Weight Loss Support - Whats your NUMBER ONE reason?

View Full Version : Whats your NUMBER ONE reason?

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Are you having health problems?
Do you want to impress old boyfriends/girlfriends?
Do you want to be more confident?

Whats your NUMBER ONE reason for wanting to drop the weight??

I'm feeling a little discouraged and I want to know why most of you ladies and gentlemen are in this..

Summer2010
08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I just want to look good for myself...and to be healthier and stronger overall.

singing
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm 48-My son is 19-I want to be a healthy grandma..not too soon,of course.

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm 48-My son is 19-I want to be a healthy grandma..not too soon,of course.

Yeah, I'm 19, and I'm not near ready to be a mommy! So yeah, not too soon:D

And so solely health?

trowter
08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I am doing it for my health first and foremost, and then to look good after that. I am a type II diabetic, that cannot handle any extra weight without my sugars going out of whack.

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I am doing it for my health first and foremost, and then to look good after that. I am a type II diabetic, that cannot handle any extra weight without my sugars going out of whack.

That's a very important reason. It's good that a lot of peoples main reason is for health, and for themselves.

I feel shallow, but my main reason is that I feel like I'm watching my life pass me by because I'm not happy when I leave the house.
I want to shop, hang with my friends and boyfriend without feeling like the fatty in the group.

PghGal
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think I have just ONE reason. I know, I'm new and already stepping out of line!! :P Seriously ... health is a big one, confidence would be the second. I would say "relationships" ... but honestly, if my self-confidence increases, I have no doubt that my relationships with others will improve.

Regarding my health, I'm 28 and earlier this year, I started having knee and heel pain. This was a HUGE wake-up call for me. Time for a CHANGE, for good.

brillmama2
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I have been unhappy about my weight for a while.. we moved and had a pool. My husband snapped a pic of me in my(former) swimsuit. And sent it to me with a sexy and sweet letter and even though he was likeing it I saw it and was like wtf.... I look terrible. So I initialy went swimsuit shopping.. but they all made me look fat... I decided it wasn't the suits makeing me look fat that it was me and I decided ib was not going to buy a new one I was gonna get backbinto mysit from 2years and 20lbs ago... now it fits great and I am feeling so much better anout me, but I can't wait to see another 30disapear!!!!!

Proatthis
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I want to live a healthy lifestyle and be a healthy weight to be a great example for my two daughters. I want them to see their mother eat well and exercise and stay active and have confidence.

My girls have always been my motivation and my main source of why I do a lot to better my life.

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
I have been unhappy about my weight for a while.. we moved and had a pool. My husband snapped a pic of me in my(former) swimsuit. And sent it to me with a sexy and sweet letter and even though he was likeing it I saw it and was like wtf.... I look terrible. So I initialy went swimsuit shopping.. but they all made me look fat... I decided it wasn't the suits makeing me look fat that it was me and I decided ib was not going to buy a new one I was gonna get backbinto mysit from 2years and 20lbs ago... now it fits great and I am feeling so much better anout me, but I can't wait to see another 30disapear!!!!!

Amazing what 30lb difference can make. That's about how much I am trying to lose.
And it was very sweet of your husband to do that, but I don't think he was trying to be sweet. He just loved you how you were:) what does he say now that you've dropped 30lbs??
Congrats btw. Very inspirational.

trowter
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I feel shallow, but my main reason is that I feel like I'm watching my life pass me by because I'm not happy when I leave the house.
I want to shop, hang with my friends and boyfriend without feeling like the fatty in the group.

That's far from shallow...If that's what will make you happy, then that's not shallow.

The quest for inner peace and happiness in one's life will be different for each and every one of us. Some of us feel comfortable in our skins at any size, and some of us do not. If losing weight is part of your search for happiness, then you should be proud of yourself for taking the step to get there....

sheramama
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I want to feel good about myself for the first time. I always yo-yo'ed, but a yr after having my son I hit obese. I feel like there is so much I am missing out on. I am afraid to go on the trampoline with the kids (what if I break it), I can barely run without hurting myself, the list goes on. I want to be a healthy role model for them. Plus, I'd love the be the MILF again. lol. It's been a long time.

H82Sweat
08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a bunch of "saintly" reasons I could give, and they are good reasons:
5 kids and 1 grandchild and I want to be healthy for them
Lower my risk of breast cancer which runs in my family
Better overall health

But the real reason? I want to look good for my husband :)

And it works. Whenever I think about quitting on a workout or having a food that doesn't fit my calorie goals or work for me, I start to think about how nice it will be to look good for my husband. In a bathing suit. In a dress. In lingerie ;) To feel confident in my body would be a huge gift I can give him. And myself!

Shallow, but there it is!

After 25 years of marriage I can confidently say that he would be somewhat bothered by this focus of mine, because he loves me, all of me, no matter what. But he deserves the best I can give him, for as long as I can give it to him-which is where improved health and lowering risk comes in- and I intend to do just that!

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 11:05 PM
That's far from shallow...If that's what will make you happy, then that's not shallow.

The quest for inner peace and happiness in one's life will be different for each and every one of us. Some of us feel comfortable in our skins at any size, and some of us do not. If losing weight is part of your search for happiness, then you should be proud of yourself for taking the step to get there....

Thanks, we should all be proud. Everyone here is taking that step.
And yeah, I'm not one of those people that walk around feeling fat, and not care about it. I don't see how anyone can!

haggis
08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Many reasons - perhaps i shuld start a "Reason-of-the-day" calendar.
Health is a big one - knees starting to hurt, ankles can't keep this up forever. Not yet diabetic but won't be long not if I don't change. Self-image, and lets face it, other image, is a part too. Strange how the only fat person I make excuses for is me. Role model for my kids, sexy for my husband, sexy for me. In many ways I just need to prove to myself that I can do this, that I can be the person I want to be. No more denial.

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I have a bunch of "saintly" reasons I could give, and they are good reasons:
5 kids and 1 grandchild and I want to be healthy for them
Lower my risk of breast cancer which runs in my family
Better overall health

But the real reason? I want to look good for my husband :)

And it works. Whenever I think about quitting on a workout or having a food that doesn't fit my calorie goals or work for me, I start to think about how nice it will be to look good for my husband. In a bathing suit. In a dress. In lingerie ;) To feel confident in my body would be a huge gift I can give him. And myself!

Shallow, but there it is!

Doesn't sound shallow to me, just sounds like your being real about how you feel.
I am in the same boat, wanting to look good for my boyfriend. Like you, he says I'm so hot and he loves my body and blah blah, but I want to believe what he says you know?
He bought me something sexy from Victoria's Secret but instead of being excited, I've been scared to death it wont fit!!

brillmama2
08-02-2011, 11:11 PM
He says he loves every bit of me espiecially my booty!!!! But I also catch him saying things like... you seam so confident or wow that looks hot... ibthink he loves me at any weight. But he want me happy and I am not happy at 220. I have had a few days were I can't say no... maninly around my tom!!!! But I don't let it discoutage me I just keep going...
I have been trying to force myself to love running....... but I HATE it. Sobi am bike riding to get my mind off running for a while. But I still want to learn to run.. I have never ran a whole mile in my whole life.. but I know I willl..

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 11:16 PM
He says he loves every bit of me espiecially my booty!!!! But I also catch him saying things like... you seam so confident or wow that looks hot... ibthink he loves me at any weight. But he want me happy and I am not happy at 220. I have had a few days were I can't say no... maninly around my tom!!!! But I don't let it discoutage me I just keep going...
I have been trying to force myself to love running....... but I HATE it. Sobi am bike riding to get my mind off running for a while. But I still want to learn to run.. I have never ran a whole mile in my whole life.. but I know I willl..

Sounds like your man really likes em thickk! Your weight is probably distributed nicely and evenly throughout your body, making you look thick, and not big, you know what I mean?
That's how I'd RATHER be:)
And running is soo stress relieving and relaxing, not gonna lie, I love running. Hope you get into it!

Lovely
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Fitness.

I know that may fall under "health", but it's very specific for me. I want to be more athletic. Maybe I won't ever run a marathon. Maybe I'll never end up in the Olympics, but activities were always a scary thing for me, because I was so big and figured I just couldn't do any of that stuff.

So walking... walking longer... jogging in intervals...running... starting to do body weight strength training...

Fitness, and being able to DO things that I normally shied away from is my goal. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to join some sort of group activity like a fitness class or karate!

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Fitness.

I know that may fall under "health", but it's very specific for me. I want to be more athletic. Maybe I won't ever run a marathon. Maybe I'll never end up in the Olympics, but activities were always a scary thing for me, because I was so big and figured I just couldn't do any of that stuff.

So walking... walking longer... jogging in intervals...running... starting to do body weight strength training...

Fitness, and being able to DO things that I normally shied away from is my goal. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to join some sort of group activity like a fitness class or karate!

I never even considered getting into sports or any athleticism, but that would be awesome if I could go out and play basketball with my guy friends.
I admire your reason.

SideKick
08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
For me it is to be happy with who I am. I feel lost; like the person in the mirror isn't the right reflection ya know? Plus many many health reasons. Diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure all run in the family. I'm also under threat of going blind due to my weight.

H82Sweat
08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Fitness.

I know that may fall under "health", but it's very specific for me. I want to be more athletic. Maybe I won't ever run a marathon. Maybe I'll never end up in the Olympics, but activities were always a scary thing for me, because I was so big and figured I just couldn't do any of that stuff.!

Oh that is one of mine too! To be able to run with joy and almost effortlessly!

Do it now! Seriously! I don't think you should wait for the "perfect" time. The time is now :) Perfect or not. I really enjoy my classes (aerobics and yoga) and I am developing so much confidence from them. Confidence comes from doing not how we look when doing it. Seriously :)

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I have a lot of reasons and they all feel equally important. For my kids, for my own self esteem, for my health, for my vanity... I don't feel like I'm really living my own life or that I ever really have. I've hated myself since I was a kid and as I got older my weight was a reflection on that. It also contributed to it. I'm looking forward to feeling graceful. Maybe not ballerina graceful, but anything would be an improvement.

ChubbyCheeks
08-02-2011, 11:50 PM
I have a lot of reasons and they all feel equally important. For my kids, for my own self esteem, for my health, for my vanity... I don't feel like I'm really living my own life or that I ever really have. I've hated myself since I was a kid and as I got older my weight was a reflection on that. It also contributed to it. I'm looking forward to feeling graceful. Maybe not ballerina graceful, but anything would be an improvement.

Yea, i think all of us have more than one main reason. :) And yeah, I'm with you there. I'm just SO tired of my weight holding me back.

tuende
08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Number 1 reason? I've realized how much fun it is to LIVE MY LIFE!

I seriously never did before. I was shy, overweight and never thought I could do anything. I tried a new class at the gym tonight and I just kept thinking 'I love this! I love that I can do this!' Moments like this remind me exactly why I've worked so hard and why I will continue to work. I love adventure- I've seen some amazing things and been some amazing places and I would have NEVER considered going when I was heavier. As I've lost weight, I can't help but feel like the whole world is opening up to me. Or maybe it's me opening up to the world.

And to think this is only the beginning!

April Snow
08-03-2011, 12:07 AM
My main reason is to be able to keep up with my active 7 year old son, and longer term, to be here for him, and maybe those grandkids some day. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant, so that's a risk factor for getting it for real, plus there is a family history (parent and grandparent had it) and I want to do what is in my power to prevent that.

But I also want to feel and look better for myself and feel good about putting on clothing that is cute and flattering and not just what fits on my body.

tuende
08-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Fitness.

Oh I feel you on this one! Fitness goals always keep me going, even when the weight loss stalled. Doing things... anything... it's just the best :)!

luckyme0510
08-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Lot's of reasons that all seem like they're number one reason's...
I'm only 23 and I have high blood pressure.
I'm in nursing school and I realized I will make a pretty crappy nurse if I don't lose some weight because my feet hurt so much after just a few hrs standing in the hospital.
I miss the confidence I used to have, I miss feeling beautiful, I miss the joy I used to get when I shopped for clothes.
And maybe most of all I think I miss my husband bragging about me. He used to show my picture to everyone he met at work or school... now I can't even remember the last time he tried to take a picture of me. He loves me very much but I've just noticed these little things that have changed and it bothers me so much :/

Thighs Be Gone
08-03-2011, 12:58 AM
I was starting to get achy in the mornings...taking way too much Ibuprofen..three of my siblings were diagnosed with illnesses..serious ones...and yeah, I did want to look better too...

superficially, there was a small group of women that were always *****es to me..no matter what I always remained a lady...well, it sure felt good when I got close to goal to see them in passing and to catch them looking at me. Hehe..THERE I said it.

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Lot's of reasons that all seem like they're number one reason's...
I'm only 23 and I have high blood pressure.
I'm in nursing school and I realized I will make a pretty crappy nurse if I don't lose some weight because my feet hurt so much after just a few hrs standing in the hospital.
I miss the confidence I used to have, I miss feeling beautiful, I miss the joy I used to get when I shopped for clothes.
And maybe most of all I think I miss my husband bragging about me. He used to show my picture to everyone he met at work or school... now I can't even remember the last time he tried to take a picture of me. He loves me very much but I've just noticed these little things that have changed and it bothers me so much :/

Maybe it's because you guys have been together so long. You can't expect him to show people your pics foreverrr:)

luckyme0510
08-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Haha....lol.... very true.

MelKnee
08-03-2011, 01:10 AM
My mother is 83. Her health is failing. Being overweight is making it much worse. She has fallen several times and I have not been able to get her up. We had to call 911. When she is sick, she is too weak to move her own body. I don't want to end up like that. I want to have a healthy now and a reasonably healthy old-age.

xxkaleidoscopic
08-03-2011, 01:12 AM
I have many reasons, but honestly, my number one is vanity. I just want to feel hot. I won't lie. =P

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 01:14 AM
I have many reasons, but honestly, my number one is vanity. I just want to feel hot. I won't lie. =P

lol I appreciate the honesty. How do you feel now? You've lost a lot already, and you used to be where I am

luckymommy
08-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I want to feel comfortable in my own skin....that gives me tons of confidence in everything else that I do.

SunnyJee
08-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Just to look good naked. That's all.

Lucky72
08-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Honestly, I don't feel attractive. When I was thinner I felt pretty 90% of the time. The way my body is now I only feel attractive about 50% of the time (if that). I don't feel that I am unhealthy because I am overweight. I have a physical every year and all of my scores (blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, etc) are exactly where they should be. I just want to feel pretty.

sontaikle
08-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Health is the number one reason, but I've noticed so many things are just easier when you're lighter. Exercising and jumping around is easier..running is easier... I can't wait to drop the last 25 pounds and see how easy it is to move around!

LGW
08-03-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm in the medical field and I decided that I really need to practice what I preach :)

I think it is going to have a huge impact on the individuals around me as well. I also have co-workers who are trying to lose weight and I am really trying to set an example that you can eat and lose weight :)

I desire to be healthy and finally accountable and responsible for my health.

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm in the medical field and I decided that I really need to practice what I preach :)

I think it is going to have a huge impact on the individuals around me as well. I also have co-workers who are trying to lose weight and I am really trying to set an example that you can eat and lose weight :)

I desire to be healthy and finally accountable and responsible for my health.

Yeah, if you know all the medical repercussions, I think it should be easy to put better things in your body!!

shalyn
08-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Health, my kids, not wanting to feel like I'm in my 50's when I'm only in my 30's, scared that I'm taking years off of my life just because I couldn't control my cravings. Looks - although I've learned to live with and have accepted my body as it is, I've never been happy with it.

runningfromfat
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I would like to get pregnant again and be healthy during it (and also I always wanted to a thin pregnant woman!).

Blondie160
08-03-2011, 09:02 AM
16 days on a hot beach in 4 weeks!!!

KatieC87
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
My number one reason is just to feel good enough to live my life. I've been hiding because of my body for too long! I'm ready to enjoy taking photos with my friends and enjoy getting dressed every morning and enjoy (or enjoy it more - I already enjoy it!) getting nekkid with my husband and shopping with my mom. I'm ready for my weight to not even be a consideration. :)

Sunshine87
08-03-2011, 09:18 AM
There are lots of reasons but the most significant one in this stage of my life is that I want to get married and have children (within the next 8 years or so, not tomorrow) but I have taken myself out of the dating game because I do not feel confident. For the last 8 years I have desired to date but I never wanted to date while I was overweight. I am now getting to the age (24) where this lack of dating thing is really going to affect my life because the good guys are being taken!
This is just one of several reasons however, this will be the greatest change when I lose the weight.

lynnie923
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I am doing it for health reasons and so I can play with my niece and nephew

singing
08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I'm 19, and I'm not near ready to be a mommy! So yeah, not too soon:D

And so solely health?

Well..fitting my rear end in a size 10 again felt pretty good too..:smug:

yossarianlives
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm doing it so I'm not the biggest, most unfit person there when I join the Royal Navy. :)

And to look awesome... I'm so much more confident, even now, and I know it's only going to get better! :D

Aclai4067
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Heaps of reasons, #1 right now: fitness

banananutmuffin
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
#1 for me is always vanity. Shallow, but true.

christine123
08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
#1 for me is always vanity. Shallow, but true.

Same here! I know it's shallow, but I want to feel more attractive, more sexy, and actually meet someone! I want to wear small clothes and actually be willing to buy nice jeans because I fill them out well. I don't find it worth it when I feel too heavy to actually look good in them.

RJ 1980
08-03-2011, 12:56 PM
To look good!!!

Which leads to confidence, which makes me a kinder and happier person.

I realize I should be happy and confident at any weight... but, well, I'm not!!

lin43
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
For the past five years, I've steadily gained and kept buying bigger sized clothes. For some reason, I just kept thinking to myself that I'm not thin but I won't ever be obese (which is really dumb considering the aforementioned reality of buying bigger sizes). On June 1, I finally became motivated to start calorie counting again. When I plugged my numbers into some of those calorie counting web sites, I was astonished to find that at my current estimated weight (don't want to weigh myself), height and age (170 --- 5 ft 3 ---- 43) I can only eat about 2000 calories (while sedentary) to MAINTAIN my weight. WTH!!! For some reason, I kept thinking that I could eat much more than that. Then, I did some quick calculations of my typical eating day and realized that I was consuming way more than 2000 calories a day. That means, I would steadily have continued gaining.

That was a big wake-up call for me. So, my goal in losing is to just be "normal"---not extra thin, not a fashion plate, but just normal. I'll be satisfied at a size 10 and really satisfied at a size 8.

patootie
08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh man there are so many reasons I am going to lose this weight. First and foremost is probably to gain confidence. This feeds into my desire to feel sexy (though my bf insists I already am) and to be able to live a happy, healthy, fulfilling and active lifestyle. I am fortunate that my weight has not led to serious health issues, but I've let too much of my life pass me by because of my lack of confidence and by losing weight I am saying NO MORE!

jigglefree
08-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Well I started this because I was the only fat person sitting at the dinner table Christmas. Now I do it because it makes me feel great to see the weight coming off.

theCandEs
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
The number one reason for me is health. I would not have done it otherwise. I like the other perks, but health is what made me do it.

May21
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I mostly just want to feel healthy and good about myself again. However, I am only 22 so getting my old toned body back is fairly motivational as well.

Chubbykins
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
My fiance was obese when I begun and was gaining weight still. I was chubby but stable.

I knew it was necessary for him to lose the weight to be happy and the man he wants to be, and I also knew he could not do it without me.

Since I don't mind at all to reach a normal weight I started to diet with him.

Of course I want the results for my self too. But my NO 1 reason is my fiance's health and longevity.

HMM3
08-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Number 1 Reason - To look, feel and be healthy ....

(I also have some really rather petty ones ... but I'll keeep those to
myself)

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
For the past five years, I've steadily gained and kept buying bigger sized clothes. For some reason, I just kept thinking to myself that I'm not thin but I won't ever be obese (which is really dumb considering the aforementioned reality of buying bigger sizes). On June 1, I finally became motivated to start calorie counting again. When I plugged my numbers into some of those calorie counting web sites, I was astonished to find that at my current estimated weight (don't want to weigh myself), height and age (170 --- 5 ft 3 ---- 43) I can only eat about 2000 calories (while sedentary) to MAINTAIN my weight. WTH!!! For some reason, I kept thinking that I could eat much more than that. Then, I did some quick calculations of my typical eating day and realized that I was consuming way more than 2000 calories a day. That means, I would steadily have continued gaining.

That was a big wake-up call for me. So, my goal in losing is to just be "normal"---not extra thin, not a fashion plate, but just normal. I'll be satisfied at a size 10 and really satisfied at a size 8.

I agree with you. I'm not trying to hit skinny. I got child-bearing hips, skinny would look bad on me. I just want normal/thick. (I'm Spanish, so I'm curvaceous naturally, and anything below normal would make me look misshapen.)

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Well I started this because I was the only fat person sitting at the dinner table Christmas. Now I do it because it makes me feel great to see the weight coming off.

Is that not the WORSTTTT feeling in the world???? Being the fattest in a group??? OMG. It's a nightmare. All my friends are thin as rails. All of em.

MiniMeee
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
My #1 reason was to stop thinking about my weight issue 24/7.

Being overweight consumed my every waking moment.

I was thinking about how tight my clothes were, how large my breasts looked, how out of breath I was, how these fat rolls look sitting down, what people are thinking, how hot I was all the time, wondering if I smell bad from sweating, if my pants were going to fit in the morning, what am I going to eat next, will I ever feel sexy again, etc...

Those thoughts don't consume me 24/7 anymore and that is the best result from losing 60+ lbs., along with better health, fitness, cuter clothes, being cold instead of hot, being called tiny and thin, and people generally being more attentive and kinder to me. :)

And yeah, I feel much sexier.

hungrybecca
08-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I have lots of reasons: my health, my self-esteem, to be a better role model for my kids. I can't wait to be a size 6!

ChubbyCheeks
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
My #1 reason was to stop thinking about my weight issue 24/7.

Being overweight consumed my every waking moment.

I was thinking about how tight my clothes were, how large my breasts looked, how out of breath I was, how these fat rolls look sitting down, what people are thinking, how hot I was all the time, wondering if I smell bad from sweating, if my pants were going to fit in the morning, what am I going to eat next, will I ever feel sexy again, etc...

Those thoughts don't consume me 24/7 anymore and that is the best result from losing 60+ lbs., along with better health, fitness, cuter clothes, being cold instead of hot, being called tiny and thin, and people generally being more attentive and kinder to me. :)

And yeah, I feel much sexier.

Omg, this made me want to cry. That's everything I am feeling, everything I am self-conscience about

retrogirl
08-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Of course health is #1.
But I love clothes and fat clothes are just way to expensive. I'll never forget spending $50 on work pants once and around the corner, normal sized pants = $4.99
>_<
I drool thinking of all the clothes I'll get. Oh yes...come to momma.

ChickieChicks
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I finally gave up at the beginning of the year and just resigned myself to feeling like an old-lady who always feels ill and doesn't feel attractive anymore.

I realized I was living the life of my mother (with her own weight problems), and I want to feel my age!

MeliZ
08-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I want to have a family with my husband, and that isn't easily achieved at the weight I am now with my medical issues, and the doctor told me if I lose some weight, that will help things out.

megmix
08-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I want to lose weight to prove to myself that it is possible. That it is possible for me to change, that I'm not hopeless, and if I set my mind to anything, that I can achieve it.

KittyKat1465
08-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I want to look the way I feel inside. I feel like a hot skinny biatch!!!!!!!!!

gagalu
08-04-2011, 02:53 AM
i want to look hot and i'm tired of my weight being a hindrance to my social, academic, and professional life

i'm a youngin, so i've never had obesity related health issues

my hip to waist ratio has also always been <.8

it's .69 now, though! :)

lin43
08-04-2011, 07:09 AM
I finally gave up at the beginning of the year and just resigned myself to feeling like an old-lady who always feels ill and doesn't feel attractive anymore.

I realized I was living the life of my mother (with her own weight problems), and I want to feel my age!

This sounds so much like me for the past few years. I just gave up and buried my emotions in foods.

Just losing a bit of weight this summer has made such a difference in my outlook on life. I feel like a participant in life again rather than just an observer.

Alwaysbeenbig
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
This is going to sound very vain...but my number one reason for starting to lose weight was to stop me from getting anymore stretch marks on my stomach and arms. Everything else was further down the list.

NotJustALittleFat
08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
There's so many reasons I'm wanting it gone. My husband doesn't like my weight like this. I agree it's unattractive and id love nothing more than for him (and me) to be completely happy with my whole body again and not just my face. I think the number one reason is I just want to model good food habits for my daughter. I'm so glad that at three she'll take a plate of veggies over junk any day! I also want another baby but don't want all the complications I had with my daughter (gestational diabetes, hypertension which lead to emergency c-section and not remembering the day she was born because of the meds that kept us both alive). There are so many more, but those are the top three.

iamworthit
08-05-2011, 03:23 AM
My number 1 reason is to live and be healthy. My family history has cancer, hypertension and diabetes. I know that if I don't lose weight and adapt a healthy lifestyle I'm going to kick the bucket sooner than I would care for.

I also want another baby. :)

Lunula
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Other than suffering with who I am my entire adult life, and hating myself...the final kick-in-the-pants came when my ortho surgeon wanted to schedule my double knee replacement surgery, before my 40th birthday.

I asked him what I could do to put it off and he said, the only thing that will help (not cure) is weight loss. My knees are shot due to injuries (sports in school) and exacerbated because of my weight and lack of exercise.

He was writing on my chart and asking me when "a good time for surgery" was. That shocked my heart - seriously, I felt it in my heart and the pit of my stomach.

Second on the short-list -- turning 40 this year. I just couldn't face another decade feeling so horrible.

Precious Little
08-07-2011, 07:15 AM
my number one reason is pure vanity and I openly admit that. I want to be happy with the way I look.

I could cite other reasons, I want to be healthy & fit, for sure, and I do need to keep my body fat percentage down for health/hormonal reasons.

I also want to enjoy feeling fit and strong and with lots of energy. I know it takes a lot of work and discipline, and I'm up for it.

I also feel a sense of achievement with my fitness goals, starting a running program, maintaining a routine and making it a priority.

Madame Souza
08-07-2011, 11:09 AM
I work at a nursing home and I see many older people who are very overweight and have many health problems because of their weight. I have been putting off loosing my extra weight for so long I don't want to wake up one day and realize I have been overweight my entire life and have health problems because of it and it is too late for me to loose the weight.