Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat- Thursday, August 4

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat- Thursday, August 4

M0vingon
08-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

M0vingon
08-04-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm up and at it- posting early today because we'll be leaving for our road trip soon. I have my food packed, veggies chopped, I'm ready (IP-wise) to go. The other stuff, well maybe not so much :)
I'm sure I'll be online at some point in the next week, but until then have a great week everyone! I look forward to hearing all about everyone's success! :D

JoLoMN
08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Wishing everyone a 100% OP day today!

I've been off the scale for 2 weeks (except coaches scale) and have never been happier or less stressed about how all of this is working.

Looking forward to all your WI and NSVs today!

Jo

Bling
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm officially on day one of my 2 weeks vacation and I"m also getting ready for a road trip to Newfoundland visiting family. My WI is tonight, I"ve lost 20lbs so far since mid June, but getting nervous about our trip. I've been making a list on what I can bring to eat. We had to do an overnighter on a ferry boat to get there and all day car ride. There will be so many temptations there. My mother in law is a great cook and we will be eating out also. So I"ve planned daily hiking trips because I know Its going to be hard for me. I haven't had any alcool since and I would like to be able to enjoy a glass of wine in the eveings with family. So I won't let myself get down when I return and if I weigh more, I"ve been doing pretty good so far but will do my best to straighten the road if I veer off track while I"m there. wish me luck

Pxlkitty4
08-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks MovingON for starting the daily thread.

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.

The lifeguard asked if we were both ok. I said "Dylan, are you ok?" He coughed twice and was fine... We were both a little shaken up. It made me realize that I am SO thankful to be doing a program that is making me healthier. Not that I couldn't have fished him out 50lbs ago, but I sure was FAST... The lifeguard then asked if I was ok, and I replied "Yes, I am fine. This is why I am never more than 2ft away from him in the pool"... Everyone laughed.

EDITING -- my knee started hurting around 9pm. I realized that I had tweaked it somehow when I turned/jumped simultaneously, and only started hurting after the adrenaline had stopped. It's ok today, but I know THAT would have hurt a whole lot more 50lbs ago.

cadenlevi
08-04-2011, 09:17 AM

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.

The lifeguard asked if we were both ok. I said "Dylan, are you ok?" He coughed twice and was fine... We were both a little shaken up. It made me realize that I am SO thankful to be doing a program that is making me healthier. Not that I couldn't have fished him out 50lbs ago, but I sure was FAST... The lifeguard then asked if I was ok, and I replied "Yes, I am fine. This is why I am never more than 2ft away from him in the pool"... Everyone laughed.

I'm so glad you are both okay!!!! My son did that at about his age and it was scary!!!

Today is my "Friday" at work and tomorrow is the dreaded WI #5. I have been extra cautious this week since several people have small setbacks on WI #5. I guess I will see tomorrow if it paid off! I am really enjoying my new food from Nashua. So far, everything has tasted fantastic! I had the chocolate drink yesterday for lunch and it tasted just like the fat free chocolate milk I buy my kiddos. For my snack I had the Caramel crunch bar - I was in choclate/caramel heaven :D. This weekend is going to be crazy busy as my kiddos start back to school on Thursday. We are having our Tax Free shopping weekend this weekend so I guess I will fight the crowds and get it all done. Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day (and weekend if I don't get a chance to check back in)!

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Glad he was ok but what a scare! I can't wait to see how easier it is to move around after i lose most of my weight.

I'm on day 4 now of my first week, should I be in ketosis yet? I don't feel any of the signs that would say that I am...:?:

niknakjack
08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Feeling off this week. Not feeling sick though. Like on Monday I was driving to work and then though it was Thursday so I turned around and went to the bank and grocery store to only realize it was really Monday, then I was late for work. I'm having strange dreams and have no energy. I never forget a meal, yesterday I got home and my 3pm shake was still in my bag, I totally thought I drank it. Its not like I am old and getting altimeters I'll be 38 in a couple of weeks. Also i have been getting headaches that really never happent to me at this point of the diet. Been on IP for almost 5 weeks now and have felt good w/the exception of the first week. Maybe I do have a bug or something hope the rest of the week gets better...this morning I can't seem to function though my head feels like its in a daze and I already had a coffee that didn't help much.

Well have a great OP IP Day everyone!

katiebeth7
08-04-2011, 09:49 AM
With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!! :carrot:

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!! ;)

Pxlkitty4
08-04-2011, 09:52 AM
It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!! ;)

Take your own food so that you can still be social. I take little bags of cut up bell peppers, celery, etc., plus a bag of ridges. I watched people eat cookies and pizza in front of me yesterday, and didn't care. I came home to my chicken shawarma and roasted veggies and didn't feel at all deprived.

Oh, there is saying. "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now." That helps me get through...

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Pxlkitty4: Pools are my worst nightmare. I don't leave my kids either and they are 5 and 8. I dread summer when they go to the pool with daycare even though their daycare is my aunt and I know she watches them close.

I had my 6th weigh in this morning. I am only down 1 pound. Seems the woosh fairy got lost on her way here. Maybe by next week she'll be able to find me. I think TOM is gone so she is more than welcome to stop by.

I did lose 4 inches though also so that brought my spirits up a little.

I also brought the "these will never fit me so why am I even keeping them" jeans up from my basement so they are staring me in the face everyday for more motivation. Some of them are bigger sizes than I am in now. So weird. Why can't sizing just be universal?

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh crap, I forgot to tell you another coworker noticed today. And it was another male. Maybe women are just jealous or too scared to comment. ;)

Maile
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Pxlkitty4..What is chicken shawarma? is it in the recipe archives? I am glad you were able to move quickly to grab your son in the water. losing 50 pounds does make a difference.

Its about time.. I like your name..fits me also as it is about time I get these pounds off. I am glad at least the men noticed your loss. People are weird about others losing weight..maybe they feel threatened by it. I have not been at work for two months and return in 2 weeks. It should be interesting to see if anyone notices anything. The clothing size thing is crazy..sizes are by no means universal.

Busymom.you should be in ketosis by now if you are following the plan. Good luck on your first week.

I am up early today..ready to transplant a bamboo plant and to attack weeds in the yard.
Those new dill pickle ridges are great with tuna except that cuts out a snack for me. My scale is not moving but staying the same.

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Take your own food so that you can still be social. I take little bags of cut up bell peppers, celery, etc., plus a bag of ridges. I watched people eat cookies and pizza in front of me yesterday, and didn't care. I came home to my chicken shawarma and roasted veggies and didn't feel at all deprived.

Oh, there is saying. "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now." That helps me get through...

I do the same. I grab a bar if I know there will be dessert or pickles if I know they will have salty and crunchy and most times I can be found with a baggie of cauliflower in my purse because this diet isn't going to slow me down.

I saw that quote on pinterest and had to pin it because it's so great!

calee
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

Congratulations!! Onederland is a very special place to be. Enjoy it along with all the benefits of renewed health that it brings with it. Really take time to acknowledge that it's been a long time since you've been here before.

I so get it about giving yourself a centimeter and taking a foot.... or a mile. I don't think you're unique with that. :)

calee
08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Pxl... I'm so glad that you were fast and got to your son so quickly. I'm glad he's ok and I'm so sorry you tweaked your knee.

I lost 4.6 pounds in W1. My WI was Monday morning. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down less than a pound from Monday. Is this normal? I'm at a weight I haven't seen since 1975. It's been that long since the 140's showed on my scale.
I'm hoping my Nashua Nutrition order shows up today.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us. Thank goodness he is okay, and I hope your knee doesn't bother you too much.

With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!! :carrot:

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!! ;) Like Pxlkitty says bring your own food... even bring like a bar something that will make you not crave any goodies available... I always have a glass of water in my hand so when I want to reach for food I have another drink of water. You could also try eating before you go...
Congrats about onederland, it is such an accomplishment.

Good morning all... I am totally glad it is Thursday even though I only have to work 3 days this week, it was really hard to get out of bed today... could have something to do with my old dog waking me up at 1:30 to come upstairs, and then again at 3 then when I got up at 4:45 to walk her she was downstairs sleeping away on the couch.... just where I want to be, back in the warm bed.
I hope you all have a wonderful OP day, welcome to the newbies, I love this program it is so encouraging and the results are so awesome...

For those of you waiting to see the changes, the wait is worth it, don't stress about the program let it work for you.

MovinOn - have a great trip and thanks for open the chat for today. :cool:

Pxlkitty4
08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Pxlkitty4..What is chicken shawarma?

I get it from a local Lebanese market (they also have restaurants). It's very low in fat and they make it completely from white-meat chicken. Here is a recipe if you are interested. Don't make the sauce. It isn't IP friendly. The place I get it I ask for garlic sauce. It's pureed garlic, lemon, and olive oil. I have a little bit of that and count it as my oil for the day.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-shawarma-10000001816368/

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Maile I also saw it on the IP recipes link: not the real stuff but for phase 1

chicken shawarma

*Prep Time: 5 minutes
*Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
* 3 tbsps of olive oil
* 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
* 3 tbsps garam masala

Directions
*Sprinkle one side of chicken pieces with garam masala and place seasoned side down in hot olive oil.
*Sprinkle top of chicken with more garam masala and saute' for 5 minutes.
*Turn chicken pieces, adding more olive oil as needed, and saute' for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Congratulations, its been 15 years since i've been in onederland and i can't wait to get there!

pselias
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective!

Ishbel
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
So, with a 3 lb loss last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! :D I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!! :hug:

pselias
08-04-2011, 11:14 AM
So, with a 3 lb lose last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! :D I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Way to go, Ishbel!! :carrot:

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
So, with a 3 lb lose last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! :D I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Congratulations!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
So, with a 3 lb loss last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! :D I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Congrats on the 60lbs and only being 10lbs away from your halfway point. I made my 60lbs as well yesterday but still have a lot more to go. It is a great feeling that is for sure.

Good morning everyone, work phone is ringing off of the hook already this morning with delays because of weather...grrrr. That is ok though I work from home so I don't have to get out in it. I think its going to be a pretty good day, going eat my chocolate coconut pudding...yummy! everyone have a fantastic day!

colley
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Good morning all, stepped on that scale this morning to see if it moved back to where it was supposed to be, and it was back to 160.0 (after TOM and bloating finished), now lets hope these 150's come ASAP!

redhead14
08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Happy dance to all with successes big or small!!
NSV last night, spent 5 hours at the local dirt track, wasn't tempted once! People even wanted my vineage/salt chips, no way go drink your beer and eat your fried food....geesh people....HAHA!
Have a wonderful Thursday, we can all see the weekend from here.

sandyh50
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Good morning all! I have relatives here helping to work on the roof! Gosh, we have to work like a dog to beat the storms that are coming tomorrow! My sis in law is so supportive of me on IP so I have not temptations. I am still feeling a little bloated from the cabbage I ate yesterday. Do certain foods bloat you? What do you do about it?

Congrat Ishbel on the 60 pounds! woohoo!
Colley, hope you see the 150's tomorrow!
Pselias, way to go on the baggy pants!

Congrats toanyone I missed on your SV and NSV'S!!

It's going to be a great day like Wuv2bluved said!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!! :hug:Thats great... I was so excited when I got to my half way mark, it is definately worth celebrating.

Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective! That is a very good idea. I think that is why I also kept my outfit from my before and after pictures, as I really wanted to see the change and boy could I... when I tried on the skirt I thought hmmm a little loose but then I put on the shirt and as someone said it looked like I was playing dressup with big girl clothes. Have a great day.

Pauley
08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
My 5 week weigh in went fine yesterday, I was worried for nothing thank goodness. The 180's are so close I can taste them!

Luv2b - chocolate coconut pudding? what's that and where do I get it??

Pxl - I just put my 3yo daughter in swim lessons too. Here in Washington there are lakes and rivers everywhere and I'm terrified of her drowning so I'm making her learn young, as you are. So far she loves it. So glad you got your son out of that pool quick with no issues.

lroderick
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
So yesterday was WI #5 & I lost 3 pounds ! :D I'll take it ... i'm dieing to just get into the 150's, to me it just sounds much better?! My coach told me to beef up on the water, so I even posted a reminder picture on my desk @ work in BIG letters it says "DRINK MORE WATER" hopefully it'll be a reminder to keep chugging!

I ran out of my multi-vitamins this week but my coach told me I can by my own? rather than spending $25, I can get an OTC woman's one a day ... kinda iffy, but if it saves me money ? i'll try it . Also, there is a nutrition place close by, who actually sells packets that are very similar to IP & actually the guy told me its the same makers of IP just different brand ?

SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Hope everyone has a great day! :carrot:

cadenlevi
08-04-2011, 12:08 PM
SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Tomorrow is my WI #5 and my first WI after being on the alternative products for a week. I will try to get on and post my resuts right after I weigh in. Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy with getting a dog to the vet and school clothes shopping for the kiddos. Congrats on your loss!!!!!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
My 5 week weigh in went fine yesterday, I was worried for nothing thank goodness. The 180's are so close I can taste them!

Luv2b - chocolate coconut pudding? what's that and where do I get it??

Pxl - I just put my 3yo daughter in swim lessons too. Here in Washington there are lakes and rivers everywhere and I'm terrified of her drowning so I'm making her learn young, as you are. So far she loves it. So glad you got your son out of that pool quick with no issues.

LOL....chocolate coconut pudding....its the chocolate pudding with coconut flavoring...its DELISH!!!!!

kellyg53
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Good morning all. A brief "catch-up" after being absent for a couple of weeks traveling a few thousand miles and experiencing Israel/Palestine.

Bottom line is that I lost a bit of weight while traveling. I have not been to an official WI, that is tomorrow, but according to my "unofficial" scales I'm down 30 pounds, which is past my half-way point.

Traveling OP was OK many days and impossible for me on other days. If we were eating in our hotel or at most restaurants I could find good food to eat that would keep me OP, although it was hard to resist some of the great food.

When we ate meals in people's homes, I ate what was provided and didn't worry about staying OP - I could not refuse their hospitality, especially given some of their circumstance.

Now I'm back totally OP and enjoying the NSV's of smaller pants, my last notch on my belt and being more fit.

It would have been much more difficult for me to have negotiated all the walking we did, up and down hills and many stairs and the heat if I would have been carrying an extra 30 pounds.

I have to run, but I'll try to do a more thorough update later.

Stay Strong!

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Ok here's a question, i read a couple of days ago that doing IP can affect your TOM...i just started IP this monday and my TOM was only due next thursday but it just started now. Can it affect your body that quickly?

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Ok here's a question, i read a couple of days ago that doing IP can affect your TOM...i just started IP this monday and my TOM was only due next thursday but it just started now. Can it affect your body that quickly?

From what I have read from the post about it...yes

Ishbel
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the support pselias, busymomx4, wuv2bloved and 2riderollercoast....love this forum....the tips and the support for challenges and sucesses are a major part of my weight loss. :)

Bellamack
08-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Feeling off this week. Not feeling sick though. Like on Monday I was driving to work and then though it was Thursday so I turned around and went to the bank and grocery store to only realize it was really Monday, then I was late for work. I'm having strange dreams and have no energy. I never forget a meal, yesterday I got home and my 3pm shake was still in my bag, I totally thought I drank it. Its not like I am old and getting altimeters I'll be 38 in a couple of weeks. Also i have been getting headaches that really never happent to me at this point of the diet. Been on IP for almost 5 weeks now and have felt good w/the exception of the first week. Maybe I do have a bug or something hope the rest of the week gets better...this morning I can't seem to function though my head feels like its in a daze and I already had a coffee that didn't help much.

Well have a great OP IP Day everyone!

I have felt weak, tired and have headaches since starting this diet. Today my stomach is gurgling so loud other people keep looking at me. Hope you get well soon.

pselias
08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Starving for some reason today. Had to break out the PB soy puffs I keep in my desk for emergencies. Maybe I'll just have a super large salad for lunch and no packet so that I can still have a snack tonight.

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
I have felt weak, tired and have headaches since starting this diet. Today my stomach is gurgling so loud other people keep looking at me. Hope you get well soon.

If your tummy is grugling that loud you need to put something in it. Drink some water, eat some lettuce or pickles or eat an extra packet.

Krista7382
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Biggest pet peeve during this diet so far: People bugging you to eat! Unless you are going through or it or have been through it people don't realize how difficult it is! But I love saying no thank you and feeling okay about it!

jordanna
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM

Congrats Ishbel!! 60 lbs is amazing!

Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective!

I kept the outfit I was wearing in my before picture and sometimes I pull the pants out and marvel at how large they are and rejoice in the fact that they won't stay up at all!

WOOHOO congrats for making it in to ONEDERLAND!!

EDITING -- my knee started hurting around 9pm. I realized that I had tweaked it somehow when I turned/jumped simultaneously, and only started hurting after the adrenaline had stopped. It's ok today, but I know THAT would have hurt a whole lot more 50lbs ago.

My husband took his eyes off our two year old for a moment and he went under water and couldn't get back on his feet. I was on the sidelines with our newborn and just had to watch in horror as my husband had to lunge for him....longest few seconds of my life!! Glad your son is okay and you were healthy enough to make sure of it :). Hope your knee gets better soon!

jordanna
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I had the yummiest dinner last night Buffalo Chicken Sliders wrapped in romaine leaves...didn't even miss the bun they were so good!

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. water
1 lb. ground skinless chicken breast
2 1/2 Tbsp. Buffalo wing sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
Cooking spray
8 green-leaf or romaine lettuce leaves
8 tomato slices

Spray large nonstick skillet or ridged pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and water; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are very tender, aout 8 minutes. (my coach said it's fine to 'steam' onions as long as you don't caramelize them)

Transfer to large bowl and let cool 10 minutes. Add chicken breast, Buffalo wing sauce, and salt; mix well. With wet hands, form into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.

BBQ and enjoy :)

jordanna
08-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Starving for some reason today. Had to break out the PB soy puffs I keep in my desk for emergencies. Maybe I'll just have a super large salad for lunch and no packet so that I can still have a snack tonight.

A fourth packet now and again isn't going to hurt you, better than starving :)

YvetteSki
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Had my first WI last night after my initial start. Down 5.2lbs, I haven't been in onederland in years. (I was eating healthy and exercising a lot before I started IP which got me close to onederland but was never able to actually get there) I am so excited. Next goal 189!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

YvetteSki
08-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Recipe sounds yum yum. I'll have to have that tonight. Thank you!

lboogs311
08-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Hi, what is the name of the brand you are getting cheaper? Just curious, I have started some non IP products this week and am really nervous. I want to find something compatible, like you have.
Thanks!

lroderick
08-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi, what is the name of the brand you are getting cheaper? Just curious, I have started some non IP products this week and am really nervous. I want to find something compatible, like you have.
Thanks!

I'm actually not sure, My friend has been using them so she gave my a few to test out, - there in small white packets w/ directions but the brand isn't labeled :( This saturday Im going to buy them for myself, so i'll have to get back to you on the brand name !

Best of luck to you :) & i'll be in touch !

lboogs311
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm actually not sure, My friend has been using them so she gave my a few to test out, - there in small white packets w/ directions but the brand isn't labeled :( This saturday Im going to buy them for myself, so i'll have to get back to you on the brand name !

Best of luck to you :) & i'll be in touch !

Sounds great, thank you! being in the same state, I am hoping I can find some!!!:cool:

wheekers
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Sounds great, thank you! being in the same state, I am hoping I can find some!!!:cool:

I use balanced protein diet. They are white packets

nikkib
08-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Hey don't feel too bad. I have avoided my share of social events also. I have yet to go to a movie. I think I would be ok but I'm not 100% positive yet about that. You are totaly right. It is well worth it in the end :)

wheekers
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
So yesterday was WI #5 & I lost 3 pounds ! :D I'll take it ... i'm dieing to just get into the 150's, to me it just sounds much better?! My coach told me to beef up on the water, so I even posted a reminder picture on my desk @ work in BIG letters it says "DRINK MORE WATER" hopefully it'll be a reminder to keep chugging!

I ran out of my multi-vitamins this week but my coach told me I can by my own? rather than spending $25, I can get an OTC woman's one a day ... kinda iffy, but if it saves me money ? i'll try it . Also, there is a nutrition place close by, who actually sells packets that are very similar to IP & actually the guy told me its the same makers of IP just different brand ?

I've done well on the alternatives. And I buy Walmart brand womans vitamins with the green tea in them

lroderick
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Where are you girls located in MA ? i'm in the Fall River Area :)

Krista7382
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Pxl... I'm so glad that you were fast and got to your son so quickly. I'm glad he's ok and I'm so sorry you tweaked your knee.

I lost 4.6 pounds in W1. My WI was Monday morning. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down less than a pound from Monday. Is this normal? I'm at a weight I haven't seen since 1975. It's been that long since the 140's showed on my scale.
I'm hoping my Nashua Nutrition order shows up today.

Calee: When did you start using alternative products? Any slow down in progress?

cadenlevi
08-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Calee: When did you start using alternative products? Any slow down in progress?

I order from the same place. I started last Sat and have been monitoring my weight daily (I know bad, but I wanted to keep track of my new alternative plan). I am still on track to lose at least 2.5 pounds this week which has been my average since the initial week. Hope this helps :D.

pselias
08-04-2011, 04:21 PM
A fourth packet now and again isn't going to hurt you, better than starving :)

So true! I went ahead and had a vanilla RTD with lunch. I'll have a cappuccino w/ torani sugar free french vanilla for a snack later anyway.

kelly1962
08-04-2011, 04:54 PM
8th week weigh in down 25 lbs and 40 inches!!

lboogs311
08-04-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm in Plymouth!

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 05:08 PM
8th week weigh in down 25 lbs and 40 inches!!

Congratulations!

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm back on program today! You are all doing fabulously!!!!! I'm down 27.4 lbs and 30" since June 6th. I feel wonderful.
I have only just started but I can see what a great support system that you all for eachother and at the same time you give eachother a little kick in the pants when the need arises.
God Bless!!!!

wheekers
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM

I'm in New Bedford. I go to Faunce Corner Nutrition for my alternative stuff.

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Here is something for you to laugh at......I bought some new jeans in a SMALLER size but I'm afraid to wash them!!! It's crazy but I do feel a little anxious about it! Anybody else every feel like that!?

lroderick
08-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm in New Bedford. I go to Faunce Corner Nutrition for my alternative stuff.

Thats were i'm going !! It's good to know it works & is wayyy cheaperrr :) :carrot:

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Have to share this with y'all. My ex came into town today to see the boys. I am in my sketti strap shirt and shorts (my normal around the house wear) and he walked in and said DAMN you are really dropping pounds aren't you? I said yup 60lbs gone now. He said I can tell...I am thinking DUH...you should be able too...lol....I was washing dishes when he walked in. It was a good feeling, I am doing something for ME now and he can't say anything about it....hahah...GO ME....I GOT THIS!!!

redhead14
08-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Have to share this with y'all. My ex came into town today to see the boys. I am in my sketti strap shirt and shorts (my normal around the house wear) and he walked in and said DAMN you are really dropping pounds aren't you? I said yup 60lbs gone now. He said I can tell...I am thinking DUH...you should be able too...lol....I was washing dishes when he walked in. It was a good feeling, I am doing something for ME now and he can't say anything about it....hahah...GO ME....I GOT THIS!!!

You are a ROCK STAR!!!!
You inspire me everyday to stick with it and when I need a pep talk I always find your posts to lift me up! BIG :hug: for being here and walking with all of us thru our own journey while still on yours.

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 06:45 PM

He was probably all, "Damn, wish I hadn't given that up." ;)

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Worked in receiving again so it was go go go. I am beginning to wonder if I am eating enough again. I *think* my weight loss was down due to TOM but I always question everything I do. Here's a normal day.....

7:00- Coffee with a shake mixed in (and some WF caramel)
12:00- Shake and a cucumber. I never measure. Some I know are not 2 cups worth.
5:30-6:60ish- 4oz of meat (I need to up this a little I think.) 2 cups of whatever veggies. (Most of the time I cook my veggies in the oil, not my meat.)
8:00-9:00- Bar (Depends on when I'm going to bed and when I ate dinner.)

That is the same EVERYDAY! I also have no less than 120oz of water.

Last night I didn't want meat so I had 2 boiled eggs on lettuce with cucumber, onion, and WF creamy bacon. That's the first time I've had lettuce in FOREVER.

Some days (but not in the past 2 weeks or so) I have a pickle spear at about 11:00 if water doesn't hold the hunger off.

Should I try upping the meat or keep it how it is? Even fish I normally do about 4oz. Pork 4oz. Chicken I sometimes do 5oz but mainly 4oz. Tonight we are having a pot roast so how many oz should I have?

Scofflaw1
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hello, all. It's been a while, I have had much less opportunity to get online. Just wanted to update :)
I am skipping this week friday-friday with Ideal protein for a few reasons ; I'm going on a family backpacking trip, and there's going to be a LOT of rigorous exercise going on!
And my family will be drinking alcohol and I have decided to join them ...not a whole LOT, but just a little. I'm going to try to maintain the weight that I am on friday so that by next friday's weigh-in, I'll be the same weight so I wont feel so guilty. I'm not buying any packets for the backpacking trip...so I'll have to use my brain and figure out what's going to be good to eat...and just up my calories to match the amount I'll be burning. So Right now I'm 140.8. Maybe I can get down to 140 by tomorrow and then just try to keep it that way! Wish me luck and I probably wont be on till next friday so I'll see you laterz!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
You are a ROCK STAR!!!!
You inspire me everyday to stick with it and when I need a pep talk I always find your posts to lift me up! BIG :hug: for being here and walking with all of us thru our own journey while still on yours.

I will be here for a LONG time even after I am through with losing all of my weight. This board is like my savior, I really enjoy helping others and giving suggestions.

He was probably all, "Damn, wish I hadn't given that up." ;)

LOL.....probably if he would of cared more maybe I wouldn't of left...haha....19 yrs we were married...enough is enough ya know?....ha

Worked in receiving again so it was go go go. I am beginning to wonder if I am eating enough again. I *think* my weight loss was down due to TOM but I always question everything I do. Here's a normal day.....

5:30-6:60ish- 4oz of meat (I need to up this a little I think.) 2 cups of whatever veggies. (Most of the time I cook my veggies in the oil, not my meat.)

Last night I didn't want meat so I had 2 boiled eggs on lettuce with cucumber, onion, and WF creamy bacon. That's the first time I've had lettuce in FOREVER.

Some days (but not in the past 2 weeks or so) I have a pickle spear at about 11:00 if water doesn't hold the hunger off.

Should I try upping the meat or keep it how it is? Even fish I normally do about 4oz. Pork 4oz. Chicken I sometimes do 5oz but mainly 4oz. Tonight we are having a pot roast so how many oz should I have?

I would up your protein to at least 6-7 ozs....4 ozs is not enough!! make sure you are getting your sea salt and your olive oil in daily.

justamom
08-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Hooray for a great weigh-in. I am now down 19 pounds! My first mini-goal was to lose 10% of my estimated amount that I need to lose. I need to lose 138 pounds so that makes 14 pounds for my first mini-goal so I made that! Second mini goal is to lose 10% of starting weigt so that would be 29 pounds and I am over half-way there!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Hooray for a great weigh-in. I am now down 19 pounds! My first mini-goal was to lose 10% of my estimated amount that I need to lose. I need to lose 138 pounds so that makes 14 pounds for my first mini-goal so I made that! Second mini goal is to lose 10% of starting weigt so that would be 29 pounds and I am over half-way there!

WOOHOO!!!!:cb::cp::cb::cp::flow2::flow2::flow2:

CONGRATS on that goal!!!

ItsAboutTime
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I had the yummiest dinner last night Buffalo Chicken Sliders wrapped in romaine leaves...didn't even miss the bun they were so good!

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. water
1 lb. ground skinless chicken breast
2 1/2 Tbsp. Buffalo wing sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
Cooking spray
8 green-leaf or romaine lettuce leaves
8 tomato slices

Spray large nonstick skillet or ridged pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and water; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are very tender, aout 8 minutes. (my coach said it's fine to 'steam' onions as long as you don't caramelize them)

Transfer to large bowl and let cool 10 minutes. Add chicken breast, Buffalo wing sauce, and salt; mix well. With wet hands, form into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.

BBQ and enjoy :)

This sounds super yummy!

justamom
08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
How do I get the weight tracker to move?

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
How do I get the weight tracker to move?

Edit your signature change your numbers in the body where you have your starting/now/goal weight

justamom
08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks. I thought I had done that but must not have saved it!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks. I thought I had done that but must not have saved it!

You are welcome, it worked :)

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 08:41 PM
wuv2Bloved- What an awesome feeling!!!! Men can be so clueless! ;o)

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 08:45 PM
wuv2Bloved- What an awesome feeling!!!! Men can be so clueless! ;o)

Yes they are. I have been talking to one guy since March so when we first starting talking he knew me the size of my first picture. I send him pics every so often just to say hi or if I think I am looking cute that morning...ha..I never told him I had started dieting. The other day I sent him the pink(red) shirt picture and he sent back...Are you losing weight? I said yup I have lost 50lbs and he said he was very proud of me. He said I hope you aren't losing it because of me because I liked you before (he is so sweet) I said nope I am doing it for me, but you are still going to talk to me right? he said of course honey, its the inside that I am attracted too and the outside too of course but its what is on the inside that matters. I have never met him face to face but we talk everyday so when we do met we shall see what happens :)

jennydoodle
08-04-2011, 08:48 PM

Yes, I agree with Wuv, UP YOUR PROTEIN! My coach told me 6-8 oz every day.

Busymomx4
08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes they are. I have been talking to one guy since March so when we first starting talking he knew me the size of my first picture. I send him pics every so often just to say hi or if I think I am looking cute that morning...ha..I never told him I had started dieting. The other day I sent him the pink(red) shirt picture and he sent back...Are you losing weight? I said yup I have lost 50lbs and he said he was very proud of me. He said I hope you aren't losing it because of me because I liked you before (he is so sweet) I said nope I am doing it for me, but you are still going to talk to me right? he said of course honey, its the inside that I am attracted too and the outside too of course but its what is on the inside that matters. I have never met him face to face but we talk everyday so when we do met we shall see what happens :)

How sweet of him, that must've felt awsome :)

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
How sweet of him, that must've felt awsome :)

Yup!! it sure did...he makes me smile more than I already do :D

Sherwood
08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Jordanna - where do you get the Buffalo Wing Sauce? My husband would love this recipe - he was all over Big Mac in a Bowl, tired of plain meats for dinner. thanks!

whirlybird68
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Jordanna, i wondered what buffalo wing sauce you were using also. The recipe sounds amazing. I am worried i wont be able to find it when i am ready to make it. I had tilipa and cabbage. My daughter cooked it for me, so nice. I had to stay out of the kitchen, they were making homeade mac and cheese, yum.
Wuv2, do you realize that you are almost halfway to goal. I love your drive

niknakjack
08-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Ugh! Got home from work and my husband and son had made m&m bars, they look so good. I just looked at them and sighed. This was the first time I felt like just giving in!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Jordanna, i wondered what buffalo wing sauce you were using also. The recipe sounds amazing. I am worried i wont be able to find it when i am ready to make it. I had tilipa and cabbage. My daughter cooked it for me, so nice. I had to stay out of the kitchen, they were making homeade mac and cheese, yum.

I did realize that today!!....it has truly been amazing how quick it has come off!

Ishbel
08-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Ugh! Got home from work and my husband and son had made m&m bars, they look so good. I just looked at them and sighed. This was the first time I felt like just giving in!

Stay strong niknakjack! :)

brandam6
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
M0vingon: Have a great vacation!

Yes it is worth it! I cut out most of my social life for the first couple of months. I still don't go out like I used to. I probably never will.

What a good idea. I wish I would have thought of that! I also wish I would have taken good before pics.

Biggest pet peeve during this diet so far: People bugging you to eat! Unless you are going through or it or have been through it people don't realize how difficult it is! But I love saying no thank you and feeling okay about it!

YES! Even people who know about my diet still try to get me to eat crap they know I can't have. I was beginning to think there was a contest going on to see who could get me to cave first!

Here is something for you to laugh at......I bought some new jeans in a SMALLER size but I'm afraid to wash them!!! It's crazy but I do feel a little anxious about it! Anybody else every feel like that!?

I didn't dry some of my jeans at first, then they would accidentally get put in the dryer, and lo and behold they still fit! I also was folding clothes one day, and I came across these mystery shorts. They just looked to small to be mine...but they were the shorts I had bought the week before!

calee
08-04-2011, 11:11 PM

Krista, I've been using them the entire time. I just started on 7/25.

calee
08-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow, I just got home from work and read the entire days posts. So many wonderful victories. Congratulations everyone!!

I had a stressful day at work. Several old friends received pink slips today.

There was a huge chocolate sheet cake and I had to go into that room with everyone so I took my 20 oz cup filled with water, ice and lemon and just kept sipping on it.

I went to pilates to unwind from the day. Now it's time for dinner and I'm grateful that I didn't eat the cake!

jordanna
08-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Franks Red Hot Sauce :) they also taste amazing with a bit of goat cheese melted on them, which my husband does...and I do on occasion as my 1 oz of dairy (some coaches okay it some don't)

Travel Gal
08-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Today was a little rough-I stayed OP as always but my eating schedule got messed up because my hours at work changed for the day. I've become obsessed with eating around the same time every day so on days like today I get stressed because everything gets shifted later. I didn't work until 11 today but I got up early just to make sure I had breakfast and lunch before work, since I don't always get a break when I work this shift.

Also, I've been reading all the thread on extra TOMs and all that fun stuff and I'm dealing with the same thing too and I'm just tired of it. I'm hoping that it phases out soon. I swear, I should buy a large share in Tampax stock or something!!!!

I've felt kind of bloated and blah today, but it's over so hopefully tomorrow will be better now that I'll be on my regular schedule.

I hope everyone had a good, OP day!!

Krista7382
08-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Calee: what did you do for the first 100 lbs?

capricious
08-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Had to laugh at this one... because I like to squeeze myself into the size down and wait a week for it to fit properly... Anyway bought a pair of super tight Guess jeans and since they didn't come cheap I bought them REALLY tight cause I wanted to ensure that they would fit me at the end. It's been a few weeks since I bought them now and I put them in the dryer by accident the other night and lo & behold- they still fit! Phew!

calee
08-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Calee: what did you do for the first 100 lbs?

Mostly low carb. I also go to WW every week for accountability. I've exercise a ton in the last 2 years.

capricious
08-05-2011, 02:31 AM
It is a wonder to me how comforted I am by coming on here and reading about everyone's days/ events & challenges. Thank you to all for sharing. It has made this journey so much more enjoyable and doable to have found this site... Feeling a little sentimental tonight I guess...
Congrats Ishbel on the big 60! Keep on rockin' it :carrot:
Congrats also to KatieBeth on Onederland... I know what you mean about avoiding social situations... I live about three hours away from my extended family & friends and they are forever wanting for me to come down there and I just don't want to because then what you're eating is so much less in your control. I was there for five days in July and it was the hardest five days of the program for me! Kept wanting to spiral...
A big thank you to Jordana for the recipe- I was planning on something chicken & hot sauce for tomorrow night- and your recipe fits the bill exactly!
Niknakjak- I've been feeling pretty similar this week, little lightheaded and not with it, forgetful etc- but I also find it depends on the time of day as to how I'll be feeling- maybe the body is ironing out some kinks??
2ride you're a strong lady to be able to get up so frequently thru the night! I thought having a newborn who woke up a couple times a night was bad!
And to all... a good night!

brandam6
08-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Please post new posts in weekend chat (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/240054-ip-weekend-chat-august-5-7-a.html)