Ideal Protein Diet - Pepperoni

View Full Version : Pepperoni

wildflower613
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
(Checked recipe threads) Are we allowed any kind of pepperoni slices, (phase 1) possibly as a dinner protein? If so can you recommend the brand or what I should look for on the label? Thank you.

niknakjack
08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
(Checked recipe threads) Are we allowed any kind of pepperoni slices, (phase 1) possibly as a dinner protein? If so can you recommend the brand or what I should look for on the label? Thank you.

I do not think pepperoni is allowed, sorry.

I just read a post this morning that someone has sausage, maybe it was turkey sausage there coach then told them NO.

LeaArr
08-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Pepperoni is usually cut with too much fat to be considered a lean protein. Sorry.

wheekers
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM

I don't think so...but I do have chicken sausage sometimes. Read the labels look for no carbs or veyr low carbs, low fat and low calories.

Pauley
08-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Pre-IP I used to buy a turkey pepperoni to put on pizza that was pretty good and not greasy at all. It's in the regular grocery store with the other pepperoni, salami, etc. Take a look and ask your coach. Might be okay.

jennylauren19
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
My coach said that pepperoni and sausage were not allowed. . ."too high in fat content" were her words.