Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 4''

Default What do you usually eat for lunch?

I am pretty sure what I eat for lunch, a sandwich, is too carby. In need of suggestions for a healthy lunch

P.S. When I find my answer in a thread, how do I delete it?
Mashy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I eat a small portion of leftover meat from the previous supper and a large, leafy green salad
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I love this thread, lol. I usually eat a big salad with lots of veggies and a protein source: egg whites (scrambled) on the side or tuna, salmon or grilled chicken/turkey on top of the salad greens. And of course, a glass of water to go along with it.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Baggie of mixed baby carrots, radish slices and cherry tomatoes
Fat Free Greek yogurt
Turkey sandwich on a Deli Flat
Banana or grapes
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4''

Oh the salad with chicken sounds good right now xD
Mashy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #6  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I like bringing a bean salad... it's super easy, cheap, and keeps me full for a long time. Today I have some leftover chickpea salad with red onions, lots of chopped parsley, some cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper... I think that's it. You could try cannellini beans with a similar dressing and some tuna. I'll also pack a piece of fruit and some cucumber or carrots.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Mashy50: I forgot to add that sometimes besides the salad I have a baked sweet potato with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Delicious. The supermarket by me sells them individually shrink-wrapped and all I do is microwave them on high for 8 minutes. It makes it so easy to prepare them. Hope this helps.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

On plan, I have 1/2 Ezekiel pita stuffed with some type of protein (leftover chicken, tuna, hard boiled egg whites, etc.) and maybe some lettuce or spinach. I like something crunchy on the side, which can be anything from potato chips (not the best choice), veggie sticks or a dill pickle.

Other on plan options I sometimes eat are: cottage cheese and a handful of almonds or walnuts, leftover turkey chili, a leftover turkey or bison burger plus a crunchy side (see above), or a big salad (not my first choice but an option if my dad takes me out to lunch).

Off plan, sky's the limit, lol. Most commonly leftover pizza or a ham sub.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

smaller microwaved sweet potato, chicken thigh, some leafy greens sprinkled with 1 tbsp cheese
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Generally one of these options:

Big salad - small tin of chick peas, carrot or two, tomato, various bits and bobs such as a couple of olives and some raisins, olive oil and lemon juice for dressing. I went through a spinach salad phase the other month too.

Miso soup - 1/4 cup (dry) Thai red rice, carrot, mushroom, a few snow peas or a head of pak choi, bit of wakame seaweed, about 1/2 cup diced tofu, sprinkle of sesame seeds, miso paste to make into soup, sometimes ginger purée.

Western soup - vegetable soup of some sort e.g. butternut squash and lentil, generally involving pulses. A slice of wholemeal bread with houmous or almond butter. A small salad, e.g. diced cucumber and tomato.

Stuffed pepper - current favourite stuffing is corn, kidney beans, onion, tomato, mushrooms, and I have about ten of these sitting in the freezer as they're easy to cook in bulk. Then I do something like dice about a quarter or so of a cucumber, sprinkle a bit of olive oil and salt on it, and that's my side salad. Believe it or not, this is the lowest calorie lunch of the lot.

I'm an evening person and get gradually hungrier throughout the day, so I lunch fairly lightly.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

I usually have the same thing for conveinience. I'm going primarily gluten and dairy free, but I don't follow it at lunch. I have a sandwhich, wholemeal bread, 1 slice cheese, beetroot, tomato, cucumber, carrot, alfalfa and one or two boiled eggs on the side. I also have green tea. No spreads or dressing or sweeteners.
I usually eat the same thing each day. Depends if you're more concerned about losing weight or having a variety. Eat to live, not live to eat, right? ha
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #12  
Forty IS Fabulous!!

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I usually eat a sandwich on a deli flat and fruit or greek yogurt.
Mariposa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

I eat almost the same thing everyday!

3 corn tortillas lightly grilled stuffed with fat free refried beans, green chilies and low fat mozzarella cheese topped with hot sauce.
Filing, satisfying and soooo delicious!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #14  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Since (re)joining WW, I pretty much have a salad daily Mon-Fri because it is the easiest thing to do. I don't have to think twice about it. Veggies are always constant, and the only thing I change out is the protein. Sometimes I will bring my salad, and go get a scoop of tuna and add it. When I do that, I don't add any dressing. Since WW wants 2 healthy oils per day, I generally have EVVO on my salad. On the occasion that I am running late or failed to plan, there is a subway in the building. I get a 6 incher, no dressing, loaded with veg, and toss out half the bread. I think if I allowed myself to mix up my lunches more, I'd not do so well. Keep it simple works for me.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #15  

Right now I'm drinking a shake for breakfast & lunch. But when I'm not doing shakes one of my favorite lunches was tuna salad with celery sticks. I used the celery sticks to scoop up the tuna. Delish!!
kjsspot is offline   Reply With Quote