Old 08-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #1  
**Christa**

S/C/G: 174/172/125

Default Im Confused!!!!

Hi everyone I am new to this program and as like some of you I dont have anyone like a coach and I dont go to a provider for weigh ins... I simply have some place to go to get the food...

Q1: I see on my list that we can have lemons... But can we have limes? I wanted to use it over my lettuce as a sort of "dressing"

Q2: How do you measure your veggies? Do you just weigh them or do you blend?

Q3: Snacks... We get one per day correct? So do we have this between breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner?

Q4: Some of my info says we are allowed 5-8oz of meat of choice a day... is this true or is there a limit to chicken? I dont eat beef so chicken or seafood would be what I would be eating usually...

Q5: I also read somewhere that we could have plain yougurt?

Well Im sure I will have plenty more where this came from so if anyone could help solve these issues that would be great! Its hard not having someone to ask the questions to (coach) but Im trying!

Day 1 down and no issues other than I am definately not used to drinking this much water! lol...
Thanks for the help!!!
CBates1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Q2- I use a measuring cup
Q3- I have my snack an hour before bed. You should always have a packet close to bed time. You can have two snacks; one during the day and one at night. Only one restricted though (bars/chips/etc)
Q4- 5 oz of chicken or beef; 7 oz for seafood.
Q5- I was told no dairy

Not sure about lemons/limes
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBates1088 View Post
Hi everyone I am new to this program and as like some of you I dont have anyone like a coach and I dont go to a provider for weigh ins... I simply have some place to go to get the food...

Q1: I see on my list that we can have lemons... But can we have limes? I wanted to use it over my lettuce as a sort of "dressing"

Q3: Snacks... We get one per day correct? So do we have this between breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner?

Q4: Some of my info says we are allowed 5-8oz of meat of choice a day... is this true or is there a limit to chicken? I dont eat beef so chicken or seafood would be what I would be eating usually...

Well Im sure I will have plenty more where this came from so if anyone could help solve these issues that would be great! Its hard not having someone to ask the questions to (coach) but Im trying!

Day 1 down and no issues other than I am definately not used to drinking this much water! lol...
Thanks for the help!!!
Ok, I will try to answer the questions I can from my experience but I am sure you will get lots of answers to your questions.

Apparently you have gotten the Phase 1 sheet, this is what you are suppose to eat daily.

Q1-Yes you can have limes
Q2-I measure my veggies in a measuring cup before I cook them
Q3- Yes you have one snack. Everyone is different on eating their snack. I have mine at night because I stay up late and it will be something in my system while I sleep.
Q4-ALL of the meat is 5-8oz even the chicken
Q5-it is optional to have 1oz of skim milk but that is all that I am aware of

Drink a lot of water, the more water you drink the better off you will be. Have you tried the MIO water flavoring yet? You can also squeeze lemons in your water for a different flavor instead of always having plain water. I hope this helps you out some. Never be afraid to ask questions someone is always willing to help out.

Lisa
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

Wuv: how did you find out about lemons and limes? I don't see it on the paperwork but I've heard people say lemons are okay.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Wuv: how did you find out about lemons and limes? I don't see it on the paperwork but I've heard people say lemons are okay.
I asked my coach!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

My coach is lame but my brothers mother in law was on the diet, that's where I learned about the lemons
Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Also, as for veggies that is the raw measurement, not cooked. I chop mine up really really small so I get more =)
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #8  
**Christa**

Thanks for all the help! Right now Im just getting headaches and need some fiber in my system... But those things will work themselves out... So far its just hard having just a shake for breakfast, Im not used to eating breakfast and now that I am, Im getting really hungry... Hopefully this goes away...
Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #9  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

CBates1088, I expected to feel the way you feel and have trouble with a shake for breakfast. breakfast used to be my fav meal and it was great - an omelet made with one egg and egg whites, 1 slice non fat swiss cheese, sometimes salsa, 1 slice of ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter and lots of coffee with cream and sweetener.

Now I'm having a packet and coffee - one cup is all I need - with sweetener - no cream. surprisingly I am having no problem making it to lunch.

This morning I used my magic bullet and blended the vanilla shake with coffee powder and lots of ice and made an iced cap. Delish. I have had to get the laxatives from my coach though.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thanks for all the help! Right now Im just getting headaches and need some fiber in my system... But those things will work themselves out... So far its just hard having just a shake for breakfast, Im not used to eating breakfast and now that I am, Im getting really hungry... Hopefully this goes away...
For the headaches its can help if you have a glass of water w/tbs of the sea salt mixed into it.

Yes. My coaches also said lemon/lime juice is ok.

I mix my Ip chocolate Packet or vanilla Pudding packet into 10oz cold coffee and blend together serve over ice in the morning and if you need to have a cup of veggies to help w/the hunger.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Thanks for the help!!!
You can have your snack whenever you need to. As long as you are eating your 3 packs a day my coach said it didn't matter when you ate them really. Depends how hungry you are. I noticed an increased weight loss when I switched mine to before bedtime to 3pm. Because that's when I was hungry.

You can have up to 8oz of chicken or seafood

I've never heard of eating yogurt...no dairy is allowed except 1 oz of skim milk
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #12  
**Christa**

what is coffee powder?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

I use mini moos in my coffee
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #14  
**Christa**

ok maybe im more sheltered than I thought lol... what are mini moos? and where can you get this?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #15  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Drink a lot of water, the more water you drink the better off you will be. Have you tried the MIO water flavoring yet? You can also squeeze lemons in your water for a different flavor instead of always having plain water. I hope this helps you out some. Never be afraid to ask questions someone is always willing to help out.

Lisa
Are we able to have this?? I did notice that this was sweetened with Suclurose... is it the same for the Propel water??
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote