30-Somethings - Approaching Onederland and Beyond. Come Join Us! We did it; you can too!

jendiet
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
This is the new thread for the one formerly "Onederland Hopefuls". We realized getting to onederland was 1 GOAL. It is a great goal, but we are on a journey. Goals are like stepping stones to get across the whole pond. So come join us and reach your stepping stone of onederland, but don't forget to skip well beyond that with us.

Ok, to recap for me: 197.6 clothed with summer stuff. Since the a/c broke and I had to get out of bed for the a/c man, I had to weigh quickly. I will check again at normal time, before I break my fast. Right now i'm chugging COLD water.

dogdaysofdiets
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Howdy! I'm here. Thank you Jen for starting our new thread!

Recap on me...aged 35...started at 217 end of May. Hit 199 in early July. Weighed in today at 188.5. My diet plan is low calorie, low carb and intermittent fasting, with one or two mild off plan meals a week (to keep my metabolism guessing).

ItsMyTurn
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Well wooohoooO! I made the swap! LOL!

Jen - sounds like you had a heck of a night! At least you got a bit of a treat out of it though :)

dogdays - glad to see you made it over! :)

recap: age 36, started end of March at 236, took a break from worrying or doing anything from May 24-July1st cause parents were visiting from other side of the country, then this morning weighed in at 208.8 :) Not touching my "current weight" amount though until my Wednesday weigh in...and my "plan" has been ever changing with constant tweaks, LOL! Essentially I am doing strength training now 3x/wk, cardio 3x/wk with a bunch of extra on weekend, and have a nutritionalist that has basically cut out what I am to eat for me (the plus is: I don't have to think about it..someone else did that part for me, lol).

jendiet
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
heh. we are throwing in our stats? Ok, Jen here, I'm about to be 32 in September. My plan is mostly IF, I try to keep it reasonable, as soon as my body figures out my plan, i have to change it. My favorite cardio. HIIT on a rebounder. Then resistance training with tubing, and good ol planks. My weight loss is SLOOOOOOW. But, 5 lbs really shows on me.

myturn, how is everything going with DD?

dogdays, how low carb are you going? what carbs do you eat?

dogdaysofdiets
08-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm kind of forced to low carb because of my PCOS/insulin resistance. I try to stick to 60 carbs per day and about 1200 calories. If I have a heavy elliptical workout, I'll eat more so I don't go too low. I try to stick with good carbs like veggies, berries and whole grain...but I'll admit to having a good old Skinny Cow ice cream treat now and again. If I do blow out calories for whatever reason (like last Friday), I keep my carb/calorie ratio under 40%.

m3rma1d
08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Herro, here I am in the new thread.

Recap: I started at 285 back in August of 08... Did things here & there half-azzed up and down for almost 3 years, and at 240 on June 13th I started AGAIN ("for realz this time!" haha how many times have you said or heard THAT?) with a goal to hit 199 by Sept 13th. (3 months to lose 41 lbs)

I am now at 214.2.

Today I decided dammit, I am going to have a semi-cheat day. I haven't had one in 3 or 4 weeks. McNuggets are calling my name. Did my resistance bands, taking a day off from walking, but going to play at pinball club tonight. (It's at least slightly physical)... Yay!

gardenermom
08-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm very hopeful!
here's my Intro: I'm 38 and only started seriously trying to lose weight about 6 weeks ago (about 1 year post-partum with baby #3!). My biggest weakness was definitely "snacking" on whatever i could find when i get home from work around 5.30. My solution is to do an exercise DVD (mostly Jillian Michaels) as soon as I get home...by the time i am done i feel like vomiting instead of snacking :)
I've been vegetarian since i was a toddler and have eaten for years along mediterranean-ish principles - very little processed food (apart from the after-work thing, when i will eat anything that is around), lots of veggies and whole grains (but no fish for me), so i am sticking with that and attempting to reduce portion sizes and cut out the snacking. I've lost 7 lb so far, had hoped for more but its better than gaining!

This seems like a really nice thread. Itsmyturn, i hope your DD's surgery went well.

shalyn
08-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Hello!
I'm 34, 2 kids (5 yrs and 10 weeks), started at 219 lbs currently at 209 (I had reached 203 but gained some back..grrr). My first big goal is 175 which I plan to do with mini goals of losing 5 lbs a month (just blogged about it in my 3FC blog!)
I've been trying to do Zumba every other day and it's helped me maintain my current weight. Now to get the food part straight. I'm horrible at calorie counting, I never stick with it. I'm just trying to make sensible decisions which is super hard while being a full time mom! Unfortunately, my downfall is food. All food. I crave it all...pizza, hamburgers, donuts, brownies. When it comes to food, will power is not my strong point.

Itsmyturn - I hope your daughter is ok!

Good luck to everyone!

jendiet
08-05-2011, 02:45 AM
m3, sometimes you just feel like a nugget. I got to have some the other day. Killed the craving, and it's really not to bad of a food.

dogdays, shheeesh. 60 carb. I have that in one snack. I get really mean when I don't have carbs though. I have been so brave as to limit it to 100g before...but I am NO WHERE NEAR that right now. I know about insulin resistance--that is what turned me onto IF.

gardnermom, it sounds like you got healthy eating down, we just got to get less in ya.

shalyn, that is pretty btw, our babies are about the same age. I have an almost 3 month old boy. But I have an older boy too.

well, the scale was cranky, but it cranked out 195.4 as the lowest weight..so I took that one. I barely snacked today, and had an actual 2 meal day today. I feel heavy from the tetrazini though. I didn't get in an actual workout, did a few pushups (mod) but that is it. My friend bailed on our routine today. I need to get to the point, where I do something without her...i'm working on it. I also cleaned the pool for some exercise today too.

dogdaysofdiets
08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Glad to see everyone coming over to the new thread. :cool:

m3 - I'm still amazed at the success you've had since June. It's incredible! You'll be in ONEderland in no time!

gardenermom - no fish for me either! I wish I liked it because it's so lean and carb free. But nope, no fish...I can't stand the smell!

shalyn - congrats on the new baby! I hear you on the food thing. It's taken me a long time to get food willpower. It's what kept me from starting my diet sooner... :o

Jen - it took me a week or so to break my carb addiction. I too got really cranky when I started limiting my carb intake. I started at about 150 carbs and kept lowering from there. And now that I'm at 60 carbs, my mood is happier, I don't crave carbs EVER and I'm far less hungry. And yes, IR and IF seem to benefit one another well, don't they?

187lbs...down 30 as of this morning. Gah!!!!! I'm super psyched.

shalyn
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Jen - Cool...mmy oldest is a girl and the baby is a boy. I see your from SC, so is my husband!

Dogdays - do you limit to 60 carbs a day? Congrats on the new low weight! We started at about the same and I can't wait to get where you are now! How long did that take you?

dogdaysofdiets
08-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I started in late May. I think around 5/22, but then Memorial Day travels (eating out) set me back to my starting weight (I'd only lost a few lbs), so I kind of think of Memorial Day as my true starting point since the scale consistently declined from there. Yes, I try to limit it to 60 carbs/day. But if I'm having an off plan meal, I will go as high as 100. I try to do that once a week so my body doesn't acclimate to the 60 carbs and 1200 calories. My body is super sensitive to metabolic changes and fights me, so it's an ongoing battle, LOL!

m3rma1d
08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Semi-cheat day went well. Those McNuggets and McD's sweet tea were DEEELISH! And I stayed under 1500 cals for the day. (didn't eat all day and just had the nugs & tea for dinner on the way to pinball lol)

Today I am 214.0 YAY! I thought for sure all the sodium and grease would give me a false-gain.

Didn't play very well at pinball last night, but luckily no one else did either so I actually beat a lot of guys at a lot of games. w00t!

shalyn
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Dogdays - Thanks, I'm just starting (attempting) low-carb/counting so any info helps! Unfortunately, my morning iced coffee has about 12 carbs and I have that twice a day...guess I know the 1st thing to go. I'm nursing so I get 1800-2000 calories, yay!

I weighed this morning at 208.8, previously at 209.9 so another yay! Every pound gone makes me smile!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 12:26 PM
dogdays - so glad you were able to figure out what works best for you :) I have been told that condition you have makes the weight loss process so difficult, so admire that you figured out your effective plan of action fairly swiftly :)

Jen - that sounds like a great weigh in! How have you been feeling now?

Shaylyn - Do you zumba at your house? Or with a class? I have been told that was super fun, but not sure where to start, yet due to my schedule most workout activities need to be able to be done at home for me...didn't know if you had a dvd or something that you use? Maybe one you would recommend?

gardenermom - Sounds like you already have a good foundation to begin with nutritionally...what a great thing! Sometimes learning that nutrition portion is a stumbling block for us... and you have that one conquered..how awesome!!!

m3 - I am so glad you enjoyed the semi-cheat/treat day!!!! I had never realized you had a Maine residence in your profile too :) My roots are wayyyyy north of Portland, but still very cool to see!!!!!

DD update: She made it through the surgery, and is home. However it went more than double the time expected due to some unanticipated surprises of the negative form. We are now unsure if it will be effective at all, but I remain hopeful it will. Her cartilage is totally gone, of course we knew the gel packs were already... she totally tore and ripped her damiskus (sp?) and it shattered and had cartilage latch between knee joint and start growing again in lumps (so he removed those) and also her ligament is torn and ripped apart as well. Therefore at this point, she will be total bone on bone. One step at a time right now though. We have the weekend to use the walker half time to try and get her to feel her leg again and the other half to try and get her to walk again...she starts school Monday and refuses to use the walker starting at a new school. I don't blame her. She will see her dr again in a week or so, and then start physical therapy. We will see where that lands us :) She is a trooper though and I am so very proud!!!!

I didn't get a chance to do the gym last night due to the surgery going so much longer, but did repetitively carry DD to the restroom and back throughout the evening and night... so lugging her is good strength training :) Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and care... truly, honestly means a ton to me!

shalyn
08-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Itsmyturn - Yes, I Zumba at home...I'm too self conscious to go to a class. First, I followed a few videos on Youtube (the user name FierceFxFitness title of the video Zumba Fitness Sweat Choreography is the one I did most) to make sure it was something I wanted to stick with and it made me feel fantastic! I was in such a good mood after doing about 30 minutes of it every other day. So I decided to buy it (on ebay). I don't get to do it much right now, but after school starts I'll have more free time. Glad to hear your daughter is fine!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Shalyn - I will so have to check those out :) Thank you so much for letting me know!!!!

dogdaysofdiets
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
ItsMy - thanks for the update on your DD. Glad it's past you, sorry it came with complications. I hope it provided relief, despite the challenges. Sorry to hear she tore her meniscus on top of everything else...ugh. Is knee replacement surgery an option for her down the road?

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
dogdays - Thank you. It tore and dissipated, nonexistant now, along with cartilage and ligament.. all removed. As she is only 15, we are desperately trying to avoid replacement; not just cause she will wear it out too fast, but also cause there is a chance with all her issues (the RA, OA, and osteo-necrosis) that the replacement will be rejected and kicked out and do no benefit. However, this surgery was the last option we had before replacement...and the doctor is thinking it may not work (since she is strictly bone on bone now) but won't know for a couple weeks. We will know more then, but our family always works against the odds, so I take it as a reason to have some faith it will work :) She only had 10% chance of survival at birth and beat it...she had a 15% chance of becoming emotionally normal due to traumatic abuse that occurred and she beat that... for genetic chain, she only had a 13% chance of getting the RA from me, yet she got it and blew it up....since he thinks the odds are against her, I totally think the odds are WITH her, hehehe... weird, but it seems to work for us ;) Thank you for the spelling, I had no clue at all how to spell that: meniscus

jendiet
08-05-2011, 03:14 PM
oh, my turn, it sounds like she tore and ripped her meniscus and she had loose bodies within the joint. Which is very painful. I am praying for a way for doctors to realize how to build up cartilage again. I am praying for a speedy recovery for your girl.

dogdays, I hear ya. I was able to control my carbs at one point to 100, but I don't 60 is going to happen.

shalyn, yy for bf, and yay for weight loss. I like iced coffee too. my morning drink has a teaspoonful of honey--it's a chai tea.

m3, if i plan a splurge, i usually do so by doing the same thing, not eating and then going for it. you basically did an IF.

afm: got a paper due sunday again. I'm sti9ll stressed about my school issue. I wish they would hurry up and get back to me. I weighed in at 196.6 today, but that's ok. I am used to the bounce, as long as I keep trending down. I didn't eat as much as normal yesterday...so I know I didn't actually gain.

jendiet
08-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking I need to post some goals for today:

Start my research for my paper:
Do SOME exercise (with or without my friend):
Keep carbs to 200g today:

m3rma1d
08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
m3 - I am so glad you enjoyed the semi-cheat/treat day!!!! I had never realized you had a Maine residence in your profile too :) My roots are wayyyyy north of Portland, but still very cool to see!!!!!

I grew up in more Northern/rural areas (Oxford/South Paris/Nowray, Poland, Lewiston, Sanford, Skowhegan, and maybe more places I can't think of off the top of my head), but Portland is where I ended up.
Where in Maine are you from?

m3rma1d
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
m3, if i plan a splurge, i usually do so by doing the same thing, not eating and then going for it. you basically did an IF.

I do IF almost every day, I only recently found out there was that actual term for it lol

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Jen - they won't be able to rebuild the cartilage/gel packs/meniscus/etc... we are just hoping for not having to resort to a full knee replacement. If the pain isn't too bad for her, then we can make due and put it off a few years (ideally) :)

m3 - I am even further north, LOL! I was an hour north of Bangor, about 20 minute drive from Baxter State Park/Mt Katahdin :) Back woods, literally. Lived in the same house from age 2-18, then was in the Bangor area about 5-6yrs, then back to my hick town for another 8 yrs... that's where all my family is (or the majority of them anyway)

jendiet
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
I did it I worked out! My baby was screaming, i had to stop in the middle of it to discipline my pre-teen but I did it!!!

I worked out before completely breaking my fast. And I feel wierd. I feel like my head is spinning. Like after you drink coffee.

This is what happens when you take an insulin resistant body, and make it more insulin sensitive by doing strength--and give it sugar...whoooeeeeeee!

myturn, I know they can not build the synovial disc back up, and such. I know about the research with this. I hate it. I am praying though, they find SOME WAY in her lifetime to rebuild it or replace it, to avoid that bone on bone damage. I am truly sorry your daughter has to deal with it.

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Jen - that is so sweet, thank you so much :) We sure do appreciate the care and concern..nice to have support. Came home from work to find her doing well. She is actually able to straighten her leg for the first time in 2 yrs... it's a bit painful, but she is pumped! LOL! It's the little things :)

It sounds like you are flying! LOL!

Have a super evening all!!!!!

m3rma1d
08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Just took a 5.6 mile walk, ahhhh...

dogdaysofdiets
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
I do IF almost every day, I only recently found out there was that actual term for it lol

Me too, LOL! I'd been doing it naturally, following my hunger pains and Jen helped me 'diagnose' it as IF, so now I feel like a veteran, LOL! :D

I did it I worked out! My baby was screaming, i had to stop in the middle of it to discipline my pre-teen but I did it!!!

Never a moment's peace, ehh?! LOL! Glad you got a work out in, despite the kids!

Came home from work to find her doing well. She is actually able to straighten her leg for the first time in 2 yrs... it's a bit painful, but she is pumped! LOL! It's the little things :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Progress!!!!!!!!!!! Baby steps. Baby steps. Tell her to keep up the good work. I'm so proud!!!!! :hug:

m3rma1d
08-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I did it I worked out!

YAY!

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2011, 11:38 PM
m3 - Nice walk! You get some distance :)

dogdays - I will when she wakes again.. she overworked it a bit (has her mother's lack of patience too, lol) and so she is now knocked out with Percocet, lol.

I am back on the wagon fitness-wise! Did double workout on my gym tonight!!!! My youngest DD counted out reps for me :) Now sucking down some water, turning on the pool light, and the two of us are going for a swim!

jendiet
08-06-2011, 03:05 AM
myturn, yay! for progress, lol she pushed a little too hard in her excitement, but i'm glad she could straighten it. yay for a swim. I love to swim. and double yay for a double workout.

m3 awesome walk. I wish i could get that distance--but smaller distances add up.

dogdays, funny thing is my dad followed this lifestyle the majority of the time. he would have a cup of black coffee with milk in the morning, and then around 3pm he would eat a late lunch, followed by a huge dinner. I ate that way most of the time, well, not the coffee, but my meal intake progressed in the day...and I was healthy then.

dogdaysofdiets
08-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Same here Jen...in college, I signed up for 8am classes (only time slot available as a lowly freshman, LOL) and they were a 1 1/2 mile walk from my dorm room, so I had to get up REALLY early. When I wake, I don't feel hungry right away, so I'd head to that early class and then to my next classes and not eat my first meal until I was back to my dorm for lunch. Over time, it morphed into my regular eating habits. Lots of walking to classes on my huge college campus, combined with IF'ing, I lost 40lbs my freshman year.

Well, I think I'm definitely having my 'whoosh' week. I'm down another pound since yesterday. Obviously I didn't have a big enough calorie deficit in one day to make that happen, so I'm pretty sure it's the whoosh I've been waiting on since last week's water retention fun. I'll take it! We're going out for our anniversary tonight (it was yesterday), so I'm not staying on plan for that. Going to my favorite restaurant...and I'm not holding back!!! :cool:

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

ItsMyTurn
08-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Jen - Thank you for all the "yay"s! :)

dogdays - That's great that you are seeing the loss after being so patient! I hope you super enjoy your anniversary time out!!!!!

shalyn
08-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Dogdays- happy anniversary!

I weighed in at 207.6 this morning...that's a pound lost since yesterday!

Today, I'm giving IF a go, only eating noon-8, with the exception of morning coffee and a bottle of water. First meal high protien, low carb and fat.

This is still all pretty new to me so I want to see how my body reacts.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Pickle27
08-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I've just been reading through this thread and wondered if I could join too. Or do I need to be closer to Onederland? I'm 31 and my starting weight on Monday was 16stone 2lbs which, if I've done my maths correctly, is 226lbs. I had a sneaky step on the scales today and looks like I've lost 2.5lbs so far.

I have a quick question! What's IF and how does it work?

Thanks
:)

shalyn
08-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome Pickle! IF is intermittent fasting (spelling could be wrong). Theres a few ways to do it. I'm experimenting with not eating between the hours of 8pm and noon (the next day). That way the majority of your fasting is done while your sleeping. I will only eat between noon and 8pm, and try to do low carb, high protien foods while maintaining a 1800 - 2000 calorie intake (high # because I'm nursing). There's a ton of info online about it and may even be a thread about it on here.

No reason to sneak on the scale! I weigh myself twice a day to learn how my body reacts to food and activities. Everyone is different so do what's best for you! Congrats on the loss and good luck!

Has anyone tried the low carb Slim Fast drinks? It looks like they're low in fat, calories, sodium and carbs! There must be a downfall...do they taste like poop?!

m3rma1d
08-06-2011, 04:49 PM
ARRRRGH I am stalling bigtime... I've only lost .6lbs so far this week, and Monday is my "official" weigh day. It's really p!ssing me off!!
I better go walk.

missjkd
08-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I was 211 when I weighed myself this morning. I hope to get to onderland by the end of the month. I am leaving for a beach vacation on Friday for 10 days. It is going to be a long drive from Ohio to Florida, I hope I can stay on track.

LGW
08-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Checking in at 216.8 today -- start weight 238 on 5/15
I am a onederland hopeful and I will watch this thread from the sidelines until I finally enter...:)

dogdaysofdiets
08-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi,

I've just been reading through this thread and wondered if I could join too. Or do I need to be closer to Onederland? I'm 31 and my starting weight on Monday was 16stone 2lbs which, if I've done my maths correctly, is 226lbs. I had a sneaky step on the scales today and looks like I've lost 2.5lbs so far.

I have a quick question! What's IF and how does it work?

Thanks
:)

Welcome Pickle! Of course you can join!! The more the merrier in my book! Great job on your 2.5lb progress since Monday - that's terrific!! :) What's your game plan? Are you following a specific diet regimen or something more homegrown?

Has anyone tried the low carb Slim Fast drinks? It looks like they're low in fat, calories, sodium and carbs! There must be a downfall...do they taste like poop?!

Good luck with your IF'ing. I hope you have positive results and find it to be as easy as I do. No, I haven't tried any of the low carb Slim Fast drinks but the reviews look very favorable on amazon.

ARRRRGH I am stalling bigtime... I've only lost .6lbs so far this week, and Monday is my "official" weigh day. It's really p!ssing me off!!
I better go walk.

M3 - I know this frustration all too well. I'm sorry you're dealing with it, and it's so frustrating, but stick to plan and it will come off. You probably lost more than .6lbs this week, but perhaps you're retaining fluid that's counteracting it. Hang in there!

I was 211 when I weighed myself this morning. I hope to get to onderland by the end of the month. I am leaving for a beach vacation on Friday for 10 days. It is going to be a long drive from Ohio to Florida, I hope I can stay on track.

You can do it! I hope you enjoy your vacation in Florida!!

Checking in at 216.8 today -- start weight 238 on 5/15
I am a onederland hopeful and I will watch this thread from the sidelines until I finally enter...:)

Please don't watch from the sidelines!! This thread is for hopefuls AND those who've entered. We have folks all over the map...all with the same goal...to get there, stay there and support one another. Please join us and share your journey so we can cheer you on. :cheer:

Update on me - anniversary dinner was wonderful, as usual. There is literally nothing you can order that won't be fabulous at that restaurant. We only go once a year for our anniversary because it's quite pricey and I'm usually too cheap to spend that much on a single meal, LOL, but it was worth it. I didn't gorge, only ate half my meal, but I wasn't able to count calories or carbs with it, so I have NO idea how much I ate. Oh well. DH & I hit the bike trails after dinner and rode about 5 miles. Not as long as I wanted to, but the sky was a bit threatening and I was still really full from dinner...that fullness lingered for a long time. DH is a 25+ mile mountain biker and I'm...well...NOT. Ha! He was still supportive and nearly as sweaty as I was, so it must have been somewhat of a decent workout for him too. It did feel good to ride off some of that dinner and I'm down .2lbs this morning, so I feel happy that I didn't gain (yet!) from my big meal. ;) Today will be a busy day with back to school haircuts and clothes shopping for the girls. Will be back on my eating plan today for sure!

shalyn
08-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Dogdays - with IF'ing, do you consume liquids during fasting? If so, what kind do you think are acceptable? I bought low carb Atkins shakes (2g carbs + 15g protien each!). I thought if I drink that when I wake up, that would keep me from cheating since I'm used to eating right when I wake up. I assume coffee and water would be ok, too.

Down another pound since yesterday to 206.2!

I was watching an infomercial with Dr. Furhman selling 3 Steps to Incredible Health. He said something motivational: you say you CAN'T lose weight? Instead say you can't live with the negative affects of being overweight. Say I CAN'T have a heart attack, say I CAN'T have bypass surgery, say you CAN'T live like THAT!

I thought that was worth sharing.

dogdaysofdiets
08-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Shalyn - I only drink water or unsweetened iced tea during my fast time (I'm not a coffee drinker). I think the goal is to stick with liquids that don't impact the metabolic process. You could certainly try the morning protein drinks as a modified IF plan and see if it works for you, but it may impact some of the benefits of the true IF experience, although everyone seems to implement an IF plan that's different, so who knows! But then again, if you're finding IF to be too restrictive to acclimate to, doing a morning protein drink would be an excellent low carb, high protein option as your breakfast (reminiscent of the Ideal Protein plan that many folks find successful). Sorry!! I wish I could be more help - hopefully Jen will pop in and share her thoughts as she's far more versed in the subject than I am. :)

Yay for dropping another pound Shalyn!!!!!! You are moving along nicely - you must feel great.

ItsMy - how's our favorite knee patient doing? I'm sure you've had a long, challenging weekend but I wanted to let you know I've been thinking of her and your family. I hope she's resting comfortably and not ringing her "nurse mom" call bell too frequently for you, LOL! :D

chickadee32
08-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi, all. I'm 33, and started my weight loss journey in mid-January at my highest ever weight of 280 lbs. I have been a calorie counter from the start, eating 1200-1500 cal/day plus moderate exercise 5-6 days/week. I passed the onederland mark a few weeks ago while recovering from abdominal surgery (had a laparatomy on 6/30), but after the initial post-surgery drops the weight has been coming off very slowly. I think it's mostly due to the lack of exercise (I've only been allowed light walking for the past 8 weeks), but I am hoping to get the OK from my doc to return to regular exercise (and faster weight loss!) this week. The next goal I've got my sights set on is 100 lbs lost, and I am really hoping to hit that by the end of September!

shalyn
08-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Dogdays - thanks for the info! I read in another thread that during fasting time you should comsume 50 calories or less. The Atkins shake has about 150. I think I might stick with that for a while until my body and mind adjust to the IF lifestyle.

Jen - if you have any advice, I'll take it!

chickadee - you have lost an impressive amount of weight and you're so close to -100! Good luck!

Today was a kids birthday party day which means junk food. I was able to resist the hot dogs and nachos but I did eat a cupcake minus the icing and a very tiny piece of the cake. I also had a piece of coconut cake at home. Before all that crap, I had a salad with grilled chicken and yogurt. And coffee, lots of coffee and water. I also had to extend my eating window to 8:30 (to eat a small amount of sausage and an even smaller amount of roasted garlic mashed potatos) otherwise I would have been starving until breaking the fast tomorrow. Believe it or not, I did manage to stay at around 100g carbs which is my current goal. I've also upped my protien a lot but haven't calculated exactly how much of that I'm consuming a day. I just know that it wasn't enough.

Sounds like a lot of bad food but my portions are smaller than they used to be and I'm not depriving myself of foods I want and setting myself up for failure with inevitable binging. I'll improve as I go. So not a bad day, in my book.

jendiet
08-08-2011, 03:35 AM
hey ladies. I saw we have a few newbies. I have been working on my paper today and so so so busy. I got it turned in by the skin of my teeth--2 minutes to spare...agggh crazy.

shalyn, the only advice i have right now is to find what works for you. The leangains advocate of IF recommends no more than 50 calories. I drink chai tea with a tsp of honey and a tsp of milk, and I feel no different than when I don't have it at all..except for a little light headedness occasionally. I feel energized when I drink the tea and when I don't though...so I can feel the IF difference. Congrats on the lb down. I usually don't pay attention to my post fast meal. sounds bad, but I know there is not much damage I can do. I have eaten atrociously and galliantly after a fast, and still saw weight loss. I think it is because I am a interval eater. atrocious-galliant-galliant-galliant-atrocious. This is just like calorie cycling. I refuse to eat the same number every day.

myturn, i agree how is the knee patient? how are the workouts coming--i know you are a little more busier now. ever recuperate from the dd carrying?

LGW, no sideline watching for you. we want to encourage and support you NOW.

welcome chickadee, your progress is impressive!

dogdays, happy anniversary and i'm so glad you enjoyed your meal. I like it that you guys immediately jumped on bikes together. wow. who does that??? HEALTHY PEOPLE!

Welcome Jkd, i hope your trip is fun. I have travelled 1000 miles before and I hope you don't have a hard time with it.

welcome pickle, and i agree, the scale is only a tool. Sometimes we hate that tool, but it is a good analysis of what we are gaining or losing with our choices but also with typical body responses to food and circumstances. If you learn your own fluctuations you won't be put off when you see them occuring day by day. yay for -2.5

m3, is it you I have to KEEP reminding. When our fat cells shrink, water fills in the spaces, so you will have adequate water retention while your body learns it's new size. Then, your body figures it out, adapts your skin (some better than others--why hydration is so important for elasticity--and you WHOOSH and shrink accordingly. So don't hate the stall!

speaking of atrocious eatin! yesterday I ate three--yes THREE sonic jr. deluxe burgers, and 1/3 of a banana split. I got home and we had no food really.So I ate ramen with eggs mixed in. I actually dropped 2 pounds on the scale. go figure. Today's weigh in was 194.2! NEW LOW. I did shop for like 5 hours yesterday without eating at all, i had one cup of chai tea before I left...and that was it.

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 07:34 AM
dogdays & Jen - I wanted to check in real quick (will take more time to write and catch up when I get to work), but Amber is doing alright. She is not as strong as we wished for school so will be staying home and working that knee, BUT... she has more range of motion now than she has in over a year and a half! She is fighting through and working hard, but being smart enough to know when to stop... I am VERY proud of how she is handling. And Jen...all the ruckus has not prevented my workouts, yay! Saturday I went biking with my youngest and then later that day took the dog for a jog... the child AND the dog both quit before mommy :) :P Then last night I beat my all time "best" on the elliptical... so feeling pretty accomplished. My apologies for not reading and commenting everything yet.. short on time... I will real soon though!

m3rma1d
08-08-2011, 10:27 AM
212.4... only 1.8lbs down since last Monday. Boooo!

Got a new workout vid that I tried yesterday, hoping adding that in with the walking and resistance bands will get things moving down again.

Hey, anyone on this thread hang out on facebook? Add me! (leave a note saying you're from 3FC) http://www.facebook.com/m3rma1d

Pickle27
08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry for lack of personals but just checking in before giving the boys their tea!

Just wanted to shout from the roof tops that I lost 3.5lbs this week :carrot::D:woohoo:

Back later for a proper post :D

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
m3 - 1.8 is a great loss!!!! Jump for joy girl, cause that is closer you have gotten to your goal!

Pickle - 3.5 is amazing! I would be shouting too! Heck, to get a full pound again would make shout, LOL!

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome to all the new ones!

Shalyn - Congrats on the loss! YAY! :)

LGW - Jump right in! No sidelines! As you can see from my weight, I am not there yet either... but this is a great crew!!! They are all inclusive...those of us who WANT the Onederlands...those who have reached Onederlands... those that hover the onederlands.... it's great :)

dogdays - Sooo glad you enjoyed the anniversary dinner! I am also so glad you got on the bike at all, lol... with a full belly I don't do much of anything, just lounge :) Way to go!!!!

Jen - way to go on your loss! You totally confused your body :) What a way to do it! LOL

m3rma1d
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
So... Anyone know how often I should do my workout DVD?
My current routine is that I walk about 4-5 miles almost every day, and do resistance bands every other day for a 1/2 hour...

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 04:24 PM
If it's cardio, then anytime... but if it's strength training (not sure which it is), then remember you should take a rest day per set of muscles... if you work arms, take a day off... legs same thing :) To my knowledge, only restrictions there really is to physical activity to make a difference... well, that and... don't do it so often you burn out or just get tired of it :D Hope that helps !

m3rma1d
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
It's cardio... I think I wanna try 2-3x a week and then increase as I stall again, see if that works for a while.

ItsMyTurn
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
m3 - you are doing fantastic! Mixing it up a bit with the DVD is sure to help you... but remember, your bigger numbers that you may be used to, may slow a bit since you have had such a significant loss already. 1.8Lbs that you have lost truly is good... please don't let that frustrate you ;) By the way... a side note: Kudos on all that distance you walk! I saw you on the walkers thread in exercise too...it's super to see you pushing your body into a healthier place :) Isn't it wonderful when you feel your endurance building as well as the reshaping that happens?! Be proud of your accomplishments, cause there are plenty for you to be proud of :)
~Star~

m3rma1d
08-08-2011, 07:26 PM
My goal is 199 by September 13th. I'm not throwing in the towel on that dream yet!

jendiet
08-09-2011, 02:43 AM
myturn, wow you out activitied the dog? lol. yeah, i guess confusing my body is the way to go. I did super sucky today. just had a stressful day. If I clean it up a little and have a real meal, my calories and carbs should be lower.

m3, remember to see results, you must push past where you were. I think your resistance training is the key for you. You can do cardio every day. I am a huge proponent of intervals though. Push yourself to the max, and then come down a little, then push yourself again. keep doing those. You will see that you can do longer and longer intervals of intense training. Remember healthy weight loss is about 2 lb per week. so you are right on track.

I jogged for 22 minutes yesterday, I also did a lot of furniture moving type stuff, and today i did alot of cleaning, and alot of sleeping, plus 2 hours of shopping.

hopefully tomorrow i can get my cardio and some light resistance done. I bounced back up to 195.2.

I really need to go to sleep, but am WIDE AWAKE. I used to take melatonin to help me sleep. the only thing that works. I can't take it now. I really need it though.

I will talk to you ladies more tomorrow.

ItsMyTurn
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
m3 - There is a world of time between now and Sept 13! You have so got this!

Jen - Can I ask why you can't take Melatonin anymore? I was put on it for sleeping. Sounds like you have been super active! Moving furniture is the best homemade strength training! :D

AFM - Last night after a crap day at work (systems down and making WAY harder work for us), ran an errand, then got home and found ways to let out that pent up frustration :) Kidnapped my hubster and my son for a bike ride. Got home from that and had a salad to refuel, then upstairs for my gym workout...I showed that gym whose boss (and my muscles are hating me for it, lol!!!) But felt soooo much better afterward! :D

m3rma1d
08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
m3 - There is a world of time between now and Sept 13! You have so got this!

5 weeks doesn't feel like very long right now to me lol :dizzy:

ItsMyTurn
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM
It is plenty of time and I have no doubt you will reach it! You have had all steady losses, and then once you mix it up with the DVD you started, that will give ya a big week somewhere in there too (maybe not til week 4, but it will come). I love how you keep getting yourself moving :) Keep progressing (cause that is the key) and you will reach that goal, I have no doubt! ;)

m3rma1d
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks, ItsMyTurn. :)

And if nothing else, I have pretty nails. Got them redone today. And also got my eyebrows waxed for the first time--YOW! But they look nice. :p

ItsMyTurn
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
m3 - That's awesome! Little things like that can really make a person feel good about themselves :) I do my nails every few weeks (do my own though) and never had brows waxed, I always pluck :D I would love to have someone else pamper me though!!! That sounds like such a treat!

m3rma1d
08-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I would highly recommend getting your brows waxed, so much less pain and time than tweezing! It was only $8 where I went.. Dunno what prices are elsewhere.

jendiet
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
m3, i have to have mine waxed every 2 weeks. The oriental lady that does them always says "you no come long time". she motions at the bushiness of them. nope me no come in long time. I do not get my nails done. no sense in it. I do my own toenails, and would love to have a pedicure one day. Today I am eating more clean foods. I saw 194.8 on the scale today, so maybe the 194s will stick around. my body is changing great though.

1 month progress but only -5 lbs.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011004.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/weightloss2011aug.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011002-1.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011aug-2008.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011003-1.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/WEIGHTLOSS2011aug-2009.jpg

myturn, you deserve to have a pamper session yourself.

m3rma1d
08-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I do my own toenails, and would love to have a pedicure one day.

I just got my first pedi a little less than a month ago and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! Soooooo soothing and nice. You get a little foot and lower leg massage and feel like a princess!

PS: Looking AWESOME in yer pics!!

LGW
08-10-2011, 01:45 AM
jendiet: definitely see a difference....keep it up :)

jendiet
08-10-2011, 03:33 AM
thanks LGW and m3. pics really motivate me. more than the scale.

m3, I sit and get my eyebrows waxed and watch the pedicures...I think one day I will do that for myself. lol. still haven't done it, but I know I will--one day.

shalyn
08-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Jen- thanks for the info. I decided to stick to only water, coffee and tea during my fast. I guess if Im ravenously hungry during the fast, the Atkins shake would be the way to go. I wonder if celery is ok? It would stay within the -50 calories.

Great progress pics..definitely noticable!

m3rma1d
08-10-2011, 10:29 AM
MAJOR WHOOSH on the scale today, I actually said "WOAH" out loud! (I live alone, my cats prolly looked at me funny)
I stepped on and off SEVERAL times to make sure hahaha
w00t w00t!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Jen - I sooo wish I could view your pics, but they are blocked at work..dang it. Will have to look when I get home tonight! :)

m3 - Look at you go!!! What a great feeling to start your day!

On my end, I started my TOM and it's weigh in day. On top of all the other reasons I didn't expect the scale to move, add one more..... but... it feels so good to be wrong sometimes! Check out the ticker! I have been happy dancing all morning. Not much drop, granted, but I will take anything in the loss department! Oh! Then I try on this pair of jeans I have not worn in eons... and back when I first bought them, I had a bit of a muffin top above the waist and would wear a loose shirt to hide it....not today! Not only do they fit, but my shirt is tucked in! So the nutrition is definitely helping with the weight thing, but the strength training and fitness stuff is obviously having an effect too!

m3rma1d
08-10-2011, 11:54 AM
YAY ItsMyTurn!! I'm gonna go look at jeans today...

ItsMyTurn
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
m3 - good luck finding some that you LOVE :) I had bought a pair intentionally that is too small too.. I have those on the wall in front of my elliptical, LOL! Instant motivation :D I work in a corporate setting, but until September, they are allowing business casual dress right now... so getting use out of my jeans :)

m3rma1d
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Well I fit into a pair of 14s the other day, but they have that "Tummy control" crap in the front, which just made all my fat squeeze outta the top like a stomped on tube of toothpaste.

I'm not being dramatic, I have photographic evidence:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281584_1886181282062_1467306571_31550824_1769912_n .jpg

So I'm thinking if I can find some 14s without that "help" of "tummy control", then maybe they won't do that. (who thought this "Tummy Control" thing up anyways? It does the OPPOSITE!)

jendiet
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
myturn, since I am in my skivvies, prolly (took from m3) good that you didn't view them at work. Major congrats on the scale btw! I love your inspiration idea. oh yeah congrats on your NSV too! seeing clothes fit better is a huge inspiration.

m3--wow girl, you are rocking it! I love the expression on your face. I have pants like that too--they are called maternity--lol. my maternity pants have the band that squishes everything up when you are not preggo. heh. that is what my maternity 10s look like on me. oh yeah your nails do LOOK PRETTY.

shalyn, celery should be ok. For me, I am less likely to try to eat if I don't eat ANYTHING. including low cal things. another reason, fasting gives digestion a break, but eating veggies would start that back up again. So, it's better to let your body handle other things while you fast, understand?

well, i woke up in a mood because I am still stressed about my school stuff, and kinda disheartened too. But the scale gave 194.0 which is a new low. Of course i expect to bounce. But, seeing a new low makes me very happy. I also TRIED to go to bed at a decent hour--10:30pm. SO woke me up at 2:30 am though...and I drank some sleepy tea, and then realized my antivirus on my computer stopped working. So I sat pissed off working on the computer from 3:00 am to 4:30 am. Finally got back in bed. slept too late again. I hope I try to go to bed early again.

Pickle27
08-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Jendiet, I can definitely see a difference in your photos! Well done :D

M3, your expression in that photo is a picture :) And I agree, it's not what I'd expect from tummy control! The opposite in fact! Well done on your weight loss too :)

Itsmyturn, congrats on your weight loss too:)X

AFM, I've had a good couple of days. I've spent all day at the beach with my boys and I've done a Zumba class this evening so I feel like I've had a nice relaxing day. I'm working the next 2 days so fingers x'd I'll stay in control of my eating habits :)

ItsMyTurn
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
m3 - that is hilarious! Now here's the thing... the manufacturer would say the tummy control is working because "where the pants are, there is no bulge", LMBO!!! I told my hubster that I refuse to buy those too, because the makers do not realize it has a "half-rolled-dough" effect... if you run a rolling pin acrossed only HALF the dough, the other half gets the "extra", LOL! (which is the essential effect of tummy control). LOVE the facial expression too! I cracked UP!

Jen - Good to know, LOL! I cracked up reading that too! People are going to think I went looney cause I keep cracking up with no one in my vicinity, LOL!!!! Congrats on your new low! That's great! Sorry to hear you are stressed though

Pickle - A day at the beach sounds fabulous! Hope you enjoyed your zumba class, and good luck with the eating habits with the work schedule :) You can do it!!!!

jendiet
08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
wow ladies. I just knew it. I weighed at my normal time and 193.4! so happy. It's weird cuz I feel different when my body is using my fluff for fuel. I feel energized and almost hyper in my brain--if that makes sense? I have to check, but i think with that weight I can move my ticker again.

pickle, it sounds like you have had tons of fun...great job on exercising on vacation too.

ItsMyTurn
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Jen - Way to go!!! :carrot::cb::dance::cheer::yay: You ae cruisin' now!!! :moped::broc::cheer3::woohoo:

m3rma1d
08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Jen!!! KICK AZZ!!!

jendiet
08-11-2011, 05:42 PM
hey ladies how are you doing. can't move my ticker just yet. Today's weight was 194.8--I swear I hate the bounce.

I did get some sleep last night, i took one tylenol pm and it worked.

I broke my fast with some oat bran with hazelnut creamer in it. yum. I also bought some ezekiel 4:9 cereal with sprouted grains. I am trying to move towards more nutritionally dense carbs. I need to eat oatmeal and barley because it helps with my breastmilk.

m3rma1d
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Today I hit 210.0, meaning exactly 30lbs down in about 8 & 1/2 weeks.
Got a 6 mile walk in, and now I'm getting ready for PINBALL NIGHT!
Tomorrow I'm hoping to go visit my Grammy if I can get a ride. She's prolly baking a buncha things in anticipation of a possible visit from me--EEP!
But she knows I've been working hard, and I am making her proud.

jendiet
08-12-2011, 01:15 AM
yay m3, i wish I had -30 under my belt. so proud of you. enjoy grammy's goodies, then get back on track, that is what I would do. Have fun at pinball!

well, i had a good day. My friend and I did a Gold's Gym workout. I am tired, but still not in bed. I am going to take a tylenol pm again so I can get some sleep.

m3rma1d
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
209.6 this morning... HOLY FRIJOLES!
Just 10 little stupid lbs to ONEderland!!! :o

Pinball was fun last night, I brought my best girlfriend who had never been before. We had a blast, of course! :dizzy:

Off to see Grammy now.. YAY! :hug: I am probably 40lbs lighter than the last time she saw me a year ago. I hope she sees a difference! But if she doesn't, I'll just chalk it up to her being old, that way I won't be devastated LOL

ItsMyTurn
08-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Jen - I am glad you found a trick to helping you sleep. Something had to "give" way on that. I am glad you have someone who will workout with you, that must make it so much more fun...time passing easier and all :)

m3 - Way to go!!!! :carrot: The poundage is just dropping off you girl!!! So glad you enjoyed your time out! Have fun at your grandmother's place, and remember... you can't hold it against her, it's a grammie's job to feed the grandkids, LOL!!!!

No biking for me last night cause I was able to catch my parents on SKYPE - getting a chance to finally talk to them (we never go this long!) was soooo worth the sacrifice! I had only spoken to my mom once in 3 weeks and hadn't caught up with dad in over a month...my schedule has not been conducive to their 3 hr time difference and making it work.. we are used to calling/talking 3x/wk..this has been so hard. Once we done with SKYPE, mom ended up calling me on the phone, said she didn't have enough time yet, LOL! I did get on the elliptical, but since it was dark out before we were off phone, the bike didn't happen. :D

m3rma1d
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Great time at Grammy's today. No baked goods, but instead we picked blackberries & blueberries in her backyard. OMG YUM!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/224594_2295042141409_1409733153_2757125_1655732_n. jpg
blueberries

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267339_2295143823951_1409733153_2757340_282929_n.j pg
about 1/10th of the blackberry shrub area

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262969_2294914858227_1409733153_2756864_5827244_n. jpg
Grammy doing what grandmothers do: Fixin' to feed me!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224547_2295481632396_1409733153_2757677_1415391_n. jpg
Me and Grammy :)

ItsMyTurn
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
m3 - I simply LOVE the picture of you and your grammy! It's always so nice to see pictures of family having happy times! Thank you for sharing! Also.. big kudos to grammy for not having a ton of baked goods!!!!!

dogdaysofdiets
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Gah!!!! I can't believe how much I missed this week. Just catching up. I had to go out of town (suddenly) to help my Dad make some decisions about my very elderly grandmother. She's doing fine physically, but not mentally...aging is so tough. My father needed my support and I feel fortunate that I was able to be there for him. Very very long week.

Look at all the progress you chickies have made this week!!!!!!! It would take me too long to address individually, so I'm going to slack off and just offer up one great big YAY!!!! Love, love, LOVE it.

Even with my trip out of town, I was able to stick mostly to plan - stuck to the IF'ing and held my carbs under 100...above my normal 60, but we were eating out, so it was a bit challenging. But I got home from the airport at 2am this morning, slept for 4 hours (had to go into the office early...lucky me) and weighed myself. New low!! I was a bit surprised because I had no time to work out while we were there, so I fully anticipated the scale would be unforgiving to me this morning...glad to be proven wrong, LOL!

dogdaysofdiets
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Did want to comment on a few specifics...

Jen - I see a HUGE HUGE difference in the latest pics. You're thinning out all over - your mid section, your face, etc. Keep up the good work!!!

M3 - thank you for sharing your visit with your grandmother. She's beautiful and it looks like she cherishes you. Hold onto those memories for a lifetime. :hug:

M3 & ItsMy - congrats on moving into the final stretch toward ONEderland! Your progress is fabulous!!!!!

jendiet
08-12-2011, 11:55 PM
m3 and itsmy, you are about into wonderland! woot. I have a feeling you two will go speeding past me. I am so excited for you both.

m3, wow what a wonderful trip to have. I never had a grandmother, and yours looks like she would be up my alley with the natural foods. was she going to bake with them? your hair is so pretty.

my turn, i miss both my parents. I miss my dad, he passed. I miss my mom, it's so hard to get a hold of her and we are seperated by a 1000 mile gap.

well, the tylenol pm put me to sleep too much. 4pm. I woke up. amazingly i am getting sleepy again. I decided to do some ddr for a workout while I was fasting, I didn't end up eating until 9:30 pm today. I wanted to go lower carbs, but my cravings got the best of me. I was 194.0 today. We did a killer resistance tubing workout the day before, and I was expecting to be much more sore today, still hasn't hit though.

dogdays thanks for the encouragement. I am still at war with the scale vs. my inches lost. I don't understand why it's not showing up on the scale like it is in the pic. I am so sorry about your grandmother's mental decline. I am so scared my mom will start to do that. Good job on sticking to your diet out of town, and coming back to a lower number.

jendiet
08-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I need some goals today.

goal 1: No more than 200 carbs today.(we'll see). done. 150.goal 2: work out for at least 10 minutes in a fasted state. done 15 min dance on rebounder.
goal 3: start to work on analysis paper.
goal 4: clean my bedroom and the kitchen. done 1530 pm

today the scale showed 193.6 before I broke my fast.yay.I was hoping I would see the 193s again.

ItsMyTurn
08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
dogdays - Sorry to hear of the mental status of your grandmother. I am so glad you were able to be there for your father. We had to go through all that with DH mother (he was a later-in-life baby) for about 2 yrs before her passing this May... so hard cause even she knew it was happening. I am so glad to hear of your new low though!!! Can't beat that! Even with all the things going on, you were able to keep up the great work on YOU!!!!! YAY!

Jen - it sure sounds like you are at war with your dang body right now... that has got to be frustrating. Is it effecting your nursing? Or is that on track now? That's great to be setting the goals for today to give you something to push at though :) Keep it up and know you are doing fabulous!

dogdays and jen - Thank you so much for the encouragement. It seems I am working super hard to accomplish the ONEderland happiness :) It will come... unofficially (cause sometimes I just can't help myself) I got on scale today and saw 206.6... but since it's not Wednesday, I refuse to record it... TOM is still here for me and who knows, it could go down further by then :D

It's super muggy and humid out along with having temps well over 100 today... so looking like all the workout type activities (other than the pool) will be done inside with my a/c keeping it at a comfortable 86 today :) Hopefully will be able to still keep my motivation even though I don't get to breathe in real "air" so to speak :)

jendiet
08-14-2011, 03:39 AM
well, got 3 out of 4 goals down. I worked out by myself, but my 9 pm was tied up with my other neighbor. I actually fell asleep early, but got awaken at 3 am. So now I'm wide a$$ awake. I even took 1/2 of a tylenol pm to go to sleep. darn it.

my turn, my breast supply is actual doing alot better. I started eating oats every day. Well, that is the reason to feed dairy cows oats. lol. I'm sorry its so hot. It even sounds hot in your house. Awesome on the 206!

I'm so excited to move my ticker tomorrow. It's going to be 194 unless I really blew it today, and i didn't. I am getting really excited, I might start doing some super low carb days alternating with higher carbs, but i'm not giving up IF yet. If it works, I will stick to it.

ItsMyTurn
08-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Jen - 3 out of 4 goals is great :) Sorry to hear about the sleep though. I am s glad the oats are doing the trick for you!!! One less worry :) I can't wait to see your ticker move again!!!!! You have been so consistent with the loss (even if you don't feel it sometimes), and that is surely the way to be!

jendiet
08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
well today is a blah day. I fell asleep again after I took 1/2 a melatonin. I read online it is safe under 3 mg to take while breastfeeding.

I want to cook some shish kabobs, and corn and potatoes. sounds carby huh?

my weigh in is not looking great, which makes me say a big what the heck? I ate LOW carbs yesterday, I worked out, and the scale had the nerve to show 196 when I first got up. Of course it is not time to weigh yet. I eat really late, and I did not sleep. so I will weigh at regular time and see what that says. Regardless it is time to move my ticker.

jendiet
08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
omg, great weigh in. I have been so busy cooking. I haven't broke my fast yet. Well, the scale said 192.6! NEW LOW! HAPPY DANCE.

i have to go finish cooking, but not before I update my ticker.

dogdaysofdiets
08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Jen - great job with your goals yesterday! Sorry you're having a rough day today with your scale. :mad: Weight fluctuations are so dang annoying. Glad to hear your milk supply is improving for you!! That must be a relief!!

ItsMy - I always thought AZ was hot and dry...surprised to hear you referring to humidity. The heat and humidity combo is awful. We get a good dose of that every summer and it's brutal...drives the heat index right up and makes me retain ridiculous amounts of fluid, especially in my hands for some reason. :?:

I've had a pretty good weekend - keeping on plan and catching up with workouts. My weight didn't move this morning, but it did hold at 185.2, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you for your support about my grandmother. It will be a long road and we have a lot of decisions to make. From what I gather, when my grandmother was young, people didn't as commonly make end of life plans like we do now (wills, power of attorneys, assisted living savings and preferences, etc), so it's a bit daunting to now have to make those decisions on her behalf with limited input from her. We'll get through it and find our new routines, I'm sure.

dogdaysofdiets
08-14-2011, 06:35 PM
omg, great weigh in. I have been so busy cooking. I haven't broke my fast yet. Well, the scale said 192.6! NEW LOW! HAPPY DANCE.

i have to go finish cooking, but not before I update my ticker.

I was typing as you posted this. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

You are cruising!!!!!!

m3rma1d
08-14-2011, 06:54 PM
YAY JEN!

DogDays--Better to stay still than move sometimes! It'll move soon (the right direction, of course) and you'll be happy!

jendiet
08-14-2011, 08:12 PM
dogdays, don't worry about the scale not moving, at least it didnt go up. You are having tremendous progress, plus we don't want to lose too fast, we don't want flab!
I never had to deal with a grandparent dying until just recently and it was my so's grandmother. She died right after the baby was born. I was so sad. I was getting used to my son and I having grandparent like figures in our lives...and then she died. Thankfully his other grandma and grandpa are still alive. We try to go see them as much as possible, but I MISS MY MOTHER terribly. I want to be able to do nice things for her. I miss brushing her hair, and doing her nails. I miss hugging her. I miss her so terribly. I hate it that since I have left, she has had aggressive arthritis, and she is in pain so much, and I can't be there to help her. But I know my life is full enough.

I am trying to ask some of the people at the local airport (small) if they wouldn't mind flying to Oklahoma my two sons and I for a couple hundred bucks. to see her everything else is so expensive! And driving is really hard, but if i have to< i will. It's been 2 years now.

m3, what have you been up to? you are a little quiet.

Thanks for the congratulations, I couldn't believe it. In between trying to get the kabobs done and making potato salad with also dealing with the baby off and on, I had no idea I was losing so much. I actually thought I would be up, because I was chugging water like crazy. I guess the water was released out of my cells instead..and I had a whoosh. Still I am not going to go nuts...I know I saw 192---but the bounce will happen, and I am not going to let it get to me.

my paper is due today... blah.

m3rma1d
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
m3, what have you been up to? you are a little quiet..

Well, Friday when I went to Grammy's, I called it my "day off" from exercise. I realized I hadn't had one since July 13th, and I was supposed to be taking ONE ALL-REST DAY per WEEK! Ooooops!
So the only exercise I did Friday was pick berries with Grammy.

Yesterday, I did my resistance bands for 1/2 hour, then did 1/2 hour's worth of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. Was gonna take a 4 mile walk as well, but the friend I was gonna go with canceled, and I figured I had done enough.

Today I was supposed to walk 3.5 miles with a different friend (Well, I was gonna add at least 1 mile to that without her), but she cancelled (she does about 99% of the time), so I got up & out, and walked 5.6 ALONE instead.

I like to walk with friends, but they slow me down and make my distances shorter, so I am better off doing it alone anyways.

I was 209.0 today, but my weekly-weigh-day (where I post a pic of the scale to facebook) is tomorrow. Wonder if it'll go down even more?

shalyn
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes Jen I get it, thanks! And congrats on the new low weight!

jendiet
08-15-2011, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=m3rma1d;3990171]Yesterday, I did my resistance bands for 1/2 hour, then did 1/2 hour's worth of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. Was gonna take a 4 mile walk as well, but the friend I was gonna go with canceled, and I figured I had done enough.

Today I was supposed to walk 3.5 miles with a different friend (Well, I was gonna add at least 1 mile to that without her), but she cancelled (she does about 99% of the time), so I got up & out, and walked 5.6 ALONE instead./QUOTE]

I'll say girl. Awesome exercise. I know how friends can be sometimes. My friend that I walked with actually didn't slow me down even though she is 4-5 inches shorter! I miss walking with her. She sometimes cancels on our workouts, but I have been doing a mini routine while still fasting. I hope we can do some circuit training tomorrow.

hey shalyn, was wondering what you were up to.

Well, I finished my paper. I really have to work on turning stuff in earlier, except I don't feel the need to? what is wrong with that. I see a deadline, as that--a deadline. So what if I like to push it?

well, I ate all the way up to midnight and a little past. I was hungry and I was busy today. I didn't eat too many carbs as my dinner was mostly meat and veggies. I had very little potato salad. It was soooo delicious though. I love stuff grilled. Shrimp is my favorite grilled. Usually I won't eat it unless it is grilled. We had shrimp and veggie kabobs, and stew meat on a skewer, as well as crappie, some baked potatoes, only veggie kabobs and corn. It was alot of work and at first I was swamped and irritated at all the work in addition to having to deal with the baby. Plus, my SO seemed like he was too wrapped up in the ball game to help me. I fussed a lot. He looked mad, but realized he had made plans with me, and came to help. I warmed up to him again, and cuddled him while he helped me. I told him he did a wonderful job--he handled the grill. I am glad he came around.

well tomorrow is my 12 year old's first day of 7th grade. Omg, he is getting so big. I hope he picked out good clothes for tomorrow. I had to give him some melatonin cause he couldn't sleep. lol he went to bed right after I gave it to him. He's like his momma in that sense. I CAN'T shut my brain off. So, I am going to take a 1/2 of one too and am going to bed.

m3rma1d
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM
208.2 Whoohoo!

jendiet
08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
m3, that is awesome.

I bounced back up to 194.6 blah. Ahh well. I ate alot more carbs today and I did alot of work again, including mowing the lawn. no formal exercise today though. Have to figure something out. 9 ' oclock ain't going to work anymore.

shadowmom74
08-16-2011, 12:09 AM
AAHHH! We just got back from vacation!

We went to Ruidoso NM for a couple days and then to mom's to get my younger daughter and drop off older daughter. Back to work tomorrow, ug. Gained 2 lbs, this week, but I usually gain one during TOM (also sucks for vacay!) so I figured this wasn't too bad.

Started Couch to 5K tonight. Also started blogging. We'll see how that goes!

Sounds like everyone is doing well... Only read the last page, will have to go back more, tomorrow. I'm tired now!!

Night all!!

dogdaysofdiets
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Jen - so sorry to hear about your Mom being so far away. :( I hope you can find a way to go visit her soon. It's so hard being far away from family...I'm finding that out the hard way with my grandmother being so far, yet so needy of our companionship. I hope your DS's first day back to school went well. My girls are counting down the minutes - they love school.

M3 - way to go on your drop this week!!!!! You are SO CLOSE!!! Keep it up!

Shadow - welcome back from vacation! I hope you had a good time. 2 pounds isn't bad, especially if you factor in TOM. I hope it's just water and you drop it quickly. You're so close to ONEderland!

dogdaysofdiets
08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Woke up this morning and started my routine...turned on the shower to wait for the water to warm up and then stepped on the scale. Scale read 175.0. In my half asleep state, it didn't dawn on me as odd at first. I stepped off and then realized "wait, I was 185 yesterday"...175??!! So I reset the scale and stepped on again...175. Hmm. Refusing to believe it, but secretly getting excited about the biggest possible WOOSH I've ever had (I know, not realistic, but I was half asleep, LOL), I reset the scale again and stepped on for the 3rd time...184.3. Okay. That makes more sense, LOL! Not sure what my scale was smoking this morning, but I bet my fat cat isn't innocent. He's always hanging around the bathroom in the morning and he likes to sit on my scale. No, he doesn't weigh 175lbs (20lbs...but there's no way I'll be able to convince him to IF or low carb, LOL) but he's my best guess, so I'm going with it. :D

But alas, 0.7lbs of scale movement this morning. Although 175 was a tease, I made a mental note to enjoy looking at that number because I'd be there soon enough! :cool:

On another note - a girl in my office came up to me yesterday and said "have you lost like a TON of weight recently?"...I grinned and said that I had. It's the first person in my office to acknowledge the change. I'd started to wonder if it was even noticeable, although I work with mostly men, so I think they're socially programmed to never comment on a woman's weight (especially at work). I was very excited. I've never been shy or sensitive about my weight and have always talked openly of my struggles to battle my PCOS and lose weight, so I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned my weight loss. Doesn't really matter...I know I'm smaller because I feel smaller and it's nearly time to buy smaller pants (already bought smaller tops). ;)

m3rma1d
08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Taking a day off from everything. Eating everything and not exercising.
Back to it tomorrow, if not please yell at me.

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Jen - great job with your goals yesterday! Sorry you're having a rough day today with your scale. :mad: Weight fluctuations are so dang annoying. Glad to hear your milk supply is improving for you!! That must be a relief!!

ItsMy - I always thought AZ was hot and dry...surprised to hear you referring to humidity. The heat and humidity combo is awful. We get a good dose of that every summer and it's brutal...drives the heat index right up and makes me retain ridiculous amounts of fluid, especially in my hands for some reason. :?:

I've had a pretty good weekend - keeping on plan and catching up with workouts. My weight didn't move this morning, but it did hold at 185.2, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you for your support about my grandmother. It will be a long road and we have a lot of decisions to make. From what I gather, when my grandmother was young, people didn't as commonly make end of life plans like we do now (wills, power of attorneys, assisted living savings and preferences, etc), so it's a bit daunting to now have to make those decisions on her behalf with limited input from her. We'll get through it and find our new routines, I'm sure.
AZ usually IS dry and hot, but during monsoon season (which we are experiencing now), we do get humidity and more than enough for my liking. The combo is killer on my lungs, so I do a ton inside... I just miss the outside activities :)

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 08:02 AM
WI today - 206.4, that's 2.2Lbs loss. Not quite what I was hoping for since the doctor's office had me at 205, but that's ok, it's still a good loss for me :)

m3rma1d
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow, I only gained 1lb... After all I ate yesterday, that's insane! Hahahahahahahaha!!

(PS: Nope, not getting cocky and considering tempting fate again--back on track today!)

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 11:29 AM
m3 - Glad you were able to splurge a day and not get too many reprocussions :) It's always good to see your hard work on metabolic rate pay off on occassions like that ;)

m3rma1d
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
On another note - a girl in my office came up to me yesterday and said "have you lost like a TON of weight recently?"...I grinned and said that I had. It's the first person in my office to acknowledge the change.

That musta felt GREAT!

shalyn
08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
206.4!

And 6 miles walked so far this week!

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Great job Shalyn!!! Keep on walking! You are walking the pounds right off girl!!!!

shalyn
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
ItsMyTurn- I sure hope the pounds just melt right off in this heat. I don't want to lose this motivation! Looks like we're at exactly the same weight today!

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
And I was so happy Shalyn... I started out a bit disappointed at the number until I realized that I have now lost 30Lbs!!!! I wasn't sure I could be successful at this, but 30Lbs I think, is a bit huge for me :) I am so glad you are having total success too!!!! This is a tough run, but we are all winning :)

jendiet
08-17-2011, 07:28 PM
myturn, 30 lbs is awesome. YOU GO GIRL! you haven't lost 30 lbs since July of this year have you?

Shalyn, yay on the success.

Dogdays, what a freaking tease--my scale did that to me today too! said 185. I almost had a heart attack. I knew it wasn't right, but like you---it gives me vision. However, the scaled did say 191.6!!! NEW LOW.. I know I have popping up with that like crazy lately. I don't know what is going on, but I'll take it.

m3, it is good to take a refeed day. Good job on seeing it won't ruin everything.

afm, like I said, a new low, I broke my fast at 7:30 pm yesterday, which led me to being very hungry. I ate lots of cottage cheese and carbs.. I am suprised to be a pound down...but I will take it! I am so close to losing 10 lbs, and then I am really close to be my prepreg weight. less than 10 lbs to 183. So excited.

I haven't done any exercises except the normal chores and shopping, so I am going to try to do some resistance tonight.

dogdaysofdiets
08-17-2011, 08:24 PM
m3 - glad you're back on track after enjoying a day off. :)

itsmy - yay for your 2.2lb loss!!! You've had a busy couple weeks; I'm amazed that you've continued to make progress through that stress. A HUGE congratulations on hitting the 30 pound milestone. It's a big one...I bet your clothes are falling off you now! :D

shalyn - congrats on your new low! You're getting so close!!!!!

jen - your scale must be my scale's twin evil stepsister. Congrats on your new low this morning! I'm glad to see your efforts turning into a consistent woosh for you. You've been working so hard!

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Jen - no, the 30 Lbs has been since April (with taking from May 24-July 1st off due to the folks visiting from Maine).. so been a little while, but I will still take it! Totally pumped! It sounds like your scale likes to totally mess with you, LOL! I am glad to keep hearing you say "new low"...that's so exciting!!!!

dogdays - I actually am down 2 sizes since I started. The first size difference wasn't a hard adjustment cause a co-worker of mine gained to my old size as I shrank to her old size... so we swapped clothes :) This last size down, I just resorted to the clothes I had in my closet from when we first moved to AZ almost 6 yrs ago that I haven't been able to wear :) So again, covered...LOL! The next size will be a kicker though, no clothes laying around for that one - so will only buy what I have to in order to make it through. Fortunately I am pretty good at altering clothing, so that will pull me through a bit too. I did have to get new undies though, LOL! Couldn't understand why they kept bulching up on me until I saw how totally bad they hung and was like... hmmmm, never thought about THIS part of the weight loss, LMBO!!!!

shalyn
08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys!

m3- it's good to plan an off day every now and then!

ItsMyTurn- 30 lbs is amazing! Don't be disappointed about 2.2 lbs...at least your moving in the right direction! Awesome job!

Jen- congrats on the new low! You're sooo close to that 2nd goal weight!

dogdays- my scale did something similar. It said i weighed .3. Had to get a new one!

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Shalyn - wow... 0.3Lbs???? You are a feather-weight! LOL!!!!!

Just got done working out on the gym and sooo feeling it. I did an all time high of the inclined abdominal... and on level 2! Ouchies. But it's cool, cause I know what the product will be later. Muscles are still spasming a bit and my son was all "mom, you need to shower... nasty", LOL!!

jendiet
08-18-2011, 02:11 AM
myturn, what an amazing accomplishment, i was just thinking I need to focus my goals on doing more reps or like you--a harder incline.

dogdays, yeah are scales are just being mean!

shalyn and m3 thank you so much.

I am kind of peeved with myself. I did NOT exercise again. I had every intention! I had a hectic morning, and I just kept saying I will do it, but in the end my tiredness won, and then I got busy...I am still NOT sleeping at night I am sitting here thinking if I do some exercises now they will just pump me up, but I'm not sleeping so what the ****, I think I will. Just some table pushups, and supermans and maybe some tricep dips, and modified planks--then off to bed. I know I will feel better if not sore in the morning.

ready4more
08-18-2011, 03:00 AM
I just joined! I'm excited!:carrot:

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 05:42 AM
I just joined! I'm excited!:carrot:

Welcome!! We love new friends to chat with!!

Your starting and goal weight is similar to mine. I hope you have wonderful success. What is your current plan?

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 05:47 AM
shalyn - LOL at the 0.3lbs. Yeah, I'd definitely need a new scale if that happened to me!

itsmy - great job on the workout! LOL at your DS's comment - sounds like something my DD7 would say.

jen - don't beat yourself up. I slacked last night too. I just couldn't get in the mood after spending an hour on the phone with my Dad dealing with things about my grandmother. Kind of sucks the life out of you, LOL! Back in the groove today - you with me?

m3rma1d
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Oops forgot to post after I walked yesterday. 5.6 miles. And 1/2 hour with resistance bands.

Today I gotta walk again, and MAAAAAAAAAAYBE do the DVD.

Oh and Shark Week started yesterday--Maybe that's why I went up a lb.... Today I am setting up my tent in CRAMP CITY! :(

ItsMyTurn
08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Jen - Do you sleep better at night if you can fit your workout in a couple hours before bed? I had to rearrange when I did mine for that very reason. It seemed I slept so much better if I moved it an hour and a half or 2 hrs before bed instead :) Just a thought (and no idea if you have tried that yet or not). A "slack" day once in awhile certainly doesn't hurt though, it works to confuse your body too :) Thank you for the props... I started my workout saying "I will go halfway tonight due to lack of protein, I know there is no way I will have the fuel to do a full one". I got halfway through and adrenaline took over and ended up surpassing!!!

ready4more - Welcome aboard!!! What plan are you following? It's great to have a newcomer :) You are even starting close to Onederland already!!! :) That's awesome and I wish you luck!

dogdays - I am sorry you all are left with tough decisions/preparations since nothing was really decided ahead of time. It's real hard and is emotionally draining - I think you are doing wonderfully to try and keep focus through all of that!!! I tip my hat to you hon!

m3 - way to go on the distance! You go girl!

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
m3 - great job with your workout progress yesterday!

itsmy - thank you for your kind words. Your support means a lot to me.

So I just realized this morning that I lost something recently. I'm not exactly sure when I lost it...but my back fat roll is gone!! Haha - who knew a girl could get so excited about back fat! :) I'm not sure why it took so long to notice it, but when I put my bra on this morning I realized I wasn't battling against my chub. Now if only I could talk my boobs into shrinking...those ladies refuse to budge, LOL!

ItsMyTurn
08-18-2011, 01:44 PM
That is so great dogdays!!! :carrot: :carrot: I can't wait for the day my back roll does a disappearing act too! :) LOL! Was just telling DH that this morning, LOL! I am so so so happy for you! That is an awesome thing to notice and maybe it's been gone longer than you realize?

shalyn
08-18-2011, 01:47 PM
So I lost a pound in 2 days then gained it back in one day. I know why. Yesterday morning, I had a latte instead of my regular coffee, I ate my salad until I was so full it hurt...twice! Then I had coffee and dessert.

I really need to learn to listen to my body. Ignoring it is what got me here in the first place.

ItsMyTurn
08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Shalyn - I am so sorry you had a discouraging day. Listening to our bodies is definitely a learning process through all this. I have no doubt you will be taking that pesky pound right back off and moving forward real fast :)

jendiet
08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
shalyn, that pound is not a real pound hun. Our bodies fluctuate everyday, this is what I call the bounce.

dogdays, again my heart goes out to you for the emotional drainage. However KUDOS to you. It takes every bit I've got to make my back fat roll disappear. I had one on my lower back though--and that was JUST GROSS. I got rid of that one fast.

Welcome Ready! Glad to have you hun. Post your heart out, we are here for support.

myturn, yeah love that adrenaline...that is what hypes me up. However, in high school I used to do my weight training about 1-2 hours before bed. I DID do some exercises last night.

m3, you go girl, the freaking mileage you are racking up. I think I need to go back to walking with my friend, but I love the high I get from running and I can only do that on my rebounder.

afm, I am so blah today. My night was HORRIBLE. It started out with me being tired at 10 pm...thank you adrenals--and then NOT being able to go to sleep again. So I was hyped up after that loll. 11am-fed baby-catnapped until 12am-1am SO came in to cuddle a little and I woke up-finished homework-2am UP-2:30am SOMETHING SCARY HAPPENED with the baby-( I don't wish to go into further explanation but it had to do with his breathing). I was so shaken. SO was almost NO HELP at all. I realize he had a little too much too drink, but I felt so scared and alone. Once I calmed down, I sat at the computer a little more, than did a workout. Then I took a FULL melatonin cuz I couldn't stand it anymore. I fell asleep at 4 am, and woke up at 6 am to take care of my DS1, then SO got up and he was acting like a jerk. I thought maybe he didn't remember what happened...but then he did and argued with me, then he fought with me about something stupid that he KNOWS isn't right. We were still full of tension when he walked out the door, but we both said "I love you" to each other. I fed the baby and fell back asleep, and FELT LIKE A FREAKING ZOMBIE until 2:30 pm. What is it? I got some sleep, from 6am to 11 am is 5 hours, and from 4 am to 6 am is 2 hours. So 7 hours total--why couldn't I deal and wake up at 11am like I should? NO I could not even really sit up--I was so tired. Must be the melatonin. Or am I depressed???

I think it might be a combination. I am still DEALING with what my school did to me and it poses as a never ending stressor, on top of DS1 just starting back to school, I don't get out of the house, my friends are all taking a hiatus, they have major issues to deal with, and I feel like I'm swimming in molasses up stream. :(. I know melatonin is NOT good on cloudy days especially. But, I am stumped as to how to get some sleep and feel better. Those who pray. Pray for me.

I am deterimined to make this day WORK. I am going to cook some New Enlgand Chowder and do my chores and get in a workout while fasting. I AM GOING TO FEEL BETTER.

ItsMyTurn
08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Jen - my goodness girl! I am so sorry! What an ordeal to go through in 24 hr period! Honestly depression can contribute a ton to not sleeping, yet feeling sleepy and foggy. It might be worth looking into so you can feel like yourself. I will certainly include you in my prayers and do hope you are able to find some peace to just feel right again. *hugs*

m3rma1d
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
(((hugs to Jen)))

shalyn that pound will go away when you have a good poo!

m3rma1d
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Just walked 5.8 miles.
Normally I would go a little extra to push it to 6, but I was having a BATHROOM EMERGENCY! :(

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 05:37 PM
jen - :hug::hug::hug: I agree with looking into the depression thing if possible - or maybe even a sleep study if your doctor rules out the depression. Your plate sounds very very full right now. Sorry about your school messing you around. I will keep you in my prayers for sure.

m3 - way to go on your mileage today. Sorry about the potty emergency, LOL! Can't fight nature, ehh?! :D

shalyn
08-18-2011, 06:04 PM
ItsMyTurn- thanks!

m3- haha i thought about that and i hope its true! I've been having some trouble in that area lately and I think its because of Mio (stuff you add to water to flavor it). It has given me and my daughter a lot of bloating, gas and irregular bm's. Kinda gross but it might contribute to my lack of a loss. P.S.- great job on the walking!

Jen- I think I missed the specifics on your school issues. School in general is stressful. sounds like you have added issues there though and I wish you luck. I hope you get good sleep soon!

jendiet
08-18-2011, 06:21 PM
FEELING ALOT BETTER. I know somebody is praying. thanks. My help comes from the Lord.

m3, are you kidding. I wouldn't be worried about that .2. 5.8 is freaking awesome!

dogdays, thanks again, I am so inspired by you losing that fat roll at 183. Maybe it will happen to me too.

myturn, I will see if just staying awake during the day will help--I hope so. I know I can deal with it. You deal with alot, and look at you! You are an inspiration.

went and talked to a friend, and got home and started cooking and a little cleaning--I did not work out fasted, but I am going to do something tonight...i don't know what yet.

Scale said 193.4 today, so bounce back up. I have hope of seeing 191 or maybe 190 soon.

LGW
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Checking in at 215 :)

I like to check in here -- just because I can :)

m3rma1d
08-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome LGW!

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 08:44 PM
jen - glad you're feeling better. I hope you lose your back roll soon too!! Keep it up and it will happen. I was genuinely surprised this morning when I processed the reality that mine had dissipated. I've always been a bit self conscience about it, so I guess I avoided looking at it until this morning. Good luck with your workout tonight.

LGW - welcome!!!!!! Glad you came out of the shadows to join us. Jump in and post away. :comp:

dogdaysofdiets
08-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Checking in at 215 :)

I like to check in here -- just because I can :)

Ooohhh...I just realized we're the same height! :D I have no idea why I find that fun, but I do! (simple minds, simple pleasures) I don't bump into too many 5 footers, LOL...not a hair over, not a hair under. :cool:

jendiet
08-19-2011, 01:13 AM
blah no workout tonight, but I did fall asleep at 10 pm. NOw it's 1 am and I'm awake but I took half a melatonin and 1/2 a ty pm.

I woke up superhot again.

I'm ashamed about the workout, but after dinner, I was just BEAT.

dogdaysofdiets
08-19-2011, 06:57 AM
jen - don't be ashamed about not working out. If you're anything like me, as soon as I beat myself up over those little slips, I get in a bad place and start falling off the wagon completely to avoid facing the disappointment. Just keep your focus and feel the pride in all that you've accomplished so far. You had a very difficult week and as I've found lately, it just sucks the motivation right out of you. Try to rise above it and keep moving toward your goals. We're your biggest cheerleaders and we KNOW you can do it!!! Today is a new day; a fresh start.

ItsMyTurn
08-19-2011, 02:50 PM
m3 - sorry about the bathroom emergency... impossible to "push" through those, LOL!

dogdays - I am with you...super self conscious about the extra junk on my back (it's NOT where it should be, lol). I always check to insure shirts don't show it more than absolutely necessary, that my bra fits right so it doesn't emphasize it too. Crazy and I look forward to the day mine is gone... I think it's so wonderful to hear yours is - that's a motivator for me!!!

Hi LGW!!!!! Nice to see ya jumpin in!

Jen - Girl! What are we going to do with you! :) You are NOT to feel ashamed of missing your workout... you are so hard on yourself hon... what would you tell one of us if it were us? Would you encourage shame? Treat yourself as well as you do us... you more than deserve it :D :hug: I handle a bunch, but it is out of sheer necessity and has actually eased up over the years. My daughter and I are no longer being abused, we have no court battles, etc... so to me, this is easy compared to where we came from... that does not take away the effect your things are having on you though. Problems are problems, issues are issues...and both can take a toll on a person... you add to that the hormones you have from a recent childbirth and the continued hormones from nursing...and I gotta tell you - you are amazing. It is also ok to follow up and ask for help, it doesn't make you any less strong ;) I think you are an amazing woman, strong and independent... and so awesome and thoughtful to others.... just sayin' :) As for the scale... your pattern lately has been a tiny bounce up before a bigger dip down... so wouldn't let that worry ya at all :D

I managed to do the elliptical last night as well as the floor stretches and crunch series :) Yay! Looks like I am totally back on the wagon again too, cause was able to increase my ramp height and keep the resistance higher too :) I told hubster that I was wishing I had a workout buddy.. he agreed to go biking with me tomorrow morning to try and lift my spirits a bit :D YAY!

m3rma1d
08-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Walked 6 miles in 1 hour 27 minutes... Think that's definitely my fastest ever.

Not sure why, but I have been feeling less motivated... Burning out or something. Just trying to push thru and hope it passes soon. Today wasn't as bad as the last 3-4 days before, so maybe it is passing. I hope so... I'd hate to be this close to Onederland and blow it!

shalyn
08-20-2011, 12:30 AM
m3- keep your eye on the prize! you're too close to give up now!! walk, woman...walk!

i wish i never would have never got rid of my treadmill.

jendiet
08-20-2011, 01:31 AM
omg, ladies...I am leaning over the edge of the wagon, but you are totally keeping me on it!

shalyn, i like your new avatar

m3, honey, I got the blahs too, stupid thoughts that it doesn't matter cuz it took easy bad habits to put on the weight and it takes unending effort to take it off, but you know what--like you said we GOT TO PUSH THROUGH.

myturn- you are so right. Awesome on your renewed committment, I am going to MAKE MYSELF get back in the middle of the wagon with you again.

dogdays, yes I feel sucked dry, but I AM SO GLAD FOR YOU LADIES. I hate feeling weak or vulnerable, but I AM.

I GAVE IN TODAY. I woke up at 11 am finally up in the MORNING. I had a dr. appt about my ear, so I went into town fasted, and visited a friend after my dr. appt, I came home. The house is such a wreck since DS started back school and he doesn't do his chores like he should. I did some chores with the baby strapped to me. But that was so uncomfortable. Then he was whiny. And as soon as SO came home--I took care of the baby, and then ran off and visited with the neighbors and got drunk.

after that--I didn't care what I ate. Apparently it had lots of cheese in it. I am bloated, gassy, and kind of miserable. drinking lots of water isn't going to get rid of this--i might be stopped up for days :(. I didn't eat too much, but I ate more than I normally would. Alcohol makes me hungry. I ate a bowl of chowder and a single pizza and 1/2. I had two servings of ice cream and a ice cappucino. other than that I ate fruit, salad, and an egg roll. Pretty sure I am over 2000 cs thanks to the pizza 400cs/ pie.

I did not work out, and think I am ok with that. I have worked out at least 3 days this week, and it's diet that helps you lose, not exercise.

The scale said 192.2--not 191 but oh so close.

dogdaysofdiets
08-20-2011, 08:40 AM
itsmy - great job with your workout! I hope you enjoy your bike ride with your DH this morning.

m3 - wow! That's a very good time for 6 miles. Keep it up! You're closing in on ONEderland. :)

shalyn - love your new avatar pic! How are you making out with IF? Is it working for you or have you found something more effective for your lifestyle?

jen - glad you got to enjoy a night off with your friends. I think you needed a refuel and recharge night to get your head back in the right place.

Okay, so many of us (myself included) are teetering on the edge of the wagon. We need to stick together and hold on tight. It's been a very challenging month for many of us and I think (at least for me) the novelty of our journey is wearing off a bit. So with that reality, I think we need some rejuvenation posts to infuse some excitement back into our journey. I'm going to post a few pros/cons related to my weight loss journey; feel free to join in:

Cons:

Have to think about everything I eat
Have to track everything I eat
Weight fluctuations (hate those!)
Finding time to workout
Guilt trip I put on myself at times (skipping a workout or slipping off plan)

Pros:

Watching my scale go down!
No more BACK FAT!!!!
Buying smaller clothes. :)
Feeling proud of myself
Getting healthy
Can workout and enjoy the progress, rather than dread it.
Have more energy!
Double chin is disappearing
My THIGHS!!!! They're getting so skinny, LOL.
My flabby upper arms are disappearing...tank tops, here I come!
My "small jeans" are too big for me now
I have a clavicle! Who knew?!
My allergies have improved...this is a weird one, but true!
BEST OF ALL...my 3FC friends who support me and keep me accountable...

So a really interesting thing came out of this for me: I had a very hard time thinking up the cons and my pros came with ease. At first I wanted to say "food restrictions" and then I realized there's nothing I'm actually restricting in my diet, just being cautious about portion size. Then I wanted to whine about exercise, but I actually enjoy doing that, so my only complaint would be finding the time in my hectic schedule. So yeah...definitely more pros to this journey than cons.

http://www.j3nn.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fell_off_wagon_kitty.jpg

shalyn
08-20-2011, 10:38 AM
jen- thanks! I too feel like I'm about to fall off the wagon. The weekends always get me and I lose all motivation. I think it comes from lack of a schedule on Saturday & Sunday. Don't let an off plan evening discourage you from getting right back on track today!

Dogdays- IF is going okay. It's really easy for me to keep up with because it doesn't seem like a diet. However, I'm not sure if it's working. It's only been about three weeks so I'm still tweaking it I guess?

I agree with all your cons. I'd also add the length of time it takes to lose even a pound and how discouraging it is when you hit a plateau.

Pros:
-being proud of myself when
-the scale and inches show lower numbers.
-my face and neck are looking thinner (bye bye double chin!)
-belly bloat went down significantly after cutting back on carbs.
-eating healthy foods makes me fix better foods for my family too.
-my elastic wait (favorite) capris are starting to fall off.
-finding support here. Everyone has been so awesome so far and I feel like I need to check in and be held accountable which makes me want to work harder. So thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!

Today is a planned off day. That doesn't mean I'm going to completely blow it! I'm straying from IF a little by eating breakfast at 730am (brown bread sugar free toast, boiled egg, banana, grapes, coffee). Not sure what lunch will be yet...maybe the yummy cheesy chicken enchilada soup I made last night. Probably salad for supper. Maybe a hamburger! I'm going to try to not eat past 6 or 7. But when I give myself an inch...I take a mile!

Weight this morning was 206.6.

After reevaluating my carb intake for the past few days, I don't think I've been eating enough...like maybe 75g a day? I stopped eating bread, pasta and rice. My calorie intake is in check...so why have I stalled? Is it because I just started a new exercise routine after not exercising much at all? 2000-2500 calories a day because I'm nursing (although I've been under that), under 100g carbs a day, no white stuff (pasta, potatoes, rice, bread, sugar), no sweets, hardly any dairy, no junk food and I'm exercising. What am I doing wrong? This is the point where I usually say eff it and give up but this time I don't want to! I have to figure out what's going on and fix it! Have I not given it enough time for my body to adjust?

my2cats
08-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Just thought I'd poke my nose in this thread.. getting close and getting a tad excited about it! But it still seems far when I think it'll be a month or more. Ah well, soon, soon. :)

Also I can't decide if my Sz 16 jeans are getting baggy because of weight loss or because the elastic is starting to go (they're stretch). I suspect a combination. :lol: I'm not going to try on my Sz 14s until I hit 199 though...

dogdaysofdiets
08-20-2011, 11:13 AM
shalyn - it's probably a combination of things holding you still right now...the new exercise, muscle building, water retention and even your body trying to adjust while protecting your milk supply. Your frustrations sound very similar to Jen's several weeks ago. She was holding steady but working hard at exercising and food consumption and then she suddenly started dropping. So definitely stick with it...at this point, you know what doesn't work (and that adds on the pounds), so hang in there and I bet you'll see results soon. I really commend you for pushing through this with a newborn...if you can do it with sleep deprivation, I have NO excuses, LOL!

my2cats - Howdy!!! That 4 pounds will move fast - keep up the good work and thanks for popping in to chat with us! :)

jendiet
08-20-2011, 11:57 AM
my2cats, welcome and stay around!

shalyn, yep sounds familiar. Keep going at it though. Eventually that hard work will pay off.

dogdays, love the idea. There are wayyyyy MANY MORE pros than cons. The one pro that sticks with me, is looking good in clothes. I can't do that if I DO NOTHING. So I must do something.

m3, keep haning on with us. We are going to push through this!

afm, second day in a row I am up before 3pm. yahoo!!!! Really. I took 1/2 ty pm and 1/2 melatonin, and I got some rest. I had bad dreams about a tornado and a city exploding...and SO had a fire call where 2 brothers were in a wreck and 1 died and the other went to jail---but I barely remember him leaving or coming back, and I barely remember the alarm going off at 6am....but I feel rested now. Lack of sleep REALLY sucks the life out of me.

I'm going to be on plan today, but will go off plan tomorrow at the "inlaws". We usually eat eggs for breakfast. So my plan is to low carb breakfast at least. Last time I tried to eat breakfast my stomach hurt so much.

shalyn
08-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to keep trying and give it time. Better to hold steady than gain!

You know what I've never understood? Water retention. How do you know when you're retaining? And how do you know when you lose water weight?

m3rma1d
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to keep trying and give it time. Better to hold steady than gain!

You know what I've never understood? Water retention. How do you know when you're retaining? And how do you know when you lose water weight?

I wear a ring, and if it's easy to slide up and down my finger, I figure I'm not retaining*. When it gets tight, I figure I am retaining. It's Shark Week for me right now, and the damn thing won't budge LOL

(*Except when it got TOO loose 'cos of weight loss, then I just moved it to a different finger.)

m3rma1d
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Did 35 mins of Biggest Loser Cardio max, and then walked 4 miles--Except actually I walked 3.5 miles, and RAN .10/mile 5 times... HOLY CRAP, I ran a half mile! (I say it counts as a half mile, dammit! LOL)

dogdaysofdiets
08-21-2011, 07:46 AM
jen - so glad you got some restful sleep finally!

shalyn - like m3, I use my wedding rings as an indicator of water retention. When my solitaire doesn't flip around my finger as much, I know I'm holding onto A LOT of fluid.

m3 - you're a rock star!! Great job on running a half mile...and yes, I would totally count that as a half mile. :D Amazing progress, I'm impressed!!!!

Mini update on me - I had a semi off plan day yesterday. Still IF'd and had a healthy meal to break my fast at noon, but then we went to our friends' house for dinner and my friend likes to cook and she's a VERY good cook, so my dinner meal was a bit higher in carbs and calories than my normal plan. I served myself small portions of the things I wanted to eat, so I have no guilt about it...and my weigh in this morning was the same as yesterday at 182.1. Which was a pleasant surprise since I didn't workout yesterday either. But I'm 100% okay with it and I'm feeling really good about hanging onto the edge of this wagon today.

shalyn
08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. I don't usually wear a ring, I'm allergic to my wedding ring (white gold) and I don't wear any other rings or jewelry...maybe I should get an inexpensive one just for this purpose tho. Otherwise I have no clue, my fingers always look fat!
Yesterday I planned an off day that turned out to be not so off. Under 1800 calories and 150g carbs. No exercise. Weigh in this morning 206.4.

Great job m3!

Jen- glad you got sleep!

m3rma1d
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys. I don't usually wear a ring, I'm allergic to my wedding ring (white gold) and I don't wear any other rings or jewelry...maybe I should get an inexpensive one just for this purpose tho.

Take it from a jeweler, if you're having a reaction to white gold, you will DEFINITELY have a reaction to something cheaper. Unless it's like stainless steel. That might work.

ItsMyTurn
08-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow, missed a bunch since I last checked in....

Shalyn - I am sorry you are holding stagnant, but rest assured the work WILL pay off, it will happen. I wish I knew of another way to tell... usually my fingers and feet swell when water weight happens and then honestly I have a day where I don't "feel fat", and that's when water let go for me

jen - so glad you have had a chance to get some sleep! Super yay!

m3 - you are doing wonderfully with all of the exercising! Terrific!!!!

shalyn
08-21-2011, 04:26 PM
m3- sterling silver or stainless steel is usually ok for me, thanks!

Myturn- I do have those days when I feel less fat. I never notice swelling tho. I'll figure something out. Thanks!

I went so off plan today. I can't even count the carbs/sugars and calories I ate at the potluck after church today. Those old ladies sure do know how to cook! Maybe since yesterday wasn't too bad it'll be ok. I plan on being good the rest of the day and start walking again tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!

dogdaysofdiets
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
shalyn - I had to get a new wedding band and had to have my engagement diamond reset in platinum because of my gold allergy. It's actually the nickel they add as filler in 10kt or 14kt gold that I'm allergic to. Platinum and palladium (sister metal of platinum, but cheaper at the moment) are hypoallergenic, along with stainless steel and silver. I've changed over all my earrings to silver or platinum because it's the only way I can wear them. It's a shame because I have a lot of beautiful gold & white gold pieces that I just can't tolerate to wear anymore. I'd sell them off for the gold reclaim $ if they weren't so sentimental to me.

jendiet
08-21-2011, 10:10 PM
I feel you ladies on the allergy to jewelery. I used to love to wear jewelry. Except it made me so uncomfortable, I was alway picking and scratching where I wore it. Well, my POOR EARS. They would feel like they were on fire, and ITCH. I'd get bumps where the holes were ( I had 3 on each ear) and they would hurt like the dickens. I had NO CLUE. I kept trying to wear them and clean them with peroxide since I figured the holes got infected. Finally I gave up, I took the 2 sets out. They closed up. My final set on my ear lobes, they still act up if I wear anything but gold and even then, I can't wear them for long. Then I'll find bits and pieces of metal in them where the metal flaked off in my skin. so now I wear NO jewelery, but a silver tiny cross necklace, I barely know it is there and I love it.

I have another paper that is due, and I am tired. I was off plan today, so afraid of the scale , but I plan on being back on plan AND exercising tomorrow. My friend said she would with me, but NO EXCUSES. I am holding myself to at least 15 min tomorrow. I have to clean the house like crazy because my MIL is coming to see us anyways.

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
I can't imagine not being able to wear jewelery! I have an issue with pewter and nickel, but none of my things break me out or anything...and I have to have my jewelery on before work or don't feel fully dressed! :D

Jen, good luck with getting the place cleaned for the MIL. Is she staying with you or is it a shorter visit not requiring accommodations?

m3rma1d
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
205.6 w00t w00t

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
m3 - Look at you go!!!! You are doing awesome girl!!!! Working through the lack of motivation sure is paying off!!!!! I am so happy for you!

m3rma1d
08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks! Now I just wanna go to bed and wake up on Sept 13th and be 199... LOL

Ok, not really... Secretly, I'm hoping I can get to Onederland BEFORE then, because I am going down to visit my sweetie on the 8th, and on the 10th we have a Red Cross volunteer thing with a TON of food, and then on the 11th we have another occasion with a TON of food.... iyeeeeeee........

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
m3- I am sure you are going to do wonderful even around all those food occassions because you have the knowledge now of how much exercise and diligence it takes to renew yourself afterwards. You have learned that it's ok to not deprive yourself as long as you do the work after that is necessary to balance it out :) I have watched you for a bit now and stand totally impressed with your persistance and ability to drive yourself... you are doing awesome! I sit looking at your ticker from where you started, seeing where you are now, and KNOW you are going to be heading to where you want to be without anything getting in the way. Are you human and going to slip up once in awhile? Of course (welcome to the club).. but you have also had a HUGE taste of what success tastes like and you love it too much to give up ;) :hug: I have no doubt you will hit Onederland just at the right time... before or at your set date, it will be the perfect time for your body :D

jendiet
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
m3, I love that you do meals on wheels and American Red cross. You are stunning. Great job for pushing through. I also can see you being under 199 by Sept. 13th. Is that your birthday? My brother's birthday is Sept. 13th. Mine is the 11th. We grew up sharing b-day cake...heh.

Myturn, wow, you are so motivational. Please share how you are doing though, I don't think I saw any personal info on you.

afm: I am totally shocked, but I admit last night I weighed before bed--just to see how bad it might be. I am usually 5 lbs less in the morning and last night I was 195.6. So I woke up to a NEW LOW OF 191.0.

OMG, OMG, I am so close to the 180s. I know I hate the 180s because I usually get stuck there, but I feel like since I am getting through the 190s again, I can get through the 180s and I see myself breaking through the 170s either, back to the 160s which I haven't been since 2006. I have an excel spreadsheet with all of my weightloss attempts from 2006 listed on it, so I can see each time I tried to lose and failed. I am so glad I have you ladies.

I was off plan like I said for 1 day. I did IF on Saturday, but ate lots of cookies in the evening. On Sunday, I ate a low carb breakfast, a medium carb lunch, and a very high carb dinner. I am back to fasting today though. My mil is coming for a couple of hours, but I wouldn't let my best friend in my house looking like this.

m3rma1d
08-22-2011, 05:33 PM
m3, I love that you do meals on wheels and American Red cross. You are stunning. Great job for pushing through. I also can see you being under 199 by Sept. 13th. Is that your birthday? My brother's birthday is Sept. 13th. Mine is the 11th. We grew up sharing b-day cake...heh.

I only do Red Cross, not sure where you got Meals on Wheels from.. The only time I do meals on wheels is when I am scarfing down food in someone's car or on a bus LOL
Nope, my Bday is June 2nd. But I re-started trying to lose weight on June 13th, and I said "I wanna be 199 in 3 months"... What an idiot! LOL
Anyways, no significance to either date, just where the chips landed.

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Jen - You are far too nice! Thank you. I haven't posted much personal stuff due to the fact a lot of it is stressful and didn't want to bring anyone down... however, even through it, I went biking both Saturday and Sunday, did my elliptical both days, and also incorporated swimming and tanning yesterday. Today is strength training if time permits (we have to scramble for some money for gas to get me to and from work), but going to push for it hard cause I always feel sooo much better afterwards. My food is as "on" as it can be... we literally have no money, so I have been going off the veggies we already have, but they are getting real scarce and I may have to have the pasta and such I am going to be left to feed the kiddos with... hopefully the working out will help to counteract that... bad food is better than no food at this point. Anyway... I am sure it will work out.. things always do... somehow, someway, there is an answer out there, I just have to find it

dogdaysofdiets
08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
m3 - great job on your new low!!! You will blow well past 199 by 9/13 at this rate.

jen - great job on your new low too!!! Fantastic!!! I hope your MIL visit went well and that you got your house tidied up in time. I know how you feel about that 180s stall...I was a bit nervous about entering the 180s for that exact reason. One of my prior diet "successes" ended at 181...stalled...and then gave up. I'm right there now and worried about the stall, but I didn't have this site last time and my current level of determination, so I do know I'll push through it. When I crack into the 170s, you better BELIEVE you all will be hearing about it first, LOL!!!!! We can do this...we can.

itsmy - girl, I just want to fly to Arizona and offer you all the hugs I have. :hug::hug::hug: You're an amazing person and probably one of the strongest I've ever "met". I'm sorry to hear of your challenges. Please feel free to share as much you like - we're here for the good and the bad. I wish I had more eloquent words to share with you, but just know I'm thinking of you and sending my prayers your way. Keep your chin up and keep up the good work. You will prevail. Goodness always prevails, I firmly believe that.

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
dogdays - Thank you so much :hug: I also have no doubt... I am a faith filled woman who holds true to the fact that the necessities will always be provided... be that for inner strength or for financial need :) I will take the hugs anytime though :) So.... though the money has not come through yet (and here is my faith paying off), I was able to find someone able/willing to share their vehicle going to and from work until we do get some money coming in. It's a lady that works at the company I do, and lives in the smaller city I live in (wayyy far away, lol). If that isn't a greater power at work, I don't know... :) DD is still struggling with her surgery recovery (so my daughter and keeps pushing beyond where she should when she feels a lil better)... so... called to come home from school early today. DH medicated her and had her start icing it again. Our plates are full, yet I see them simply as challenges...and obstacles that I need to leap over to keep on my own path to healthy, LOL... thinking I should have taken high jump lessons, lol

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
You all shouldn't worry about a stall. You all are so much stronger than a single stall ;) I have listened to a TON you have all overcome (weight and otherwise)... so a measly little stall stands no chance with this group *does her best body building flex position for effect* LOL!!! Kick the stalls and show them that we won't quit!!!!!

shadowmom74
08-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I feel like such a lurker, but I hardly have time to do more than read, then when I want to say something, I feel like such a dork!!! oh well...

Itsmy, I love to hear when God pulls us thru. It's so powerful and encouraging to see! Thanks for sharing with us.

Jen, my DD8's birthday is 9/13, my DD3's is 9/17 and mine is 9/28. Not to mention my nephew's is 8/31. Lots of shared cakes around here!

DogDays, I love that your name is about dogs and your avitar is a cat! I can't wait for you to break into the 170s almost as hitting the 190s myself!

M3, I think you'll make it, too!

Well, my update... I'm still at 201. I started the couch to 5k last monday night, so I'm not really surprised. I kinda expected a stall, but still not fun to not see the scales moving down.... but it's better than up!! I'm about to hit the blog (started that last monday, too) and then the showers.

LGW
08-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
Aug 15 - 217.8 (-20.2 total wt loss)

LONG-TERM GOAL: NEVER SEE 215 again...soon to be 210

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0)
8/13 - no WI
8/14 - 216.2 (-2.4)
8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6)
8/16 - 217.0 (-0.8)
8/17 - no WI
8/18 - 215.0 (-2.0)
8/19 - 214.6 (-0.4)
8/20 - 213.8 (-0.8)
8/21 – no WI
8/22 – 212.8 (-1.0)

jitterfish
08-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Hola ladies! Back after my wee maintenance hiatus, end of term insanity and all (now I have two week teaching recess and just a boat load of papers to grade). My weight stayed the same, I admit my eating wasn't fantastic but I'm pretty stoked to have stayed the same.

Thus I'm back, ready to kick my own butt :) I've worked for the last three days, tomorrow will be a rest day. Weighing on Friday, hoping to see a drop.

Hope you're all doing good, I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread but I'll be reading from now.

TransformingMyself
08-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone! I finally hit the 2teens a few days ago. My next weigh in day is Friday. I can't wait to see onederland! I tried on my 14's yesterday, to my suprise they fit! My 16's have been loose, bought a new belt, but I didn't think I would fit into a smaller size. I need to buy some smaller clothes soon. Where do all of you go? Do you buy brand new, go to resale/garage sales? I LOVE finding deals! I go to the thrift stores on half price day, at garage sales I find the best deals, but it is harder finding larger sizes, and I love going to Marshalls, and TJMaxx. I don't like paying full price. LOL Especially for transition clothes. ;)

my2cats, Try them on! Don't do what I did. I started at 18/20's, lost 22 lbs, then tried on 16's and they were loose. Some looked funny, I wished I tried them soon, so I could have gotten some wear out of them. LOL I just tried on a pair of 14's and they fit! I was shocked. Funny how everyones body is different. I am 5'8 and 3/4" , you are 1 1/4 inch taller than me. Get them on girl. ;)

m3rma1d, GREAT workout, I would count it as a half mile too. ;)

jendiet, Congrats! I can't wait to see that number. Just keep pushing forward, it will come off.

ItsMyturn, sorry to hear about your struggles. Yes, bad food is better than no food. Just workout a little extra to make up for it. Things end up working out. I hit some really hard times myself, it gets better. I am with dogdaysofdiets, I would love to drive/fly out by you. You are a strong woman! ((hugs)) That is awesome you are carpooling with a coworker. GREAT!

Shadowmom74, sorry you feel that way. It may just be you are out of your comfort zone. I was the same way. In time, we wont be able to shut you up. ;) or maybe I am describing myself. haha I am an introvert, but I have found with losing some weight and feeling great, I am throwing myself out there more and more. It is actually nice! Sorry to hear about your stall. Just keep pushing forward, it will eventually come off, it has no other place to go.

Hi jitterfish :) Happy to hear your weight stayed the same. That is great! Good luck on Friday. :)

I hope everyone has a good day! :)

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 11:59 AM
shadowmom - You are doing better than me by keeping a blog, lol... post when you can :) I seem to get more... ummm... fuel? from posting within community than I think I would with a blog, so this is where I spend my energy... although I have been told that those blogs are real good for helping you actually seeing your path :D Aren't the tools we have nowadays amazing?? Oh! And on the subject of Him always providing... my DH was getting the mail and found a check in there for me for a lil bit... enough so our whole family got to sit around the table to eat chicken and corn last night! :carrot: :)

LGW - Look at your July to August weights :O ! That is so awesome! You just keep losing consistently!!! So happy for you!

jitter!!!!!!!! Welcome back! We missed ya!!!!! Super yay for you staying same weight!!!! That's awesome! Just proof that your maintenance after journey will be accomplished successfully!!!! So happy for ya! :) :hug:

Transforming - Thanks for the kind words hon, but honestly I have no more available time for working out then I already do... and average 45mins-2hr/day (weekends I peak) either in strength training or cardio...so sure it won't hurt the scale too badly - do expect to get the dickens from nutritionist, but she doesn't pay my grocery bill, LOL. I don't worry... and try to never lose my positive attitude cause I am in the hands of Someone larger than life ;) I have special needs kids and he wouldn't have entrusted them to me if He wasn't going to help supply me with what I need ;) In the meantime... do what I have to and keep on smiling :D Again... normally why I don't mention "me" when things are going into a dip... our family has been through SOOOO much bigger, and these things are actually way easier for us to handle; but to those who have no idea the trials we withstood they sound like huge deals. I never want to bring anyone "down" in mood over stuff I know we can handle... things ever get too big and I will be reaching out... for now.. not so much :D

I do want to say though - You all are sooooo wonderful! You are supportive, encouraging, sweet, and kind-hearted... you have made me feel welcome from day 1 and I am sooo appreciative! Last night I was able to eat OP with the money that fell into our lap for a meal :D I also did my strength training for 55 mins (not quite an hour, but might as well be, lol)...and I feel WONDERFUL today :D Tonight is cardio night and I am looking forward to it

2sw33t
08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi,

I think I'm going to join in here, since I'm in my 30s (33) and in the low 200s - AND you guys all seem so awesome (I read through the whole thread). I've been having trouble posting on my blog, so I thought I'd look for a new home.

Anyway, I do a sort-of IF - I only drink coffee (with cream or milk) until lunch, except on the weekends. I'm going with a low-carb, high-fat, gluten-free (most of the time) plan. I'm not exercising yet - waiting for the company gym to get finished and opened.

I was hoping to be out of the 2-teens by Labor Day. I would probably need to add in some exercise to have a chance of making it, though.

@Transforming, I haven't really bought new clothes yet - I wear baggy clothes anyway, so I didn't really buy much for bigger clothes when I gained weight, and even though a lot of my clothes are now "too big", I prefer to think of them as "extra-comfy". I do still have a box or two of size 14 and under clothes that I'm anxious to get back into, though.

@ItsMyTurn, I love how positive you are! I'm also encouraged by messages of how God meets all our needs. But I'm sure no one would mind hearing more about your troubles so that we can return the favor and encourage you!

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Welcome 2sw33t!!! :welcome3: :welcome2: Good to have ya on board! Awww, thank you :) I do appreciate how everyone is here for everyone, and if I need to lean, I will sure step forward :D I think it's cool you read through the whole thread to get caught up, :lol: totally something I do! LOL! Although I still tend to miss stuff... case in point....

I totally missed over the new clothes part of the thread :O To answer that... With the first size I got too small for, it worked out perfectly when a coworker (due to medical isssues) was gaining INTO the size I got to small for... so we swapped clothes! Now that I am another size down, I am fortunate I saved that size in my closet, and that same coworker's daughter had shirts for me! The next size I will be doing thrift stores for essentials only though. Until I meet where I think I am at goal, I don't feel right spending anymore money than absolutely necessary when that money can be going to my family instead. There is a thrift store near me though, that is owned by a church...and every other Saturday, they also do 50% off thrift prices... has not been uncommon for me to get a shirt for $1.25. My favorite buy there was a pair of designer jeans (seen previously in mall for $125) I got for $5!!!! I am a couponer when it comes to groceries, a bargain shopper to the end for clothing... even the events we go to, I have been able to score free tickets through my work, LOL! On the cheap :) I will incorporate some new stuff when at goal, but until then...

shalyn
08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
204.4!

jendiet
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
myturn, Praise GOD. for providing. I am so glad you got nutritious food. Pasta really isn't too bad. Lots of times it has vitamins and minerals added. Ramen is actually packed with nutrients. More than some cereals. I look for bargains too. I still have sizes in my closet that I can wear, so for now, I am set. You are an exercise work horse. Inspire me to do better myself!

jitter, welcome back!!! so glad you didn't gain. Awesome maintenance work girl. Did you eat a certain amount of calories?

Welcome 2sww, it is nice to have you.

m3, lol...my TIRED brain combined food with "meals on wheels" for some reason. I use to volunteer there myself. Well, I hope you meet your goal and then some.

dogdays, mIL visit was soo soosos soosso short. She basically got done with the appointment picked us up some food, sat with me for 5 minutes, and then we both had to run. lol.

shadowmom, you are welcome to post anything you like. my goodness that is alot of birthdays. Our whole house except ds2-newborn is in September. DS2 is in May. He's kind of an odd man out. You are sooo close to onederland.

LGW, i like your goal. I never want to see 2-- ever again. I am going to make a promise to myself that no matter what, I won't!

transforming, baggy clothes ARE SO REWARDING. Keep at it.

afm: friend came over and we were going to to do a circuit training workout. I put my NEW workout disc in the xbox, and it refused to read, took it out, did it again--NOTHING. So I pulled it out and inspected it. BROKEN IN HALF in the midline of the disc. had to have been stepped on..:mad: I couldn't take it anymore. I lost my temper. Between SO fiddlefarting about taking care of the baby for me, and DS1 ignoring me, THAT WAS IT. I RANTED AND RAVED AND RANTED some more. Finally, I settled down and we got a mere 8 minutes of jogging done. I decided to run at my MAXIMUM so it would be worth something good. I was huffing and puffing, but it felt so good!:carrot:

For the past 2 days DS2 has been C---RR-AAA--NNN-KKKKK-EEEEEEEEEEEEE! UGH. I have no earthly idea what is wrong. I thouht he might be too hungry to have just breastmilk, so I give him a little rice cereal, he got a *little* happier in between meals, but he's a FUSSPOT. I thought he had an ear infection because he was grinding his fist into his ears while screaming, but nope, dr. said no ear bugs. If I hear one more person talk about a "good" baby that "never cried except when hungry or wet", I am going to scream!!!!:?:

today is my dad's b-day. So I honor it with something out of the ordinary--he's passed, but I like to remember him. This time decided to make pb no bake dessert. Um, I made the cupcake version. WAY too much batter left over?? how does that work? I licked the spoon so many times, i must have already had one piece...but how does that work if your method leaves excess batter and 1/8 of the mix is 190 cs? There are 12 cupcakes, and I made about 3 more after that with the excess batter. Also, I got up at 6 am, and have been chugging along since. I keep telling myself--only 4 more hours to bed. You can do it. Isn't that silly??? I don't know if I will be awake enough to work out but I sure will try.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Jen - You just made my whole day! To even hint that me being me, even MIGHT inspire you to make a self-improvement... wow... to me that is so huge! I have people that have influenced me and I think to myself.. if only I could bring a smile or have a positive influence on someone else... to me, that's what this life is totally about :) As for the pasta, I have colon issues where they have pretty much taken me off pasta... and dairy is a huge no-no, but the pasta has a negative reaction with me, which also puts stress on my system and influences my weight. It's cool though, for at least yesterday and today I have "legal" food!!! I have no doubt that somehow, He will insure I have it again before any health damage is done too badly. It always seems to work that way... I do take steps to try and help myself, since I know that He only helps those who are willing to help themselves and work for it too :D Lessons learned REAL young :D Honestly the exercise thing is more of a selfish thing. All the stressors, emotions, pent up aggression from the day..they all come out in my workouts and make me feel anew...exhausted, winded, but anew, :lol: Since I have delved into working out more, I have snapped less at others, been more patient with my kids, been able to handle work stressors/financial stressors better knowing I have my exercise to beat it out on later... I have also been able to subtract 10mg of my Ritalin from my daily amounts on the days I do strength training!!! :O I usually take 10mg 3x/day to keep me on a fairly level ground... I refuse to up it, and the dr is tired of arguing with me...but DH says that NOW, since all this, even he won't advocate for me to be upped in dose anymore, says this seems to be helping tremendously. Super YAY!!!!

Jen... also have to tell ya...those few minutes you were still able to fit in of exercise is better than those few minutes being spent on the couch :) Pat yourself on the back for still accomplishing some fitness movement, even when it felt like the straw that broke the camel's back hit ya... I am proud of you to still do that! Usually if stress gets a hold of someone to the point of where you "feel" it outwardly and have to fix it/confront it, then they lose perspective and forget about the fitness end of it... you did good though, you exerted yourself with running and made it help melt some of that stress!!! You go girl! One last topic....if the baby is pushing at ears, super fussy, and doesn't seem to even be soothed with the addition of rice... (and I am sure you thought of this having this not be your first child), but it sounds an awful lot like teething. You know before they show the whites and look like they are going to bust through..that stage where it seems their little ears feel the pressure... then it's the jaw a few days later and their eating makes them fussy... then finally a few more days you see the white under the gums and it all makes sense? Is that a possibility? If so, some baby tylenol and a frozen waffle to knaw on ( and the squares double as spit catchers, lol) would be my recommendation to try :D

m3rma1d
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
1/2 hour doing resistance bands
35 minutes of Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD
4.26 miles in 1 hour 3 mins.

HURTING. SO. MUCH.

Seriously just wanna call for pizza delivery and just say "screw it". I am just not feeling it anymore.

But I will have my chicken & veggie stir-fry on quinoa with lotsa sriracha. As usual.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
m3 - Sorry you are feeling down... look how far you have come though! You are amazing and can soo accomplish your final goal if you just stay with it. Please don't let your mood lower when you have done so wonderfully! Maybe it's time to change it up a bit? Possibly just tired of doing the same stuff all the time? There is always room to move things around a bit if that will help your perspective and jump your motivation into gear :)

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
204.4!
Shalyn - Look at you!!!! That's a drop of a couple pounds in just a week!!!! You're a rockstar!

jendiet
08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
omg, teeth? The dr. did say that they will fuss like that if they are teething...he has been drooling like crazy, but i don't see any teeth yet. I don't even feel buds....but teeth at 3 mos...omg....please don't say so.

DS1 sprouted 4 teeth at one time at 9 mos. And I thought he went crzy too.

I am feeling really discouraged. My friend is not going to make our workout. I don't have a tape...and I want to wing it, but don't feel committed.

Plus, my weight was 195.4 with clothes on this morning. That was a slap in the face with the workout I was able to do. blah. I wish I would have weighed regular time, but I was running errands.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Jen - my oldest child didn't get teeth until 4 mths, my middle one at 6 mths... my youngest.... *drum roll please* broke a tooth in on me nursing her at 6 DAYS OLD! That was super sucky. It's not uncommon to not be able to see the bump/white trying to come through for like 8 days prior. Give it a try and see if that soothes at all... if so, you know the culprit :) I am so sorry your workout buddy isn't showing... it's hard to do it on your own, but totally have faith in you!!! Find something on Youtube or maybe just do some cardio dancing with music in your room? Moving, even when it's fun, totally counts ;)

dogdaysofdiets
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Wowsers! New faces, renewed faces and lots of stuff going on in here today! I love it!!

jitter - welcome back, glad you were able to maintain during your downtime! Good luck with your paper grading.

myturn - your well deserved feast sounds wonderful. I'm so happy you were able to provide that for your family. Your spirit and determination is amazing and inspiring to me. I so enjoy "chatting" with you. :hug:

m3 - keep up the good work. You have less than 6 SMALL pounds until you hit ONEderland. I hope you chose the veggie stir fry. :D

jen - sorry your friend ditched you tonight. Your temper tantrum rant about the broken DVD made me laugh...sounds like something I'd do, LOL! :cool: I was thinking teeth too when I read about your DS' crank-potted-ness. Hope tomorrow is a smoother day for you.

2sw33t - WELCOME!!!! We love new friends. Glad you joined us.

LGW - fabulous progress! Keep it up!!

Transforming - hey, nice to hear from you! Congrats on your 2teens and for needing new clothes!! I'm cheap. I'm a Kohl's clearance girl. I picked up the cutest long sweater cardigan (short sleeved) for $5 on clearance a couple weeks ago, marked down from $60. I love it and it's formal enough for work. For my work clothes, I tend to scour the Lands End clearance sales at Sears at the end of the season when they mark the clearance area down another 50-70% off. Work clothes are definitely more expensive because of my profession, but I still hit the sale racks. Old Navy clearance is another favorite of mine.

shalyn - 204.4?!?!?! You're soooo close!!!!!

shadow - thanks for popping in, good to hear from you! I have a cat who thinks he's a dog...kind of explains the avatar and screen name, LOL! I also have a dog who thinks he's a cat...all kinds of messed up here...

dogdaysofdiets
08-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Forgot to update on me...not much new to report. I ended up fasting through lunch and not breaking until dinner because work was so ridiculous today. I was in meetings and on conference calls all day and when I wasn't, I had people coming in and out of my office like a revolving door...so no lunch. Thankfully, I didn't feel hungry until about 4pm, so at least I didn't suffer. I'm a bit nervous that it will prolong my stall though. My body gets a bit freaked out on low calorie days. I tried to catch up with calories at dinner, but my stomach has shrunk, so I can only eat so much...I don't like to eat past the satiated point or I feel yucky. I'm still stuck at 182.1, but I'm not throwing the scale temper tantrum I did last month. I believe it's 100% hormonally cyclical, so I'm not worried about a plateau just yet.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 11:03 PM
dogdays - You rock!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and I love chatting with you too!!!! Congrats on not suffering through your fasting :) I too work in a setting where the clothes tend to run more money... there are ways around that ;) Corporate setting where there is a "code"... but the truth be unwritten..those that wear certain name brand attire move ahead and get more accommodations then those that don't. Fortunately I am one that gets the accommodations - prove by the fact they are rearranging my schedule to allow for me to carpool with a coworker until financial issues are resolved (or at least it's a good band aid).
As for me tonight, I almost crapped my pants when I plugged my stuff into Myfitnesspal stats to see I burned 691 calories in tonight's workout :O That also didn't take into account my upped settings of being on 3 resistance and 15 incline... it was based solely on flat rate! I am thinking that takes me over the 700 mark :O Again I stare at it in disbelief! Apparently I was a bit more worked up during my workout than I realized, LOL. All worn out now though and my hair is drenched from sweat as if I showered!

jitterfish
08-24-2011, 04:22 AM
myturn - wow 6 days! Just as well it was your first born, with the whole getting use to breastfeeding and having a tooth that would have sucked. Both my kiddies were/are good teethers bless them. Both had teeth from five months, Oakley is working on tooth number six at the moment but it seems to be playing hide and seek, almost breaks though and then goes away.

dogdays you're doing amazing, remember the scale is but one measure of what we're doing. Alas we can't help but focus on it because it is the most tangible visual measure.

Hope none of you were on the east coast with the earthquake this morning (yesterday by now I guess).

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 07:13 AM
jitter - You aren't kidding. It was my last child, so didn't scare me away from having kids, :)

Ok, the weigh in results *drum roll please* Down 2 Lbs! Yay!!! I was so excited to see that :D

2sw33t
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Good morning, ladies!

@ItsMyTurn - woohoo! 2 lbs, that's awesome!

@dogdays - knowing not to worry is a victory in itself

@jen - my two LOs both acted like they were teething for quite a while before teeth poked through, but it could have been something else - I like ItsMyTurn's idea of frozen waffles. Anyway, you've been doing really great with your workouts, considering how often you get left high and dry by your wo buddies - it'll eventually show up on the scale, too

@m3rma1d - way to hang in there and stay OP, what an inspiration!

@shalyn - great going on the loss!

I'm still at 215, where I've been for going on 2 weeks. Not surprising, really, since I ate tons last night (I go to my mom's every Tuesday for dinner, and always overeat there - just a bad, in-grained habit). I also drank two cups of coffee after 8pm, so when DS woke up at 1am wanting his ba-ba, I couldn't get back to sleep until after 4:30am. I still managed to get up at 7am and get to work pretty much on time (largely because I showered during my episode of insomnia). Then I spent forever updating my little poetry book on Kindle this morning - took me several tries to get the cover image to load correctly. Now I should be working but it's hard to focus; I just want to sleep. :dizzy:

dogdaysofdiets
08-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Itsmy - what a huge update! Great job on your intense workout. I'm so thrilled that it paid off on the scale this morning. I hear you on the clothes thing at work. It's dog eat dog in the corporate world. I'm happy to hear your company is offering you flextime to carpool. Work-life balance is so important.

Jitter - I'm on the east coast and did feel the quake in my office. It was slight for us - no damage or panic, thankfully. I'd never felt one before, so I wasn't sure what it was at first.

The scale decided to move this morning and I'm down 0.2 pounds. Here's hoping I don't get bounced back to 182 again... :)

dogdaysofdiets
08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
sweet- sorry to hear about your stall. So frustrating. Have you noticed any inches lost? Maybe you're building muscle at the same rate you're losing fat. I hope scale moves soon for you!!

m3rma1d
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
OMG!! NSV!! My towel wrapped all the way around today with only a teeeeeny gap at the bottom!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315586_2327935523723_1409733153_2802469_4584186_n. jpg

dogdaysofdiets
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
m3 - YAYYYY!!!!!!! That is incredible!! You go girl!!

2sw33t
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
@ m3rma1d - That IS great! So cool! Congrats!

jendiet
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
you ladies have been so chatty.

m3, I love your NSV. I remember after I had Thomas, I just wanted the towel to wrap around again.

myturn, wow. I don't have any excuses really when I read what you accomplished, but I am still dragging my feet. Yes, a dance workout, would make me feel tons better. Congrats on the 2 lbs!

dogdays, hang in there. At least you are not up. Sounds like a hectic time in your workworld.

sw33t, thanks hun...unfortunately the scale just got higher.

sorry, if I missed anything...

afM: still feeling blah, depressed even, I have sooo much to do. I need to run errands today, and THAT starts with packing the baby stuff that I need to return back into their boxes, which means i got to take the stuff apart. I really want to hurry up and do it, but Thomas is asleep and I am so groggy. I went to bed at 11pm last night, SO woke me up at 3am, but then I went back to sleep until 11am...Thank God I got up, because I didn't want to. My stomach hurts and is bloated and gassy--just like right before my period...maybe that is why the scale is acting up? It really does hurt though. I feel clogged up for lack of better terms, like stuff wants out, but It isn't coming out-if you know what I mean.

195.4 first thing this morning...not a good sign. I have been trying to tweak my eating window with IF to 1pm-9pm, but my body is resisting something awful. Of course the ty pm and melatonin are contributing to the grogginess, damn, I wish I could just fall asleep without any *help*.

I am going to get through this day...if all I do is just go shopping, I win. I need to get this done.

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 12:59 PM
2sw33t - Thank you so much! :) Hopefully your stall will take a flying leap soon (downwards, that is) :) Also hoping you regain your focus for work. Being ADHD, I totally understand the no focus thing, lol ;)

dogdays - Thank you for the congrats :) As for work... it's not really a flex-time thing, more of a temporary fix. It was easier to adjust and get me some coverage for a bit, then to go through the hiring process to bring in a new person... cause without this schedule change, I had no way to work :) It sometimes pays to be a valuable employee I guess. Super yay on your -.2!!!! I love when we get to report a downward motion !!!! :D

m3 - Congrats on your NSV!!! That's a good one to get to!

Jen- I am so sorry you are feeling so low, that is a miserable feeling. Depression can effect not just your emotional state, but your physical as well. I sure do hope that straightens out for you. Maybe wouldn't hurt to check into getting a bit of help for it until it stabilizes? My son is on Zoloft now and my oldest daughter had to for a bit... it makes a world of difference on how things feel and they were thankful for the safety net :) Or maybe just being run down from the baby? Either way, something has to give for you :hug: Wish I could help. When you are feeling better, I am betting the scale will go in the right direction again

shalyn
08-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Sorry I haven't had time for a proper post, it's been a crazy week so far. Good new is I'm fitting some excersice into my schedule. Thank you to everyone who's congratulated me on the loss! Unfourunately I'm back up a pound today, I've had a few carby days. I've also strayed from IF a bit just eating earlier in the day and stop eating around 6 unless its a meal with no carbs like baked fish or something...then I'll eat later.

There's a lot of things I want to comment on for everyone, I'll have to get online later tonight!

Have a good day everyone!

m3rma1d
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Just got back from the nutritionist. Damn I hate that scale at the hospital. But, I've told her that I am going by MY scale from start to (eventual) finish, and she's fine with that.

She does want me to eat more in the mornings less in the evenings, in other words not do my IF-style... She didn't know what IF is, so maybe that's part of it. I guess I have to try it her way, but I am very unhappy about it.

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Shalyn - if you are able to fit in the exercise, then we will certainly wait :) And we will be here when you do have time :D One pound from having higher carb days isn't going to stick to ya, you will get rid of that in no time!!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh! Also wanted to update, since you all have been so wonderfully supportive during my DD's surgery/disease experience... she started physical therapy yesterday!!! She has also been knocked down from Percocet to Vicodin...granted, still narcotic pain meds, but not as potent (which thrills me as a worried mom). She has been over-doing it as of late and paying for it later... so we have stated this weekend she is to lay low and not make plans with friends, but it will be worth it with a faster recovery :) I wanted to share since I had some good news on her progress!!! And a special Thank You again to all of you for your support!!! Even though it's through a computer and not in person, it truly does mean a ton to me

dogdaysofdiets
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
ItsMy - thanks for the update on your DD. I've been thinking of her and wondered how things were going for her this week. I'm so happy to hear of her positive progress. Her journey is far more reaching than any journey I've endured, so please continue to give her my well wishes. She will grow up to be a strong woman...like her momma. ;)

shalyn - sorry to hear about your one pound bounce. Like ItsMy said, you'll blow it back off in no time!! Glad you're finding time to squeeze in some exercise.

m3 - good luck with your new eating plan. I hope it proves as effective as your former plan.

shalyn
08-24-2011, 11:41 PM
m3- looking good!

ItsMyTurn- glad to hear your daughter is progressing! and congrats on the 2 lb loss! I'm going back a bit but...I feel you on the financial issues. It certainly makes life tough. I suppose it also makes us stronger, right?! Stronger and resourceful!

Jen- I may have missed if you said anything about this but have you been to a doctor about your sleeping problems? Also, that does sound like teething. It puts so much pressure on their little ears. They just don't know what to do with themselves so they act all wonky. Poor babies. My 3 month old had those little white spots on his gums (like a tooth is about to break thru) since he was born. Nothing yet tho.

dogdays- a .2 is better than no loss! Good job!

Hi jitterfish and 2sw33t!

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I had a bad off plan day. First I ate half a panini (bread), then I had pasta and ONE breadstick at Olive Garden, for dinner I had spaghetti at my moms with a piece of garlic bread. After the kiddies fell asleep I at vanilla wafers and animal crackers...dipped in cheesecake filling!! Oh the carbs! I'm feeling totally guilty, gluttonous, bloated and fat right now. If I don't show a gain in the morning I will be so surprised.

I've been quite discouraged for the past few days, my eating choices are getting worse and worse. This is when I usually get fed up with trying to change my way of eating and give up...going back to my old habits. In the past, when I've lost a few pounds I think I can eat a burger or whatever I want...because I'm losing, right? Gah. That's why I never got ahead. I'm trying so hard to stay at it tho. This time, I feel like I can do it. One bad day is no reason to fall completely off the wagon!

jendiet
08-25-2011, 01:48 AM
ok, I left the house at 2:30pm and got back at 9 pm. whoa. Well, I took stuff back, and used the money to go shopping but DIDN'T COME OUT AHEAD. I feel bewildered and even more stressed now. Do you ever get back and ask yourslef "what the the HECK DID I BUY???" gah.

m3-hahahha a nutritionist WOULD NEVER recommend IF. I say if you are doing well on it, why change hun? as long as you are getting enough vitamins and minerals...IF will not hurt you in any way.,

shalyn, I think it really is teeth. So I bought some teethers things, but I think I got duped. I should have gone with the frozen waffle idea, I'm just not crazy about him chunking pieces of it off. One bad day, is NOT going to undo all of your hard work.

myturn, I appreciate the advice, but I am not in any way going to mess with my hormones any more than they are--I don't want to take stuff. I put on some praise music, and that is like ZOLOFT to me. I actually felt better and got the stuff taken apart and packed. I am so glad your daughter is making more progress. I pray for the pain to go, and for her to have optimal function in those knees.

Ok 7 hours of running around? what does that burn. I did most of my shopping with Thomas in my arms, and did quite a bit of lifting and shifting...and bending down with him in my arms, and back up...great for my legs I'm sure. I also bought one of those body cycles, I figured since I sit on the couch and watch shows why not cycle, still deciding whether I like it or not.

jendiet
08-25-2011, 02:37 AM
ok, just did 1 mile equiivalent on a body cycle. yay. broke my rutt. I feel good. no sweating, but it's something.

jitterfish
08-25-2011, 04:17 AM
M3 - I agree with Jen, no nutritionist is going to recommend IF because that is not they way they are trained. They tend to still believe that everyone should eat 5 small meals. If IF is working, the stick with it until your body needs a shake up and then try something different. As long as that weight comes off (net loss over time not necessarily every weigh in) you're doing good.

2sw33t
08-25-2011, 09:02 AM
@jendiet - yay on the broken rutt! :ebike:

@shalyn - it does sound like a bad day of carbs, but you're right - you can do it this time, get back on that wagon and keep going! It was just a little bump in the road that bounced you off the wagon - but fortunately, the wagon stopped and waited for you to climb back on!

@ItsMyTurn - glad to hear your daughter is recovering, and good for you for insisting on a restful weekend for her!

@m3rma1d - I would echo what jen and jitter said, you don't have to change your eating plan just because your nutritionist doesn't know what IF is - you make the decisions because you have to live with the results

@dogdays - I wish I could say I'm building muscle, but it's been months since I exercised. I was going to wait until my company gym opened up, but who knows when that'll be? I think I'm going to start going back to the gym I have a membership to, though I still have to wait until my ankle recovers a little more from spraining it last week

Anyway, hope everyone has a great OP day! :)

shadowmom74
08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Yea! 2 posts in 1 week, y'all must be blessed!!! :)

Welcome, 2sw33t! (your name reminds me of the song in chitty chitty bang bang!)

Jen, sleep does do wonders! I know it will come back to you and you will feel more normal! Now I'm gonna have to look into this body cycle, it sounds very interesting!

Itsmy, even older kids need to be "grounded" sometimes! ;) I'm glad shed doing better, I wish her the best recovery!

Shalyn, it's just one day! What matters is what you do the next day. Also, when I deprive myself from favorites, that's when I tend to start stuffing my face. I love hamburgers (so does DH, so he wants one all the time). Every now and then, I'll give in and have half of one. Or a salmon burger, love them! One thing we can't have in the house: cake. A lil nibble here, 'small' slice there... 400 extra calories later.... Ugh! Oh well, better to have loved and lost, right?!

Well, this morning, after 3 Mondays in a row of sitting at 201... Finally! I see 200!! Hopefully by Monday it will be under 200!!!

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 03:00 PM
shalyn - Don't allow discouragement to overtake you - you soo deserve the effort it takes to keep moving forward! You have already gone more than 14Lbs and that is HUGE! If you have one bad day, brush yourself off, and start again...and this time, you just start closer to finish line cause you already made progress!!!! I am so proud of you for keeping it up!!!

Jen - I am so glad you found something to feel better to - music praising Him is always a good choice! :D Wow... so many hours of running around...with the baby even... I sure do think you got your cardio and strength workouts in with that one!!! :D

shadowmom - I so hate saying no to DD though since she is still the "new kid" in school and tries so very hard - but I figure I am not much of a parent if I don't insist on what's best for her health either. I totally understand her desire for normalcy ... it's been so very long for her... but I also know all of her goals and can't just let her throw them away by permanently damaging more of herself to do foolish things either. Super yay on your weight loss!!!! Your patience has paid off and now you are watching numbers drop again!!! And.. to top off... you are right on the borderline, literally, of Onederland!!!! How exciting!!!!

For me... got my ride home last night, took DD to physical therapy, got home in time for Big Brother (I am such an addict), then upstairs to hit the gym for upper body and core workout :) I am thinking since some of my medical stuff is in serious flare right now, that tonight will be my rest night from fitness to give me a chance to recover a bit :D I like being 100% me :)

jitterfish
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Ye-haw! Weighed in this morning and got 88.4kg (194.9lb). That's just over 2lbs lost this week I really needed to see that.

@ MyTurn what sort of core work do you do? I need to start doing core stuff I have such a weak midsection but I just HATE core work. Perpetuating the cycle.

@ ShadowMom congrats on being so close, you'll be jumping over that line in no time

shalyn
08-25-2011, 04:05 PM
ItsMyTurn, shadowmom & 2sw33t- thanks for words of encouragement. Today was much better. Not exactly on plan as I'd like, but better. I was up a pound this morning and I still feel all bloated from all that pasta and bread yesterday! Didn't get to exercise today and if my schedule for the next few days stays the same it might be Tuesday before I get to walk again but I will try to sneak in some Zumba when no one is looking.

Jitterfish- great job on the 2 lb loss!

ItsMyTurn- I think one night of rest wouldn't hurt, especially if medical problems are involved! You don't want to hurt yourself!

Shadowmom- yay on seeing 200!! Soooo close to onderland! Can you taste it!?!!

Has anyone ever had any experience, good or bad, with any of the Full Bar products? I'd like to hear anything you have to say about them!

Have a great night everyone!

jendiet
08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
jitter, yay on the 194! 2lbs in a week is awesome!

shalyn, one day of refeeding is actually recommended. just stay moving, if you can't get in an actual workout just move. that burns calories too. They actually say ---- NEAT It's called Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT), which is basically any movement that isn't intended as exercise. You can burn an extra 100-150 calories an hour by increasing NEAT is better than nothing. Actually that is a good slogan "NEAT is better than nothing." I'm just going to remind myself I'm moving--so that is better than sitting on the couch.

myturn, I actually love core work, but the abdominals are killer. I have the Gold's gym minitramp workout, and she does a freaking ab shredder. But, I am going to do it today. I love pilates for core work more than anything.

shadowmom, yeah, cake and me are not the best of friends either. Congrats on the 200. You have skin cell--soon to be a toe--in ONEderland!!!!

Sw33t, the last thing you want to do is lose muscle. So lift something, keep them conditioned, very very basic things keep you from losing muscle...

I think the rice constipated my little man, he hasn't pooped all day :(. What did I do? He's been cranky still, and nothing is helping. I am still liking the cycle thing. it's sad, cuz I have a wonderful exercise bike, that doesn't get used, because it is not very comfortable, and it's a chore to drag out of the closet, and put it back. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to a pawn shop or something...I keep thinking, the smaller I get the more I will want to burn, and I will pull it out out of desperation. I don't know though.

Today was a good weigh in. 191.4. I don't know WTH the 195s came from, but I don't know if I should keep them as an indicator of my weight loss or just make a note of the high weights and the circumstances surrounding them??? what would you do. I'm so close to the 190.s--those 195s will put me higher for my next weekly avg. Oh yeah, I fit a skirt suit that is a 14 petite. It is a little tight on my belly and boobs, but pretty much fits. So I guess I am a size 14.

The definition in my legs is awesome though. I love it. I know everyone thinks I have nice legs, but I used to have killer dancer legs, I want them back.

I need prayer, my mojo to clean the house is broken. Especially when I took the dog for a walk because he usually stays in the kennel all day, and he whines so awful. I walked him down the road to a friend's house...and he tried to poop in the yard. I yanked him away. I took him to the side of the road, didn't poop. Walked him back home, didn't poop. Put him in the house, and let him stay out of the kennel while I watered the yard. HE FREAKING SHAT EVERYWHERE IN MY ROOM!!!! I think it is really disgusting, and I am terribly paranoid of crap because of worms--which I didn't see thank God...but my room looks disgusting and I can't walk round barefoot. Of course I cleaned it up, but just the thought is so disgusting. I yelled and RANTED at the dog. And then I just look at my room in disgust. Plus, I think I am getting a migraine.

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
jitter - I have a total gym, and one of the add-ons I got was the ab crunch bars.... along with that, the AbCore workout... all I can say is "ouch". BUT... it uses and incline which take a percentage of your body weight to use as resistance and I am all the way up on level 4 now and seriously seeing reshaping results... totally worth it! Then on my "off days" from strength, I do a full ab series on the floor after my elliptical workout (while muscles are all warmed up) and that's killer too :) I simply LOVE seeing progress though... I go one more rep, one more set, or look in the mirror to see my actual shape I had at one time is coming back! :O So yes, I think they are killer... I have a hard time to get going honestly...but... once IN the workout, I am totally stoked off adrenaline, results, and pride in what I am doing :) Which makes me push more and succeed more. The AbCrunch workout also works the lats, the lower back, the middle of the back (and I HAD issues with lower back before doing this), etc... the whole core :) Yay for being 2Lbs down!!!! That is so great!!!! You get to sit and look at the declining numbers!!! Woohoo!!!

Jen - I am not familiar with the Gold's gym minitramp workout... but if it works, you feel it, and you like it... it has to be a winner!!! I also have the Pilates video for my total gym with attachments to help, but have yet to break that out yet... I have heard all good things about the Pilates as far as stretching is concerned too. I tend to focus on strength/endurance and then lose flexibility in the process... I should bust that open and check it out. Sorry to hear of the stunt your dog pulled... sometimes our pets behave just like children

shalyn - A good workout with Zumba will get your heart rate up for sure! :) It doesn't hurt to miss out on exercise every now and then to confuse your system either :D And I totally agree and will do the night off tonight. DH said he will make the stir-fry for supper so we can eat as a family (usually I will do a salad or something after my workout, but don't make the family wait on me) to help encourage me to take the night off... he says I should take a nice cool bath, get my jammies on early (take away the temptation of movement, lol), have supper with the family, and just relax tonight. You know what? For once, I think that man may be on to something! LOL!

jitterfish
08-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Ok weekend goal for me then is to make sure I do a core work out. You guys have talked me in to it! Might pull out the pilates DVD today if both kids go for a nap at the same time (haha dreams are free)

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 10:00 PM
jitter - Yay for getting on the "core" bandwagon!!!!! I hope you get a chance to do one over the weekend! Also... dreams are free, yes... but... sometimes dreams really do come true too! LOL! Ya never know! ;)

jendiet
08-26-2011, 12:39 AM
i DID get a migraine, but took meds and prayed for it to go away. It did. So I went ahead and did a few pilates moves. Bought the replacement minitramp, and the darned dvd didn't work out of the box. oh well. my friend didn't show AGAIN. I'm just going to do it on my own. I started jogging for a warm up before I did the resistance portion of the dvd, and the dvd doesn't work...so I finished with some mod. pushups, tricep dips, squats, planks, wind mills, and that was it. My pedometer says I walked the equivalent of 6.57 miles. I did 1/2 a mile with the cycle, and a few minutes of jogging.

So excited to get into the 180s, but I remember the stall. I am so close though...I'm going to push through. Last time I got to the 170s--stalled, gained to 183, and then got pregnant...lol..this time I am going ALL THE WAY TO 145.

jitter, yay for core.

myturn, yes, I think you need a rest.

jendiet
08-26-2011, 02:27 AM
ok that is the 2nd time I worked out. I finished out my pedometer on 8.05 miles. 1 mile was jogging. That is equivalent to 16, 987 steps on the pedm.I am really serious about getting out of the 180s fast. So I think I will give myself a goal of jogging 1 mile fasted every day, and getting at least 5 miles of activity in.

jitterfish
08-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Just did 30min cardio boxing, some floor work to work on my core and I've got that nice post-workout feeling. *tmi moment* I'm also planning some great sex tonight, not sure if that is an exercise option of the various places I log my exercise -LOL-

Speaking of logging, what does everyone use? Do you record what you do, or wing it?

I log on my phone (app called noom, does calories, exercise and weight), and I'm a beta tester on a weight loss site so log there as well. I use to write it down but the joy of phone is I can do it the moment I exercise at the gym, ditto for food. It even reminds me lol

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Jen - Sorry about the migraine. Those are the worst. Glad it went away though. Sounds like you have your plan in place to bust through your stall when it hits :) You go girl!

jitter - I wasn't logging until this week. I started using Myfitnesspal on the computer. They have an app for phones too, but since I am in the stone age with no cell phone, I just rely on my computer :)

m3rma1d
08-26-2011, 10:26 AM
So, I changed the battery in my scale and it all of a sudden had me 6 lbs heavier!
Of course, I popped the old battery back in, and DAMN still says I am 6 lbs heavier! WTF??

I am >thisclose< to teetering on the edge of saying "screw it".... I did not need THIS!

Edit: Nevermind, moved it to the carpet and back to where it should be. No, that's not cheating, I started on the carpet I'll end on the carpet.

m3rma1d
08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I really should be in NJ helping my boyfriend at the Red Cross for Hurricane Irene.... Tomorrow is our 3 year anniversary, I really want to be with him and instead I am all the way up in Maine doing nothing. UGH!!!!

2sw33t
08-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Had a good moment this morning when I got on the scale and it said about 214 (hard to tell exactly since it's analog, but it was definitely less than halfway between 210 and 220).

Then I got to work and started paying bills, since I got paid today. Water and electric bill is insane - water usage at more than 5x what it was two months ago due to a leak and malfunctioning toilet. A monthly donation came out of one of my accounts yesterday, leaving me with a $34 insufficient funds fee. Now I don't have enough to sign up DD for her early fall gymnastics session. I'm going to start selling plasma tomorrow... at least that's one thing being a higher weight is good for. *sigh*

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 01:38 PM
m3 - If you want to go and you think you could be a help, then go for it.. if scheduling won't allow though, then don't beat yourself up... you are with him in spirit :)

2sw33t - I totally understand where you are at. Financial woes are being shared with by me right now and no idea how to even get the food for the kids for the next week...hoping we have enough reserves in cupboards to get them through. Somehow there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to get to the end of the tunnel to greet it :) Stay strong and know you are not alone on that battle either.

jendiet
08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
ugh, finanances. Right now I am still living off school loans, but that will end and I pray to God that I have a good job by then.

m3, that is sweet your boyfriend is there, I'm sorry you are not there with him, but like myturn said, you are there for support. well, you should not weigh on the carpet because it messes the function, but you are still down the amount of lbs you lost if not the weight you thought you were. So keep going.

myturn, I am praying your financial situation turns around too. It is a good thing our father owns a cattle on a thousand hills.

sw33t, that is hard hun. I am praying that you get in a better financial situation.

well, still busting my butt to get this place clean,Thomas actually played quietly for a few minutes, thanks to the toys I bought him.

that is why I am worried about finances, I want to get him nice things and spoil him but I can't, and if I do, we are short. So it kind of sucks. I shouldn't complain. Well, I am having scale woes it seems I am just heavier during the day up until the afternoon--when I don't eat. So I am back at 193.4. I am sure I will bust out of this though. I read the other threads about the 180s and 170s and it really inspired me to see the people getting out of the threads.I jogged for 1.14 miles and that was 20 min. I got the kitchen almost completely clean and have been whittling away at the other rooms inch by inch. My pedi says I walked 6.22 miles already. I have been going for 4hrs :20 min. back to the chopping block.

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Jen - thank you so much hon, but honestly, somehow we will make it through the rough time, always do... as you know, He always provides..and the sources can be so unexpected :)
You are on fire! Look at all you are accomplishing!!! :O That's a productive day for sure!!! I am so proud of you! It sure does help when the kids find a way to amuse themselves to free us up a moment :)

Pickle27
08-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Ladies,

I haven't had a chance to read back yet so sorry for the lack of personals. We've been away camping for the past week and spent yesterday at Legoland which was just amazing! I haven't been great on the old food front in that I haven't lost any weight but equally considering we were in a tent and not cooking properly I'm weirdly pleased with that. The plum trees in my garden are more or less finished so I think I'll switch from low GI to low carb. I know that works for me and as long as I exercise it will be fat I lose not muscle. I've got 2 classes booked for next week - Zumba and Spinning and I'm planning on at least one gym trip too.

Please help me to do this ladies. I have to do this, if not for me then for my children.

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Pickle - Great to hear from you! I have wanted to take my kiddos to Legoland for the last 6 yrs... still waiting for the chance :) That sounds like a blast! To be honest, to have no cooking as an option, I say you did pretty darn good not gaining!!! How awesome! You can do this... you have the goals set, you have your mind on it... now just have to have the perseverence to get through it :D

shalyn
08-26-2011, 07:15 PM
m3- I find I weigh more when I put the scale on the carpet. Kooky scales!

Pickle- Mmmm plums. Sounds like you have a plan, that is so important! You can do it!

Jen- Thanks for the info, I wondered about "refueling". I think I may have overdone it tho. Are you doing an online college? I've been looking for a good one. What are you studying?

2sw33t- money sucks! Stuff like that always happens at the wrong time! :mad:

Weigh in this morning was 205.4. For lunch, I had a burger :burger: and only ate 5 fries that came with it. I made soup and baked fish and salad for dinner and plan to not eat past 7. I still feel really unmotivated but trying so hard to be reasonable with the food. Considering I went from around 600g carbs a day to 100-150, I think I'm doing better than I think. I think I'm just a little disappointed to not see my weight moving as much as I thought I would. I did lose 1.5" in my waist since last week tho! Today I bought new capris size 18 and they fit well. Usually 18's are a little tight on me. So that's pretty exciting too.

Does anyone use PlexusSlim?

shadowmom74
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
<--- LOOK!!!

Today I hit 199! That is 45 lbs lost... and 1 pound away from losing 20% of my starting weight. ***Sigh***

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 08:57 PM
<--- LOOK!!!

Today I hit 199! That is 45 lbs lost... and 1 pound away from losing 20% of my starting weight. ***Sigh***
Super yay!!!! :dance:

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Weigh in this morning was 205.4. For lunch, I had a burger :burger: and only ate 5 fries that came with it. I made soup and baked fish and salad for dinner and plan to not eat past 7. I still feel really unmotivated but trying so hard to be reasonable with the food. Considering I went from around 600g carbs a day to 100-150, I think I'm doing better than I think. I think I'm just a little disappointed to not see my weight moving as much as I thought I would. I did lose 1.5" in my waist since last week tho! Today I bought new capris size 18 and they fit well. Usually 18's are a little tight on me. So that's pretty exciting too.

Does anyone use PlexiSlim?

Super yay for your NSV!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! To wear comfortably, the clothes you couldn't before, is a hugely wonderful feeling! Congrats! :carrot:

jendiet
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
pickle, you must have burned so many calories with the kiddos! Sounds like fun.

Shadowmom. Love your avatar, look at those beautiful clavicles. I think that is one of the classiest things on a woman--her clavicles. I think they accentuate a pretty bust, and I think you got that going for you. You hit onderland!!!!

myturn, yes the sources are always unexpected. He likes to show off :)

shalyn, great NSV. I know what you mean. I got a pair of 12s I was wearing back in 2007, and I put them on every week. I can button them, but they are still painfully tight. I think the best thing is feeling your clothes get loose. You KNOW you are getting smaller in a good way.

afm: I have been doing activity like crazy, but after 3pm, I stopped being productive. I just kind of fiddled here and there. I got 9.48 miles on the pedi and still going that is 20, 021 steps. It has been 9 hrs on my feet, and I'm weirdly just hyper. I did eat icecream and chocolate--got rid of my migraine. 9 hrs and 17 min on my feet. My pedi says I burned 955 calories in activity. I'm sure that is about right.

ItsMyTurn
08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Jen - you have just totally been on the go! Wow! Way to be! I have been sitting on my butt most of the time since I got home. DH made me a salad for supper...yummy! In a bit, we are going to play pool and then go swimming in our pool :) Looks like a themed night, LOL

shalyn
08-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys!

Shadowmom- awesome job & great pics!

jitterfish
08-27-2011, 03:59 AM
@Shadowmom woohoo, awesome!

@Everyone oh yeh money sucks. DH decided to do a business venture which left us strapped for cash, especially because then we had to put my cat down [big sad face] and we have extra bills coming out this month so I'm slightly stressed. Life continues to get more expensive and salaries don't seem to be following suit. Still I know we are luckier than many so trying to stay positive.

Ok so bad day for me, the candy that has been sitting there is now gone. And then there was a chocolate chip muffin. Ah well, sometimes it happens, not going to dwell. But man I ate a lot of candy (and yanno what it wasn't even that good but I kept eating -LOL-).

I hate grading papers, I always eat bad when I grade papers and I need to get out of that habit and not use it as an excuse! I still have more than 80 papers to grade and there is no way I'm going to eat crap for the rest of them (I'm only about 1/4 of the way there).

jendiet
08-27-2011, 07:37 AM
jitter, hun, I don't envy you. You are doing a task that requires constructive criticism, and basically determines someone's fate. A bad grade is a real downer. However, think about the way you are helping your students. If they didn't get the criticism, they would never grow. I would take all the candy out of your house while you are NOT grading. That would help with your trigger. Get a big crunchy apple instead. You probably are trying to release tension through your jaws--and candy really works for that.

myturn, yeah, been spinning my wheels, this better accomplish something! You sound like you had a good night!

shalyn, you are doing a good job too.

super frustrated and hating the scale right now. I have to remember, I used to weigh at 4pm, after fasting all morning....and this weight is at 5 am. 194.8.

something has got to give. I am going to be super careful with my carbs today and limit them to 150 again. I also am going to lay down with the baby, and then get up and do some light cardio again. Lunch is going to be low carb, and then we have some errands to run. My window will be from 2 to 10pm again.

goal 1: 2 loads of laundry. fold and put up
goal 2: finish cleaning living room
goal 3: bedroom
goal 4: start paper
goal 5: 150 carbs

m3rma1d
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Getting ready for a big pinball tournament today... Everyone brings a dish, I made my famous chipotle deviled eggs...
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305174_2334695772725_1409733153_2809366_2452337_n. jpg
mmmmmm spicy!

A bit scared 'cos there will be a TON of food there, and well.. certain extra circular activities that will lead to a bad case of the munchies..! But oh well, that's life! I gotta learn how to live it.

I'm excited/nervous, this is my first time entering in a REAL tournament.

Today makes 3 years that I've been with my boyfriend.. He's in NJ dealing with the hurricane crap, and I am stuck up here. They're very short-staffed, I shoulda just said "eff it" and gone down on Thursday. I was gonna take a bus down (I don't drive), but I would just get stranded in NY 'cos the buses into NJ have stopped. So I will prolly go down after the storm 'cos a lot of help will still be needed.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my from the other night:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316266_2331603015408_1409733153_2806500_6116583_n. jpg
I can see a TINY bit of loss, finally.

jendiet
08-27-2011, 04:56 PM
m3, you are so cute and I love your hair!!! You look great. I can't really tell much because that outfit is alot different from your other one, but I think your legs are slimmer. Are you sure we don't carry our weight the same? Those deviled eggs look delish. Have fun at your tournament. Try not to munch too much!

afm: I did 2 miles of jogging on the rebounder, and then I cycled for a little bit while watching a movie with DS. I need to check myself with the carbs though. I started to get a migraine again. If I eat icecream really fast and take some pain killer--I can sometimes stop it in its tracks. So i've had 1/2 cup icecream and 1 pc of chocolate in the carb dept.

ItsMyTurn
08-27-2011, 06:55 PM
jitter - sorry to hear of the candy attack during your grading. Hope your stress level doesn't increase as the year goes on

Jen - Great job on the exercise! You are doing amazingly well!!!! I hope your method worked to keep the migraine at bay?

m3 - good luck at your pinball tourney

AFM - swam last night after dark :) The water felt so great! This morning the hubster went for a bike ride with me. We ended up exploring a new path then usual and learned a bunch about our housing development :) Win-win! Got an amazing surprise, enough money showed so we could actually get some healthy groceries (with coupon shopping of course) and have a ton of veggies and such in the house to get us through again. YAY! Going to hit my elliptical later.. for now, waiting for my food to settle. I had some cereal for the first time in MONTHS.. had vanilla almond milk for the first time and I simply love it! :) Hope everyone else is having a productive and wonderful weekend!

jendiet
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
the headache did go away. I never get brain freeze. When I eat really cold things, it helps my migraine disappear.

I had a day today, but I got the exercise in. I did not get my goals accomplished, I think I'm going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow.

yay for healthy groceries myturn.

jitterfish
08-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Jen you're right about the stress of grading - I'm currently having to deal with two students that have cheated. I have to decide how hard to be, regulations say basically I should be kicking them out of the whole course but we have a bit of flexibility, so I've been sitting here trying to make up my mind. I took the rest of the candy over to my sisters today LOL. I normally don't have a whole lot in the house, I'm never strong willed.

M3 you look awesome. I love seeing people's pics, so inspiring. On another site I visit some guy posted a pic of a 220lb loss, he still has around 110lbs to go apparently but man I was like dude you've lost more than what I weigh now, you are the man!

shalyn
08-28-2011, 10:10 AM
m3- you and those deviled eggs look amazing! :)

Forgive my lack of more personals, I'm doing this from my phone.

I've been going back and forth between the same 3 lbs for over a week. 207 to 204. I can't seem to get below 204. Maybe when I start walking again on Tuesday? But that didn't do it before. I have not been able to excersice since Thursday because I have 2 sick babies!
My eating has been so-so. I haven't been keeping track, just trying to be reasonable. It sounds like that would be the reason I'm not losing, but even when I was OP I wasn't losing. Could I be in a maintenance phase already?? Guess I'll have to kick it into high gear for that extra push over 204. I'm just so close to Onderland!

Edited to add: I just measured my waist and I'm down another inch! That's a total of 2.5" since I first measured a week ago!

ItsMyTurn
08-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Jen- I am so glad your headache took a hike :) It's so awesome you have figured out a way to cut those off!

jitter - so sorry you have to deal with those students that cheated. That has to be a tough situation for you.

shalyn - the loss of inches is proof that stuff is happening even is the scale refuses to tell you so!!! Keep up the work and know it WILL pay off :)

I did do the bike ride with the hubster yesterday morning, then later on went on the elliptical for 45 mins (resistance 3, incline 15).... then at 9pm, I had extra energy and husband talked me into using it for the gym (apparently I was chatty, lol)... so did full body workout on gym too! :P Yay for energy

my2cats
08-28-2011, 11:39 AM
So this morning I woke up at 202.. woohoo! I was worried because I went on a bit of a drinking binge to celebrate a coworker finding a new job earlier this week, and I know I drank a ton of calories (margaritas, martinis, oy). But.. still down 2 pounds. :)

AND I tried on my Sz 14 jeans this morning and THEY FIT. I'm so excited - I was holding out for 199 before trying them on but just couldn't wait any longer! This means I suddenly have a lot more clothes to wear (because I've been 14 most of my life). Thank god! I was down to about 4 pairs of Sz 16 jeans. :lol:

Shalyn, I hear you about being so close to Onederland! We can do it :)

m3rma1d
08-28-2011, 11:52 AM
The team I was on came in 2nd place outta 9 teams! That means I got a cash prize!
WHOOHOO!
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299662_2337538763798_1409733153_2813461_5545292_n. jpg

I ate 2 bowls of chili, 1 taco, 4 of my chipotle deviled eggs, 2 Drake's Funny Bones (OMG MY FAVE, whoever brought those is my hero), 2 mini cupcakes, and I drank 1 Twisted Tea.
I think I did pretty good, considering I wanted to eat the entire table of goodies. :D