Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/1

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/1

Pxlkitty4
08-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Pxlkitty4
08-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Porthardygurl -- congrats on all your SVs and NSVs over the weekend. This program really does free you from all the cravings once your body is done with the carb detox. I'm so glad that you are seeing the benefits and having success!

I didn't sleep well last night. I need to shower and get ready to go off to coach meeting. Guess I need to email my order. I will definitely be going to bed early tonight to make up for lost sleep.

Have a good week, everyone!

petie
08-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm looking forward to an early night also (already).
wuvb2bloved-Thank you for a masterful insight on my behalf last night. I'm so grateful for that very sweet check on my sanity. ;)
August??Wow! Better and Better.

cadenlevi
08-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Had a pretty uneventful weekend, but did receive my shipment from Nashua Nutrition and so far everything I've tasted has been fantastic! I'm looking forward to being in the 140s this week. I also am going to start walking again in prep for a 5k run in October. I didn't get a chance to read the entire weekend thread so I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and here's to another OP week!! Have a great day everyone!

Jazzie
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Good morning! I had a quiet weekend. I am hoping to cross over into the 140's this week. I haven't seen my self this low since I was a young girl. I hope everyone has a good week.

rachelearth
08-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone.

Pxlkitty4 and petie, me too! I have been wide awake since before 3 am! What was it with last night! lol. Hopefully tonight would be a better night.

Had a great weekend. Stayed OP 100%. Went biking with my husband. At first I told him I wasn't going, but then I LOVE our time together biking, it is very enjoyable. So I told him I would go, but as soon as I felt weak I would return. I went and felt pretty energized. I did an 8 mile loop. Both days. Of course I added an omelet of 2 white egg to my breakfast so I think that might have helped.

In the afternoons we took the kids to the beach and park respectively on Saturday and Sunday, and I did not feel run down or anything. So I was very glad.

Funny thing, I cut myself people watching, lol, well actually more like lady watching, lol. Everywhere I went I was checking women around us out, and there were many in shape women around. I started daydreaming that maybe in six months I be thinner! I hope so.

Still have not step on the scale. I am measuring my successes with how close I have stayed with the protocol. Today is my sixth day and I am going strong.

I still get hungry. But it is honest a goodness hunger. Because I don't crave anything particular, I just want to eat something and not to be hungry. When it is not a meal time, I go for my lettuce without even thinking. I have gotten into habit of cutting and washing my lettuce first thing in the morning and with my pitcher of water I have them in my kitchen counter. As soon as I feel hungry I either go for a glass of ice water or eat some lettuce. Very manageable.

Have a great day everyone.

calee
08-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Jazzie and Caden, me too on hoping to step into the 140's this week!!! Let's do it!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I never thought I'd have the type of success that I've seen here on this support board because I'm getting so close to the end of my journey. What a surprise for me that it actually worked for me, even using the alternative products. My first goal is to see anything under 150 on the scale. My top weight was 249.8 so I'm close to my 100 gone. YAY!

WI #1 -4.6 pinch me please because I just don't believe it.

Started last Monday @ 155, this morning 150.4. So close to my first goal.

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Good morning all! I am excited for weigh in tomorrow as the scale is definitely going down here at home. Success breeds success! I like it! I read a new Johnathan Kellerman book yesterday instead of working on my remodel in my bedroom. It was too hot in there! So everyone here is to a good day! I WILL NOT CHEAT, it's not worth it!

Pxlkitty4
08-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I am down another 2lbs! Gotta run and get to work.

MInewgoal
08-01-2011, 09:44 AM

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Yay for you!!!

I was visited by the whoosh fairy this past week. I was quite shocked tbh. Thought for sure that I'd have a slow week, but hey..Not complaining at all!!!!!!

So, I hit the 50 pounds lost on IP, and I'm only 12 away from goal. Not sure I'll reach it before I have to phase off due to Money issues, but I will still consider my journey a Roaring success, even if I don't hit it.

I contribute my success to all the awesome support here on this boards. :hug::hug:

pselias
08-01-2011, 10:00 AM

I was visited by the whoosh fairy this past week. I was quite shocked tbh. Thought for sure that I'd have a slow week, but hey..Not complaining at all!!!!!!

So, I hit the 50 pounds lost on IP, and I'm only 12 away from goal. Not sure I'll reach it before I have to phase off due to Money issues, but I will still consider my journey a Roaring success, even if I don't hit it.

I contribute my success to all the awesome support here on this boards. :hug::hug:

That is so great!!! :hug:

So my husband has been wanting to start the diet, but travels all week for work. We didn't think we could make it work. This weekend we scouted our local stores for IP friendly alternatives, and he started yesterday. he lasted 5 hours! :dizzy: He's going to start over this morning with work to distract him from being hungry. Yesterday he was too bored and thinking about it too much - or so he says. Funny thing is, his weight problem is from only eating once a day!!! (and a former Red Bull addict :) ) So I don't get why he was so hungry! I really want him to stick with it. It would be nice if we could do this together when he is home.

Pauley
08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Just checked out the before/after photos for mynew and pxl. Thanks for being my inspiration this morning! You guys are awesome! You too Calee. I didn't see any photos, but your loss is amazing!

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM

Congrats on your losses! I love all the support here at 3FC! It's great! And Minewgoal you definitely are a "Roaring success"! WAy to go!

Pxlkitty4
08-01-2011, 10:40 AM

YAY! I am SO happy for you.

Congrats on your losses! I love all the support here at 3FC! It's great! And Minewgoal you definitely are a "Roaring success"! WAy to go!

Thanks!

M0vingon
08-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Hay all! Happy provincial holiday to all those who have the day off.
I'm fresh off of my weekend at my friend's house. It was a wonderful visit. I stayed OP for the better part of it, but I didn't get in enough veggies overall. The one cheat meal was nice, but I felt the effects of it after. I was the only one who didn't drink- I was on water and club soda all weekend and it didn't bother me at all. I was OP yesterday and back to it full force today.
Today is about getting ready for my trip with the kids this weekend. Planning, packing, etc. I hope my Nashua shipment comes soon so I have more packets to take along.
I'm looking forward to August and another 10 lbs gone by the time it's over :).

Bellamack
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Had a pretty uneventful weekend, but did receive my shipment from Nashua Nutrition and so far everything I've tasted has been fantastic! I'm looking forward to being in the 140s this week. I also am going to start walking again in prep for a 5k run in October. I didn't get a chance to read the entire weekend thread so I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and here's to another OP week!! Have a great day everyone!

Let us know what you ordered!

Porthardygurl
08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Well Good morning!

This wasnt the most perfect day to step on the scale..my body decided to retain a pound and a bit of water due to the evil TOM.. It came late this time around..but im just glad it came... wouldnt want any more babies at this moment in time..

I think i might just forgo the whole stepping on the scale thing this week..i dont think it will be very accurate for the next couple of days..

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping from too much energy? It takes me forever to go to bed now..im like up at 7 something every morning now and i end up not being able to take my nap like i used to and then i dont get to bed till like 1 or 2 am..and i cant get to sleep! Its like im wide awake! like someone gave me several shots of caffiene..but the funny thing is i dont drink caffiene..Im not a coffee drinker at all..im not drinking pop at all...im not eating sugar..at all...so its like..totally the ketosis thing...and im so not used to it..Im used to being so tired and drowsy that i dont have the energy to do anything...and now im like SPROING BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE... Maybe im just not used to being healthier and having so much energy..maybe i wasnt supposed to feel fatigued as i had been before i got on this diet????? I used to nap twice a day for like an hour each time...and now..nothing...

Bellamack
08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Congrats to all!

I am just not losing like others and I have alot to lose. Today I start my second month on IP. I started on July1st and in 31 days only lost 11 lbs and I did not cheat once. Needless to say, I did not make my 15 lbs goal by a long shot. I am hoping August will be better. :)

brummie
08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
What a great Monday morning...Congrats to everyone on the losses and NSV's!
Whirlybird68 asked "You and I have the same weight goals almost. You joined in April? Is that when you started IP? Have you cheated at all, i see you are consistenly losing. Do you exercise any?"

Hi, yes I started IP at 190 on April 9th. I have not cheated and I contribute my consistant losses to that. I walk the dogs every day (except last week when i was exceptionally lazy...and incidently had the biggest loss since week one...but my dogs don't want to hear any of that nonsense!).
It's been said many times...this diet is easy, it's just really strict...I think that even though i was attracted to the easy part initially, I really needed the strictness of the plan, because that has kicked me in the butt and forced me to reassess my relationship with food.
Life is short, there is no doubt. But, man...when you start this program, you think time is moving so slow and the losses may not be coming fast enough...but 4 months into it and i can't believe how quickly I got here!
Good luck to you all...if I have any advice at all it would be to focus your attention on staying OP...not on the numbers on the scale. If you stay true to the program, the numbers will catch up, I promise.
Have a happy and safe week everyone!

Texasgirl123
08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Hello,
My name is Terri. Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. I had the crispy cereal for breakfast. Looking forward to getting to know you!:carrot:

murleya1
08-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I am hoping to make it to 30 pounds loss with my weigh in today. I weigh in after work so on Mondays I spend a good amount of time day dreaming about weight loss. Euphoria.

This weekend my sister came by. She is also on the diet and started about 1-2 sizes smaller than me and now her clothes don't fit so she gave them to me. Funny thing is that I gave her a pair of shorts that I grew out of a few years back and she gave them back to me. I am have not tried them on yet. Maybe tonight. But I did try on some shorts and they were size 16. They fit great. So I am happy to anounce I am out of size 18 pants. Granted I still have my size 18's.

Also my BF and I were out shopping this weekend and I saw the cutest tankini swim suit. I normally have to buy my suits online as the regular sizes were just a little small and the bigger size suits at most stores are not cute at all. Anyway I am going to Vegas at the end of this month. The suit is a little small right now, but with another 4 weeks of loss I am pretty sure it will fit just right when I am on my trip. Also bonus it was on sale so I only spent 16 dollars!

Have a great week all!

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Good morning! I woke up with the worst cramps I have ever had with TOM. Anyone else experience this? I was still up a little from Saturday this morning but not as much as yesterday. Hoping for a good loss even though TOM is here.

Porthardygurl
08-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Good morning! I woke up with the worst cramps I have ever had with TOM. Anyone else experience this? I was still up a little from Saturday this morning but not as much as yesterday. Hoping for a good loss even though TOM is here.

Oh your brave!! I wont dare touch a scale when TOM comes by...oooh TOM is a mean mean thing.. TOM doesnt get along well with the scale..so i keep the two apart! And yes i get the cramps part..today was the first time in a long time i have had to take tylenol for the pain...

:hug: Hang in there..it should only last a week or so anyway....Im just thankful that i dont crave anything chocolate.

becca1978
08-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Good morning. I had a pretty uneventful weekend, so that make it easier to stay on track.

I was down to 148 this morning. The lowest that I have been since I have had kids was 147.9. So I am almost there. I still don't feel thin yet. My current goal at the coach's office is 140, but I may try to push it to 135.

justamom
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Since I will be 54 next week TOM is not an issue for me. LOL However a close friend who started the plan first had huge issues around her cycle. She lost 80 pounds since March and it did regulate itself finally. She is at goal and looks awesome! When people at work ask me what program I am ding I just say Ariel's diet and everyone knows!

stolaf
08-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I did my second weigh in and I lost 5.75 pounds last week!! I am so happy and feel terrific!

MInewgoal
08-01-2011, 12:05 PM

abbykitty1126
08-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Mine started this morning along with the HORRIBLE cramps. I also noticed my TOM starts very late. I normally have a 30-32 day cycle since I've been OP it has been averaging 36-37 days.

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Mine started this morning along with the HORRIBLE cramps. I also noticed my TOM starts very late. I normally have a 30-32 day cycle since I've been OP it has been averaging 36-37 days.

I had TOM 24 days ago so I wasn't expecting it until the middle of this week sometime. I was 4 days late last time so I really didn't expect it to be early. Maybe it will be gone by Thurs when I weigh and the woosh fairy can come for a quick visit. I rode to work with my husband today and I was buckled over half the way in pain and I've never had cramps like this. And also TMI, it was super heavy all night. That is also not normal for me.

pselias
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Dear whoosh fairy,
If you're not doing anything Wednesday, maybe you'd like to have lunch with me? We can throw back a few bottles of water, snack on some zucchini chips... What do you say? I'd like to rekindle our friendship.

Best wishes,
pselias

Louisiana chick
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Dear whoosh fairy,
If you're not doing anything Wednesday, maybe you'd like to have lunch with me? We can throw back a few bottles of water, snack on some zucchini chips... What do you say? I'd like to rekindle our friendship.

Best wishes,
pselias

I wish the whoosh fairy would visit us often. Hoping that she visits you this week.

leganegan
08-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Well Good morning!

This wasnt the most perfect day to step on the scale..my body decided to retain a pound and a bit of water due to the evil TOM.. It came late this time around..but im just glad it came... wouldnt want any more babies at this moment in time..

I think i might just forgo the whole stepping on the scale thing this week..i dont think it will be very accurate for the next couple of days..

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping from too much energy? It takes me forever to go to bed now..im like up at 7 something every morning now and i end up not being able to take my nap like i used to and then i dont get to bed till like 1 or 2 am..and i cant get to sleep! Its like im wide awake! like someone gave me several shots of caffiene..but the funny thing is i dont drink caffiene..Im not a coffee drinker at all..im not drinking pop at all...im not eating sugar..at all...so its like..totally the ketosis thing...and im so not used to it..Im used to being so tired and drowsy that i dont have the energy to do anything...and now im like SPROING BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE... Maybe im just not used to being healthier and having so much energy..maybe i wasnt supposed to feel fatigued as i had been before i got on this diet????? I used to nap twice a day for like an hour each time...and now..nothing...

Yes! And I feel super energetic when I talk to people, I didn't sleep well last night and I still feel like I have tons of energy. I am sure I was having too many Sunday Fundays in my pre-IP days, waking up after an evening of wine was not fun. I am enjoying this feeling of energy and healthiness. :trampo:
i am sure that nap made you groggier...

cadenlevi
08-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Let us know what you ordered!

I ordered the chocolate drink (3g carbs vs 8 in the IP), NY Cheesecake pudding (AUHMAZING), variety of splenda drinks (haven't had any yet), honey oat cereal (super yummy but I eat it dry since 1 oz of milk isn't enough), cream of broccoli soup (in queque for this week), veggie beef soup (also in queque for this week), variety of crispy bars and variety of non crispy bars, and strawbery banana jello. I got a months worth of food for 135 vs 335 for the IP products. They will send you three samples for an order over $29. They sent me a yogurt covered cookie and I had it for my restricted yesterday - yummy!!!

Marijaux
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I did my second weigh in and I lost 5.75 pounds last week!! I am so happy and feel terrific!

Wow, that is really good. Keep up the good work.

leganegan
08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I ordered the chocolate drink (3g carbs vs 8 in the IP), NY Cheesecake pudding (AUHMAZING), variety of splenda drinks (haven't had any yet), honey oat cereal (super yummy but I eat it dry since 1 oz of milk isn't enough), cream of broccoli soup (in queque for this week), veggie beef soup (also in queque for this week), variety of crispy bars and variety of non crispy bars, and strawbery banana jello. I got a months worth of food for 135 vs 335 for the IP products. They will send you three samples for an order over $29. They sent me a yogurt covered cookie and I had it for my restricted yesterday - yummy!!!

good to know for when I reach my goal! Which product are you purchasing on the site, I know there a quite a few?

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Dear whoosh fairy,

Best wishes,
pselias

And if you're in South Dakota anyway, why don't you stop on by my place Wed also!

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 02:20 PM
And if you're in South Dakota anyway, why don't you stop on by my place Wed also!

You guys are so funny! But, I know for a fact the WHOOSH FAIRY will be in Montana tomorrow! LOL

cadenlevi
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
good to know for when I reach my goal! Which product are you purchasing on the site, I know there a quite a few?

HealthSmart and Protidiet :-)

Lucky Chick
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Congrats to all!

I am just not losing like others and I have alot to lose. Today I start my second month on IP. I started on July1st and in 31 days only lost 11 lbs and I did not cheat once. Needless to say, I did not make my 15 lbs goal by a long shot. I am hoping August will be better. :)

I'm sure you're frustrated, but hang in there. I averaged about 2.7 lbs a week during my time on IP. You are almost averaging 3. Although that is lower than some, you might be losing more inches. Does your coach measure you each week??

Try to stick with it... shoot for 100 oz of water a day, eat your salads and stay the course. I bet this week will be a bigger week since last week wasn't. :hug:

becca1978
08-01-2011, 02:42 PM

I was just thinking about that this morning. I need to start making a list of the good alternative products that I want to buy.

Bellamack
08-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm sure you're frustrated, but hang in there. I averaged about 2.7 lbs a week during my time on IP. You are almost averaging 3. Although that is lower than some, you might be losing more inches. Does your coach measure you each week??

Try to stick with it... shoot for 100 oz of water a day, eat your salads and stay the course. I bet this week will be a bigger week since last week wasn't. :hug:

Thanks for the encouragement. I still weighed exactly the same this morning. Hoping for a big "whoosh" friday. If I am going to slow down, I may switch to alternative in Sept. I have committed myself to stay OP with IP product for the month of august and then reevaluate. I will keep posting and getting all the advice I can. No my coach doesn't measure each week, I will get measured this week again. Thanks again.

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
You guys are so funny! But, I know for a fact the WHOOSH FAIRY will be in Montana tomorrow! LOL

If she vistis Montana tomorrow she should be able to hit SD by Wed. ;)

pselias
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM

That's cool, as long as she keeps heading east for WIs in SD on Wednesday! :D

Princess Jessica
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! :) I couldn't be happier.
I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/239732-progress-pictures.html#post3967471

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week. :hug:

Busymomx4
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi, my name is Christyne and i just started IP today. They sell it at a gym i walk by everyday to go to work and last week i finally decided to look into it. I have about 145lbs to lose, in the past few years, no diet has worked (which they did before). I actually should be called for gastric bypass in the next 6-8 months so this is my last effort to avoid surgery.

I'm 37, engaged but refuse to get married weighting this much. We are a blended family, I have 3 kids and he has one (with us full-time) so our kids are 14, 12, 10 and 9. So between the kids, working full-time, the animals (1 dog and 4 cats), I have been really lazy about working on myself and really haven’t made the effort to.

But now it has changed, I read a lot on IP and saw that it really has mixed reviews. What is appealing to me is that it should (hopefully) give me some quick results which is always encouraging.

I actually have a couple of questions:

Why is it that the program doesn't change regardless how much someone weights?
Are we allowed to use crystal light or something similar to add flavor to water?

Thanks and congratulations to all of you for your great weight loss.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Jazzie and Caden, me too on hoping to step into the 140's this week!!! Let's do it!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I never thought I'd have the type of success that I've seen here on this support board because I'm getting so close to the end of my journey. What a surprise for me that it actually worked for me, even using the alternative products. My first goal is to see anything under 150 on the scale. My top weight was 249.8 so I'm close to my 100 gone. YAY!

Started last Monday @ 155, this morning 150.4. So close to my first goal.That is a great weight loss for one week... congrats on getting close to your 100 lb weight loss.

I am down another 2lbs! Gotta run and get to work.Congrats you are an inspiration

I contribute my success to all the awesome support here on this boards. :hug::hug:I am so excited for you, you can do the 12 lbs left and if you have to phase off try the alternatives for a month, I think you will find they are much cheaper, not as good in taste but... how did your interview go? I hope it was a success. We are the same height and weight goal so I hope we both succeed in the next month getting close to our goals.

Hay all! Happy provincial holiday to all those who have the day off.
I'm fresh off of my weekend at my friend's house. It was a wonderful visit. I stayed OP for the better part of it, but I didn't get in enough veggies overall. The one cheat meal was nice, but I felt the effects of it after. I was the only one who didn't drink- I was on water and club soda all weekend and it didn't bother me at all. I was OP yesterday and back to it full force today.
Today is about getting ready for my trip with the kids this weekend. Planning, packing, etc. I hope my Nashua shipment comes soon so I have more packets to take along.
I'm looking forward to August and another 10 lbs gone by the time it's over :).Have to tell you I was reading your post when you said you were going to your bff's and that she was sending away her husband I thought wow now thats an open marriage .... see I didn't see it was you Cindy and I thought it said Boyfriend... oh man was I confused... Cindy I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and I am proud of you for staying OP (except for once) you did good girl!:hug::hug:

Well Good morning!

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping from too much energy? It takes me forever to go to bed now..im like up at 7 something every morning now and i end up not being able to take my nap like i used to and then i dont get to bed till like 1 or 2 am..and i cant get to sleep! Its like im wide awake! like someone gave me several shots of caffiene..but the funny thing is i dont drink caffiene..Im not a coffee drinker at all..im not drinking pop at all...im not eating sugar..at all...so its like..totally the ketosis thing...and im so not used to it..Im used to being so tired and drowsy that i dont have the energy to do anything...and now im like SPROING BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE... Maybe im just not used to being healthier and having so much energy..maybe i wasnt supposed to feel fatigued as i had been before i got on this diet????? I used to nap twice a day for like an hour each time...and now..nothing...Healthier and you sound happier as well. This is great... I would wait a few days because of TOM before stepping on the scale... good luck.

Congrats to all!

I am just not losing like others and I have alot to lose. Today I start my second month on IP. I started on July1st and in 31 days only lost 11 lbs and I did not cheat once. Needless to say, I did not make my 15 lbs goal by a long shot. I am hoping August will be better. :)Bella, were you the one that was drinking propel? because your coach said it was okay? this could be you are having a slow time... just keep going it will get easier and drink your water I drink a lot of water when I am having slow wis even though it averages out to 3.03 lbs so that is still good, but lots of water and more cucumbers I have been told.:hug:

Hello,
My name is Terri. Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. I had the crispy cereal for breakfast. Looking forward to getting to know you!:carrot:Welcome Terri, you have made a wise choice in your diet program... this diet works just follow it and your body does the rest.

I did my second weigh in and I lost 5.75 pounds last week!! I am so happy and feel terrific!Congrats that is great... so proud!

Dear whoosh fairy,

Best wishes,
pseliasSorry ladies after the whoosh fairy stops off in Montana it is heading north to Alberta and then may go through Saskatchewan to both North Dakota and South... Hopefully it arrives in time for your WIs.:hug:

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Well as of this morning I am down 33 pounds in 8 weeks! :) I couldn't be happier.
I wasn't really noticing a difference in how I looked, though, so I decided to take some progress pictures... and WOW. I LOVE IP.... It is amazing how much I didn't notice changing, especially when I looked at the comparison.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/239732-progress-pictures.html#post3967471

I hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!!! Sorry I haven't been on the threads much... I will do better this week. :hug:

You look great!

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I have to ask, is anyone as number happy as me? For instance, I REALLY want to be a certain weight by the 18th, my 10th anniversary. (What I want is actually HALF way to goal.) I am, as of last Thursday, 10.9 from that goal. That means I need to lose about 3.6 a week for the next 3 weeks to reach it. I have lost that the last 2 weeks but with TOM I'm not sure I'll make it quite there this week. Anyway, it seems like every week I'm figuring numbers of some sort. Am I the only one? I don't let it stress me, it just gives me something to shoot for.

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi, my name is Christyne and i just started IP today. They sell it at a gym i walk by everyday to go to work and last week i finally decided to look into it. I have about 145lbs to lose, in the past few years, no diet has worked (which they did before). I actually should be called for gastric bypass in the next 6-8 months so this is my last effort to avoid surgery.

I'm 37, engaged but refuse to get married weighting this much. We are a blended family, I have 3 kids and he has one (with us full-time) so our kids are 14, 12, 10 and 9. So between the kids, working full-time, the animals (1 dog and 4 cats), I have been really lazy about working on myself and really havenít made the effort to.

But now it has changed, I read a lot on IP and saw that it really has mixed reviews. What is appealing to me is that it should (hopefully) give me some quick results which is always encouraging.

Are we allowed to use crystal light or something similar to add flavor to water?

:welcome: You'll find a lot of good support and info here!

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 03:30 PM

You look amazing! Hope I can do the same.

gettinmygrooveback
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Excellent! I too have lost 33# in 8 weeks. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I am a totally changed person! I wish I would have had the presence of mind to take the same type of photos you have. I believe there are enough overweight pictures of me out there that I didn't care to take another. My avatar is at a 26# loss.

You should be so proud!......

leganegan
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Well today my coach came to me at work, such a convenience! I could get used to that! ;)

I lost 2.2lbs, total 8.4 in two weeks! I had jenni-O turkey sausage last night with my miracle noodles and zucchini , and didn’t realize turkey sausage is not allowed…oops should have known it tasted so good.
I lost 2inches from my waist since last week.

I should be where I want to be by a wedding in October!
Next challenge…a rehearsal dinner AND wedding this weekend! Ugh! I should move far, far away where I have no friends and family, and events to tempt me. There’s always something!!!! Tom is coming this weekend too….JOY! I WISH THE WHOOSH FAIRY WOULD VISIT AND BRING SOME WILLPOWER DUST!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!!!

justamom
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Well do you think the whoosh fairy has time to get to Alaska by Thursday morning?

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Well do you think the whoosh fairy has time to get to Alaska by Thursday morning?

Maybe there is more than one Whoosh FAiry! We can hope!

Bellamack
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
2RIDE,
Yes, I am the one that was drinking Propel and my coach kept upping how much each week, then others on here thought maybe that could be the problem, so I haven't had any since friday. I am drinking ~100 oz of pure, filtered H2O. We shall see as of this morning, same exact wait for 17 days now, doesn't seem right on this program. I have not cheated at all.

Princess Jessica,
WOW! You have really made progress, you look awesome. Congrats.

jennydoodle
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM

I'm 37, engaged but refuse to get married weighting this much. We are a blended family, I have 3 kids and he has one (with us full-time) so our kids are 14, 12, 10 and 9. So between the kids, working full-time, the animals (1 dog and 4 cats), I have been really lazy about working on myself and really havenít made the effort to.

Welcome! I would highly recommend reading all of the "sticky" threads to get as much information as possible. The results on IP are absolutely amazing and you will definitely see progress quickly. This should help keep you on track!

I don't know the answer to your 1st question, but we cannot have anything with aspartame so Crystal Light is out. There is a water enhancer called Mio that I believe is acceptable.

patns
08-01-2011, 04:46 PM

That's an easy jaunt for the whoosh Fairy, Alaska's not far from Alberta as a bee or a fairy flies! Maybe all us northen people should chip in to buy our own whoosh fairy so she comes around more often.

Ishbel
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Hey Everyone,

Survived the long weekend here in Saskatchewan a few NSV's.

My 19 year old cousin came to visit and I took him to the Sask Rider and Calgary Stamps game (Cdn football)...surrounded by all this yummy gross greasy food....the SMELL was so good. I went prepared though as I had my dill pickle zippers. I cooked him a homemade egg mcmuffin both mornings (with turkey bacon)...spent some time touring around my town and bought him some gelato...very tough weekend. WHICH leads me to this comment.....CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who do this with a family. It was/is very hard to be around food constantly on this diet.

As much as I want to live with my bf right now I think this diet is easier in my own house as I can remove the temptations and it won't be difficult/hard for anyone else. The VIP (the boyfriend) can have his goodies, but they are at HIS house....so when I'm there I can stay away as I'm prepared, but they aren't in my face at all times. At some point I know I'll have to have them around me and will have to have control but for now it's just easier to have them away from me.

Seriously, way to go you guys...I'm not sure I would be this focused if I didn't just have to worry about myself.

M0vingon
08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Have to tell you I was reading your post when you said you were going to your bff's and that she was sending away her husband I thought wow now thats an open marriage .... see I didn't see it was you Cindy and I thought it said Boyfriend... oh man was I confused... Cindy I am glad you had a wonderful weekend and I am proud of you for staying OP (except for once) you did good girl!:hug::hug:

ROFL! Yeah, I love her, but not like that. :D
As always, thanks for the support.:hug: The party is over and I'm back at it full force now.

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Jessica, you look great keep it up.

Looks like a few of us want the whoosh fairy to slide by this week. I would like to hit 60lbs this week OR out of the 330"s so we will see what happens on Wednesday! Also looks like TOM is visiting a lot this week as well so y'all all know what that means with the scales but don't get discouraged it will just come off the next week. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with TOM any longer.

I am steadily drinking my gallons of water and stay in the bathroom but I don't mind one bit since its fat coming out. The more I drink the more I lose soooo its water water and more water! my boys make fun of me because I am always drinking water they said I am going to float away....haha....Gotta love them.

My youngest weighs 327 and I weigh 333 I told him I am catching up to him. So he goes back to college on Aug 14th, he will be 4 hours away from home He said we are going to have a challenge of who can lose more. I said ok buddy you are ON. I know he will lose more than me because he goes to the gym 3-4 hours a day after classes but if it gives him encouragement, I am all about it! I am going to try to get my oldest to start using alternative he weighs around 280. We are some BIG people...ha

JoseyM
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Well Good morning!

Port, I have NEVER had problems falling asleep and I am experiencing the same thing, it is quite annyoying!!!

JudoGirl
08-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone..Wow my head has been spinning and I've been very busy..I'm so excited I have some girls doing great on program and losing weight the difference is showing and they are sooo happy. Its really makes me tickled when they come in and lose the weight..

I have changed so much since this time last year..I hit 50 and wanted to change my life and I did....and I am so much younger and happier now..
My birthday is Wed and its cause for great celebration..
My son is so cute..he came over last night and he made up a cake recipe
out of protein powder and chocolate sugar free putting for the icing..
he said one piece was probably about 75 grams of protein....he is just too funny and what a very thoughtful generous gift..First cake he ever baked and actually It was good...Have a great day

Watkat
08-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone..Wow my head has been spinning and I've been very busy..I'm so excited I have some girls doing great on program and losing weight the difference is showing and they are sooo happy. Its really makes me tickled when they come in and lose the weight..

I have changed so much since this time last year..I hit 50 and wanted to change my life and I did....and I am so much younger and happier now..
My birthday is Wed and its cause for great celebration..
My son is so cute..he came over last night and he made up a cake recipe
out of protein powder and chocolate sugar free putting for the icing..
he said one piece was probably about 75 grams of protein....he is just too funny and what a very thoughtful generous gift..First cake he ever baked and actually It was good...Have a great day

Awww..that was so sweet of him to make you a cake! What a sweetie!
Since I probably won't remember your birthday on Wednesday here you go.....

:celebrate::bday2you::bday2::hb::woo::gift:

Bellamack
08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
How nice :)

murleya1
08-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Back from my weigh in. Down another 3pounds! So I have to post to see my updated signature.

Watkat
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Back from my weigh in. Down another 3pounds! So I have to post to see my updated signature.

Woohoo! Congrats!

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Where is Josey tonight? she has not reported how her first day back to school went. I am anxiously waiting because I did not get a text from her so I am assuming it was a good day!

Watkat
08-01-2011, 09:06 PM
She's online.

JoseyM
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Where is Josey tonight? she has not reported how her first day back to school went. I am anxiously waiting because I did not get a text from her so I am assuming it was a good day!
OKay, I am here, I did survive....so it was not difficult, other than around 2pm I was STARVING....but did okay, until....don don donooooooonnnnn..... I went to racetrac to get an unsweetened iced tea and a pack of peanuts, had 15-20 nuts ...... I KNOW, I KNOW wuv2B no text..... my phone stinks, I may as well throw it away, doesn't work when I need it too.....anway, other than that, OP all day. Overcoming the hunger wasn't that bad. Too busy at school trying to move into the new school, locate all our stuff and be ready for Open HOuse Thursday........Have to go by the clinic tomorrow to get some more drink/pudding type stuff, just noticed I have too many restricted items. Also, want a drink handy in case I have to have something between 2-4 I can add a drink (pina colada maybe)....Wuv....... I WIll be texting you everyday to check in, it will be too easy to not be accountable going back to school, but I think Iwill be okay.....Just got in from another trip to OFfice Max....ughhhhhhh.....and am not sleepy at all :)

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Congrats to all!

Hello,
My name is Terri. Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. I had the crispy cereal for breakfast. Looking forward to getting to know you!:carrot:

I am hoping to make it to 30 pounds loss with my weigh in today. I weigh in after work so on Mondays I spend a good amount of time day dreaming about weight loss. Euphoria.

This weekend my sister came by. She is also on the diet and started about 1-2 sizes smaller than me and now her clothes don't fit so she gave them to me. Funny thing is that I gave her a pair of shorts that I grew out of a few years back and she gave them back to me. I am have not tried them on yet. Maybe tonight. But I did try on some shorts and they were size 16. They fit great. So I am happy to anounce I am out of size 18 pants. Granted I still have my size 18's.

Also my BF and I were out shopping this weekend and I saw the cutest tankini swim suit. I normally have to buy my suits online as the regular sizes were just a little small and the bigger size suits at most stores are not cute at all. Anyway I am going to Vegas at the end of this month. The suit is a little small right now, but with another 4 weeks of loss I am pretty sure it will fit just right when I am on my trip. Also bonus it was on sale so I only spent 16 dollars!

Have a great week all!

Dear whoosh fairy,

Best wishes,
pselias

I wish the whoosh fairy would visit us often. Hoping that she visits you this week.

OKay, I am here, I did survive....so it was not difficult, other than around 2pm I was STARVING....but did okay, until....don don donooooooonnnnn..... I went to racetrac to get an unsweetened iced tea and a pack of peanuts, had 15-20 nuts ...... I KNOW, I KNOW wuv2B no text..... my phone stinks, I may as well throw it away, doesn't work when I need it too.....anway, other than that, OP all day. Overcoming the hunger wasn't that bad. Too busy at school trying to move into the new school, locate all our stuff and be ready for Open HOuse Thursday........Have to go by the clinic tomorrow to get some more drink/pudding type stuff, just noticed I have too many restricted items. Also, want a drink handy in case I have to have something between 2-4 I can add a drink (pina colada maybe)....Wuv....... I WIll be texting you everyday to check in, it will be too easy to not be accountable going back to school, but I think Iwill be okay.....Just got in from another trip to OFfice Max....ughhhhhhh.....and am not sleepy at all :)

You BOUGHT peanuts????...grrrrrr......You need to start a pot of everytime you want peanuts put money into so you can get a reward for not eating them!!

JoseyM
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
You BOUGHT peanuts????...grrrrrr......You need to start a pot of everytime you want peanuts put money into so you can get a reward for not eating them!!
I was so hungry and emotional...more emotional than hungry.......and did not have a bar or drink with me, I need to text YOU before I do it........ I don't htink it will screw me up, but I do need to stop....... have a headache today too :( tom soon????? idk...... hope tomorrow is better.

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Well you need to have an extra drink or something. Keep those emotions in check chicky!! try the sea salt for the headache

thinkthin135
08-01-2011, 09:43 PM

WOW! :carrot: Congratulations. You look amazing. I wish I was losing as fast as you. I've been on the program 7 weeks and have lost 26 lbs. I don't have any before and after pictures - I'll have to start doing that from here on out. Keep up the great work.

JoseyM
08-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Well you need to have an extra drink or something. Keep those emotions in check chicky!! try the sea salt for the headache
thanks wuv2, I always forget about that.....going to take it now :)

JoseyM
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Princess, you look amazing :) YOu should be very proud. I have not taken any pictures, don't like looking at myself :( but you r awesome :)

gettinmygrooveback
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Praying for sleep tonight......:(

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Sending sheep your way to count!!

Jazzie
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM

Started last Monday @ 155, this morning 150.4. So close to my first goal.
That is just great. Let's do it and let me know how it goes with you this week? The support here is great and we don't feel all alone.

calee
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats to all!

Stick with it. Eating healthy has to pay off for you. Staying away from all of the sugar/flour etc just have to give you results. Are you eating enough??

cadenlevi
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
That is just great. Let's do it and let me know how it goes with you this week? The support here is great and we don't feel all alone.

This site is what has gotten me through the first couple weeks of the diet. I had an intentional oops and an unintentional oops but so far, I have lost an average of 2.5 pounds per week after the first initial big loss :-) We can do it!!

Travel Gal
08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Today is my "Friday" and I'm super excited. There were a couple days at work that were major temptations due to stress, pizza ordering, and a big plate of brownies and cookies being set down right next me to. But I didn't give in to any of it, so I'm pretty proud of myself :-)

Wednesday is my 3rd WI so I'm pretty excited for that, and to buy some new food that I haven't tried yet. Has anyone had the cookies n cream bars? Are they good? I've had the Vanilla Peanut ones and love them but kind of want to see how I like the cookies n cream.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and a sane Monday!

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Today is my "Friday" and I'm super excited. There were a couple days at work that were major temptations due to stress, pizza ordering, and a big plate of brownies and cookies being set down right next me to. But I didn't give in to any of it, so I'm pretty proud of myself :-)

Wednesday is my 3rd WI so I'm pretty excited for that, and to buy some new food that I haven't tried yet. Has anyone had the cookies n cream bars? Are they good? I've had the Vanilla Peanut ones and love them but kind of want to see how I like the cookies n cream.

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and a sane Monday!

Cookies and cream are awesome so is the lemon poppy seed. Actually all of the bars are yummy to me, but everyone is different! Congrats on the NSV with the temptations...give yourself a pat on the back for that one!

Sherwood
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM

I heard a couple of good tips about sleeping (I'm a chronic "squirrel brain" when I get into bed - can't stop thinking) :)

The first is to turn off anything electronic half an hour before bed. Apparently the t.v., computer. etc. overstimulate part of your brain, making it more difficult to fall asleep. The second is once you're in bed, instead of sheep, starting counting backwards from 1,000 by 3's.

MJKinMN
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Whew~ what a week!

My NSV for the week is that I managed to make it through a week where my kids were home and not one cheat! I did not taste one lick of hamburger cheese dip or chocolate chip cookies and I was very proud of myself. My DH's b-day was also over the weekend and I also managed to dodge my in law's repeated requests of joining them with a small slice of apple pie and ice cream cake. I stuck to my guns and explained what I could have and could not have and why and asked them straight up to support me in my weight loss efforts. By the end of the weekend my mother in law was telling my DH how proud she was of me for sticking to my diet and not giving in to temptation.

Tomorrow is WI # 3 for me and I'm wondering how others have found their WI's to reflect their TOM? I know for myself I usually retain water and my weight is usually up a few pounds during this time so I'm not expecting a major loss for the week but just wondering if others find their loss to be slowed during this time?

Here's to another great week OP and to a group of fabulous people!

Purrfect
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
NSV!!!!! last night I had a big challenge going out to a restaurant. I wrestled alot with what to do and had great support from my friends here in thinking it through. It was still a battle all day, do I have the wine or not? Stay OP or give in for a celebration, use it as an "excuse".
WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.

I know it may seem like a small thing but for me it was huge. I could have done myself in and I chose to stay clean, and so I came home, made a pudding cake, and went to bed.

today I weighed in and was down 1.5 pounds. My losses are coming...not dramatic...but steady.

THANK you!!!

Sherwood
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Well, I did it. Cleared out my closet and drawers today of anything too big. I ended up with 3 garbage bags stuffed to donate. Had some anxiety - I've lost weight before and it didn't stay off, so I was thinking "crap - what happens if I regain?" I know IP works and I understand the phases and how it gently restarts the insulin in a great way, but I definitely had that anxious feeling. I've been reading the after Phase 1 threads, and just by being sensible and having my tastes changed, I know I can do this for the long haul. This purging was a huge step and I'm glad I did it to make room for the new!

Sherwood
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
NSV!!!!! WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.
THANK you!!!

Congrats Purrfect!! This is no small thing - it's a huge life lesson. I found going out for dinner a bit of a challenge in the beginning, but then I realized that I was there for the social aspect, not the food - oh duh me~!!!:D

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I heard a couple of good tips about sleeping (I'm a chronic "squirrel brain" when I get into bed - can't stop thinking) :)

The first is to turn off anything electronic half an hour before bed. Apparently the t.v., computer. etc. overstimulate part of your brain, making it more difficult to fall asleep. The second is once you're in bed, instead of sheep, starting counting backwards from 1,000 by 3's.

Good luck with counting backwards by 3 I have trouble counting forward by 3....lol

Whew~ what a week!

My NSV for the week is that I managed to make it through a week where my kids were home and not one cheat! I did not taste one lick of hamburger cheese dip or chocolate chip cookies and I was very proud of myself. My DH's b-day was also over the weekend and I also managed to dodge my in law's repeated requests of joining them with a small slice of apple pie and ice cream cake. I stuck to my guns and explained what I could have and could not have and why and asked them straight up to support me in my weight loss efforts. By the end of the weekend my mother in law was telling my DH how proud she was of me for sticking to my diet and not giving in to temptation.

Tomorrow is WI # 3 for me and I'm wondering how others have found their WI's to reflect their TOM? I know for myself I usually retain water and my weight is usually up a few pounds during this time so I'm not expecting a major loss for the week but just wondering if others find their loss to be slowed during this time?

Here's to another great week OP and to a group of fabulous people!

Way to go!! Isn't it nice when you tell someone what you are doing and they support you like your mother in law did. That's awesome, Keep up the great job!

NSV!!!!! last night I had a big challenge going out to a restaurant. I wrestled alot with what to do and had great support from my friends here in thinking it through. It was still a battle all day, do I have the wine or not? Stay OP or give in for a celebration, use it as an "excuse".
WELL, I had a wonderful meal completely OP with a little tweaking from the kitchen, and I did NOT drink wine. I found out how great it can feel to be free from the pull of doing what I know is not so good for me. I put love in my body instead of wine.

I know it may seem like a small thing but for me it was huge. I could have done myself in and I chose to stay clean, and so I came home, made a pudding cake, and went to bed.

today I weighed in and was down 1.5 pounds. My losses are coming...not dramatic...but steady.

THANK you!!!

VERY proud of you for NOT drinking that wine and putting love into your body. That is the way to think!!... GO YOU!...Congrats!

Purrfect
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes...isn't it so funny that the truth is we are there for the social aspect, the food is nice but isn't supposed to be the main focus. THANK you!

patns
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Wow Sherwood, with 61 pounds gone you must have had lots of things to purge. Good work, that is a great amount of weight off your frame.

patns
08-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Good for you Perrfect with sticking to your guns during the family celebration. WTG!!!

MJKinMN
08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I agree completely in that I am there for the social aspect and not for the food, but it seems that food is an important part of our culture and social aspects revolve around it. I know for my family food signifies love, comfort, acceptance, ect. (basically everything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside) and usually begins with desserts....too bad salad doesnt have that same effect...lol. :)

2be: it is super nice when you have support :hug:

wuv2bloved
08-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I agree completely in that I am there for the social aspect and not for the food, but it seems that food is an important part of our culture and social aspects revolve around it. I know for my family food signifies love, comfort, acceptance, ect. (basically everything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside) and usually begins with desserts....too bad salad doesnt have that same effect...lol. :)

2be: it is super nice when you have support :hug:

I am from the South...EVERYTHING revolves around food!! I think everyday is a holiday because of the food we have to be around....lol

Sherwood
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Wow Sherwood, with 61 pounds gone you must have had lots of things to purge. Good work, that is a great amount of weight off your frame.

Thanks so much! When I shared with hubby (also on IP) that I was having a few anxious moments, he just looked at me and said "you won't gain it back, don't sweat it) - I won't share what my mental (not verbal) response was :)

calee
08-02-2011, 01:25 AM

That's a deal Jazzie! I love the support on this forum. I know that since I'm doing alternative and weighing in at home, I would have cheated on day 1. This forum really keeps me motivated to just take it one day at a time.

calee
08-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Wow, I just read through the last few pages of this thread and I'm in awe of everyone's victories, both on and off the scale. What a fabulous group this is!!

Porthardygurl
08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Oh my goodness...what a bad day... i just feel so weak... I woke up this morning with TOM ..had terrible cramps..i actually had to take tylenol for the pain..i didnt sleep well last night so that didnt help.. i ran out or rtd's..which is sad..cause it really helped me to just grab and go in the morning no matter ifi was going or not going somewhere...so then...i had to make pudding...it came up lumpy...then i carried on through most of my day till lunch...ate my one restricted chocolate soy puffs..was really craving the chocolate..and then started craving the peanut butter really bad..i think i was craving salt..so then i tried eating an egg with some salt on it.. then i went to bed cause i was so tired...had a nap..got up...was up for maybe an hour..glugged some water and had to go back to bed cause i was having some terrible cramps again..so i went back to bed..and slept for several hours..so nd deeply in fact that when i woke up, i thought it was the next morning..but really it was 9:30 and so i got up..and made a pudding cake in the microwave which turned out like a souflee..and choked it down and drank another litre of water down..and i still feel so weak..i just want to go to bed again...im soooo tired..ive never felt so tired and weak as i do this time around on TOM...

disgal
08-02-2011, 05:27 AM

AMAZING PICTURES!! WAY TO GO!!!!:carrot:

THANK you!!!

Woot woot!! What a great feeling the next morning, eh??? Awesome!!:carrot:

Well, I did it. Cleared out my closet and drawers today of anything too big. I ended up with 3 garbage bags stuffed to donate. Had some anxiety - I've lost weight before and it didn't stay off, so I was thinking "crap - what happens if I regain?" I know IP works and I understand the phases and how it gently restarts the insulin in a great way, but I definitely had that anxious feeling. I've been reading the after Phase 1 threads, and just by being sensible and having my tastes changed, I know I can do this for the long haul. This purging was a huge step and I'm glad I did it to make room for the new!

Agreed!! This is a HUGE step!!! I still haven't gone thru my old clothes (just moved them)! LOL!! I need to get rid of them!!!:D

Congrats Purrfect!! This is no small thing - it's a huge life lesson. I found going out for dinner a bit of a challenge in the beginning, but then I realized that I was there for the social aspect, not the food - oh duh me~!!!:D

So true!!!!:hug:

disgal
08-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Oh my goodness...what a bad day... i just feel so weak... I woke up this morning with TOM ..had terrible cramps..i actually had to take tylenol for the pain..i didnt sleep well last night so that didnt help.. i ran out or rtd's..which is sad..cause it really helped me to just grab and go in the morning no matter ifi was going or not going somewhere...so then...i had to make pudding...it came up lumpy...then i carried on through most of my day till lunch...ate my one restricted chocolate soy puffs..was really craving the chocolate..and then started craving the peanut butter really bad..i think i was craving salt..so then i tried eating an egg with some salt on it.. then i went to bed cause i was so tired...had a nap..got up...was up for maybe an hour..glugged some water and had to go back to bed cause i was having some terrible cramps again..so i went back to bed..and slept for several hours..so nd deeply in fact that when i woke up, i thought it was the next morning..but really it was 9:30 and so i got up..and made a pudding cake in the microwave which turned out like a souflee..and choked it down and drank another litre of water down..and i still feel so weak..i just want to go to bed again...im soooo tired..ive never felt so tired and weak as i do this time around on TOM...

Hoping you have a better day today!!!:hug: