Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Wed, 8/3

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat - Wed, 8/3

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

cadenlevi
08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Good Morning fellow IPers! Today is going to be another scorcher in Oklahoma (we could break an all time record for the hottest day which would mean a temperature above 113). My AC went out last night (not that I blame it as it's been getting a work out with 40 days over 100 degrees this summer), but the lovely BF fixed it last night! I've been OP with the exception of two times and I'm feeling great! NSV yesterday - I went to see one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. She was amazed at my weight loss. It makes you feel good when people notice and makes it so much easier to stay OP and not give into the cupcakes at the office :D. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

M0vingon
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Good morning IPers. It's Wi day for me. I'm down 2 lbs. I'm not out of the 190s yet, but I'm sooo close! I have my eye on 10 lbs lost in August so I'm buckling down- which will be extra difficult while traveling this week...180s here I come!

ItsAboutTime
08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Woke up to a beautiful day! Wish I was back to running again because it was a perfect morning for a run. Only 67 degress, no humidity, no wind at all....wonderful! It is supposed to heat up to only about 90 today so that's a welcome change.

I was up a little more this morning so I'm going in the wrong direction. Didn't eat anything off plan so I know it's good ole' TOM causing trouble and I'm not stressing. I haven't "gone" to the bathroom in a few days either so that could be the culprit. I took an extra senekot this morning hoping to get things going and I'm crossing my fingers I don't go the other direction and end up in the bathroom all day at work. ;) In 42 days I have gone off once, Saturday and the 1 string cheese episode, so I'm super proud of myself but it makes me feel like I could've eaten any of the junk at Grandma's last week and still been in this spot. It doesn't mean I will go off the deep end and cheat, especially not the day before weigh in. Please woosh fairy visit me tonight.

Good luck to those with Wednesday weigh ins!

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't forget to log your weight this week if you are doing the second part of summer spreadsheet challenge!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237789-ideal-protein-second-part-summer-spreadsheet-challenge.html

Maile
08-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Good morning..I am facing another hot day in eastern washington. going to do my gardening and workout early.
Well I was OP yesterday but ate the mushroom soup which is really high salt..Today I am up half a pound.

Good news..The Heinz low carb catsup is delicious.
Have a great day everyone.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.

colley
08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Good morning all, feel so much better than yesterday. All that TOM bloating went away, why couldn't I have had a WI today haha

colley
08-03-2011, 10:17 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.

Are you still losing inches?

Louisiana chick
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM

Just wondering if you have brought your food log to your coach. I know that my coach is more than happy to look at our logs and give us suggestions to improve our weight loss.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Just wondering if you have brought your food log to your coach. I know that my coach is more than happy to look at our logs and give us suggestions to improve our weight loss.

Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing. :?:

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Bellamack, I posted this last night but don't know if you saw it. I attribute my loss this week to eating more fish and asparagus Here is what I wrote!

Let me tell you what I ate the last 3 days! Breakfast: cappuccino Lunch: big salad with cukes, radishes, other stuff and made my own dressing (1tsp EVOO, 1 TSPB of apple cider vinegar, splenda and 1 chopped green onion) 2 egg whites and then make pudding cakes. Supper: 8 oz fish steamed in a Zip and Steam bag, lettuce with WF dressing, and 2 cups asparagus. Snack: a wildberry yogurt smoothie (I just make it with ice)

I really think that eating the fish and asparagus for 3 days before weigh in really helped!! And I drank 3/4 gallon of water.

See if that helps!!

Oh , I also had some Miralax for 2 days to help me go! Very gentle, no cramping or diarrhea with it.

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 10:29 AM

Have you been to a doctor to see if your thyroid is functioning properly? I sure feel for you. Oh, I just saw your post where your doctor thought this would work. Did he check your thyroid? Do you check your urine to see if you are actually in ketosis?Just some thoughts.

Pauley
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM

I will ask my coach tonight. I have my weigh-in after work today. You poor thing. I am discouraged after saying the same for 4 days. I would seriously be upset after 19 too.

I can't believe that 100+ degree weather in Oklahoma. How do you even live there? We have the opposite problem here. We've barely had a couple days over 80 this summer and nothing close to 90. The good part of that is that I don't need to buy shorts, as none of mine fit!

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing. :?:

I wonder if you are going into starvation mode. Are you hungry? If so, make sure that you are eating vegetables or having another (low carb) product when you are. There are times when I lose more when I eat more.

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Good morning IPers. It's Wi day for me. I'm down 2 lbs. I'm not out of the 190s yet, but I'm sooo close! I have my eye on 10 lbs lost in August so I'm buckling down- which will be extra difficult while traveling this week...180s here I come!

Way to go! Isn't it fun to look at the next "decade" of numbers in weight. I am eying the 170's this month!

gettinmygrooveback
08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Have you been to a doctor to see if your thyroid is functioning properly? I sure feel for you. Oh, I just saw your post where your doctor thought this would work. Did he check your thyroid? Do you check your urine to see if you are actually in ketosis?Just some thoughts.

Totally agree here. Please have your thyroid checked! Even though for years I was on medication for hypothyroidism and couldn't maintain a 10 pound weight loss to save my life, it wasn't until I had a full thyroid panel lab done that the true flaw in my thyroid was discovered. My medication was changed and I am freely loosing weight instead of "killing" myself with diet and exercise that did not work.

Oops...forgot to quote you Bellamack.....

calee
08-03-2011, 10:37 AM

You can do it Cindy!!

wheekers
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM

You can do it. I'm out of the 190's this week!

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 10:49 AM
and I am down 5.2 pounds. Saying that I am excited, motivated, surprised, and ecstatic is understatement, lol.

I had not weight myself all week, so this morning when I jumped on my scale, I had to stand there look at the number because it was not registering, lol. It was such an incredible feeling. I even by passed my first week on Atkins seven years ago when I lost little over 4 pounds. I did not think I could match that success and here I am by passing it. Of course then I was about 10 pounds lighter, but...

Anyhow, I had my official appointment early this morning and I was babbling to my coach how excited I am, lol. She got excited for me, lol. Her scale shows me about a pound lighter, so with my t-shirt and shorts I saw the same number I had seen at home which is very convenient, lol.

I am planning not to weight myself again until next week, I think seeing a huge loss is sweeter to me then seeing little losses every day. This way I can also measure my successes with how close I had stayed with the program.

I am so happy, lol. I also made it to my 10% loss. How sweet is that.

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone.

This is my first post on the daily post thread. Today I am going to be weighed for the first time but it's only the 5th day cuz I started on Saturday. I have a couple of questions:

I feel kinda crappy - not myself - tired, a bit constipated (very unusual for me), the other night I was dizzy. I know why I was tired the last few days - I have restless legs syndrome and ran out of meds, it was hot here but not hot like OK - OMG!!! how do you stand it, and I was sleeping on the couch - but I slept super great last night and I still feel weird.

I'm in ketosis and not really hungry. I'm eating lots of veggies and drinking my water. How long does this kind of thing last? Oh yeah, and I am usually good on low carb so I'm surprised at how I feel.

Another question - when you're using ketostix - how pink do you get? Do you ever get out of the 'small' pale pink. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Thank you - and in spite of how negative I sound, I am excited about my weigh in because my scale at home isn't working and I have no idea how I've done.

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Good Morning fellow IPers! Today is going to be another scorcher in Oklahoma (we could break an all time record for the hottest day which would mean a temperature above 113). My AC went out last night (not that I blame it as it's been getting a work out with 40 days over 100 degrees this summer), but the lovely BF fixed it last night! I've been OP with the exception of two times and I'm feeling great! NSV yesterday - I went to see one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. She was amazed at my weight loss. It makes you feel good when people notice and makes it so much easier to stay OP and not give into the cupcakes at the office :D. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Great job. I am so glad you got to amaze your friend.

Congratulations on losing 2 pounds. Hopefully soon you would be out of 190s and I out of 160s.

Woke up to a beautiful day! Wish I was back to running again because it was a perfect morning for a run. Only 67 degress, no humidity, no wind at all....wonderful! It is supposed to heat up to only about 90 today so that's a welcome change.

I was up a little more this morning so I'm going in the wrong direction. Didn't eat anything off plan so I know it's good ole' TOM causing trouble and I'm not stressing. I haven't "gone" to the bathroom in a few days either so that could be the culprit. I took an extra senekot this morning hoping to get things going and I'm crossing my fingers I don't go the other direction and end up in the bathroom all day at work. ;) In 42 days I have gone off once, Saturday and the 1 string cheese episode, so I'm super proud of myself but it makes me feel like I could've eaten any of the junk at Grandma's last week and still been in this spot. It doesn't mean I will go off the deep end and cheat, especially not the day before weigh in. Please woosh fairy visit me tonight.

Wow, 42 days and just one small cheat. That is an incredible will power. Good job. Hopefully you would see some loss tomorrow. Good luck.

No please don't quit. If you stay with the program you are going to see a loss. I agree 19 days is a long time waiting for the scale to go down, but hang in there, and hopefully with the help of more experience IPers here, your coach, your doctor, and yourself you either will figure out what is the problem, or you start losing again big time. Good luck.

Hello everyone.

This is my first post on the daily post thread. Today I am going to be weighed for the first time but it's only the 5th day cuz I started on Saturday. I have a couple of questions:

I feel kinda crappy - not myself - tired, a bit constipated (very unusual for me), the other night I was dizzy. I know why I was tired the last few days - I have restless legs syndrome and ran out of meds, it was hot here but not hot like OK - OMG!!! how do you stand it, and I was sleeping on the couch - but I slept super great last night and I still feel weird.

I'm in ketosis and not really hungry. I'm eating lots of veggies and drinking my water. How long does this kind of thing last? Oh yeah, and I am usually good on low carb so I'm surprised at how I feel.

Another question - when you're using ketostix - how pink do you get? Do you ever get out of the 'small' pale pink. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Thank you - and in spite of how negative I sound, I am excited about my weigh in because my scale at home isn't working and I have no idea how I've done.

Welcome. I just finished my first week and had my first weigh in today. Good luck on your weigh in and I hope that you get your energy back very soon. Somehow I have not felt rundown. I even went biking in the weekend and felt fine. I would say maybe drink more water. Anyhow welcome.

nikkib
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM

I know it was 62 here by Sioux Falls!!! I hear ya, stupid TOM. This was my first one in about 3 months. I have not been regular (PCOS) but I am hoping TOM will not cause problems too bad. YES the magical Woosh Fairy needs to visit South Dakota and take TOM with her :) You have done GREAT. Don't stress too much about it. It is what it is:)

ItsAboutTime
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Just walked past a coworker I see just every so often and he said to me, "You sure are melting away. Pretty soon we won't be able to see you." Oh if he only knew I have 40 pounds to go. I didn't share that though. Made me feel good since the scale isn't budging.

pselias
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM

I don't know how old you are, but could you be pregnant? My coach advises all women of child-bearing years to double up on contraceptives while on IP if they don't want to get pregnant. It messes with your hormones and can make it easier to conceive. She's had several "IP babies". their mom's restarted once they finished nursing. Just a thought.
Also, ask your coach to measure every week. I know that I lose the most inches during the weeks I have the smallest losses. Seems wrong, but I see the proof.

grannyto2bear
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone! It is a dull cloudy day here in Saskatchewan right now, suppose to get warm by afternoon. Today is my weigh in day at home and I am down 4 lbs since last week. Our clinic is 85 miles from home so we weigh in and pick up our food every other week. I so want to get back into onederland!!!!
When we started on IP I told my DH I can see this lasting not very long, now here we are 2 1/2 months eating IP and it just seems natural and love the success we are having. I have lost 41 1/2 lbs and 48 1/2", what other program would you ever been able to do that on? I LOVE IP
Have a great day everyone!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Capricious and Brummie - thank you for your kind words. as for reward I was going to get highlights but I just colored my hair so in a couple of weeks I will go and get a color and highlights... something different for sure... still looking for my first mini goal reward... I want sleeper earrings and having a hard time finding the ones I want... may have to settle for close. :hug::hug:

Wuv2 - you did a great job at that party last night, way to go.

Bella - It still could be from drinking propel, you haven't been off propel for too long. If no movement this week, I would do what Pxlkitty suggests maybe you are in starvation mode and need to add another packet. You know our bodies are all different and what works for some may not work for others. My numbers always have 2 bad weeks and 1 good week... but sometimes my body also says...hey wait a minute I am not ready... I know you have had new lose longer than I did but keep going. I would also check with your doctor like the other ladies said. Good luck.

Cindy - way to go, and you will do great while you are traveling... and buy a really nice dress while you are there.:hug::hug:

Well after a week of vacation, I came back to my office in chaos, my "co-worker" was looking after my things and apparently that just meant putting notes on everything saying they aren't working... so spent the first part of the morning fixing that and now as I have 2 other offices as well that "was being looked after" I can't wait to see them...
At least I only have a 3 day work week... thank goodness, may have be violent on someone if it was longer.:dizzy::dizzy:

whirlybird68
08-03-2011, 12:14 PM
You guys are very encouraging today. Let's all stay ip despite all the temptations!

fattu
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
:smug:PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you

I am scared of not losing aswell! Eventhough I am on my first week, and Friday is my 1st weigh-in.
But I will ask my consultant why that may happen!!!!???
Goodluck, and I hope you lose on your next WI!:smug:

useruser
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Finished 1st week! The scale showed 3.2 lbs lost. This is great but not as much as I expected for being the first week. Anyway, I'm pretty happy and look forward for offical weigh in with coach next week (she's out of town). I also look forward to measurements. I think some pants are already fitting better.

jordanna
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Talked to my coach about WF products and whether they are allowed or not and she orders them directly from Ideal Protein so she told me they are in fact endorced for use on IP protocol.

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I shopped in my closet again this morning! Oh my gosh, I look so good in the smaller clothes I put away last year (or was it the year before?) LOL!!! It really motivates me to stay on IP and keep this going! Does my husband know how much money I have saved him by losing weight!!! LOL (He still doesn't know how much I spend a week on IP products!)

Great job on all the losses and good luck to those who still have to weigh in!!

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
2riderollercoast, it's great to have those mini goal rewards isn't it. When I was losing weight on Atkins, every ten pounds I bought myself a gold bangle and I never took them off. People used to check out my bangles every time they saw me to see howmuch I had lost. Eventually I had five. that was in 2002 or 2003.

since then they've broken or disappeared but I'm planning to start up that ritual again only with silver bangles. I want nice hand crafted ones and I already have my first one picked out.

I think I'll go get weighed now during my lunch break.

sonoio
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
My week is going well...had my WI on Monday and only lost 1 lb, however, I also lost an inch in my waist so that's good. I think TOM is just around the corner so I am not concerned. I am getting ready to go on vacation so I stocked up on my IP foods and have a plan. I will not have my next WI until 8-16 so I am excited to see what that will be. Since we are going to be doing a lot of walking and hiking, I am hoping to lose more and to finally be in the 150s.
This is my 11 th week and like some of you who have been at this for a while, I too am challenged by the boredom factor. I am constantly checking out labels at the market and comparing these to the IP foods I am consuming.
I have been having the chocolate drink most every morning and see that it's the higher carb count than other IP packets. So, when I find something that is less carbs, less calories and no fat, I CAN't help but think it would be OK to substitute.

Case in point: I found a bread that is called Chompie's carbs not!
it has 58 calories for one slice, 2g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g of dietary fiber and <1g of sugar, also 7 g of protein.

Compare that to the chocolate IP drink:
120 calories, 1g of fat, 9g of carns, 2g of dietary fiber, 4g of sugar and 18g of protein.

What if I did one slice of this for breakfast with some scrambled egg whites to get the extra protein?

As I have mentioned before, my coach is not too keen on my questions and ideas so I turn to you all in asking this question.

Princess Jessica
08-03-2011, 01:11 PM
When I was losing weight on Atkins, every ten pounds I bought myself a gold bangle and I never took them off. People used to check out my bangles every time they saw me to see howmuch I had lost.

That is such a cute idea!!! I love that. I may have to find a way to steal this idea from you. :)

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Talked to my coach about WF products and whether they are allowed or not and she orders them directly from Ideal Protein so she told me they are in fact endorced for use on IP protocol.

My clinic has a big Walden Farm sign that says WF products are approved and available for sale at the health food store.

petie
08-03-2011, 01:16 PM

I would be crazy discouraged too. Are you losing inches? Maybe you are building (more) muscle and losing fat, that would make it a 'draw'. Stop walking??? I truly have no idea and would never discourage the exercise. I wish I had been more fit when I started this myself.

petie
08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
My week is going well...had my WI on Monday and only lost 1 lb, however, I also lost an inch in my waist so that's good. I think TOM is just around the corner so I am not concerned. I am getting ready to go on vacation so I stocked up on my IP foods and have a plan. I will not have my next WI until 8-16 so I am excited to see what that will be. Since we are going to be doing a lot of walking and hiking, I am hoping to lose more and to finally be in the 150s.
This is my 11 th week and like some of you who have been at this for a while, I too am challenged by the boredom factor. I am constantly checking out labels at the market and comparing these to the IP foods I am consuming.
I have been having the chocolate drink most every morning and see that it's the higher carb count than other IP packets. So, when I find something that is less carbs, less calories and no fat, I CAN't help but think it would be OK to substitute.

it has 58 calories for one slice, 2g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g of dietary fiber and <1g of sugar, also 7 g of protein.

120 calories, 1g of fat, 9g of carns, 2g of dietary fiber, 4g of sugar and 18g of protein.

What if I did one slice of this for breakfast with some scrambled egg whites to get the extra protein?

As I have mentioned before, my coach is not too keen on my questions and ideas so I turn to you all in asking this question.

No. If you're going to play the IP game, stop changing the rules.

jennydoodle
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
WI day, down 2.2 bringing me within an arms reach of the 140's AND 20# total loss. I am definitely hoping that next week will do me right! :) I feel like I have been in the 150's forever and am chomping at the bit to be done with them!

Bellamack- have you tried going to 4 packets a day? Sometimes you need to eat more to lose more. At this point it sounds like you are at your wits end (which I would be too), so why not give it a try? I have also heard that people who stick to chicken and fish on certain weeks have better losses. I know you have probably tried every tip out there, but just in case:

1). SALAD! Lots of it!
2). Chicken and fish (or turkey) no red meat
3). WATER! Just when you think you can't drink any more, drink another glass
4). Lemon in your water
5). If you use WF products, Crystal Light, Mio, Propel- anything like that, try cutting it all out for a week. You could be extremely sensitive to the fakeness of it.
6). Limit "soy" products. Especially the puffs, ridges etc... Soy could be having a big impact on your hormones. Some people are more sensitive to soy than others. I am very sensitive to soy and have a lot of hormone issues (prior to IP, so I stay clear of the soy products)
7). Try not to get on the scale everyday (if you are). I noticed the less stress, the better loss.
8). This also goes for if work or life is very stressful. If there is a lot going on, you may be holding on to weight b/c of stress or possibly lack of sleep.
9). Add another packet. Or add a couple of egg whites. Somehow, add in some extra protein.
10). I know this is frowned upon, and I KNOW you probably won't like this one, but there are some people who swear by a cheat. I know, I know, it bugs you when you read that people cheat, especially on a no cheat diet. But there are some people who swear that it helps break a plateau and they started losing again after a cheat day. I have not done this, so I can't speak from personal experience, but if I was in your position, I just might be tempted to try it.

Anyway, I don't know if I was able to provide you with anything that you didn't already know, but maybe there was something I could offer you.

fattu
08-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Finished 1st week! The scale showed 3.2 lbs lost. This is great but not as much as I expected for being the first week. Anyway, I'm pretty happy and look forward for offical weigh in with coach next week (she's out of town). I also look forward to measurements. I think some pants are already fitting better.

Goodjob!!!!
As long as your losing!!!
Im excited to see the number drop on Friday!!!! (Even its a lb)

Once again, GOOD JOB! :^:

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!

pselias
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
WI in 1 hour! So excited!!!!

fattu
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I am OUT of the 330's!!!!!! 328lbs.....WI #13 today and lost 4.2lbs which makes me a total of 60lbs!!!....I am soooo excited right now. This is what I weighed when I delivered my son 19 years ago. I guess Sandy's Woosh Fairy came to Mississippi today!

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
:D
KEEP IT UP!
Reading posts like this keeps me motivated!!!!
GREAT JOB!

pselias
08-03-2011, 01:55 PM

:cheer3: AMAZING!

grannyto2bear
08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! awesome job. I love your new picture. I always look forward to reading your posts, you are always so positive and helpful.

Watkat
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM

I know how you feel. I am eating more vegetables and adding more protein. I will see what happens next week. My WI is tomorrow but I am giving it another week to see what happens.
Wuv2b suggested I eat all of my vegtables. (My coach had me down to 2 cups to help me lose.) I had a coach who really did not care and so it screwed me up for a month and maybe more. I do not deal with her anymore. I have a job where I don't get a lot of time to eat and do not take a lunch break, long story. Anyway, sometimes I dont get all of my vegetables.
And I know a lot of people say an extra packet of protein may help.
So, I will see what happens next Thursday. I will not give up. If this doesn't work I will think of something else.

Travel Gal
08-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Had my third WI today-lost 4.25 lbs and 8 inches! The weight loss is slightly under what I'd lost the first 2 weeks, but man...the inches just flew off! At my last weigh in, I'd lost a total of 2 inches between the first 2 weeks. This 8 inches was all in one week!!!! :carrot: So since I've started IP on 7/15/11, I've lost 15.25 lbs and 10 inches. Holy crap!!!!!

My coach thinks I'll be on phase one for about another month or so before I start going onto phase two. I have to admit...I chose Ideal Protein because I knew it had pretty rapid results initially, which is what I need to stay motivated, but I wasn't quite prepared for this! When I saw other people's posts about losing so much weight in a manner of weeks, I was like "I know I'll do good, but not that good. So I am pretty stinkin' excited right now.

Today is veggie chopping day and laundry day, then going out to sing some karaoke with co-workers tonight. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Bellamack, I am here now, I had to go do my weigh in this morning and had to go pick up one of my drivers because his bus needed to be worked on. Add more protein for this week and we will see what you do on friday. STOP weighing yourself at home!!! Wait for your WI day's because you seeing NO chance everyday is getting you upset and stressing you out!! and YOU don't need STRESS because your numbers aren't going down. PROMISE me (us) you won't weigh in until your WI day on Friday!!

I am now 16% of my goal that I want to reach (thanks to the spreadsheet).
Thanks everyone, I am in a wonderful mood today (usually everyday) but I guess I got enough sleep last night and I am full of energy today. I called my mom and was talking a mile a minute she said SLOW DOWN!!!...lol...I already talk fast being from La...ha. I hope everyone has an awesome 100% OP day!

patns
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Good morning all.
I have a hard time going back and finding things, I have never seen a board as busy as this one! Several days ago I saw table I think Jordanna had posted waay back giving all the nutrient info on the IP products. I actually don't calculate things for myself, I figure what is on the protocol sheet has already been figured out for us so don't waste any brain cells trying to reinvent the wheel. Also so my coach seems very knowledgable so I don't have to second guess what she tells me. After reading some stories here I think I lucked out with that.

But I think I may have misinterpeted something I read on that table. I thought I read that the premade chocolate drinks were lower carb than other things. I thought they would be very convenient for my breakfast during my long commute when I go back to work. So I bought a six pack of them. But already I'm missing the crunch of the cereal package. Are the premade shakes lower in carbs?

Pat

jennydoodle
08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Premade (chocolate) has 4 carbs. The crispy cereal has 7, so to answer your question, yes.

coliep
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Bella - I have read in several threads about people who hit a plateau yet had not cheated and still had a lot to lose. They were advised to increase their evening protein -- something like from 8 to 10 ounces. Perhaps try that (and if it is just too much for one sitting, have it on a salad mid afternoon for a snack). If it is a pure protein (vs an IP product) than you don't run risks with carb increases and the mere 50-100 calories that it would add could actually be beneficial, as some people need to maintain a particular calorie count or their body acts the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

Also, are you having normal bowel movements? I know for me that i really struggled with that and a 3-4 day accumulation of food can wreak havoc with the scales. Just a thought . . .

I can imagine this is very discouraging but I am certain there is a solution in sight and the Whoosh Fairy will be along shortly!

patns
08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Premade (chocolate) has 4 carbs. The crispy cereal has 7, so to answer your question, yes.

Thanks, that's what I thought I had read, but thought I was wrong when I read a previous post on this thread. The premixed drinks will be very handy during my hectic early mornings when I actually don't want to eat anything.

Now if I can just learn to handle the straw!

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
This is my first week and i'm afraid not to lose much either, i've been so disappointed with other programs in the past few years...although my scales shows a 9lbs lost, i doubt its accurate. Good luck on friday, my first weight is monday.

THINK POSITIVE!!...maybe you did lose that 9lbs, just follow the program and its DOES work. Some like Bellamack and Watkat just have to figure out what works for them. Once the kinks are out, they will start to lose. ALL of us are different. Don't weigh yourself again til Monday when you WI so you will be super surprised at your WI!!

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Holy Smoke! I just had my first WI and even though it's only been 5 days I lost 7 lbs. 10 oz. I am super excited but also I can't help but be doubtful - I'm thinking that's just IMPOSSIBLE. I'm thinking that perhaps before my first WI I had a whole pile to drink and forgot! It's so much for such a short time.

I was looking forward to picking out my food - because the first batch was just a variety picked out by the coach. No such luck - she is so BOSSY. I got to choose but she was super strict with what I could select. Told me right up front I couldn't get a whole bunch of the choc soy puffs. Limited my bars. Made me go meal by meal and tell her so she could decide if the days foods were a good balance.

When I told her I had a plan for the days I worked out - workout 5:30 am and then an omelet with an added egg she said no. First of all she was not impressed that I wanted to start working out and so I had to promise to limit it - she insisted on knowing how many days - and limit the weights I lift etc. Then she told me on workout days to have a bar before I go and then to have a real omelet with two eggs for breakfast after my workout. And then I have to have a higher carb meal for lunch too. She was FIERCE. And she said if I wanted to work out hard during the diet, this wasn't the diet for me.

Wow! So I'm going to trust her at this point because the clinic seems to be getting good results.

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Holy Smoke! I just had my first WI and even though it's only been 5 days I lost 7 lbs. 10 oz. I am super excited but also I can't help but be doubtful - I'm thinking that's just IMPOSSIBLE. I'm thinking that perhaps before my first WI I had a whole pile to drink and forgot! It's so much for such a short time.

I was looking forward to picking out my food - because the first batch was just a variety picked out by the coach. No such luck - she is so BOSSY. I got to choose but she was super strict with what I could select. Told me right up front I couldn't get a whole bunch of the choc soy puffs. Limited my bars. Made me go meal by meal and tell her so she could decide if the days foods were a good balance.

When I told her I had a plan for the days I worked out - workout 5:30 am and then an omelet with an added egg she said no. First of all she was not impressed that I wanted to start working out and so I had to promise to limit it - she insisted on knowing how many days - and limit the weights I lift etc. Then she told me on workout days to have a bar before I go and then to have a real omelet with two eggs for breakfast after my workout. And then I have to have a higher carb meal for lunch too. She was FIERCE. And she said if I wanted to work out hard during the diet, this wasn't the diet for me.

Wow! So I'm going to trust her at this point because the clinic seems to be getting good results.

It's not impossible my first week I lost 9.8lbs and 13inches. Just go with it, 7lbs is great regardless if you drank a lot of water at your first weigh in or not, its a LOSS!! Your coach seems to be one that cares about what is going on with you. She may be bossy but try it her way and you may get great results. It doesn't hurt to try it her way and if it doesn't work you can say hey it didn't work and do something else. Never know what will work until you try it out first! Great job!

Busymomx4
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so inspiring :)

brummie
08-03-2011, 03:05 PM

That is fantastic...60lbs in 13 weeks! You should be on the official IP website with incredible results like that! You truly are an inspiration. Congratulations!

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks wuv2bLoved, and congrats on being out of the 330s!

I have to admit, that I had to respect her for being totally willing to lose me as a client rather than letting me call the shots. I kinda feel that it makes me think she knows what she's talking about. And she had details and scientific reasons to back up her stand.

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks a bunch!! This program definitely works!!!

whirlybird68
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Great job wuv2! Good job user. Excited to think about ME having a thin frame for the first time in 4 years.

Tonz
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Well it's time for a little payback --pay you bac for all your encouragment you've given me. Fan-tas-tic, way to go and continue to show us how it's done.

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
On a personal note, I have to take my 3-yr-old to a pool party this evening for our neighbor's kid who is turning 5. I am NOT dreading it. I like my bathing suit. I will not be hiding. I LOVE IP!

For the newbies out there, stick with the program. Even if you don't lose at all one week, you are not gaining. You are still on your way to getting a whole new body and a whole new life!

Thanks a bunch!! This program definitely works!!!

Love that smile in your last picture. You look mah-ve-lous!

pselias
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Down 3.2 lbs & 4.5 inches this week! My thighs are melting, but I wish my hips would get the memo. If it weren't for them I could probably be in a size 12 already. But I feel great, and I am very optimistic about hitting 170s next week.
My BMI is down to 25.4! I am super close to no longer being overweight, and I've left obese in the dust!!!

becca1978
08-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I haven't read the entire thread today yet. But I am trying to compare the IP food to see what I need to look for in alternatives when I hit Phase 4. I thought I remember seeing a spreadsheet with all of the IP nutritional information, but now I can't figure out where it is. I found a pdf version, but not the spreadsheet. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

MJKinMN
08-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Wuv2b: LOOKING GOOD GIRL!!!!!! I love the new pic! :)

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 03:59 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are so inspiring :)

That is fantastic...60lbs in 13 weeks! You should be on the official IP website with incredible results like that! You truly are an inspiration. Congratulations!

Wuv2b: LOOKING GOOD GIRL!!!!!! I love the new pic! :)

Thank you:D:D:D:D:D:D

MJKinMN
08-03-2011, 04:04 PM
NSV: July 11th I went into my closet and pulled out a pair of shorts and a top that I THOUGHT would fit...(not so much, I couldnt even get the shorts buttoned..lol).
Yesterday I pulled out the same shorts and top and thought "what the heck, lets see" got them on AND buttoned. DH says he is liking what he sees and is so encouraging telling me every day what a great job I am doing and how proud he is of me....(told me that last night while he was eating his nightly ice cream and I was eating my nightly rhubarb) lol...so happy to hear of other's success on IP also... this group is great~!

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I haven't read the entire thread today yet. But I am trying to compare the IP food to see what I need to look for in alternatives when I hit Phase 4. I thought I remember seeing a spreadsheet with all of the IP nutritional information, but now I can't figure out where it is. I found a pdf version, but not the spreadsheet. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

See if this works.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMr939oK&key=0Avf2WtOu--l5dHREdktiVEkwZEtLMU1tR1NZWTRXd0E&hl=en&authkey=CMr939oK#gid=0

I do what I call the double search. Search feature on 3FC stinks... So

1) Search with google using fancy search terms. The "site:" option tells google to search on a specific website. This is what I typed in for this one:

"ideal protein alternatives spreadsheet site:3fatchicks.com"

(You don't need to type the quotes.)

2) That takes you to search results. Once you click on a page that looks promising, you are at the top of the page, so you might not see the exact thread that you are looking for. So... hit Ctrl+F (find) and then type something like "spreadsheet" to find which entries of the thread have one of the words that you are looking for. Voila!

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
See if this works.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMr939oK&key=0Avf2WtOu--l5dHREdktiVEkwZEtLMU1tR1NZWTRXd0E&hl=en&authkey=CMr939oK#gid=0

1) Search with google using fancy search terms. The "site:" option tells google to search on a specific website. This is what I typed in for this one:

2) That takes you to search results. Once you click on a page that looks promising, you are at the top of the page, so you might not see the exact thread that you are looking for. So... hit Ctrl+F (find) and then type something like "spreadsheet" to find which entries of the thread have one of the words that you are looking for. Voila!

I love this search tip! thanks for sharing it!

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I love this search tip! thanks for sharing it!

This is also a great thing to use when you are trying to figure out how much to charge for things on craigslist. I can search all of craigslist at once, rather than individual cities.

patns
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks wuv2bLoved, and congrats on being out of the 330s!

I have to admit, that I had to respect her for being totally willing to lose me as a client rather than letting me call the shots. I kinda feel that it makes me think she knows what she's talking about. And she had details and scientific reasons to back up her stand.

Did you read the book you can download from the sticky? The whole program was originally designed for athletes so they wouldn't lose weight by losing muscle. There is quite a bit of research behind what your coach is telling you. Too bad she is controlling your product selection so tightly though.

futureskinnygirl
08-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Down 3.2 lbs & 4.5 inches this week! My thighs are melting, but I wish my hips would get the memo. If it weren't for them I could probably be in a size 12 already. But I feel great, and I am very optimistic about hitting 170s next week.
My BMI is down to 25.4! I am super close to no longer being overweight, and I've left obese in the dust!!!

Great job! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to be out of the "obese" category too!

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Attn people who purchases boxes of food: Where do you purchase this? Always through a doctor or is there a site?

Pxlkitty4
08-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Attn people who purchases boxes of food: Where do you purchase this? Always through a doctor or is there a site?

Please check out the sticky threads here. There is a lot of information posted there, but you will need to invest some time and do some reading.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html

MJKinMN
08-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Walden Farms Ranch dressing: TERRIBLE STUFF!

However, with that being said, I followed a suggestion from another blog that mentioned adding Hidden Valley powdered ranch to the bottle. I personally prefer their buttermilk ranch so I dumped the bottle into a container, added the buttermilk ranch packet to it and stuck it back into the fridge for a few days. I just had it on my lunch salad and found that it is now not too bad! It kind of reminds me of a store or generic brand of ranch. Just thought I would share! Have a great day all!!!

pselias
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Does anyone else find themselves walking around with their hands in their pockets so they can hold their pants up? :D

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
NSV: July 11th I went into my closet and pulled out a pair of shorts and a top that I THOUGHT would fit...(not so much, I couldnt even get the shorts buttoned..lol).
Yesterday I pulled out the same shorts and top and thought "what the heck, lets see" got them on AND buttoned. DH says he is liking what he sees and is so encouraging telling me every day what a great job I am doing and how proud he is of me....(told me that last night while he was eating his nightly ice cream and I was eating my nightly rhubarb) lol...so happy to hear of other's success on IP also... this group is great~!

Does anyone else find themselves walking around with their hands in their pockets so they can hold their pants up? :D

Isn't it a GREAT feeling???

becca1978
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
See if this works.

Awesome!!! Thank you for both the searching tips and the spreadsheet!! I think that is what I am looking for!

There are just so many options of alternative products that I want to make sure I get ones that do fall into the same calorie, carb, etc., ranges of the IP products.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM

I take Synthroid, but maybe I need an adjustment and I am definitely in ketosis. I bought ketostix and they have tested postive every time I have checked morning, afternoon and evening.

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Walden Farms CHIPOTLE Ranch is good. Real bite to it.

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Thank you Patris. I'll check that out.

JackieGee
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Bellamack, when you use the ketostix are the just a little pink (trace or small) or do you get into the medium or large range. I have used them before for Atkins and now I'm using them again and I don't know what is to be expected. I rarely get past small - pale pink

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks Pxlkitty4!

wuv2bloved, you are definitely one of my role models on here! Love the pep and love the advice!!

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Bellamack, when you use the ketostix are the just a little pink (trace or small) or do you get into the medium or large range. I have used them before for Atkins and now I'm using them again and I don't know what is to be expected. I rarely get past small - pale pink

Mine are always in the first phase (pale), but definitely positive. I think it is because we drink so much H2O.

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I take Synthroid, but maybe I need an adjustment and I am definitely in ketosis. I bought ketostix and they have tested postive every time I have checked morning, afternoon and evening.

Bellamack, I also take Synthroid, I take .150mg daily. If you haven't had it checked lately I would definitely have it done again!

Thanks Pxlkitty4!

wuv2bloved, you are definitely one of my role models on here! Love the pep and love the advice!!

Thanks Krista, you are sweet. I like to keep my spirits up and I like passing around the good vibes around to everyone else also :)

becca1978
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM

The chipotle is way to spicy for me. I am having a really hard time eating the Walden farms dressings.

I am almost to the point of pouring a little real ranch on my salads. Some of the stuff I have just has 2 g of carb, but also calories and fat. I use less than 2 TBS.

Our clinic doesn't really let you use restricted until you hit goal and I normally have the chocolate RTDs. So I don't think the extra 2 to 4 carbs a day will put me back that much.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Congrats to you Wuv2b, you are rockin' eveything, so happy for you!
I promise not to weigh until my official friday weigh-in, because you are right, it is stressing me.

Watkat, what did we do to deserve this? I am hoping that the whoosh fairy is on her way to upstate NY for my friday weigh-in, which will be 21 days since the scale moved. She best show up with bells on!

ItsAboutTime
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
I have to do someone elses job until Tuesday so I wasn't at my desk all day and I got really behind on the thread!

Way to go all of you who had great losses. Looks like this isn't my week for that. :( I weigh in tomorrow so we shall see.

Like I mentioned, I'm doing a different job so I'm on my feet all day instead of sitting at a desk. I was super tired when I got off since I'm not used to that. I haven't done this since I started IP so it may be that.

I'm starving so I'm off to make dinner. Trying to think of something light so I have a great weigh in tomorrow but I'm feeling super lazy and don't really want to make anything at all and I'm struggling.

Whoever has the woosh fairy needs to send her on her way so she makes it to South Dakota over night. ;)

niknakjack
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Bellamik, are you on any medications. My sister did the diet for 4 weeks and was on a serious depression medication and lost zero lbs., she even gained a couple and followed the program to a T. Never ate anything that was off the program but it didn't work because of this medication she is on. She had done the diet 2 years earlier and lost over 10lbs. in a matter of a few weeks so she new the diet worked but then gained an enormous amount of weight from this medication and thought the diet would help but it didn't.

I can see how that would be discouraging, hope things start to turn around for you soon!

MJKinMN
08-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Jackie I might have to try that one next...So far I managed to make the regular ranch tollerable and like the french dressing so Chipltle is next! :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Watkat
08-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I promise not to weigh until my official friday weigh-in, because you are right, it is stressing me.

Watkat, what did we do to deserve this? I am hoping that the whoosh fairy is on her way to upstate NY for my friday weigh-in, which will be 21 days since the scale moved. She best show up with bells on!

Well, I think we will figure it out. I am not giving up, yet.

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I have to do someone elses job until Tuesday so I wasn't at my desk all day and I got really behind on the thread!

Way to go all of you who had great losses. Looks like this isn't my week for that. :( I weigh in tomorrow so we shall see.

Like I mentioned, I'm doing a different job so I'm on my feet all day instead of sitting at a desk. I was super tired when I got off since I'm not used to that. I haven't done this since I started IP so it may be that.

I'm starving so I'm off to make dinner. Trying to think of something light so I have a great weigh in tomorrow but I'm feeling super lazy and don't really want to make anything at all and I'm struggling.

Whoever has the woosh fairy needs to send her on her way so she makes it to South Dakota over night. ;)

The week we had water in our house and I worked like a dog I gained a pound. I am wondering if I did too much "exercise" and probably should have had another IP packet. So don't starve yourself, you made need the protein.

petie
08-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Please check out the sticky threads here. There is a lot of information posted there, but you will need to invest some time and do some reading.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html

AMAZING WONDERFUL LADY! Thanks for always taking care of stuff (us) and the search tip is way too cool. and the spreadsheet **thanks**.

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Bellamik, are you on any medications. My sister did the diet for 4 weeks and was on a serious depression medication and lost zero lbs., she even gained a couple and followed the program to a T. Never ate anything that was off the program but it didn't work because of this medication she is on. She had done the diet 2 years earlier and lost over 10lbs. in a matter of a few weeks so she new the diet worked but then gained an enormous amount of weight from this medication and thought the diet would help but it didn't.

I can see how that would be discouraging, hope things start to turn around for you soon!

The only med I take is Synthroid, although i think I may need an anti-depressant, I have been crying today for no real reason other than this stupid diet.

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
The only med I take is Synthroid, although i think I may need an anti-depressant, I have been crying today for no real reason other than this stupid diet.

I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time.

Someone posted that stress causes weight gain. I knew that sleep deprivation causes weight gain but I didn't know about stress. I always thought weight gain of sleep deprivation is because we eat to compensate for less sleep.

I just searched weight loss and stress and there are couple of pages that describe one gains weight because of stress, simply because some turns to food to calm down. But this site (http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/weightgain.htm) has another explanation:

There are several ways in which stress can contribute to weight gain. One has to do with cortisol, a stress hormone. When we’re under stress, the fight or flight response is triggered in our bodies, leading to the release of various hormones.

Whether we're stressed because of constant, crazy demands at work or we're really in danger, our bodies respond like we're about to be harmed and need to fight for our lives (or run like heck). To answer this need, we experience a burst of energy, shifts in metabolism and blood flow, and other changes.

If you remain in this state for a prolonged amount of time due to chronic stress, your health becomes at risk. Aside from a host of other dangers, chronic stress can also cause weight gain -- which is why some products like Cortislim are marketed as diet aids.

Could it be that you are not losing because you are too stressed out about not losing?

JoseyM
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
:?:This not being home to follow threads all day STINKS....Thank heavens I can text and bug WUV2B who did awesome on her weigh in today....

So tomorrow I have to be at school from 7am to 7:15 pm.....I am stressing on what to do about dinner........????????? ugggghhhh, what if I have only an IP product? Suggestions???

Bellamack
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time.

Someone posted that stress causes weight gain. I knew that sleep deprivation causes weight gain but I didn't know about stress. I always thought weight gain of sleep deprivation is because we eat to compensate for less sleep.

I just searched weight loss and stress and there are couple of pages that describe one gains weight because of stress, simply because some turns to food to calm down. But this site (http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/weightgain.htm) has another explanation:

There are several ways in which stress can contribute to weight gain. One has to do with cortisol, a stress hormone. When we’re under stress, the fight or flight response is triggered in our bodies, leading to the release of various hormones.

Whether we're stressed because of constant, crazy demands at work or we're really in danger, our bodies respond like we're about to be harmed and need to fight for our lives (or run like heck). To answer this need, we experience a burst of energy, shifts in metabolism and blood flow, and other changes.

If you remain in this state for a prolonged amount of time due to chronic stress, your health becomes at risk. Aside from a host of other dangers, chronic stress can also cause weight gain -- which is why some products like Cortislim are marketed as diet aids.

Could it be that you are not losing because you are too stressed out about not losing?

I generally handle stress pretty well, have worked for fortune 500 company for 25 yrs. with highly responsible postitions. I took early retiremen (53 yrs old) and started to work on my weight and I didn't lose anything on 3 months of Nutrisystem, so joined WW and only lost 3 lbs. and then CC for a few weeks with no change (1200 C/day), then on to this that started great, but now is getting on my nerves. I am staying the coarse for now!

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Niknakjack: what med was she on?

JoLoMN
08-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Had my weigh in today. I lost 3.2 lbs! I'm totally doing a happy dance in my chair! This is my first back-to-back 3 lb weight loss since week 6. I must thank all of you for your insight and encouragement. I joined this site as things were starting to slow down for me and through your posts you inspired me to: (1) give up Crystal Light (2) stop stepping the on the scale (3) try things boot camp style, and (4) really focus on my goals.

To all who are struggling, I truly hope things turn around quickly! Keep going! To all who shared WI and NSV successes - keep going and keep sharing - you always make my day!

Jo

chellebee72
08-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm a "newbie" started in June. I formally introduced myself in the "Inroduce Yourself" thread. I had a 3.4 loss today. I also went off program today. I know I know....bad! I will do my protein before I go to sleep and tomorrow will be a brand new day.

I have been trying to read threads but I get so darn busy.

Congrats to all that have had any kind of victories!!!!!!!

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I generally handle stress pretty well, have worked for fortune 500 company for 25 yrs. with highly responsible postitions. I took early retiremen (53 yrs old) and started to work on my weight and I didn't lose anything on 3 months of Nutrisystem, so joined WW and only lost 3 lbs. and then CC for a few weeks with no change (1200 C/day), then on to this that started great, but now is getting on my nerves. I am staying the coarse for now!

Wow, that is so impressive, first working for a fortune 500 for 25 years, and second being able to retire at 53, way to go.

I am so glad you are sticking with your plan. I am/we are rooting for you. You are going to be successful at this weigh loss just like you have been successful at your job for so many years. I am sure of it.

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Chellebee: as long as you don't continue to cheat you'll be fine! Hope it was something tasty!

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Had my weigh in today. I lost 3.2 lbs! I'm totally doing a happy dance in my chair! This is my first back-to-back 3 lb weight loss since week 6. I must thank all of you for your insight and encouragement. I joined this site as things were starting to slow down for me and through your posts you inspired me to: (1) give up Crystal Light (2) stop stepping the on the scale (3) try things boot camp style, and (4) really focus on my goals.

To all who are struggling, I truly hope things turn around quickly! Keep going! To all who shared WI and NSV successes - keep going and keep sharing - you always make my day!

Jo

Congratulations. Great job.

rachelearth
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm a "newbie" started in June. I formally introduced myself in the "Inroduce Yourself" thread. I had a 3.4 loss today. I also went off program today. I know I know....bad! I will do my protein before I go to sleep and tomorrow will be a brand new day.

I have been trying to read threads but I get so darn busy.

Congrats to all that have had any kind of victories!!!!!!!

Congratulations on 3.4 loss.

sandyh50
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I had ground turkey and cabbage for supper. Now I am feeling bloated! LOL. My coach told me not to use beano. I think I should have though for this meal. She was trying to sell me the enzymes.

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 10:37 PM

Bella, you will be LESS STRESSED not weighing everyday I promise! We will figure out what is going on with the 2 of you and get y'all to losing weight, just give us a minute....ha

Well, I think we will figure it out. I am not giving up, yet.

THAT is what I like to hear Wat, I AM NOT GIVING UP!!!...we WILL figure it out!!!!

:?:This not being home to follow threads all day STINKS....Thank heavens I can text and bug WUV2B who did awesome on her weigh in today....

So tomorrow I have to be at school from 7am to 7:15 pm.....I am stressing on what to do about dinner........????????? ugggghhhh, what if I have only an IP product? Suggestions???

Josey you text me anytime just like this morning when I got your text at 5:41am :) I am always there for you!! Dinner tomorrow night sounds like a bigmac bowl or eat your protein for lunch chicken salad!

Sherwood
08-03-2011, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=becca1978;3971833]The chipotle is way to spicy for me. I am having a really hard time eating the Walden farms dressings.

The Chipotle IS strong - try cutting it by mixing 1/2 regular WF Ranch, I enjoy it much better that way.

Sherwood
08-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Wuv2

Awesome job!!!! Your pics look fabulous and what a great record of the celebration down to the new you!!

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Wuv2

Awesome job!!!! Your pics look fabulous and what a great record of the celebration down to the new you!!

Thank you :)

petie
08-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Thank you :)

Ditto, awesome job and I love the good vibes and the pep and the love. You look like you feel 100% gorgeous. Very Nice!

wuv2bloved
08-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Ditto, awesome job and I love the good vibes and the pep and the love. You look like you feel 100% gorgeous. Very Nice!

awwww thank you, that is very sweet :):hug:

chellebee72
08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
The cheat was super yummy! But it's done and over....back on track!!!!!

Good night to everybody! My 12 hr workday kicked my hiney!!!

murleya1
08-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I had to log in to verify a code deploy tonight and caught up on all the daily chat while I was waiting. Congrats to all doing so well.

I was doing a 3 mile walk for a couple weeks and I decided that that was too intense while on this diet. So I am trying to do 1 mile a day everyday. It does not seem like much and not even close to what I did in the past. But I don't feel bad the next day after that smaller walk. So anyway tonight was night 3 of doing my 1 mile walk.

I love hearing all the success. And I needed it tonight. I was thinking about cakes and cookies before I jumped on here. It has kept me strong. Thank you all!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-04-2011, 01:57 AM
2riderollercoast, it's great to have those mini goal rewards isn't it. When I was losing weight on Atkins, every ten pounds I bought myself a gold bangle and I never took them off. People used to check out my bangles every time they saw me to see howmuch I had lost. Eventually I had five. that was in 2002 or 2003.

since then they've broken or disappeared but I'm planning to start up that ritual again only with silver bangles. I want nice hand crafted ones and I already have my first one picked out.

I think I'll go get weighed now during my lunch break.I think a little reward has you looking forward to your next goal... My last goal is my BIG one, I am getting a necklace with both of my dog's paw prints on them... it is a little expensive but if I put the $80 I use for IP every week in for one month I will be able to afford it. I can't wait to get there as my old dog isn't getting any younger and it is time...

As I have mentioned before, my coach is not too keen on my questions and ideas so I turn to you all in asking this question.please read what petie said... don't change the rules, follow them. don't drink the chocolate drink, buy the chocolate pudding and mix it with extra water... I use my puddings as drinks all the time... just don't go outside the rules... remember follow phase 1 and it says anything not on this list has to be 0/0/0,this is why I am hoping your coach told you don't worry about the carbs/etc. as that is what you are paying them for... follow the program and you will be fine.

Wow! So I'm going to trust her at this point because the clinic seems to be getting good results.Congrats on the weight loss... It really sounds like your coach really cares about you and your weight loss goal... yes she may be strict but I bet if you follow her, you will have awesome weight loss. I agree with her on the limiting the bars and the puffs... I always have them on hand but I might only have one a week... It seems that the bars somehow cause you to crave sugar and a lot of people end up cheating because they can't get enough of them....so I like your coaches attitude, I have heard some coaches just mail it in, I would prefer yours.:hug:

Thanks a bunch!! This program definitely works!!!You are working it Girl that is for sure... keep up the good work.

Yesterday I pulled out the same shorts and top and thought "what the heck, lets see" got them on AND buttoned. DH says he is liking what he sees and is so encouraging telling me every day what a great job I am doing and how proud he is of me....(told me that last night while he was eating his nightly ice cream and I was eating my nightly rhubarb) lol...so happy to hear of other's success on IP also... this group is great~!Awe he sounds sweet. It is nice to have someone cheering you on. I am ever greatful to get encouragement at work and here... over heard someone say today that everytime the see me she is getting smaller than me (of course the lady is pregnant right now... but I think she meant before baby.)One of the guy's that I encouraged to start, feel off during vacation but he said that he is so proud of me and asked how much I lost so far... Keep up the good work.

Walden Farms Ranch dressing: TERRIBLE STUFF!

However, with that being said, I followed a suggestion from another blog that mentioned adding Hidden Valley powdered ranch to the bottle. I personally prefer their buttermilk ranch so I dumped the bottle into a container, added the buttermilk ranch packet to it and stuck it back into the fridge for a few days. I just had it on my lunch salad and found that it is now not too bad! It kind of reminds me of a store or generic brand of ranch. Just thought I would share! Have a great day all!!!well Last time I checked most powder dressing mixes are not 0/0/0 and therefore you are adding calories, fat, carbs and probably sugar. So if that is okay with you then continue but it still may slow down your weight loss. the recipe links here have a lot of different dressing mixes that are really good, you just really have to want to experiment. Take care.

It kind of makes me sad to read how some of you newbies are having bad weeks and may quit. I know it is expensive, don't have to tell me I have been here for 6 months now. I also think it is so worth it. I do have some suggestions:

When you go to the market, have your grocery list ready and don't go wondering down aisle picking up items to see what the nutritional value is... if it isn't on IPs list you can't have it anyway...

It is so tempting to cheat the first little while but if you think about your end goal and how much sooner you will get there without cheats, it makes it so worth it. And you really get a boost when you fit the temptations..

The newbies thread is great, but just remember you are all new to this and there might not be the place to get the answers you need and not the ones you are looking for. I after 6 months still have questions... I read the facts sheets, the recipes, all of the phases stickies and anything that will help me even just a little bit to succeed.

I may not make friends on this site but that is okay because I do want you all to have the most optimal opportunity to lose your weight by following this program. This is a NO CHEAT diet. Yes you may fall, so pick yourself up and get back up. Going into ketosis is great, but the more you cheat the more likely it will kick you out of ketosis... and then the cycle continues. The problem with that is that is really hard on your body....

Lastly I will quite rambling but read Dr Tran's book, it explains so much and it helps you make the correct choices.

Welcome newbies, congrats all the the NSVs and the SVs.

Have a good night.:hug: