Alternachicks - Piercings/Tattoos as Rewards

View Full Version : Piercings/Tattoos as Rewards

xxkaleidoscopic
08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
How many of you are planning on using piercings and/or tattoos as rewards for your weight loss? Mine aren't rewards, per se, so much as I don't want to get them unless I feel happy with my body as is. ^^

I want to get my first tattoo, a phoenix, though I don't have a design yet, and I don't know where I want it yet. But I've wanted it forever. I also want to get my navel pierced, because as a teenager, I always saw that as the "skinny girl piercing". And if my torso looks long and lean enough that it would look good, I'd like to get my hips pierced.

Of course, not all of these at once, but... I'm getting excited about the idea! Anyone else getting tattoos/piercings as weight loss rewards?

Horo
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I am! With a tattoo I've wanted for a long time. Well, not necessarily as a reward because I will get the tattoo approximately 6 months after I've hopefully reached my final goal.. but at the same time it really is a reward because I won't get it if I haven't reached my goal by the time I'm planning the tattoo.

I'm getting a happy wolf on my forearm. I already commissioned the design and currently have the completed artwork on my wall- I stare at it every day. I also researched the shop and know the specific artist I want to do my tattoo. I expect to be at my goal in December of this year, so if I am, I'm going to go and book my appointment for July 2012. It's quite exciting! :)

nikkinouille
08-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Instead of a hip "piercing" (like, a surface piercing), I would highly advise if you get something there that it be a dermal anchor/micro dermal. You can google it to find out more. With either one of those you face a chance of rejection, but more so with a surface piercing. Also, beware of clothes getting caught on either. That is a tricky spot. (I am speaking from experience...) I didnt have them on my hip but I had my nape pierced (back of my neck) and dermals near my collar bones. Can't tell you how many times I got my loofah or clothes caught on both. Haha.

patchymama
08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I use them :) I am saving my leg/thigh garter tattoo until I'm at goal. I got one up my calf just a month or two ago as a reward for sticking to it for so long. :)

Amber1011
08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't know what lb loss yet, but I'm planning on doing a 1/2 sleeve as a reward after my surgery. I can't wait! Ah!

nomorenachos
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm getting my navel pierced next week. I'm not at goal yet, but I've been working hard and think I look good enough for it. Also, my daughter is getting her navel pierced at the same time. Mother-daughter bonding :dizzy:

xxkaleidoscopic
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Instead of a hip "piercing" (like, a surface piercing), I would highly advise if you get something there that it be a dermal anchor/micro dermal. You can google it to find out more. With either one of those you face a chance of rejection, but more so with a surface piercing. Also, beware of clothes getting caught on either. That is a tricky spot. (I am speaking from experience...) I didnt have them on my hip but I had my nape pierced (back of my neck) and dermals near my collar bones. Can't tell you how many times I got my loofah or clothes caught on both. Haha.

Yeah, I was afraid of the rejection issue, so I might just hold back altogether. That one I'm less sure of than the navel and tattoo, haha.

mandalinn82
08-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I got a tattoo to celebrate 3 years of maintenance...this was right after I got it, so excuse the redness! I don't have any current photos...should take one:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/mandalinn82/Tattoo.jpg

xxkaleidoscopic
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, that's beautiful!

mandalinn82
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Thank you! It's my little musical theater geek tribute (Wicked - lyrics HERE (http://www.metrolyrics.com/defying-gravity-lyrics-wicked.html)) to maintenance...maintaining after three years is my own little version of defying gravity. It's right on my upper ribcage on my right side - about where a bra strap goes along your side.

spykesfaythe
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm getting my navel pierced next week. I'm not at goal yet, but I've been working hard and think I look good enough for it. Also, my daughter is getting her navel pierced at the same time. Mother-daughter bonding :dizzy:

Be careful with a navel piercing if you're planning on doing ab work afterwards. Mine migrated out due to doing situps too soon after. I loved my navel ring, too. I plan on trying again when I get where I want to be, but my piercer says it will like migrate out again because the skin in thinner now.

kelly315
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
This is kind of silly, because I'm getting a tattoo lasered right now (it's on my hand/wrist which doesn't much work as I'm going into the professional job market :p)- but I want to get a piece down the left side of my abdomen as a final goal reward. I originally wanted it to be "Starry Starry Night" by Van Gogh, but now I'm replacing one on my ankle with that, so I'm not sure what the design will be yet. Well, I have a year + to decide!

SpangleMagnet
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I am totally planning on tattoos as weight loss rewards! My brother is helping me design one for my left bicep, and I want to have a zombie pin up on my thigh, as well as sugar skulls on my collarbone :D

nomorenachos
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Be careful with a navel piercing if you're planning on doing ab work afterwards. Mine migrated out due to doing situps too soon after. I loved my navel ring, too. I plan on trying again when I get where I want to be, but my piercer says it will like migrate out again because the skin in thinner now.

I never thought of this! How long should I wait to do ab work? I'll have to do some research and maybe postpone my piercing.

xxkaleidoscopic
08-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I never thought of this! How long should I wait to do ab work? I'll have to do some research and maybe postpone my piercing.

I would say at least six months, maybe even a year.

jellyworms
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm getting "daydreams flatter reality" on my foot once I lose a stone. :)

I've wanted it since I was around 14 (I'm twenty next month) but was never happy with my body. So I thought it would be a nice reward for losing. :)

xkhimairax
08-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I plan on getting my bellybutton re-pierced if I make it down to 125lbs for my birthday. I've also been considering the idea of getting tattoo as a reward after a certain period of maintenance, but that's a good long way away yet :)

jess8all
08-13-2011, 12:48 AM
i want to get a tattoo once i've reach my goal, or maybe my midway goal, but i have too many ideas and not enough skin! i have two so far, a butterfly i got 2 days after my 18th bday and i couldn't think of anything more original, and a real original, a pink and purple KUNG FU SOCK MONKEY! lol i do love my ink! :D

Laurawr
08-13-2011, 03:32 AM
I do the exact same thing. 12 of my 18 piercings have been rewards for something or other, and now that I'm starting this chapter of my life, I can see that's going to continue! I plan on getting my cheeks pierced when I lose two dress sizes :)
I also got my first tattoo nearly... 4 weeks ago now? But yes, I'm saving my biggest plan for a tattoo until I reach my goal as well, because I'm hoping it'll look nicer on a leaner back, haha :)

fatferretfanatic
08-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I have wanted cheek piercings ever since I have seen them, years ago. But, my face has always been too big to want to do it.When I get into the 100's, probs 160-180, I'll get them. <3 So cute!

Wyllowbelle
08-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I plan on getting a full back piece done by Siva at Sacred Fire Tattoos in Sedona when I reach my goal as a celebration. It's a large tree of life growing around the chakras all the way from butt/back to neck. In the tree bark will be symbols of those whom I love - my partner Eric and my daughters, maybe my mother and best friend, too. The roots will turn into music note (I teach Music for 0-5 year olds and their caregivers) and the fruit on the tree will be aperture opening diagrams (I'm a photographer). I may pay him to sketch it out early so that I can use it as inspiration for the journey.

-Kiki

InsideMe
08-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I so am! I have been dying to get this tattoo of the Goddess Ixchel from the bottom of my left rib cage down to my left hip bone. That's my ultimate present to me when I hit goal and so I can show it off in hot hipster jeans and a tiny top! LOL

Unthinkables
08-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Oh wow! I thought I was the only one thinking of rewarding myself with a piercing or tattoo for achieving my goal! I have been considering getting a large piece tattooed on my side for awhile now.. but I think the duration it will take to achieve my goal, I will have saved up for it already.

xxkaleidoscopic- One of my friends has a phoenix on her rib cage in black and grey, and it's one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen. You should go for it! It will ideally symbolize you rising from the ashes to reach your goal... almost too perfect!

Wyllowbelle- I LOVE your tattoo idea. I was considering getting something done in the style of the artist Alex Grey. He does a lot of metaphysical inspired work, some even referencing an idea similar to yours. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

InsideMe- that will be beautiful! There's so many ways you can interpret the idea and add your own essence to it!

Wyllowbelle
08-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Unthinkables. And I'll look up the artist you reference. It will be great inspiration!

I think rewarding your "temple" that you've worked so hard on my cleansing and making it strong and healthy with adornments makes perfect sense to me. The only reward I might give myself that's a little better is the training to be a NIA teacher because that will help me keep my life journey as a healthy one. But, I still think my back piece will give me the most pleasure.

Keep workin it, Lovely Ladies!

-Kiki

whitelikechalk
08-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I wish I could used piercings as a reward for losing weight, but sadly I have to take all mine out in bout the next year.

bellastarr
08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
i was thinking of getting a really small tatt on the inside of my wrist when i reach my goal as a reward!

caramelkitty
08-22-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm getting a navel piercing and a tattoo along my ribcage when I hit my goal :-)

shamrockin32
09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I want to get "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" somewhere. maybe on my bikini line.. I'm not sure yet.

xheartagramgirlx
09-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I love this idea. I have been wanting to work on my ink for years now, but it always seems like there are more important things. I have only gotten five pieces done, in nearly 12 years.Setting aside pieces right now for specific goals is a really good idea. I have a few piercings that I wouldn't mind getting done, as well..Will have to think about this one.

Huzzahforska
09-26-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm going to add to my half sleeve every time I reach a mini-goal.. and I'm also going to get my rib cage and calf pieces done when I've reached my big goal. I'm going to get a lot of my tattoos I already have touched up and worked on a little as I go too. Luckily I have tattoo artist friends who will give me the hook up. My friend is doing my mini-goal half sleeve as a reward for me, I barely have to pay him anything (mostly just the his tip). Yay for tattoos!

Princess Squish
10-23-2011, 05:03 AM
In January I'm getting my septum pierced.
If I'm half way to goal, at least, I'll get the outline (if you will) to my Alice In Wonderland tattoo done. Once I get to goal I will have it completely colored in.

fuct
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I'd like to get a micro dermal corset piercing, as well as clavicle and hip micro dermals, inverted navel, venom piercings and an industrial. I have many tattoo ideas which are years in planning.. I'll have to wait and see what I think will look good when I'm at goal obviously, but those are some I've had in mind for a long while :) I'm really excited about this :D

Catsgetnhealthy
11-20-2011, 12:22 PM
When I get to my goal weight, I will have my back recolored. It's been 25yrs since I got my back tat and needs to be brightened :)

Ariannag
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Well Im bad at not getting the tattoo because as soon as i get money im all over it haha but I think I may set a goal to not get a tattoo until I lose, lets say, 20 pounds....maybe 15... or ten. HAHA maybe we'll leave it at 15 ;)

mystyblue85
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I will be getting some ink as a reward! once I get below 250, I'm getting "i love music" on my left wrist (the first time my husband told me he loved me, he said i love music because he was too scared to say the real thing)
when i get below 200, im getting "dork" somewhere around my ribcage. I've spent so many years trying to hide my true self and i have finally embraced the dork that is me :)
when I hit goal, Ill be getting two others: one on my inner thigh (not sure what yet, but it will say something along the lines of secret wonderland) and one on my foot that says "one step at a time" to commemorate my weight loss journey
Im also getting "perfect" somewhere on my right arm/wrist, to remind myself of what i am, and to ward off any bad thoughts that try to convince me otherwise...

twish
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I love this thread! I am definitely planning on getting at least one tattoo when I lose enough in that area. On the left side of my waist, I have a really thick scar from a surgery I had when I was three because of something really bad that had happened to me. That bad thing is one of the reasons that I have struggled with weight issues, so when I finally get to where I want to be, I plan to get a tattoo of the work "moksha" in Sanskrit. It means liberation, so it has a lot of meaning for me on many levels.

Does anyone know if you can get a tattoo over a scar? If not, I'll get it above...

cfan
12-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Wow I thought I was alone or one of the few who would do tattoos as a reward for weight loss. I plan, and have planned for years, to get two tattoos when I reach my goal weight. The first will be a candle flame with the abbrevation "T.C". For trick candle, which can go down to smoke, but pops back up again never "burns out ", which is a metaphor for me. Perhaps with the Gaelic quote of "a prayer for those hearts who are kept in cages" around it.that will go in my outer theigh, so I can touch it. Then I also want to get a sparrow on my lower left hipbone-when I can see it and the area's flat. I am thinking about this placement the only problem I see is if I get pregant- I do not know what would happen to it. The reason why I want to wait till.My goal weight is because of the excess skin issue...I want to get my tattoos once, and have then be amazing.

Ariannag
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I love this thread! I am definitely planning on getting at least one tattoo when I lose enough in that area. On the left side of my waist, I have a really thick scar from a surgery I had when I was three because of something really bad that had happened to me. That bad thing is one of the reasons that I have struggled with weight issues, so when I finally get to where I want to be, I plan to get a tattoo of the work "moksha" in Sanskrit. It means liberation, so it has a lot of meaning for me on many levels.

Does anyone know if you can get a tattoo over a scar? If not, I'll get it above...

Yes, tattoos can go over scars :)

Melfuchsia
12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Great thread!

I'M getting a paisley-indian inspired design when I reach my goal, don't know where exactly, but I'm sure by then I will have tons of fabulous places on my body to put it!:D

twish
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info Ariannag!

Mizzthingaling
12-07-2011, 07:09 AM
When I get under 200 I am getting a phoenix. I am thinking on my back but I am not sure. When I lose 50, I am going to get my Mickey Mouse ankle tats redone.

aware210
12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I have several tattoos planned for when i get to my goal weight. The first will probably be a quote down my rib cage that says "All begins in love, all seeks to return in love, love is the law, love is the teacher of wisdom and the great revealer of mysteries"

I have a tattoo on my back of angel wings, so i think either between them aor above them on the nape of my neck i want a tattoo that says "One would live in a world full of demons for the sake of an angel" (it reminds me of my husband)

part of me really wants a tramp stamp that says "i am to misbehave" between to smoking guns. And on the other side of my body i want a cherry blossom tree all up my ribcage. Oh and a 4 leaf clover/butterfly (green) on the inside of my right wrist.. And yeah i think that's it lol, for now.

CherryQuinn
12-30-2011, 04:08 AM
i have some things planned. first my nose piercing when i lose another 18lbs. no tats til im relatively small. i dont want a tonne of tats i want feminine ones as well that mean alot to me, just my thing.

Amaranth
01-02-2012, 06:04 AM
I am planning on getting a tattoo when I reach a stable weight (hopefully my goal weight lol), not really as a reward, but because I dont want to get a nice piece that ends up shifting or shrinking when I lose weight.

xLindsay46
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Ohh I love this thread! I just got the word "Believe" tattooed on my left wrist in my mom's hand writing. I got it before I officially began my weight loss journey again because I believe it will motivate me whenever I'm feeling down. So far, it's been a great simple reminder for me to always believe in myself and to motivate me to reaching my weight loss goal.

I also want to get another tattoo when I reach my goal. Not sure what I want yet though. I have also seriously considered getting a micro dermal piercing on my chest (above my cleavage) but I'm not sure if I should follow through with this or not. I know the rejection rate is pretty low, but I've seen pictures of those that did reject, and it's not pretty! Scared it would leave a nasty scar on the middle of my chest. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Alki
01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm gonna get a tat as soon as I get to my goal weight. Currently designing it and it will be fairly large, so it will only look right when I don't have a 'muffin top'....hahahahha!

I had been saying I would get my navel pierced when I have nice abs, but that hasn't happened yet...we'll see.

PaintedButterfly
01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I have a nose piercing planned for when I hit 10lbs lost

And a tattoo on my upper arm of a phoenix when I hit my goal.

I also had planned dying my hair for my 5lbs lost goal which I've already hit so will be doing that tomorrow :D

Zombie latte
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I have a long set of tattoos I'm just ITCHING to get as soon as I hit my targets. The list will go on forever. ^_^

LittleBrownBike
01-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I will definitely be using tattoos as rewards for my half way and goal...

I am in love with this heart map *** oops I cant post links yet but if you google/images "heartmap3.jpg" it should be the first one... and would love to have a version of it done on my back, but I'm not sure that my husband would go for that,... ooh to be single again if only to not have to consider someone else in my tattoo/piercing choices LOL

I also want to get a tattoo to represent my little nephew who passed away and my new little niece who is a true miracle.... its going to be a stuffed bunny rabbit with initials so I'm really unsure of where I will put it but I will definitely be getting that one...

I also want to get a couple of tiny ones... a ladybug for example, very small, perhaps on my wrist or behind one ear...

anjnsmn
01-19-2012, 12:54 AM
hmmm I think Im going to do both at my goal weight...but Im not really gonna do anything for mini goals...except maybe buy new nail polish :D im such a girly girl sometimes....I love to do designs on my nails and its kind of addicting like tats or peircings except removable and not as expensive. I am however definately going to get something for my 20lbs lost as a little more motivation, but its not a tat or peircing, it is a pair of red/or black vinyl thigh high boots and i love love love them, I want them soooo bad, but until I get to my goal weight I definately wont fit in them with these big ol thighs.

Jester
01-19-2012, 06:52 AM
I've been planning a tattoo for a long time and was waiting to lose weight, more so that the area I get it done on will be slimmer. I hadn't thought about it as a reward, but it's a great idea. I don't think I'll weight until I reach my goal, but maybe another 15lbs or so, because I know my back will be slimmer then and I wouldn't feel so self-conscious.

neon_zephyr
01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
One of the things I'm putting off until I've achieved a certain fitness goal is definitely a tattoo. It's not so much that I'm delaying getting one, but that I don't want to put one on my body when I really don't like the way my body looks. I see tattoos and piercings as adornments and I want to be able to adorn something that would be enhanced by the addition. If it helps to think of it as a reward, you should! I just know that I want three conditions met before I get the tattoo I have in mind and I've got one down, one in progress, and my fitness is the last one left.

LuciMarie
01-22-2012, 08:06 PM
So glad I found this forum! I was just thinking about this today.
This morning, while looking at my minigoal, I decided to think of a reward. Since I've been waiting for my third tattoo, I decided that would be the best reward.
It's an even better motivator because I've been craving my next bit of ink for so long so I think this may give me that extra boost I need. :lol:

Nadya
01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I'd like to get more piercings but I'm nervous. Ears are fine, I'd like to get at least 3 more, maybe 4, but anything past that is unlikely. Between the amount of nagging, whining, insulting, and complaining that my mother would do and the fear of being turned down for a job as a result, it just doesn't seem worth it.

People need to mind their own business and loosen up some... >.>

chubbyNerdJ
02-04-2012, 05:02 PM
When I finished chemo (for ovarian cancer) I got my earlobes pierced twice and my left nostril pierced. I think when I lose weight I will get my first tattoo, which is something I have been wanting to do for a long time! I am so glad someone came up with this thread, it is a great idea!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I have one tat on my ankle. It's a cat's paw print. I'd love to get another tat as well. Perhaps when I hit goal I can put one on my back.

Sadly due to my job, tats need to be in places where they can be covered while at work. :rolleyes: Stupid job...

Ariannag
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
so i hit my 15 lbs goal, got a tattoo and than gained 4 lbs... WHYYYYY

Anssett
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I still haven't had kids (which I intend to do) and maybe I don't trust my own ability to maintain (from experience) so I only consider piercings/tattoos on body parts that don't change much or change at all. I have work on a shoulder, ankle, etc.

Anyway, I think a tattoo/piercing is a great goal reward.

lovemydoggiesx2
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I love this thread. I have 4 tattoo´s. Im in my 30´s and over the piercing stage. I got this last tattoo last summer when I was 155. This summer when I get to goal I plan on adding to it more curly´s and another lily, butterfly and bird.

Galadreal
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
well, I already have 4 tattoos (a tiger on my right ankle, garter on my left thigh, coiled dragon as a tramp stamp, and the cheshire cat at the nape of my neck). I want to get a half or 3/4 sleeve done, but I asked my husband to design it and gave him a 3-4 year time frame (it is gonna take me awhile to save up the money for what I want). I already have 3 holes in each ear, and my navel, and my nipples done. I had a tounge ring, but my dentist said that after 7 years it was massing up my gums...so i am thinking of getting a hood piercing when I get down to 155 or so. It gives me time to build up some courage, and I think it is something that after the initial healing period me and my husband could both enjoy.

Does anyone in here have one of those? I just wanted some info, and although I am sure I can find alot of websites about it if I really look, I would rather get an opinion from an actual person and not a random website.

SweetScrumptious
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm planning a phoenix bursting up from it's ashes... as a symbol of "rebirth" when I get to my goal! Its going to my on my side/ribs (ranging off my breast and down and off of my hips) !!!

I also got an anchor on my foot a few months ago... to symbolize my weight loss journey... "an anchor won't hold me down no more/a weight off of my shoulder".

Trillian
03-21-2012, 07:16 AM
I plan on piercing again my nasal septum. I got it pierced for the first time 5 years ago, and have always wanted to have it pierced again (I was forced to stop wearing mine) but never acted on it. Maybe I'll do it for the 40 lbs loss mark?! :D

minoja75
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I am planning on getting my back finished, I have flowers there but want to add to it...definitely after reading some of the tattoos after weight loss stories I plan to wait until I am at goal only because of the location and because it will be over most of my back.

x Ophelia x
03-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I think I might get my belly button pierced.

SisterFunk
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Another tattoo rewards girl here!

I'm currently looking for someone local to fix an existing tattoo for me. This was my 15 lb. reward.

When I hit my final goal I'll be going to Chicago to have a large shoulder piece done by a woman named Dawn Grace. I'm looking to do a paisley floral design. She has done work on me before and her art style fits my style perfectly.

This goal reward is what keeps me going!

korij
04-03-2012, 05:25 AM
For me, my reward for losing 100lbs is going to be getting my navel pierced. It's something I've wanted for a long time, and there is this absolutely awesome bat belly ring that I've had my eye on for years! :)

JessicaB
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I've been toying with the idea of getting a neck tattoo when I reach my final goal. I think they look so pretty on women when it's a feminine design. I have been thinking about this before I even decided to start losing weight, but haven't yet come up with a good idea for it yet. I've seen some really nice flower ones, but am torn because I don't necessarily want to do what a bunch of other people have (or at least people I know have).

fyreflie24
04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I got a tattoo to celebrate 3 years of maintenance...this was right after I got it, so excuse the redness! I don't have any current photos...should take one:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/mandalinn82/Tattoo.jpg

OMG LOVE IT!!! I'm a huge Wicked fan! :)

Charmed7
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I want a back tattoo, and hubby took a picture of my back so I could decide where to place it and I was like, OMG no one is going to see my back like that! So it has become my reward for losing all the weight.

I've done mini rewards like pedi's and hair color for mini-goals. :D

fitofhonesty
05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I totally plan on getting a tattoo as a reward for myself when I reach my goal weight...
It's a side tattoo, so thus the reasoning for waiting. (Since I've already gotten a quarter sleeve tattoo on my left arm and a "tramp stamp.")
I also think as a mini-reward to myself for getting over halfway to my goal, I'm going to go out and get my nipples pierced! .. Shy? Never have been before, haha.

avalonswalk
05-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I will get a foot tattoo that will be Virginia related once I hit my major goal. :]

Thedollylala
05-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I have oodles of ideas I want to do, I'm thinking I'll get one at the end of summer once I hit 199, then another when I hit 160-170

Fiyah
05-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I have wanted a specific tattoo for years, and after I reach goal and my skin stabilizes, I'm going to get it. It will be a back tattoo... a sea turtle... instead of a standard turtle shell it will have an ocean scene with 2 dolphins... it will have baby turtles swimming around it, one for each of my "kids" (human and canine) and either a human foot or an animal paw will be "hidden" among their back sections. It is very ambitious and I am still looking for just the right artist for it. I want it to be really high colored, almost like it is painted... something like a Christian Reise Lassen print.

Trillian
08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I plan on piercing again my nasal septum. I got it pierced for the first time 5 years ago, and have always wanted to have it pierced again (I was forced to stop wearing mine) but never acted on it. Maybe I'll do it for the 40 lbs loss mark?! :D

It ended up being a reward for the 75 lb loss mark. I got the helix done last Saturday (July 28), and the septum today. :carrot:

ilidawn
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I absolutely adore this thread! It's awesome to see I'm not the only one lol I don't have any goal weight for each thing, it's more about if I'm comfortable with how the body part it's going onto looks.

I want a navel piercing when my belly is closer to flat. I've got two tats I designed when I was younger that I've always wanted on me though not sure where yet. I need my current tats redone though because they were all home jobs.

I've been contemplating scarification but still need to look more into it. Some look beautiful but others look disgusting lol

xirene
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I've decided to hold off my next tattoo and use it as a reward once I get under 150 lbs. Gives me even more incentive to keep going!

mariwhatever
09-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I decided to get another tattoo (in my dad's memory) when i lose 30 pounds. 18 lost already, 12 more to go. :)
I want it in my ribcage, so I need to be more comfortable with my body, at least, to lift up my shirt on the tattoo parlor. lol

dragonstar85
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
I decided the other day to use tattoos and piercing as rewards. I was wondering if I was the only one who ever did that (which I was sure I wasn't). Glad I found this thread. I want full sleeves on both arms. I just still need to figure out how I want the design. I know most of what I want in them, just need to decide where to put them, piece them together, and the missing pieces.

AbnormalRhombus
10-24-2012, 03:33 AM
I am getting some money soon and have gotten to 200 pounds since september (I lost 27 lbs) so as an incentive I am getting a larger tattoo piece done. The next piece I get will not be done until I have lost 30 more pounds.

I will probably get a large chunk of my right arm sleeve done. It's a childhood themed sleeve.

McMurphy
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm actually planning on getting my VCH piercing once I reach goal. (TMI?) :p I just love the idea of having a piercing that nobody knows about except me.

SoMuchFattitude
11-05-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm actually planning on getting my VCH piercing once I reach goal. (TMI?) :p I just love the idea of having a piercing that nobody knows about except me.

I have a VCH and LOVE it.

McMurphy
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I have a VCH and LOVE it.

:D :D I'm so excited. I've wanted one ever since reading about them in Elayne Angel's book.

SoMuchFattitude
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Haha! I got mine prob 10 years ago now. I had the best O when I was actually pierced. LOL. Just warning you - apparently that's common (according to the piercer, who told me it would probably happen before he even pierced me.)

McMurphy
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Haha! I got mine prob 10 years ago now. I had the best O when I was actually pierced. LOL. Just warning you - apparently that's common (according to the piercer, who told me it would probably happen before he even pierced me.)

LOL I'd never heard that..thanks for the heads up! I have been wondering, though, if there is a possibility of becoming oversensitized by the piercing. Have you noticed anything like this?

2Dy2MrwAlwys
11-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I have two small tattoo's currently, and I'd love to get a tattoo or three as a reward once I hit goal and other fitness milestones. :D I want "never look back" tattooed in cursive along my shoulder, a butterfly inside a lone blooming rose among closed buds on the inside of my forearm, and the silhouette of a sprinting rabbit on the side of my foot. I've thought about something on my abdomen, but I do think I plan to have children later in life and I'd rather not have to mourn the destruction of my artwork. I might get something on the side of my rib-cage. I'm only a little excited for my goal-body and tats! :hyper: Can you tell?

SoMuchFattitude
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Hmm - not over sensitized, but I was initially much more sensitive. You get used to it though. I remember speed bumps being especially fun for the first month or two. LOL

And I say you get used to it because I've taken my piercing out for weeks at a time and then put it back in. I take it out when I do long bike rides, etc. But I always notice it the first few days after I put it back in.

McMurphy
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for your help :) Mmm...I'd heard about the speedbumps suddenly taking on new meaning. LOL

Lyric Dawn
11-10-2012, 06:12 AM
ooooo me!!! I just finished a post where I said I already have 4 tatts and 5 piercings and new tatts will be my rewards! and clothes of course ;)

Warrior
05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
When I reached my goal i'm getting some more piercings. I've already got 2 lobe piercings (per ear) and 1 cartilage piercing (in my right ear).
So when I reach my goal i'm going in to get a 3rd lobe piercing, and also going to get another cartilage piercing in my right ear.

fitmama84
05-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I am a stay at home mom now and will no longer be working, so when I lose all the weight I'm going to reward myself with everything I wanted to do but never did because it wasn't "professional" lol! I want a tattoo but I don't know what yet. I want a few more piercings and blue ombre hair :-)

Going2BeThatGirl
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm wanting to get my tragus pierced. I had it done years ago, but let it close up.

I also want to grow my hair out and do the ombre thing too!

Pink Hurricane
05-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm going to get my nose repierced when I reach 210 pounds. (assuming there is not a lot of scar tissue from last time when I had to take it out)

Also in the lower 200s I am going to get my first forearm tattoo.
At 185lbs I am going to get my second forearm tattoo.
Once I reach my goal weight range and maintain for a while, I am going to get my large tattoo on the side of my thigh.

Then waaaaaaay later on down the road after having children, I am going to get my cover up (the one on my hipbone) just in case that area stretches and shrinks a good bit.

Mizzthingaling
05-24-2013, 04:34 AM
I already got a double cartilage piercing for staying on plan for a week (It's a big tada for me).

When I get to onederland I am getting a phoenix.

mssngheart
12-13-2013, 12:55 AM
I am planning on getting a tattoo when I am finally out of the 200's but don't know where yet since I would still have a long way to go weight wise and already have one on my back.

RedSavvy10
12-21-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll be getting an anchor and my sins birth date tattooed after his first birthday next year. For him and for hopefully breastfeeding the whole year!

I definitely want some type of tattoo after I reach my goal weight as well. I just haven't decided on what or where yet lol.

CutsieMina
02-10-2014, 02:24 AM
I so wanna do that. I had snake bites years ago, and my holes closed, so I wanna get them again as a treat to my self when I lose more weight. It's sad that I can pierce my face but never pierced my ears. #I'mweird.

indigal
03-04-2014, 12:40 AM
I am getting a full sleeve done when I get to my goal weight, & stay there for 6 months... Seems so unattainable sometimes... As I feel stuck. An artist friend of mine is working on design, which will live on fridge... in hopes of helping me keep my eye on the goal.

Mizzthingaling
03-16-2014, 02:43 AM
I am still working toward goal. I am going to add two Mickey hands to my should when I drop 50. I need small goals to stay focused.

archychick
03-24-2014, 12:15 PM
One impetus for my weight loss is to get a full back tattoo. I want it done right and I want it to look good. I don't need to be my goal weight, but within the vicinity of it.

LittleMissWarhead
04-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I actually get a piercing for every few pounds or so! so far I have a vertical labret, nose, tongue and Monroe piercing and I plan on getting a tattoo, which im not sure of what it's going to be yet :/ but im also going to get hip, belly button, dimple, nipple and back dimple piercings lol I'll have them in at different times so I don't look like a human pin cushin but yeah i'm definitely getting more metals and ink <3

Atalanta83
05-03-2014, 08:25 AM
I am absolutely planning a large piece for when I reach a healthy weight. I want a realistic dragonfly and a rose (both are VERY symbolic for me), but am not sure what the whole scene will be yet. Planning it gives me something to look forward to.
I was thinking of having it on my shoulder, but haven't totally decided yet. I would love to have it on my hip, but think I am likely to end up with some pretty flappy/thin skin once I have lost half of my body weight...

KarinRose
05-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Reading through, people have big plans. I definitely want to get my first tattoo when I reach goal (or close). I am a Gemini so I want to get a very simple one of the Gemini sign (think Roman numeral two).

I want it there so I always remember that I am both the fat girl who was and the skinny girl who wanted to show herself, the woman who loved food and the woman who fell in love with exercise, and that the continuing struggle is to find balance between them.

shr1nk1ngme
05-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Well I don't know if this qualifies but since I have lost 50 pounds (still 15 to goal) I am rewarding myself with permanent makeup. This Thursday morning I am getting my upper and lower eyeliner done, and my eyebrows, too. It's gonna cost me $500 but I have been wanting this for 25 years, so I figured NOW'S THE TIME. I deserve it.

Not looking forward to having a needle poking me, just millimeters from my eyeball, for two hours. But hey, it will be worth it.

:carrot:

Rebecca85
05-07-2014, 05:09 PM
I've always been worried about getting one on my arms. I hate my arms! I have three tattoos so far one on each calf and one a my wrist. I've always wanted one on my arms but I keep them covered! SO I've decided when I hit low 200's to high 100's I will get that arm tattoo!

Rebecca85
05-07-2014, 05:13 PM
This was my first tattoo I got when I had my son

amandie
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
This was my first tattoo I got when I had my son

Very cute! I really like!

Rebecca85
05-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Thank you Amandie

Rebecca85
05-07-2014, 11:03 PM
I am still working toward goal. I am going to add two Mickey hands to my should when I drop 50. I need small goals to stay focused.

This is my Disney tattoo I got it for a few reasons: getting into the 200s, my LOVE of disneyland, and for my grandfather who past away. Love this one! Love disney!

Melarie
05-27-2014, 11:08 PM
I think I'm going to get my belly button pierced as a reward for getting under 200lbs. I'm kind of nervous about what will happen when I lose more weight (ie, my belly button... flattening out? more) but screw it. I am going to wait 2 more months, for non-weight related reasons. Hopefully but then I'll be down another 10 pounds though. :)

nonameslob
05-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Melarie, I actually came here to post that my reward for getting under 200 is to finally replace my belly ring! I have had the same one since I got it pierced 8 years ago. I guess I figured since I certainly wasn't showing it off, there was no point in having something shiny and new. I will get something on payday :D

I don't think you will have any issues when you get yours. I got mine pierced when I was probably 180, also had it at my high weight of 232, and nothing changed about the piercing or skin in that area. Congrats on Onederland :)

Melarie
05-27-2014, 11:53 PM
Thank you, I think I'll definitely get it then! And congrats to you too :D
At some point, maybe once I've reached my major goal, I'm going to get a thigh tattoo as well.

nonameslob
05-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Oh, sexy! I love thigh tattoos, they look awesome.

I think once I reach goal I'll upgrade to one of those dangly belly button rings... they're uncomfortable and look silly right now. And for my next mini-goal, if I can afford it I'd like to finally splurge and get a real gold and diamond nose stud.

This thread is great! It's making me plan out my rewards and gives me something to look forward to. :)

Horo
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm going to finally get my first tattoo in September. It's not necessarily going to be a reward, but I'm going to try to lose as much weight as I healthily can by then. So excited! My hair will finally be the length I want by then (longer than waist), I will be closer to my weight ideal, and I'll have an awesome tattoo by the end of the year. Awesome.

Chelainabear
07-30-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm planning on using tattoos as a reward! I really want chakras down my back, but I don't want to do that until I would be able to show at least the top few in things like tank tops comfortably. I also will get a thigh piece as soon as I feel comfortable enough to show it off.

So I guess they serve as both goals and rewards :)

si2017
12-15-2014, 05:19 AM
WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA.

I committed to my weight loss goals earlier this month and there's a tattoo I just decided to get. Never crossed my mind to carrot/stick the situation.

Love this!