General Diet Plans and Questions - Eating out of bordem

View Full Version : Eating out of bordem

Bellissa
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
When I am at work, I am super busy and I LOVE it! However, when I get home I am tired physically from standing and moving for 6 hours without a break but my mind is still going. Since my feet are killing me(I'm saving up to buy better shoes so this won't be an issue), I am usually not up for physical activity, but I am bored and when I am bored I usually eat. I love reading, but it doesn't hold my attention as long as I would like.

Aside from physical activity, *only for now until I get better shoes* what are some ideas for stimulating ideas that don't involve being on your feet... things that will keep you from being bored and eating.

Amadeus
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Writing? It's kept me and my friend busy for over 7 months. xD

It is especially fun and rewarding (at least for me) if you find a writing partner.

luckymommy
08-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Boredom is a common issue and I've seen it come up on this forum before, so you may try doing a search.

For me, when bored, I like to draw on a sketch pad with color pencils while I watch t.v. or listen to music. I get into lots of detail and it really occupies me and also relaxes me. You could also soak your feet in warm water and then massage them with a nice oil or lotion...maybe even give yourself a pedicure. Maybe buy some crossword puzzles. Some people are crafty and like to crochet, knit, sew, etc.

Sometimes, I'll watch funny youtube videos....I love ones with dogs but you may find whatever interests you.

bellastarr
08-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Chew gum... paint your nail... brush your teeth... tweeze your eyebrows... drink water....

i totally eat out of boredom too :(

christine123
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I do a lot of walking when bored. Even if I don't want to go, or if I am too lazy to go, or too tired, when I get my headphones and sneakers on, I'll get (a little) motivated to get out of the house and move. It helps. I usually don't want to eat after that.

xxkaleidoscopic
08-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Beautify yourself (like the above list of suggestions), watch a movie, surf the internet, write, call a friend, etc.