Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/224/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie! 30 y/o PCOS

Hello ladies. I've been lurking around for a little while and you've all been giving me inspiration, so I thought I would join you! I'm 30, was diagnosed with PCOS at age 15 and back then all they said was "ok you have this, you'll probably never have kids and you'll always have weight problems, don't ever stop taking bc pills. that's all we can do". Well 15 years later, I have a 2 year old daughter who was a complete surprise, still have weight problems (but that's why I'm here!), and am now taking metformin. 4 months ago I was at 249. I joined weight watchers and lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. For some reason (was still following it), I just stopped losing weight. Stuck with it for 2 more months and gave up. Decided to just eat a very healthy diet and watch my portions and have since lost a total of 25 pounds, and am at 224 now. My goal for now (I'm doing small goals at a time, I do much better with several small jumps rather than one big goal!) is to get under 200. Once I get there, I'll go for 180, and then we'll go from there. I figured you girls can help keep me motivated and on the right track, so I'm looking forward to any advice and encouragement I can find here! Thanks!!
firemediclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #2  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Wow, you're doing great! Way to prove them wrong!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your weight loss success and your wonderful daughter. There is a thread for PCOS under dieting with obsticals on this site. You might find some good advice there.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Way to go on your 25 Lbs loss!! Great job and good luck with your continue efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote