Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #1  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Crystal Light Pure

Has anyone tried this? I have a sensitivity to artificial sweeteners, but my water has been getting boring. I picked up some Crystal Light Pure (30 calories for 1 pouch), and it was surprisingly good! I got the lemonade flavor and added a couple extra tbs of lemon juice to it, I like my lemonade tart. I also picked up some Real Lemon (5 calories, sweetened with Truvia... we'll see how I react to that) and it was good, too. I will still mainly stick with water, but this was a nice break for just a few calories.

PS - I tried just putting lemon in my water and couldn't choke it down. TMI warning, once you throw something up (in this case lemon water) it's really hard to eat that thing ever again.

Last edited by Gale02; 08-04-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure what it is called but at Walmart I get the "Great Value" brand "Crystal Light".. It actually tastes pretty good. You put 2 pouches in a pitcher of water. I think it has 5-30 calories..
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #3  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

After I work out, I drink Special K Pink Lemonade Protein water. I just looked at the ingredients, and it has polydextrose and "non-nutritive sweeteners." Don't know if you'd be sensitive to it or not, but for the same 30 calories you spend on flavoring, you could get 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. I like it because I don't really like to eat after I work out, but I've read a number of places that protein is good to help the muscles recover. Not really ideal, but it's my compromise position. Just a thought.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, the "non-nutritive sweeteners" a.k.a. zero calorie artificial sweeteners are what get me. They're bad news in my system.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Had to laugh at your TMI warning. Water with lemon is one of my favorite things to drink! I bet if you are OK with the Truvia, you could ween yourself down on the amount of sweetener you need to get the lemonade drinkable. Sort of like adjusting to skim milk by switching to lower fat % week by week. Of course, the number of calories in the Truvia you'd save is not worth worrying about! I'll have to look for the Pure version of CL. I'm not sensitive, but I am trying to stay away from the artificial (unnatural) sweeteners. I like CL lemonade and ice tea.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote