WW Clubs and Groups - #260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

View Full Version : #260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

Itryharder
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
08-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread, but please check back to #259 because we had some very important posts there.

My weekend was good, although I always wish it would be better. I have today and tomorrow to make things work and hopefully drop a pound. To do that I have to :tread: and I have been fighting that lately. Very foolish because my food has been quite good.

Take care. Glad to hear from Bandit that she's doing better now.
Princess, have a great week!
Terri, how was your 4-day holiday?
Cherry, feeling better?
Life4evr, love to hear from you.

Judy
234.6/198/thinner!

life4evr
08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey. Everyone I am still here. Gaining weight. My school suitation did not work out. So I am in limbo as to what to do next. Hope everyone is well.

Itryharder
08-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi Life4evr, I'm sorry your nursing school didn't work out. I think you would have been a wonderful nurse since you are so kind. You're under a lot of stress, so foods get appealing. I'm sending :goodvibes: that a job you'd like to do opens up for you. Sending you my best. :love: Keep on posting and let us know how you're doing.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
08-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey all !!! Great weekend went to the inlaws cottage, haven't spent any time with them for a while so it was overdue.

Bandit so glad to hear from you!!!! Glad you are on the mend and glad you have lost!

Life is there no way you can redo or something with school? Please don't give up it is hard but you can do it. Keep checking in and letting us know how you are doing.

Judy I am fighting the exercise battle too, must get back to the Y!!

Princess you always keep at it! Give us some words of wisdom!!!! How do you make yourself go to aquafit when there are so many other tempting summer things going on????

Cherry hope your throat is better.

Tuesday!!! 4 days until my first week of vacation the count down is on!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Another extremely hot day here, record setting from what I understand. DS came over last evening and helped me to get some clean out and repair of the gutters system on the house and helped me to drag a bunch of construction mess to the road for trash pick-up so am glad to get that done and over with. Hoping for a rain storm or two to come thru, the yard is looking very brown again.

Met the A/C repair man at my house yesterday afternoon, it was just not keeping up with the heat and was always warm in the house and even though we are extremely hot right now it just seemed that the A/C was not working like it should so we called the company that we have a service contract with and they came out to have a look... ugh, the coil is bad and that is like one of the most expensive parts - 942.00 to be exact because we have a Trane system and they are a higher end and therefore more expensive for part, etc. Oh well, at least we know now and they are ordering the part and should have it in and replaced this week.

Terri: I guilt myself into doing things... LOL - I had lost a lot of weight and then I hurt my neck and a few other things happened and I gained it all back so am just trying to lose some and if I don't exercise I don't lose... soooo it is either out to walk at the park or off to the gym and it is just too stinking hot right now to walk outside - so I pick the easier of the options LOL. Have a great vacation! My contract ends here at the end of September and while I sure will miss the paycheck I need some time off pretty badly so will welcome a few weeks of a break between jobs.

Bandit: Hope you are feeling better!

Judy: How are you doing? Everything back to normal after the party and all?

Life: Ugh, I feel for you about the school and the gain... none of it is fun, my best advice is to keep trying and don't give up no matter what... the old saying "Where there is a will there is a way" is so true... I wish you the very best!

Cherry: How is your week going so far?

Itryharder
08-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Guys, I am hopeful for this WI tomorrow morning. My weight is down nicely on my home scale. This has been a good week, food wise, so I hope it is a real loss, not connected to my hives. We'll see tomorrow. I'm back to normal after the party. We had fun. Yesterday I mowed the lawn and ended up sweating so much that I didn't get my inside housework done. I'll catch up on that today. Have a few errands to run.

Princess, I hear you about the exercise. even though I only burn 200 calories/half hour on the :tread: over the course of the week it equals 1/2# down for me. Not much, but when I don't do it, I've got to eat 200less calories per day on top of the other deductions I've made to lose weight. I'm sure lack of exercise has been not smart for me-----

Terri, I hear you!!!!! I'm trying different things to do in house since it is much too hot to walk on the boardwalk (which I really like) and movement works pretty much no matter what it is.

Cherry, :goodvibes: on feeling well and continuing to lose weight!
Bandit, hope you're feeling topnotch by today! :balloons:
Life4evr, I know it's hard to hear, but my Grandma always said, "When a door closes, a window opens." That's where you are right now. I'm sending a :grouphug: because we are all pulling for you to stop a weight gain(we;ve all been there, ugh) and to find a career that you'll enjoy.

Gotta run and get cracking here! You all have a great day.

Judy
234.6/198/180's and lower

Itryharder
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WI. Although it wasn't the 3# I had lost on Tuesday (connected to hives after all, I guess) I was down a clean pound and I'll take it. I'm going in the right direction and that means a lot to me.
I didn't get to housework yesterday either. lol. We had so many errands to run. But I've got a good start on it today and I'm going to finish up now. Relaxing afternoon because my dh went to join his sil, grandson, and nephews and nieces to launch hobby rockets. Sounds like fun, but I think they'll be back here for a BBQ, so I'll bake an angelfood/pineapple cake and get the house ready. Then I'll read or just relax.
One thing I did this week that made me more successful was when I got hungry, I peeled a huge carrot and two celery stalks-----not exciting, but there's a reason why they were always suggested on "diets". I also set a time when my next meal would be and I kept to that.

Good luck everyone! You are all the best and I'm so glad I "know" you on the internet. :bravo:
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner by 9/1/11

Princess1122
08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi all, I am running late today, been a very busy day! Just got back to my desk for a minute and wanted to see what has been going on. Food has been a bit rough for me this week... I feel hungry all the time, need to work on that LOL! Took the dogs to the park last night so I got in a small walk, it was very hot but the wind was blowing so it was not too bad. We had a storm blow through last night with rain... yah! Needed that!

I have to run but a huge congrats to Judy! You did awesome on your W/I today!

terrod99
08-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey All

Good week here so far, ate well, no too much, need more water, so busy at work don't have time to think. Rained all day (which we needed) so it was a good day to be at work. 2 days and then I have a week vacation, DS goes away to camp for a week, DH will be working, so some me time!!!! Time to get back to exercising. And just get back on track.

Glad you are all doing well, lets keep at it!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning all and happy Thursday! Another hot one here but they are calling for some rain this weekend so that will help. It has been a busy week so far and will continue that way for the rest of it... heading down to help DS and DIL with the baby after work today and will be there until they no longer need me which should be by tomorrow evening I would imagine. DIL is having her wisdom teeth taken out so she will be down for a little bit but I would imagine if all goes well I will be heading home later on tomorrow.

The scale is up for me again right now... food is the issue and I need to get a grip on it quickly. I am glad that I am not going to W/I tonight :(

Terri: Best wishs for a wonderful and relaxing vacation time!

Bandit: I hope that you are still doing well, there is a huge outbreak here in the states of Salminella (sp?) - When I heard of it I thought of you right away... take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Judy: How is your week progressing? Any plans for the weekend?

Life: Hope you are doing ok!

Cherry: What is new with you?

Itryharder
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Terri, :bravo: and :balloons: for doing so well this week! Have a great vacation. Doesn't it feel good to get back on track?

Princess, have fun with your grandbaby. I know you'll get your food back on track. We always feel stronger and better when we can pull it off.

Yesterday took many different turns for me, but it turned out okay. I didn't go over my points plus-----although I stretched them to the limit.
Hey, here's a tip that I may have said before, but here it is.

I plan my meals and count out the points plus for the day in the morning of that day.
As the day progresses, I cross out the foods I eat and circle the points plus I've used. It's another way of tracking-----not quite so demanding or boring as the other way. Now I know I don't go to work, so that makes a big difference, but I thought I'd pass on the idea just in case someone can make use of a bit of it.

We're doing great! Drinking water!!!! :carrot: I've rediscovered carrots and celery as a snack-----who knew they could be delicious after not eating them for months? lol

Bandit, are you catching up?

Life4evr, sending :goodvibes:

Cherry, feel better soon.

Gotta run. Take care. Be well and happy.
Love,
Judy

CherryAutumn
08-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I thought I had posted here yesterday but I guess at the age of 28 my mind is going. Weigh in wasnt great but it was something. I was down -0.8. I got disappointed and ended the day by eating way off plan but I am back on and going for 100% today. Now to thinking of the positive progress I have made. In one month I have lost 10 pounds and 3 inches total on my body. Here is to hoping for another good month.

Hello : Bandit, Terri, life4evr, Judy, and Princess. Sorry if i forgot anyone. I am very proud of all of you. Keep on Keepin' on.

Itryharder
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Cherry, you lost almost a pound!!!!! :goodscale: weigh to go. And yes, I get your disappointment, but if you keep right on your program you'll get to your goal. You're doing it~ often when we're sick, we gain or lose disproportionately to the amount of eating we've done. At least that's the way it seems to me. Really sick----no food to speak of-----and I don't lose an ounce. Other times, sick---looking for comfort foods===weight doesn't go up. Go figure.

All I know is let's all keep on doing our best and keeping positive and we'll be happy with what we've accomplished over the summer. Attendance is way down at my WW mtg. Vacations, summer doldrums, who knows what/
But the turtles are keepin' on and that's what makes us successful.
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
08-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks everyone. Well it was my second time in. I am probably just going to go the LPN route. Work for a little bit then go back and get my RN. I am on vacation from everyething this week. Seeing my bro and his family. When I get back I will get back on track. But considering I have been running around with my 2 yr old niece I might survive witout too much damage. Not to metnion they have a lovely two story house wtih stairs. Yeap wonderful way to realize you are getting out of shape till you are walking through and airport and walking up and down stairs.

As for school I am at okay place with that right now. I just really need some time to breathe. I know i can do the work but my heart wasnt really in it this summer and it showed.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Itryharder
08-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi Turtles,
It's pretty out here today. We've had a break in the weather and it's not too hot. Our grandson will be here today----dd and dsil's anniversary and we're babysitting. Maybe he'll stay overnight. Food is good, but scale isn't budging. Challenging few days ahead. I'll write about that later, but it's all good stuff!

Life4evr, glad to hear you're in a good place. Enjoy your vacation with your family! :balloons:

Everybody, have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves and keep on drinking that water!
Judy

bandit2
08-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi turtles:

Thank you for all the well wishes and I am feeling better, not completely over it but progressing daily. At my weigh in Thurs evening, I was down 4# which was surprising since I am still mostly eating carbs. But I am doing better with everything.

Cherry - glad to see you have something that is working for you, thats great

Princess/Judy - glad to see you are doing fine.

Terri - how is the lake? I haven't been to my trailer for 3 weeks, but have to go sometime this weekend to check on things and clean out my fridge. I left all kinds of veggies up there which won't be any good.

All - keep up the good work!

Itryharder
08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi Bandit,
Thanks for chiming in and letting us know you're doing better. Congrats on your weight loss. 4# down is fantastic!!!! :goodscale: :balloons: :carrot:
Continue getting better and better and have a good relaxing weekend.

Gals, have a great weekend! We'll be busy here. Going to a niece's house for dinner and a family get together. Tomorrow I have a feeling some of the kids may drop over. We'll see.

Food was tough for no reason yesterday, but in my "summer mantra" I'm letting it go and doing better today. That's the spirit!

Have a great weekend.
Judy

Princess1122
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... my food was just aweful this weekend... really just stupid mindless eating and the scale is way up... shame on me... on to a new fresh week!

Bandit: Happy you are getting better and congrats on the 4.0 lbs!

Judy: Glad you were able to get back on track!

Life: Sounds like you have a plan forward, good for you! Enjoy your time with your family!

Cherry: Congrats on the loss!

Terri: How was your weekend?

Itryharder
08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Everybody have a great week. My eating in anticipation has got to slow down. Yesterday's food could have been better.
Wishing everybody the best! We can do this.
Judy
234.6/197/180's and lower :cool:

terrod99
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey Gals

Enjoying some R&R. Will work one day this week, having some girlfriend time this week, friend is also on holidays hubby is not.

Bandit you must have been ill! 3 weeks away form the trailer? Wow I hope you are better, the weather has been lake worthy! Some rain last weekend, but made the most of it!!!

Judy and everyone yes we can do this! we will do this!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday! Rainy day here but we need it so no complaints! Storms came thru last night and got the dogs upset so that meant that we got woken up for a while but that is ok... mother nature is blessing us with some much needed rain! Cooler temps on the way tomorrow which is awesome because the Indiana State Fair has started and we are planning on going this Sunday so the cooler weather is most welcome.

Food has been bad for me and I am not exercising again... my head is just not in the game right now... ugh! I will keep at it though.

Terri: Enjoy your down time!

Judy: How are you doing?

Bandit: Hope you are continueing to improve!

CherryAutumn
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Weigh-in is tomorrow but I messed up last night and shared a pizza with my hubby. I feel like such a failure but i am trying to get control and straight back on track. Yesterday I had a 2.2 drop but it is back up some. I hope i can get back down. We have had some rain to and it is much needed. The temps have been over 100 for the whole month almost and we are kind of seeing a break in that pattern. Saying a Hello to everyone.

bandit2
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone:

Feeling better each day so glad about that. Got together with some gf
last night which was fun since I have been house bound for 3 weeks.
So all caught up with them. Tonight I have a potluck at our Tops leaders place and picked up applecrumble to take for a dessert - there will be lots
of salads and casserole type things, so I thought dessert would be a good choice.

Raining hard most of the day, but we desparately need it so no complaints.

Terri - enjoy your holiday, time off is always great.

Princess - hope you are doing OK with everything, sometimes it is hard to
stay focussed, good luck this week.

Judy - Seems you are struggling as well. Just make some good choices
along the way

Cherry - nice to see you posting and we all have times when we have things
we think we shouldn't - but that is behind you, so move forward and do your best.

All - hope everyone is doing well.

life4evr
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone I am back. it was nice. I got to see everyone. We went to Lake Ontario I think. I got a break from the heat of NC.

So I am trying to get back on track with WW. I figured I would wipe out my weight and start over. So I am back. Trying to get everything back on track.

Princess1122
08-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! I have done aweful for the last two weeks so today I start fresh and try and get my butt in gear!

We have family coming in on Saturday so I need to kick into high gear to get ready for that and also we are going to the state fair on Sunday and I need to get my game plan in place for that.

I am busy at work right now so will pop on when I can but I will be thinking about everyone and hoping for the best weigh in possible for us all. Tonight will be a terrible W/I for me and I know it will be... over a 5 lb gain I think - TOM is here and along with the bad eating it is going to be ugly!

I am looking forward to the end of my contract here, although I will miss the paycheck I am very burnt out and need a break, and spending some time working around the house and being with my grandson will do me a world of good I think.

Have a great week everyone!

Itryharder
08-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi Gals,
I'm back from a mini-vacation at Hershey Park in PA. Gone for three days and it was fun and tough. Went with my dh, dd, dsil, and dgrandson. We shaped the vacation around him and it was lovely. He's a great kid and a lot of fun. Did a ton of walking and made good food choices. This morning I am up 2# and hit my miserable hate to see it again (200#). Ugh. I am really hoping that it is because my food yesterday was high in salt and I'll get that weight off today if I drink lots of water and make excellent food chocies. I'd love to respond to everyone but I'm eyeballs deep in things I have to do----like laundry, etc. Just know I wish you all the very best.
I need to exercise more and I'm going to make myself do that today!

:bravo: for keeping ourselves going through thick and thin!!!!
Judy

bandit2
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi turtles:

Life - glad to see you back and that you enjoyed your trip.

Princess - Hope your weigh in wasn't as bad as you expected. Just keep at it!

Judy - Glad you enjoyed your min-holiday, always nice to get away.

I was down 2# tonight at my weigh in and received another 6 week "no gain"
certificate and a charm, so that was nice.

All - hope everyone does well this week.

Princess1122
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday!!!! Yah, so glad it got here, seemed to take forever this week ;)

W/I last night... well it was not as bad as I thought but still not good - I was up 1.8 lbs so I need to get at it!

I have a ton to do today to get ready for the weekend and now they are calling for rain so it has complicated things... darn it! It is going to rain on my parade... LOL.

Bandit: Awesome W/I for you! Congrats... you are really making progress now!

Judy: I love Hershey Park! I grew up about 30 minutes away from there and it is a wonderful place... most likely the cleanest city I have ever seen in my life! And yummy too! They used to have street lamps in the shape of Hershey Kisses... LOL - it does not get much better than that!

All: Have a great weekend and lets keep at it! If anyone has any words of wisdom that would help the rest of us that are struggling I sure would love to hear them!

Itryharder
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Good morning Turtles,
Bandit, another :goodscale: :bravo: :carrot: :dancer: :balloons: :dance:
you are doing so great! Keep up the good work. You're making the summer really work for you now. Continue to feel better. Yay!

Princess, glad scale wasn't as bad as you thought. I bet you were hoping to entertain on your new deck this weekend. Ugh---they've been wrong about the weather before so maybe you'll escape the rain this weekend.

I wish I had some words of wisdom. Yesterday was a good food day for me. With all my activities I find myself back at square one more than I'd like. I have posted a photo of my friend on my fridge. She struggled with weight, then was determined through exercise and good eating to lose the extra she wanted to lose. She did it! There is absolutely no reason for me not to do it either. So, before I eat anything I say to myself, "Would......eat this food?" Believe it or not, it's helping me.

Terri, enjoy your week at the lake. Sounds really good. :swim:

Life4evr, smart to reset your ticker and start anew. The good part is that you are down in weight and have less to lose this time. You'll do it! Here's :cheer: for a :goodscale:

Cherry, you're doing this! Keep an optimistic attitude and keep on going.
:goodscale: is right there for you!

All turtles and lurkers----have a great day! Keep on keepin' on. We know how to do this. Next step, do it! I'm going to try really hard today.

Judy
234.6/197/180's and lower :cool:

life4evr
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Itryharder. I do remind myself that I did not gain it all back. As for retaining water I understand we all know I have a weakness for pizza so I am right there with you.

Princess glad it wasn't as bad as your though.

Bandit congrats on the WI.

Glad it is Friday even though I went to work for nothing. But oh well. I have been doing alot of cooking these past few days. Meatloaf is cooking in the crock pot now. I found a health food store. That has like organic no salt/no sugar added tomato sauce. Not so cocerned about the organic part but the other part is good. Just have to wait till next week to get some. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

CherryAutumn
08-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Sorry ladies I forgot to post my weigh-in for Wednesday. I guess I have been MIA. I weighed 228.6 (down -2 pounds) It has been 4 years since I have been in the 220's when my 2nd child was first born. Hoping that despite some cravings I have been having that I can continue to lose weight. Looks like everyone else is doing good. I will try to do a little better on posting. My hubby and I are going out to eat tomorrow and the two times we have gone out to eat I have looked up the site and made myself knowlegable of the better choices they have.

Itryharder
08-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Cherry, you're doing great! It is so smart to check choices for calories, etc. before you eat out. Looking up the amount afterward kinda helps for the next time, but looking ahead is a greater plan! Weigh to go! You're doing great. It's easy to get shaky in the confidence area of "Am I really doing this?", but you are doing this!!!!! You are losing weight even though you have cravings. keep up the good work. I'm so happy for you. :balloons:
:goodscale: :balloons:

Yesterday was good for me. I ate my points plus because I needed them, but I also mowed the back lawn and weeded some of my garden. Getting ready w/dh for our annual luau next Saturday. I'll be buying food from the local Chinese restaurant. They deliver and everything. I can get good choices for myself and also can get things for the vegans and vegetarians that are in our crowd. Makes life so easy. They'll deliver and set up and I won't have to do a thing but provide drinks and snacks. Sounds like a plan!

Best wishes for a lovely weekend for everyone!

Princess, enjoy your family! :love:

Bandit, share some of your weight success! :goodscale:

Terri, how's your vacation? :dance:

Life4evr, :chef: here's to you and losing even more weight!

Gotta run, but good luck to all our Turtles! We are doing this!
Judy

terrod99
08-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Hey All back to reality!

You guys are all doing so great! Everyone is seeing positive results that is wonderful! Goes to show you if we persevere and keep at it great things will happen.

Had a great,busy week off, now back to work! Will catch up later

Terri

Princess1122
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone... happy Monday! Ugh, super fast weekend... again, eating was not so good and exercise never happened... my carpel tunnel is raging into high gear right now for some reason, it has never been a huge problem for me but over the last couple of weeks it has blown up out of control so I am not sleeping well with it and even wearing the wrist splints has not helped very much but with that and everything else going on this past weekend I just basically talked myself out of going to they gym... will try and get back on it this week, I have my lunch packed and am going to try and take the dogs to the park this evening.

Judy: Your luau sounds awesome!You always seem to plan the best parties!

Life: Cooking meals is a wonderful thing! Helps to stay on track!

Cherry: A huge congrats on your loss!

Bandit: Did you make it to the trailer this weekend? Hope you had a great time.

Terri: Yep, back to the grind! Ugh... how was your weekend?

Itryharder
08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I immediately thought about you and the tragedy at the Indiana State Fair. I'm glad you weren't near there. Sorry about your carpal tunnel.
Lots going on in your life right now. :goodvibes: that you start healing so you can :strong: and :tread: Glad you're packed up for a walk with dogs and you'll get back in the exercise swing.

I'm not exercising either and feel ridiculous. I don't know why I set up so many roadblocks to exercise since I don't hate it once I start. My dh and I have a plan to walk on the boardwalk in september. The summer has been too hot and we thought it would be.

My food has been good and I'm slowly dropping the weight I put on during our mini vacation. Any yes, we do plan parties-----Every year we have a Halloween , St. Patty's, and luau party. We also have our kids and grandkids here for every holiday and birthdays-----so you can see that ends up with a lot of celebration, good, and a lot of food, not so good. Over time the kids have tried to knock off some weight and I'm able to offer lighter choices----I also have not had desserts for our summer BBQ's. If they want them, they can run to a 7-11 and pick up something. For the most part, that's working out well. Today I'm heading out for lunch with my book club. It's always fun and the girls are so figure conscious that I would feel ridiculous ordering something fattening. They are all trim and I'm working on it. I'd love to get back into the 180's so I'd feel better about myself. I am doing this! And, truth be told, :tread: would help.

Terri, wow----your break went so fast! :swim:

Bandit, are you feeling better? :goodvibes:

Life4evr, cooking anything interesting? :chef:

Cherry, how's your eating plan coming along? :goodscale: to you for putting in the effort. Weigh to go!

Okay---gotta get some things done this morning. You all take care. What does Bandit say? "Drink that water."

Judy
234.6/197/thinner, please, thinner!!!!!

CherryAutumn
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and congrats from everyone. I appreciate the support. TOM is almost here so my weight has gone up some but not bad so far so I will keep trying and hopefully heading forward.
Hi to Princess, Life4evr, Judy, Bandit, and Terri. If i forgot anyone please forgive my memory. We are finally getting a little break in the heat and we are enjoying it.

Princess1122
08-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Judy: Yes, what happened at the fair was horrible and that is all that is on the news out here... we were going to go to the fair on Sunday with the family but after what happened we thought better of it and they ended up closing the fair for the day anyway. It is opened again today and they are having a memorial service followed by a re-opening of the fair itself but the special events are all on hold.

We live about 20 mintues from the fair grounds and I saw the storm coming in, we had just said goodbye to our last guest and were hurring to get the patio cleaned up before it started to rain. The storm was bad and the winds were very strong. I feel terrible for those families... I truly do.

Good luck with your food today and I know what you mean about exercising in September when the heat breaks a bit.

bandit2
08-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - yes, I went to trailer Fri afternoon and stayed overnight, and got my grass up there cut. Nice relaxing night just watching some movies.
I am feeling much better, still get tired quickly but getting better each day.
I was shocked to see the news about your State Fair, thank goodness you weren't there.

Judy - You asked about my losing some weight and I am still eating alot of
carbs (bread, pizza) but the last few days have had more fruit & veggies.
I think being sick & eating lots of bread type things was a shock to my system, since I have been strick for so long. Anyway, getting back to normal now.

Terri - glad you enjoyed your holiday. I am taking last week of Aug off, so
looking forward to that.

Cherry - nice to see you posting, keep up the good work.

I am off camping this Thurs for 3 nights with 6 other ladies, so should be fun.
We have a camper as well as a tent and dining tent. We went last year
and the lake was really nice (Balsam Lake) and has a nice beach. Hopefully,
the food/snacks won't be too bad. I will miss my Tops meeting since we are
leaving late afternoon for campsite.

All - hope you all have a successful week at the scales.

Princess1122
08-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! We have been enjoying some cooler temps here lately but I think that is getting ready to change here really soon LOL - they are turning up the heat again but not as bad as last time. Our school district started back to school today so that means a huge increase in the traffic so I got my butt out the door on time today, I pass by two high schools on my way here in the morning and with the teenage drivers sometimes things get ugly so I like to get thru the school zones way before the traffic gets bad.

got a very quick and short walk in last night but it was nice, DH and I took the dogs to the park for a quick once around. We are enjoying sitting out on the deck in the cooler evening air and the dogs like to lay out there with us so it is kind of like our living room has moved outside :)

Trying to get my eating back on track with little bit of exercise thrown in there to get me moving again...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bandit: Have a fabulous time with your girl friends!

Itryharder
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, have fun with your friends! Tenting and camping is so much fun. My dh and I did a lot of that when we were first married. Camped on our way from NY to Winona, MN for the summer. Then when our kids were born, we camped out a lot. Have a ball! :swim:

Princess, I think a start is good. Watching our foods and exercising a little is fine. Enjoy your deck. It sounds like a great home improvement! So cute that the dogs like it too.

I'm doing quite well as far as food. Not perfect, but so much better. It looks like I knocked off the vacation weight. Now I need to lose another pound this week. Yay! DD and grandson will be back here today to go shopping, etc. Then the rest of the week will be spent on getting ready for the luau. I did not go out to dinner with them last night because I wanted to keep on track. That was a good thing.

Life4evr, how are you doing? :chef:

Terri, how are you? :tread:

Cherry, keep up the good work! :goodscale:

Hi to all the turtles.
Have a great day!
judy

terrod99
08-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Hey Turtles

Bandit have a great time, it is soo much fun to get away with a group of women, lots of laughs you will get rejouvenated!

Princess the Stage collapse is big news up here too, what an awful tragedy.

Cherry you are almost at 25 lbs what a great accomplishment, keep up the great work!

Judy Glad you are having a good week, have fun at the luau!

Life I'm on the same page as you, starting at the beginning again! hoping I get it right this time!!! We will because we are true turtles! and if we keep at it long enough surely it will stick one time or another!!!!1

So lets keep at it!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! It is a pretty day here, the temps are going up but not too bad yet. Got out for a quick walk last night, only twice around the park because there were a few people there also and they all had dogs and that distracted my dogs and made it a not so pleasent walking... LOL. I have knitting tonight so am going to go and walk the halls for a few mintues on my lunch break today. Trying to walk a bit each day even if it is only for 10 minutes, I figure it is better than nothing!

I went online and signed up at SparkPeople yesterday... it is a nice site to track and get some new ideas at, something different.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

life4evr
08-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone. JUst dropping in real quick before I go drop the car off to get it worked on.

Well I haven't been cooking recently. My mom has been taking over the kitchen lately. The meatloaf I did cook was a success even my dad liked it, he is a not a fan of vegetables. Nothing new here still waiting to hear back from the LPN program at my school.

Big news today was weigh in day I lost 2.5# I am sure some of that is becuase my TOM has ended.

Going to actually try to exercise this week. Hope everyone has a good day.

Itryharder
08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Life4evr, weigh to go! :goodscale: nothing like a weight loss to keep you motivated! :cheer: :balloons: I love your persistance!
Judy

CherryAutumn
08-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Life4evr- Great Job on the 2.5 pounds gone!

Today was weigh in and i considered skipping weigh in due to TOM. Anyway I gained about 1 pound but I know if I stick to the plan I will be back down next week.

Hi to Judy, Bandit, Terri, and Princess. Hope I got everyone.

Itryharder
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Cherry, great WI considering TOM. Weigh to go! You'll have that off and more next week.

I gained 1.4# this week. I'm discounting it because I went out to dinner last night with dd and dh------salt alone does that. Had lots of options--WI tomorrow, no WI,, etc. but decided to face the scale. I'm not changing my ticker because I know this is temporary. Worked very hard this week to
knock off the mini vacation weight. I did it, and then last night had dinner out----ate well. It is so discouraging to eat out, eat well, and still gain weight. I'm ignoring it and doing the things I need to do to be successful.

Good luck to us all!
Judy

bandit2
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi turtles:

Life - nice job on your weight loss!

Cherry - glad you are doing well with your programme, we all have weight
fluctuations, and you will be back down in no time.

Terri - yes, looking forward to sitting around the campfire with the ladies -
will be lots of laughs and storytelling for sure.

Princess - great you can get out walking with your dogs and sitting on the deck sounds like a nice way to unwind at the end of the day.
My dd wants me to get a dog in the fall since I no longer have a pet and at times I think I would enjoy it but with working I would have to put the dog
in daycare with would be more expenses. But on the upside there are lots of times I miss having the company.

Judy - Glad you are on the right track and eating good this week & I know what you mean about the scale going up when you have one meal out,
happens to me as well & I get all frustrated.

Well, I am packing for my camping trip & leaving tomorrow afternoon - looking
forward to kicking back with my gfs and a well needed rest both physically & mentally is greatly needed. Planning on getting in some big walks/swims
since I know we will be having extra snacks & drinks.

All - good luck at the scale & will check in when I get back.

Princess1122
08-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all. I have my TOPS meeting and W/I tonight and need to get some house cleaning done... we have a full weekend of things to do and places to go so we are trying to figure out how it get it all fitted into the weekend.

Congrats to everyone that has had a loss this week and good luck to those that still need to W/I!

I have to run, busy day!

Princess1122
08-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Yah! Thrilled as usual that it is finally here :carrot:

I was down 1.2 at W/I last night so was happy about that but will keep at it... If I could just stop the big gains things would improve so that is my goal for now... to stop the big gains and have losses, even minor ones or turtles each week...

Bandit: I just love my dogs, they make my house a home. DH and I are pretty happy with adopting fully grown dogs, even older ones. It is nice when they are already potty trained and have calmed down a bit... don't get me wrong, puppies are just about the cutest thing that God ever put on the planet but they are a lot of work and take a lot of time. Our German Shep was a year old when we got him and he has been a really wonderful addition to our family, I would adopt another one like that again in a heart beat! Hope you have a wonderful time with your girlfriends!

Life: How are you doing so far this week?

Cherry: How are things with you? Having TOM makes it hard to lose on any diet program... ugh, wish it was different but it always seems to be that way... anyway, I am sure your W/I this week is going to be good!

Judy: The very best wishes to you for a wonderful Luau this weekend and heres to fabulous weather for your area!

Terri: How are you doing? Anything new up your way? So when do the temps start to really head into the cold weather up there? Seems to change down here and the cold weather can arrive anytime between Halloween and Christmas...

I have to run and have a busy weekend but will pop online when I can!

Itryharder
08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Gotta run and clean my house, but I *have* to congratulate Princess on her wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work. :goodscale: :balloons: :dancer: :cheers: Weigh to go. So glad your WI was great.
Judy
234.6/197/thinner :cool:

CherryAutumn
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I have not been doing so well but I am fighting it. I gave into a carb craving and now I am feeling addicted to it again. I have to find a better balance. It is not all or nothing. I end up gorging myself on PIZZA and then I hate myself for doing it. It is definately a hard habit to kick to the curb once you start.

Itryharder
08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Okay Cherry, take a deep breath. This is your good friend talking. Jenny Craig and Nutri-System are hard to stay with for a long time. You've done beautifully. And yes, once you load up on carbs again it's trickier to stay away from them. The point is that you can stay away from them. Dipping back in makes that a bit harder, but you have proved you can do this. You are doing this. It does not have to be all or nothing. You have had terrific success. When you wake up tomorrow, have the Nutri-system breakfast. Then at noon, have the lunch. You've got the picture. You can do this. The time will pass, you will get through this, and you'll be so proud of yourself.

To everybody, have a great weekend. I'm really looking forward to the luau and a lot of laughs. I had a good day food wise and that always makes me stronger.

Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner :cool: I will do this! :cheer:

seabiscuit
08-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Hello :)

What an awesome thread! I firmly believe in the turtles! The turtle was my inspiration to get me through college as odd as that sounds - "slow and steady wins the race" :)

I am doing pretty well, about 3 lbs down from my starting weight last time I saw at my doc's scale earlier this week. That makes me feel great, and I am in a smaller size pants too!

I was doing WW meetings but think I will just stick with the e-tools because of the cost and time. I will at least try that way out anyways. I was able to find a great weight loss buddy out through another website and we are encouraging to each other :cool:

Good luck to all of you!

terrod99
08-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey all Happy Saturday!

Welcome to seabiscuit! great group of gals (Turtles) here!

Getting ready to go to the lake, my sister is coming up with me, so should be a fun weekend, will be lots of laughs!

Cherry you must think one day or even one meal at a time!!!!!!! You are doing great just keep at it!!!!

Judy have a great party wish we could all be there!!!

Bandit I'm sure you are having a great gal weekend!

Life hope things are well with you and that you are keepin at it!!!

Princess All is well up here!!! We are still having 30 celsius days here the nights are finally getting a little cooler, our weather will really start to change like you say anywhere between halloween and christmas, one year we didnot have a significant snow fall until the middle of January. Winters haven't been too bad the last few years, when I was younger I remember way more snow and colder temps.

Keep at it gals we are winning the race!

Terri

Itryharder
08-20-2011, 10:49 AM
:welcome3: Seabiscuit! Glad to have you here and :goodscale: on your weight loss!

Terri, enjoy your time at the lake with your sister. :swim:

All goes well here. I'll start a new thread and see you all at #261, bale of turtles Keepin' On!
Judy