Ideal Protein Diet - im new to this IP forum. so just an introduction and a few questions!

Julizzle
08-03-2011, 08:07 PM
hello everyone!
im new to this forum but not new to ideal protein. ive been on it for about 3 months and have lost 33 lbs so far! lately (meaning the past couple of weeks) i'd been having a bit of a hard time not nibbling on things outside of the ip protocol, so one of the girls that goes to my clinic told me about this forum for support and so far it has been very helpful!
so i was just wondering if anyone on IP has tried the soy patties, leek soup, and cappuccino drink? and what did you guys think of them? and if anyone has any recipes using the IP foods they would like to share that would be awesome!

talk to everyone soon! :D
Julia

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/slider-cheer/lb/193/130/159.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
You can get recipes, just click on the Ideal Protein and a whole bunch of threads will come up!
Welcome to the boards!

I have not tried the soy patties and won't
I really like the cappucino
I didn't like the leek soup, but lots of people do

puneri
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Will any body tell me what is the plan and how much we have to pay for this. Also how difficult is the plan to follow.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Will any body tell me what is the plan and how much we have to pay for this. Also how difficult is the plan to follow.

Differnt clinics charge different start-up fees. My clinic charged a straight $75 fee. Some charge more but you get a "start-up" kit.

My food costs $87/week inc. tax. this seems to be the same for everyone.

Now if you can't afford that, because it is alot, there is an "alternative product forum" under Ideal Protein.

Some of the popular alternative products includes EAS protein shakes that you can find at Sams/WalMart and I think Target. Pure Protein bars can be found at Sams/WalMart and Wegmans and I am sure other stores. Many people order alternatives from NoshuaNutrition.com and Lindora.com. Just be sure your alternatives don't contain aspartam. There is a spreadsheat with nutritional values. Click on Ideal Protein and search for alternative. Good Luck :)

useruser
08-03-2011, 08:58 PM

I'm sure other people will explain better, but essentially it's a 4 phase program intended to rest your pancreas of all the sugar, fat and salt we eat. It's a very low calorie diet (700-900 cals). The first phase is intended to lose 90% of your desired weight loss. Phase 2 is to reach your goal and the others are described as introducing you back to 'regular' foods and maintenance. You basically purchase food from IP. You will have 3 packets a day, and will cook your own dinner. A trip to the grocery store will be needed to get all your allowed vegetables and meat, fish, poultry. My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce.

Cost of food it around $80 a week. You meet with your coach once a week to monitor progress and write down your weight, inches and talk.

Having looked at other diets, I think IP is very reasonable. You eat a lot of fresh foods and learn of many alternatives you can get (better products for you etc). The first few days are a bit difficult b/c you may get headaches while your body adjusts to the new routine.

chellebee72
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
"My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce." I'm curious to know what other coaches may have said as to whether you can eat your veggies in between meals or not. My coach said that I CANNOT eat between meals not lettuce or veggies. Thanks!!!

SVermonter
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
My coach said it is fine to cut up veggies and eat them througout the day. She said this is better than not having veggies and to keep us OP.

chellebee72
08-03-2011, 09:34 PM
SVermonter-Do you feel when doing that it has hindered your weight loss!?
My coach said that (if I understood her correctly) that it throws you out of Ketosis. I'm kind of confused about that.

If you or anybody else could help me with that it would be great!

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 09:58 PM
hello everyone!
im new to this forum but not new to ideal protein. ive been on it for about 3 months and have lost 33 lbs so far! lately (meaning the past couple of weeks) i'd been having a bit of a hard time not nibbling on things outside of the ip protocol, so one of the girls that goes to my clinic told me about this forum for support and so far it has been very helpful!
so i was just wondering if anyone on IP has tried the soy patties, leek soup, and cappuccino drink? and what did you guys think of them? and if anyone has any recipes using the IP foods they would like to share that would be awesome!

Julia

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/slider-cheer/lb/193/130/159.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Welcome to the boards, you will find lots of information here along with very helpful people with different suggestions and ideas. As you can see from the responses you are getting from your introductions, we are a great group of people all striving to accomplish the same goal. Have fun reading and enjoy experimenting with the IP foods.

My coach said it is fine to cut up veggies and eat them througout the day. She said this is better than not having veggies and to keep us OP.

It is best to eat your veggies with your IP meal its the combination of the IP food and veggies that you will get the best results. I sometimes treat myself and only eat a cup of veggies for lunch and will cut myself cuke spears for an afternoon treat but most of the time I eat my veggies with my meal or within 15-20 minutes of my IP food. I am sure one of the more expert IP users will give you a better definition of why you are suppose to eat your veggies at your meal.

If you follow the program 100% you will get results. I have been on the program for 13 weeks now and as of today have loss 60lbs. I have not put ONE thing that is not OP in my mouth since April 27th. Its a great program, very easy to follow and the foods are good. Good luck to you!

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
$4 a packet plus vitamins, shaker, and salt. You can just buy packets too. Estimate is $84 a week, probably more if you get extra for variety.

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 12:47 AM
wuv2bloved-Yep, I understand. Thanks! You're transformation is awesome!!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 01:01 AM
wuv2bloved-Yep, I understand. Thanks! You're transformation is awesome!!

Thank you, I am 16% to my goal so there will be a lot more progress pics as I go along. I just want everyone to see that this program WORKS!

niknakjack
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
"My coach said to eat in between meals at least 4 cups of vegetables every day and unlimited lettuce." I'm curious to know what other coaches may have said as to whether you can eat your veggies in between meals or not. My coach said that I CANNOT eat between meals not lettuce or veggies. Thanks!!!

My coaches say it doesn't matter when you eat your veggies as long as your getting 4Cup in a day w/some lettuce too.
I do eat them when I have my proteins too...unlike others my clinic allows everyone to have 4 packets of IP a day plus our 1 protein of our own.
8am Ip packet
11-12 Ip packet
3pm IP packet
6pm my own protein
9pm IP packet

That said somedays I eat 1 cup veggies 4x a day to feel fuller throughout the day. As you can see, I eat 5x a day so there is ample opportunity for me to eat those veggies. Add them to the omelets, soups etc. for a variety.

niknakjack
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
hello everyone!

Julia

I really like the leek soup especially w/a cup of roasted cauliflower or broccoli in it.
I like the cappuccino drink mixed w/chocolate drink
1 packet cappuccino drink 10oz. water
1 packet chocolate drink 10 oz. water
mix or I blend w/hand held mixer till mixed
separate into 2 10oz. servings chill and enjoy

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
My coaches say it doesn't matter when you eat your veggies as long as your getting 4Cup in a day w/some lettuce too.
I do eat them when I have my proteins too...unlike others my clinic allows everyone to have 4 packets of IP a day plus our 1 protein of our own.
8am Ip packet
11-12 Ip packet
3pm IP packet
6pm my own protein
9pm IP packet

That said somedays I eat 1 cup veggies 4x a day to feel fuller throughout the day. As you can see, I eat 5x a day so there is ample opportunity for me to eat those veggies. Add them to the omelets, soups etc. for a variety.

If I would have followed the plan like you had I wouldn't have been so angry and hungry the first 2 weeks :flow2:
Thanks!!!!!

loriab
08-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I love the Capuccino but only when it's cold. I didn't like it at all when I heated it. Not sure why. I'm not a fan of the leek soup but I LOVE the chicken soup and I think it has more protein and less carbs than the others I've had. I also really like the mushroom soup. I haven't tried the broccoli cheese soup. Any opinions on that one?

JackieGee
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I loved the brocolli cheese soup and I put brocolli and cauliflower in it.

I made an iced cap with the capacino. I used cold coffee instead of water althought that might not have been necessary and I blended it with ice.

Actually the iced cap I made with the vanilla drink was even better. I added a spoonful of coffee and blended it with ice and it was amazing.

I have a soy pattie and no idea what to do with it. I'm scared of it.

McDiet
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm also new! Great thread to start this thing off. Been on Ideal Protein for 5 days and I can now see why there is a place to talk about issues and especially new recipes.. Already getting frustrated with the packets. The soups are almost unedible. (anyone figure out how to get them less 'frothy' and more 'soup like?') The bars and drinks are pretty good and I hope they'll keep me going strong!..

mttndiane
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
McDiet...I understand completely what you are saying...today is my first day, and I can tolerate the cappuccino and the fruit drinks, but tonight, oh my...I tried the leek soup, and just could not get it down. I am thinking I wll have to stick with the fruit drinks. Hopefully, someone can give us some "hope". Good Luck..

Tuscany123
08-08-2011, 09:16 PM
So far I love the herb and cheese omlette. I sauted a cup of mushroom s to eat with it and it was delish!

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm also new! Great thread to start this thing off. Been on Ideal Protein for 5 days and I can now see why there is a place to talk about issues and especially new recipes.. Already getting frustrated with the packets. The soups are almost unedible. (anyone figure out how to get them less 'frothy' and more 'soup like?') The bars and drinks are pretty good and I hope they'll keep me going strong!..

Have you looked at the sticky's threads...there are 3 pages of recipes, and also a thread named fun with packets of something like that. Check out those you will find lost of things to do

McDiet...I understand completely what you are saying...today is my first day, and I can tolerate the cappuccino and the fruit drinks, but tonight, oh my...I tried the leek soup, and just could not get it down. I am thinking I wll have to stick with the fruit drinks. Hopefully, someone can give us some "hope". Good Luck..

I do not like the leek soup:barf::barf::barf:

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
this is the fun with packets link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html

here are the rest of the important links

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html

mttndiane
08-08-2011, 09:46 PM
wuv2bloved....you are doing fantastic...I only hope to be able to tolerate these supplements to get thru...I thought the first 2 drinks I had today were bad, but this leek soup has really set me back ;) Thank you for posting the links..

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 09:50 PM
wuv2bloved....you are doing fantastic...I only hope to be able to tolerate these supplements to get thru...I thought the first 2 drinks I had today were bad, but this leek soup has really set me back ;) Thank you for posting the links..

Honestly, I threw my leek soup away after the first bite! and thank you. You will get through this, stay strong, come on here and ask question. Do a lot of reading in ALL of the threads there is a lot of information on here. Just take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. IF and I do mean IF you get discouraged and slip up, brush it off and get right back OP. WHEN you follow the program 100% as I have for now almost 16 weeks you will see the results as I have. Just remember not everyone losses the same way so NEVER compare yourself to someone else :)

Paint Lady
08-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I had the soy patty the other day. I made it like the directions said and added some Walden Farms dressing and seasonings to the uncooked patty. I put it in the skillet and it browned well on one side but when I flipped it, it fell apart. That was probably a good thing. The inside was still like liquid, hard to explain. I broke the rest of it up and cooked it well done. I put it on top of my lettuce and topped it with hamburger fixings, pickles, onions, mustard and a little bit of WF dressing to cut the tartness of the mustard. Was actually edible, sorta had a "black bean burger" taste to it. The worst thing I've had so far was tomato basil soup.

Paint Lady
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Also, the cappuccino is a bit sweet for me, I have to cut it with some coffee, but I do like it. It reminds me of the starbucks vanilla frappuccino drinks that come in the glass bottles.

Paint Lady
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I would caution you to follow the program specifically the way your coach advised. It seems like there is no set regimen to this program and information can vary greatly from coach to coach. If you aren't sure of something, ask your coach or ask here, but don't follow blindly. Do your research.

Bellamack
08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Bellamack,
What's your favorite flavor? ~Brittany @EAS

I get vanilla for hubby, you can add some sugar free Torani syrup and some ice and make a great shake. Where I live we do not have Cosco, only Sams. Some people on here get shakes at Cosco that they really love, but I forgot what "make" they are. :)

leganegan
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM
welcome!
we are here for you! I wasn't a fan of the soy patty, tasted salty to me. Clinic owner said to try it over lettuce, it did help get it down.
I only like chicken soup. And I enjoy the cappuccino a lot. I usually have that or the collagen drinks at night. I enjoy the dark chocolate pudding too.

puneri
08-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Thank you bella anduser.
$84 a week is lot for me.but, good to know anyway.

Nostalgia
11-11-2012, 12:58 PM
hello everyone!

Julia

Hi Julia, I too am new to this forum but I'm also new to the IP diet. Today is my third day. I've only tried the foods my counselor has given me and I've found a few that I like but there are several that were difficult to get down. I'm motivated and will stick to it and seeing everyone's progress is exactly what I need. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all of your posts.

Janet

lisa32989
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Julia, I too am new to this forum but I'm also new to the IP diet. Today is my third day. I've only tried the foods my counselor has given me and I've found a few that I like but there are several that were difficult to get down. I'm motivated and will stick to it and seeing everyone's progress is exactly what I need. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all of your posts.

Janet

Hi Janet
FYI: You resurrected a thread from 2011 so the people you address may not see your post.

Which products did you not like? There are SO MANY recipes available here to alter the packets. For example, I always add pureed veggies to the soups.

To find recipes, get comfortable and prepare to do some reading.

Go to the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
And
Go to the daily (weekend) thread and look on the first post. There are links to click for recipe threads

Welcome and good luck!

ready4thin
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I am fairly new to this program as well, this is my fourth week, but I have to say that the diet is working. My first day on the program I honestly didn't think that I was going to make it. I thought the taste of the food was horrible....I threw away the strawberry pudding and gagged down the crisy cereal, but now I am doing really well and have found that my taste buds have adjusted. I have the crisy cereal for breakfast in the morning and enjoy my chocolate drink the cappuccino drink or the yogurt drink with my two cups of vegetables for lunch. I also like the omelette and the oatmeal as well as chocolate pudding cups. For a snack at night I like the chocolate soy balls or the soutwest chips.
It is all about self control and learning what you like. This forum has helped to see the results of others and to keep me on program. I have not had the urge to cheat yet, but will cross that bridge when I get to it. I have lost over 11 inches and have my third weigh-in tomorrow and bought my first two pair of pants in a non-plus size store over the weekend, so I am feeling pretty positive about this diet.

healthyangie
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
hello everyone!

Julia

Welcome aboard!

Soy patties are "stange" - not necessarily bad but I only got 1 extra while I was on phase 1.
Love the Cappuccino - I heated it in a pot (don't try adding hot water directly, it gets clumpy for some reason)
Leek soup - super yuk to me and I love all kinds of onions. This had a very strange and undesirable taste to me.

maezy1
11-12-2012, 01:31 PM
ok, so I'm the weirdo who is buying all of the leek soups! love it with veggies in it. tomato basil is questionable to me though. the spaghetti bolognese or whatever it was called made me gag..... thx for resurrecting this post! getting interesting info!

wuv2bloved
11-12-2012, 01:35 PM
ok, so I'm the weirdo who is buying all of the leek soups! love it with veggies in it. tomato basil is questionable to me though. the spaghetti bolognese or whatever it was called made me gag..... thx for resurrecting this post! getting interesting info!

I don't like any of the soups they make me :barf::barf:....lol

guil28
11-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I really don't like the soups or the fruit flavoured drinks... But some people really enjoy them so it all depends on your personnal preferrences :)

Roo2
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone-
Have been lurking for quite awhile ! Have tried to join but must have been doing something wrong when trying to register on my I pad.
Have been on Ideal Protein since the end of June this year.
I love getting the different prospectives of everyone.

Looking forward getting and sharing support,
Roo2