Ideal Protein Diet - Tomato basil soup preparation

View Full Version : Tomato basil soup preparation

rainbowmom
08-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Good morning. I officially started IP yesterday and so far, so good. I dug out the tomato basil soup to have for my lunch, but there are no preparation instructions. I don't know how much water to add, how long to heat -- nothing.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks.

YvetteSki
08-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Good morning. My package says 8oz (230ml).

I warmed my up really slow. I found when I warmed it up too quick it ruined the soup and I couldn't eat it. I did buy myself a really little blender as well to make the soups smoother which I found make them creamier as well. Adding lots of veggies into your soup is yummy too.

YvetteSki
08-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I am reposting this, replying to your message as I'm new to this thread posting thing and don't think you'll get my reply the way I initially posted it. Sorry for the duplication.

Good morning. My package says 8oz (230ml).

I warmed my up really slow. I found when I warmed it up too quick it ruined the soup and I couldn't eat it. I did buy myself a really little blender as well to make the soups smoother which I found make them creamier as well. Adding lots of veggies into your soup is yummy too.

Pxlkitty4
08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
8 oz water... cook on 70% power in the microwave for 60 sec. stir. cook another 30 seconds on 70%...

I add apple cider vinegar.

wheekers
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Good morning. I officially started IP yesterday and so far, so good. I dug out the tomato basil soup to have for my lunch, but there are no preparation instructions. I don't know how much water to add, how long to heat -- nothing.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks.

Just want to say good luck. That has to be the nastiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. I couldn't even choke it down.

wheekers
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
The mushroom soup is good

Momto2cs
08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree. The mushroom soup and the broccoli cheese are very good-with added veggies and some herbs or spice. The chicken is ok, but the tomato basil is gross! I will try one more time with acv...

rainbowmom
08-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks. I found the prep instructions in my packet. Oops -- should have looked there first.

I ate it with mushrooms and doctored with lots of spices. Will not be ordering it again. It had a sort of powdery aftertaste to it. But having had breakfast at 5:30 am and only water until lunch at 1:15 pm, I was desperate.

useruser
08-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Just want to say good luck. That has to be the nastiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. I couldn't even choke it down.

Not to get anyone discouraged, but I have to agree. I don't like the Tomato Soup. I do like the Chicken noodle one. I had an opportunity to exchange it but it got too late. I only have 2 or 3 more to drink but I don't think I will be requesting Tomato again. I'm just starting as well...so hopefully the other options are better :-)

jennylauren19
08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
The tomato soup was so gross that I had 3 spoonfuls and actually threw it away. It is by far the grossest IP food packet.