View Full Version : Weekly Chat: August 1- August 7

Tejas
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
New Pages!

:carrot:

Tejas
08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone:

It seems that no matter what I try, the scale hardly budges. However, the last time I saw the dietitian she said that her fancy scales indicated I had lost body fat, and I comfortably wore some pants yesterday that I wore when I weighed 10 pounds less.

It's a really slow process, and so is the healing of my knee. But, it's minor, in the scheme of things.

Vickie wrote on last week's thread that she has some kind of stomach virus or food poisoning so we might not hear from her as she sips her 7 UP.

ontarget
08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Rhonda, you're our special turtle. You're making a great deal of progress, Cuz. Just keep going. How's your knee?

Vickie, I hope you're feeling better by now.

I just got home from hopping around in the pool with my dear friend. It's amazing how we can talk so long and still have stuff to say. It's always been that way with us. Now Curtis and I are readying for lunch. Salad! I'm hungry!

Nancy, I don't worry about your eating at all. In the big scheme of things, you are doing awesomely.

ems81wales
08-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the birthday messages girls i had a fab day thanks here are some pics from before i lost the weight in november and then one of me at my party friday xxxx

me november 2010
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ems81uk/15012011147.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ems81uk/15012011150.jpg
me on my 30th last week
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ems81uk/DSCF31891.jpg

ontarget
08-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Wowee, Superwoman!! You look great! Now tell us all about the party.

ems81wales
08-01-2011, 03:46 PM
cheers hun the party was amazing all my family and friends turned up and they all had fun and mingled with one another and we had fun dancing to the 80's music xxx

Tejas
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey, Superwoman...thanks for the pictures and news of your party. Good going!

ems81wales
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
cheers hun xxx

ontarget
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Cheers to you, too, Ems. Glad you had fun.

nancy237
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Ems..love the outfit..You have done super !!! Did you meet your goal doing WW's? Can't remember.

Vickie..Hope you are feeling better. Thiking of you.

My sleeping has been upside down this week. 2 hours sleep last night & just fell asleep on couch and woke up 3 hours later.
I need to set goals other than just house repair goals. Sleep, exercise ect.

Decided to remove ticker at bottom and start new one when kev returns to college.

jojo23
08-02-2011, 07:02 AM
And thank goodness they have found out what's wrong. He is allergic to oil seed rape. Our town is surrounded by it, more this year than ever. It has a heavy pollen and what with the light winds it has hovered over the valley and staid. They have started Mark on tabs and given us a filter for by the side of the bed. They seem to think that this is just a one off as the pollen is at an all time high and they are seeing many people coming in with the same symptoms but because of his coronary history, the doctors erred on the side of caution. I can't tell you how relieved we both are. To h.e.l.l with losing weight we are splashing out on a fillet steak each for this evening
Mark has asked me to thank you for your prayers and good wishes. He has just gone to our local hospice to make a donation as a way of saying ‘thankyou’ to God/Mother nature for keeping him safe.

nancy237
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
JoJo

That is awesome news !!!
Thank you so much for sharing !!
Enjoy that steak, I have 2 for our grill today as well.

nelle2002
08-02-2011, 08:20 AM
:jig:

Today is day #1 for me!! I am soooo excited! My goal is #15lbs:dizzy: Totally doable:D

:goodluck: to all!

ontarget
08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
:welcome: Nelle! Good success to you. Fifteen pounds is very doable.

JoJo, Whew!!!! That's awesome news! Enjoy your steak.

Nancy, I flubbed a bit at lunch today and am dusting off as I type.

Tomorrow AM my gf and I go to the water again. Life is good.

ontarget
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Ya'll look at my little temperature thingee in my signature. When I typed this, it was 107*.

Tejas
08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
It was 110F here today. The thermometer in the car, measuring the outside temperature got up to 116F. At that point the AC in the car quit. Thank goodness I was close to home.

I just had a fast food grilled chicken burger, no mayonnaise--hopefully not too awful for me.

Vickie
08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey Chicks! Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling a bit better. Just started to eat a bit again today. I'm taking it slow.

It was really hot here. We went in the pool for a bit since we can't go in tomorrow and maybe not Thursday either.

Hope you are all well.

nelle2002
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
:grouphug::
Thank you for the support!!! I have almost completed day one. I am using IP by the seat of my pants, so I may have many questions for all of you:D:comp:

This has been my menu for today:

breakfast:packet of rasberry yogurt drink and lots of water
lunch: large amount of mixed lettuce with 2 cups of allowed vegies-Walden Farm french dressing/packet of vanilla pudding/lots of water
dinner:5oz steak, 2 cups broccoli, lettuce with same dressing/lots of water
snack:packet of pineapple/banana drink and lots of water. yoga:

:balloons: I know that I am to expect my body to experience some discomfort in the next few days while it is making metabolic changes:hug::grouphug:

Any further suggestions for tomorrow and the days to come??? Thanks, Nelle

pam920
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
hot, hot, hot!!!! Yowzy, you girls must be melting. Suppose to get to 100 tomorrow here.

Superwoman, you look amazing. Happy belated birthday.

grrrr, my A key is sticking.

jojo, great news for Mark. Enjoy your steak.

Went shopping yesterday with my daughter. We got home late but had a great time. Bought my first Victoria's Secret bra. My daughter said I needed a bra that gives support, lol. Guess she didn't like my droopy boobs, lol.

I have gained a total of 4 lbs. It's official. Now I need to get serious before it gets any more out of control.

Stay cool.

Welcome Nelle.

Hi Vickie.

Tejas
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome, Nelle. When you wrote "IP" did you mean Ideal Protein? Do you know that there is a thread specific to that?

Jojo, thanks for the update on Mark. Glad to hear that it is no more serious than allergies...which, of course, can make you miserable.

:wave: everyone

nelle2002
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
I am a newbie to IP and am open to any suggestions. I am doing IP via a coworker, so I never had a formal training.

Here is my menu from yesterday:
bkst-rasberry/yogurt packet
lunch-mixed lettuce with 2 cups vegies/WF dressing
vanilla pudding packet
dinner-5 oz steak, mixed lettuce and 2 cups brocolli
snack-pineapple/banana packet
drank well over 80cc water and took supplements

any suggestions for the days to come?

pam920
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Nelle, not sure what IP is, but I would be starving on your diet. What are those packets? I don't see any protein at lunch and no grains in any meal. But, then again, not sure which diet you are following. Good luck.

Where is Maryann? Is her daughter visiting?

Going to be a hot one today.

jojo23
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Ems... Just look at you:dizzy: You don't look the same person superwoman doesn't come close to describing you. Well done. I'm kindof stuck. It's my own fault, just can't get in the zone at all.

Compared to all you Americans we are not suffering at all, but it has been unbearably hot here for a couple of days (I know you've suffered for months) The nights are the worst here, a plastic 4 pint milk bottle full of ice infront of the fan is the only way I can get to sleep. It is promised to get cooler towards the weekend. The tar on the road outside our house has melted and the council are spreading sand.

It will soon be the 20lb in 20 weeks challange again won't it? August 8th is 20 weeks to Christmas day. Wouldn't it be nice to be 20lbs lighter on Christmas day

ems81wales
08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
thanks ladies :D

nancy i did do it with ww :D xxx

Tejas
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Nelle, just go up to "Carb Counters" forum, and you will find a sub-forum for IP. I don't think any of us here know anything about it. I cut and pasted the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239877-ip-daily-chat-wed-8-3-a.html

ems81wales
08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
im boilin g today it is 80 in my conservatory room :(

ontarget
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Nelle, I don't know anything about IP either. Sorry I can't help, but feel free to stay with us here and chat.

My gf and I got to the pool a little after 8 am this morning. The high school swim team had been moved from the (our) pool to a "splash" pool to cool off. The water temp in "our" pool was 90* @ 8 am. Sort of like a huge hot tub. We did have a good workout, though. (We don't work as hard as the swim team, obviously)

Vickie, I'm glad you're feeling better and are able to enjoy your pool.

JoJo and Ems, hot is hot no matter where you are. I think we all get acclimated to where we're "planted" and different temperature levels are felt when they get higher than normal.

JoJo, can I join you in the 20 weeks challenge? I'm serious.

Rhonda, is your car a/c working now? Stay safe, Cuz.

Pam, Maryann said she'd be away from the computer this week while her daughter/family are visiting.

Okay, I'm going to close for now and take a peek at my temperature thingee here.

nancy237
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Jo Jo

Good to know its 20 weeks til Christmas. I am getting ramped up to get serious about my eating. This summer I did what I always do..Cook what my sons like.

This year will be easy as far as planning since I will just be shopping & cooking for one. I am making a list of Breakfast options to have on hand, plan to do a fruit & protein & fiber smoothie for lunch and then a core dinner. Snacks will be
protein based like nuts or cheese stick. Then at night I will allow myself to have
a 100 calorie low cab treats .

If I could do 20 lbs in 20 weeks I would be 130 by Christmas..I could reward myself with some nice clothes !!

ontarget
08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Nancy, sounds like you have a great plan. You go, girl!

Tejas
08-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I went out at 9PM to shop for groceries. It was 107F! At 9PM :lol3:

I am not walking the dog tonight.

Someone here put a digital thermometer on the road; it read 145F. We need some of Jojo's sand!

jojo23
08-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Blimey Tejas! You could fry eggs on the sidewalk in those temps.
All are welcome Sandra, there's safety in numbers
I'm having trouble trying to find a Christmas ticker which allows you to do just 20 pounds target. 3FC haven't any Christmassy ones, Ticker Factory won't let you do just 2olbs as far as I can see

ems81wales
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
pouring down with rain last night was like a storm it is warm again today but cloudy xxx

pam920
08-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Morning chicks.

jojo, sent you a message about ticker. How is Mark doing? Allergies are no fun.

ems, is your hair blonde now? or just part of your outfit? Stay dry.

Not much happening here. I can't believe how hot it is in Texas.

Tejas
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
33 straight days of temperatures over 100F. But, it was worse in 1980. Thank goodness I missed that one.

Little Rock Arkansas hit a record of 114F yesterday.

I'm going to go pull a few weeds before it's 100 again.

ems81wales
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
no that is a wig pam im burnette xxx

nancy237
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
JoJo..I will look for a ticker for 20 also.
Most of them allow you to put in your start and finish pounds.
Maybe we can devise one.

It will be fun to do 20 by Christmas together

ps
I just found some Christmas ones on the Ticker Factory website.
Then you can cut & paste that link info into the 3 fat chicks signiture page
I think you can put weight change and it will do the pounds to lose you enter.

ems81wales
08-04-2011, 01:08 PM
PAM this was me today :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ems81uk/Cardiff-20110804-00540.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/ems81uk/Cardiff-20110804-00524.jpg

pam920
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
ems, you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

ontarget
08-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Ems, you are a doll!!!!

JoJo, I was here in 1980. Folks were wearing T-shirts saying, "I Survived the Summer of 1980." I don't remember if I had one or not, but my son prob did.

Okay, so I'm ready to join the 20 in 20 group. Life is good. Let's do this. Or should I say, "Git'r'dun!!"

Can you tell I'm in a good mood? Going to the pool, out to bfast, then to the movies with girlfriends tomorrow. Wow! Is life good or what!!

Tejas
08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
OK, 20 pounds it is.

Ems, you are superwoman, blonde or brunette!

Sandra, good to hear you upbeat. I was a little deflated in my workout today. My right shoulder kept not working efficiently on the lifts. That meant I could do only 8 reps not 10 :lol:

ontarget
08-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Rhonda, I love your sense of humor. 8 reps instead of 10. I'm always impressed. Watch out for your shoulder, though. Be careful.

ems81wales
08-05-2011, 06:57 AM
cheers ladies :d xxx

Tejas
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
:wave: everyone

Vickie
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Chicks! My weigh loss efforts have just fallen by the wayside. I'm not proud of that. I need to be back here every day to beinspired. You are all doing so great. Ems...you look beautiful.

ems81wales
08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
cheers vickie :d im off on hiday tomorrow girls im going to west wales in a caravan so il be bk next week hope u all have a good week xxx

nelle2002
08-06-2011, 02:27 PM
hi everyone!

Where to I search to apply a weight ticker to my profile? Thanks Nelle

ems81wales
08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
u got to have been on here a month or to before u can have one nelle. It under the signature bit in user cp x

ontarget
08-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Vickie, what do you think about the 20 weeks till Christmas lose 20 pounds that JoJo's planning to do. I think some of us are going to join her. Starts Monday.

:wave: everyone!!

nancy237
08-07-2011, 02:18 AM
On a trip with my grandson to see grandparents & my brother. Tomorrow we are driving home the scenic route up the NC & SC coast. We'll try to find a fishing pier along the way to break up the trip.
Trying to set a tracker but they don't appear in my posts. Hoping it will in this new post.

jojo23
08-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Christmas Day is 20 weeks today and I would like to lose 20lbs in 20 weeks. I’m not promising I will do it, because my mum is sinking further and further into dementia and being the only child I have only my husband to help shoulder the load. She is in a wonderful home where she will be until the end. Yesterday, when I went to see her, she was packing goodness knows what, into a Tesco plastic bag (for groceries) because she was going on holiday to Canada for the winter. Apparently, the snow is running fast which makes for good skiing. She is 91.
My gallstones have been playing up a bit the last few weeks I don’t want to go into detail but I passed 5 so I’d like to give the gallbladder a bit of a rest and I will do a few weeks low fat. I'm not sure if this ticker will auto move but if it doesn't, I'll fathom something out Ho Ho Ho

All are welcome to tag along. I shall be weighing every 2 weeks so as not to get down if the loss is very small.

pam920
08-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Good morning all. I am joining in the challenge. Is Monday our start day? I have my ticker set up. Will change it every Monday with my results. I got on the treadmill yesterday. Wanted to get in 2 miles but 1 mile is better than none.

Jojo, hang in there. Sorry you are dealing with your gallbladder.

Vickie, come join the challenge with us. I know it will be hard for me, but I'm going to at least try. My weight is slowly creeping back up.

Rhonda and Sandra, has your weather cooled down any? It's still hot here too but nothing like what you girls are experiencing.

Nancy, I see your tracker. Have fun on your trip.

Hope Maryann is enjoying her visit with daughter and g.daughter.

ems, have fun on your caravan.

Today is my great granddaughters birthday. She is 4 yrs old, how time flies. My twin g.sons turned sweet 16 on the 4th. Lots of birthdays this month.

Vickie
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Geez, Chicks.....I'm in!!! Not sure I'll make 20. Can't remember the last time I lost a pound a week average but it is something I NEED to do for myself. So, I'm ALL in.

I must get back to those meetings too. One last splurge dinner out is planned for Tuesday. I'll start now so I can splurge a bit on Tuesday.

I love you Chicks.

beach bum
08-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm Back,we had a great time in Maine, our base hotel was in Free-port and than we branched out day to day trips to different locations. While I was up there I went to shop in LL Bean and found a rain/trench coat I was looking for a long time finding. Doesn't have a lining so I bought a larger size so I can put a heavy bulky sweater under for cold days of winter. Just gained 3 lbs when I was away but hope to lose it and some more before the end of the month.

When we go back to the Cape we went to a 99 Rest. and the kids got there dinner free as the Red Sox won the night before after that we went to the movies to see Harry Potter Part 2. My DD told me the books were better.

Can't believe how my DGC have grown up and don't like they things used to. I got the basement ready for them to play and they rather play with they ipods instead. Found a robot {roomba} vacuum on line and they delivered it to me just before I went away after my DD left I used the machine and I couldn't believe it got the corners cleaned where it was to hard for me to reach. Its was expensive but worth it now that I don't have to push or pull it like my old vac. Its going to stop my bad back & knee from hurting.

Have to go back to last weeks post and see what you guy were up to.

In a hour the the last part off the golf game is on,and I don't want to miss that.

Have a great day

ontarget
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi there, Chickies. I'm excited about starting the challenge. Ya'll remind me I said that if I falter.

JoJo, :hug: I wish I knew what to say in regards to your mom's condition. I'm glad you have Mark for support. And, remember, we're here for you, too.

Now I'm off t build me a ticker.

I forgot to answer the question about our high temps. They're still here and looks like they'll be here at least another week. Life goes on.........

jojo23
08-08-2011, 03:23 AM
The New Page Is Up And Running