Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default Fresh Operation 5-10 lbs Thread

Hey all,
New month, how about a shiny new thread? The last one worked well! Allison's in a smaller size and we had a few people graduate and leave us!

I like August. I like back-to-school time. There's a buzz in the air, the sense of new adventure, the feeling that anything and everything is possible, success is tangible as you start on the road of the new school year.

Nice thoughts for a weight loss journey, I think!!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Good idea!

I've lost more than 5-10, but I have more than that to go. So, perhaps I'll pop in now and then!

Jay
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I share your sentiments re: this time of year, midwife! I didn't sleep, but I ran 3 miles (with a few walking intervals, not in great shape after a couple weeks "off!") and then walked 3 more with my mom. Going to my first Zumba class tonight after an interview at Manpower for a temp job.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #4  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Hey there new thread!

I'm still tossing around from 133-138. every time I get down to the 133 point I go a little nutty and overeat, popping right back up to 136-138. Bah.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Shannon, 133-138 is my maintenance range and I have also been bumping up around 138 lately. Got down to 136.6 last week but I'm 137 again right now. And I just ate a piece of cake. My coworker's wife is making a wedding cake to feed 200 for her cousin's wedding and he keeps bringing in extra cake. I resisted for so long, but the snack bar I brought today wasn't as good as I thought it would be and I caved. Oops.

My goal is to get back down to 133. I like being 133. That is actually what my original goal weight sort of was -- I set a goal of 130 and made it there, then found out later my scale was off by 3lbs so I was really 133. 130 would be nice if I could manage it. I almost feel like if I could get together the motivation to lose 8lbs I would be able to maintain at 130, but I am too lazy to do it.

In any case I am starting on a prednisone course next week as prescribed by my rheumatologist so I'm a bit afraid I'll gain some weight. They said I might have excess hunger for the first week or so. I can't do THAT much damage in a week, right? Theoretically I should spend this week trying to lose a little to give me wiggle room but instead I kind of feel like, I'm just going to gain, so screw it, I'll eat junk now and go on a losing diet after the prednisone.

On the other hand, my vacation is coming up at the end of the month and I wanted to wear my bikini. Hmmm....Well, if the prednisone works, I should be able to exercise a lot again which would certainly help.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #7  
Workin' It

Ah yes Jessica, bikini time... I have a vacation coming up in October, and would really like to be able to wear mine then as well. I can exercise now, so I should really get my food butt into gear so the exercise does some good!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #8  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm in for this fresh goal thread. Trying to stay on track with moving, starting a big new scary job, and a new relationship. I've been doing pretty well this month, apart from a few very off-plan moments, and I'm hoping some accountability will help to fend off my stress-induced weakness.

Lots of reasons to be in shape this fall, including two upcoming weddings, a marathon, and of course the new job - I'd love to be as fit and confident as possible for that. Plus I have to buy some nice work clothes now and I want to feel good in them.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Agree with the sentiment that the fall school kickoff is a good way to start living the good life again!

I've passed my 1-year anniversary of keeping off 16-18 pounds of the original 25 I lost. It's just not a happy place for me, visually - now that I've had a taste of what slim looks like, nothing else will do! I've had a lot of stress demons in the past year related to work; the last 3 months have been the worst of my entire career because I took a new job KNOWING it was taking me further away from where I wanted to be. I'm expecting to fix that in the next month or so.

Lots of good indicators pointing in the right direction - all I have to do is execute. I remain ... in the 5-10 thread for now, with intent to "graduate" by Thanksgiving. There, I said it!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #10  
Chuggin' along...

Just poking in to say I'm still in this thread in spirit! During the summer I'm so busy I find it difficult to post on more than the maintainers chat thread, if I even make it there. But I've been plugging along. I've lost 7 lbs since January this year and I'm still trying to work my way further down.

Life is busy but lately I've been balancing the busy with staying active and clean eating enough that the latter is sloooowly winning the scale war. I'm hoping to keep it that way, especially with lots of trips on the boat and of course long walks with the dog in the summertime. I'm sort of out of touch with the school year schedule, but here summertime lasts through September into October. Maybe I can sweat off another few lbs before summer ends.

We can do it everyone!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Megan, great job on 7lbs so far!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

Can I pop on in? I'm needing to relose these nasty 10lbs. and get back down to my goal weight of 130. I let myself get up to 135 tops, and then that became my new low weight, with a topping at 140. Now that topping just won't do. Clothes are on the verge of popping on me, and now that we're going to the beach with the family on the weekens, it's clear that my swimmingsuit fit me tons better 10lbs ago...oops.
So august, help me get back closer to my goal weight. Get me eating cleaner, ending nighttime snacking, and fit me tighter into that suit
Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #13  
No description available.

Yay! Fresh new people in our fresh new thread!!!

I'm still two steps forward, one step back, etc. Must do more forward movement. Too many excuses!! Just cause life is insanely busy doesn't give me a free pass. Have a great weekend, all!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I'm back. I did not like the number I saw when I stood on the scale this morning. Or how my red capris felt around the waist yesterday.

Some of this is due to hormonal uproar -- I got my period again, just about 11 days after it stopped. And I've had an unusual amount of fluid retention, which I've noticed mostly in my feet, ankles and calves. (I'm thinking about getting a footstool at work.) I'm still trying to figure out the whys of that one, whether it's due to drinking more fluids during humidity, or sitting at my laptop at work all day, or due to the aforementioned hormonal disruptions.

But I belong here till I see if these other things sort themselves out.

Much as I like you all, I did not wish to come back.

Last edited by saef; 08-05-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #15  
Workin' It

I didn't want to have to be in this one either saef, but I recognize the need for it. I'm also not thrilled with the fit of my capris today either.
Closed Thread