Hope everyone has an awsome weekend !!! :)

jennydoodle
08-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I stole that trick from you, lol. But I had to revise it a bit, lol. I know that one glass of water add exactly 1 pound to my weight! So I have been drinking from a bottle so that I wouldn't be able to guesstimate how much I drank and adjust my weight with it! Yes, it has been great not know how many ounces I went up or down today. THANK YOU by the way.

You stinker :D You are not supposed to figure out how it skews the scale! But I am glad it is working for you. I find that the less stressed I am over what my actual weight is, the better my week is. I am glad that I could share my tip and help!

Porthardygurl
08-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Also, i found some nestea powder to put in my water that is made with splenda, is that ok to use? I'm only using 1packet a day in 1l of water

HEY! FINALLY! Someone who is using the nestea splenda sweetned stix for water!!! yay for you! we are canadian!! no wonder! Maybe they dont have it in the states yet?? lol.. :) Yah.. they are my saving grace..only i use 1 stix for 1 litre instead of 2 cups..Its diluted but it goes further and i still get the taste! It hasnt affected my weight loss at all!

Porthardygurl
08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Well...im down .8..praise god..its been like 3 days of being at the same number.. i finally lost the rest of that pound i needed to hit the 19 pound mark...so close to 20 pound lost..which is not bad for being on IP for roughly 3 weeks..thats about almost 5 pounds a week??? Im only 10 pounds away from my first reward challenge!!! Hunny is going to have to take me away to that special resort for a night!!!! yay for spa!

Okay..is it just me??? like..is this a States thing?? That people eat junk and bring in lots of treats at the workplace?? Cause there are no such treats found at our workplace..nothing like that..in fact the last time my boss fed me...it was a dinner of asparagus and chicken and russet potatos BEFORE i started IP.. So.. im just wondering if this is culture of the US to bring in goodies to work???

Not going to lie though..yesterday i was offered a coffee 5 times..and i was like Nope..NO ... Na...my excuse is " i havent finished drinking my 4 litres of water"..its only after that, that i will think about a different beverage..and it works..Oh did i mention that ive given up pop 100% now? I havent touched the stuff for a long time!

Anywho..off for a wee nap while the little one is down ..then off to the lake if it gets sunny out??? Someone send me some sunshine and warm weather please!

Lucky Chick
08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Congrats on all the NSVs and SVs today. It sounds like it has been a great week for many!

Just a quick note on the inches lost. Please know that not every coach measures the same way. My coach measured 6 locations and didn't double the inches lost for arms/thighs. Other coaches measure more spots (neck, ankle) and may double the total inches for each limb in calculations... so don't automatically assume the fact you lost 3 inches in a week is less than someone who lost 5!

It is hard not to compare yourself to others, but remember we are all different. Have a great weekend. :hug:

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 03:07 PM
HEY! FINALLY! Someone who is using the nestea splenda sweetned stix for water!!! yay for you! we are canadian!! no wonder! Maybe they dont have it in the states yet?? lol.. :) Yah.. they are my saving grace..only i use 1 stix for 1 litre instead of 2 cups..Its diluted but it goes further and i still get the taste! It hasnt affected my weight loss at all!

I use it in 1l too, i always did anyways otherwise its just too sweet. Maybe it is a canadian thing, lol.

Princess Jessica
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I was a size 22 in that picture, and currently I'm in a loose 14

You look AMAZING!!! It shows sooo much. :) Good job!

I did pilates yesterday for the second time

Congratulations on the promotion! I am strarting yoga/pilates this week... now I am wondering if I should up my protein. I wasn't going to because I thought that was only for people who did really hard workouts... but now I am wondering if i don't know what I am getting into... maybe pilates/yoga IS harder than I thought. Any thoughts?

Looking at your height and weight, you probably aren't losing the same inches you see on others here because you simply don't have as much to lose. You are in a good range for your height, so your body probably wont change as drastically as other people who have a lot more weight to drop. But if your clothes are fitting better, you are losing inches. Maybe just not right where you are measuring. :)

Wow. Thats pretty strict. My clinic had me start one a day from the very beginning, and I don't think it has slowed me down.

They normally make comments about how they wish they had my will power or how they don't know how I pass everything up day after day.

People keep saying this to me too! "I wish I had your willpower..." lol I have never been accused of having willpower before... I like it. :)

Oh gosh, I forgot to tell y'all I am very excited my cousin is going to start the program next week.

Thats awesome! Good for you for helping him change his life. I have a friend, we have always been about the same size and supported each other (I actually think it was a bad thing... we were both big because we had each other there to convince ourselves that it wasn't that bad) and now it is weird when we hang out because the difference is obvious. I really am trying to talk her into the program because she could really benefit from it and she gets really down on herself when she sees that I have lost weight and she hasn't. Hopefully I can talk her into it.

disgal
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh gosh, I forgot to tell y'all I am very excited my cousin is going to start the program next week..

Wuv....that is so awesome!! God Bless you for offering to cook for him (I wish I were your cousin)!!:hug:Just think of how much easier it's going to be for him to breathe as the weight falls off!! I imagine he will get much motivation (in addition to watching your success) as it gets easier and easier to stand those long days in a salon!! Please keep us posted on his success!!!:carrot:You look so different. Amazing job you have done. Way to go. Thanks!!:hug:I got my first compliment today - other than my boyfriend ( his count most BUT it's nice to hear from people other then the ones you live with ) Anyways, "Wow, you lost weight ! you look awsome ! " 2 seconds later turned into, " You were BIG before" haha way to counteract the compliment! LOL would have been much better minus that last part, but i'll take it! Some people just don't have the filter installed in them ...

I am however fighting the urge to eat the sugar cookie my co-worker bought me, sure does look delicious I keep arguing with myself back & worth whethor to eat it, but as i'm typing this up, I realize i've got the will power not too !!! ; "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!" SO that being said, the sugar cookie will be wrapped up in a tissue, placed in my draw & brought home for at least my hubbie to enjoy !

Yay on your first compliment!!!:carrot: And yay on winning the war against that cookie!!! Woot woot!!:carrot:

disgal
08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I have a friend, we have always been about the same size and supported each other (I actually think it was a bad thing... we were both big because we had each other there to convince ourselves that it wasn't that bad) and now it is weird when we hang out because the difference is obvious. I really am trying to talk her into the program because she could really benefit from it and she gets really down on herself when she sees that I have lost weight and she hasn't. Hopefully I can talk her into it.

Wow...that's a tough situation to be in....very uncomfortable! I feel for you! I really hope that you will be able to talk her into it!! Fingers crossed!!!;)

fattu
08-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

Today was my first weigh-in.... 5lbs down!!!!!
I did hope to be down a bit more, but it is the TOM for me.
But all in all, IM DOWN 5LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading all your posts does motivated. Thank you all for the support!

Busymomx4
08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Congratulations! My first WI is monday and i'm so excited and sure wish to have a good loss like you!

fattu
08-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Congratulations! My first WI is monday and i'm so excited and sure wish to have a good loss like you!

Goodluck!!!!!!!
Im sure you will!
The first week was so hard. I think this is the hardest thing I've done, yet it seems so easy. I hope to have the same sort of loss next week!

Goodluck once again!:D

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
You stinker :D You are not supposed to figure out how it skews the scale! But I am glad it is working for you. I find that the less stressed I am over what my actual weight is, the better my week is. I am glad that I could share my tip and help!

LOL. Actually I had done this experiment to know how much a glass of water in me weighs, lol, a while back! So I knew that drinking a glass of water is not going to work for me and since I really wanted not to get tempted, jump on the scale and adjust the weight by 1 pound, I realized that I have to foolproof my method, lol.

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Congratulations. Great job.

JackieGee
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Porthardy, I am canadian too and it's more of a workplace culture thing - depending on where you work. I work for the government and in one ministry I gained 20 pounds right after I started because of the treats but in this one just upstairs from the first - there's never any except on special occasions if then.

leganegan
08-05-2011, 04:21 PM
The shop he works in has 2 other women who are teeny tiny and have tried helping him, we all care about him and worry. The last time I was in the shop they asked me about the program and I explained it to them and both of them agreed it would be one that is easy and good for him. They will both be very excited to see that I made progress with him to get him started:)

I am very excited for him! You will be a great cheerleader for him! Don't forget to teach him about 3fatchicks.com!

leganegan
08-05-2011, 04:22 PM

yuck! Not a fan of that soup either.

leganegan
08-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!

yay! woohoo, that is awesome! Isn't it so motivating!!! Enjoy your weekend!

francess
08-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi all! :)

Ok, i'm asking myself about flour... I'm going to the grocery in a few hours and want to make some pancake tomorrow for my breakfast (I'm in Phase 4). The recipe is: cup of flour, cup of 1% milk, 2 white eggs and salt. Not that bad, but i'm trying to find the better flour,4 'cause when I look at the nutrition fact, it's 455 calories for a cup!! :O Is there any kind better than the regular one or something to replace the flour?

Thank! :)

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I am very excited for him! You will be a great cheerleader for him! Don't forget to teach him about 3fatchicks.com!

Oh I have already told him about this site so he knows all about it. I tell EVERYONE about this site. They laugh at me when I said 3 fatchicks, then once I explain it to them they are like OHHHHH OK I get it...haha

niknakjack
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM

I think I might be using the same type of product but its called 4c and comes in a bunch of different flavors you pour the packet right into your water bottle. Its 0/0/0 sweetened w/splenda my coach told me about it. My favorite flavor is the half & half Iced tea and lemonade.
I also use only one pack a day as too not go overboard, its good for a change. Even when I'm not on this diet I only drink water all day every day.

niknakjack
08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I got my first compliment today - other than my boyfriend ( his count most BUT it's nice to hear from people other then the ones you live with ) Anyways, "Wow, you lost weight ! you look awsome ! " 2 seconds later turned into, " You were BIG before" haha way to counteract the compliment! LOL would have been much better minus that last part, but i'll take it! Some people just don't have the filter installed in them ...

Way to go you did not give in! Its NOT easy, I also had a temptation last night my husband made m&m bars and they were staring me straight in the face when I got home from work, UGH! It was hard to resist but I did and today they sit on the counter and I'm not so bothered by it, weird.

Congrats on the compliment and good job on all the hard work!

niknakjack
08-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Love all the stories, You look fantastic! You are a true inspiration to all.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
You look AMAZING!!! It shows sooo much. :) Good job!

Congratulations on the promotion! I am strarting yoga/pilates this week... now I am wondering if I should up my protein. I wasn't going to because I thought that was only for people who did really hard workouts... but now I am wondering if i don't know what I am getting into... maybe pilates/yoga IS harder than I thought. Any thoughts?

Looking at your height and weight, you probably aren't losing the same inches you see on others here because you simply don't have as much to lose. You are in a good range for your height, so your body probably wont change as drastically as other people who have a lot more weight to drop. But if your clothes are fitting better, you are losing inches. Maybe just not right where you are measuring. :)

Wow. Thats pretty strict. My clinic had me start one a day from the very beginning, and I don't think it has slowed me down.

People keep saying this to me too! "I wish I had your willpower..." lol I have never been accused of having willpower before... I like it. :)

Thats awesome! Good for you for helping him change his life. I have a friend, we have always been about the same size and supported each other (I actually think it was a bad thing... we were both big because we had each other there to convince ourselves that it wasn't that bad) and now it is weird when we hang out because the difference is obvious. I really am trying to talk her into the program because she could really benefit from it and she gets really down on herself when she sees that I have lost weight and she hasn't. Hopefully I can talk her into it.I have a friend like that too, she doesn't cook or like any of the veggies on the list so she is doing her own diet and has lost 20lb since Feb, but I still wish she would join me she would get to like some of them...:D

Porthardy, I am canadian too and it's more of a workplace culture thing - depending on where you work. I work for the government and in one ministry I gained 20 pounds right after I started because of the treats but in this one just upstairs from the first - there's never any except on special occasions if then.It is a workplace thing, and a LOT of government place thing too... there is always someone bringing something in, if I was at the downtown office I swear at least once a week I get an email saying there are snacks in the common area... glad I am where I am... I have to admit I bake for the office all the time too. bad me.

Ok, i'm asking myself about flour... I'm going to the grocery in a few hours and want to make some pancake tomorrow for my breakfast (I'm in Phase 4). The recipe is: cup of flour, cup of 1% milk, 2 white eggs and salt. Not that bad, but i'm trying to find the better flour,4 'cause when I look at the nutrition fact, it's 455 calories for a cup!! :O Is there any kind better than the regular one or something to replace the flour?

Thank! :) I just googled it and Almond flour is about 160 1/4 cup so... I think most are quite a lot... yikes... good to know..

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
francess go to this dietbites.com/calories/flour-calories-in-flour

Bellamack
08-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Official WI #5 down 2.2lbs, which would be good, but that is for 21 days. I think my coach thinks I am cheating and only writing down the good stuff in my journal. I have not cheated once, not a crumb! I am calling my doctor monday to have my thyroid rechecked.

coliep
08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Bella - did you increase your protein and this was still the result?

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Official WI #5 down 2.2lbs, which would be good, but that is for 21 days. I think my coach thinks I am cheating and only writing down the good stuff in my journal. I have not cheated once, not a crumb! I am calling my doctor monday to have my thyroid rechecked.

HEY that is 2 lbs!! that is great. I know you wanted more but at least you LOSS!!!!! Very proud of you!!

colley
08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha

Bellamack
08-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Colip, yes I did increase my protein from 5 to 7 oz, I have stayed off the Propel, upped my H2O intake and K supplement.

Wuv2b, thank you

I have tried to change my tracker and can't seem to get it??

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Bella, go into your edit signature once you see the body of your ticker change your number where its the start/now/goal weight is. Maybe with the changes in your protein and no propel water next week you will have a bigger loss!!

jordanna
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha

NICE!!

CuteNcurls
08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Well...im down .8..praise god..its been like 3 days of being at the same number.. i finally lost the rest of that pound i needed to hit the 19 pound mark...so close to 20 pound lost..which is not bad for being on IP for roughly 3 weeks..thats about almost 5 pounds a week??? Im only 10 pounds away from my first reward challenge!!! Hunny is going to have to take me away to that special resort for a night!!!! yay for spa!

Okay..is it just me??? like..is this a States thing?? That people eat junk and bring in lots of treats at the workplace?? Cause there are no such treats found at our workplace..nothing like that..in fact the last time my boss fed me...it was a dinner of asparagus and chicken and russet potatos BEFORE i started IP.. So.. im just wondering if this is culture of the US to bring in goodies to work???

Not going to lie though..yesterday i was offered a coffee 5 times..and i was like Nope..NO ... Na...my excuse is " i havent finished drinking my 4 litres of water"..its only after that, that i will think about a different beverage..and it works..Oh did i mention that ive given up pop 100% now? I havent touched the stuff for a long time!

Anywho..off for a wee nap while the little one is down ..then off to the lake if it gets sunny out??? Someone send me some sunshine and warm weather please!

It's NOT just an American thing. Someone brings donuts/muffins/cookies into our office almost every morning. Then there's the overabundance of takeout menus that float around the office throughout the day....kfc, pizza, chinese etc. comes into the office at least every other day. Plus our office is so close to a couple of "trucker diners"...but then again maybe it's because I work for a trucking company? It seems that the day to day here revolves around food, coffee and cigarettes.

Proudly, I've been able to kick the takeout habit quite easily...although the smell of pizza still makes me tummy grumble. I stick with what I bring to work and if I don't pack something I grab a subway salad. I find that the smell of the other foods has started to make me naseous...it's not even appealing anymore. YAY!

lroderick
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=colley;3975660]Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha[/QUO

hahahaha ... I don't tell my bf my actual weight either! kinda silly, but I play it off like im ten pounds lighter then I really am ! lol Congrats the 150's ! I can't wait, just the number itself sounds so much better :):)

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS. That is great. Checking with your doctor is great. But I think you just broke a plateau and you are on your way to lose more every week. Way to go.

rachelearth
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Congratulations. Great job. I can not wait to make it to 150s. Hopefully in 1-2 weeks.

petie
08-05-2011, 05:59 PM

I think that's wonderful. Let's say 14 days not a peep and 2.2 in one week. Something had ta give, right? I'm so happy for you. More to come, Better and Better. Don't worry yourself with what anyone thinks....you know what you're doing.

Travel Gal
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Man, today was CRAZY BUSY at work. We went from a sold out night into another sold out night (I work at a hotel) and everyone was trying to check in early. I felt bad having to tell people that were there for a wedding that we couldn't get them in till our guaranteed check in time of 3:00.

Several of my co-workers know I am on a diet since I eat lunch with them, but one of the guys who doesn't know commented today that I'd lost weight!!! I'm so excited...he totally made my day. I'm about to have to ask them to order smaller shirts for me...yay!!!!

This weekend promises to be busy at work but that's good for business. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

gettinmygrooveback
08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
WOOHOOOO!!!....new hair do....make sure we see pictures!!

No new hairdo....just a much needed trim and thinning! Low maintenance , thick, naturally curly hair has a very basic style.....layered, either long or short.

HUGE..HUGE...HUGE NSV this afternoon. My son (one and only, age 23) came to visit. I last saw him 3 weeks ago when I helped him move into his new place. At that time, he never said ONE word to me about my weight loss..... Nor did his fiance or my nephew. Yes, I felt a tad bit hurt but moved on. Today he walked in and I saw his expression before he spoke to me...."Wow, look at you Skinny. You look great!" I'm gonna ride this feeling the entire weekend! Life is so good......:sunny:

Sherwood
08-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Congrats on being almost 20!!!! I'm in Canada and this morning some kind soul brought in a dozen Tim's muffins and left them in the lunchroom. On the other floors, everyone has snack areas, crackers, cookies, etc. etc. This afternoon someone brought in baking samples from a restaurant for everyone to try. I'm going to buy blinders to I can make it to the water machine without my mouth watering :)

thinkthin135
08-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Congratulations everyone on your WI's and NSV's. I had my 9th WI today and stayed the same.:( But, last week I couldn't fit into a size 10 and yesterday I bought three pairs of shorts in size 10. Yay. It's weird that you lose inches and no weight but I will take it.

patns
08-05-2011, 09:05 PM
The IP protocol sheet for phase 1 is included a a PDF in the sticky (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html) It says that restricteds should not be eaten for the first 2-3 weeks for maximum results.

The protocol on the sticky is not the one they are giving out now. The latest one removed that part.

JoLoMN
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Greetings IPers!
Congrats on the WI and NSV successes!

I was invited out for drinks with a couple of coworkers for the third afternoon in a row. I have sat and visited with others over a glass of water at each occassion. For whatever reason, it hasn't bothered me the past two nights, but tonight, I really wanted a glass of wine! I resisted. But that glass of wine would taste really good right now. I hope the feeling subsides by morning. I guess the real growth moment here is that earlier on this plan, I would have avoided the situation all together, but since all can see that I'm obviously on a diet, they don't question whether or not I will drink with them, and are just happy for my company. So on with a water-logged social life for me!

pselias
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Went shopping today. Things started out rough at one store where I fit into a size 12 pair of capris, but they were definitely tight around the hips and just not flattering. Another pair of pants (size 14) I couldn't even button. Sizing differences are so irritating. So I went and bought 2 pairs of shoes instead! (Seriously- original price $109, purchased for $24.30; original price $59, purchased for $12!)
Later I decided to give it another go at Target, and I bought 2 cute dresses. One is L, but the other is M!!!! I'm ecstatic. I used to wear dresses and skirts all the time during warm weather, but haven't worn them more than once or twice a year lately. Also my work wardrobe was in serious trouble, so these will give me a couple more options.

patns
08-05-2011, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=colley;3975660]Good day all!!!! I just stepped on the scale to see where i was at and holy moly, WI at 158!!!!! I haven't seen the 150's in sooooooooooo long!!!!!!! Any who, i'm just excited and needs to tell someone, cause i dont tell my hubby the actual number haha[/QUO

hahahaha ... I don't tell my bf my actual weight either! kinda silly, but I play it off like im ten pounds lighter then I really am ! lol Congrats the 150's ! I can't wait, just the number itself sounds so much better :):)

This is funny!

My scale at home and the one at the IP clinic weighs the same. The other morning I weighed myself at home and was 155. My doctor had sent me for some routine tests which were later in the day. I had to get on the scale there and it said 150! Quite exciting to see but obviously wrong. I said your scale is weighing very light. The tech person said most people comment that it is the same as at home. I said "I'm pretty sure it's wrong". She said "Oh no, it's right, I go to WW and I weigh the same there as as I do on this scale." So there are obviously a lot of people wandering around thinking they weigh less than do.

Pat

wuv2bloved
08-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Went shopping today. Things started out rough at one store where I fit into a size 12 pair of capris, but they were definitely tight around the hips and just not flattering. Another pair of pants (size 14) I couldn't even button. Sizing differences are so irritating. So I went and bought 2 pairs of shoes instead! (Seriously- original price $109, purchased for $24.30; original price $59, purchased for $12!)
Later I decided to give it another go at Target, and I bought 2 cute dresses. One is L, but the other is M!!!! I'm ecstatic. I used to wear dresses and skirts all the time during warm weather, but haven't worn them more than once or twice a year lately. Also my work wardrobe was in serious trouble, so these will give me a couple more options.

That is a great feeling! I went into Avenue the other day and usually I always look for the biggest size 30/32 but this time I looked for the 26/28's and they fit well. I didn't buy anything but it was still a good feeling to try on a smaller size that is for sure

pselias
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
disgal - the pictures are amazing! Good for you!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!! Wow what a change you look great.:hug:

nelle2002
08-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Today is day #4 for me.....I weighed myself today and have not lost any weight. I am following Phase 1 to the "tee". Any suggestions?:dizzy: Nelle

jennydoodle
08-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Colip, yes I did increase my protein from 5 to 7 oz, I have stayed off the Propel, upped my H2O intake and K supplement.

Wuv2b, thank you

I have tried to change my tracker and can't seem to get it??

That is great! Keep up this regime for this week and hopefully you will see another loss. I eat 6-8 oz. of protein a day and 4 packets and it is working for me.

Sherwood
08-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Today is day #4 for me.....I weighed myself today and have not lost any weight. I am following Phase 1 to the "tee". Any suggestions?:dizzy: Nelle

As long as you're drinking your water, eating your veggies and taking your supplements, the weight should come off. If you're hungry, your body might be saying to add another protein package. If not, hang in there and see what happens. Takes your body a few days to get into ketosis and then you should see some shift on the scale :)

Porthardygurl
08-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Out of curiosity..what is the difference between american sizing and canadian sizing in pants??? Cause people who are bigger than me are fitting into smaller pants sizes in america..but in canada..i couldnt come close to fitting..its like...someone get me american clothing!

Princess Jessica
08-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Out of curiosity..what is the difference between american sizing and canadian sizing in pants??? Cause people who are bigger than me are fitting into smaller pants sizes in america..but in canada..i couldnt come close to fitting..its like...someone get me american clothing!

Honestly it is the same for all major retailers. If you go on most websites that have international sizing charts, they will have a row labeled US/Canada separate from European and such.
The difference might be that people just carry weight differently, and different stores do sizing MUCH differently. I can vary by as much as 2 or 3 sizes depending on the stores. It is not a US/Canada thing though to my knowledge.

disgal
08-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I eat 6-8 oz. of protein a day and 4 packets and it is working for me.

Yup! This is what I do too....altho my eating schedule is different from Jenny's...

Because I am an early riser, I usually eat an IP breakfast around 6AM. I have a RTD shake around 10:30ish, then an IP lunch around 1PM. Then 6-8 oz protein plus veggies for dinner at 5ish (Hubby gets home around 6:30, but I would be eating everything in sight if I had to wait til then.....I just keep his plate warm;)), then a Restricted IP snack at 7:30PM. My weight loss has been steady 2-3 lbs a week (except for a couple vacation weeks and 1 or 2 cheats:D)!

Best wishes!!

disgal
08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Honestly it is the same for all major retailers. If you go on most websites that have international sizing charts, they will have a row labeled US/Canada separate from European and such.
The difference might be that people just carry weight differently, and different stores do sizing MUCH differently. I can vary by as much as 2 or 3 sizes depending on the stores. It is not a US/Canada thing though to my knowledge.

I agree with Princess Jessica. People come in all different shapes, and therefore different sizes too. Unfortunately, you really can't compare using numbers.

That being said.... I totally get what you're saying! LOL!! I have seen posts of people who weigh more than I do, yet are already in smaller sizes. :( It can get discouraging...BUT DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN!! You are doing fantastic!! :carrot: Just keep watching your own stats as they go lower, and lower, and lower......;)

nelle2002
08-06-2011, 08:21 AM
:hug:Thanks for the reply Sherman:D I plan on sticking with the diet until I lose my goal. It may be my TOM coming....not quite sure.

Here is my daily menu:

Bkst: drink packet
lunch:lettuce with 2 cups allowed vegies (WF dsg);drink packet
dinner:7oz fish, or 5 oz chicken.red meat, small lettuc salad (WF dsg), 2 cups brocolli or cauliflower
snack:drink packet
water >64 oz, supplements

Any suggestions?
How much WF dsg is allowed? Thanks, Nelle:^:

Pxlkitty4
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM

I discussed this with my coach. The restricted products can cause carb cravings in some people. How many of you have had or heard about "bar binges"? Since in the beginning of the program you are going through carb detox and withdrawal, it's better not to have them so you can complete that process and feel "free"... I think it helped me be true to the program, get the discipline early on, and lowered the probability that I would cheat. Just my two cents (with a little bit of help from my coach).

and with no promotions we get no raises either, just found out today we also will be downsized by another department soo kind of scary...

and the double search tip is great thank you.. find things so much easier on this forum now.

Have a great day and thank you for all the things you do for us here, the spreadsheets , advise and all. Have a great weekend.

You are most welcome... I'm sorry that you found out that you are being downsized by another department. I've been laid off once during my career (2002), and it wasn't any fun. I've also been in the "you might be laid off" scenario and that wasn't much more fun... not knowing is so difficult and stressful.

You made me laugh out loud when I read this. My hubby also thought it was pretty funny.

Just a quick note on the inches lost. Please know that not every coach measures the same way. My coach measured 6 locations and didn't double the inches lost for arms/thighs. Other coaches measure more spots (neck, ankle) and may double the total inches for each limb in calculations... so don't automatically assume the fact you lost 3 inches in a week is less than someone who lost 5!

It is hard not to compare yourself to others, but remember we are all different. Have a great weekend. :hug:

Adding the inches is like adding up chickens, apples, and propane tanks. I'm trying to make the point that it's not apples and apples... but seriously! If you measure in 6 places, of course you'll have more inches lost than if you measure in three. Focus in on individual areas -- how much off waist, hips, and bust are the most important.

i would say to first change the timing of your snack. You should always have some good protein after you work out. If you are still hungry later when you would have had the snack, have another low-carb product (I think puddings are the lowest, and I make the vanilla pudding into a big shake using 10 oz water). Good for you that you are working out. I have sore abs today from my pilates, but my instructor made me work really hard and it's a good sore.

Also, I'm starting to focus more on strengthening and toning and less on losing weight. If the extra protein helps me build muscle but slows down the weight loss a little, I am ok with this.

amaliayosa
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm on week two of ip. First week I was down 12 pounds! Amazing. 155 is my new goal. It's currently my Tom but I've not cheated at all. Ate out twice, once at a Brazilian steak house and once had lunch at whole foods ( a big salad) dressing may have been a cheat, oil and balsamic, but still sticking with it. I am loving this plan and have no doubt I will reach my goal! Hope everyones having a great weekend!

Maile
08-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I only ate non restricteds yesterday and went down a pound. I may try it again today. We are in the middle of wheat harvest..so it is very hot and very dusty around here, I am off to do a fasting test and really hope the results are good with the weight I have lost on IP.
Have a great Sat everyone.

darbi40
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
This is week 5 for me and I swear the scale is stuck! The frist 3 weeks I had really good losses in weight and inches, but the last two weeks I havent lost any inches and 2 lbs the 4th week and nothing this last week. Any suggestions? I have 3 ip packs a day with one of them restricted plus my veggies and protein. My ticker is not updated. Scale this morning has my at 179 lbs. I use the ketosis strips and they were reading at the upper end of the scale, then i stupidly cheated last weekend and now the strips are only showing trace levels. Ive been strict for the last 4 days and was hoping that the strips would be back up to the highter levels.

JackieGee
08-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Good Saturday morning all,

Maile, based on your ticker I was thinking you had lost that 74 pounds in your 14 weeks on IP and I was HOLY SMOKE. But after addding it up I see it is closer to 50 which is amazing (although not HOLY SMOKISH). If I could do that I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas when I go visit my son and all the inlaws. That would be so cool.

This morning I tried - with great trepidation - the omelet. The first week I actually made them take it out of my bag because I thought fake egg just sounded too gross. But after reading on here that it's not bad I got two. But I guess I still didn't believe it - I added a wee bit of egg white and then a slice of non-fat processed swiss cheese. It was delish and now I am too full.

Before IP I had an omelet with that cheese every single morning and I felt I just had to have it. Maybe not.

So to make up for the 2 carbs in the cheese I am having no restricteds today.

darbi40
08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
ok now my ticker is updated

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in years. It's only .8 lower than my weigh in Thursday but it's something I haven't seen on this journey and I'm inching closer to a new decade so I am super happy! Still holding out for that stinkin woosh fairy to visit this week.

I agree that it's frustrating when others are wearing a smaller size when they weigh more but it's all in the body shape. I may be in smaller sizes than someone who weighs less me also though because my hips are losing inches nicely.

Speaking of inches, I wouldn't compare with anyone else because not everyone measures the same spots. I measure 7 spots but never double up on inches for arm, calf, or thigh. I'm most concerned with hips, waist, and my belly "pooch" at the moment and love how they are shrinking. I'm 6.5 inches from my smallest measurements back in 2009 so I'm interested in seeing what my weight is when I get there now compared to back then.

As for the food at work, a lot of the vendors we use visit our office and they ALWAYS bring junk. There are quite a few older ladies also who love to bake and always bring it there to share. There are 60 some of us including the shop so there is almost always a birthday too and everybody brings treats. Sometimes people just stop at the store and bring cookies or donuts....it's nuts!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's raining here this morning so I'm just catching up on the boards and being lazy. Tomorrow my daughter is dancing in a talent show at a fair nearby so that should be interesting. It's her 1st time.

pselias
08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Happy Saturday morning, IPers!!!

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Bellamack: Congrats on the loss! Finally huh! I bet you are over that hump now and will continue to lose. Who cares if the coach thinks you are cheating, only you know what is going in your mouth.

jordanna
08-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Morning everyone :)

Going to see Harry Potter with my husband tonight...excited and this time not even nervous about popcorn...I did it last time and I can do it again :). It also helps that this morning I finally broke out of the 230's. They've been plaguing me for over a month.

Have a great weekend :)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Good morning all, hopefully today is great for everyone... It has to be it is SATURDAY!

Walked the dogs for 1 hour this morning, now getting ready to go out to donate some blood (hopefully my pulse is at the right level this week) then off to my favorite place for lunch... then I have to mow my lawn, it rained last night and hopefully it will be dry this afternoon to cut it... as I had lawn mower issues for 2 weeks and had to weedwack my lawn last night as it was 2 feet long...yuck.

Congrats Jordanna, I went last week to Cowboys and Aliens and LOVED it...

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm still nervous about movie theater popcorn. It's my favorite part of the movie! (Horrible, I know!) Good job hitting a new decade. I can't wait!

I decided to go get my kids' school supplies this afternoon as I'm tired of sitting home all day every Saturday. My hubby always works at his full time job 6-11 on Sat and then at his part time job 1-6 so I've grown to hate them. During the school year I don't mind as much because I have homework to keep me busy but during the summer I'd rather be out and about.

MJKinMN
08-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey there fellow IPers!

Question for the day: How in the heck to do I get my ticker? My user CP still says " you have to be a member for 20 days and have atleast 20 posts" blah, blah, blah....this Tuesday will be my 1 month so I know I have been a member long enough but cant seem to figure this one out on my own....anyone know something that I dont? :) Thanks in advance for this one!

fae67
08-06-2011, 02:17 PM
This is week 5 for me and I swear the scale is stuck! The frist 3 weeks I had really good losses in weight and inches, but the last two weeks I havent lost any inches and 2 lbs the 4th week and nothing this last week. Any suggestions? I have 3 ip packs a day with one of them restricted plus my veggies and protein. My ticker is not updated. Scale this morning has my at 179 lbs. I use the ketosis strips and they were reading at the upper end of the scale, then i stupidly cheated last weekend and now the strips are only showing trace levels. Ive been strict for the last 4 days and was hoping that the strips would be back up to the highter levels.

Don't worry darbi40, it's the dreaded 5 week lull which seems to happen to a lot of people. Just stick to the plan and it will all work out. :)

Going to see Harry Potter with my husband tonight...excited and this time not even nervous about popcorn...I did it last time and I can do it again :). It also helps that this morning I finally broke out of the 230's. They've been plaguing me for over a month.

Jordana, I went to see Harry Potter last weekend - loved it! I made a little mixed bag of goodies with some of the southwestern puffs and the chocolate puffs combined (I weighed the total amount to 35grams - the approx amt per serving on the packages) Happily, I wasn't even tempted by the popcorn! :) Have fun!

MJKinMN
08-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Jordanna, I saw HP last weekend with my kids...so much action and so much to follow who has time for popcorn???? Hope you enjoy it!

patns
08-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Actually I think there is a difference. Canadian sizes seem smaller and I have read that is true. Most of my clothes come from Coldwater Creek though because they carry a petite ( in my case "short") in all sizes and often have free shipping. Plus the Canadian $$$ has been strong lately.

MJKinMN
08-06-2011, 02:25 PM
OK so I lied...another question: what are these ketosis strips that everyone is taking about and where do you find them? I am assuming that I am in ketosis with the weight loss that I have experienced in the past month...I am just curious how far the strips read...thanks!

JoLoMN
08-06-2011, 02:28 PM
If I could do that I could lose 50 pounds by Christmas when I go visit my son and all the inlaws. That would be so cool.

JackieGee your goal is achievable! There are many great examples of IPers on this site who have done it!

Remain Strong!:hug:

Bellamack
08-06-2011, 02:34 PM
All I can say right now ( tears in my eyes) I LOVE ALL MY IP 3FC'S I couldn't do this without your support and tips. I think that those who suggested more protein were right on, I feel much better, not so sluggish.

and I said I think my coach (whom I really like) thinks I am cheating because when I asked if she had seen this kind of slow-down in any of her other clients, she said "no, only the ones that cheated". I made it very clear to her that I have not cheated even once. She still thinks I should be downing the Propel, but I am not going to.

again, thank you for keeping me going through a very early in the program rough patch. I am certain I would have quit without the reassurance :)

Congrats to all with your great victories!

JoLoMN
08-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Jordanna, I appaulde you! I've been avoiding the theatre as I'm too afriad of my will power diving into a large popcorn with extra butter and not looking back!

Good for you! As for me, I need a bit more time yet.

Sherwood
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey there fellow IPers!

Question for the day: How in the heck to do I get my ticker? My user CP still says " you have to be a member for 20 days and have atleast 20 posts" blah, blah, blah....this Tuesday will be my 1 month so I know I have been a member long enough but cant seem to figure this one out on my own....anyone know something that I dont? :) Thanks in advance for this one!

Start here - it's a little convuluted, but the instructions are all there :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Busymomx4
08-06-2011, 04:00 PM

I think its more the stores than the country cause i can go a store (usually reitmans) and fit in a size that if i try that same size anywhere else, it will be too small.

jordanna
08-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Anyone eaten at Moxie's on IP? What did you have?

jennydoodle
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
All I can say right now ( tears in my eyes) I LOVE ALL MY IP 3FC'S I couldn't do this without your support and tips. I think that those who suggested more protein were right on, I feel much better, not so sluggish.

and I said I think my coach (whom I really like) thinks I am cheating because when I asked if she had seen this kind of slow-down in any of her other clients, she said "no, only the ones that cheated". I made it very clear to her that I have not cheated even once. She still thinks I should be downing the Propel, but I am not going to.

again, thank you for keeping me going through a very early in the program rough patch. I am certain I would have quit without the reassurance :)

I don't know why you coach is so hung up on Propel!?!? I find that the more I limit my usage of WF, Mio, ect... the better my weeks are. I guess I am more sensitive than others to the "fake" stuff and it is very possible that you are too. I can't even drink Gatorade without getting a stomach ache. If at all possible, try to stay away from those things this week and see what happens.

And of course, keep up the extra protein.

patns
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM

I love Moxie's but the last time I went they had changed their salad selection. What is tough about them I don't think you can find their nutritional info on line, at least I can't. I'd try to work with their spinach salad and bring your own dressing. But I seem to remember it has bacon bits too.
Let us know what you work out,I will likely be eating there in the near future.

Pat

patns
08-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Bellamack, so glad you are seeing some poitive results. You sure are persistant, it will pay off.

Pat

fae67
08-06-2011, 06:48 PM

I was there a couple weeks ago and had the 8 oz steak. They were really nice about making just a "plain" salad and a "plain" steak (I explained about the diet and what I couldn't have - they were very accomodating, provided olive oil and vinegar):)

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Just back from getting school supplies and I have a question. Those of you who use Good Seasons dressing have you have the garlic and herb? I have WF Italian in my fridge so I didn't want to buy that one and this is the only other one Walmart had. Hope it's good!

Oh, and I hit a consignment store I've never been to about 30 mins from my house and I found a ton of super cute jeans. Beings I have a bunch in the next size I only bought 1 pair for $6. They are 2 sizes smaller than the capris I was wearing today. It's no wonder I had trouble keeping the capris up all day. I hope the next time I stop I am a couple sizes smaller again and can't keep the ones I bought today up! That next size had lots of cute ones but I couldn't get myself to buy them yet. Kinda like I am scared I won't make it there.

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 07:48 PM

I just upped my protein this week too so I hope to see a good loss from it. I was only eating 4oz no matter what the meat was.

Travel Gal
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
In the last 3 days, I've had 2 guys ask me out on dates...something which hardly ever happens for a few reasons, but one I'm sure because I didn't look healthy. Now, 15 lbs later, I'm starting to get dates!

Now don't misunderstand me...I am definitely not the type of girl that obsesses about when her next date will be or when will I meet "the one" but I have to admit...it's kind of fun!!! The first guy I met in a bar and while it was amusing to flirt I won't be seeing or talking to him again because he was kind of wacky. The second one seems very nice but lives out of state so I'm sure it won't actually lead to anything, but it will be fun in the process!!

After I get off work tomorrow we are going to a large art fair that occurs every year where I live. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to tell him that I'm on a diet and there's going to be a lot of tempting foods around (fair food, anyone?) but I've been in other tempting situations and have successfully not given in so I know I'll be ok.

So that's my exciting news for now!!! Wish me luck!!!!

Travel Gal
08-06-2011, 08:32 PM
OK so I lied...another question: what are these ketosis strips that everyone is taking about and where do you find them? I am assuming that I am in ketosis with the weight loss that I have experienced in the past month...I am just curious how far the strips read...thanks!

They are strips that will measure the amount of ketones in your urine, which in turn indicates how much ketones you are getting rid of (the more the better). Ketones, in short, are groupings of sugars and fats. You can find them in pretty much any pharmacy where they would keep diabetic testing items as they are also used for diabetics.

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM
In the last 3 days, I've had 2 guys ask me out on dates...something which hardly ever happens for a few reasons, but one I'm sure because I didn't look healthy. Now, 15 lbs later, I'm starting to get dates!

Now don't misunderstand me...I am definitely not the type of girl that obsesses about when her next date will be or when will I meet "the one" but I have to admit...it's kind of fun!!! The first guy I met in a bar and while it was amusing to flirt I won't be seeing or talking to him again because he was kind of wacky. The second one seems very nice but lives out of state so I'm sure it won't actually lead to anything, but it will be fun in the process!!

After I get off work tomorrow we are going to a large art fair that occurs every year where I live. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to tell him that I'm on a diet and there's going to be a lot of tempting foods around (fair food, anyone?) but I've been in other tempting situations and have successfully not given in so I know I'll be ok.

Good luck! One of the guys who have commented on my loss is my age and my husband wasn't happy. ;) He's getting a little worried about the comments I've been getting but he likes it at the same time.

woolberger
08-06-2011, 09:39 PM

You don't have to divulge anything. Just say you don't eat those unhealthy foods (in a nice way) and offer to take him out for sashimi or steak. Have fun!

nikkib
08-06-2011, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=ItsAboutTime;3977208]Just back from getting school supplies and I have a question. Those of you who use Good Seasons dressing have you have the garlic and herb?

I just got the farlic and herb one and it is excelent. I think it has 1 higher carb and sugar than the itallian one. I used the directions on back for less oil (1/4 c oil and 1/4 c water mixed) It was real good.

ItsAboutTime
08-06-2011, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=ItsAboutTime;3977208]Just back from getting school supplies and I have a question. Those of you who use Good Seasons dressing have you have the garlic and herb?

I just got the farlic and herb one and it is excelent. I think it has 1 higher carb and sugar than the itallian one. I used the directions on back for less oil (1/4 c oil and 1/4 c water mixed) It was real good.

Thanks! I was going to do the less oil directions also.

wuv2bloved
08-06-2011, 11:50 PM

Bella, we told you we would get you through this and we have!!!....SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

I have been away all day, had an early start and just getting back now. I had a NSV this morning, I have lost 60lbs but wearing the same clothes they just fit the way they are suppose to fit now. Well this morning I found a pair of shorts in my drawer that was a size 26. I hadn't wore those in like 5-6 years, I said what the **** lets see if they fit. I am thinking to myself they won't fit, last time I couldn't even get them over my hips. So I grabbed them sat on my bed, put one leg in, then the next and pulled them up....past my hips.....onto my waist!!!! AND to top it off I just SNAPPED them I DIDN'T have to pull them together to snap them. THEY FIT!! and are comfortable. When I came out of my room I had this HUGE smile on my face and my youngest son said Mom new shorts? I said yea but no, so he knew what I meant. Later in the day he said Mom I really like that you are losing all of this weight but I will HATE when you have to go get a whole new wardrobe ....lol.....He said you won't know what to do with yourself. I just laughed at him. Its been a great day!

justamom
08-07-2011, 01:00 AM
How fun for you!:)

Sherwood
08-07-2011, 01:05 AM

I went with a steak and salad - the old standby. Skipped the taters of course and they gave me some veggies naked.

whirlybird68
08-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I posted this on the cheat forum, but to be honest, i need all the help i can get so i am posting it here also.
I had a very rough last couple of days. My teenage daughter is having emotional issues and we ended up in an emergency room from Thursday at 11pm until Friday morning at 4:00 am. Being up and stressed all night found me at Waffle House at 4:30. I had all my old favs like grits, hashbrowns and toast. Stayed home and in bed all day Friday (unraveling mentally from the long night) and ended up ordering pizza from Papa Johns on Friday night. Today, we were invited to a few friends' houses. They served shrimp and crab chowder at the first gathering, and tamales and banana bread at the second.
I cannot understand why this is so hard for me as I am an extremely strong personality, successful in every other aspect of my life. I even stopped smoking 3 years ago, hardest thing i ever had to do. I am basically stalled at10 or 11 lbs, which is my first week loss. I have wasted money and time for week 2, 3 and 4. I am having an extremely tough time accepting the no carb issue. I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE Carbs. What's a girl to do? God help me!

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Aww Whirlybird I feel for you. I love my carbs too. But what I can tell you even though I'm new to IP, I am not new to low carb and I not only know it works but I know that once you're in ketosis you absolutely lose that craving for carbs. You just have to be strong and get through the hard few days. The problem is, if you suffer through one and a half or two days and then blow it, you start to suffer again.

Believe me, 100% might not sound eaiser but it is far easier than doing it 75% and suffering constantly.

Of course, the emotional trauma you've just been through was plenty of reason for wanting comfort food but now you've had it jump back on the wagon and get the suffering over with and then stay 100% and just enjoy the ride and the loss.

Pxlkitty4
08-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I posted this on the cheat forum, but to be honest, i need all the help i can get so i am posting it here also.
I had a very rough last couple of days. My teenage daughter is having emotional issues and we ended up in an emergency room from Thursday at 11pm until Friday morning at 4:00 am. Being up and stressed all night found me at Waffle House at 4:30. I had all my old favs like grits, hashbrowns and toast. Stayed home and in bed all day Friday (unraveling mentally from the long night) and ended up ordering pizza from Papa Johns on Friday night. Today, we were invited to a few friends' houses. They served shrimp and crab chowder at the first gathering, and tamales and banana bread at the second.
I cannot understand why this is so hard for me as I am an extremely strong personality, successful in every other aspect of my life. I even stopped smoking 3 years ago, hardest thing i ever had to do. I am basically stalled at10 or 11 lbs, which is my first week loss. I have wasted money and time for week 2, 3 and 4. I am having an extremely tough time accepting the no carb issue. I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE Carbs. What's a girl to do? God help me!

The carb addiction is harder to quit than smoking. I've done both. The carb one is waaaaay harder. I always felt like I was in control of everything else in my life, except food. But, because food is such a huge part of life and impacts how we look, what we can wear, and our size, it felt like I was only I was only in Control of 70% of my life.

I'm sorry that you slipped. It sounds like you had a rough few days and that is understandable. However, I suggest that you try to understand how you could have handled the situation differently. You are still turning to food for comfort. Is there something else you could have ordered, or should you have suggested a different place altogether? Learn from this experience, because life will always throw your curveballs and you have to learn to change how you deal with things.

Now, get back OP right away. You will probably need a few days to get back into ketosis, but that is ok. You will have more carb withdrawal, but that is ok too. I wish all the willpower in the world. You can do this.

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I just tried the chocolate pancakes for breakfast. What an odd experience - kinda like eating chocolate milk. They were good - but for breakfast? Maybe not so much. Great for a latenight snack. Next time I'll try the regular pancakes.

The funny thing is, the chocolate cheerios commercial that's been on so much has had me thinking "yum, this is the first thing I'm going to eat when I stop IP." And I'm not really even a cereal eater. I think the chocolate pancakes made me get over that.

They were good though and I'm full now.

Maile
08-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Jackie..The crepes are not bad nor are the orange pancakes..also making pancakes from the crispy cereal are really quite good. I couldn't eat the chocolate pancakes for breakfast either..

Maile
08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
After battling weight for much of my life, I have finally figured out that it is truely a carb addiction. There is no doubt that if you eat more carbs, you crave more carbs and put on weight. It also messes up your blood sugar which starts the cravings again.
I can understand your love of carbs! When you jump back on IP you do lose much of your desire for carbs. You did great in the first few weeks and will once again begin losing as soon as you get back on.
My best wishes for you and hope today goes well.

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Maile? How do you make it from the crispy cereal - not that i[ll probably get that again but you never know.

I had heard that the orange pancakes were gross but my fav flavor combination is orange and chocolate so perhaps orange pancakes with chocolate syrup would be an excellent decadant meal or snack

I was just writing in my journal out on my deck as I do every Sunday morning and saying how great IP is - I'm overwhelmingly satisifed with every part of it - the food tastes good, is extremely filling and satisifying, I'm not having cravings and I lost a bunch in my first week. I hope that continues

sandyh50
08-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning all! I have had company for 4 days so I have been busy! Then yesterday my scrap booking gals came over for a few hours to scrapbook. The hardest part was making the "goodies" for the club. I did cut up celery for those of us dieting but I sure wanted to lick the knife and eat some crumbs after I cut the BRo*******s. But I persevered and am 100% OP and on Day 48!!!

Woohoo, I sent 2 bags of larger clothes home with my sis-in-law and she wanted me to keep them "just in case"! I thought about it a moment and said no way, I am not going back to that size!!!

Bellamack, I saw that you lost 2.2 pounds! You are over the hump, now just eat a few more fish meals this week! I have been doing quite a few fish meals because I lost last week and I seem to have a nothing week after a loss,. I am trying to break that cycle!
Congrats to all of you on your victories this weekend. Dig inside for that internal motivation and be strong in temptation, remove the temptation or remove yourself. Don't let it get to you. Remember, this is a no cheat diet. I have been reading Dr. Tran's book and also going to his website and reading there. Make some adjustments . I am having baked zuchinni and mushrooms slices instead of all the broccoli and cauliflower. Just trying to change things up a little.

Bellamack
08-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Good Sunday Morning to all,

I had another party at the Lake yesterday and food galore, stuck to a grilled chicken breast and raw veggies. I made a caramel cheesecake and didn't lick a drop. hmmmmmmmm. not easy.

My husband loves to fish, I have never fished, I am more the type to sit in the shade (Irish skin) and read a book. So, last night some classmates were in town (35 yrs out of school) and they said "come on lets fish" and I said I cant put those crawfish on a hook alive and I couldn't take a fish off a hook, so they volunteered to do it for me. I caught 7 fish and 1 was the biggest they got out of the lake that anyone could remember (drew quite the crowd) well, I was laughing so hard I was crying, just too funny. A guy in a canoe came paddling toward our boat when he heard all the commotion and he says 'what is it?" and I yelled "it's a Marlin" and everyone was dying laughing, since we were in a small upstate NY fresh water lake. So, much fun, they all celebrated with a round of "jello shots", but not me, just a big smile. :)

Sherwood
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM

So sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she will get the help she needs to get through this phase. You said you wasted time and money for 3 weeks - actually you didn't! You had an emotional "get comfort food" response and went with it, followed by dinner with your friends and the "I've already blown it, so I might as well syndrome". What you've learned is:

a) an expensive lesson that you don't want to repeat (as someone else said - what other activities/choices could you have made?) think about it and write down 3 things you'll do in the future instead of wasting all the time and $$

b) yes, you (and many of us here) are true carb addicts. It's like quitting smoking - and you were successful at that. You can't have one ciggy, or two ciggys, or your back to full blown puffing (pun intended) :) I finally figured out that after 2 months, it wasn't the potatoes I missed, it was all the crap I put on them. I could honestly care less about bread and rice now. It takes time, but like quitting smoking, it DOES get easier with time.

c) you've learned about a huge lapse that will be followed by getting back on your horse, visualizing yourself at 130 and saying "yes - I'm worth it" - sorry L'Oreal, but it's a great line.

Hang in there! Although it's not the same thing, my nephew tried to commit suicide a month ago and came to stay with us for a week. He's now in a program back home of intensive counselling full time for a month with follow up counselling. While my initial reaction to this news was to run for food, I stopped and asked how cheating on my diet was going to help him or me - bottom line, it wasn't.

Maile
08-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Jackie Gee: The crispy pancakes are to take mix 1 packet cereal, 1 egg white or 3 tbls egg whites from the carton, 1/4 t baking powder and 1/4 t vanilla and then add a little water to a pancake consistency. I dump in cinnamon also.
I did not like the orange pancakes either..but for some reason after being on this long..now I like them.
You could also try orange extract in a chocolate pudding if you like that combo. I know there is lemon extract..or in a pudding cake.
I am also happy eating IP products!

disgal
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I just tried the chocolate pancakes for breakfast. What an odd experience - kinda like eating chocolate milk. They were good - but for breakfast? Maybe not so much. Great for a latenight snack. Next time I'll try the regular pancakes.

The funny thing is, the chocolate cheerios commercial that's been on so much has had me thinking "yum, this is the first thing I'm going to eat when I stop IP." And I'm not really even a cereal eater. I think the chocolate pancakes made me get over that.

They were good though and I'm full now.

LOL!! My Hubby makes the chocolate "cereal" pancakes every day for breakfast. Before IP he used to make chocolate chip pancakes. I just can't seem to stomach the thought of having chocolate at breakfast. I agree with you.... maybe a late night snack instead!! I am still having the cereal pancakes made with banana extract and WF strawberry syrup most mornings (I sent a text to my coach asking if I could use the banana extract and she said that was fine). I enjoy the taste of those!

I am psyched!! My neighbor found frozen rhubard for me!!:carrot: I can't wait to try all the yummy recipes!! :carrot:

We are heading to our annual Cousin's party today. Most of our relatives haven't seen us since before we started IP!! Should be fun!!

Happy Sunday all!!

ItsAboutTime
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Good Sunday morning. Just one more day to get through before we are back to normal routine. One more weekend I've made it through with no cheating and hope you did too! I stepped on the scale today and to my surprise was down 6 pounds. I thought holy catfish, that woosh fairy found me. And then my scale went blank and read ERR. So I stepped off and got back on again and I was really only down another pound so 2 since Thursday. (That's more realistic I suppose.) I always have great losses on the weekends and then slow during the week for some reason. Hoping that's not the case this week so I can get closer to that half way point!

Whirlybird: I'm sorry about what's going on in your life but you have to learn to turn to something other than food for comfort. Food only satisfies hunger. You probably only felt worse after eating it I'm assuming so it may have been a good lesson. Keep your chin up and get back at it. I agree that after the first few days those carb cravings are not as strong. Stick with it and you can do this!

Sandy: I'm a scrapbooker too and all of the crops I've been to have been filled with junk. Funny how scrapping and snacking go hand in hand. Lately the 6 or 8 of us who would go from town have just been getting together at someone's house locally so we save a little money and then we can also have healthier snacks.

I want to pass my clothes to my sister in law also but I feel like I will be offending her. She has her second weigh in tomorrow and has been doing great so she will need new smaller clothes soon and it's obvious she is much bigger than me but how do you go about saying, "hey, these are too big for me you can have them"? I thought about keeping them just in case too but now that I know how to lose, I plan on catching any gain I may have before they get out of hand. We won't need those old clothes!

justamom
08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Of course we LOVE carbs. That is in reality why the majority of us are here. Quitting smoking is not the same. While it does require great willpower to quit you do not HAVE to smoke. But the truth of the matter is that we HAVE to eat. SO it is up to us to learn to make the right choices. When we have baddays or bad weeks we need to put our big girl panties on and start again. There is not one of us who have not been where you are. The advice to come up with a plan for next time is excellent. We should all have a "what if" plan so that we are not broad sided.
I hope that your daughter is getting help. Focus on her and keep busy. That will help get your mind off food.

gettinmygrooveback
08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
12 weeks ago when I began researching IP, I never would have thought that after 9.5 weeks into the program I would be able to say that (as of this morning) I am only 1/2 pound away from reaching my 50% goal and 6 pounds away from seeing the 190's. I was able to hold back the tears this morning (barely) but when I see that 199.5........I don't think I will be able to do so.

Best to all........we got this! :sunny:

soccermom9799
08-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm hoping for some advice. I started this diet exactly 2 weeks ago today. I did do it for about 5 weeks last summer also. This time though I'm having an easy time doing it but I'm feeling awful. I've lost exactly 10 pounds already. I'm 5'4 1/2" and starting weight was 166. I have NO energy, my pulse is running very high 100-110, BP is normal, I feel on the verge of passing out at any moment, very weak too. Not sure what to do. This has been going on since thursday. Not sure what to do. My coach doesn't allow restricted foods until the 3rd weigh in. Last time I had more energy than I knew what to do with. I haven't cheated even once. A NP at my clinic suggested maybe we start some restricted foods this week (a week early) but I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Any advice at all. Thanks!!

justamom
08-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Whoo Hoo!! We are excited with you! :)

Ishbel
08-07-2011, 01:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she will get the help she needs to get through this phase. You said you wasted time and money for 3 weeks - actually you didn't! You had an emotional "get comfort food" response and went with it, followed by dinner with your friends and the "I've already blown it, so I might as well syndrome". What you've learned is:

a) an expensive lesson that you don't want to repeat (as someone else said - what other activities/choices could you have made?) think about it and write down 3 things you'll do in the future instead of wasting all the time and $$

b) yes, you (and many of us here) are true carb addicts. It's like quitting smoking - and you were successful at that. You can't have one ciggy, or two ciggys, or your back to full blown puffing (pun intended) :) I finally figured out that after 2 months, it wasn't the potatoes I missed, it was all the crap I put on them. I could honestly care less about bread and rice now. It takes time, but like quitting smoking, it DOES get easier with time.

c) you've learned about a huge lapse that will be followed by getting back on your horse, visualizing yourself at 130 and saying "yes - I'm worth it" - sorry L'Oreal, but it's a great line.

Hang in there! Although it's not the same thing, my nephew tried to commit suicide a month ago and came to stay with us for a week. He's now in a program back home of intensive counselling full time for a month with follow up counselling. While my initial reaction to this news was to run for food, I stopped and asked how cheating on my diet was going to help him or me - bottom line, it wasn't.

Couldn't have said it better myself....awesome post.

Whirlybird- what I would say is pick yourself up and dust yourself off. I know you can do this diet. ;) :hug:

sandyh50
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
ITSABOUTTIME! I actually have a scrapbooking club once a month at my house where I design (or borrow) a 2 page layout that the girls do. We used to do potlucks and that was always very fattening so when it moved to my house I kind of weaned them off that and just said the hostess for the month brings treats. I did ask my sis in law if she wanted the shirts and she said she is way bustier than me, but I think they will fit her cause I got really big there. I told her the pants, capris would be too big but she could just pass them on to someone else. We have a good relationship so she isn't offended. I know how expensive clothes are so maybe just casually just say to your sis in law that maybe she could find a few things in your bag that she could use.

[QUOTE=gettinmygrooveback;3978060]12 weeks ago when I began researching IP, I never would have thought that after 9.5 weeks into the program I would be able to say that (as of this morning) I am only 1/2 pound away from reaching my 50% goal and 6 pounds away from seeing the 190's. I was able to hold back the tears this morning (barely) but when I see that 199.5........I don't think I will be able to do so.

WOW! SO EXCITING FOR YOU! ONEDERLAND IS IN YOUR GRASP!!!

gettinmygrooveback
08-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear of your struggles. It took me a long time to be able to flip that mental switch.....WE EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT. Unfortunately, in our part of the world, food is the center of everything! I love carbs too.....large part of the reason I am in the situation I am in now. But I made THE CHOICE to not let them control me. Take that strong personality of yours and have a very stern conversation with yourself. Perhaps come up with some sort of mantra to help yourself in those time of weakness. "I am in charge" or something along that line. What's more important to you at this point in your life? What good has that carb ever done for you other than a momentary gratification? There are many wonderful alternatives. Don't you want to be a happy and healthy woman in control of her food? Overindulgence in carbs not only leads to weight gain but over time will destroy your pancreas and you open the door for diabetes. I watched it literally destroy my father's body. Genetics were taking me down that same road and I chose to alter my path.

Be strong and make the right choice.....you can do this! :hug:

leganegan
08-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Maile? How do you make it from the crispy cereal - not that i[ll probably get that again but you never know.

I had heard that the orange pancakes were gross but my fav flavor combination is orange and chocolate so perhaps orange pancakes with chocolate syrup would be an excellent decadant meal or snack

I was just writing in my journal out on my deck as I do every Sunday morning and saying how great IP is - I'm overwhelmingly satisifed with every part of it - the food tastes good, is extremely filling and satisifying, I'm not having cravings and I lost a bunch in my first week. I hope that continues

I made the cereal pancake yesterday, it was good. but i didn't use water and i think i needed it. i felt like it was lodged in my throat when I swallowed each bite. i threw in nutmeg and cinnamon. yum!

leganegan
08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm hoping for some advice. I started this diet exactly 2 weeks ago today. I did do it for about 5 weeks last summer also. This time though I'm having an easy time doing it but I'm feeling awful. I've lost exactly 10 pounds already. I'm 5'4 1/2" and starting weight was 166. I have NO energy, my pulse is running very high 100-110, BP is normal, I feel on the verge of passing out at any moment, very weak too. Not sure what to do. This has been going on since thursday. Not sure what to do. My coach doesn't allow restricted foods until the 3rd weigh in. Last time I had more energy than I knew what to do with. I haven't cheated even once. A NP at my clinic suggested maybe we start some restricted foods this week (a week early) but I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Any advice at all. Thanks!!

this is my 2nd round doing the diet, and I am the opposite. I am not tired or hungry and have tons of energy. I think you should add the restricted. I didn't add the restricted right away last time, but at this new clinic I did. And I think it helps. I also drink at least 100oz of water daily and take omega in addition to the other required vitamins. measure those 2cups of veggies too, i didn't last time and i think it forces me to eat them all instead of guess.
I lost 6.2 lbs the first week and 2.2 the second (second week I ate turkey sausage the night before my weigh in, i was probably retaining some water. didn't know I couldn't have it).
Don't be afraid of adding the restricted in now, a lot of us started with them from beginning and have done just fine. Maybe add additional protein to your diet too? that has helped some people.

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Soccermom, I'm new so I sure don't know what to tell you. I have seen other people remind others of the potassium pills and to take the salt. All I do want to say is that my coach actually told me that I wasn't even restricted to one restricted per day during my first week but in the second week she cut me back to one a day. actually she told me that if I want to work out I have to have two restricteds.

I'd try one if I were you to see if it helps.

Maile
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I made the cereal pancake yesterday, it was good. but i didn't use water and i think i needed it. i felt like it was lodged in my throat when I swallowed each bite. i threw in nutmeg and cinnamon. yum!
It needs water for sure!

wuv2bloved
08-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Good Sunday morning. Just one more day to get through before we are back to normal routine. One more weekend I've made it through with no cheating and hope you did too! I stepped on the scale today and to my surprise was down 6 pounds. I thought holy catfish, that woosh fairy found me. And then my scale went blank and read ERR. So I stepped off and got back on again and I was really only down another pound so 2 since Thursday. (That's more realistic I suppose.) I always have great losses on the weekends and then slow during the week for some reason. Hoping that's not the case this week so I can get closer to that half way point!

Whirlybird: I'm sorry about what's going on in your life but you have to learn to turn to something other than food for comfort. Food only satisfies hunger. You probably only felt worse after eating it I'm assuming so it may have been a good lesson. Keep your chin up and get back at it. I agree that after the first few days those carb cravings are not as strong. Stick with it and you can do this!

Sandy: I'm a scrapbooker too and all of the crops I've been to have been filled with junk. Funny how scrapping and snacking go hand in hand. Lately the 6 or 8 of us who would go from town have just been getting together at someone's house locally so we save a little money and then we can also have healthier snacks.

I want to pass my clothes to my sister in law also but I feel like I will be offending her. She has her second weigh in tomorrow and has been doing great so she will need new smaller clothes soon and it's obvious she is much bigger than me but how do you go about saying, "hey, these are too big for me you can have them"? I thought about keeping them just in case too but now that I know how to lose, I plan on catching any gain I may have before they get out of hand. We won't need those old clothes!

If she knows that she is bigger than you, you would be saving her money and she could still look good by using your too big clothes. Let her know you see a difference and she will need smaller clothes, tell her you went closet shopping and found these for her. I wish someone would closet shop and hand me down some clothes, wouldn't offend me at all. The less money I have to spend the better!

Whirlybird-you are going through a lot right now and you will get through this. I agree with what someone else said YOU ARE WORTH IT AND CAN DO THIS!!....the fact that you emotional ate is now in the past so get back to program. I went to Waffle House and I ordered a chef salad, took the cheese off(there wasn't much) and used the italian dressing but very little. Anytime you go out to eat there is ALWAYS some type of salad, just add a grilled chicken breast to it. You have to want to make that change.

My youngest son leaves to go to college next weekend, I am already crying about that. He goes to Mississippi State and that is 4 hours away. He doesn't come home often when he is up there. I just found out that his best friend's mom is throwing this HUGH going away party for him and my son. She cooks exotic food and NOT healthy at all. I will either 1- eat before I go 2- bring my veggies with me or 3 just have a lot of water to drink and eat nothing. I know I will be upset because he is leaving but I won't cave into the food. He is proud of me and how well I am doing and he knows how hard I try. He will probably make sure I have something there to eat that is OP for me. Its going to be a rough week for me but I will stay strong and just cry all the water I drink out....should have a good weight loss for sure...haha

MJKinMN
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone!

Soccermom, sounds like you may need an additional protein or restricted. It is hard to continue on IP when you feel terrible but it sounds as if your body neeeds more of something. I guess I would try an additional protein pack, restricted, or eating something every 2.5 hours vs. 3-4...remember, you can always have additional veggies too which wont hurt you but will give your body a little something extra to go on...just a thought.

soccermom9799
08-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. The more I read up on it the more I'm convinced I might be experiencing low blood sugar symptoms. I'm shakey, weak, headache, fast pulse, lethargic, my hands and fingers are tingly and achey,etc. I'm wondering if I should just go eat a bit of something with sugar in it to see if I feel better. I don't want out of ketosis though. How much carbs does it take to be out? I really don't want to cheat I'm just wanting to know what's wrong.

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Instead of having sugar, try a restricted packet and see how you feel.

soccermom9799
08-07-2011, 02:38 PM
JackieGee, I don't have any restricted foods. My consultant didn't allow me any. Should I do an extra shake?

Bellamack
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
gettingmygrooveback, I am sooooooooo Happy :) for you. You go right ahead and cry those happy tears & I will cry with you!

wuv2bloved
08-07-2011, 02:43 PM
ok, now that I have caught up on everything I am going lay out in my NEW size 26 bathing suit :) I had not bought a bathing suit in over 6 years, just kept wearing the same one. When I tried this one on, just to see how it looked and it fit I was like YES!! and I got it for only $20 so I was ecstatic. Everyone have a great day!

Sherwood
08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
ok, now that I have caught up on everything I am going lay out in my NEW size 26 bathing suit :) I had not bought a bathing suit in over 6 years, just kept wearing the same one. When I tried this one on, just to see how it looked and it fit I was like YES!! and I got it for only $20 so I was ecstatic. Everyone have a great day!

Wonderful news!!! don't forget the sunscreen :D

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Cool! Way to go!

JackieGee
08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
soccer mom, yeah as soon as I typed that I thought she probably doesn't have any restricted. that truly sucks. Yeah maybe an extra shake would help and more restricted veggies maybe?

I wonder, obviously I"m not an expert here, just wondering. Is it possible you're having too MUCH water?

soccermom9799
08-07-2011, 03:54 PM
JackieGee,
My consultant asked that too. I'm sure I'm not drinking too much. I'm measuring and drinking 64 oz a day. I went ahead and had a chocolate shake and feel a little better but still not right. I might ask for a blood sugar test when I go in Wednesday for weigh in. Also, I really haven't cheated once and my weight loss is good but I bought some of those ketone test strips and am measuring in the trace ketone range. I'm confused by that because I've been so good. Maybe that doesn't really matter as long as I'm losing weight.

ItsAboutTime
08-07-2011, 05:43 PM
JackieGee,
My consultant asked that too. I'm sure I'm not drinking too much. I'm measuring and drinking 64 oz a day. I went ahead and had a chocolate shake and feel a little better but still not right. I might ask for a blood sugar test when I go in Wednesday for weigh in. Also, I really haven't cheated once and my weight loss is good but I bought some of those ketone test strips and am measuring in the trace ketone range. I'm confused by that because I've been so good. Maybe that doesn't really matter as long as I'm losing weight.

Could you run to the store and get some Atkins bars? Not IP but it's all I use and it would be considered restricted.

ItsAboutTime
08-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, back from the fair. My daughter won 1st place in the 8-12 year age division with her dance routine. I'm super proud because she was the only 8 year old there. It was her first time doing a solo so she was a little nervous but she's a ham and loves to perform so it went well.

I just had a shake because I hadn't had lunch. I'm not hungry so I'm skipping veggies, I know I know.....but dinner will be here soon and I will eat some then.

gettinmygrooveback
08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
WOW! SO EXCITING FOR YOU! ONEDERLAND IS IN YOUR GRASP!!!

Got goose bumps reading back what I wrote! :)

gettingmygrooveback, I am sooooooooo Happy :) for you. You go right ahead and cry those happy tears & I will cry with you!

Thank you......I am winning the battle with my body and it feels so darn good. The end of 14 years of h@#l are in my sights. Kick some butt at your doc appt. and let me know if you need more ammo! :)

Well I have encountered a slight downside to this weight loss. My 16's are too big and baggie but I can't button my 14's....another inch on the waist! Thank goodness it's summer time and that I love to wear dresses. So I am now a woman on another mission.....within the next 2 weeks I will (1) see onederland and (2) be rockin' those 14's comfortably!

JoLoMN
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
So I am now a woman on another mission.....within the next 2 weeks I will (1) see onederland and (2) be rockin' those 14's comfortably!

You go girl! :bravo:

JoLoMN
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Just returned from a 4 mile walk. Took a shower and catching up on posts. Decided to take advice from fellow IPers to add a RTD shake after my walk as I was feeling a bit light headed - and that's not common.

Feeling much better now and looking forward to my sweetie grilling steak and asperagus tonight.

Also feeling really good about a 100% OP weekend and looking forward to the structure of the work week.

Remain strong all!

Jo

capricious
08-07-2011, 07:31 PM

Thank! :)
You could try Quinoa flour- still high in cals BUT its great for baking and quinoa is as close to a whole food as you can get for its carb/ protein ratio...

capricious
08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Hello & Happy Sunday all!
Well after catching up on 13 pages worth of posts as I've not had a chance to get on here all weekend there is much to say...
Congrats to Cat on your son's compliment (better late than never)!! And on almost being in Onederland!
To Wuv who is surely rockin her new bathing suit- it's great to go down in sizes- after every weigh in I go to the store just to try things on cause it positively reinforces what the scale is saying!
SoccerMom get your hands on some restricteds! They make a world of difference when you're feeling woozy..
Itsabouttime- Congrats to your little one- that's awesome!- you must be such a proud mama!
I've had a lot of success on this plan and it has provided me with many things
1) A new figure that I love (yay!)
2) Increased self esteem
3) The ability to say 'No'
4) Cognizance of what I am putting into my mouth (rather than mindlessly eating)
5) Improved planning & organizational skills
6) FREEDOM- from carb addiction, from guilt, from self demoralizing thought processes
To all of the newbies who are struggling or suffering and wondering how you are going to make it another day, another week, another month, another three months or five months...
Take it one day at a time and challenge yourself each new day. Today will be the day I... look up a new recipe and make it... try a vegetable I've never tried before... try a spice I've never heard of... make plans with friends to go for a walk or to the park in place of going to a restaurant...
Prepare your food in advance: Cut up bell peppers 3 or 6 at a time and preportion them into ziploc baggies in 2 cup portions. They are sweet, crunchy and delicious and they travel well. Marinate meats in large amounts- then just pull out however much you want to use for your meal as they can stay marinated for up to four days- the longer they marinate the better they taste :)
Rome was not built in a day- your new body won't be either- everytime you say no to a temptation you put a building block into your new body and your ability to maintain it. Learning how to say 'no'- to others and most importantly to yourself is crucial!
Being in ketosis makes it much easier as you're not nearly as tempted- take advantage of it!
Tomorrow is (hopefully) the beginning of phase 3 as I finish up on phase 2... here's hoping all goes well at WI tomorrow...

soccermom9799
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Capricious! I plan on getting some Wednesday at my weigh in. Just hope I make til then!

Busymomx4
08-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Bella, we told you we would get you through this and we have!!!....SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

I have been away all day, had an early start and just getting back now. I had a NSV this morning, I have lost 60lbs but wearing the same clothes they just fit the way they are suppose to fit now. Well this morning I found a pair of shorts in my drawer that was a size 26. I hadn't wore those in like 5-6 years, I said what the **** lets see if they fit. I am thinking to myself they won't fit, last time I couldn't even get them over my hips. So I grabbed them sat on my bed, put one leg in, then the next and pulled them up....past my hips.....onto my waist!!!! AND to top it off I just SNAPPED them I DIDN'T have to pull them together to snap them. THEY FIT!! and are comfortable. When I came out of my room I had this HUGE smile on my face and my youngest son said Mom new shorts? I said yea but no, so he knew what I meant. Later in the day he said Mom I really like that you are losing all of this weight but I will HATE when you have to go get a whole new wardrobe ....lol.....He said you won't know what to do with yourself. I just laughed at him. Its been a great day!

Great NSV, that must've felt so good :)

Busymomx4
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
12 weeks ago when I began researching IP, I never would have thought that after 9.5 weeks into the program I would be able to say that (as of this morning) I am only 1/2 pound away from reaching my 50% goal and 6 pounds away from seeing the 190's. I was able to hold back the tears this morning (barely) but when I see that 199.5........I don't think I will be able to do so.

You're doing awesome... i know that i will probably shed a few tears too when i'm finally in onederland

sandyh50
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM

SWEET!!!!

sandyh50
08-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Hello & Happy Sunday all!
Well after catching up on 13 pages worth of posts as I've not had a chance to get on here all weekend there is much to say...
Congrats to Cat on your son's compliment (better late than never)!! And on almost being in Onederland!
To Wuv who is surely rockin her new bathing suit- it's great to go down in sizes- after every weigh in I go to the store just to try things on cause it positively reinforces what the scale is saying!
SoccerMom get your hands on some restricteds! They make a world of difference when you're feeling woozy..
Itsabouttime- Congrats to your little one- that's awesome!- you must be such a proud mama!
I've had a lot of success on this plan and it has provided me with many things
1) A new figure that I love (yay!)
2) Increased self esteem
3) The ability to say 'No'
4) Cognizance of what I am putting into my mouth (rather than mindlessly eating)
5) Improved planning & organizational skills
6) FREEDOM- from carb addiction, from guilt, from self demoralizing thought processes
To all of the newbies who are struggling or suffering and wondering how you are going to make it another day, another week, another month, another three months or five months...
Take it one day at a time and challenge yourself each new day. Today will be the day I... look up a new recipe and make it... try a vegetable I've never tried before... try a spice I've never heard of... make plans with friends to go for a walk or to the park in place of going to a restaurant...
Prepare your food in advance: Cut up bell peppers 3 or 6 at a time and preportion them into ziploc baggies in 2 cup portions. They are sweet, crunchy and delicious and they travel well. Marinate meats in large amounts- then just pull out however much you want to use for your meal as they can stay marinated for up to four days- the longer they marinate the better they taste :)
Rome was not built in a day- your new body won't be either- everytime you say no to a temptation you put a building block into your new body and your ability to maintain it. Learning how to say 'no'- to others and most importantly to yourself is crucial!
Being in ketosis makes it much easier as you're not nearly as tempted- take advantage of it!
Tomorrow is (hopefully) the beginning of phase 3 as I finish up on phase 2... here's hoping all goes well at WI tomorrow...

GOOD LUCK AT WEIGH IN AND HERE IS TO A GREAT PHASE 3!!!

gettinmygrooveback
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Yeah! Too bad you'll only be rockin it for a short time. Just wait till you see yourself this time next year. :carrot: We got this, darlin'.

Sure hope you were sunning by a refreshing pool. Way too hot! I got my tan on today...pushin the lawnmower.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Happy Sunday all, I found this in an old post and thought this might help someone... thanks

Originally Posted by SuperSweet
Hi New Dieters

I know how hard dieting is and it isn't any easier when you have questions...I hope some of this helps you!

The reason there is such different information from coach to coach is that Ideal Protein is the diet...not the clinic. Each clinic is indepently owned and hires and trains their own staff. Each staff member/coach is trained in the Ideal Protein protocol....but most clinics are Wellness Centers and have staff that understand nutrition and that keeping someone focused and on the IP diet, or any other diet for that matter, is what is the best for the dieter. Rather than to be so strict that the dieter quits due to it being to hard to follow.

Adding in things like diet pop....the diet pop will not effect your weightloss (no calories-no carbs) BUT what it will do is not allow the absorbtion of your supplements. Any diet pop that contains phosphoric acid will play havoc on your body's bicarbonate buffering system...avoid the brown colored pop completely. If you chose to drink any other type of diet pop do so with the understanding that you have to match up equal amounts of water over your daily requirement!!!!!!

Crystal lights are ok to help you consume your water. There is no counter effect to the Ideal Protein protocol for having this.

The Ideal Protein diet is an Alkalined based program and that is why acid's are a no- no! The phosphoric acid is a problem not aspartame.

As for the questions about gum, mints, sugar free jello, chicken broth.... All of these are ok in small amounts. (If you have a piece of SF gum every once in a while it will have no effect on the program...but if you have 5 pieces every day it will....YOU are on a 20-25 carb only intake in phase 1 and all the sweetner packs count as 1 each, the gum counts as 1 each, the IP packs range from 1-to 17 each. Do the math, figure out your day to incorperate what you need but not to exceed the the 20-25 carb max per day!

Cheating only takes you out of the fat burning mode and it can take you up to 3 days to pick that back up....but if you plan to cheat understand your choice and proceed don't be shocked at your weight loss or lack of it, when ready, rededicate yourself and move on!

For all those who have lost a substancial amount of weight 20+ pounds, you must feel better ....this program has so many health benefits that weightloss is not the only thing to improve.

The cost of Ideal Protein...there seems to be a few other products in Canada but my coach explained that is because of IP needing FDA approval to add the other items to the US. The costs for IP are set by Ideal Protein and are comparable to the major low calorie pre packaged food diets. No clinic is allowed to under sell the products. What they can do is decide if they will sell in boxes and/or ind. packs and if they will sell more than the 21 packs need per week.
As for the readymades, I too found them cheaper online...but the readymades are not made by Ideal Protein. As for Lindora ...there products are good but not comparable- they have way more artifical ingredients and higher carbs...but again if you limit your intake to between 20-25 carbs per day they will work....you lose the added health benefits that come along with following the IP protocol as directed but that is a personal choice.

Ideal Protein works and it works fast...if you cheat or substitue other foods you yourself have lengthened the amount of time you are on the program and increased your costs! Be aware of your choices!

Remember this is only temporary you will move through the phases and be able to enjoy everything you miss in due time....Tip: I keep a journal of what I miss and when I am ready I will refer to my ongoing list and decide than if I still want it. (This is not to say I haven't put myself to bed in a bad mood because I wanted pizza)

Water- absolutly the key to moving out all the toxins your body has been holding on too! Drink-Drink-Drink

Salt- (not the white stuiff) You NEED the salt your diet has been stripped of all salt and your body will crave it(headaches,fatigue) Salt your salads, meat and veggies!!!!!!

I have seen so many questions and so many answers ....I have been on the protocol since November I have lost 30+pounds. I feel I can answer from experience and the fact I drive my coach nuts!

Thank you to all who are supportive and proactive with recipes...you may not realize how helpful you are!!!!!

and this from Carla
Also, I can't remember who but someone was talking about sugar alcohols for bars and gum. Please be careful with the use of sugar alcohols. SOME people have the ability to digest them which, if you are very carb intolerant will cause the insulin spike even at a low carb level. Apparently, that and the use of the brown rice and agave syrups in the bars is part of why bars are restricted.

Anyone who is using sugarfree gum might try a tip that was passed down to my coach, RINSE the gum off before you chew it. Apparently, it is coated in a type of a starch that has a carb or two in it and can cause some people to come off ketosis quickly.

I was doing some studying and found that the US allows companies to label products as ZERO carb if the carb level is below .5g and allows them to label as less than 1 carb if it stays .5 to .99 SO, for those counting carbs it might be worth calling zero's .5 carb and less than one carb as 1 if you are using processed foods often.

I learned a hard lesson the other day with the caramel torani syrup and portion. Apparently, less that 1 tbsp is less than 1 carb but more than that becomes a carb and it adds up. I am going to be a little more cautions on how much or that I am using in a week! LOL

Carla

sandyh50
08-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Good post you found 2ROLLERCOAST! Lots of good advice!

I am at day 49 on IP-7 weeks!!! I don't weigh in until Wed. am with a new coach. I'm trying to adapt to my new school schedule! I just didn't want to weigh in the evenings so I will go at 7:15am to weigh, measure, and get products! I hope this works out for me!

With my big loss last week, I am now in my "stall" week. It seems to be a pattern with me, lose 1 week, then stall the next! I am not discouraged because I am getting into smaller clothes, so I know I am losing inches!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

rachelearth
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning.

New daily thread is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/240309-ip-daily-chat-mon-8-8-a.html

whirlybird68
08-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement and good ideas. I am easing back into the program. I had crispy cereal for breakfast, salad with olive oil dressing for lunch. I had a regular dinner with my two teenagers. Things are settling down at home, I hope. I walked 3 miles after dinner. Will try to go 100% op tomorrow. I feel ready after reading all these great posts. Goodnight ladies!