100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff......August 2011

DixC Chix
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)

DixC Chix
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
OMG - Its August!!?? But...but it was just April, wasn't it? I better get started on my Christmas shopping! ;)

Lost 3.5 - I still average 1 pound a week since 3/2010 and 1/2011.

B1: coffee, yogurt
B2: hb eggs, grapes
L: WW wraps with chicken breast and shredded carrot
S: Fiber bar
D: sauted onion, carrots, zucchini, pork chop
E: yoga, gonna try salsa class at the gym (kinda similar to zumba, same instructor)

jab - Gosh, good to see you! I hope you're doing okay.

jltcmom - Glad you decided to come back and post. Congrats on being a non-smoker! I hear ya on the carb watch. I prefer a higher protein diet myself (if you can't tell from my menus).

mj - Congrats on your loss - you smoked the 180's! And I'm with you - Harry Potter is not my thing either...neither was the Twilight series.

penguin - I did watch some youtube stuff for zumba steps and they broke down the easy steps nicely. I just can't remember the routines :dizzy: That why I stand in the back row! :o

lottie - Some days work can be like going to the gym, eh?

mj5
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
DixC Chix--thanks for starting us off for August! Seriously...how in the world did it become August already???? Nope, I didn't get into twilight either.

Oh my goodness...the funniest thing happened at the gym tonight! I was up in the air on the asst pull up machine. I was hot, sweaty, feeling gross but good at the same time...the song Sexy B**ch came on my iPod and I started to laugh. I was feeling anything but sexy...A piece of advice...don't EVER laugh when you are on this machine, no matter what song comes on! I was holding on for dear life, laughing to myself...yep, I must have been quite a sight to see ;)

DixC Chix
08-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Salsa dancing was fun and a lot like Zumba (but with more hip swinging!). In fact she played a couple of zumba songs and there were a few familiar steps - just what I was hoping for! Gonna add that to my weekly exercise classes.

B2: hb eggs, pumpkin
L: WW wraps with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, plums
D: sauted onion, carrots, zucchini, pork chop
E: bodypump, zumba

lottie63
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
So last night bf came home and said he wanted to go to our fave restaurant. I always get fried tofu there, and I"m on a kick of no fried food so I said I'd rather not.

but then...

He gave me the good news! He got the promotion and he is now sous chef. Excitement! :D

So, to celebrate we went ahead and went. BUT, I didn't get fried tofu. I got a shell/chipless taco salad with nothing on it but lettuce, black beans andd jalapenos with some hot sauce.

I might just get that there for now on.

Also we watched the documentary about juice fasting, fat, sick, and nearly dead and we were so inspired. We're going to try a 10 day juice fast starting tomorrow.

mj5
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone!

DixC Chix--Salsa dancing sounds like SO much fun!

lottie--CONGRATS to the bf!!! That is fantastic! Great job at the restaurant last night!!!

Tonight is my "rest" night...so I am cleaning out my closet and dressers. VERY excited to do that.

Have a great day everyone!

TXMary2
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I am joining in.

Yesterday: 1408 calories

B: Cottage Cheese - Lowfat 213grams
S: 11 almonds
L:Veggies sauteed in 1/2 tblspn evoo, garlic and sea salt
1 cup brown rice
D: Salad- romaine lettuce, roma tomato, red oninon, bacon bits and Bruschetta Italian dressing 2 tblspns
S: Banana and 3 Slim Jims- snack while running errands
Dessert: 2 servings of diet coke cake with sugar free cool whip

mj5
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Welcome TXMary!

patchworkpenguin
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Aug 2
B= milk vits
L= Brat, cheese slice, salad
S= Choc chips {TOM related, but not a good excuse...}
S= peach
D= homemade veggie soup, bread/butter
S= apple w PB
E= 20min cardio/weights with Leslie

At least I felt better today and didn't sleep all day. I'm snuffly so I think that was allergy related.

Mary, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Chix, salsa dancing is about the only dance related workout I can do without falling on my face. Fun stuff!

Lottie, congratulations to your guy! Wonderful news. Wait...he didn't cook you a gourmet meal to celebrate!?!?! :D His food is proabably better anyway.

MJ, everyone else was wondering what is so funny about chin ups??

DixC Chix
08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
lottie - Congrats for BF's promotion!!! Sous chef is quite the accomplishment! I hope to see him on the Food Network soon!!!

TXMary2 - Welcome and How're ya??!!

mj - Kiss those baggy clothes Goodbye!!!

penguin - Maybe the napping is related to TOM, too?

Bodypump and Zumba was good! I feel like I am getting a little muscle.

B: coffee, yogurt
L: WW wraps with lc cheese, bell pepper, shredded carrot, plums
D: crockpot chicken, carrots, cottage cheese, grapes
E: 6 hrs of gardening

mj5
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Good Morning everyone! I had an NSV yesterday...I wore a dress to work. Probably the first time ever. I bought it at Kohl's on clearance and w/ "Kohl's cash" so it was only $10! It is really cute! I never used to wear dresses, honestly, because my tukus was SO much bigger that they always hung uneven at the bottem...not a cute look, that's for sure! I will definitely be buying more skirts or dresses now!

patchworkpenguin--YEA for feeling better! I know my allergies are horrible this year...I'm sure they were wondering, LOL!

DixC Chix--AWESOME workout! And today...6 hours of gardening??? Wow. You are definitely getting muscles! Thanks! It was harder than I thought...I actually had to "let go" of my first few cute workout clothes purchases...they are gone, now, but I did contemplate keeping them. They are much too big to wear, of course. So, I kept asking myself..."would Laurie (zumba instructor) say they are too big?" She is ALWAYS telling me this or that is too big and to get rid of it, lol! It helped. I told her on Facebook last night and her response was "if you have to even ask yourself the question, then the answer is YES"

lottie63
08-03-2011, 11:15 AM
mj, congrats on the nsv. ;)

Thanks to everyone for the congrats! We are very excited. :) He has worked there as a supervisor for a long time.

Anyhow, today is Day 1 of the juice fast bf and I are doing. I will keep you guys updated on how it goes. We are off to buy fruits and veggies right now. Tah!

lottie63
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Day one of the juice fast and so far so good!

patchworkpenguin
08-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Aug 3
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Acre's Chicken Gallentine, 1/2 piece bread with smear butter
S= peach
D= homemade baked pork chops, Ger Pot Salad, green beans
S= 2 PB cookies, 3 c milk
E= 10 min cardio. I started a DVD but it was just too stinking hot!

Sis leaves tomorrow so we are going out to eat before we go to the airport.

mj5
08-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Good Morning! I am awake waaaaay to early today....could be a long day!

lottie--good luck with the juice fast!

patchworkpenguin--have a great time w/ your sis before she goes back.

Oh my goodness...my strength training workout kicked my booty last night! I honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to finish the 3rd circuit. But, I changed the music on my iPod and finished strong. I posted that on Facebook and my trainer made some awesome comments. So glad I have him!!!

Tonight is Zumba, which will be awesome! I am actually going to wear my new Zumba tank top to class. YIKES! Our instructor had some made for her studio, they are super cute, but I have NEVER worn a tank to workout in before. My instructor has been 'after' me to wear it ever since they came in. So....tonight is the night!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing? I've been thinking about you.....

DixC Chix
08-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Good Morning!

B2: hb egg, pumpkin
L: WW tortilla wrap with lc cheese, bell pepper, shredded carrot, grapes
D: chicken breast, from the garden fresh green beans, carrots, grapes
E: bodypump

I have errands and chores today along with chauffeuring sis from work (1/2 day) to home.

mj - Congrats on the dress!!! Loss in the tukus??!! Good reminder to toss droopy draw underwear. :o

lottie - Glad you are enjoying the juicing. Do you have any favorite blends or recipes?

penguin - Hope you enjoyed visit from sis. I hear ya on the heat when working out.

lottie63
08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
dixc: I like pineapple kale the best. but I just made this one, "everything but the kitchen sink" it had carrots, red peppers, broccoli, cucumber, kale, and apples that I really liked.

patchworkpenguin
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Aug 4
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 1/2 slice buttered bread, 1/2 Orchetta Pasta w chicken
D= Salad, 2 slices sausage pizza
S= handful choc chips
S= apple w PB
E= too hot!

I'm having my second eye surgery tomorrow! I'm excited to be able to see better. I didn't realize how bad my vision had gotten again since my cataract surgery until the blurry film was removed!

lottie63
08-05-2011, 08:22 AM
patchwork, good luck with the surgery!

Today is day 3 of the juice fast and the morning of the fast I had bumped up to 228, I am now down 4 lbs.

Woooo!

mj5
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Good Morning! So, my second NSV of the week....I work my new Zumba tank top to class last night (with only a sports bra under neath, lol). I was a little self conscious at first, but I must say, I think I worked a little harder last night :) Of course, it helped that 1.) our instructor was recording video for youtube (I really tried to stay out of the line of the camera...not quite ready for that, lol!) but as a result the class was HIGH energy and 2.) when I walked into class my instructor came running across the room full speed ahead and hugged me for being brave and wearing it :) I love her.

patchworkpenguin--Good luck with your surgery!!!

rakel--how are you doing?

lottie--go you!!! I give you a lot of credit, not sure I could stick with a juice fast for so long.

We *should* be able to put the car on the road on Monday. Fingers and toes crossed!!!!! I can't wait to have 2 cars again....my dh is being absolutely fantastic since I have our only car most of the time, but it is growing old for both of us!!!

Last night I received my Under Armour clearance / outlet order. Awesome shirts! I like these because they are "V" neck and a little longer...perfect for weight lifting...so I don't feel like my tummy is sticking out, lol!!!

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
L: WW chicken wrap with shredded carrot, spinach, grapes
D: flatbread pizza with mushrooms, bell pepper, cheese
E: water aerobics, zumba

I am going shopping for something to wear to the ballet next Fri. And I am going to Best Buy for a new laptop. I am also going to prep cukes and onions for pickling tomorrow - Sunshine (bread and butter) Pickles are kinda sweet and sour but have to soak in salt water overnight.

penguin - I hope your surgery has gone well and you enjoy clear vision now!

lottie - sounds like the juicing is working for you - Yay!

mj - I hope your car acquisition goes smooth and you & dh are each behind the wheel very soon!!! You go girl with your zumba tank top!!

patchworkpenguin
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Wanted to update that the Dr fixed my eye. Its sore and dialated but doing good!

Beverlyjoy
08-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi friends... I am trying again. I am not dealing with health stress well... but, yesterday was an OP day. I am grateful. I am so, so glad to see my accountability buddies doing well! Love it.

I never totally run away.... I always post my gratitudes ... so I stay connected.

lottie63
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
patchwork, good to hear it went well

dixc: you getting that acer? is it still a good deal?

beverly, congrats on your on plan day. one day at a time!

Today I woke up, day 4, and am down 6 lbs.

:D

patchworkpenguin
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm getting a haircut today. I've been letting the pixie grow out so now my hair is a tad past my shoulders, but its shaggy and unkept looking. I'm sure Angie can fix me!

I've been walking around without my glasses for part of the morning and didn't realize I didn't have them on! I can't believe all the detail I can see and the bright colors that I thought were much dimmer!

DixC Chix
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Successful shopping trip - I found a swing skirt in my fav periwinkle blue, lavendar and green colors in a lightweight polyester fabric (skirt is lined) on sale - $15. I already have a top to go with it.

I did get a new laptop but they didn't have any more Acers in stock :yikes: when I got there at 10:20 a.m. (store opened at 10) so I got a Toshiba for $329, stood in line for 1 hour and all said and done cost $499.99 (no tax). I am okay with my second choice as I had researched my backup just in case. I'll take my old and new back in next week for the data exchange.

I made stuffed peppers with my own home grown peppers - yum!! I also made two batches of sunshine pickles and will prep for at least 2 dill pickle batches tomorrow. Then I just may have clear kitchen counters again.

After a quick shower I'm heading down to my neighbor's with some nice cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, cukes and jar of pickles. (Mr. is battling leukemia and Mrs. got fired from her job for taking off too much time for his treatments and therapy. She's suing as she should.

B: coffee, hb egg, pumpkin
L: stuffed pepper, grapes
D: probably another stuffed pepper (they are only 6 WWP+)
E: none (unless working in the kitchen for 4 hours counts)

penguin - So glad to hear eye surgery was a big success!! Yay!!! So what style is the new 'do?

lottie - Wow that juicing fast is working wonders for you.

Beverlyjoy - good to hear from you and glad you are checking in. We miss you over here.

mj - I'll bet you are working on getting that car deal done after your zumba class, of course! ;)

lottie63
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
dixc, glad you still got a decent deal! My bf does my transfers for me, I'm clueless. :P

he's a computer geek.

So my skin is looking great, my ibs-c is not an issue on the juice fast and I feel great! Today is the first day I've had any REAL hunger issues and I know it's because I'm lazy and it's already 5 and I"m only on juice #3. I'm normally on 4 by now. Oh wells. I'm going to have some cherry pineapple for a snack to take with me to poker, and when I get home I'm going to have a cucumber celery juice, with a touch of salt, it's pretty good!

mj5
08-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! AMAZING zumba class this morning!!! I was really tired when I got there...yea, that didn't last long ;)

DixC Chix--Ooh, your skirt sounds pretty! And what a bargain!! Gotta love that! I am seriously thinking about getting us tickets to see the traveling Lion King that will be near us in September.How nice to take care of your neighbor. Ugh...that's terrible. I hope she wins in court. Well, the guy we are buying the car from went camping for the weekend (he had told us about that already). He'll take care of everything tomorrow, then with a little luck, I'll be able to register and car ins on Monday...ugh...just want this over!

patchworkpenguin--So glad to hear your eye is doing well. Hope the pain has gone away... How's the new 'do? Wow...going w/ out glasses, that's awesome!

Beverlyjoy--Oh dear...more health stuff, or more of the same? BIG hugs to you! Oh we know where to find you ;) Great job on a healthy day yesterday!

lottie--you are ROCKING this juice fast. Go you!

Tonight, just chilling w/ hubby. Tomorrow, Zumba then reeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx! Can't wait!

Beverlyjoy
08-07-2011, 06:49 AM
I had another healthy day... I am grateful.

Thanks to all for a nice hello and welcome back.

MJ - nothing new with the health stuff. Ankle/foot and staph infection back and complications with the medicine for the infection. I keep plugging along.

Have a good day everyone.

mj5
08-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Good Morning! Ahhh, Sunday...a less hectic day for me...just Zumba, then relaxing w/ dh and the sweet beagle sisters. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Beverlyjoy--BIG hugs to you. Geez Louise...you just can't catch a break....YEA for another healthy day.

I don't know if I have talked about it here much, but I have been talking to a friend of mine on Facebook who is a massage therapist specializing in chronic pain (I had NO idea that's what he did until recently....unfortunately, he lives out of state, or I would just go to him, LOL!). Anyway...my knee has been doing good, but I have been having some issues w/ my foot (plantar fasciitis). I am going to try some massage to address it. With the massages I have gotten lately, it has made a big difference, so he has been giving me some pointers (what to ask for, etc). I am really excited about this because my podiatrist has suggested surgery at some point in the future, which I am not on board with....the recovery sounds horrid. And, besides...with all of the weight lifting I am doing, the massages feel fantastic anyway!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

lottie63
08-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I work today, they have hinted they want me to come in early, they assume that the girl scheduled is not going to show up since she never does. :(

Here's to hoping she gets her s#it together and comes in.

I lost another lb, so I'm now down 7 lbs in 5 days.

:)

patchworkpenguin
08-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I bought a new purse today at Ross! It was about $10 more than I wanted to spend and by some designer I’ve never heard of, but worth it. I has two compartments seperated by a zippered pocket so I can have “purse’ on one side and knitting on the other. Then our truck broke down in from of an auto parts store so I was happy to have knitting with me while Hubby changed the battery. I sat on the floor of Auto Zone and knitted on a baby blanket for 30min while Hubby troubleshot the truck. Then later I knit in Red Robin while we waited for our food and Hubby played with his phone.

Eating has been okay this weekend but not great.

mj5
08-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Good Morning! Hard to believe it is Monday already...

lottie--great job on your juice fast! Hope you didn't have to go in early...

patchworkpenguin--your new purse sounds really nice! I am going to splurge on a new Coach purse closer to the fall. I have been staying out of the store at the outlet mall on purpose so I won't be tempted, lol! (they have awesome sales and then 30% coupons...still expensive, but well....I'm worth it, right???)

I lost 3lbs last week. I am very excited by that. I went to zumba and then had a rest day yesterday. I soooooooo needed that!

Beverlyjoy
08-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi friends... I had a healthy day yesterday. I am grateful. That's three days! I've decided to log my food into the sparkpeople food Food Tracker. I need to 'switch it up' to get a fresh start.

Have a great day.

lottie63
08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
I hate mondays. I'm at work alone until 3. blah.

day 6 of the juice fast and it's now downright easy.

Beverlyjoy
08-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi friends... yesterday was day three of food sanity. I am so grateful. Today I will: plan/measure/log food, drink lots of water, do my stretches etc., leave a bite on my plate, take notice of sodium in food & do some journalling.

Dealing with that bacterial infection... that makes big raised red spots appear. They are going away.

I hope you all have a good day!

DixC Chix
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello Monday! Maybe I'm crazy but I'm excited to get the week started. I'm thinking its because I get to work hard at the gym. Today is yoga and salsa dancing! I have had my two fav zumba songs going thru my head all weekend!

I finished up the pickling yesterday with 7 quarts of short brine spicy dill spears. Phew!!! I'm not putting the equipment away just yet. I am going to harvest the smaller cukes this week and pickle them whole in some 2 quart jars I have.

lottie - It sounds like the juicing is really having a positive effect on you. Thats so great!! Why, oh why is there always a co-worker that doesn't pull there own weight!!??!!

mj - I'm keeping my fingers are crossed for your car transactions to be done today!! I had plantar fasciitis and my dr. said I should stretch my hamstrings when I get out of bed and throughout the day. Also to take Aleve 2xday for 2-4weeks. That really helped and eventually remove all signs of it. No problems since. Massage sounds good too. Massage always sounds good!

Beverlyjoy - Sorry you are feeling poorly but Yay! for 3 healthy days in a row - I think that constitutes a streak!!

penguin - Wow!! You can knit just about anywhere! You must have rocked out that baby blanket in no time!! I'm with you on sectional purses - love 'em!

mj5
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
lottie--like I said..you are just rockin it!

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME! I think tracking your food on sparkpeople is a great idea

DixC Chix--Sounds like an awesome day...yoga and salsa dancing! We do this super fun (and fast) cross step salsa at Zumba! I LOVE it!! I have some of my favorite Zumba songs on my ipod...including our "leg workout song"...not exactly a favorite song, but it always reminds me I can do anything! Well...the car stuff would have happened...I'll explain down below...

So, today was truely craptastic....I was getting ready for work and started to have this INTENSE sharp pain in my left side. I was sweating horribly. Scared my poor hubby to death. He took me to the ER where we spent the next 6 hours trying to get the pain under control and running tests. It turns out, I had an ovarian cyst burst. That was seriously the worst pain I have ever felt before EVER (never had that happen before). It took a couple of different pain meds to get it under control, but once they did I felt sooooo much better. They gave me a prescription for the oral version of the pain med that finally worked. I have to rest today and tomorrow (heck of a way to get two days off from work, lol!!!). So...once we came home, hubby did what he could to get the car stuff rolling. If I feel up to it (and only if), I will run in to DMV tomorrow....he goes to work later in the day, so he can actually drive me...I have to do it because the car is in my name...so we'll see............I just want to put an end to this so we have two cars again, but if I'm not up to it, it will wait one more day.

lottie63
08-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, today was good, for a monday ;)

btw, 6 days, 8 pounds down.

Wooooo!

I AM rockin' it. wow. *pats self on back* haha!

patchworkpenguin
08-08-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.tylerrodan.com/products/maltese/maltese_tote_white?back=1878 This is my purse only its black. It came with a matching umbrella! How cute is that! I probably only buy one purse every few years. This one is huge compared to my old purse but only weighs 1lb more. {yes, I weigh my purses at the groc store!}. But I often carry two bags around, one my purse, then the other knitting bag. This one cost around $40.

I'm cleaning house today. Now that I can see everything better the house looks yucky. I'm not the best housekeeper in the first place but now I can see the spiderwebs and dust!

MJ. hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Lottie, good job!

Chix, very impressed at all your canning.

patchworkpenguin
08-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Aug 8
B= 2 c milk vits
L= 1/2 RR cheeseburger
S= 1 multi grain pancake with syrup
D= salad, 1/2 turkey sand
S= cereal
E= cleaning/dusting?

Beverlyjoy
08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi friends.. another healthy day... I am so, so grateful. I am starting to get the hang of the the sparkpeople food tracker.

I have had some yahoos!: plan/measure/log foods, lots of water, leave a bite, weighed, and did my stretches & strengthening. A few days ago I started to track my food in Sparkpeople. I just needed to 'change it up' to make it seem fresh. They have improved the system (I've been told) They must have because it's alot easier than when I tried it a couple years ago and was too frustrated to continue.

I had visitted my GS for 8 days. It was great fun. Glad to be home, too.

Tonight I am invited to my neighbor's for pizza tonight. I will bring a salad and my own Pizza Lean Pocket. I am going to say I am watching my salt, etc. Somehow, I don't have it in my at the moment to say I am once again trying to have food sanity and healthful eating and weight loss.

Have a great day.

DixC Chix
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
mj - Oh, MJ!!! My sympathies for you. I ruptured an Ov cyst in H.S. Very painful. Take it verrrrry easy.

lottie - keep on keepin' on!!

penguin - luv the purse - lots of pockets and nice detailing. Absolutely cleaning counts!

Beverlyjoy - so good to hear the positivity in your post!! You're doing great!

L: WW bread, cheese, miracle whip, spinach, HOMEGROWN tomatoes!!, mango
D: something with zucchini...again
E: bodypump, zumba

I guess my fat is shifting - took measurements and lost inches all over the place - Yay! I need a new bra(s); according to the tape measure I need a 38H??? In what store do I find that size??? Got an early B-day card with $$ so I am going to LB's and Avenue to see if they have any bras in that size.

Have a great Tuesday!!

mj5
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone! I rested today like I was supposed to. It will be SO good to get back to normal tomorrow! DH was able to get the car on the road today, so YEA! We are back to two cars again!!! That will make life much easier!

mj5
08-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Good Morning!!! Ahh, what a difference a couple of days makes! I rested (and did go to Zumba last night...I just felt so icky from sitting around, I needed to do something active...my instructor knew what was going on, so she kept an eye on me ;) LOVE her!)

patchworkpenguin--your new purse is SO cute!!! That's great that you can have your knitting with you!

DixC Chix--Yes, I do lots of stretching for my plantar fascitiis. It has gotten better, but, I have found that combo of massage and stretching works the best. And you are exactly right...a massage is always a good thing! YEA for the loss in inches!!!! Great feeling isn't it????

Beverlyjoy--How is it going on sparkpeople? I still track on the daily plate...I haven't tried spark people. Great plan for pizza at your neighbors last night!!!! It is so wonderful to hear you so positive.

lottie--you are doing fantastic!

I cannot wait to get back to the gym tonight. I will ease into it and see how I do. I have new weight lifting gloves and I cannot wait to try them out!

OH! Now that we have two cars again, I will be able to check out the kick boxing classes I purchased. I will wait until I know I am completely "recovered" before I set up the 1:1 training session, though. (It was a package deal that comes w/ gloves, 1:1 training session, and 3 kickboxing classes all for $30!) I am very excited to give it a try. Unfortunately, the classes are a bit of a drive (which is why I had to wait) so probably not something I would continue regularly, but definitely something different to throw in every once in a while.

I am also going to get dh's car detailed....I think I mentioned he is going to drive the older car we just picked up and I will drive his car. Well, he doesn't keep his car terribly clean...it isn't gross or anything, but it is definitely a "guys" car. I will call this morning and get an appt...there is a place we use for work that does an awesome job. Then it will go in for an oil change and tune up and *hopefully* we wil be done with car stuff for a while.....it will be really nice not to have any car payments, that's for sure!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy
08-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi friends! I got through another healthy day... I am very grateful. I took my Lean Pocket Pizzzastyle to the neighborhood gathering and a salad. I am grateful for the willingness to bring my own. I accomplished many of my goals: planned/measured/logged food, lots of water, stretches & strengthening, slowed down eating (most of the time), ate seated most of the time, and showed a willingness to try.

My husband had a bag of sour lemon hard candies. After I ate a couple I took the rest of the candy, doused it with liquid dish soap, and threw it away. Better in the trash than me.

I've lost five pounds since last Friday. I am very certain that a good part of it is water weight... but, I am happy/grateful to see the scale go down!

MJ - Apparently sparkpeople improved their food tracker. It must be true, because I've tried it before and found it too frustrating - but, not it's going much better. I LOVE seeing your enthusiasm is still right there, your WL is moving along and still loving the gym. We have been WL friends for a long time... and I am thrilled for you!

DixC - LOVE hearing about the inches going down. Good plan.

Penguin - good plan! Yes! - a clean tidy house always feels good. I am a messy person and always like it when I tidy up.

LOttie - WOW! Congrats on your wonderful WL - carry on.

Today I will again concentrate on slow, mindful eating (fork down between bites) and only eating while seated.

Have a great day, friends.

patchworkpenguin
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Going to lunch with Mom and Dad today. Randomly cleaning things and laundry for the rest of the day, with knitting intervals. Possibly a Firm in there too!

Beverly, good job on the 5 lb loss!

MJ, glad you got the car! Kickboxing can be a lot of fun!

mj5
08-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Beverlyjoy--CONGRATS on the 5lbs down!!! that is fantastic! Hey, 5lbs is 5lbs in my book!!! Thanks. I finally found the right combination of things that work. I was talking to my Wellness Coach last night and he told me that he can tell how much my energy level has increased and that I just sound SO happy and excited about everything I am doing. I've realized that my workout need to be challenging and fun...thanks to my trainer and Zumba, that's no longer an issue!

patchworkpenguin--sounds like a great day! Enjoy lunch!

Ugh...sometimes I hate being a manager....have to deal with some personnel issues this afternoon. Never a fun time...but, it has to be done.

I called my drs office, like the ER doctor said to and they do want me to come in for a follow up appt next week. I was hoping to avoid that, but whatever, that's fine.

Can't wait to get to the gym this afternoon!!!

DixC Chix
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
B: coffee, yogurt
L: WW wraps with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, grapes
D: crockpot chicken leg, carrots, homegrown green beans, cottage cheese, mango
E: 4 1/2 hours of gardening

No luck with finding a bra that fits. I think 80% of women wear the wrong size bra because the retailers don't carry our right size and we have to make do.

mj - halleluia!!! for getting the car situation resolved.

Beverlyjoy - Congrats on the 5#!! That's terrific! Good job on the lemon drops, too.

penguin - Hope lunch with the folks was wonderful.

lottie63
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
dixc, have you been measured?

mj5
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
DixC Chix--That stinks about the bra situation...I think you are exactly right, however. I do know I need to measure and figure out if I am wearing even close to the right size...I think I have to do my measurements soon for my trainer anyway.

patchworkpenguin
08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Aug 10
B= 2 c milk vits
L= chicken, pasta, veggies with vodka/tom sauce {really good!]
D= salad, PBJ
S= peanuts + choc chips
S= apple.
E= 45 min cardio weights

mj5
08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Ahhh, I feel SO much better...gym workout was amazing last night AND the 8lbs of iv fluids from Monday are GONE! Phew! I felt SO icky and bloated!!!

Today my car is getting detailed. I just dropped it off. I am SUPER excited. I can't wait. I am told it will look brand new again. I will settle for sparkly clean :)

Zumba tonight. Can't wait!!! My 13 y/o niece is coming with me. That will be fun.

Beverlyjoy
08-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I stayed with my plan yesterday... I am grateful. My friend, Sally, asked me if I wanted to go to dinner at Bravo (at 8:30 pm) and see "The Help", movie after. at 11pm. It was with her book club and their friends. Nineteen women went to see the movie. It was great fun. The movie is a must see. Food wise, I did just fine.. and I am grateful. At 6pm I had a big lettuce salad with some 2% cheese, crutons made from light ww bread and some vinegar and oil. At dinner - 9pm by the time we ate, I had a small chopped salad with grilled salmon. The whole day was still around 1300 calories. Wow... it's amazing what a person can do around food when they decide they just will make the right choices. Most of my life, I make unhealthful choices around food. Somehow - yesterday worked out fine and I am feeling good about it.

Also - I planned and tracked my food, drank lots of water, wrote down my food, left a bite, ate much slower, didn't eat one bite while standing, weighed myself, and did a few stretches.

I am planning for a healthy day.

Mj - so glad you are feeling better! I am thrilled for you, that you have found a good combination of food/exercise that feels so good. Yay!! Yes.. being in charge is a mixed blessing.

penguin - hmm... tomato vodka sauce sounds good. Knitting keeps those fingers from food!!

dixcchx - good menu! Bra buying... it's tough. Some of the bigger stores or longeree sp?? stores have folks that can fit you.

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
08-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Has anyone noticed that it is staying darker longer in the mornings???

It was overcast (yay!) this morning and I overslept...a lot!! I know I was tired from yesterday's gardening but really 1 1/2 hours more??? Needless to say, I missed bodypump class. :( And woke up with a stiff neck - I guess I slept too hard!! On the up side, I hard boiled a dozen eggs, got my laundry started, the garbage to the curb and the veggies harvested from the garden. Soon, I leave for mani/pedi appt and then go to KMart for wrapping paper for a baby gift for tomorrow's lunchtime shower. Then on to the church for a homeless ministry meeting (distribution is this weekend). Then to the market for fruit for the distribution. Phfew!!

lottie - I entered my measurements into a variety of website fitting guides. I'd like to get my girls up to a point half way between my elbow and shoulder. There is a store in my neighborhood called "Hate Your Bra?" I have an appt today at 12:30

Beverlyjoy - your movie date meals sound great and good for you to plan that out. I am going to see The Help this Sunday afternoon. Glad it a got a good review.

mj - I still have those songs in my head - VETE!! Dance the night away!!

Have a great day!!!

patchworkpenguin
08-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Aug 11
B= 2 cups milk, vits
L= opps~ got busy online and skipped it
D= meatloaf, rosemary cheese potatoes, steamed broc
S= peanuts and choc chips
E= none but I did re-arrange my yarn stash taking pictures and posting them online!

I was really hungry at dinner and kept nibbling at the potatoes, then polished off the rest of the broc as I was putting everything away. I didn't realize I had skipped lunch until after dinner.

DixC Chix
08-12-2011, 09:09 AM
b1: coffee, yogurt
b2: hb egg, pumpkin
l: baby shower - cobb salad, center cut cake piece
d: restaurant before ballet - 4 oz meatballs in marinara sauce, vegetable medley, fresh fruit, wine slushy
e: water aerobics

Bra fitting went well and many mysteries explained. In the style I picked I ended up with a 40F --- rib measurement was 36" :) above boobage 43, across boobage 48. New bra feels good - the girls are where they should be!! I think I have to get used to the tighter fit of the band. She said every bra style even if the same manufacturer has its own sizing. Therefore select one style and take a couple of band sizes with a variety of cup sizes (i.e., 38DD, 38DDD, 40D, 40DD) into the fitting room. In a different style, I was a 40 HHI (??? :dizzy: ) but it made the girls look like torpedos!

Have a fabulous Friday!

mj5
08-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Good Morning! Oh my goodness...I am sore today! LOL! It's all muscular, so nothing to worry about. I actually can't wait to get to the gym, that will help work out some of the soreness.

Beverlyjoy--you did AMAZING yesterday!!!! You are exactly right, you can do amazing things when you decide to make the right choices. Glad you liked the movie. We may see it tomorrow.

DixC Chix--Well, must be you needed some extra sleep yesterday! How was the mani/pedi? I need to schedule one of those soon! I have been so busy I just haven't gotten around to it. YEA for a great bra fitting! I need to do that soon!!

patchworkpenguin--no wonder you were hungry!!!

I heard back from my trainer and I have to send him pics and measurements on Tuesday. Wow. It feels like I JUST did them...oh well. That's when he wants them...he did say he likes them a few days early so he has time to review them before working on my next workout.

Have a great day!!!

Trazey34
08-12-2011, 10:04 AM
ok i edited this LOL didn't turn out quite the way i'd planned after all ;)

beaka
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Ladies! I've been looking for a thread where people post daily for accountability but isn't necessarily a challenge. Can I jump in here? :)

Beverlyjoy
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi friends...

Today I am grateful for willingness to try yesterday. I did log everything I ate, and stay within my calorie range, did my stretches & strengthening, left a bite. did not eat standing (accept once), put my food in the tracker and more. My food took some twists and turns during the day... but, it turned out OK

Tomorrow my plant swap friends are gifting me a few hours in the gardens to dig up and thin out the plants. The selfseeders and aggressive plants have taken over. How kind they are. DH and I will have a BBQ for them too. I am grateful for their kindness. I've planned for a healthy lunch.

I need to take my mom to some appointments. Gotta run.

Beaka WELCOME Please feel free to join in. It's no contest in this thread.

Have a healthy day.

mj5
08-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Trazey--10 days in France, how fantastic!!! AND only up 2lbs! You totally ROCK!

beaka--Jump on in! No challenges here, well...listening/reading me ramble on and and on...can be a challenge sometimes, LOL! Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--What awesome friends you have! You continue to do great, keep it up my friend!!

patchworkpenguin
08-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Aug 12
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= peach, salad, biscuit w jelly
D= homemade pizza
S= choc ice cream
E= 40min cardio/weights

Trazey and Beaka, welcome glad to have you join us.

lottie63
08-13-2011, 07:54 AM
beaka, welcome!

DixC Chix
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
beaka - Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS on getting to Onederland!!!!

Trazey - Hello!

mj - Remember to post pix for us too!

Beverlyjoy - What a great circle of friends - them helping you, you BBQing for them!!

Yesterday went a little sideways - shower did not have cake (Yay!). I had a better salad - mixed greens with corn, black beans, chicken breast, and the most FABULOUS citrus vinaigrette dressing!!! I wanted to like the plate!!!!

For dinner, friend did not make reservations and the place was extra busy since they were having a wine festival so my planned dinner went out the window. Instead we went to a local mex restaurant and I had green chile vegetarian enchiladas, beans, and lettuce/tomato. The ballet was nice although one of the numbers was an interpretive dance (too much angst and discord for my taste).

Today is the Homeless Ministry distribution. Yesterday, I prepped 100 fruit bags (watermelon and grapes) and 80 pickles. I'll get back in time for a quick lunch and then pick up sis from her mani/pedi and head out to her house for a dip in the pool and dinner of BLT's. I plan to have three slice of bacon spread over 2 sandwiches with lots of HOMEGROWN tomato slices.

I had to pull the zucchini plants as they now have a squash bug problem. I found out the Fairytale pumpkins are sterile so I pulled them too. No sense watering for nothing.

B: coffee yogurt, hb egg, mango
L: WW wrap with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, grapes
D: BLT's, 1/2 c ice cream
E: pool time

Have a great day, everyone!!!

beaka
08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks, everyone! I became a part of this thread just in time! Today wasn't a good day foodwise, and I ate a lot more than usual. I was at a retreat today at a campsite where lunch was served late, so I was STARVING by then. Plus, I get really hungry when I'm starting TOM which will probably be tomorrow.

B: grits, 4 turkey sausage links, grapes
L: 2 small chicken thighs, turkey burger, 1 serving of Pringles
D: Leftover fried rice- I make it healthy with brown rice, lots of veggies, and chicken breast, 130 cal pack of Nutter Butter bites

And I'm pretty sure I'll actually eat something else later. Gonna try to get a workout DVD in to cancel some of this out and do better tomorrow. This is my first off day in the past couple of weeks. I'm totally blaming it on the retreat and TOM. :p But unlike the usual, I'm getting right back on track.

mj5
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi everyone!

DixC Chix--Busy, busy, busy!!! Yep, I will post pics as soon as I get them!

beaka--Good for you for getting right back on track. Did you get your workout in?

Oh my goodness, today was busy, but a fantastic day! I was up waaaaay too early, but I decided to stay up and be productive...I cleaned, prepped food for the week, and paid bills. Then it was time for the FUN part of Saturday! Zumba, coffee with bff, a little shopping where I tried on (honestly...just to see how close they would come to fitting!) a size 10 pair of jeans....and they fit! I then tried on several other size 10's...just to make sure they weren't marked wrong, lol! guess I just couldn't get it through my head that *I* could be wearing a size 10! Then it was time for my massage, and hubby and I went to a movie (where I wore my new size 10 jeans!). Tomorrow is Zumba, then a relaxing day!!!

patchworkpenguin
08-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Aug 13
b= 2 c milk, vits, pamprin, and leftovercheese potatos
S= cheese and triscuits
L= Pei Wei 1/2 Teryaki bowl {chicken brown rice veggies} Ice cream {later}
D= 2 slices bread "pizzas' {sauce, cheese, meatballs}
S= ice cream

Every once in a while I get REALLY bad symptoms of PMS when I ovulate. Yesterday and today were bad. I had a fuse about 1/4" long. I kept dropping things, snapping at poor Hubby and even April. Pamprin did help a little but the choc ice cream worked better. Grr!

In better news, April's leg is doing much better, she's hardly limping at all anymore. Crate rest is helping a lot, but she's getting pretty sick of being in here and when she gets to go outside {leashed} she's practically hyper.

MJ, congrats on the size 10!

Beaka, good job on getting back on track. What kind of workout DVD?

Chix, good for you for getting out there and helping with the ministry. Sorry about the garden woes.

mj5
08-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning! What does every everyone have planned for today? Like most Sundays, just Zumba, then some rest for me. I definitely need it. I am a little sore from my massage yesterday, so rest and lots of water for me!

patchworkpenguin--Awww, hope you are feeling better today. Glad the choc ice cream helped. So glad to hear April is getting better!

Beverlyjoy
08-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi friends... yesterday was a good day! Seven friends and neighbors came over for the 'Garden Thin-out'. Folks came and worked hard helping to get the gardens looking great. Lots of digging & lots of friendship. Of course, we had a grand cookout too. I am so grateful for have wonderful friends who offered to come and help with this project. Some folks filled their car with many starts - I am glad of that, too.

The cookout was: Italian style chicken, my family's favorite brown rice, a platter of multicolored peppers/sliced tomatoes/fresh mozzarella (with a garlicy evoo drizzle on the side), garlic bread, and watermelon. I ate the chicken, rice, veggies, and watermelon. I am grateful for the willingness to plan and eat healthfully.

Today is rest and regular weekend things. Tonight we go to our favorite Chinese Restaurant where I can get my favorite steamed Hong Kong Sea Bass. It is a healthy dinner. It will be a big group of 20 or more.

MJ -go Zumba!!! So glad it's such a fun healthy habit. I am doing a size ten jeans happy dance, friend!!

PWpenguin - I hope you feel better soon. Pamper yourself.

beaka - forgive yourself for the extra eating and carry on with what you've been doing. Hope you got your DVD in.

Dxichx - so glad that you had healthy options in your very busy day! Kudo's for good choices.

Have a great day.

lottie63
08-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Hello ladies! I'm so behind, I see we have some new people posting here, hello to any newbies!

beaka
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Ladies!

I did not get my workout in. :( Yet somehow my weight was 197.4 on the scale this morning. I'll savor it until TOM starts.

Today, I've had a good bit to do, so if I do get a workout in it will be late. When I workout t home I usually do a Jillian Michaels DVD - Ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack. I mostly work out at the gym. MJ, I love going to Zumba! I went Friday night.

Today's been pretty busy. I invited a friend to church and afterward made brunch at my place. Everything turned out really good! it was my first time making a frittata. It was with mushroom and spinach. I also made cheese grits, turkey sausage and strawberry shortcakes. I made the cake part using the cake mix + diet soda method, then added fat free whipped cream and strawberry compote from simmered frozen strawberries. Ladies, I LOVE to cook! Making healthy food that is still good is a lot of fun for me.

I have an event to go to this evening too (it won't involve food) and then I have plans to go buy a friend's house who sells makeup. My weekends usually aren't so busy, but I'll get back to working out tomorrow. I did work out every weekday this past week. I usually don't have 2 days off in a row.

mj5
08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone! Yea! I was able to get some rest time in today! Zumba was awesome. I wore new workout pants in a M!!!!!!!! I kept seeing myself in the mirror and couldn't believe it was me!!

Beverlyjoy--What an awesome day yesterday!! Thanks!

lottie--how have you been doing?

beaka--Hope you get your workout in. Great # on the scale! I LOVE Zumba! I go about 3 times a week. SO much fun!!! mmm, your brunch menu sounds delish!! I love to cook too.

DixC Chix
08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Saturday went as planned food and activity-wise except I did have 2 glasses of white wine. :o I wouldn't normally do that but it was my B-day!! Turned 55. Now I am eligible for the 10% discount at the grocers on the first Wednesday of the month. Yippee!! Today went to church and then met a friend at the cinema for a movie (3D Glee). My first 3D and I was so dizzy in the beginning but got accustomed to it. Then we went to 5 guys for hamburgers where I had a little one loaded with the good stuff (15 WWPP+). We caught up with a bunch of stuff and had some great laughs.

I'm ready to not be so busy. I want to get back to my regular schedule and get a handle on the not so great food selections and my gym classes. I missed zumba on Friday and I really missed it. I feel kinda lazy without the workouts. And I can't let my age catch up with me!!!

beaka - Congrats on the additional weight loss. Your frittata sounds de-lish. I'm salivating at your cheese grits too. Okay, your whole menu has me envious of your friend!!

mj - Congrats on the size 10 jeans and M workout pants!!! That's fantastic! Massages - hurt so good!!!

penguin - I think there's some fine, fine print on the ice cream container that prescribes a serving as needed to counter the affects of a bad TOM. Glad April is healing well. As for garden woes, not really...I'm SO done with fresh zucchini and I have a bunch frozen.

Beverlyjoy - you are really blessed with an abundance of friendships. Tell me more of this Italian style chicken...?

lottie - what's new with you?

jab91864
08-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Just stopping to post a quick hello.

Happy Moanday and I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP!!!

mj5
08-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Good Morning! Wow, what a weekend! Another busy one, but all good stuff!

DixC Chix--HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!! Gotta love a discount! Mmm, 5 guys burgers, yum! Yea, the massages are definitely working, my foot feels SO much better today (much better than when the podiatrist did his thing...) I go back in 2 weeks. I will be interested to see how it helps out my knee, too.

jab--great to see you! You are doing awesome!!!

Tonight is a gym night for me and I can't wait!!!

I lost 4lbs last week. I'm still in shock! LOL! The size 10 jeans totally blew me away....I didn't want to take them off, lol! Honestly, I should have worn them today...I am FREEZING in my office. Luckily my hubby is bringing me a sweatshirt on his way to work.

I'll post my pics and stuff in the next post :)

lottie63
08-15-2011, 08:57 AM
well, my ibs is killing me. it's been over a week since I've gone and almost every day I don't go I gain a lb. this is misery.

mj5
08-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Ok, so in the past 4 weeks, I lost 14lbs and just over 9"! I also went down two clothing sizes (to a 10!!!) My trainers plan to "shake things up a bit" really worked! :)

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/3-17-11and8-14-11front.jpg

3/17/11 and 8/14/11

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/3-17-11and8-14-11side.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/3-16-114-16-11and5-15-11.jpg

3/16/11, 4/16/11, and 5/15/11

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/6-11-117-12-11and8-14-11.jpg

6/11/11, 7/12/11, and 8/14/11

patchworkpenguin
08-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Nothing exciting to report so far today. The CBS Bible study I'm involved in thoughout the school year starts next week and we leaders have their 'workshop' class this Wed to help us get back in the swing of things. I was called and asked if I would mind being a substitute leader this year, which I thought sounded wonderful. I get to be a social butterfly; I'll be part of a regular small group, but will be asked to lead other classes as leaders go out of town or get sick. So I'll get to visit other classes and not have the responsibility of leading my own class each week.

MJ, great pictues! I have to say that last pink shirt looks big on you!

Lottie, hope you feel better soon

Chix, Happy Birthday :hb:

Jab, good to hear from you.

Beaka, sounds like you had a great weekend!

Beverlyjoy
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
MJ - I love these pictures!!! I am so proud of/for you and your accomplishments. YAY

I had my dinner planned at the chinese restaurant and they didn't have any sea bass. I asked the waitress to substitute salmon. She said... no no no. I asked for suggestions for something lite... she kept saying they can control how spicy things are. She did not speak English well and was getting nowhere. I did find a seafood veggie dish with veggies cooked with a wine sauce. Did not really taste very good. Next time I will go in the and ask the chef for what a want!!!!! (or ask the manager) LOL I am still mad about.... and I need to get over it!

I was frustrated and did eat a little extra. Everything was so salty. Today is a new day. I will take my own in advice: You can't change the past or even predict the future... but, I can concentrate on getting through TODAY healthfully. I will drink extra was from all the salt.

Have a healthy and good day!!!!

mj5
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
patchworkpenguin--That's awesome that you will get to sub. Yea, I know....I do have the next size smaller (super clearance deal), but it is a little snug...so, I'll wear this one until I feel comfortable in the next size down. The sad part is....the shirts in the first few pics...yep, they are still in my "workout clothes" drawer...I need to pull them out.

Beverlyjoy--How frustrating! The good news is, you did the best you could. That's all any of us can do. Excellent plan for today. Thank you. I can't wait to get my trainer's feedback. I have been stalking facebook on my phone (I put my pics on my page and he always comments).

lottie--I must have missed your post before. Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon!

beaka
08-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Ladies, I did have a good weekend! I had a wonderful time at the event last night. It was by this group called the Diva Lounge at a local Carol's Daughter store. They had champagne and coconut water. I had some of both! They gave away full size body shea butter smoothies that smell wonderful and some mini hair gloss sprays. I bought a deep conditioning mask for my hair too. It was a great networking opportunity with other women too. I'll be writing about it on my blog tonight.

B:leftover grits, frittata, and turkey sausage
S: raw almonds, 2 plums
L: turkey vegetable soup, brown rice, chicken breast, peas

Planned for later:
D: leftover veggie chili with a little cheese and lowfat sour cream
Pre-gym snack: cottage cheese + whatever I can find
E: session with trainer + 1 hour cardio to make up for weekend foolishness

Dixc: She was super impressed with the meal. I don't think I give off the chef vibe, so people are usually shocked!

MJ: your past 4 weeks are super impressive! Hope I can have a month like you!!!

The friend I had over gave me a HUGE basil plant, so if anyone has good basil recipe ideas, let me know!

DixC Chix
08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
l: WW wraps with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, grapes
d: meatloaf (with shredded zucchini, sweet onion), carrots, raspberries, cottage cheese
e: yoga, water aerobics, salsa dancing

jab - Hey you!! Stop again soon and catch us up with your happenings.

mj - Congrats on the 4# loss! You go girl!! You're melting away!

lottie - Hope you feel better soon.

penguin - substitute leading for Bible study sounds like the perfect situation.

Beverlyjoy - That's so disappointing to not get the sea bass you were planning for. Too bad the substitute didn't measure up either.

beaka - basil??? How 'bout pesto? A little EVOO, garlic, pine nuts, basil, parmesan and a food processor.

patchworkpenguin
08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Aug 15
B= 2 cups milk
L= salad, PBJ sand
S= peach, triscuits
S= cereal
D= 1776's 1/2 Ruben, 1/2 c potato salad
E= 40min boxing

Hubby and I went to 'Date Night' at the shooting range. Range time, ammo, and a two meals at the cafe, 1776, for $40. He was more interested than I was, there's only so much entertainment I can get from blowing holes in a piece of papter, so after I lost interest in shooting, I went to the cafe and watched Hubby shoot, while I knitted on a scarf. The Ruben was actually better than I expected.

Beaka, I agree with the pesto idea, but basil is also really good on pizza and pairs really well with tomatos

DixC Chix
08-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Good Morning All!

l: WW wrap, lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach, peach
d: meatloaf, carrots, cottage cheese, raspberries
e: body pump, zumba

penguin - I had a shooting range date - once. I enjoyed it but it brought out an ugly side of my date.

Have a great day everybody.

beaka
08-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Where do I get pine nuts? :?:

Dixc: You workout quite a bit! Looks like you do all fun stuff!

PatchworkPenguin: Date night at a shooting range sounds like quite the adventure! I'd totally go if I had one nearby!

Oh, and I bought stuff to make a little beef stew. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get that started in the crockpot since I work from home today.

patchworkpenguin
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Bread, laundry, cardio, and a little cleaning today. My shoulders/upper back are sore but I'm not sure if its from the shooting, boxing, or both.

Beaka, Pinenuts are pretty expensive. I watched a cooking show where the chef used pecans as a substitue. or mabye another nut would would like almonds.

Chix, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. People can be weird. :dizzy:

Beverlyjoy
08-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi - yesterday was a challenge but today is much better. I am grateful. Been running around taking my mom to appointments today and one for me. I am checking in to say that I am aiming to be doing much more important food sanity tasks. I went out to eat with my mom and read my advantage card for going out to eat. Yay

mj5
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you had a great day!

beaka--Thanks! I would vote for pesto, too.

DixC Chix--Thanks! How was Zumba? I went to a different class tonight and it was ok...I just like my regular instructor SO much that it's hard for me to really love someone different. Actually, it wasn't as intense of a workout as what I am used to, I think that was my issue...

patchworkpenguin--Date night at the shooting range sounds fun. My dad used to shoot trap and we would go with him. That is fun, but I am SOOO bad at it, LOL! I do know how to re-load shotgun shells, though. Now there's a skill that will get me far, LOL!

Beverlyjoy--GREAT job!!

patchworkpenguin
08-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Aug 16
B=milk, vits
L= Leftover chinese
S= cereal
D- leftover meatloaf, peas and carrots, bread with jam
S= ice cream, 1/2 brownie
E= 30min cardio/weights

Mj, I would be bad at trying to hit a moving target also.

Beverly, I'm familar with the ARC but what's a 'food sanity tasks'? Sounds helpful!

lottie63
08-16-2011, 11:27 PM
OMG!

My blog, Beyond Willpower, has been nominated for Pittsburgh's most valuable blogger awards in the health category! You can vote once a day, plz vote for me, I would really appreciate it!

http://pittsburgh.blogger.cbslocal.com/most-valuable-blogger/vote/health/

patchworkpenguin
08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Today was our Bible study workshop which basically means meetings all day. April was very happy to see me because I normally don't stay gone for more than a few hours at a time!

Lottie, congrats, you got my vote.

mj5
08-17-2011, 09:38 PM
lottie--that is awesome!!! You have my votes too!!!

Oh my goodness...listen to this! I have been sending my update pics to my brother in Afghanistan (Army). I just sent my recent one and this is how he responded:

"Wow....that is crazy. I am showing everyone over here. I thought I was
gonna cry a little when I first saw it. It is awesome. I cant even
imagine how much better and healthier you feel in general. I showed the
fitness guy from the gym here. He wants to put the picture up as
motivation for the people here that do the beginner level spinning and
cross fit classes.

Im really proud of all the progress you made and the work you've done.
Its awesome."

OMG!!!! I don't even know what to say!!! I mean, these are soldiers. And they want to hang up MY pic as a source of motivation. WOW.

beaka
08-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Heeey!!! I haven't forgotten about you ladies! I joined MyFitnessPal and it's been my obsession for the past 24 hours! I did eat a lot today, but I also had quite the workout today. Still dealing with TOM.

B: grits, turkey sausage, 1 egg+whites and peppers, green drink
L: Flatout wrap, spinach, turkey, hummus, peach, 130 cal pack of nilla wafers
D1: Leftover beef stew, .5 cup rice
D2: chicken, miso soup, diet cake
S: grapes
E: 30 min walk, 30 min session with trainer, 45 min on elliptical

Lottie: Voting for you!!!!
MJ: That is so awesome! You have a super sweet brother!

lottie63
08-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Had a great relaxing day today! Food could've been better but was not awful.

Lots of good news on the blog front, can't post about it yet, but will soon. I'll be hosting a contest on my blog soon also, posting it in the next day or two, I'll be having a forks over knives dvd giveaway for anyone interested! Please enter! :D

Also, keep voting my friends! I appreciate it!:

allgirls
08-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have been working on my weight loss goal (originally 100#) for about a year now. It usually takes me a week or two to lose a pound. I have thyroid disease and some other health challenges that make for slow weight loss, which is a major bummer.

I follow a low grain vegetarian diet free of gluten, dairy, egg, sugar and soy.

My goal for August is to go for a walk once a week.

beaka
08-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Welcome allgirls!!!

cfmama
08-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Well tomorrow will be my 17th day TOTALLY ON PLAN! That makes me happy :)

Foods: 1720 calories

B- weight watchers bagel, 2 T smoke salmon cream cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries
S- small banana, fat free rice pudding cup
L- 2 rice cakes, 2 Lcow lite wedges, 1 can lemon pepper tuna, nectaurine
S- 2 large stalks celery, 2 Lcow lite wedges, 1/2 cup fat free lemon yoghurt
D- hamburger patty, thinsations bun, 1 fat free swiss slice, tomato, onion, bbq sauce, mustard, 1 ear corn on the cob, 1 T margarine
S- 1 cup kashi cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk

exercise tomorrow: groom dogs, chase after 10 kids... etc etc.

mj5
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Good Morning! TGIF!!!!!!

allgirls--Welcome!

cfmama--AWESOME!

lottie--can't wait to hear the news!

Zumba was awesome last night! I was towards the front of the class (still a scary place to be, LOL!), but you definitely work harder when you are right near the instructor, so that's where I will be from now on!

Can't wait to him the gym later and break in my new iPod!

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
08-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi friends... I am having trouble with my 'typing' part of my computer. Everything.. letters... are jumping around. even my word program.

weighed today - stayed the same
planned
journalled

I hope to get this fixed soon. driving me crazy.

Beverlyjoy
08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
pwpenguin... I'll answer your question about what I call food sanity tasks when my typing gets fixed.

MsRatFink
08-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Ladies!

I have been away for about a year but my weight has stayed the same. I saw this thread and really liked it and thought I would join.

I have had a wonderful time reading everyone's entries. It has been most inspiring. I am having a hard time staying on anything long term. It is extremely aggravating but I think I have nailed down why I am not staying on it. I have to realize that it took me years to put the weight on and it is going to take me awhile to get it off. I jump into it full steam ahead and then I get burned out real fast. I am going to go at it in a different fashion. I am going to change one thing at a time and once I get used to that, move on. What do y'all think about that? So the first thing I am going to get under control is my eating because that is the hardest for me.

So here is what I have had so far today:

B:2 scrambled eggs cooked in nf spray
1 Sandwich Thin (love these! Gift from heaven)
1 slice lf cheese.
1 C. Skim Milk
S: 1 Plum

Thanks for listening :-)

lottie63
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have been working on my weight loss goal (originally 100#) for about a year now. It usually takes me a week or two to lose a pound. I have thyroid disease and some other health challenges that make for slow weight loss, which is a major bummer.

I follow a low grain vegetarian diet free of gluten, dairy, egg, sugar and soy.

My goal for August is to go for a walk once a week.

Hey! I'm a gluten free vegan, I have recipes on my blog (link below) and will be adding soy free as well cuz my mom is soy free and trying to go vegan! Keep a look out!

lottie63
08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Okay ladies, for those of you who watch Extreme makover: Weight loss edition, James garrison, one of the guys who got 'transformed' on the show has asked me to guest blog recipes on his site www.truthinchange.com so be looking for low cal vegan/gf recipes on his site from me! He even asked me to try and veganize chicken fried steak! I'll be posting that in the coming couple weeks here.

Also, he's agreed to let me interview him for my blog. :)

I'm also running a contest on my blog right now, it's a 3 piece giveaway package for forks over knives, check it out and enter to win!:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-contest-forks-over-knives-gift.html

I'm having a good on plan day.

Feels good. Finally. :P Have been feeling adrift.

mj5
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Zumba last night was SO fun. I was brave and stood toward the front. You definitely work harder when the instructor is RIGHT there. Yep, that's where I need to be from now on.

Beverlyjoy--How frustrating about your computer. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Angela--I think you have a great plan for yourself. One change at a time, then add things on.

lottie--that is FANTASTIC news!!!! How awesome!

My workout tonight at the gym was amazing. I am soooo going to feel it tomorrow, but in a good way. I am going to a kickboxing class in the morning, then mani/pedi in the afternoon. I can't wait...my poor hands are a mess!

Have a great night!

patchworkpenguin
08-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Aug 19
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= salad, cereal
D= homemade Chicken BBQ Pizza {BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce!
S= Ice cream
S= cereal
E= I was all set to exercise then Mom called so I talked to her instead, I considered it divine intervention, LOL.

Lottie, congratulations! still voting!

Angela, I have touble sticking to the same things so I try to switch around a lot to keep me from feeling 'in a rut.'

Beverly, computers can be so frusterating!!

Allgirls, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Beverlyjoy
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi friends: It seems that my cursor is not jumping all over the place today. (so far) I don't know why it stopped.... but, I am glad, as I was exasperated with the whole thing.

Yesterday was a healthy day... I am grateful. I had my day planned when our neighbor's invited us over for an impromtu cookout. One set of neighbors are moving and have a freezer of beef. It's the second hamburger cookout in the last few weeks. I was able to switch plans and do well at the cookout.. small hamburger, one piece of bun, and lots of salad. (I brought it) I am grateful for the willingness.

I wrote it all down and logged into my food tracker.
Left a bite
ate seated only
weighed

Today I spotted a jar of roasted almonds on DH's dresser. I picked them up and put them down. YAY.

Patchwork Penguin... the tasks I aim for on a daily basis when I am really working my food program are: eat seated only, leave a bite, slow/mindful eating, fork down between bites, plan/measure/log foods, water, exercise, remember the things I can do instead of eating/binging etc. and more. Most of these are based on Dr. Beck's principles.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

mj5
08-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone! I tried a kickboxing class today. It was awesome! I am going to be sore tomorrow, lol!!!
Hope you are all doing well. I'll catch up tomorrow after Zumba.

patchworkpenguin
08-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Aug 20
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Red Robin 1/2 Cobb salad
S= ice cream
D= lefteover spaghetti, peas and carrots, 1/2 slice bread/butter {got cold!, yuck!}
S= rest of ice cream {mistake, but a yummy mistake!}
E= shopping? hmmm, maybe not!

We went to the Borders bookstore closing sale. I was able to purchase 3 knitting books; two of which I have been looking at for a while. Those two were on a different shelf from the rest of the knitting books, so I think someone "hid' them. But I'm happy to have them!

We slept very late again today, Hubby's not feeling well due to a sinus headache. I'm a little snuffly too, but feel okay.

Beverly, thanks for explaining the eating habits. Probably not the same problem as you but the 'pad' our mouse sits on has printing on it and it makes the mouse arrow 'skip' around as we are moving it, so it will dissappear on us. Sometimes the arrow just moves on its own.

Beverlyjoy
08-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi friends.. had a healthy day yesterday... always grateful for that.

I only ate standing once all day.. when I cut the fresh corn off the corn & took a taste. Still, refraining from eating while standing except one time is a major accomplishment for me.

todays goals:
eat seated
eat slowly, mindfully... taste the food
no seconds
plan/measure/log food
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
journal
meditation
fork down between bites (I am horrible at this... need much work here)

We are going to our cousin's today for a cookout. I am bringing a family favorite, sweet/sour cucumbers and onions. I make it with stevia (or splenda) . Should be fun to see the little cousins, too.

I hope you all have a great day.

Penguin - thanks for your thoughts on my jumping cursor!

lottie63
08-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm finally going to go to the gym. FINALLY! My schedule is officially starting to ease up. I AM THANKFUL.

I actually wrote a blog post about this today that can be found here:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/08/motivation-or-commitment.html

Don't forget to keep voting for me for Pittsburgh's most valuable blogger!:

mj5
08-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi! Wow..Zumba was a little tough this morning...I was sore (in a good way) from kickboxing and our instructor mixed things up a bit for our class. Lots of fun, though.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

patchworkpenguin
08-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Aug 21
B= 2 c milk, vits, small bowl cereal
L= Jason's Deli 1/2 BLT, cup Broc Cheese soup, blue chips/hummus
S= choc chips
D=McAlister's Savannah Salad 1/2 dressing
S= 2 c milk, 2 cookies
E=painting???

Lazy weekend until this afternoon. We pulled everything out of the kitchen, prepped, taped and painted the first coat of white primer. I'll get to the second coat tomorrow. Didn't really plan this just made a comment that I'd like to repaint the kitchen and Hubby started. Gotta love that man! :hug:

It stormed LOUDLY last night! so we got some rain.

lottie63
08-22-2011, 08:15 AM
I went swimming at the gym. 20 mins of swimming was just as exhausting as 90 mins on the gym machines!!!!

wow it took everything out of me! and I Forgot my inhaler so I just suffered with not being able to breathe. so dumb!

patchwork I'll be painting my kitchen cabinets soon!

Can't WAIT

mj seems like you're doing great :D

beverley, the eating while standing this....I will pick while I"m cooking! So hard not to!

mj5
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Good Morning! I get to turn over the oncall phone to the next person this morning! YIPPEE!!! I never sleep as well when I am on call....and that 3:30am phone call over the weekend didn't help either....ugh.

Beverlyjoy--You are doing great!

patchworkpenguin--Very cool! We need to do that too...I just need to find the time...

lottie--YEA for getting to the gym!

DixC Chix--How are you?

I lost 2lbs last week. Wow...I blew through the 170's. Have I mentioned I LOVE my trainer? I seriously could not be doing this without him. I should have my new workout this week. Can't wait to see what it consists of. And...kinda scared too, lol!

TransformingMyself
08-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi, I would love to join your group. :)

My name is Jacqui. July 1, 2011 - I decided to give myself the best birthday present ever. To be healthy and fit. I haven't looked back since! So far I have lost 25.4 lbs, and feel amazing.

B: Protein shake w/fruit and veggies.
S: Greek yogurt
L: Turkey sloppy Joe w/ a side salad.
S: Carrot and celery sticks.
D: Tilapia and mashed cauliflower
E: 60 mins cardio

I signed up for a 5k, over the weekend. It is in 5 weeks! Outside of my regular workouts, I am training for that too, every other day. I did power walk/run intervals of 60/90 seconds for 1.5 miles yesterday (Day 1). It felt great! :)

mj5
08-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Jacqui--Welcome! That IS the best birthday present EVER!

patchworkpenguin
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I did Firm's Body Sculpt Blaster this morning. Will continue painting when I get re-energized! Can you tell I'm excited. It WAS my idea! I'm sure I'll be happier when its done. I'm not sure I want to document this mess but this is my kitchen. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj427/penguinspics/002.jpg The walls were red, then I painted the cabinets and didn't like the combination, so I painted some areas different colors so its been a patchwork since. I think I settled on a lighter color of the 'butternut' cabinets. The door/trim are original, but covered by many coats of paint so we are discussing replacing or stripping the originals. Opposite wall has a black stove and a beige fridge.

Jacqui, Welcome glad to have you join us!

Lottie, painting is easier than replacing cabinets but that would be nice!

girlonfire
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
B: 3/4 cup Barbara's PB Puffins, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup fat free milk
L: 1 baked potato w/ 1/2 can salmon, 1 tbsp yogurt ranch (soooo good and only 22.5 cals), 1 side salad with lettuce, tomato, and avocado
S: 1 apple, 1 tbsp almond butter tj's seaweed snack
D: red beans and rice with cilantro, grilled onions,peppers and chicken sausage
Calories: 1201

20 min outdoor biking, 25 min power walking

TransformingMyself
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks MJ5 and patchworkpenguin! :)

DixC Chix
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Time flies when you have no computer. I finally have the new one up and running. I lost 1.5 last week.

b2: hb eggs, pumpkin
l: brown and wild rice, zucchini with parmesan, blueberries
d: meatloaf with zucchini, carrots, grapes
e: yoga, water aerobics, salsa dancing

Hello and welcome to all the new folks that are coming here to post.
allgirls, cfmama, MsRatFink, TransformingMyself

mj, penguin, Beverlyjoy, lottie, beaka - you all are doing so good!!

BBL for more personal notes!

lottie63
08-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I"m just painting my cabinets. :P

Beverlyjoy
08-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi folks... checking. I made it through the family cookout very well. I am grateful. I could not fall asleep last night and ate a little extra at 3am.

Yesterday I had some credits: planned/logged food, ate seated most of the time, no seconds, journalled, left a bite, & tried to slow down.

I was able to pass on pizza, subs, cookies, brownies and more at the cookout... credit.

I added another "D" to the former Five D's: (things to remember when ya get a craving, etc)

Distance self from the food.
Drink water
Deep breathing
Distractions
Destroy the food
and new D is: Don't Drive. - reminding myself to NOT get in the car to buy something I am craving.

Hoping folks are doing well. As always thanks for your support.

Madame Souza
08-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey Lottie,
I checked out your blog. The recipes look so good. I stopped eating meat a while ago and am always looking for great low cal foods to prepare. I am always open to new tastes and ideas. Keep up the great work.

patchworkpenguin
08-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Aug 22
B= 2 c milk, cereal
L= 1/2 Leftover RR salad with extra greens
S= handfull choc chips, cranberry juice
D= 1/2 homemade BBQ chicken pizza
S= apple PB
E= 30min cardio/weights + painting

Lottie, ha! I set a trend! What color?

Beverly, good job at the cookout!

Chix, glad to have you back!

Chloe, I wonder if Hubby would like yogurt ranch???

Beverlyjoy
08-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi folks - yesterday was a healthy day… always grateful for that. I really did a lot of writing in my journal where I keep track of my day and goals/tasks. Credit.

Goals and results:
Eat seated - most of the time
No seconds - all of the time
Arc/rc/beck - no
Meditation - no
Weigh - yes (looked down a smidge - spring scale)
Slow mindful eating - some of the time
Leave a bite - all the time
Journal - yes
Planned/measured/logged food - yes, it did change a couple time, however

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
lottie - you have such a great talent for writing whether it is a novel or a blog! Congrats on your recent achievements.

Beverlyjoy - you are rockin' your daily goals! Your healthy days are adding up!

Penguin - have you been eating your Wheaties??!! You have lots of energy these days. I love the butternut color idea. Did you know red stimulates your appetite?

mj - The kickboxing sounds interesting but I think I'll stick with no equipment necessary classes. I found that if the zumba class attendance is a little lighter, I can work harder too. I need room to MOVE IT!!!

new posters - come back and post some more!!!

l: lemon chicken, green and wax beans, nectarine (really sweet and juicy)
d: fiber1 80, skim milk
e: bodypump, zumba

At the end of last night's salsa dancing, she had us use light hand weights for some slow and different moves. Meh.

I have tomorrow off from my little job but I have already scheduled auto repairs in the morning. I'll have to see if there is a class at the gym I'd like to try.

patchworkpenguin
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Aug 23
B= 2 c milk, vits, cereal
L= Salad, choc chips, cranberry juice
S= 1/2 can beets {I was hungry and it looked good!}
D= Leftover spaghetti, peas and carrots, bread/butter
E= 45min cardio

Chix, I did know that, but when I painted the kitchen {white cabinets/trim with red walls} I wasn't worried about weightloss and its so tiny I didn't think it would matter much. I got the butternut idea from painting my headboard a 'wood' color and liked the color. Bear in mind I grew up with 70's harvest gold and its pretty close in color, which is one reason its taken me so long {two years} to find a wall color. I kept thinking the color was a mistake and I'd change it.

Beverly, looks like you had a good day. Good job on posting more often.

mj5
08-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Good Morning!

DixC Chix--CONGRATS on the 1.5 loss! I agree...I like having room to move at Zumba! I moved up to the front row last night. WOW. Talk about working harder...especially when the instructor steps back and dances right next to you. Intense! I kept up though!

lottie--how is the painting coming?

patchworkpenguin--I hope you inspire me to paint too...my kitchen cabinets are a mess...

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME!!!

I was talking to my wellness coach yesterday and he was impressed that I went to kickboxing. He had no idea I was trying it (we haven't talked in 2 weeks). I also talked about how hectic things have been at work and how awesome it has been that instead of how I used to just "give up" on my workouts and eating healthy...those are the two "constants" that have helped keep me sane....He also thought it was great that I was mixing up my workout routine a bit. I am going to substitute one Zumba class each week for one kickboxing class. Makes me sad to give up a Zumba class, but something has to "give"...my Zumba instructor is in total support of getting into kickboxing (she does some really intense military style training w/ her trainer and LOVES kickboxing, etc). I really can't wait to go back to kickboxing on Friday.

Beverlyjoy
08-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi friends... yesterday was a healthy day - always grateful for that. Some things I did yesterday: planned/measured/ logged food, ate seated mostly, fork down between bites (some of the time), no seconds, lots of water, a few stretches and more.

I had a bunch of of sliced tomatoes left over from the cookout. So I put them in a pot with some onions, pepppers, a bit of stevia and oregano and made some stewed tomatoes. So good!

I've got to get my car checked today. Some bolts on the car in the wheelwell have popped off (not from the wheel) This should not happen!

I really need to include my meditation into my day. It always helps.

Good news... I have lost another pound. (four sticks of butter!) yay :carrot: I was able to change my next mini goal from 224 to 219.

MJ - kudo's on your dedication to your workouts and taking up kickboxing. Awesome.

Patchwork penguin - good food plan and cardio! I like beets too.

dixcchix - Salsa dancing... ole! What fun.. good food plan.

Hi, Madame Souza!

lottie - what color are your cabinets?

Have a great day, everyone.

DixC Chix
08-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Just getting back from auto repair place at 2:30. I was starving so I had a fast food lunch which will do me for the day both appetite and WWP+. Not the best choice for sure but I didn't know it would take so long to replace the hosesor did I expect the cost to be over $500! The waiting room had little to offer - only sugary sodas. The only redeeming value from today is that I walked over to restaurant. And of course car is fixed.

Zumba was a little different with the guy instructor last night. And he had more muscle-focused moves, too! Someone must have mentioned something to them or they are trying out the Zumba Fitness routines to see if there is interest. Having already done BodyPump in the morning, it felt a little like overkill on my biceps and delts. My gym's other location near me is offering a one time only Aqua Zumba class on Saturday lead by the regular instructor. I have to check that out!

mj - That's so awesome! You are doing so great!!

Beverlyjoy - Congrats on the loss!! That's fantastic and totally reflects your efforts and results. Yay!!

penguin - Harvest gold was sooo the color, wasn't it?! And so was avocado green. I had a red kitchen for years then I found out the overeating connection. Now I have dusty turquoise green. Kudos to you for doing the painting. That's a lot of stretching, moving, twisting, good activity.

mj5
08-25-2011, 05:10 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Mmmm, your stewed tomatoes sound yummy! Oh my goodness...how scary about your car! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!!!!

DixC Chix--Yikes...I hate car stuff (as I know I said over and over last month!) Have fun at Aqua Zumba! Sounds fun!

hi to everyone else!!!

I received my new workout yesterday. Wow. I had a *minor* omg moment, but otherwise just "decided" I was starting it yesterday and that was that. I was challenging and I LOVED it! My trainer totally ROCKS! He knows just exactly how far to push me...even when I am not so sure myself...that's why he does what he does and I do what he says, lol!

I received an email from the kickboxing place yesterday...they are running an "end of summer" super bargain on "class passes" the really cool thing is you can use the pass for any class and they don't expire. So, I responded and said 'sign me up'! I will officially sign up on Friday when I go in for the class. I will also receive a 2nd 1:1 personal training session, which is cool.

The funny thing is...I have never been a fan of boxing/fighting, BUT I am learning to have a lot of respect for the strength and power that is necessary.

I also want to thank all of you for your support and encouragement..some of you I haven't 'known' very long..some have hung in there with me over the long haul. You have each supported me along the way and I hope that I have done the same for you. You are the BEST!!!! :)

Beverlyjoy
08-25-2011, 07:11 AM
HI friends... yesterday was a great healthy day... I am so grateful. I thought about many of my goals and acheived some too.

planned/measured/logged food - yes
eat seated only - most of time
no seconds - yes
left a bite - yes
fork down between bites - some of the time
slow/mindful/tasting the food - some of the time
journalling - yes
meditation - no
exericise - no
lots of water - yes
weighed - yes
read Beck Book - yes

I took my car in to be fixed. I waited and took that time to read my book and take some notes. Really trying to focus on doing the things that helped me the past with food. I logged my food into the Sparkpeople food tracker. It's been helpful.

MJ - I am loving to hear your wonderful enthusiasm for your trainer, kick-butt workouts and now even, kickboxing. It's been so wonderful seeing you finding out what and how it works for you. Yes... you are a wonderful 3fc friend - I appreciate your kindness and support always.

Dixichick - cars - they can be so expensive. Too bad the machine didn't offer some water. I waited yesterday for my car and luckily that had water in with the pop. Kudo's for all of your exercise. Aqua Zumba sound awesome. Carry on.

Have a great day, everyone.

lottie63
08-25-2011, 08:01 AM
beverleyjoy, right now they are white with a pale green trim, LOVE them, but so hard to keep clean, and we now have leopard plates so I'm doing them dark cinnamony brown with alight brownish beighish border.

dixc: thanks so much! :)

MsRatFink
08-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Hi everyone

This thread really inspires me to do well so I'm going to post for today.

B: breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla
L: Salad with 4 oz chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic sauteed in a little olive oil.
1 cup watermelon
D: I made whole wheat pasta and mixed it with chipotle chicken sausage and Parma rosa sauce. Very tasty!
Desert: skinny cow candy pack

I also had a NSV today. I ran out of milk while fixing dinner and I ran to the grocery. I picked up a naughty desert because I was so hungry but I put it back, got the milk and came home. I was so proud I caught the urge and won.

Little things, that's what I'm making count. :-)

Beverlyjoy
08-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi folks - I am smiling ... I had another healthy day yesterday. I am grateful. I fulfilled many of my goals. One thing that comes to mind is that I didn't get a piece of candy on my way out of the doctor's office. It's hard to resist a Hershey Chocolate kiss... but, I did it. yay.

Goals:
plan/measure/log food & put into Food Tracker - yes
lots of water - yes
stretches and strengthening - yes
eat seated only - mostly (stopped myself several times from licking cooking spoon.)
slow, mindful eating - some of the time
taste the food - some of the time
leave a bite - all of the time
fork down between bites - some of the time
Beck Book, etc - yes
journal - no
meditation - yes!!!
weighed - yes

I am really working on getting my 5-7 fruits and veggies every day. Of course, I'd rather have fruit! I've stayed well in my food range.

I am very grateful for the willingness to try again.

Msratfink - hi! Kudo's on putting back that sweet treat!!
lottie - your cupboards sound so pretty

Shout out to Mj, Dixiechick, cfmama, patchworkpenguin, mrs souza, and anyone else that stops by.

mj5
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Good Morning! It's Friday!!! YEA!!! I am sooooo very glad the weekend is here. I am not on call, which always makes it a little bit nicer...

Beverlyjoy--Thank you my friend! I am having SO much fun...never thought I would find so much enjoyment in working out...

lottie--your painting sounds really pretty! I sooo know you mean about white cabinets...ours are white (well...used to be lol!) and the kitchen is accented w/ black and red.

Angela--AWESOME job at the store!!!! Mmmm your pasta dish sounds delish.

Beverlyjoy--Fantastic! Choc kisses are very hard to resist.

DixC Chix--How are you?

Jab--What's up?

I am going to kickboxing tonight. Next week I'll start going Sat mornings, but I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow and I didn't want to change that. It is really helping my foot, so that is awesome. We are also going to a pool party w/ some of hubby's friends tomorrow. I really don't want to go...I have so much to do at home, but he is looking forward to it, so we'll go. Sunday is Zumba and then some relax time. I need to find some time to finally pack up clothes to donate, they are taking over our room!

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Yesterday - I was on my way to the gym, got about 4 houses down the street and the radiator light went on. I turned around and waited for auto repair shop to open, told them of the problem, and had to return to the shop for some more pressure testing. Added more coolant and I was back on the road...except I missed my body pump class. Grrr.

I went to my nail appointmentat 10 but forgot that she had scheduled me for 12 and had to come back. Cat puked in the hallway - yuck.

My former in-laws are in town to visit with my BIL and begged me to visit with them (haven't seen since even before the divorce). I had been thinking about this, praying for guidance, and decided to go for a couple of hours. It was very emotional for them. I know they love their son but they are very angry with him. Now that they have seen I'm doing good, I hope they can heal.

All-in-all, not a pleasant day but my menu was good.
b: coffee, yogurt
l: ww wraps
d: beer can chicken leg, sauted homegrown bell peppers with vadalia onions, foil wrapped potato chunks with garlic, a glass of white wine.
e: none

Today
l: 2 hb eggs, 2 WW bread 2TB Miracle whip, raw carrots, grapes
d: lean cuisine, green/wax beans, nectarine
e: water aerboics, zumba

mj - stay safe this weekend with Irene barrelling down on you. Maybe the pool party will get cancelled and you can get to your chores. The Sat KB class sounds much better for your schedule since it is further way. And I know I don't have to say enjoy the massage.

Beverlyjoy - that is a great use of waiting room time!! And KUDOs for skipping the Kiss! I hear ya on getting the veggies servings in.

lottie - I never would of thought of cinnamon and beige but that sounds so cute especially with the dishware.

MsRatFink - Congrats on your win against the desert temptation!!! Skinny cow candy pack???!!! Tell me more!

Have a great weekend everybody!!! Easter coasters - stay safe.

MsRatFink
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
I had a good day today! Had my 3 meals. I'm not hungry for in between snacks anymore. That makes me happy. I have really been trying to make my meals squared with a lot of fresh food. Today however, was my off day but that's ok. I allow myself one. So this is what I had today:

B: My BFF called me this morning and told me to come over (she lives 4 houses over) because she cooked me breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, and a biscuit. She also exercises with me. She is the goal size I want to be so I have walking inspiration next to me :)

L: 4 slices Cheddar Cheese, 8 Triscuit Crackers, 1 apple sliced, and a diet coke.

D: Fish and Chips. Im not used to the grease anymore so I have been sick ever since I finished. No wonder why I felt bogged down all time with all this crap I put in my body. Im so used to fresh whole foods now, it leaves me feeling light and energetic. I have learned my lesson!

Beverly: Way to go resisting the chocolate kisses. Those are so yummy!

MJ: I used to do kick boxing and I loved it! I want to get back into it. It helped tone my legs and tush so much!! I have done Zumba and it kicked my booty but I want to keep going. I start that next week!! Im excited.

DixC: Skinny Cow candy= HEAVEN!!! They are so yummy! The ones I picked up are the Crisp Caramel Turtles. It is Dark or Milk Chocolate, crispies, and caramel. They are mini and there are about 5-6 per pack. Each pack is 120 calories. Just perfect for desert. I allow myself a sweet treat once a day as long as I eat it with my meal because I don't eat after dinner. They also have chocolate wafers. I assume they are like a Kit Kat but I have yet to try them. I got them at Kroger, the grocery near my home. Just look in the candy section of your local grocery or Walmart/Target. I know they carry them as well.

patchworkpenguin
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Aug 24
B=2 c milk, vits, cereal
PBJ
2 c milk, 2 slices turkey {got shaky}
5 Guys small bacon cheeseburger/all veggies, 1/4 fries
cereal

Aug 25
2 c milk, vits, pbj
Red Robin 1/2 Cobb Salad
peach
spaghetti and carrots
cereal
2 cookies/milk

Aug 26
B=2 c milk, vits 2 cinn toast
L=1/4 RR Cobb Salad/extra greens, cran juice
D= meatball sandwich cran juice
I took a lot of naps today after not doing much yesterday. I didn't sleep well this week so I think I'm catching up.

Chix, glad you had a good time with the ex-inlaws. {or better than u expected}

Angela, good job with the dessert!

MJ, hope you have a good time at the party.

MsRatFink
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Patchwork: You're in Memphis too?? Awesome, where about? Im in Bartlett near Harley Davidson.

DixC Chix
08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Good Morning!!

B2: breakfast burrito - WW carbbal sm tortilla, one egg, 1 oz cheese, 2 TB salsa
L: cottage cheese and grapes
D: flatout flat bread pizza with vadalia onion, homegrown bell pepper, mushrooms, homegrown tomato slices, mozz cheese, sauce
E: Aqua Zumba

I went to a different location of my gym for the 'one time only Aqua Zumba' & it was good. This gym is about 8 miles whereas my local gym is only 2.5 - not a big difference. I had a "DUH!!!" moment looking at their schedule and found a Zumba class on Sunday afternoons by my usual instructor - yay!! And they have spinning classes that maybe, just maybe, I will try.

Angela - Ooooo, can't wait to try them. I will compare their nutrition panel with similar candy to see if there is an advantage. Making a run to the grocer's today so I hope to find them. I love their truffle bars. Sometimes a piece of fruit is just not the thing, ya know?

Penguin - that 5 guys burger is filling, yes? And the fries serving is huge. 1/4 is just enough! Naps are the BEST!!!!

patchworkpenguin
08-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Hubby and I are hanging around the house today, but planning on more painting this weekend.

Angela, I'm way over by what used to be the Mall of Memphis. {for you non-natives, the Mall was built and about 15 years later torn down; its now a field}. I grew up in Bartlett, however, where did you go to school?

Chix, I thought the fries were good but I really wasn't impressed with the burger; soggy bun and the meat had no taste. I make better at home!

Beverlyjoy
08-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Yesterday was a healthy day… always grateful for that. It was my third day in a row to do some meditation - that’s a big credit for me. I seem to stay more focused when I have the willingness to put meditation in my day. My CD player and earplugs aren’t working. However, I found a couple of short meditations on YouTube. Who would have thought??

I planned/measure/ & logged. When I put it all into the food tracker at the end of the day, I had only eaten 800 calories. Then the dilemma - do I stay with what I had planned (apparently, not enough) or eat more. I decided to have some fruit and cheese. I need to plan more carefully.

Eating seated - almost all of the time
Leave a bite - yes
Fork down - tried to mentally count to ten after finishing chewing before the next bite. It really slows me down.
Slow mindful eating - working on this
TASTE the food - more than before
Beck book/Arc/rc - no
Water - lots
Stretches and strengthening - yes

I hope all of you are safe from Hur. Irene. I keep thinking about all the weddings (and other festivities & gatherings) that had to be cancelled or changed. As you know.. I went through that years ago (a weather disaster during my wedding) and have a spot in my heart for any families facing a similar situation.

Take care, everyone.

MsRatFink
08-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Ugh, I hate weekends when it comes to food. I woke up late so I wasn't on schedule for the get go. My husband and son wanted to go out today so by the time we got ready it was time for lunch. we went to Texas Roadhouse. This is what I had today:

B: None
L: 3oz steak, 4 steak fries w/ ketchup (the rest went to my son), garden salad, 2 rolls.
D: Italian Sandwich.
Desert: 5 dove chocolates (Ran out of Skinny Cow so my husband gave me 5 little chocolates and it really was satisfying!)

Tomorrow I have GOT to get up at my normal time to get in breakfast. I don't feel the same unless I eat all 3 meals. It helps me not snack through the day, it controls my blood sugar, and I don't feel out of control.

Chix: I totally know what you mean. I have a fruit bowl on hand in my fridge as well as carrott stix and sometimes you just need something else. I have not tried the truffle bars yet. I go to the grocery tomorrow so I will get them and try them. Nutritional wise, not sure how they fare with others but sometimes it is worth it.

Patchwork: I know that area. I didn't go to school here in Memphis. I moved here almost 10 years ago from Texas. It was supposed to be a temporary visit but while I was here I met my ex-husband and well, you know how that goes.

mj5
08-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Good Morning everyone! wow..yesterday was hectic! It was all super fun stuff, though. I LOVE my Saturdays! Started w/ an awesome Zumba class, quick stop at Marshall's (I found a cute skirt for $10 and a pair of capris for $5!), then a massage which was fantastic, quick stop home to change and healthy lunch, went to the party which was "eh"..., then finally home!

DixC Chix--Wow..rough day for you! Great job keeping your menu on target! Actually, we are most likely just going to get some rain today (fingers crossed)...yesterday was gorgeous here. The KB class on Friday was amazing...even better than the Saturday one...I have emailed the instructor to see if that is the "norm"...if that is the case, I am going to change my schedule up and go on Fridays, even though the Saturday one would be more convenient, if I am going to go...I want it to 'count'...

Angela--The same thing happens to me...if I eat foods that are not fresh, healthy, etc...I feel so gross! Good to know..I could really use some toning in my legs and tush!! YEAAA! Another Zumba gal! I am TOTALLY obsessed with Zumba! I'm excited for you! It is so much fun and a great workout...can't get better than that!

patchworkpenguin--yummy menu! Eh...the party was ok...Glad you and hubby had some lounge time...that's my plan for today..well, after Zumba.

Beverlyjoy--You are doing fantastic! When I went for my massage on Saturday, I purchased a couple of simple, but really pretty "meditation" bracelets...they are glass beads...one is white (which if I remember correctly, represents unrealized potential) and the othr is a gorgeous shade of blue (which represents being at peace)

So, today is my normal Sunday...just Zumba, then some relax time with my hubby.

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi friends. -yesterday was OP until bedtime. I had been using my bag of resistance techniques all day.. feeling stress.... They were working until about 10 pm. I felt anxious about wanting more food. I gave into it and had some cereal and toast. It's not the worst thing... however, it's what we/I all try to avoid. But, I will carry on today.

Yesterday Dh and I took lunch over to my mom's. Afterward, Mom brought out to boxes of cookies: Oreo's and Sugar Cookies. I didn't take a bite. CREDIT!! I am not letting eating extra in the evening diminish all the times I made good choices during the day.

Today - I have had my healthy breakfast to start the day.

Later today I am going to visit my stepmom. (my wonderful other mother) I asked her to refrain from getting the usual 'special goodies' she usually buys when we visit. It's because she knows I love certain pastries from the local bakery. She said she wouldn't. However, If she knows I am watching my food... she watches like a hawk and it drive's me crazy. But, it's a trade off I guess for not having my favorite childhood goodies facing me.

I am using my exchange food plan. I will add a few extra exchanges, if I need them.

I hope everyone is OK on the East Coast. So far - our friends and family are doing well. I am so grateful that Irene downgraded to Category 1 when it hit the land.

I will try to get back for personals. There's a computer where I am going, so I hope to check in.

MsRatFink
08-29-2011, 12:29 AM
I am so happy that tomorrow is Monday and I can get back to my normal routine. I love my husband dearly but he does stuff sometimes....ugh. Anyways he got doughnuts for breakfast and I had 1. It made me sick! I looked at my husband and said "Did I really eat a half dozen of these at a time??". Well, I know now that during my journey I am going to have to learn the hard way of things that I can and cannot eat anymore. But that's ok, lesson learned.

B: 1 doughnut
L" 1 6oz snack can of ravioli
D: Chicken tacos w/ lettuce, cheese, salsa, and a tsp., sour cream. I did have 1 Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chip and it was so good! Very crispy and satisfying. My husband didn't like them because he thought that they were dyed blue. lol

MJ: I had the best butt thanks to kickboxing! I incorporated practicing my kicking with my normal work out routine and it helped a lot. And yes, Im a Zumba girl!! I love it!! it's so much fun. Tomorrow I start again.

Beverly: ^5 on being able to resist the Oreos. That would have been a major battle for me. They are one of my favorite cookies.

I hope everyone has a great week! <3

mj5
08-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Good Morning! I lost 1 lb last week. And I worked really hard, which is excellent. Adding kickboxing is definitely a new challenge. LOVE it!

Beverlyjoy--Awesome! You can find just about anything on YouTube!

Angela--Weekends can certainly be a challenge. I think you have a good plan to try and stay on a "normal" schedule. YEA!!! My butt is one area that isn't changing as much as the rest of me...at least not yet...that is excellent to hear :) Yep, lesson learned! My hubby and I went away earlier in the summer. I *thought* I was making fairly good food choices. Oh boy...I was sick the whole first day...I emailed my trainer (who is the nicest guy ever..but tough enough to kick my booty in my workouts!), and he basically said that he was glad that it happened...that it served as a reminder that what I was doing is what I need to do for myself...sooo right! I LOVE Zumba...in fact, it makes me sad to give up a day of Zumba for kickboxing, but there just aren't enough days in the week to do everything...

patchworkpenguin
08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Hubby and I painted the other 'half' of the kitchen last night. I haven't been sleeping well recently so one of the things I'm trying is not getting on the computer withing a certain time of going to bed, which is why I've been randomly posting.

DixC Chix
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Good Morning All!!!

I lost 2.5 last week and I am now on Onederland Watch. Its been 10 years since my weight began with a "1".

L: chicken breast on sandwich WW round with spinach, tomato, grapes
D: lean cuisine
E: yoga, water aerobics, salsa dancing

When I got back from yoga and WA, I was really hungry so I had an early lunch. I have found that I need to eat an early dinner when I take a 5:30 pm class. Its just too late for me to eat at 7.

I skipped the new found Zumba class on Sunday afternoon to catch up with my neighbors (leukemia guy with laidoff wife). She agreed to take a walk with me on Friday mid-morning to work off some of her anxiety and stress.

penguin - when I cave and make a poor food choice and feel yucky, I call it Aversion Therapy. And that always reminds me of Clockwork Orange (movie). That movie freaked me out. Not sleeping well - Is your room cool enough?

Angela - No luck finding SC candy at my local Albertson's. I'll try later at Smith's which is a Kroger affliliate. I know exactly what you mean about being off schedule and out of our routine. Enjoy getting back to Zumba!

mj - Congrats on the loss!! You are such a good bargain shopper. I don't think you've ever come home empty handed! Have fun with the KB and getting a your gluts toned. Where do you notice the muscle fatigue while IN KB class and where are you sore the next day?

Beverlyjoy - You inspire me to be a better dieter.

lottie - how have you faired during Irene?

Have a great "back in the saddle again" Monday!!!

mj5
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Almost gym time and I can't wait! Wow...that sooooo didn't used to be the case for me, lol!!!

Patchworkpenguin--Sorry to hear you are having a hard time sleeping. Congrats on getting more painting done!

DixC Chix--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!! WOW...lots of exercise today, all fun stuff!!! Thanks, I LOVE to bargain shop! Oh I come home empty handed lots of times, trust me...with going down sizes so quickly right now (NOT complaining, lol!!) I am shopping constantly, or it seems that way...thank goodness I can bargain shop! During KB...everywhere. No, seriously, definitely arms/shoulders, legs, abs. The next day..it's hard to tell what is related to KB and what is related to my other workouts...definitely abs and glutes...all good stuff!

patchworkpenguin
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Aug 29
B= skipped it
L= salad, 1/2 Jason's Deli Chicken Salad wrap
D= homemade pot roast and veggies, 2 bread/butter
S= HG choc brownie muffin {pretty good!}

cleaned house and gave April her Spa Day, but no official workout. :dizzy: I did put beef and veggies in the croclpot for pot roast tonight, Yum. I'm in an autumn frame of mind.

MsRatFink
08-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I had such bad insomnia lastnight, I didn't get to sleep until almost 5am. I didn't wake up until almost noon! I was so upset. Hubby worked over night and he came home and asked me if I wanted to go to the grocery with him and run errands. We were both so hungry, a drive through was made :-{. I kept it as little as possible.

B: None
L: Cheese burger and small french fries.
D: Carrots (raw), watermelon, cucumbers, chicken noodle soup.

MJ: I got my Zumba schedule wrong. It starts tomorrow. :(

Chix: aww, that stinks. I hope you can find it at Smiths. If you can't, I do know Walmart & Target sells it. I have seen it there also.

mj5
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Good Morning!

Patchworkpenguin--Lucky April!!! Our girls went to the "spa" last weekend...I always laugh at our Ellie-Mae when she comes home...not only is she white again, but she looks skinnier, lol! If it was only that easy!!!

Angela--Ugh...insomnia stinks! Oh well...have fun at Zumba today!

Oh my goodness..I am sooo feeling my workout from last night, but in the best possible way! LOVE it. Yep, I know I'm a little weird, ;) So...still trying to work out the workout schedule...I wish I *knew* if the kickboxing class on Saturdays was a good as the Friday night one...that would pretty much solve my dilemma. I guess I am going to have to just try it again, but I won't be able to do that for a couple of weeks due to prior committments. Good thing both hubby and I can be flexible!

OH!!! Hubby is considering joining me for kickboxing on Friday!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited!!!!! I really, really want him to come and would LOVE it if this is something we could do together. He is most concerned that he won't be able to keep up, but I have told him over and over it is totally go at your own pace and the instructor encourages you, but in no way does she EVER call anyone out. I don't want to push him too hard because then he won't go, but I honestly think if he tried it, he would love it too. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

patchworkpenguin
08-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Bread, laundry, cleaning the bath, and cardio for today.

MJ, go, Hubby! That would be great if he goes with you.

Angela, sorry to hear about the insomnia. hope you sleep better the rest of the week!

DixC Chix
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Happy Tuesday!!

Got some good news - my 87 y.o. mother and my sister are making plans to visit for the Holidays!!!! Mom has said so often that she wouldn't come visit again as travelling is so hard on her. DM has bad arthritis in back and hips. Sis finally convinced her she can use a wheelchair at the airport and not be considered an invalid. Plus she would get priority boarding. Yay!!!!!

I need to do some running around today so the auto mechanic can take a look at the coolant levels. So I am going to get the oil changed, go to Kohl's for a scan of the sales racks (I still have $ on a gift card), and stop at Smith's to scan for SC candy.

l: chicken breast, wild/brown rice, green/wax beans, carrots, grapes
d: fiber1 80 and skim milk
e: BodyPump, Zumba

penguin - Your plans for today sound great. Its green chile roasting season here and the air smells so good. I love, love, love Green Chile Stew with a tortilla - YUM!!!

mj - I hope the KB works out for DH! That would be so cool for both of you.

Angela - Looks like your dinner menu took your fast food into account. That's exactly the way to handle off plan meals. Yay for adjusting!

Beverlyjoy
08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi friends... I got home a little while ago. I think I did pretty well this trip... I am grateful. I used my exchanges and did a little bit of finagling with them because I didn't have total control. (ie... a small bit of ice cream equals a fruit and dairy exchange.) I think it worked OK. I wasn't fretting about it all... which is good.

I read my response cards, wrote things down that I ate, wrote down my daily goals to check off later, left a bite, tried to remember to eat a bit slower and really tried to remember to enjoy the food. Also, I did my stretches and strengthening each day.

I will check in tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well

MsRatFink
08-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I feel so sick to my stomach. I did really well today. Tonight hubby and I watched Food, Inc. I got mad and cried a few times. I used to be a vegetarian and now I know why I was. I can not believe what they do to our food. It is crazy! I said "That's it, organic and local only and Im going Vegan", my husband looked at me like I was nuts. He knows that he has to eat what I cook. Muahahaha!!! I have been trying to get Mr. Little Debbie himself to eat healthier but to no avail. So this is what I had today...

B: Homemade breakfast burrito(2 eggs, turkey sausage link, 1 slice of cheese and 1 honey wheat tortilla)

L: Salad, 1/2 sandwich on whole grain bread, 1C. watermelon

D: 1/2 chicken cordon bleu (DH ate the rest), corn on the cob, roasted fresh asparagus (OMG YUM!!!)

Exercise: Cardio!!!

MJ: I hope your hubby does go with you! It is so much fun when you have someone to go with but you know how men are. They have to feel like they can do anything and not want to be shown up by anyone especially when it comes to athletics.

Patch: Yes, I am having a good week. I finally got my schedule back on track. YAY!!

Chix: I have learned from the past that just because I have a bad moment or meal does not mean I ruin my whole day. It has taken time but it has finally gotten through this cement head of mine :D Im really excited for you that your Mom is coming to see you! Im sure you will have a lovely visit :)

Beverly: It's good to hear you made it home safe and sound. it sounds like you are doing very well. Keep it up! :)

Oh I was going to tell y'all something...When I was at the park today doing some cardio I noticed an suv came in and parked. It's a very small park with a 1/4 mile track that I like to go to cause no one hardly comes to it. As I was walking back to my car I noticed there was an overweight woman sitting in her car and as I was getting my stuff together and get ready to leave I noticed she was binge eating. I could tell from everything that was on the seat and how she was eating it. It brought back so many memories for me and I am so thankful I have you ladies to turn to and 3FC when Im feeling like Im going to go back to that.

patchworkpenguin
08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
I couldn't sleep last night again. I have to get up really early {for me} two days a week and I have a hard time falling asleep each night. {went to bed at 1045 didn't fall asleep until close to 3am.} I think I'm so worried/upset that I have to get up early that I'm psyching myself up/out of sleep. or something...

Can you guys believe that tomorrow is September???

Angela, poor woman...I guess knocking on the window and telling her about Chicks probably wouldn't have gone over well with her, but I hope shes doing better today. Great job with the healthy eating!

Beverly, glad you are back, hope you had a good time.

Chix, glad to hear your family is coming to visit. Where are they coming from??

MsRatFink
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
poor woman...I guess knocking on the window and telling her about Chicks probably wouldn't have gone over well with her

I know, I so wish I could have went up and hugged her and told her there is help.

mj5
08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi! Phew busy day...but mostly good stuff! Tonight is a hair appt (cut and color...can't wait!) then the gym (also can't wait!)

DixC Chix--That is AWESOME news!!!! Hope you found some great bargains at Kohl's. That is on my list of places to go this weekend.

Beverlyjoy--Great job during your trip!!

Angela--I haven't seen that yet...I may have to watch it. I do already buy mostly organic and local. That is so sad about that lady at the track...

Patchworkpenguin--Oh dear...I hope you get past the insomnia soon!

lottie--How are you doing?

Have a great afternoon!!!

patchworkpenguin
08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Aug 31
B= 2 c mik, vits, 1/2 protein bar
L= Chili's S'west Eggrolls, 1/3 Lava cake
D= pot roast and veggies
S= ice cream
E= 45min cardio/weights

DixC Chix
08-31-2011, 08:53 PM
This insomnia thing is contagious!!! I didn't sleep well last night - awake from 1ish, got up at 4:15 but had plenty of time to get ready to go to work today. I am going down for the count after this post. I am bone tired, muscles are crabby and back is hurting enough for some IB. Plus dog had diarrhea while I was working. Poor thing always shows sincere remorse but I know she can't help when she's sick.

Oil got changed, mechanic checked the coolant system again and all is good; found the SC candy - looks yummy. Didn't find a thing at nearby Kohl's but there is another not far away I may try tomorrow. There has been a lot of talk about soups and stews so I'm defrosting a container of ham broth and pieces to make a pot of Navy bean soup. Tomorrow is BodyPump and then a little housekeeping and big time R&R.

Angela - I feel such empathy with that woman. Not sure I would have done anything differently than how you handled it, though. That's a good scenario for the TV show - "What would you do?"

Beverlyjoy - glad you had a great trip and handled menus with wisdom.

penguin - I think you may be on to something with the 'anticipation' insomnia. I think that's exactly what was in my head last night (even though I set an alarm). ACK!!! - September??!!

mj - are you gonna stay with the cherry cola color for your hair? Enjoy the salon pampering and your workout!

lottie63
08-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Heya, doing okay. yesterday I went crazy on chocolate, but today was better, going to get on board tomorrow. WE FINALLY have GROCERIES. been living off veggie tacos. haha.

MsRatFink
09-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Today was a terribly horrid day for me. I woke up feeling blah and depressed. I know it's because I am still job hunting and I thought I had a nursing job at a dialysis center but it didn't work out :( Instead of gorging myself this afternoon I cleaned. Tonight on the other hand isn't very good. Here is what I had.

B: None, I slept
L: Breakfast burrito (honey wheat tortilla, 1 slice of cheese, turkey sausage, and 2 scrambled eggs...I was FULL)
D: Spaghetti with meat sauce (1 serving), 5 mini dove chocolates, Watermelon
S: Poptarts and a glass of skim milk :(
Exercise: None

I know I'm going to have bad days, they are not going to all be good. I can handle it. Back on plan tomorrow. I notice if I DO NOT eat 3 meals I snack.

MJ: It is a good movie. My husband and I agreed we are sticking to organics from now on. They actually showed what they do to the hamburger that they package to kill any ecoli on it. They spray it with ammonia!! I was shocked. And the FDA allows it. I could go on and on about it. oh, and you should post a pic of your new hair. I know we would all love to see it! :)

Chix: I have seen that show, it's really good. yeah, even though I wanted to knock on her door and hug her and tell her that she can end that cycle I minded my own business. The town I live in isn't known for nice people trying to help. Which is sad cause I love people and I love helping people. I guess that's why I became a nurse.

mj5
09-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Good Morning! I left the house a few mins early so I could stop at our farmer's market near my work. It's small, but they have awesome local, organic very inexpensive produce. I was able to get most of the produce that was originally on my grocery list AND save a lot of $! LOVE it!!!

DixC Chix--Oh no...hope the sleep thing gets worked out!!! And poor dog!! My Ellie-Mae always feels bad after she has an accident or gets sick...she is such a sensitive beagle...poor sweetie! Hope you definitely get some rest today! Nope...changed the hair to a chocolate color this time. I really like it! I will probably do something more red/burgundy/fallish next time..

lottie--new day, fresh start! YEA for groceries!!!

Angela--Sorry about the bad day...we all have those. New day, fresh start!! Good for you for cleaning instead...speaking of cleaning...ugh, my house is a mess! It needs some serious attention! I will post a pic soon...today it is humid and rainy, so my hair is kinda wild (naturally wavy/curly) and I didn't have time to try to tame it and its kinda pointless in this weather anyway, lol!

My hair came out great...it is a chocolate color this time. My hair stylist is hilarious, so it is always fun to go there. My workout was pretty good...I was tired by the time I got to the gym, but I did my best and that's all I can ask. I did schedule my next hair appt for a Tuesday (which is a non-workout day), so I won't have to go to the gym so late. I was pooped by the time I got home, got ready for today, made dinner...

Well, unfortunately my hubby has decided not to go kickboxing with me. I'm disappointed, but he just isn't ready. He doesn't want to exercise in public and I can understand his reluctance....I was there once. I want to encourage him, but I don't want to push him to the point where he hates everything. We did talk about finding something that we both enjoy doing together since we have so many activities that we each do on our own, which is good...but he has been complaining that I am "never home" lately...which isn't entirely true...but it would be very nice if we had something that we both enjoyed together. At the same time, he is 200% supportive of everything that I am doing and he loves the fact that I am feeling great about myself.

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
09-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi folks... yesterday was a struggle. BUT - I woke up today in a better frame of mind for eating well and having food sanity.

My goals today:
plan/measure/write down food - later log into food tracker
meditation
lots of water - I will mentally count to ten after each bite. It should help today.
taste the food
eat seated only
no seconds
journal

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

patchworkpenguin
09-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I started a new thread for September!