Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Tues, 8/2

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat - Tues, 8/2

Pxlkitty4
08-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Megan232323
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Good Morning!
Today is a busy one for me. I am headed off to do more of my clinical for my HCA/PCA/NA. My instructor is coming so I hope all goes well! In the midst of moving, so that is stressful! I didn't get alot of sleep last night but ( couldn't shut my mind off!) lol. Lots to be done in the new place. Painting, cleaning, landscaping ect. But I am determined to stay OP and try to manage it all! Day by day is really all I can do. Hope everyone has a great day!!

abbykitty1126
08-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Good Morning all :) :)

cadenlevi
08-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Doing well so far! Tried one of my new bars last night (Strawberry Shortcake) and it was super yummy! Staying OP gets easier and easier with each passing day. I don't feel like a victim of my diet anymore and have embraced it as a short chapter in my new book :). I am looking forward to starting a workout program in the near future as I am joining a gym. I would normally just walk and run outside, but with temps of 108-112 I would probably kill over dead from a heat stroke!! There is no end in site for this stupid heat dome that is over us - please tropical low pressure system, make your way into the Gulf without doing any damage then make your way to Oklahoma!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Good morning. Stayed the same as yesterday again. Still waiting for that woosh fairy. Maybe her and TOM don't get along? Hope they can come to some sort of agreement and he will leave Wed morning so she can come Wed night just in time for my weigh in Thursday. I'd hate to lose under a pound in one week. Then again, I'm in the "dreaded 5th week" so maybe I'm doomed either way. Trying not too stress because I don't need one more thing keeping me from losing.

I played my wii fit again for a bit last night and my girls and I went on a walk. They were mad because it was hotter than heck but I just had to move. It was their WORST WALK EVER! ;)

Good luck to those who weigh in today!

Busymomx4
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning, on to my second day. So far so good, I did get hungry yesterday mid-afternoon so today I brought my 1 snack to have then. I do drink lots of water but still been having a headache since last night. Now that I found out that crystal light isnít allowed, drinking water will be that much harder as I hate just plain water. I was happily surprised to find out that so far, all the food Iíve tried is pretty yummy!

Have a great day and keep up the good work

Christyne

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Good morning, on to my second day. So far so good, I did get hungry yesterday mid-afternoon so today I brought my 1 snack to have then. I do drink lots of water but still been having a headache since last night. Now that I found out that crystal light isnít allowed, drinking water will be that much harder as I hate just plain water. I was happily surprised to find out that so far, all the food Iíve tried is pretty yummy!

Christyne

You will get used to the water and anything you add to it will taste too "chemically" and you will want it plain. I went through that with Mio. I slowly drank less and less water with it and now if I do have some, it just tastes funky so I stick to plain or adding a little lemon here and there. Good luck with day 2!

lboogs311
08-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Good morning all!
Had WI #11 yesterday, down 2.2. Feeling great...still trying to decide if I ultimately want to try the alternative products route for a few months at the end of August. I would love some feed back. I have 2 trips/events in Sept and my brothers wedding and a vacation in Oct, and although I plan to keep the same eating habits, I know I am going to want to have a few drinks. I just don't think it's right, knowing I am going to slow down my loss or even stop it and still pay $84 a week. Just some thoughts, I have not completely made up my mind yet.
Anyways, have a great day everyone!

becca1978
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Good morning. I was at work at 6 am this morning. But need to go across town at 7 am to weigh in. I did eat some of the chocolate puffs so I am not starving. I am trying not to drink anything to make the scale go up!

M0vingon
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Happy Tuesday! Off to work today after a nice 4 day weekend. I've started packing and prepping for our road trip Thursday. Hoping to not have the car ransacked at the border!
I've been looking forward to buying a nice dress for an upcoming wedding, but I'm stuck on what size to buy. I'm in some 12s now, so I'm thinking a snug 12 will be fine by the 27th. I'm aiming for 10 lbs this month and I have no idea how many lbs will move me into a new clothing size. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate hearing it! I suppose I could always buy a 12 and a 10... :D
Other than planning for our trip, everything is quiet. I've been weighing daily (as usual) and waiting for a jump due to my off plan meal on the weekend, but I've stayed the same so far. My Wi tomorrow won't be stellar, but I am expecting some sort of loss.

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Good morning all!

WI # 3 this morning...only down 1.1lbs:^: I am trying to be positive about such a small loss (atleast it wasnt a 1.1 lb gain) and am moving towards week 4. Anyone else notice small losses during their TOM? I know it's not due to anything I have done cuz I have had no cheats since starting IP...just curious how it affects other's weigh ins....

Here's to another great week on IP:cheer2:

cadenlevi
08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
:DGood morning all!
Had WI #11 yesterday, down 2.2. Feeling great...still trying to decide if I ultimately want to try the alternative products route for a few months at the end of August. I would love some feed back. I have 2 trips/events in Sept and my brothers wedding and a vacation in Oct, and although I plan to keep the same eating habits, I know I am going to want to have a few drinks. I just don't think it's right, knowing I am going to slow down my loss or even stop it and still pay $84 a week. Just some thoughts, I have not completely made up my mind yet.
Anyways, have a great day everyone!

I switched to alternatives this month since I have to buy my kiddos school clothes (I saved $200 by buying food online). So far, everthing I bought has been really good - better than IP i think. I ordered from Nashua Nutrition (I started a thread about it). I weigh in of Friday so I will see if it has stalled my weight loss any then, but for me it was the only option right now

leganegan
08-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Good morning all!

WI # 3 this morning...only down 1.1lbs:^: I am trying to be positive about such a small loss (atleast it wasnt a 1.1 lb gain) and am moving towards week 4. Anyone else notice small losses during their TOM? I know it's not due to anything I have done cuz I have had no cheats since starting IP...just curious how it affects other's weigh ins....

yay! I loss is a loss. Tom will be coming this weekend, so monday my coach said I shouldn't expect big losses. Just remember it's not a reflection of how you are eating, it's natural. Are bodies are going through major changes too, it's going to fluctuate and TOM doesn't help. just go easy on pickles and anything else that might make you retain water. My coach said some weeks I will see small numbers and big loss of inches, and visa versa. I see this loss as forver, so I want it to fall off slow so it doesn't even creep back up...EVER!
Enjoy your week.

calee
08-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning!

I use all alternative products and so far so good. I had been in the 150's for 6 months and this morning.... 140's!!!! Today is day 9 for me.

I'm so motivated to keep going. I was sure it wouldn't work for me and somehow it's working because my scale goes down daily. Maybe small but going down. Maybe this is revving up my metabolism! Protein and veggies, I love you!! :)

colley
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning all, I had my WI this morning and don't think the scale and the TOM lady get along, cause i went back to 163....ARGH!!!!! oh well, down a total of 20 inches so that's a plus!!!
Also went shopping for some pants and bought a 10, it was so exciting!!! The tops went to a medium....hoping the next 20 come off a bit faster that the 7 weeks it took the first 20 ish lbs!!!

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
yay! I loss is a loss. Tom will be coming this weekend, so monday my coach said I shouldn't expect big losses. Just remember it's not a reflection of how you are eating, it's natural. Are bodies are going through major changes too, it's going to fluctuate and TOM doesn't help. just go easy on pickles and anything else that might make you retain water. My coach said some weeks I will see small numbers and big loss of inches, and visa versa. I see this loss as forver, so I want it to fall off slow so it doesn't even creep back up...EVER!
Enjoy your week.

All things said are true...thanks Lauren for the pep talk:) I will look forward to another loss next week:D

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 10:28 AM
TOM is being mean to a lot of us! I am only down .6 from Thursday as of this morning, or up .4 as of Saturday but that doesn't count, and am crossing my fingers for more before Thursday. My last weigh in the week of TOM I only went down 1.4. Heck, I'd even take that at this point!

niknakjack
08-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Enjoy your week.

I have only had small losses w/the exception of the very first week. And none of it has to do w/TOM. Its a bit frustrating but losses none the less.
wk #1 -4.4, wk #2 -1.6, wk #3 -1.6, wk #4 -1.4
2 years ago when I first did this diet the weight loss was more significant
i follow the program completely OP, maybe its because I don't have as much weight to loose this time around. Not sure what the deal is.
good job on your progress.

Ishbel
08-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm already having a good day. It was a restless sleep but I'm in a great mood today...I feel kinda....SKINNY. WOW, foreign feeling for me. I really find it a great feeling though! :D

Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day!

Carla

Maile
08-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Good morning. I lost 2.5 pounds at my weigh in yesterday. Staying the same this morning. Got up early and helped my son make lunch for work. Going to try the oatmeal pancake recipe I have seen here this am.
My coach showed me some clothes that were donated yesterday..I got 11 pairs of pants and capris for work. What a relief as I was out of clothes.

Calee: great on reaching the 140s..

Colley: that is wonderful about wearing size 10 and a medium. I am squeezing into 12s..

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Then again, I'm in the "dreaded 5th week" so maybe I'm doomed either way.

Good luck to those who weigh in today!

I didn't know there was a "dreaded 5th week"! I gained a pound last week and it was my 5th week! I am expecting a good loss this morning, week 6. Have you read posts about week 5 usually being horrible?

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Good morning all!

I don't have TOM anymore but I did have a zero loss week 3 when I was OP. I am assuming it is my body just getting used to all the changes.

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I didn't know there was a "dreaded 5th week"! I gained a pound last week and it was my 5th week! I am expecting a good loss this morning, week 6. Have you read posts about week 5 usually being horrible?

I have heard mention of your body catching up around week 5 or so and just taking a little breather on the big losses. It doesn't happen to everyone but a lot of people on here have commented about it.

Pauley
08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Movingon - I'm at exactly the same place as you! We weight about the same and both have a wedding to attend on the 27th. I am REALLY hoping to be in a 12 by then, but it's so hard to tell where the weight will come off and how much! If we wait to buy a dress, the summer ones will all be gone. I think buying a tight 12 is probably the way to go and trust IP to get me into it by the end of the month.

Pauley
08-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Uh oh. I'm getting my 5th week weigh in tomorrow. Now I'm worried!

Travel Gal
08-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Christyne

I had a hard time with having just plain water all the time too. My coach said you can use a little lemon juice to give it flavoring. Also there's this bottled water called Sparkling Ice that is zero-everything and my mom's coach recommended it to her....it's really very good. It's slightly carbonated but not overly so so it gives you a nice "fizz" feeling, and there's a large variety of flavors that are all good. It's kind of expensive so I just save it as a treat. Also I asked my coach about Mio-which is also zero everything. She said it was fine to have, just keep it minimal and don't use it with all your water intake.

For the headaches, have you tried adding a little sea salt to an 8oz glass of water? I got headaches when I started and it usually did the trick.

Good luck and I hope you find something you like!:hug:

calee
08-02-2011, 11:36 AM
I use the MIO. I add 2 squirts to 20 oz of water and throw in a lemon slice and ice and it's yummy. I only like the tea flavors.

pselias
08-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Yikes! I am down to 1 pair of khakis, 1 black skirt, and 1 linen capri pant (size L!) for work clothes! I've got several shirts I can wear - not the most professional, but we're more lax on that in summer. But I can't wear jeans every day - even if they are only a size 14! :D I have Friday off, and will need to hit the stores!!! I'm taking big clothes to consign as well. That still terrifies me. :?: GET OVER IT!
My losses have been low lately. Some have posted in the past about our bodies wanting to stay at weights we were at for a long time. Maybe that's what's happening to me. I fluxuated from 180-190 for about 3 years before having kids. I briefly got down to 190 after oldest was born, but it didn't last long.
I WI tomorrow over my lunch hour. By next week's WI, I hope to be into 170s!! It's been close to 8 years since I've weighed that little!!!! :woohoo:

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I am deff. retaining water today! I am wearing my gladiator shoes and they are TIGHT! I had to unzip the backs and slip out of them half way while sitting at my desk.

And don't worry too much about week 5! Some people get by it with no troubles!

Busymomx4
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I use the MIO. I add 2 squirts to 20 oz of water and throw in a lemon slice and ice and it's yummy. I only like the tea flavors.

Not sure if we have the MIO here (quebec) as i have never heard of it but i'll look for it. Thanks

becca1978
08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I lost another 2.8 lbs. About 25 lbs in 2 months! Not bad at all!

Busymomx4
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I had a hard time with having just plain water all the time too. My coach said you can use a little lemon juice to give it flavoring. Also there's this bottled water called Sparkling Ice that is zero-everything and my mom's coach recommended it to her....it's really very good. It's slightly carbonated but not overly so so it gives you a nice "fizz" feeling, and there's a large variety of flavors that are all good. It's kind of expensive so I just save it as a treat. Also I asked my coach about Mio-which is also zero everything. She said it was fine to have, just keep it minimal and don't use it with all your water intake.

For the headaches, have you tried adding a little sea salt to an 8oz glass of water? I got headaches when I started and it usually did the trick.

Good luck and I hope you find something you like!:hug:

I did the salt water and it didn't work and i'm not about to do it again, lol. I always get headaches so maybe that's why it lasts a little longer.

Never heard of sparkling ice, not sure if we have that here (Quebec)..maybe a little trip to the US in the near future, lol.

abbykitty1126
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
My TOM started yesterday and is already over?!?! Has anyone else experienced this? I've only heard ppl talk about getting there period more than once a month or having it longer than normal not having it be this quick.

abbykitty1126
08-02-2011, 12:30 PM
http://bothellchiropractic.com/clients/4668/documents/FEMALE__ISSUES__AND__THE__IDEAL__PROTEIN__DIET.pdf

just found this if anyone is interested.

niknakjack
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Just tried Kohlrabi for the first time, made it into chips instead of fries. Was Yummy!

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
My TOM started yesterday and is already over?!?! Has anyone else experienced this? I've only heard ppl talk about getting there period more than once a month or having it longer than normal not having it be this quick.

Last time mine was off an on for about 4 days. I would think it'd be compltely done and it would start again.

Mine came Sunday. Yesterday was super heavy and I had cramps like no other. Today no cramps and only light bleeding. I'm sure it will come back for awhile but I don't know when. It's kind of a pian in the butt isn't it!?

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM
WOOHOO! THE WHOOSH FAIRY CAME TO MONTANA!!! I LOST 7 POUNDS AT MY WEEK 6 WEIGH-IN!!! Where is the Whoosh Fairy going next, is it Canada?

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
WOOHOO! THE WHOOSH FAIRY CAME TO MONTANA!!! I LOST 7 POUNDS AT MY WEEK 6 WEIGH-IN!!! Where is the Whoosh Fairy going next, is it Canada?

Holy catfish! Congrats! Send her to South Dakota by Thursday morning at 5:30 please. Thanks!

abbykitty1126
08-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Last time mine was off an on for about 4 days. I would think it'd be compltely done and it would start again.

Mine came Sunday. Yesterday was super heavy and I had cramps like no other. Today no cramps and only light bleeding. I'm sure it will come back for awhile but I don't know when. It's kind of a pian in the butt isn't it!?

I'll say! Def a pain in the butt!! Im glad you posted this now I won't be caught off guard if it comes back lol.

lboogs311
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
That's awesome Sandy!!!! send her my way lol!

Busymomx4
08-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Canada is fine with me! Tell her to come to Montreal and practice a little french, lol

Christyne

Linden
08-02-2011, 01:23 PM
http://bothellchiropractic.com/clients/4668/documents/FEMALE__ISSUES__AND__THE__IDEAL__PROTEIN__DIET.pdf

just found this if anyone is interested.

THis is a great, succinct article, I think. Should probably be in everyone's packet of information, or cited.

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Holy catfish! Congrats! Send her to South Dakota by Thursday morning at 5:30 please. Thanks!

Ok, Whoosh Fairy to SD on Thursday! I really think my coach didn't quite get the bar right in the middle, but was being nice to me. I have to change my weigh in schedule as school will be starting. First of all she said I could go at 5:45 after school, then I begged for an early morning one. So now I go next Wed. (in 8 days) at 7:15 in the morning with a new coach. The new coach I believe is in phase 4 /maintaining whereas my old one is "taking a break" on phase 1. I hope the new one will be a good fit for me.

thinkthin135
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Just tried Kohlrabi for the first time, made it into chips instead of fries. Was Yummy!

Did you find it in a grocery store? I can't seem to find it in any of the grocery stores around me. I have been looking for a few weeks because I am excited to try it.

redhead14
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Congrats!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
Send that little fairy to North Dakota by Friday....please:hug:

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 01:26 PM

Not bad at all! Congrats!

grannyto2bear
08-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow congrats on the great weight loss!! Send Whoosh Fairy to Saskatchewan

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Will do! I'm only 50 miles from Saskatchewan so that is a hop,skip, and jump for the whoosh fairy!

patns
08-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Yes!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!! Just point the whoosh fairy due north over the Montana border.

grannyto2bear
08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I have to try making the fries or the chips, they sound good. We usually eat them raw with some sea salt. Planted purple kohlrabi in my garden this year but they aren't ready yet, and I finally found some at the grocery store.

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I have to try making the fries or the chips, they sound good. We usually eat them raw with some sea salt. Planted purple kohlrabi in my garden this year but they aren't ready yet, and I finally found some at the grocery store.

I have not been able to find any at the grocery store and with our loooong winter I don't know if I will find any at the farmer's marker for quite awhile. I am afraid next winter is going to be tough too, too much snow, then flooding, then too much rain...sigh, we have really had the weather. I am thankful I am not where it is HOT , HOT, HOT and drought though! That would be hard.

colley
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Oh I really hope so....congrats on the big whoosh!!!!

wuv2bloved
08-02-2011, 02:01 PM

Outstanding job Sandy....Congrats! I weigh in tomorrow morning so I will see if she visited Mississippi this week!

Celticgirl
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!! Just point the whoosh fairy due north over the Montana border.

Can we clone the whoosh fairy for us Southern girls. Or does she have a twin? I weigh in tomorrow. :p

patns
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I have not been able to find any at the grocery store and with our loooong winter I don't know if I will find any at the farmer's marker for quite awhile. I am afraid next winter is going to be tough too, too much snow, then flooding, then too much rain...sigh, we have really had the weather. I am thankful I am not where it is HOT , HOT, HOT and drought though! That would be hard.

Wow sounds like you do live fairly close. That has been exactly our weather all year. I am actually getting jealous of people complaining about the heat but that is just as bad.

I am anxious too about changing my weigh in time when school starts. I know it is not a big deal in the whole plan but I know I will be up when I change to an afternoon weigh in. But I am so not a morming person I couldn't do the 7 am thing. Probably I'll be so busy that week I won't have time to focus on the scale as much which is a good thing.

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Not bad at all... I sure hope I have those kind of results!!!! Keep up the good work! :)

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 02:09 PM

LOL! She is more than welcomein Minnesota too! :)

pselias
08-02-2011, 02:16 PM
:witch: The whoosh fairy seems to be making the rounds up north! Congrats to all and don't forget our lunch date tomorrow! ;)

:wizard: I have it on good authority that the whoosh fairy has a brother, the whoosh wizard. He's got the southern territory!

:rofl: Have an awesome OP day everyone!

kelly1962
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I had my first off protocol weekend. I went away for the weekend with my boyfriend to the lovely city of Ottawa, Ontario. We biked along the Rideau canal (about 25KM) and that night i had two glasses of wine and a crab cake that is not exactly on the Ideal Protein diet.
I am hoping the amount of exercise i put in will allow for my little cheat??

That was my only cheat though, other than that, i was proud of myself.

CuteNcurls
08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Goodmorning everyone. I'm excited to hear that the whoosh fairy is back from vacation. Maybe someone could point her toward BC for next Tuesday.

I weighed this morning but no loss. I have a feeling it's because I just couldn't satisfy my craving for food yesterday so I ate about 3 plates of salad in the evening...soooo bad but at least it was OP. I'm also really struggling with salad dressing. I tried WF but it was horrible...three bottles just sitting in the fridge but I can't bring myself to use any of them. I've tried homemade dressings too but I'm missing the creamy flavours.

On a positive note I had a huge NSV yesterday...well, at least to me. My boyfriend has been very concerned that IP will make me lose my curves. I know he won't mind the weightloss but he's offered to buy me a new set of twins if they disappear. Anyway...he's been gone for a week visiting family and came back last night. He put his arms around me and said "WHOA!!!!" which sort of made me panic...so I asked what he meant by that and he said, "well I'm happy the twins are still here but you're getting skinny...really skinny." This made me feel fantastic...especially because I'm only at 14 pounds lost and still weigh 216. Yay!

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Goodmorning everyone. I'm excited to hear that the whoosh fairy is back from vacation. Maybe someone could point her toward BC for next Tuesday.

I weighed this morning but no loss. I have a feeling it's because I just couldn't satisfy my craving for food yesterday so I ate about 3 plates of salad in the evening...soooo bad but at least it was OP. I'm also really struggling with salad dressing. I tried WF but it was horrible...three bottles just sitting in the fridge but I can't bring myself to use any of them. I've tried homemade dressings too but I'm missing the creamy flavours.

On a positive note I had a huge NSV yesterday...well, at least to me. My boyfriend has been very concerned that IP will make me lose my curves. I know he won't mind the weightloss but he's offered to buy me a new set of twins if they disappear. Anyway...he's been gone for a week visiting family and came back last night. He put his arms around me and said "WHOA!!!!" which sort of made me panic...so I asked what he meant by that and he said, "well I'm happy the twins are still here but you're getting skinny...really skinny." This made me feel fantastic...especially because I'm only at 14 pounds lost and still weigh 216. Yay!

Oh what a sweet boyfriend! He sounds like a keeper!

ItsAboutTime
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM

I struggle with WF also. I have a bunch in my fridge and I've even given some away. I do like the creamy bacon with a salad containing chicken and I like 1000 island in a big mac bowl but that's about it. I want a good creamy ranch and can't find it. I'm thinking about adding a hidden valley ranch packet to WF ranch but I hate to buy that also!

CuteNcurls
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks, sandyh50. I think he's a keeper, too. I'm just hoping he doesn't expect me to have DDs by the time I reach my goal weight. That would be just slightly delusional...I'm striving for 150.

YvetteSki
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Good morning.

This is week 1 for me on IP. I'm looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow as my hubby mentioned yesterday that he's seeing a change in my body already.

I was worried that I was going to have a hard time this past weekend as we went camping, which comes with sausage, chips, marshmallows etc. I am proud to say that I did not cheat at all. Maybe because it's my first week but I'm hoping to keep it up. I've tried many other programs so my fingers are crossed that I'll be able to keep it off this time. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Travel Gal
08-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Never heard of sparkling ice, not sure if we have that here (Quebec)..maybe a little trip to the US in the near future, lol.

I jumped on their website and it only asks for zip code so I bet it's only a US thing...but I did happen to stumble upon it on www.amazon.com if that helps.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-02-2011, 04:56 PM
WOOHOO! THE WHOOSH FAIRY CAME TO MONTANA!!! I LOST 7 POUNDS AT MY WEEK 6 WEIGH-IN!!! Where is the Whoosh Fairy going next, is it Canada?In Alberta today...

Good morning.

This is week 1 for me on IP. I'm looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow as my hubby mentioned yesterday that he's seeing a change in my body already.

I was worried that I was going to have a hard time this past weekend as we went camping, which comes with sausage, chips, marshmallows etc. I am proud to say that I did not cheat at all. Maybe because it's my first week but I'm hoping to keep it up. I've tried many other programs so my fingers are crossed that I'll be able to keep it off this time. :)

Have a great day everyone!good for you, you will do great.

So because of the Holiday yesterday I am not doing an official WI this week, so next Monday I will update my sticker...butt... I have been waiting for the whole month of July to hit the 160s... well today I have hit my 3/4 mini-goal 75lbs down... I am at 166 today unofficially.... I was going to wait but after being told this weekend that I must exercise a lot that maybe my weight has changed as well... so I broke my rule of not weighing at home, apparently all that I needed was to take a week off, and take long walks with my two beautiful dogs, and hang around the house... who knew... but unfortunately my vac is over and back to work tomorrow.... thinking of taking more after this week but will have to wait and see... didn't do a lot of stuff around the house this time, as my charger for my lawn mower broke and I had to order a new one... still not here yet and my lawn is over a foot high.... and it is going to rain again tomorrow... oh well at least my last day is sunny and a certain red dog of mine thinks I should get of the laptop and take her for a walk as she got a new ball today.... I am going to be celebrating my dogs birthdays this weekend, as Red dog will be 8 on Thursday and my Beautiful Jewel we don't know when her birthday is so I am celebrating them together Jewel is around 14... she is slowing down a lot this year. Okay enough of my rambling.... Have a great day all... off to walk Red Dog and Jewel.

Busymomx4
08-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I jumped on their website and it only asks for zip code so I bet it's only a US thing...but I did happen to stumble upon it on www.amazon.com if that helps.

Thank you :)

Ishbel
08-02-2011, 05:24 PM
So because of the Holiday yesterday I am not doing an official WI this week, so next Monday I will update my sticker...butt... I have been waiting for the whole month of July to hit the 160s... well today I have hit my 3/4 mini-goal 75lbs down... I am at 166 today unofficially.... I was going to wait but after being told this weekend that I must exercise a lot that maybe my weight has changed as well... so I broke my rule of not weighing at home, apparently all that I needed was to take a week off, and take long walks with my two beautiful dogs, and hang around the house... who knew... but unfortunately my vac is over and back to work tomorrow.... thinking of taking more after this week but will have to wait and see... didn't do a lot of stuff around the house this time, as my charger for my lawn mower broke and I had to order a new one... still not here yet and my lawn is over a foot high.... and it is going to rain again tomorrow... oh well at least my last day is sunny and a certain red dog of mine thinks I should get of the laptop and take her for a walk as she got a new ball today.... I am going to be celebrating my dogs birthdays this weekend, as Red dog will be 8 on Thursday and my Beautiful Jewel we don't know when her birthday is so I am celebrating them together Jewel is around 14... she is slowing down a lot this year. Okay enough of my rambling.... Have a great day all... off to walk Red Dog and Jewel.

I think 'breaking your rule' is fantastic in this case...I'd have to pull mine out from the VIP's car trunk. WAY TO GO on getting to the 60's WOOHOO!! You've done so well! :hat:

colley
08-02-2011, 05:39 PM

Costco in Canada (well the one in Edmonton) has Talking Rain which is all zeros and made with splenda

grannyto2bear
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM

When I started IP I also found the WF dressings terrible and put them back in the fridge and they stayed there until a couple of weeks ago. I talked to a consultant who suggested I try them again as our taste buds would have changed now that I had been on the program for 2 months. I found they were much better and now could eat them. Another thing that helps me, I went to the dollar store and bought a salad shaker, it is a container with a holder for the dressing on the top. I don't use the dressing holder, I throw all my salad fixings in the container along with my oil and shake it up good. The dressing gets mixed well with everything, and now I don't get some salad with a bit glob of dressing on it. Also found some Gyros dressing at Walmart that is 0/0/0.

grannyto2bear
08-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Good morning.

Have a great day everyone!
Welcome to IP. It is a great program, I have never been able to loose the weight and inches on any other program in this amount of time like I have on IP. Enjoy the journey. I am going camping this week, I hope I do as good as you did with staying OP. There are so many food temptations while camping, I have all my food packages packed, water, and veggies prepared and I better pack my Sudoka book to keep my mind and hands busy if I get some cravings while sitting in the chair.

whirlybird68
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
.3 weeks today on ip, total loss 13 lbs. It could have been better but I cheated 2 days. I'm doing better now.

whirlybird68
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
How do I move my ticker?

Porthardygurl
08-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Goood afternoon!

Its raining..its cool and our summer still hasnt arrived..If someone has seen Mother Nature..could you send her to Port Hardy please? Tell her that she needs to give us our summer..cause she forgot about us...

I was interested... i dont know why..but i decided to step on my scale despite having TOM and i went down a pound..which was shocking..cause usuallly i retain so much water im up a few pounds for a whole week during TOM but i was down..bringing my weight loss count up to 18...ive only got 12 more pounds to go till reward..Hunny has to take me to our favorite resort for a night if i hit my 30 pound mark...I told him he better save up faster cause its coming soon!

On the other hand: I have had the worst TOM cramps ever! So bad.. i was in bed all night with them and a heat pack in spite of taking tylenol and ibprophen and on top of it..i felt really weak...anyone else get like this now? It never used to be this bad before...but now its hardcore!

Well! I hope everyone has a great day OP and remember! Drink drink drink your water!!!

colley
08-02-2011, 07:31 PM
ARGH!!!!! Just found out the crepe has enough carbs to be a restrictive, I was told it wasnt a restrictive but it has more than the oatmeal..... so that twice in the last week that i had a crepe and a bar or soy snack in the same day.... add that to the darn TOM visitor, no wonder i didnt lose...
okay done freaking out now haha

JoseyM
08-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Hello all, back to work Day 2 over, and pretty good other than a run in with a few peanuts :) Tough time eating tonight, had the big mac bowl w/lettuce and am STUFFED,did manage to get down 2 turnips boiled and smashed (like potatos) w/spray butter, but do NOT think I can get anything else down.....ughhhhh.. Some great NSV and scale victories today, just had to read the whole thread since I just got home, so too many to name by name, You ALL know who you are, inspiring to me!!!! We are all in this together....:hug:

Marijaux
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm on week 6 of IP...doing good at 34 lbs down....anxious to be able to use my own ticker....lol

CBates1088
08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone! I am just starting the Ideal Protein Diet and could use all the help and support that I can get! I've heard soooo many good things about this diet and am excited to get started on it... My mother and my sisters mother-in-law both lost about 50lbs each on this and look fantastic! I hope I get the same results! Anyways thanks in advance for all the help!

Bellamack
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Oh that is Great! I was hoping it would happen. Now send him to upstate NY on friday. I weighed exactly the same this morning (18 days in a row) getting very discouraged, maybe I will have a huge loss like you did Sandy on friday. :)

Congrats to everyone having great loses.

wuv2bloved
08-02-2011, 08:14 PM
How do I move my ticker?

You have to edit your signature, in the body of your signature you have to change your numbers where you have your start/now/goal weight

sandyh50
08-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh that is Great! I was hoping it would happen. Now send him to upstate NY on friday. I weighed exactly the same this morning (18 days in a row) getting very discouraged, maybe I will have a huge loss like you did Sandy on friday. :)

Congrats to everyone having great loses.

Let me tell you what I ate the last 3 days! Breakfast: cappachino Lunch: big salad with cukes, radishes, other stuff and made my own dressing (1tsp EVOO, 1 TSPB of apple cider vinegar, splenda and 1 chopped green onion) 2 egg whites and then make pudding cakes. Supper: 8 oz fish steamed in a Zip and Steam bag, lettuce with WF dressing, and 2 cups asparagus. Snack: a wildberry yogurt smoothie (I just make it with ice)

I really think that eating the fish and asparagus for 3 days before weigh in really helped!! And I drank 3/4 gallon of water.

See if that helps!!

Oh , I also had some Miralax for 2 days to help me go! Very gentle, no cramping or diarhea with it.

Linden
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone! I am just starting the Ideal Protein Diet and could use all the help and support that I can get! I've heard soooo many good things about this diet and am excited to get started on it... My mother and my about mother-in-law both lost about 50lbs each on this and look fantastic! I hope I get the same results! Anyways thanks in advance for all the help!

WELCOME. And just one useful piece of advice -- READ. Read voraciously. Read everything you can, starting back at about April 2010 Weekly Chats, then Tips for Newbies. You'll learn SO much and do SO well.

Louisiana chick
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
You have to edit your signature, in the body of your signature you have to change your numbers where you have your start/now/goal weight

HOw do you add the 5 pound loss symbols to the bottom of your page. i have my weight loss ticker but can't figure out how to get the 5 pound loss.

matolmama
08-02-2011, 09:13 PM
hi all , i am not doing the ip but am doing the matol, same food and protocol. thought you guy's could assist me in this journey. currently i am doing well.
s/c/g: 254/218/140 started june 8th. :)

brummie
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Wow!! You really must be in the whoosh fairies good books! Thanks for sharing, I had a whoosh last week and thought that was it...it probably won't happen again (i feel guilty even asking for it again!)...but your loss makes me think that maybe i can get another good loss in there!
Happy birthday to the pups! They are lucky to have such a wonderful mum!

brummie
08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
.3 weeks today on ip, total loss 13 lbs. It could have been better but I cheated 2 days. I'm doing better now.

that's over a 4lb per week average! Definately something to be proud of. Now you know better, you will do better! Keep up the great work!

jordanna
08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Well no woosh fairy here, in fact the fat goblin showed up and gave me a 0.2 gain this morning. I just started my first cycle since having Charlie so I guess I can't be too concerned over it....

2RIDE - I'm trying your kohlrabi fries tonight with my beef kabob...looking forward to trying them out!

Good job to all who had great weigh ins today...maybe the woosh fairy is planning to show up tonight before my weigh in in the morning...

nelle2002
08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Hello IP people!

I am just finishing my first day on the IP diet. So far so good-no headaches etc:D

My goal is 15 lbs.

I am following the diet via a coworker, so I never really had any formal training on it.

I have drank for sure 80cc of water today and took all of the supplements also.
Here is my menu for today:

bkst: rasberry yogurt packet
lunch:mixed lettuce with 2 cups of allowed vegies (WF dsg)
vanilla pudding packet
dinner:5oz steak with 2 cups of brocolli and lettuce salad
snack:pineapple/banana packet

any suggestions for tomorrow and the days to come?

Thanks nelle

calee
08-02-2011, 10:04 PM

That's awesome!!!

coliep
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Please send the Whoosh Fairy here to Indiana on Thursday (on the way to NY of course). I have been bouncing around the same 1 pound for 10 days. I need to see a little somethin-somethin for my sanity and motivation!

niknakjack
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Tonight I tried something different, I onle needed a cup of veggies to get in, so I cut up 1c. cauliflower put it in a bag seasoned it w/1oz EVOO, 1 IP packet broccoli cheddar soup, onion powder, sea salt and pepper shook it all up and put it on a cookie sheet in a pre heated 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes flipping in between YUMMY!
I used the leftover broc cheddar soup mix from the bag added a bit of water, heated in microwave and ate that as soup so I didn't waste any of my protein packet.

Congrats to everyone on there weigh losses this week!

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Hello all, back to work Day 2 over, and pretty good other than a run in with a few peanuts :) Tough time eating tonight, had the big mac bowl w/lettuce and am STUFFED,did manage to get down 2 turnips boiled and smashed (like potatos) w/spray butter, but do NOT think I can get anything else down.....ughhhhh.. Some great NSV and scale victories today, just had to read the whole thread since I just got home, so too many to name by name, You ALL know who you are, inspiring to me!!!! We are all in this together....:hug:

Josey I had the turnips tonight too...they are weird..I dunno, I could definately take or leave them...lol.

MJKinMN
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Hello IP people!

I am just finishing my first day on the IP diet. So far so good-no headaches etc:D

My goal is 15 lbs.

I am following the diet via a coworker, so I never really had any formal training on it.

I have drank for sure 80cc of water today and took all of the supplements also.
Here is my menu for today:

bkst: rasberry yogurt packet
lunch:mixed lettuce with 2 cups of allowed vegies (WF dsg)
vanilla pudding packet
dinner:5oz steak with 2 cups of brocolli and lettuce salad
snack:pineapple/banana packet

any suggestions for tomorrow and the days to come?

Thanks nelle

Nelle sounds like you have the "jist" of it...good luck with following IP :)

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 12:25 AM
HOw do you add the 5 pound loss symbols to the bottom of your page. i have my weight loss ticker but can't figure out how to get the 5 pound loss.

In your edit signature click on the smiley's and add them to your signature
if you click more it brings up a whole lot more smiley's

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm curious how many people eat the bars? If so, how many a week? does anyone notice a difference in their losses when they don't have restricted items? I love the bars because they are sweet but I don't want my losses to suffer.

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm curious how many people eat the bars? If so, how many a week? does anyone notice a difference in their losses when they don't have restricted items? I love the bars because they are sweet but I don't want my losses to suffer.

I have a bar everyday and have never had any difference in my losses

wuv2bloved
08-03-2011, 12:58 AM
OK, i just got back from a going away party for one of the pilots and I haven't seen most of them in months they all freaked out.....I loved it!!.....there was sooooo much food and lots to drink BUT I drank my trusty water. Everyone kept asking me if I wanted something to eat or drink and I said nope I am fine. THEN they said ohhhh we gotta do a shot, I said I have my shot right here....WATER!! Then there was Ice cream cake and regular cake, of course they offered and then one of the girls said STOP ASKING HER, she is HARD CORE on this diet LOOK AT HER, she is doing fantastic so STOP asking her!....I just laughed and said thank you...haha. 3 of the flight attendants have had gastric bypasses and are now chubby and THEY are the ones that were trying to get me to eat. I just laughed and enjoyed myself not eating.

whirlybird68
08-03-2011, 12:58 AM

You are so dang sweet! I love those who are encouraging and helpful. It makes this journey so much more pleasant. :flow1:

whirlybird68
08-03-2011, 01:06 AM
that's over a 4lb per week average! Definately something to be proud of. Now you know better, you will do better! Keep up the great work!

Thank you, Brummie. :goodvibes I have decided to buckle down for August, September and October. Hopefully I can lose a good bit during that time period. I started July 15th, so that will be about 14 to 15 weeks. Then i may phase into the diet solution program, which is basically just education on proper eating for life, so that i can really start exercising. The only issue i have with ideal protein is that the ip packs are quite unhealthy, and the sucralose and aspertane-potassium gives me headaches. The reason i justify doing this plan is because i realize being fat is quite unhealthy as well. So, i will try to knock off the top and move to something much more beneficial for my overall health.
Goodnight, fellow ipers!

capricious
08-03-2011, 02:25 AM
:bravo: Thanks for the tip about only eating fish for three days prior to weigh in... I had a sense that things go better at weigh in when I eat 'light' prior to it and I will definitely be trying it this week because during my first week of Phase 2 I stalled... and I NEED to get down an extra few so that I can maintain at the weight I want to be... so if the whoosh fairy could visit just ONE more time maybe sometime like, let's say, oh, next Sunday evening/ early Monday morning... that would be FABULOUS!!!!

In Alberta today...

good for you, you will do great.

So because of the Holiday yesterday I am not doing an official WI this week, so next Monday I will update my sticker...butt... I have been waiting for the whole month of July to hit the 160s... well today I have hit my 3/4 mini-goal 75lbs down... I am at 166 today unofficially.... I was going to wait but after being told this weekend that I must exercise a lot that maybe my weight has changed as well... so I broke my rule of not weighing at home, apparently all that I needed was to take a week off, and take long walks with my two beautiful dogs, and hang around the house... who knew...
:congrat::congrat::cheer2: You are awesome!!!!!!!!! That is so fantastic to hear that you have hit your 3/4 goal and that that goal required you to lose 75 lbs... WOW... You totally deserve it, because you have stayed on track and not taken your eye off the prize regardless of all the temptations- what's the reward for having attained this goal? (besides pride and bragging rights of course...:D)

capricious
08-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Well today was WI13 and something happened that hasn't happened to me before... --I didn't lose any weight-- but at least I broke even and it wasn't a gain... Still, I have a girls weekend planned for Aug 19th weekend and with having 3 children- I don't get away that often and I really, truly had my heart set on having been done with phasing off so that I could enjoy a guilt free evening... My coach says that this is still workable provided that phase 2 goes well this week... all I can do is stay OP and hope for the best. It was interesting to read in a previous post that sometimes our bodies like to stay at weights we have been at previously for awhile. I had heard that we have a weight our body likes to be at but hadn't realized that there could be different weights that they might gravitate towards. Funny, because the weight I'm at now is very close to the one I was at for a couple of years prior to having babies- but I would like to STAY at this weight and not be heavier than it- which is bound to happen when the glycogen stores are replenished... so here's hoping that staying OP and eating only fish & chicken this week will help move things along...:dizzy:

futureskinnygirl
08-03-2011, 03:56 AM
I've been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm down 19 pounds but today I counld not stomach the lettuce or lean protein at dinner. Can you substitute another IP pack instead of a regular dinner? Thanks!