Ideal Protein Diet - Albertans?????

View Full Version : Albertans?????

patns
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I noticed there seem to be quite a few Albertans on this board so thought I'd say hi.
The board is so active I can never find threads I want to get back to so I thought I'd start a new thread to ask this.

Is there anyplace is Alberta to buy DaVinci products or do I have to order them? I went by Planet Organic on the weekend and couldn't see any there. I thought if they didn't have them no one would.

Also I would like to get the individual pkgs of WF dressings and wonder if they are available locally. I didn't check out how much shipping is for either of these companies.

I did buy several WF dressings at the clinic and quite liked them. But I'm hesitant to try the Wf syrups as many people commented on the board they are not great, especially the chocolate.

It is such a hassle driving around in Edmonton in the summer with all the road work going on it may be easier to order the stuff.

I hope everyone is having a great long weekend. It is so great to see August starting off with a sunny day after the continuous monsoon that was July.

Pat

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I noticed there seem to be quite a few Albertans on this board so thought I'd say hi.
The board is so active I can never find threads I want to get back to so I thought I'd start a new thread to ask this.

Is there anyplace is Alberta to buy DaVinci products or do I have to order them? I went by Planet Organic on the weekend and couldn't see any there. I thought if they didn't have them no one would.

Also I would like to get the individual pkgs of WF dressings and wonder if they are available locally. I didn't check out how much shipping is for either of these companies.

I did buy several WF dressings at the clinic and quite liked them. But I'm hesitant to try the Wf syrups as many people commented on the board they are not great, especially the chocolate.

It is such a hassle driving around in Edmonton in the summer with all the road work going on it may be easier to order the stuff.

I hope everyone is having a great long weekend. It is so great to see August starting off with a sunny day after the continuous monsoon that was July.

PatBest place to find daVinci syrups is "The Grocery People" on about 146 and yellowhead. WF products the only place I found them is Sweet Tweet (sugar free store) on 50 St and about 43 ave... across from Millwoods Golf course. Sweet Tweet also had davinci, a little more expensive then at the grocery people and not nearly the selection. You can also order online from Sweet tweet. Haven't heard anyone not like the wf syrups, more don't like the salad dressings. If you go to Sweet tweet they have a new brand of products that are 0/0/0 haven't tried them but will the next time. WF bbq sauce are pretty good.

Joanne.

jordanna
08-01-2011, 05:20 PM
They have WF products And DiVinci syrups at MHN on St. Albert trail too

patns
08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks, I am going past the Grocery People all the time and have been at MHN before too.

I saw several posts saying the WF chocolate syrup is awful so didn't buy any, maybe I would like it.

Jordanna, I saw a picture on the BB at the clinic and I asked Taylor why the young lady looked so familiar. She said you likely saw her on the internet.

I am finding your cooking suggestions so helpful.

Also 2RIDER, love you no nonsense advice too.

Nice to "meet" you both.

Pat

jordanna
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I am going past the Grocery People all the time and have been at MHN before too.

I saw several posts saying the WF chocolate syrup is awful so didn't buy any, maybe I would like it.

Jordanna, I saw a picture on the BB at the clinic and I asked Taylor why the young lady looked so familiar. She said you likely saw her on the internet.

I am finding your cooking suggestions so helpful.

Also 2RIDER, love you no nonsense advice too.

Nice to "meet" you both.

Pat

Oh you go to Taylor too! She's great :). Nice to meet u also!

colley
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning, I hit up Sweet tweets every couple of weeks, the business is actually up for sale and hopefully the new owners will be just as good. I did find a IP location that was on on 23rd ave and 96st that carried most of the WF stuff (they just moved and don't know where, but still south side) and they're actually a little cheaper that Sweet Tweets.

niknakjack
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe you can order them on line from Netrition.com $4.95 for s/h no matter the size of the order. you can mix and match both brands and they have all the flavors of sugar free made w/splenda.

I ordered 7 bottles 3 da vinci and 4 torani they arrived in 2 days i was shocked.
love them all.

patns
08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes Jordanna, I think I lucked into the clinic I went to, I just called few and Taylor happened to be the office in hers. I actually live east of Edmnton but have laots a time in the summer and when school starts I'm all over the city so it will work. I like her calm sensible approach.

Nice to meet you too Colley, is the IP that was located on 96th and 23rd a clinic?
I'll try the north side places first but Sweet Tweets sounds like it may be worth a drive.
Thanks Nik, I'll keep that site in mind, usually there is more hassles about shipping when it is going out of the country and then sometimes there is duty charges on our side.

colley
08-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice to meet you too Colley, is the IP that was located on 96th and 23rd a clinic?

It was in the a chiropractic clinic in the back, I googled them cause I needed some packs while I was visiting my parents in Eddy. Thats where I found the WF for 5.99 i believe, while Sweet Tweet is 6.19

Thefireresides
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Second Cup carries the Torani syurps... and I have also found both the syrups at Winners on occasion.
Good earth Cafe also sells the DaVinci syrups

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
That is great to know of more places... I love going into sweet tweet (I am sorry it is up for sale, here is to hoping the new owners are as good)... I like walking around sweet tweets just to see what is there... I bought a jar of PB2 that I am waiting to use when I hit Phase 3... and they have a new line of dressings that are 0/0/0 has anyone tried them?

If the southside IP clinic is in south edmonton common, a couple of my friends had bad experiences with them and therefore quit IP totally. Hopefully they are okay just to go in and buy WF products...

Jordanna what is MHN? may have to go there after farmer's market saturday.

Thanks all... today I had chocolate coffee with peanut butter syrup a teaspoon of wf peanut spread. I hated coffee before but loved the smell, now I can't get enough of iced coffees or blended... has anyone ever heard of a 0/0/0 smoothie mix? I really miss my Ice Caps and even though I do buy the cappachino mix it isn't the same...

jordanna
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
That is great to know of more places... I love going into sweet tweet (I am sorry it is up for sale, here is to hoping the new owners are as good)... I like walking around sweet tweets just to see what is there... I bought a jar of PB2 that I am waiting to use when I hit Phase 3... and they have a new line of dressings that are 0/0/0 has anyone tried them?

If the southside IP clinic is in south edmonton common, a couple of my friends had bad experiences with them and therefore quit IP totally. Hopefully they are okay just to go in and buy WF products...

Jordanna what is MHN? may have to go there after farmer's market saturday.

Thanks all... today I had chocolate coffee with peanut butter syrup a teaspoon of wf peanut spread. I hated coffee before but loved the smell, now I can't get enough of iced coffees or blended... has anyone ever heard of a 0/0/0 smoothie mix? I really miss my Ice Caps and even though I do buy the cappachino mix it isn't the same...

MHN is Maximum Health and Nutrition on St. Albert trail heading south. It's by a mattress place and a Tim Hortons on the right hand side of the street (jut up past Christie's Corner where the movie theater is)

patns
08-02-2011, 05:51 PM
What about exercise? When did you start adding that in? I am very inactive during the school year but I have a yearly pass to Elk Island National Park and this year so for had very limited days that I could use it.
I am in week two but I think I will go down for a hike tomorrow starting with the shorter trails.
One time last year I had more exercise than I had anticipated when I unexpectedly came face to face with a huge bison and had to run! But I'll stick to the more people populated trails I think.
Seems I have been stuck inside forever with either rain or mosquitoes.

capricious
08-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I go to a clinic in Spruce Grove- love my coach there- and they sell davinci products as well as individual WF dressings etc... BUT... I went to the clinic in Stony Plain because it was adjacent to the restaurant we were going to breakfast at and I wanted coffee and ergo I wanted a vanilla rtd to put in said coffee... and was shocked to find that their davinci syrups were $3 cheaper...

patns
08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I go to a clinic in Spruce Grove- love my coach there- and they sell davinci products as well as individual WF dressings etc... BUT... I went to the clinic in Stony Plain because it was adjacent to the restaurant we were going to breakfast at and I wanted coffee and ergo I wanted a vanilla rtd to put in said coffee... and was shocked to find that their davinci syrups were $3 cheaper...

You are doing great you look wonderful!

Sounds like it might be worth a jaunt out to Stony Plain.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I go to a clinic in Spruce Grove- love my coach there- and they sell davinci products as well as individual WF dressings etc... BUT... I went to the clinic in Stony Plain because it was adjacent to the restaurant we were going to breakfast at and I wanted coffee and ergo I wanted a vanilla rtd to put in said coffee... and was shocked to find that their davinci syrups were $3 cheaper... Do you go to the Idealy You clinic? I look at their recipes every week. they have some good recipes on their website. :D

capricious
08-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Do you go to the Idealy You clinic? I look at their recipes every week. they have some good recipes on their website. :D
No... I go to Karma... I'll have to check out Ideally You's website tho'- always looking for good new recipes to try ;)

colley
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Just saw that "Ideally You" is closing the doors permanently August 15, 2011

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Just saw that "Ideally You" is closing the doors permanently August 15, 2011really, I liked their website feature with their recipes, will have to be sure to download the recipes. Thanks for the warning.

patns
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the recipes. I will copy some out.
It looked like that was quite a nice clinic. It seems like a sudden decision to close, the website likey won't be available long.

Pat

Backto20
08-11-2011, 11:47 PM
I do not want to drive to EDM (not that there's anything wrong with it lol) to get these products. Does anyone know any place in Calgary to get them?

YvetteSki
08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I do not want to drive to EDM (not that there's anything wrong with it lol) to get these products. Does anyone know any place in Calgary to get them?

If you go to the website and click on Contact Us -> Ideal Protein Centre Location -> Enter in your information, the site will give you a list of centre's in Calgary. I know there are some as my sisters friend is going to one in Calgary. I don't know who she is otherwise I would ask her.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I do not want to drive to EDM (not that there's anything wrong with it lol) to get these products. Does anyone know any place in Calgary to get them?there is a couple of places, one that I remember in south calgary... just google it and you will find the ones for calgary

patns
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
There are people on the board here from Calgary, maybe someone will check in here. I was so surprised when I goggled IP and saw so many in Edmonton and surrounding areas. That made it harder to figure out which one to go to.
2RD, I asked this on one of the daily threads but they seem to roll on so quickly it is hard to find posts later. You had mentioned you were not doing broccoli and cauliflower for a week. Slowdowns are not an issue for me yet as I am still in the early weeks. But I was curious because I thought broccoli was one of the lowest carb veggies and is one of my first choices?

Pat

hazidea
10-23-2011, 02:21 AM
The site is not going offline, it will continue to be dedicated to recipes and a directory of local Weight Loss. Perhaps a gradual move away from just Ideal Protein and more of a resource for dieters.

Tuscany123
10-23-2011, 09:49 AM
So funny - when I saw this thread heading I checked out. I thought "Albertans" must be some kind of new artificial sweetner I hadn't heard of yet! Hapy Sunday Canadians! Love Canada, can't wait to vacation there again :hug:

patns
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I was surprised to see this thread brought back up, actually I had forgotten I'd started it. Tuscany, that is funny about you wanting to come to Canada to vacation again. All around me my neighbours are packing up to head to Arizona for the winter.
So funny to look back on the info I asked for on where to shop, Thanks to
2Ride and others I am whipping around to this places automatically now. I posted on August 1st just starting out. Next week will be November 1st and I am almost two thirds of my way to goal.
I actually got called out on the board by someone saying I was a bad example because I was losing too slow but I am so excited by my progress. I am close to the weight now that I was when I graduated from high school. When I retire this summer I hope to be 12 pounds lighter than now.
I love this plan and all the advice. The imput from my fellow Edmontonians really helped me navigate the city in search of great products.
Due to a change is area to cover for my job I pop into Sweet Tweets all the time now. I wouldn't even have noticed it except for this thread.
Thanks again for all the help.

Pat

thin4me
10-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Looking for Excellent Downtown Edmonton Restaurant

I'm looking for an excellent restaurant in downtown Edmonton that will accomodate IP and of course not too pricey.

All suggestions would be welcome - just not sure where to eat and really don't want an issue as we will be out with friends.

BCGirl
10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I am in Edmonton this week on business (travel here a lot) and have found the Mongolie Grill to be an excellent option when I've traveled You choose your food, your sauce and can have it without carbs, so you can have a yummy meal on Phase 1/2!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Looking for Excellent Downtown Edmonton Restaurant

I'm looking for an excellent restaurant in downtown Edmonton that will accomodate IP and of course not too pricey.

All suggestions would be welcome - just not sure where to eat and really don't want an issue as we will be out with friends.

hmmm don't eat downtown very often. Mongolian grill 109 and Jasper from the sounds of it is good. Boston Pizza is close to there too. There is a Denny's not sure you can have anything but a salad there. I think there still is a chop house downtown you can have a steak... there is Ruth's Kriss steak house but REALLY expensive. There is the Jananese Restaurant off Jasper and I think Hull street... just a few ideas. I believe it or not ate at the spagetti house my second day on the diet and everyone looked at me as I was sooo picky... also at a Asian village type restaurant, but very slim selection there I ate salad and mint and cucumber salad...

Junetwin11
10-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Hiya...I'm just south of Leduc. Thanx for all the great info on where to go everyone. Gonna plan a trip to Edmonton :)

BCGirl
10-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Not romantic date night fare, but I've really enjoyed Red Robin burger without the bun - I brought my WF Thousand Island and had a big mac in a bowl. It was nice to eat lots of food with the family and be OP.

thin4me
10-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I am in Edmonton this week on business (travel here a lot) and have found the Mongolie Grill to be an excellent option when I've traveled You choose your food, your sauce and can have it without carbs, so you can have a yummy meal on Phase 1/2!

hmmm don't eat downtown very often. Mongolian grill 109 and Jasper from the sounds of it is good. Boston Pizza is close to there too. .

Excellent idea! I'll suggest the Mongolian grill - haven't been there in ages

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Hiya...I'm just south of Leduc. Thanx for all the great info on where to go everyone. Gonna plan a trip to Edmonton :)
Hey, I work at the airport so you are real close...

I also have been to red lobster, chilis and red robin... all very good places to stay op... anywhere that does fajitas is a good place as well. Dadeos on white ave is my FAVORITE restaurant. Louisianna food, with poboys and sweet potatoe fries... of course you cant have that but I have the cat fish salad without oranges or salad dressing.. I use their hot sauce as dressing... yum my fave.:hungry:

oh and in leduc, I always take my out of town bosses to Kosmos... great steak sandwich with mushrooms and side salad...

Junetwin11
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I love Louisiana Purchase in edmonton. Kosmos is great! Nice to meet everyone :)

patns
10-29-2011, 12:07 AM
I went to Billingate Fish market on Calgary Trail tonight. I had the grilled halibut and grilled veggies.

patns
12-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Da** I was in Red Deer last week and stopped for a coffee in Leduc. Just got a picture of the car in the mail. So the coffee cost me $103 more than I expected!

Junetwin11
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear that. Darn coffee :)

Trinique125
12-03-2011, 08:51 AM

excellent idea!! We have a mongolie very close to us too.