Chicks up for a Challenge - September 20th Challenge (Week 7)

View Full Version : September 20th Challenge (Week 7)

ClaireBear92
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
YOU'RE RESULTS LADIES!

1. melni - 13.5 lbs!
2. ClaireBear92 - 12 lbs!
3. do the robot - 9.8 lbs!
4. caramelkitty - 7.8 lbs!
5. doc2b - 7.4 lbs!
6. diyana - 7.1 lbs!
7. mayness - 5.4 lbs!
8. elizabethyellow - 5 lbs!
9. iamerican - 4 lbs!
10. xxALICIAxx - 4 lbs!
11. sewhappy - 3.7 lbs!
12. TheBunneh - 3.6 lbs!
13. skinnychica - 2.6 lbs!
14. kurisitaru - 2 lbs!
15. LaCatrina - 0.6 lbs!

Our Total Weight Loss as a Group is.....

88.7 lbs!!!

That is a small child we have lost ladies!!! be super proud of yourselves =]]]

This week is a TEAM CHALLENGE!! 3 different teams of 5....

Pink Team
- mayness
- LaCatrina
- xxALICIAxx
- caramelkitty
- ClaireBear92

Teal Team
- TheBunneh
- iamerican
- elizabethyellow
- kurisitaru
- sewhappy

Purple Team
- melni
- do the robot
- doc2b
- skinnychica
- diyana

GOODLUCK TEAMS!!!

melni
08-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Woot! This is freaking AMAZING, ladies! I can't believe we're already on week 7.

Go purple team!

doc2b
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
hey ladies--- sorry I have been gone - Jamaica then moving. The damage from Jamaica wasnt taht bad and Im still getting it off. I was 205 the day I got back, but this morning I was back dorn to 200.0.... so hopefully tomorrow I have been OP all day. DH gained 15 lbs on the trip but is doing a fruit/veggie detox and started juicing and is down like 28 lbs its CRAZY! School started today :(, so my presence will be sparse for a while. I think I can still reach my goal of 180. Good Luck ladies!!

iamerican
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Thats awesome! Congrats everyone! I did C25k W2D1 today! :)

kurisitaru
08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm starting the C25K Soon IamAmerican!
I want the heat wave to go away first. ><
Finished the 30 day SHRED. =0
Now it's something new!

caramelkitty
08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Wow girls!!!!! Pat yourselves on the back we kicked ***!!! Lets go lucky week #7!!!! :)

Ps pink is my favorite color :)
Good luck everyone!!!!!

skinnychicagogirl
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
We. Are. Awesome!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to lose this week, feeling super motivated!!! I think I hit a bit of a plateau. And, to be honest, these last 15 lbs are stubborn!!!

diyana
08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone -

My company's intranet posts daily inspirational quotes...and today's was so fabulous, I just had to share! In fact, it's so good, I added it to my signature.

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."
~ Edwin Louis Cole

kurisitaru
08-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I keep looking at people's stomach and keep thinking things like "I want THOSE curves" or "I want THOSE abs when I flex"
etc etc etc

I have to remind myself that I will never look like anyone else. But maybe... one day, someone will look at my core and say "I want THAT stomach!"

skinnychicagogirl
08-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi all!!
GREAT job everyone!!! This challenge is helping me. You are all very inspirational and supportive, thanks!

I keep on fighting the good fight with night eating - my new resolution is to come here and post first before even considering going back to the kitchen. Hold me to it!

Happy week 7!!! We have 7 more?

iamerican
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
If I see 243 one more time..... I dont even know what I am going to do. I have been working out extra hard. BLLLLLAHHHHHH

caramelkitty
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM
iamerican u know what helps me? i stop working out for a few days and let my body maintain the weight.
then when i start working out again it kick starts the weight loss.

hey girls, i just posted in the mini-goal photo album, if you guys wanna see in detail what my progress is :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/239854-over-40-down-little-under-30-left.html

thanks so much for all the motivation you guys bring, i dont think i wouldve been able to do what i have so far without your help!

go girls, lets get sexy by september 20th :)

ClaireBear92
08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Urghhh I am so frusterated guys!

So i moved down to Cheney Washington like 3 weeks ago....because this is where my school is and our lease started last month. Well my gym is all the way in Spokane Washington which is about 25 mins away. Do i spend the gas money getting to the gym every night? or do i spend like 45 bucks on a one month memebership to a gym down here in cheney. im broke! I'm just a poor college student. So either option really does suck. To make matters worse..my roommates eat junk food 24/7 and its all they want to keep in the house.

I NEED ADVICE!

how do i keep up he weight loss even though ive been put into this dumb situation???

I can start using the student gym here on campus once classes start up again...but that's not until September 20th =[

TheBunneh
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry guys, but things have gotten really stressful for me really fast and I think I should probably pull out of the challenge. I'm sorry because I know that's going to affect the statistics and everything. :(

I really need to take a step back right now and focus on making sure I'm eating the right foods/portions and exercising, regardless of a loss or not, in-spite of the stress. But thinking about the challenge is making that difficult because I'm starting to panic about the scale.

I'm really sorry. :(

ClaireBear92
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
aww TheBunneh, we will miss you!

and you know you can come back and join anytime.

diyana
08-03-2011, 02:28 PM
TheBunneh - We'll miss you! I hope you're able to stay on plan in terms of food and exercise despite the stress. I've always found exercise to be a fantastic stress reliever.

ClaireBear - My opinion is...if the gym in Spokane is 25 min. away that's pretty inconvenient even for a month. So I would suggest finding ways to exercise in Cheney. Does your current gym have any other locations that are closer to Cheney that maybe you could transfer your membership to? $45 is a lot for a college student to pay for one month at a gym, but you'd probably pay that much in gas. I checked out the Cheney Snap Fitness website and the Cheney Curves website...and they both are offering free 1 week memberships. Other than that...maybe you can do walking/jogging for cardio and do bodyweight exercises (pushups, planks, squats, etc.) for resistance training. Good luck.

melni
08-04-2011, 11:44 PM
TheBunneh--I hope you'll come back every once in a while and tell us how you're doing! Good luck. :)

ClaireBear--Did you come up with any more ideas? I completely understand your situation. I'm a poor college student as well. I would try taking walks/jogs or something outside until school starts back up.

Well, it finally cooled down here, (and by cooled down, I mean 90 degrees!) so I got a chance to go outside and walk, which was nice.

Keep at it ladies, we're already in week 7!

iamerican
08-05-2011, 12:21 AM
ClaireBear: That situation sucks. I think just wading it out till school starts is the best idea for a poor college student (I am one as well). You can work out outside or borrow workout videos from libraries. There are some intense ones out there!

I did W2D2 Of C25k today :)

ClaireBear92
08-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I caved and joined the gym for a month yesturday. I really needed it. Last night the boyfriend came over again and he's about a foot taller than me and is a football player so he reached down to pick me up and i freaked out. i didnt want him to try just in case he couldnt....and he made some comment about it not looking like he could pick me up but he still could...and i took it the wrong way and started crying. I need to get completely back on the bandwagon. there is still time for me to get to my goal if i push hard now.

xxALICIAxx
08-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Yayy Pink is my favorite color too!!

Soo I found a picture from Thanksgiving last year and from 2 years ago when I got married [which was also 3 months after giving birth to my twins] and I must say they both have helped me get back on track! Man, I was big! What a difference 35 pounds can make! On September 20th I am going to take an AFTER picture and then post them! Maybe I'll be down another 10 by then??? :)

TheBunneh* If you're still around reading this forum; SOO Sorry to hear that you are leaving!! Wish you good luck on your journey!! xoxo :hug:

diyana
08-07-2011, 09:23 AM
ClaireBear - Good for you for signing up for the gym. If that will help you stay on track, then it's worth the investment. Sometimes people tease and they don't see that it can be misinterpreted. He obviously finds you beautiful, sweet and fun (which we all know that you are too).

Guess what, my friends!! I'm out of the 230s! Yep...I weighed myself this morning: 229.0 :woohoo: I might not make it to 213 by Sept. 20, but I am making progress!!

SW: 238.6
CW: 229.0
GW: 213.0

iamerican
08-07-2011, 01:25 PM
BOOM BOOM POW! So after being stranded between 245-243 for 5ish weeks I got a WHOOSH this morning. I am down to 239.8. I changed weigh-ins to Sundays. I also hit my first mini goal :)

caramelkitty
08-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I weighed in at 170 this morning :-) yay

kurisitaru
08-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Congrats to the losses and Yay Iamamerica! That's why we push through those frackin' platues! ><

Clairbear: I'm sure your boyfriend meant nothing by it. Sometimes we find hidden meanings in things people say. Once my uncle took a look at me and said I had gotten so much bigger since he had seen me last. I hadn't grown an inch since I had seen him last but it was about the time I was putting on weight so I thought he meant I was getting fat. I ran away crying and he was so dumbfounded as to what he had done. ><

Anyway my weight today is 157.4
I mean... I should be happy the scale is going down... but I'm getting annoyed that it isn't going faster... I even ate more towards the 1200 calories rather than my usual 1500 calories this week. Thought cutting back would help... ><
Oh well, IamAmerican proves that if we stick with it, the platue will eventually end and the weight will drop off.

doc2b
08-08-2011, 01:16 AM
My weigh in for the week is 195.0 :) YAY!!! It was a good week.... Today was a fat/bad eating day.... but I think I should be okay. This week is the week of our first big Exam in the second year of medical school hopefully I can keep i together. I just had a coffee for the first time all semester (1 wk) but thats forever in med school :) . All you C25K ladies keep it up. I finished it this summer and LOVE running now. i feel horrible everyday I don't get to run and am planning on training for a half marathon. Good luck this week LADIES

skinnychicagogirl
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Quick update from me: 163.8. Down a hair. I'll take it - at least it's not up !!!

caramelkitty
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
skinnychicagogirl i agree, i rather not move, than go up. its so heartbreaking seeing how hard it is to lose a pound, that when it goes up i feel like i did everything for nothing. lol

do the robot
08-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Weigh-in is 307. Think that's like a 1.8 pound loss this week rofl. Whatever, it's TOM - most possibly annoying thing that could happen to anyone trying to lose weight.

melni
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
222.5 today. :D My hypothyroid prescription got boosted, so I'm assuming this helped with the "woosh"

diyana
08-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Congrats to all the losers!! :bravo:

do the robot
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Where'd everyone go! Or is there a new thread I missed?

caramelkitty
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Eek... Havent seen one yet? :S

iamerican
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Where is everyone? How is everyones week going?

caramelkitty
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
iamerican well since its just you and me here.. lol
my week has been going good, no weight loss for some reason, but i lost 3lb so far in the month of august, im just stalled and its making me angry. those stupid 160s dont wanna be a part of my life yet, but then again this is what i said at 183 about the 170s lolll...

how about you? hows everything? hows the workouts coming along?
(ps. do u know of a new thread? i cant find one? maybe were just left over here lol)

iamerican
08-12-2011, 09:54 AM
caramelkitty: I havent found one either. It really is just the two of us. I hope people are keeping up their losses and workouts. We are only 2 weeks in and you are down 3! That is great. Stalls suck. I swear I had a 5 week one till last week. My 3.2 whoosh on Sunday was awesome, but I am up one of those. Not the healthiest eating this week :( Good news is I am killling c25k! Love it! I cant wait to run 3 miles...even though it wont be for 7 weeks.

How are your workouts? You are over half way to your goal!!!

caramelkitty
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
iamerican wow thats amazing!!! im so proud of you! :) i never knew what c25k was but now I do (I googled it) LOL CONGRATS ON breaking through your 5 week plateau!!! those whooshes are the best feeling ever! I do a little victory dance in the bathroom every time that happens lol.

I actually weighed in at 169.5 this morning, so I officially have less than 25 lb to go! its all getting so real now. I have not seen the 160s in so long!!! I just dont feel pretty anymore, is that happening to you? I know most people feel like they look better and are more attractive as they lose weight, I just lost all my mojo *no more sex drive* i dont feel pretty, and i am disgusted with myself the more i look at myself...

i hope it passes because everyones been complimenting me, i just feel bad for the fiance! LOL

i hope everyone is keeping up with their diets and workouts as well. come on girls, we only got 6 weeks left!!! :)

melni
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm here! I've been meaning to reply, but then I get distracted...

I move back to college next week. Which is great, I'm so ready to go back, but I am nervous about sticking to my diet. I know I can do it, but those late night pizza runs are gonna be hard to resist.

Looks like both of you are doing great!

xxALICIAxx
08-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Sorry ladies!! I have been super busy lately. Haven't had much time to write anything. Seems like everyone is slowly dissapearing! What happened???? Still tracking and hoping for a good weigh in this week.. I keep bouncing from 187 - 185. :(

CaramelKitty** I remember when we had the same weight loss! You flew past me!! Congrats!! I can't wait to be in the 160's! :)

I am going to start the C25K on Monday! I didnt know what that was either, So I googled it also lol. It seems like a good program!

caramelkitty
08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey ladies, hope you're doing great I took done new pics on the weekend, let me know if you think I'm looking like I'm close to goal :-)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m259/mizz_pimpetta/2011-08-13191530.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m259/mizz_pimpetta/2011-08-13191227.jpg

melni
08-15-2011, 06:51 PM
You look GREAT, caramelkitty!

I'm in at 222.5 today. Ugh. I think I'm starting to plateau which bites because my goal was to be 220 by the time I go back to school. I start Thursday. Hopefully I get a whoosh before then!

iamerican
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Caramel Kitty: YOu look great!

caramelkitty
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks girls but honestly Im on the verge of giving up.
I havent lost anything since I hit that stupid 170.
Now I wobble between 170 and 169, and I barely even eat...
let alone eat anything bad for me.

I really hope you guys are having much more luck than I am! :( :hug:

diyana
08-16-2011, 01:26 PM
CaramelKitty - Make sure you're eating ENOUGH to keep your body fueled.

Gang, I've been REALLY sick with bronchitis (going to the doc today for probably another chest xray to see if it's actually pneumonia).

Anyway, I don't even remember what I last weighed in at...but I'm now 225.0! Which I'm thrilled about, but I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to lose weight the way I'm doing it now.

kurisitaru
08-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Is this still the thread we are all on? I was all on vacation... o.O

doc2b
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Welll I was 194.0 on Monday morning- TEST morning-- I usually weigh more when I dont get enough sleep! Camel kitty you look AMAZING! And Diyana HOW are you losing weight, then?

caramelkitty
08-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks girlsxoxo

Diyana I hope you feel better hun I had that last year and couldn't eat for a month... :(

xxALICIAxx
08-21-2011, 08:37 PM
What happened to clairebear and weekly updates? :( No one's here anymore!

melni
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm still here! I don't know what happened, though. :(

caramelkitty
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm here too... Hope the girls are doing fine

melni
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Hopefully, everyone is just busy with school starting back up! Today was the first day of classes for me. Looks like it's going to be a busy semester.

diyana
08-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Went back to work today for the first time in nearly two weeks....stupid bronchitis. I managed to lose another pound this despite the steroids, antibiotics and lack of exercise. One more week of rest before the doc will clear me to exercise again as he doesn't want me to relapse...nor do I. So I'm at 224.0. :)

Hope everyone is doing well....sorry I havent been online for awhile.

kurisitaru
08-24-2011, 12:06 AM
School and work and scholarship, and volunteer, and a new organization.
I'm still working out though, just no time for logging on as much as I use to!

iamerican
08-24-2011, 09:55 PM
I hope everyone is good. I have gained a couple which is making me not too happy, but am kicking c25k's butt :)

xxALICIAxx
08-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess we are no longer doing new threads???? I haven't seen Clairebear on here for a few weeks. Hope shes okay. And I hope everyone is still doing good and working hard. :)

I started the HCG diet on Wednesday and I have already lost 6 pounds in 4 days! It's hard staying at 500 calories but it's only for a month so hopefully this month goes by quickly! My husband came home with chinese food and I wanted some SOO badly the whole house smelled delicious! :( But I was good and ate my freshly steamed brocoli and grilled chicken! lol.

Here is a picture of me from Thanksgiving 2010 / & Of me now.. -40lbs.

caramelkitty
08-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Omg honey you look amazing!!!! Keep it up!!! What is HCG!?

xxALICIAxx
08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
It is liquid drops that you take along with a 500 calorie diet.. instead of your metabolism slowing down like it normally would if you only ate 500 calories and you would probably end up gaining weight.. With the drops it keeps your metabolism up so you lose weight instead of gaining weight.

caramelkitty
08-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh that's awesome... How does one get that? I have 20 to go and 2 months til my vacation that would be fantastic lol.. How are you doin

xxALICIAxx
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
I lost 9lbs in 1 week! It's veryy hard because you can only eat certain things. You can look it up online.. I've heard of it before but never wanted to order online but I found someone who live locally that is a sponsor for them so I didnt have to pay shipping. Today I woke up feeling so nauseous though, and today makes exactly 1 week.. But I also started TOM the other day so i am hoping that tom is the reason why.. I am going on a mini vacation on Friday so I decided today I would stop taking it until we were back at home on Tuesday because I know it's going to be so hard to stay on track. And the bad thing is that it says if you cheat while using these drops you will gain double what you normally would.

caramelkitty
08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Id love to lose that quickly but Id rather not risk gaining twice as much.
You're doing great though honey, only 18 lb to go!!!!

I have 20 to make it to 145 but I think I may push to 140 when I lose the next 5-10 lb we'll see how I feel. Im sad that I wont make my goal for my birthday, but I know at least I'll look freaking better than I ever thought I did, and by my vacation in Cancun in November, I'll be a sex bomb! LOL

Look @ my progress pics (i put a link in my signature) if ur curious to see where im at now :) xoxox good luck honey and 9lb in a week, im EXTREMELY JEALOUS!!

xxALICIAxx
08-31-2011, 11:28 PM
You look amazinggg girl! :hug: I love progress pictures!! I wish I would of taken better ones of when I was bigger but I obviously stayed awayyy from the camera! lol

Ughh & Don't be jealous .. it's so hard :( Plus I am soo nervous that once I stop taking it, all the weight is going to come back. Hopefully not.

xxALICIAxx
08-31-2011, 11:34 PM
10 more pounds and I will finally be considered NORMAL and not OVERWEIGHT ... :carrot: :carrot: well according to those online bmi charts lol

melni
09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Woot, that's awesome Alicia!

caramelkitty
09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
seriously though I'm worrying about everyone .. is every one okay?

kurisitaru
09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes, I'm alive. I felt this thread was abandoned. T.T

Congrats for anyone still working towards their September goals. I'm certainly still working towards goals, but school has all ready started for me. Part of the reason why I'm so scarce these days.