Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/1 - 8/7

Diana3271
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

berryblondeboys
07-31-2011, 09:38 PM
And no, Diana3271, to answer your question from the other thread. I cannot believe it will be August 1st! Where has this year gone? So much for feeling like I'm suffering with this weight loss and lifestyle change? I cannot believe it's already been 7 months! Longest I've ever stuck with it!

I'm incredibly behind in the thread and I won't pretend that I've caught up, so if I ask stupid questions here and there, sorry! Hope everyone has a great week and a great month!

Diana3271
07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
I cannot believe it's already been 7 months! Longest I've ever stuck with it!

Berry And you are doing such an awesome job! :bravo: Also, Welcome Back!

iamerican
07-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Weigh-in day is tomorrow for me. I have been stuck in the 240s for weeks. Hoping to get closer to the 230s...

rubidoux
07-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi, everyone! I haven't posted on this thread before, but I'm jumping in! :carrot:

I'm changing my plan a bit because I got to the point that I just couldn't follow my old plan anymore. I hope my changes don't trip me up too much. But I'm watching carefully and am ready to tweak or make big changes if need be.

I've decided to move to one meal a day, every day. (I had been doing one meal a day maybe 3 or 4 days a week and then 2 meals on the other days.) That meal consists of only 1 quart of whole milk yogurt and a serving (not sure if I care about the size of this serving, will have to see) of some kind of fatty meat. Tonight's meal was my yogurt and 4 slices of liverwurst with yellow mustard (was having a crazy craving for it lately). I also had iced coffee with 2 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream. My daily calorie total was 1250. I think that might be a little too low, but it's a work in progress.

ETA: No exercise today. I am not exercising as part of my weight-loss journey. But I did recently start doing some exercise because I think it's great for other things, like my circulation. Plus, I have so much more energy than I used to! Seemed like a good idea to take advantage of it. :) I am starting slowly with 45-60 minute walks on tues, thurs, and fridays, while my 7 year-old is at karate and basketball practice. I will probably add some weight resistance at some point.

Diana3271
07-31-2011, 10:12 PM
rubidoux Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

shishkeberry
07-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Let's have a great week! I hope I'm finally down in the 250's for good this week. I didn't manage ten pounds in July like I wanted to, but I did lose 8.4. Not too shabby :)

LGW
08-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm in again!

Start weight: 217.8 - finally out of the 220's and have vowed to never see 220 again in life!

Diana3271
08-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Welcome to a new month and a new week! Let's make it great! Have a wonderful day! :carrot:

This is the busy time of the month for me. I will check in here and there.

Weigh In: 143.2
Down: .2

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Morning everyone! My little guy had me up bright and early! Well, first the alarm went off and it took me a couple seconds to figure out what it was and how to turn it off - how soon we forget! LOL

Scale was kinder than it could have been. Down 1.6 from the start of vacation.

Diana3271
08-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Berry Congrats on the 1.6 pounds!

zoodoo613
08-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Good morning, good Monday, and good August. So many beginnings!

Weigh-in this morning was 196.2. My July 1 weigh-in was 196.6, so I guess that means I'm down 0.4 for the month of July. Yay?

What a month. High weight was 201, low was 194.2. Whichever way you look at it, it's time to get back on track. July was a month full of my personal pitfalls. Lots of travel (3 out of 5 weekends out of town for at least 1 night.) Lots of emotional upheaval. Part of me hopes for a calmer August (especially on the emotional side) but it's summer. Time to take advantage and have fun. I just wish I was better at having fun and eating well at the same time.

Time2GetFine82
08-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Weigh in on friday..... This week will be a great one!

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Good morning, good Monday, and good August. So many beginnings!

Weigh-in this morning was 196.2. My July 1 weigh-in was 196.6, so I guess that means I'm down 0.4 for the month of July. Yay?

What a month. High weight was 201, low was 194.2. Whichever way you look at it, it's time to get back on track. July was a month full of my personal pitfalls. Lots of travel (3 out of 5 weekends out of town for at least 1 night.) Lots of emotional upheaval. Part of me hopes for a calmer August (especially on the emotional side) but it's summer. Time to take advantage and have fun. I just wish I was better at having fun and eating well at the same time.

I'm with you on that. July was a hard one on me too - a party, two sick kids, lack of gym time and vacation. I realized that yes, having fun and eating well seem to go hand in hand and trying to pair that with eating less and moving more doesn't seem to work that well, which is kind of sad.

So, here's to August!

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Diana3271 Sorry about your mom's comments about your legs the other day. (I also have long legs and short waist too.) I just don't know why people get like that. They don't even realize they are doing it.

For what it's worth, we think you look great and I'm sure your husband thinks so too! (well, and she does too... she just doesn't know how to show it).

Shellsbrood Hope everyone is feeling better in your home! Nasty stuff going around and yikes on the stone!

BBL for personals! Hubby just got home so I'm joining him in breakfast.

mamakat
08-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I'm showered and ready to go this morning. Everyone is still asleep but will need be woken soon as we have a long drive into the Bronx today. I weighed myself not expecting much as 243 seems to be my numba. BUT I was pleasantly surprised at 241.4. I'm one pound away from my lowest weight in 15 years or just under! That's so bizarre to me.

I didn't make the 10lbs goal this month but did make 8 and I'm happy happy with that. I just hope it keeps going down. :) I looked up a lot of stuff last night and although it all was important to the weightloss journey I discovered I'm not giving myself enough calorie burn in my bike riding. If I were 150lbs biking at my speed of 12-14mph in 60 minutes I'd burn 808 calories...according to everything I read heavier weight means more calories burned....so I've been doing over 800 calories each time! Could this be one more reason I've stalled. Here I'm thinking I only burned 200-300 calories and I'm always coming under calories sometime by 200 or more. I'm wondering now if I haven't been eating enough?

Well we'll see. I ate one meal yesterday and my stomach attacked it like lions on a lamb. I'm still in pain and pretty sure I'm empty. So I'm thinking my intestines are inflamed again. I'll call the doctor tomorrow to see what I need to do. I'm looking forward to burning some major calories today :) But first I must venture food. I got Muenster cheese from Bj's yesterday. I've never had it so maybe I'll try a piece this morning.

My goal this month is to reach next goal of 233, that's 8 pounds if I'm counting right. LOL I need a calculator or math lessons :p Have a great day everyone! :)

zoodoo613
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I didn't make the 10lbs goal this month but did make 8 and I'm happy happy with that. I just hope it keeps going down. :) I looked up a lot of stuff last night and although it all was important to the weightloss journey I discovered I'm not giving myself enough calorie burn in my bike riding. If I were 150lbs biking at my speed of 12-14mph in 60 minutes I'd burn 808 calories...according to everything I read heavier weight means more calories burned....so I've been doing over 800 calories each time! Could this be one more reason I've stalled. Here I'm thinking I only burned 200-300 calories and I'm always coming under calories sometime by 200 or more. I'm wondering now if I haven't been eating enough?

Hey mamakat. Riding your bike for an hour, you're no doubt burning a lot of calories. It's definitely work. But as someone who has ridden a real bike and a stationary bike, I'd be suspicious of the speed and mileage reports it's giving you. For me at least, biking in real life is much harder and I don't go nearly as far or as fast as a stationary bike computer would suggest. I don't mean to suggest that you're not working; you ARE. But you might not be getting accurate number if you're looking at road biking numbers.

mamakat
08-01-2011, 09:11 AM
zoodoo,
I agree with you. I did look up stationary bikes and got that info on several sights. I could not imagine riding a real bike (tiny seat) especially up hill. I do however, do the calorie burn levels on my bike which include (fake) hills. So I guess then it would be safe to say I burn somewhere between 300-800. Either way I'm still burning and losing right? :) I love my bike, I hated when I broke it by riding "too" much :p So all is good. :)

IMJB
08-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am on week three, I am a little disappointed by the first two week results I am only down 4.2lbs. I thought it would be double that by most of the reading that I have done. But I guess going down is much better than going up. I did have a slip up yesterday I had four tablespoons of rice, I guess that is enough to screw things up. I did go out last night and walk for a hour and a half with my dogs to make up for it but I guess it really does not work that way. I am likely going to have a really hard time, weight loss for me is always a struggle. I am hoping that everyone here can help and support me when the times get hard! Thanks all for listening and reading!

JB

IsabellaOlivia
08-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Sunday was 1342 calories.

My hopes for August
-To complete Jillian Michaels ripped in 30.
-Also want to try 3 new dishes.
-Look into community farming.
-Get back into C25k.

mamakat
08-01-2011, 09:24 AM
IMJB :welcome: 4lbs is great start! Sometimes the weight doesn't come off as fast as we want it, but it doesn't mean that nothing is happening. Making changes in diet and exercise helps our bodies in many ways and some of them we don't see right off. Don't get discouraged (I struggled with 243 for the last 2 weeks and thats after losing 40# so it happens even during weightloss) when the scale doesn't move. Did you take measurements...that helps to see the numbers go down. Keep going you're doing great. You're right, going down is better then up...so is stalled (I had to tell myself that for 2 weeks :p) Good Luck :)

Mojojuju
08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Rubidoux: Hello and :welcome: ! I'm impressed with your weight loss progress--and surprised at your style. I'd never be able to just eat one meal a day. I'm one of those "small meal every two hours" people.

I noticed you're diabetic--is your diet something your doctor recommended for you? My boyfriend is struggling with his diabetes, I'm always looking for creative suggestions for him.

IMJB: also :welcome: !! Four pounds is nothin' to scoff at--I'm a month in and I have gained one. : O I keep hearing from folks (okay, just from my supportive SO, haha) that I look slimmer, though I can't find my measuring tape to confirm this. I've been doing a lot of research on slow starter weight losers, and apparently, some of us just take forever to get er done. Don't get discouraged--at least for me, this thread has been an immense help. People are really encouraging and they don't let you get your spirits down for long. As for the rice, I know how you feel, but it is impossible for four tablespoons of rice to halt your loss that fast. If you're in ph1 of Atkins it might stop your keytosis for a while, but it won't actually ADD weight to you--more likely you just had some water weight fluctuation. Common enough, I'm finding! So four pounds--Woohoo! Good for you, that's what we call sustainable weight loss! *cheer*

I'm another carbs-stick-around-my-middle type of person, but I refuse to go low-carb again because I just find it unsustainable. It makes me feel ill, I get constant muscle cramps and spasms, brain fog, you name it. I was losing weight but felt like I had the flu all the time for three months straight.

Now for my check-in: I got all sad and discouraged yesterday and I went off my eating plan. I didn't go bonkers, I just didn't count my calories carefully. I still did my run, yay, but I'm back to being more careful today. I bought lots of raspberries on sale at Costco, mmmmm!

350 cals for breakfast, hope that tides me over! Today is a rest day, so I find that I'm hungrier because I don't have the exercise high suppressing my appetite. Two weeks till I go back to work--well, part time work, I'm still looking for a second job (boo). When teaching, it's impossible to idly snack, so I expect to be able to manage my cravings better during work hours. :D

K9Owner
08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm incredibly behind in the thread and I won't pretend that I've caught up, so if I ask stupid questions here and there, sorry! Hope everyone has a great week and a great month!

Me Too, Melissa!
I have to much laundry, cleaning, and other chores to even attempt :(

boatingmommy
08-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning ladies! I'd like to jump in. I have been up and down with my weight all my life. Going back into diet mode. Starting Weight Watchers today. I am just going to take one day at a time and keep myself focused. So, today's goal is just to stay on target and get my 45 minutes to an hour of exercise tonight.
Hope all of you have a fabulous day!

shishkeberry
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Welcome boatingmommy!

Mojojuju
08-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Just realized this is the first of the month--so it's time to make a goal.

I won't do any scale goals--I don't want to set myself up for utter failure like last month--but I want to set an exercise goal! I want to be jogging more than walking by the end of next month. This week already I'll be jogging and walking in equal proportion.

In fact, my goal is to jog a mile without stopping to walk at all! I would like to find a track so that I could figure out how fast I jog a mile, we'll see what I can find. :D

I'm really having fun re-defining myself as a runner. I'm really proud of myself, it's not something I ever thought I could do.

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Just realized this is the first of the month--so it's time to make a goal.

I won't do any scale goals--I don't want to set myself up for utter failure like last month--but I want to set an exercise goal! I want to be jogging more than walking by the end of next month. This week already I'll be jogging and walking in equal proportion.

In fact, my goal is to jog a mile without stopping to walk at all! I would like to find a track so that I could figure out how fast I jog a mile, we'll see what I can find. :D

I'm really having fun re-defining myself as a runner. I'm really proud of myself, it's not something I ever thought I could do.

I'm not setting a pounds goal either. My goal for this month is exercising 6 days a week and keeping my net carbs under 100. I'm really noticing differences in my body from more exercise and really haven't had much exercise in the last two weeks because of sick kids and vacation (though I walked over 20 miles while on vacation, but all of it SLOW).

Mojojuju
08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
LGW: Didn't see your post it was so short, but it is worth a huge CONGRATS!

And some dancing edibles for you! :carrot: :cb: :broc:

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I just have to add, my husband is so super supportive of me in this and has such unbelievable realistic expectations.

When he heard I still managed to lose weight during our vacation, he gave me two thumbs up. When I told him I only managed to lose 4.2 for the month he said that was a huge success with two sick kids for more than half the month, vacation for a week and with all the interruptions with the gym and eating.

While I 'know' that. it felt good to see and hear that he thinks so too.

K9Owner
08-01-2011, 10:10 AM
iUSAn: Best of luck on your WI tomm!
:goodscale please be nice to her!!

:welcome2: Rubidoux

Shish: :carrot: 8.4 LOSS!! :carrot:

LGW: WTG!! Keep up the great job!

Melissa: Nice job on losing while vacationing! That's difficult!

Hi Diana32 :wave: I read your post last thread abt your mom! OMG!!! I wore a pair of jeans once and my mom flat out commied, “Those jeans are a little tight aren’t they? And your bottom looks a little too big in them!” WoW—thanks :o mom for checking my bum out!

ZooDoo: I’m pretty sure I’m in a similar boat. I didn’t lose very much at all in July. It’s time to recharge, regroup, and refocus! Come on! We can do this!!

MamaKat: Sorry you didn’t meet your challenge, but you’re correct in thinking that at least you’re going down instead of up!! Keep up the AWESOME work! And remember, just because 10 didn’t happen in July does NOT mean it can’t happen in Aug!

IMJB :wel3fc: If I lost 4.2 lbs in 2 weeks I would be one dancing :carrot: Nice work!!

:wave: Hi Isabella , Can I be your present size? I’d be under my goal and could have some fruit for August! :rofl:

Mojojuju: When you realize high processed carbs are the culprit, then go extreme low carb to lose, then eat good high grain carbs once you’ve lost some, only to gain it back—SUX. :hug: I hope your MD can give you some answers so you can begin to lose successfully!

:welcome3: BoatingMommy

Mojojuju
08-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Berry: If you walked 20 miles, I'm gonna still go ahead and say you can count it! :D You said you were down 1.6lbs, that's great for going on vacation! Well done. :cheer3: Most folks throw it all out the window and gain on vacations.

I'm with you though, exercise goals are what it's about. If the loss happens, it happens. If not, well, at least I'll be able to say I can jog a mile in my chubby state, which is more than I've ever been able to say in my life, even when I was in great shape.

K9Owner
08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
As for me, hmmmm let's see.

WoW, for the month of July, I managed to lose a whopping 1.2 lbs
from 150.6 to149.4

I think I need a :broc: just to jumpstart my metabolism.
At least I didn't gain, so there is a positive in all this!

shishkeberry
08-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Congrats on everyone's losses! Especially you, berry! I'd have a very hard time losing weight on vacation so kudos to you :) i'm at 259.2 this morning so a total loss of 9.4 for the month of July! Yay! If I keep going at this rate I can be at my lowest adult weight by Christmas. I'm worried about staying on plan this week, though. My son is gone until Thursday and DF works second shift. So I can see myself deciding that it's not worth it to make dinner for only me and DD. You know, just scrounging through the cupboards. So that's my goal this week. To keep making healthy dinners even if I'm the only one that eats them.

alaskanlaughter
08-01-2011, 11:49 AM
good morning! my very last week home from work for the summer....i weigh monthly on the 5th of each month, just because that's the date i first weighed on when i began this back last spring...so my goal is for very good eating this week and we'll see what the scale says on friday...which is also my last day of home childcare for the summer....son's cousin spent the night last night and both are awake...i get the other kids soon

and hopefully my friend debbie will be in to check in with us soon...she's new here but we've been friends for ages!! so excited!!

DZackery
08-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm new to this thread but I need as much accountability as I can get. I lost this horrible 40 pounds 2 years ago and freakin gained it back. UGH...I'm replacing two meals per day with salad and walking/jogging at least 4 times per week beginning 7/30. My goal is to be 135 by 1/2012.

Weigh in today 172.2. :)

alaskanlaughter
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
:welcome:

Vixsin
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Well my scale was completely insane this morning. I am up 2.2 to 187.8! :yikes: Really, scale? Really?? Stupid scale!

So I celebrated (not really) my year anniversary of being on this journey!!! I have never stuck to anything this long and this determined before! I am proud to say that I am doing it!

There are all kinds of reasons. I ate well yesterday after not getting enough calories for the day on Saturday and being dehydrated. I also did not get nearly enough sleep for the last few nights. I did pretty good last night but will be able to do better today.

My eating is on plan today and it will be fine for supper. My exercise this week will primarily be cleaning the $%^& out of my house. It's not horrible, I'm just tired of the too many unfinished projects that I have going on in EVERY room!!! So, going to work on that a bit this week. :) Going to try and get a Yoga workout at least once a week this month.

I'm claiming my loss for July as 4.4 lbs. Not as great as I'd hoped but very happy with a loss at all! I really can't complain about losing a pound a week.

Fighting on!!!! :sumo:

MsThickMiddle
08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

I'm feeling great today! Glad my visitor Tom is no longer with me maybe I can get back on track. My weight hasn't changed in the past few days. I'd rather stay the same than gain. Still at 184 when I woke up this morning. My hubby talked me into eating a cookie last night!:devil: So we did some "extra" activities :o last night to make up for the extra calories. Hope to get back on the downward spiral this week.

08/01: 184
08/02:
08/03:
08/04:
08/05:
08/06:
08/07:
08/08:

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Checking in for the accountability. Losing weight is so hard after age 50. I do not like to exercise except for walking my little fur boys.

I am still down my original 2 pounds. That's a good thing! I am watching what I eat more closely and portion amounts and I realize that 1200-1500 calories add up quickly.

I a looking forward to my ticker so I can get extra motivation of seeing the ticker go down. Surely....I have been here at least 20 days and 20 posts.

I am discouraged. Weight loss was never this hard in the past.

Linda

DZackery
08-01-2011, 01:50 PM
wannabe- I'm only 25 but losing weight is so much harder after kids. I was just remarking to my husband yesterday and 7 years ago I could eat, drink party, sleep, lounge and so on anything and anytime I wanted and I balanced between 130 and 135 depending on Aunt FLO.

NOW!! I look at the bowl of icecream my husband is savoring and I feel 10 pounds heavier! So here I am..back for the second time after losing 40 pounds in 09/10 and gaining every last pound back after almost 2 years.

:)

alaskanlaughter
08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
i went through my old photo albums in search of inspiration this morning...here are a few photos-of-photos that hopefully show some progress....these start in 2002, jump to 2006 and then current....

here is a photo of my face in 2002 when i weighed somewhere in the 250s, i'm guessing, the first time i really truly started battling my weight
and here's my face now at about the same angle

here is a photo of me at 247 right after my son had been born in 2006

and here i am with current pics as of last month

shishkeberry
08-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I went out and bought myself a charm bracelet to celebrate my weight loss. I'm going with a colored bead for five lbs and a charm for ten. So I bought three colored beads and three charms :) i bought a little tiny heart box charm that I'm going to put my son's first lost tooth in (a reminder of why I'm doing this), a tiny crystal ball to help me think of how great the future will be, and a little cupcake to replace the ones I shouldn't eat.

Qrod
08-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm new to the website, but hoping it will give me some support that I need. Its a new day and hope that it will be a great week. Its lunch time, so on my way to make smart choices (hopefully). I know I dont have as much to lose as some people, but its a big deal for me and hard to get it together.

boatingmommy
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow, loving hearing about everyone's progress...yes, even those who maybe feel they aren't progressing as they would like...it's still progress just taking the time to focus on yourself and acknowledge that you are going to keep at it. Working on dinner plans...looking through low fat cookbook.

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I went out and bought myself a charm bracelet to celebrate my weight loss. I'm going with a colored bead for five lbs and a charm for ten. So I bought three colored beads and three charms :) i bought a little tiny heart box charm that I'm going to put my son's first lost tooth in (a reminder of why I'm doing this), a tiny crystal ball to help me think of how great the future will be, and a little cupcake to replace the ones I shouldn't eat.

Very cute idea and a constant visual reminder!

Maile
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Today was weigh in and I am down 2 pounds from last week. Now I am 167.
I went to the gym this morning and worked out on the cross trainer..Plus I was hauling weeds to the dump. I am ready for the first week in August.

Orod: Welcome and hope you find something good for lunch! Losing is work no matter how much you have to lose. Checking in daily really helps me focus.

Alaskanlaughter: You look wonderful in the photos! Great job on the thin you.

Mamakat: I had twins and 2 more babies out of those C-sections and they were certainly worth it! That info is good to know if down the road if that tummy tuck beckons me. No drs do not tell you everything by far.

I read about your thyroid discovery. Are you hypo or hyper? Anyway, I just found out that the thyroid medicine I am on, will not be absorbed if you take a calcium supplement at the same time. You might check yours. So last year when my test showed I was low, they increased my dose. No one told me not to take it with calcium!

Figuring out why you hit a plateau is not easy. Sometimes I think the body needs time to adjust to the loss. However, I did hear that despite the fact that you don't have periods anymore..myself included..that every 3 or 4 weeks your loss can slow.

Larry H
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I am back home in Florida. Arrived last night.

I don't know where to begin!!:dizzy: My body has gone crazy lately. I kept on plan all the while I was gone (5 weeks) and I find to my dismay that over the last 4 days I gained 25 pounds. Assuming that it takes 3,500 calories above my needs to gain a pound there is no way that I could have consumed 87,500 extra calories in four days. So it must be water retention. My legs are swollen and I have pitting edema. For the past two weeks I have a severe non productive hacking cough. Needless to say the first thing I did today was to visit my doctor. The doctor does not believe that I have heart failure but has ordered tests to be sure. The doctor thinks that my weight gain and swollen legs are the result of long driving times in the car and the cough is unrelated. I have been given BENZONATATE 200 mg for the cough and I have a followup appointment in 1 week.

I am to cut back on fluids also so today's total fluid intake so far has been 10 ounces ( a cup of skim milk and 2 oz water to take my pills.

The other strange thing is that I was constantly cold during my trip. I even sat outside at Columbia, SC wearing a jacket in 100 degree heat and I was comfortable. It felt good today in Florida with 92 degree heat and I was comfortable so I did not turn on the AC. I always was the guy that used to go outside in the Winter in Buffalo, NY without a jacket. Something sure has changed with my body!!

I had Baked Fish for lunch and an egg beater egg salad sandwich and banana for dinner tonight. My sodium is well under control at 1407 mg today.:D

The Third week of Calorie Cycling

8/1/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 714 (937 under)
8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was
8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was
8/6/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/7/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 937 calories under

Larry,

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm really dealing with post vacation blues and pre-TTOM blues. Right now I'm feeling whoa is me with my autistic son. We went to the psychologist for the first time to address is obsessive behaviors. It means more work for me. It means dealing with more fits and crying jags and quite honestly, I'm worn out from my two kids.

While we were visiting family, I see how mostly self sufficient the cousins are. They don't need constant reminders (no ADHD stuff). They don't need to deal with a kid who refuses to sit at a dinner table and so on. Our parenting style is very similar, but their kids don't have special needs of any sort and both mine do. One has no impulse control and cannot follow simple directions and is forgetful and the other is rigid and fearful.

As I type this I'm ignoring my son who is whining about not being able to play Wii Sport. To get Wii Sport he has to watch a new movie. He doesn't want to do that, so I'm instructed to ignore him completely until he tires of whining and then I propose the bargain again.

Yes, I know... doing the hard work now will prevent problems and more work later, but I'm sooooooo tired of it. Especially being sleepy and dealing with hormones.

The good news - I'm not eating to make myself feel better. I think I really have conquered that demon over the course of the years.

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I am back home in Florida. Arrived last night.

I don't know where to begin!!:dizzy: My body has gone crazy lately. I kept on plan all the while I was gone (5 weeks) and I find to my dismay that over the last 4 days I gained 25 pounds. Assuming that it takes 3,500 calories above my needs to gain a pound there is no way that I could have consumed 87,500 extra calories in four days. So it must be water retention. My legs are swollen and I have pitting edema. For the past two weeks I have a severe non productive hacking cough. Needless to say the first thing I did today was to visit my doctor. The doctor does not believe that I have heart failure but has ordered tests to be sure. The doctor thinks that my weight gain and swollen legs are the result of long driving times in the car and the cough is unrelated. I have been given BENZONATATE 200 mg for the cough and I have a followup appointment in 1 week.

I am to cut back on fluids also so today's total fluid intake so far has been 10 ounces ( a cup of skim milk and 2 oz water to take my pills.

The other strange thing is that I was constantly cold during my trip. I even sat outside at Columbia, SC wearing a jacket in 100 degree heat and I was comfortable. It felt good today in Florida with 92 degree heat and I was comfortable so I did not turn on the AC. I always was the guy that used to go outside in the Winter in Buffalo, NY without a jacket. Something sure has changed with my body!!

I had Baked Fish for lunch and an egg beater egg salad sandwich and banana for dinner tonight. My sodium is well under control at 1407 mg today.:D

8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 937 calories under

Larry,

larry that is really scary stuff! But I don't quite understand the lack of drinking stuff. Don't fluids wash out sodium? Of course,... you have 25 pounds of fluid, not just 3-4 pounds. Fingers crossed that you'll be up peeing all night.

jeniansmom
08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Well it was bound to happen at some point. I did great for a month. Today I was feeling tired and stressed (work and some other stuff), a little defeated as i somehow managed to gain 3 pounds between Friday and today (sodium? pms? i dunno, my cals have still all been under 2000 each day and under 1500 most days). I'm feeling sorry for myself to be honest. I asked DH to bring home dinner. I made a pretty healthy choice on what I ordered, but they sent along an extra order of garlic fries. And I ate them. So here I sit, feeling headachy and lethargic and stuffed. I know my sugar will be sky high in the am. It's weird how familiar this feeling is. It's not good. But very familiar.

shishkeberry
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Berry, i know how you feel. My son is one who needs constant reminders and can't sit still at the dinner table. It's wearing me out. :(
Larry, wow I'm sorry to hear about the water weight gain. That must be awful. I hope it clears up soon.
And that's the last time I go to the gym in the evening. Too many people and the evening babysitter is kind of snotty. I'll stick with the mornings.

mamakat
08-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
Oh my goodness I am tired. Today was hot and sunny and I forgot a hat! I will probably not be able to wake up tomorrow (I'm not allowed more than 30 mins in direct sunlight or get very sick). As of right now though, I don't regret it. 4.5 hours of walking and sweating...yeehaw I know I burned some major calories :p

shish, I love your bracelet idea. It's a marvelous way to celebrate reached goals. Food is a no no and clothes are silly as we lose since we'll be shrinking out of them and the bracelet is a reminder...so nice. I want one now :)

berry I wish I could say something to cheer you up. I get the fatigue and the want it to just let up. It takes a very strong woman/man too to go through this on a continuous basis. The frustrations alone are so overwhelming. The best I can do is...:hug: :)

jen it's so hard to say no to food. We have a chinese delivery who always brings an extra meal and egg roll (which DH temps me with, but I fight to say no as I'm already eating bad). Today DD ate the yummiest looking ice cream in front of me, I just walked away. It's so hard to say no especially when we're hungry. But on the good side, we still have a chance to make things right for ourselves...next meal or tomorrow we get the chance to say "no" to temptation again. Isn't this fun? :D

alaskan you are doing great! You go girl :)

Larry does the doctor suspect this 25 is like that 12 before? Sitting makes me swell by far greater than any other thing. It's very weird to me. After the zoo today I took off my shoes for the ride back home and laughed "hope we're not planning to stop for dinner because no way am I going to get my feet back into my shoes." I hope everything turns out alright, keep us posted :)

Maile I have Hashimoto's Disease (hypothyroid autoimmune blah blah blah :)) I've been taking meds for years. I have never really taken vitamins because I'm lazy about it, but I have so many stinking restrictions about food/pills that yes, I was aware of the calcium/levoxyl 4 hour window. One of the reasons I hated taking vitamins. I also have Celiac's Disease so a lot of the things I eat or take can be hindered as far as absorption. My body doesn't make iron or absorb calcium so I see a Hematologist for that (treatments or heavy dosage of calcium). As far as hormones and TOM, I'm not sure I'm affected as others. I had PCOS and needed extra hormones to have my second child then last year I slowly began to bleed to death (note to women don't be too embarrassed to see a doctor) and since I didn't make iron to recover I got very sick. On a very good side of things I told the doctors lets just scrap the uterus and the moment I woke up the doctor patted my shoulder and said she was glad I made that decision. She said "right now I have to send you to a hematologist as you are extremely low on iron and anemic, but had you not had the hysterectomy I would be sending you to the Oncologist." That was such a shock to wake up to, but in reality it made sense...stupid uterus :P

Well gee sorry about that! So hormones yes, due to woman trouble, IDK. Whatever the case may be, I do my best to combat it with proper diet and exercise...4-6 wks doctor visits and go from there. I do my best to stay positive and to say "no" to temptation. I try to tell myself every day that I'm worth the effort that it takes :)

:welcome: to all the new comers. Congrats to all who lost weight. Awesome goals, I like the idea of setting nonscale related goals. I am off to rest as the day was long and tiring. Oh, although it was over my limit in carbs, the chili was a great choice as far as lunch and we got to eat in a very cold cafeteria...I hated to leave :D

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy night :)

iamerican
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Shish: Your bracelet idea is so cute! I love it.

Alaskan: Your pictures are amazing! Awesome job!

Maile: Congrats on the 2 pounds.

I agree with a lot of you, July was a rough month. I lost less than 2 pounds. Annoying. Cheers to August being better. I weighed in this morning at 233.0. Thats .8 lb loss last week, but almost everyother day last week I was in 242s. I did get TOM, but just annoyed. I did C25k W2D1 today. Went really well!

alaskanlaughter
08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
thanks guys! :)

i just got a call inviting me to become a board member of the local branch of a big national early childhood education organization...that's kinda cool! i'll probably do it

berryblondeboys
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
thanks guys! :)

i just got a call inviting me to become a board member of the local branch of a big national early childhood education organization...that's kinda cool! i'll probably do it

Cool Alaskan!

Diana3271
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Welcome to all the new posters: DZachery, Qrod, Boatingmommy, WannaBeLoserAgain, and anyone else I may have missed. :wave: :welcome:

K9 I know your Mom didn't say your behind was too big in the jeans. :lol: Ah, the stuff we put up with from family. Something funny, my Mom has always said that she felt sorry for me because I was shaped like her. She is overweight and short. Now that I have lost weight I am shaped like my Dad. :rofl: She needs to make up her mind. ;)

Larry Welcome back. That's scary stuff. Take care of yourself.

Alaskanlaughter Your transformation is amazing. You look awesome! :bravo:

Diana3271
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories
collards 100 calories
okra and tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
~KCM's 30 MTF LIFT (Powersculpting w/10's)
~TF Fire 45

K9Owner
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
LARRY! I'm worried! Concerned! Really, Really worried!

haggis
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Evening all. I agree that August is going to be a good month. I feel more motivated for weightloss than I have in a long time, and I'm sure it is all due to 3FCs and your support. I am back on a low carb diet - feeling good. I forgot how little hunger I felt when on this plan. To make the "cold-turkey" on carbs easier, I am allowing myself cheese when I feel like I want to eat a treat. So far, so good. On track to get below 200 before my birthday on the 29th!

K9Owner
08-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Question for all (I'm a nurse, but don't know everything LOL)
Does heat and humidity affect cals burned? I ran in FL last week, same distance, same speed, same HR burned same amt as I did today, but I swear I was sweating more b/c it was 110F with the humidity.
I felt like I did way more work today!

shishkeberry
08-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I wish I could take credit for the bracelet idea, but I got the idea from someone else on 3fc. I just thought it would work best for me. Clothes don't work because I will have to buy them anyway. Food is a bad idea. And i've never been one for manicures or pedicures or mindless shopping. My SIL is a hair dresser so my haircuts are always free. lol so that didn't leave me with anything else. But I'm a kandi kid and I knew that getting some more cheap bling would make me happy. I got my charms at hobby lobby and between the three charms, three beads, and the bracelet I spent about $17. None of the charms they had there were more than $4 and most were less. I think the next charm I'll get at 40lbs is the four leaf clover they had.

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 01:30 AM
hi everyone! thanks so much for the compliments on my progress pics :) i still have a long ways to go but seeing those, i think i can get there if i keep at it...this 205ish range is where i've always gotten down to and couldnt ever get past so i'm hoping i can break through it...

DH was sooo nice, i showed him the progress pics and i was kind of hard on myself for that one right after our son was born cuz i look sooo much heavier and he told me to stop it and told me that i wasnt THAT heavy and not to worry because i'd just given birth to a baby and that was a beautiful thing :)

he told me he'll be my "sugar daddy" next weekend and buy me some nice clothes that fit for when i start work next week :) i keep telling him not to, because the kids need clothes more than i do, but he insists....so i suppose i will LOL

ending at about 1530 calories today and 109 carbs....had some rice today, which i havent had in months, but i was able to keep it to a portion and not dive into it....had some fresh baked halibut and a few bites of corn...

in the native village up on the coast, the brown bears are getting aggressive and hungry...it's been a scarce food summer up there for the bears...one of the brown bears (which are larger than the blackies here) tore through the front door of DH's elderly mom's house in the village, destroyed it...luckily someone was around with a gun to get rid of the bear...tonight DH and his brother bought a new door and it's going on the ferry tomorrow up to the village to replace it

it's tough not having roads that link our villages around here....all spread out along the coast and islands for hundreds of miles...things either go by plane or ferry here...i remember one year before thanksgiving, our nephew came to town with his wrestling team...we shopped for thanksgiving food to send back with him and packed a whole suitcase full of food to go on the plane with him back to the village...duct taped that suitcase shut and got him to the airport...the biggest frozen turkey, though, was too big for the suitcase so that was his "carry on" when he got on the plane...and NO ONE seemed to think this was odd LOL

zoodoo613
08-02-2011, 06:56 AM
As I type this I'm ignoring my son who is whining about not being able to play Wii Sport. To get Wii Sport he has to watch a new movie. He doesn't want to do that, so I'm instructed to ignore him completely until he tires of whining and then I propose the bargain again.

Yes, I know... doing the hard work now will prevent problems and more work later, but I'm sooooooo tired of it. Especially being sleepy and dealing with hormones.

The good news - I'm not eating to make myself feel better. I think I really have conquered that demon over the course of the years.

Oh man, Berry, this sounds like advice someone who only deals with kids in 30-60 minute sessions would give. Tires of whining? Does that happen? It sounds exhausting. Good luck to you.

zoodoo613
08-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Weigh-in was 195.2 this morning.

Yesterday was a good day. I finished up something at work and got to move on to the next thing, which I was itching to do. Someone I work with who likes to fish brought me some salmon from Lake Ontario (and some tires for my Subaru. We had the same car and he kept his tires for me when he got rid of his.) so dinner was easy to decide on. I got out for a walk after dinner. I live in an economically depressed region and town, and it's easy to see the downsides. But on my brief walk I ran into some friends and chatted for a while, and then after I'd gone on my way, I stopped in at the library, which I passed just before closing time, and was asked by name if I needed help. Good to be reminded of the perks of living in a town like mine. And, when I subtracted out the time I spent not walk, My walking speed was just over 16 min/miles. It's more and more becoming just the speed I walk.

Diana3271
08-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great day.

No change :)

zoodoo613
08-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Larry, keep us posted! Hope everything's OK.

roadbikerchick
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I sort of skipped out for the weekend - it was a long weekend in Canada, and now I'm paying for it on the scale. Back at it today. Will have to catch up later!

See you, and have a great OP day, everyone!

DZackery
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
After suffering from an agonizing gall bladder attack last night my weigh in this morning was 168.6 but I am not going to get attached to is because I will say that most of it can be attributed to dehydration due to vomiting. I'm feeling better this morning but my stomach is pretty sore. I'm gonna see how I feel tonight and attempt to go jogging since I missed out last night. My weigh in should be more accurate tomorrow.

SW: 172.2
CW: 168.6

LGW
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Quick check in 218.2 (+0.4) from 217.8 on 7/31....I'll take it, 217.8 was a 1lb drop! so what's 0.4 amongst friends...it's 220 I plan to never see again :)

I will try to leave personals this weekend!!! :)

boatingmommy
08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning everyone! Day two - feeling good. I was totally on plan yesterday and have today's menu planned out and logged in. I did one of my old workout tapes last night (yes, VHS!) and I'm a little sore today, but ready to move on.

DZackery - sorry to hear about your attack. Those are so painful. The last one I had was in the middle of a camping weekend with family and friends. I spend the weekend in the camper. Hope you are feeling much better today.
Larry - Hope you are also feeling better today and relieved of some of the water weight.
Zoodoo - I love living in a small town! Although, some nights I put my headphones on and keep my head down or I end up stopped every few blocks. But, it's good to know that if I collapsed on the street someone would find me immediately. Haha!
AlaskanL - Way to go on the pictures and the offer. I have worked for the State of IL. Early Intervention System for the past 19 years. We serve children with developmental delays and disabilities and their families. Very rewarding working with all those little ones. Good for you!
Shisk - I am not one to spend money frivolously either. When I was losing before I bought a workout song from itunes every 5 pounds. I have an excellent playlist for walking/jogging to now. Pump It by the Blackeyed Peas will really get you moving!
BerryBB - I feel for you. Autism is a very trying condition to deal with. Keep strong!
Vixsin - Congrats on your anniversary!!! Look how far you've come! Congrats!
Mamakat - 8 is great!!! Way to go!
IMJB - Hang in there. There's lots of motivation and uplifting support here! You can do it...just put your mind to it. (magnet on my fridge).
Okay...everyone else have a FANTASTIC day!

Vixsin
08-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Roadbiker: Hope your weekend was fun! What did you crazy kids do? :) Back on that horse, no worries!! :high:

DZ: :hug: I hope you feel better! Take it easy today. Get lots of fluids and rest. Maybe some nice incline walking instead of hardcore jogging today? Be kind to yourself and let your body heal. As long as you're focused on your eating, you can miss another day of exercise. Your body will thank you for it in the end. :) :hug:

Diana: I love watching you in maintenance range. Have you ventured over to the other forums for maintainers and featherweights? What are they like?

Zoodoo: Great job! I know how great it feels when I can finally put one project down at work and finally get to start something new.

boatingmom: Thank you for the congrats and welcome!! :welcome3: This is a great place! I look forward to getting to know you. Great job on being on plan. Dont feel bad, I still have VHS too.

So TOM's on his way out either today or tomorrow. :woohoo: :kickbutt: Get to steppin' TOM!!!!! :sumo:

Whoosh this morning down 1.2 to 186.6. :cheer3: I am on plan today. Got everything logged into MFP. Thinking about supper tonight. I'm going for some baked chicken that I marinated in a new dressing. :crossed: that it'll be good. OH!!!!!! Speaking of salad dressings, my health conscious friends. Marie's Yogurt Dressings - I bought the ranch flavor at my walmart on a whim because I'm always looking for new things that are healthy and yummy. I had high hopes for this one because it was creamy ranch. I really wanted it to taste good. BOY DID IT EVER!!!!!!!!!!! You guys, it's like real, full fat ranch dressing. Only it's not as salty. It is so ridiculously good. I'm going back and buying another bottle today because my first one is almost gone. I've used it almost everyday since I got it. Here's a link to it: http://www.maries.com/product-detail.aspx?productID=61&catID=24&pcatID=1#nutrition-facts The best part of this for me is that it has only 70 calories per serving. The sodium isn't horrible, it's far better than other dressings I've had in my fridge. It tastes just like regular ranch dressing.

Forgot to tell you that I made lower cal pigs in a blanket this weekend. Maxwell LOVED them!! I used Jennie-O turkey hot dogs (70 cals ea). I used regular crescent rolls that I got at Price Rite (100 cals ea) but I cut each of the rolls in half. So I used half a hot dog and half a crescent, rolled them up and baked them. 80 calories each. I was so proud of myself. Maxwell gobbled them up like they were going out of style. I think I need to start writing down all of my creations so I can keep track of them. LOL

K9Owner
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I should have posted this last night, but I was far too tired!

Monday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Fresh Peach, Banana Blueberry Nut Bread ~339
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 195
Powerbar 300
Banana Blueberry Nut Bread ~200
Total ~ 1034

Water: 112 oz
(still not enough to run an hour in 100 degree heat with a heat index of 110F)
:running: 500

DZackery
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
boatingmommy- Thanks for the thoughts, this is only my second time having the attacks. My husband is having a hard time with them because my symptoms fit an appendicitis. My doctor said that it is structurally sound but he thinks it's a functional issue...I dont know. How do you avoid getting attacks?

Vixsin- I think I am going to stick to crackers and water today. I need to get my fluid level back up and I am afraid to eat anything else. LOL I don't have the option of doing an incline walk but I can walk around the lake. HEHE we don't have many inclines here in scrambletown. :)

K9Owner
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
DZ: :welcome2: to this thread. OUCH! Sorry about ur GB attack. What a crummy way to lose weight. You’re in great company here. I’ve lost the same 20lbs for the 3rd time now!

Alaskan: :bravo: on your progress!! You look amazing for the weight you’ve lost! Keep at it gf. You’re doing so great! :lol: “sugar daddy” :lol:

Shish: What a CUTE idea with the bracelet, even if it was a borrowed idea!! I used to love Hobby Lobby. My friend and I would go every week, and then I moved :(

JenIansmom: One bad day does not have to control you. Get right back up and start afresh! You can do it!!

Hiya MamaKat :wave: How was the Bronx Zoo?? I have visited almost all of the southern, western, eastern states, but never the northern ones. I would love to visit that zoo.

iUSAn: Great job for your WI! WTG :high:

Maile
08-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Dzachery..I had gallbladder attacks. You must be exhausted as they are very painful. I was told that high fat foods can set them off..ie chocolate or food with butter. Are you seeing a Dr? Hope you feel better.

I am the same weight today..no change..I am patiently waiting for the scale to move. Yesterday a friend gave me a whole set of clothes she did not want. I am so happy to have new clothes for work!

DZackery
08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
K9- HAHA, the last time I lost this 40 pounds I had some surgical help. I had to get my tonsils removed and 2 months later before that was even healed, I had all 4 wisdom teeth out. Maybe I should just stay at the weight I'm at. Everytime I try to lose it I end up with health issues. LOL

DZackery
08-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Maile- I am quite tired today but I've got 3 boys and tons of housework to do so I'm moving...mostly my stomach is very sore. I actually havent been eating anything fatty recently...I replaced two meals a day with salad....ooohhhh I added olives to my salad yesterday..is it even possible that those are the culprit? *pout* I love olives.

berryblondeboys
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh man, Berry, this sounds like advice someone who only deals with kids in 30-60 minute sessions would give. Tires of whining? Does that happen? It sounds exhausting. Good luck to you.

You know... I was listening to the psychologist and while I know what he was saying was sound (I've taken psychology and read all the books too), it was hard taking it from him.

First, he's male. No offense to guys, but being a guy is different than being the mom. Kids (little kids especially) whine to moms MORE. Second, he's young and has no kids yet. So, he has NO FRIGGIN' CLUE how whiny a normal kid can be, let alone a kid on the spectrum.

So, really, I think he should have to come to my house and sit in there with us while putting these strategies to play. It sounds so easy... while it's anything but.

MsThickMiddle
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Good afternoon ladies!

I'm feeling great today! Glad my visitor Tom is no longer with me maybe I can get back on track. My weight hasn't changed in the past few days. I'd rather stay the same than gain. Still at 184 when I woke up this morning. My hubby talked me into eating a cookie last night!:devil: So we did some "extra" activities :o last night to make up for the extra calories. Hope to get back on the downward spiral this week.

08/01: 184
08/02: 181.5 :carrot:
08/03:
08/04:
08/05:
08/06:
08/07:
08/08:

Oh Happy Day! Back on track! Woke up this morning and lost a few pounds. I was extremely active yesterday. My oldest son started soccer practice last night. And I ate great yesterday, wasn't really even hungry all day, forced myself to eat tuna and crackers. Bottled water all day. Best of all I feel Fabulous! :D

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Checking in...I am sooooo tired....Work Nights and my sleep is not caught up.

Today is my day off (yesterday was a sleep) and working again Wed/Thur. Hopefully I will feel better this afternoon.

I actually lost ONE pound! Maybe I need to sleep more!

Linda

mamakat
08-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Berry it's funny how you mentioned moms are just different. It's so true. DH thinks that bull, but I see it sooo much with my two. DH is the more "responsible" one and a little uptight sometimes so the kids always come to me. He never tells them "no" when they want something and he's never been mean to them, but they still fear his rejection...so weird. And the whining, I only have one ADD child, the other one is just annoying :p But let me tell you, she will sit in front of me and whine and whine and whine, but she would NEVER do that to her father.

I so get not liking advice from those who don't even have children let alone special needs children. Even worse are those who don't believe there are such things as special needs. I get a few people every now and then saying Bipolar isn't really an illness it's more of mental issues and a weakness. Those are the days I take deep deep breaths.

I have a friend who has a grandson with Autism and when she's on the phone he will whine and cry and bite until she pays attention to him. He used to talk but now he doesn't and she says he communicates with the hitting and biting and that she's the only one who knows what he wants...I can not imagine.

:hug:

mamakat
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Krystal
The zoo was fun. My son, who refused to take his meds before we left was exhausted (he also caught a cold and didn't complain once) all day. He never complains. All day sneezing, but the energy he has astounds me. Whenever we weren't sure about where we were going he'd run ahead then come back and tell us where we were. He is our odd duck, he is only 15 has already past me by height and is fast moving past his father. He's a bean pole with the largest feet I've ever seen in person. We have no idea where he gets his genes as no one on either side looks like him. So he was our scout.

My daughter was a grump all day which made her dad a grump all day. I usually go along for the ride but yesterday with every step I took I was thinking "there goes a calorie":) My leg/hip went out early on but readjusted on its own (yay) but the pain was there, but I never complained. I should have sat more, but I think I'm in mania again because I just wanted to go. When we did sit down by the baboons, the peacocks flocked to us. Now I didn't see a sign that said I couldn't so I did feed them one of the kid's granola bar (not the whole thing and DH complained the whole time). I had two of them eating out of my hand. Got a really good close up pic to of a gorgeous male.

After everyone ate they behaved better but still whiny but son and I bounced around (like antelope...I was the lame one :p) and let them catch up here and there. We skipped Madagascar so that we wouldn't happen upon hissing cockroaches. We went to the Monkeys exhibit...guess what I saw in the first pen/cage? A New York cockroach! :lol: DD was creeped out the rest of the time.

So all and all it was a good time. The kids and I go on weekend trips sometimes when I get bored and see lots of odd things. I took them to Mass one year just to see Lizzy Borden's house. To make it fun we also went to one of the oldest zoos in America. One of the zookeepers in formed me theres a zoo in Central Park (I'm not a New York fan, but it might be worth a trip) with penguins from the arctic (we have yet to see those). :)

zoodoo613
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Krystal
The zoo was fun. My son, who refused to take his meds before we left was exhausted (he also caught a cold and didn't complain once) all day. He never complains. All day sneezing, but the energy he has astounds me. Whenever we weren't sure about where we were going he'd run ahead then come back and tell us where we were. He is our odd duck, he is only 15 has already past me by height and is fast moving past his father. He's a bean pole with the largest feet I've ever seen in person. We have no idea where he gets his genes as no one on either side looks like him. So he was our scout.

My daughter was a grump all day which made her dad a grump all day. I usually go along for the ride but yesterday with every step I took I was thinking "there goes a calorie":) My leg/hip went out early on but readjusted on its own (yay) but the pain was there, but I never complained. I should have sat more, but I think I'm in mania again because I just wanted to go. When we did sit down by the baboons, the peacocks flocked to us. Now I didn't see a sign that said I couldn't so I did feed them one of the kid's granola bar (not the whole thing and DH complained the whole time). I had two of them eating out of my hand. Got a really good close up pic to of a gorgeous male.

After everyone ate they behaved better but still whiny but son and I bounced around (like antelope...I was the lame one :p) and let them catch up here and there. We skipped Madagascar so that we wouldn't happen upon hissing cockroaches. We went to the Monkeys exhibit...guess what I saw in the first pen/cage? A New York cockroach! :lol: DD was creeped out the rest of the time.

So all and all it was a good time. The kids and I go on weekend trips sometimes when I get bored and see lots of odd things. I took them to Mass one year just to see Lizzy Borden's house. To make it fun we also went to one of the oldest zoos in America. One of the zookeepers in formed me theres a zoo in Central Park (I'm not a New York fan, but it might be worth a trip) with penguins from the arctic (we have yet to see those). :)

I love the Bronx Zoo. When I was a kid, I went to a summer camp there, one week from ages 9-12, I think. They would take us behind the scenes, let us see feedings, cool stuff like that. And on the last night we would sleep over in the recreation building, and go out at night on a flashlight safari and count how many eyes we could get to reflect back at us.

Larry H
08-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Just a quick update. I have lost 15 pounds overnight. What a roller coaster ride again!:dizzy::dizzy:

I went from 220 to 245 in four days and am now back to 230 in one day!:?:

All I can do is hang on tight and try not to get thrown off of the ride!!:D:D

Larry,

shellsbrood
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Just a quick check in. We're taking my 3 year old back to the doctors this afternoon. He's broken out in a rash, so they're not sure if it's a reaction from the antibiotics or if he has scarlet fever. It's been a very long weekend. I'll check back in later.

ETA: He's allergic to penicillin!

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 12:19 PM
good morning! trying to eat very very good before my weigh in on friday...kids are here today...nothing else going on...enjoying my last week off work

the board member position thing looks to be alot of work but i'd be crazy to turn it down....so i guess my year just got busier...make that two years...apparently it's a two-year commitment *sigh*

haggis
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Afternoon everyone. Sounds like a busy day. I empathize with the kid whining. At 7 and 11, mine are technically in the golden years "between the diapers and the acne", although the 7 yo loves to scream her piercing scream, and the 11 yo is getting a bit of moody practice in.
I was please to drop another pound. I understand much of this is the rush of water/food loss that comes with starting a low-carb diet, but it still feels good, and helps with the motivation. I hope I will have little problem reaching my goal for the month. Of course, I am moving the house this month, so plenty of opportunities for stress eating/lack of control. However, I'm tying to get into the low carb zone, and make these changes more of a habit, before the worst of the move hits.

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Larry I'm glad to hear that most of that weight is gone already :)

I'm down to 257.4 today! Woohoo!

DZackery
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM
So I did about 20 minutes of the p90x cardio video and I am ready for a nap something awful. I dont know if it's just because I am tired from last nights GB attack or if it was really that intense. I wonder if I can get the 2 year old to sleep...0:)

Mojojuju
08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Larry: Glad you're getting checkups about the edema--my boyfriend had such severe edema that he wound up in the hospital and lost 100lbs in a week! It was heart failure due to a pneumonia virus he'd had as a teen, but he had gone undiagnosed for years. He had to get a whole new wardrobe the next week. :o He was eventually placed on meds and we watch carefully for symptoms, but long car drives are definitely something that can trigger the leg pitting for him. If your body took care of it without medication, that's probably a good sign, but I'm glad you're getting checked out!

Berry: Hang in there! I have a couple friends who have kids on the spectrum, and they feel the same way about psychiatrists and authors who recommend plans like they're just easy! If it is possible, maybe you can have a you day away from the little ones? Go to a bookstore, order a low cal iced coffee, read and relax? :) My friend who parents an autistic genius with severe meltdowns used to swear that her sanity was saved by such small breaks. Hang in there. Kids can be so frustrating, and their behaviors are hard to alter! :hugs:

Alaskan: You look SO AMAZING! Congratulations, you really inspired me here today!

As for me, I am having the pre-TOM HUNGER MONSTER. I found myself with my face in a couscous container last night stuffing my face--probably at least 300 calories over what I should have eaten. My hunger during this time of month is utterly overwhelming. Strangely, it tames itself once TOM arrives, but the few days before? Whoosh. I prowl the kitchen with my stomach growling, glaring at the shelves. Opening the fridge, closing it again, growling, stalking out. Yelling at my boyfriend to "HIDE ALL THE FOOD! ALL OF IT!"
...and ususally, eventually, giving in. It's not compulsive as far as I can tell. I try to listen to my body and make sure that if I overeat its cause I really need to, not just cause I'm bored or it is a habitual time for eating.

Anyhow, despite (or perhaps because of?) my OMNOMNOM last night, I weighed myself out of curiosity. 281. WHAAAAAAT?! SIX POUNDS DOWN IN TWO DAYS? That's got to be water. Or if I lived in Mass, I would say it's "Gottah be wattah." hee.

Oyvey. Good thing I'm going to see my doctor on the 10th. My body doesn't know WHAT the heck it's doing!

berryblondeboys
08-02-2011, 02:36 PM
I think I'm going to do the charm thing too. Or something like that to show what I have done in a physical way. Or a rewards way. A good friend suggest maybe I get a wedding ring upgrade as a present to myself when I get to goal. My wedding ring is too big and so are almost all the others. My wedding ring is just a band, but I also have my grandmother's engagement ring (too big), a solitaire sapphire and a sapphire and diamond band (I wore that combo for years when my wedding band was too tight - then in October, just this past october I got my ring resized!!!!! If I wouldn't have done that, it would now fit!!!) And then I have a couple other rings given to me - my husband's great grandmother's engagement ring (fits now) and a ring made from a small diamond earring (fits now). I also have a weird gold band that is styled like a flexible chain thing?) Too big and not my style (a gift from husband's aunt) and my HS class ring.

The only jewelry my husband ever gave me is my wedding band. It cost $60 nearly 18 years ago. That same amount of gold today would cost a lot more.

But almost all those rings were family heirloom things given to me by family. I can't really change them.

The sapphires were my 'fat' rings. Maybe change those to be my 'skinny' rings? I don't think they are very high quality or anything. Would love to have an emerald ring! But spending $$$ on jewelry isn't my style either.

So, a charm bracelet sounds cool. I would probably do pretty, homemade glass beads or soemthing, but is it more meaningless since I've already lost 60 pounds? Maybe create it when I'm DONE with my weight loss? (whenever that will be - most likely 175 will not be my settling spot).

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Vixsin, those pigs in blankets sound awesome! I'm a little leery of turkey dogs, though. I really only like Nathan's beef dogs. I could try cutting then into thirds and using half a crescent roll. That would be about 110 cals each. Probably high in sodium though. Ugh, now I want some! Maybe I'll make some for the birthday party? Hmmm. I found a cool sugar free carrot cake recipe for DD's 1st (cup)cake. There was even a sugar free cream cheese frosting recipe. Since I'm getting a regular full sugar chocolate cake for DS I'm going to make up a batch of carrot cupcakes for the adults that don't like chocolate and for my FIL since he's diabetic and needs sugar free desserts. Luckily I hate chocolate cake so I won't be tempted to eat the sugary cake and I'm going to be sending most of it home with our guests. Wow, I can't believe my kids are going to be 7 and 1 this week. Time sure flies. My little girl isn't so little anymore. :p

mamakat
08-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Berry,
I am just the opposite, I am shrinking down to fit into all my rings. My MIL and Mom gave me some nice pieces and throughout the years I've collected some nice pieces (my favorite is an emerald we bought from a jewelry store that was from an estate. We just bought the stone...it's huge, but I'm afraid to wear it) I bought our origional wedding bands from Target (with employee discount) and haven't worn that thing since I got pregnant with first child. DH bought me a beautiful black hills gold wedding band on I think 3rd anniversary and that's what I want to get back into. I wear DH wedding band on my thumb now. Neither one of us wear wedding rings anymore.

Our 18th Anniversary is in 8 days and I have no idea what to get him. I looked for new bands with cat's eyes (as that fits into 18th anniversary theme), but gold is so high priced right now and the stones aren't a pretty color so I am not going to do that. Only other thing as a suggestion is porcelain and I have no idea what I could get him in that. What weird gift suggestions :p

zoodoo613
08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Only other thing as a suggestion is porcelain and I have no idea what I could get him in that. What weird gift suggestions :p

Does he need a new toilet? :lol:

berryblondeboys
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Berry,
I am just the opposite, I am shrinking down to fit into all my rings. My MIL and Mom gave me some nice pieces and throughout the years I've collected some nice pieces (my favorite is an emerald we bought from a jewelry store that was from an estate. We just bought the stone...it's huge, but I'm afraid to wear it) I bought our origional wedding bands from Target (with employee discount) and haven't worn that thing since I got pregnant with first child. DH bought me a beautiful black hills gold wedding band on I think 3rd anniversary and that's what I want to get back into. I wear DH wedding band on my thumb now. Neither one of us wear wedding rings anymore.

Our 18th Anniversary is in 8 days and I have no idea what to get him. I looked for new bands with cat's eyes (as that fits into 18th anniversary theme), but gold is so high priced right now and the stones aren't a pretty color so I am not going to do that. Only other thing as a suggestion is porcelain and I have no idea what I could get him in that. What weird gift suggestions :p

I always complicate things. Like... would I get a bracelet for what I've accomplished now? or from my highest weight to now? I was up to 275 for a year, then lost 10 and kept it off (plus some more but gained those back), then I lost ten and kept it off for a year before I started this weight loss journey. I weighed 265 for YEARS. For me, it's more the WHOLE journey... a reminder that I used to weigh more than 80 pounds than I weigh now (that's a really scary thought actually).

mamakat
08-02-2011, 04:55 PM
zoodoo,
believe it or not it crossed my mind...I mean what else is porcelain? Other than tile. We've never been traditional so I'm not really stuck on those two things...I just have no idea what to give him. Last year it was several boxed series of one of his favorite shows (he got me a tattoo or paid for it). He's a techy musician type and I have no smarts in either of those departments. Usually he tells me what I bought him. :D I thought I'd surprise him with an actual gift but it looking like that's not going to be the case :) Oh well.

Diana3271
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Does he need a new toilet? :lol:

What's wrong with a new toilet? :lol: My Mom gave DH and me a new toilet for either our birthday or anniversary. :rofl: Back in the day, the taller toilets were called handicap toilets. I think they call them executive toilets or something else. Anyways, DH and I have always been taller/larger, so we wanted one of those toilets. So, that's what we got for our special day. :lol: :rofl:

At the time, we were remodeling our bathroom, so we wanted a taller toilet and a taller sink/vanity cabinet. We also had the cabinet custom made for us. Hopefully, if we ever decide to sell our house, the people looking won't be on the shorter side. ;)

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 07:17 PM
just got home from a nice lazy afternoon at the big playground by the lake...took my son, 2 of the kids, and his cousin and now we're home...i'm getting almost sad that summer is coming to an end :( although i'm looking forward to less children through the house all day, and time to myself, and starting that board of directors thing, and actually having to get dressed every day LOL!

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Larry - If you are short of breath, coughing, edema in legs, any exertion that makes breathing worse...then cut back that water and cut back that salt.

My dh found out he had mitral value problems (heart), so please do not mess with doctor's advice. My dh ended up having a Cardiac Echo, put on blood pressure pill to lower the pressure and a fluid pill...he will be going in for Cardiac surgery on Monday.

From a cardiac doctor's own mouth when we were seeing him for my dh..."No, water does not flush salt." "It hangs onto the salt."

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Larry - If you are short of breath, coughing, edema in legs, any exertion that makes breathing worse...then cut back that water and cut back that salt.

My dh found out he had mitral value problems (heart), so please do not mess with doctor's advice. My dh ended up having a Cardiac Echo, put on blood pressure pill to lower the pressure and a fluid pill...he will be going in for Cardiac surgery on Monday.

From a cardiac doctor's own mouth when we were seeing him for my dh..."No, water does not flush salt." "It hangs onto the salt."

wow! sending good thoughts for your DH's surgery...and larry, i'm worried about all that water retention etc....

DZackery
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I am just back from doing a 2 mile walk/jog. Not sure my stomach is all that happy about it, but mentally I am geared up. So all together I got 20 minutes of the p90x cardio and 2 miles. It's a good day. Hopefully tomorrow morning will show results.

stacygee
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I keep trying to re-establish my ties here... but, am having a hard time finding the time this summer. However, I just scheduled my surgery!!! August 26!! I am sure I will then be spending a lot of time here!

Thank you for your support. Diana I feel very confident in my Dr. choice. I visited 2 different surgeon and the one I have chosen spent extensive time with me and was personally recommended by a friend who is a doctor. Vixson- I appreciate what you wrote too. I am not trying to change the "natural me" I am trying to repair the damage that I did when I let myslef gain all that weight. I do feel like it is something I need to do to finish what I've started.

The baby in whining to go to bed. I better get her there!

jeniansmom
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Update on me:

I am back on track today. If anything still struggling with eating enough. I felt so gross and not at all hungry this am that I didn't eat til lunch time. Ah well, I will get this all figured out eventually. I do think I'm going to have to start the dreaded E word. I think I may have hit a wall with losing weight with dietary changes alone. And if it's true that my metabolism has slowed due to eating so few calores, exercise should help rev it up again. I do think I'm going to start track sodium for awhile too though, to see just how much I am ingesting.

Personals:

Larry: I too am concerned. I hope all is back to normal for you soon. :hug:

WannaBeLoserAgain: good luck on your DH's surgery. You will be in my thoughts.

mamakat: congrats on the upcoming anniversary :) DH and I celebrated 17 years in May. Nice to be happily with the same someone for that long isn't it? :)

shishke: happy bday to your kids :) Would you mind sharing the sf carrot cake and frosting recipes?

re rings: I've had my wedding rings stretched to size them up a couple of times. I also have a family ring that I wear all the time. It was purchased at a bigger size, so not stretched. Hopefully they can all be sized down when the time comes.

MsThickMiddle: you are giving him positive reinforcement for tempting you with cookies ;)

shells: sorry about your little man..hope he is feeling better soon!

mamakat: I liked the Central Park Zoo. Also the New England Acquarium has penguins.

haggis: welcome! the move also gives you plenty of opportunity for extra exercise :)

Mojojuju: pms sux! Great job on the pounds down though :)

Vixsin: absolutely you should write down your creations and share them too please :)

DZ: welcome! Sorry about the gall bladder attack..not a fun way to lose weight! I hope it doesn't become a regular thing for you.

K9: :hug: thank you :)

Maile: welcome!

berry: good for you for not turning to food. What you are working through with your son sounds really tough! I hope it has a good outcome for both of you. I hear you about sometimes feeling sorry for yourself when dealing with a child on the spectrum. I go through that as well. I feel like such a bad parent at time. But at the same time I also have many times when I celebrate my son's differences and really appreciate his uniqueness. He has such a great sense of humor and a very interesting way of looking at the world. I just try to take things one day at a time and not worry about if he will ever be able to live on his own, hold a job, or :wistful sigh: give me grand-babys.

mamakat: thanks for the encouragement :) I have actually been doing very good at passing up food that is not on plan. Just had my first moment of weakness since starting this journey. And you know what? It didn't turn into a week/month/year long binge, so I'm feeling pretty good about it :)

Orod: welcome!

shishke: I LOVE the charm bracelet idea!

boatingmommy: welcome!

IMJB: welcome! :hug: we're all in this together. I'm glad you are here!

rubidoux: welcome!

LGW: Congrats on being out of the 220s!!

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Sugar free carrot cake
2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1.25 C water
.75 C raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg
1 C grated carrots
.5 C unsweetened applesauce
Preheat oven to 375
combine flour, bk soda, bk powder, and salt in one bowl. In a small saucepan, bring water, raisins, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 min. Put carrots in another bowl and pour the liquid on top. Add applesauce and mix thoroughly. Mix wet and dry ingredients. Pour into greased pan (recipe doesn't say what size) and bake for 45-60 min until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Sugar free apple cream cheese frosting
1 C cream cheese
.5 C unsweetened apple juice concentrate
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Leave cream cheese at room temp for half an hour to soften. Whisk cream cheese, apple juice, and vanilla until creamy. You can also add fruit puree if desired.

Larry H
08-02-2011, 10:21 PM

I will keep your DH in my prayers, I had open heart double bypass done in April
of this year. I have no shortness of breath at all even with exertion during exercise. Since Monday morning I have only had 10 ounces of water (1 1/4 cup). I am watching my sodium very closely I had 1410 mg yesterday and 945 mg today.

Pork chop, mashed potato and peas for lunch, Very low sodium tuna sandwich with an apple for dinner.

8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1040 (161 under)

Total so far for the week is 1098 calories under

My weight today is 230 which is 15 pounds down from yesterday

Larry,

haggis
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
On day 4 of my journey - by 5 pm realized that my brain was only half there. I'm doing low carb, so I wasn't really hungry, but realized I needed food. We went to the local chinese restaurant, and I stuck to plan pretty well. Won ton soup, giving the won tons away (well, ate the insides of 2), then chicken and Chinese veg. Strange thing is, I could only eat about a third. Stopped when I was full! Went food shopping afterwards and stocked up on many foods to keep me on plan - always helps if you have the right food on hand.

I'm really pleased that my motivation has been so strong. The last time I felt this confident starting a diet was 7 years ago, soon after the birth of my daughter when I lost 50 lbs (and kept it off for several years before .....well thats another story). I have tried to restart several times but never was able to summon sufficient motivation. I keep asking myself what is different this time. The answer seems to be 3FCs. So thank you all for your support, for letting me get all this out. It really seems to be making a difference!

Diana3271
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone
Yesterday Magnum was doing fine, but last night he took a turn for the worse. I am sad to post that we decided to have Magnum put to sleep this evening. We are both so sad and hurting right now. I just hope we made the right decision and have avoided him having to suffer. {{Magnum}} :cry:

haggis
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I have been so caught up in my own journey that I have rudely been ignoring all of the issues everyone here has. So sorry to hear of these struggles and I wish you all strength.

Diana3271
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Total Approx 1510 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (770 Calories)
1/2 biscuit 70 calories
Grilled roast beef 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise
~KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Legs premix w/10's)
~TF Fire 30

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Diana, I'm so sorry :(

roadbikerchick
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone!

Larry: I hope you find out what’s going on soon. You’re in my thoughts :hug: Glad to hear that the water weight is coming off again. :carrot:

Berry: That’s tough stuff, dealing with the special needs of two kids. Hang in there. :hug:

Mamakat: Wow, you’ve survived a lot of stuff! Take care of yourself, girl. There’s a reason you’re here. :hug:

Iamerican: I agree with you, July was a rough month. Here’s to a better August. ;)

K9: yes, heat and humidity do affect calories burned, but how much I don’t know. Stay cool! :cool:

Alaskanlaughter: Your stories about life up there – just amazing! A turkey as a carry-on :rofl: And you can get through that 205 number – it’s just a number, and you already know everything you need to know to get through it. :carrot:

DZackery: :welcome: and I hope you feel better soon.

Boatingmommy: :welcome: and congratulations on the OP day

Vixsin: Well, we went shopping state-side –love it - and found some great deals. I’ve got VHS still, too. My kids think I’m a dinosaur. ;)

MsThickMiddle: :congrat: on the whoosh!!

Wannabe: :congrat: on the pound

Shells: Oh, hope your little guy gets better soon, and that you get some rest. :hug:

Diana3271: I’m so sorry to hear about Magnum. I went through something similar in February. You made the choice based on your love for him, and that’s what matters. :hug:

I have to stop on personals, because it’s getting so late. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Mojojuju
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Awwwww, Diana, that's just terrible news! I'm so sorry for your loss!

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 11:04 PM
:hug::hug: diana im soo soooo sorry :hug::hug: you did the right thing, but it still sucks :hug::hug:

berryblondeboys
08-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Everyone
Yesterday Magnum was doing fine, but last night he took a turn for the worse. I am sad to post that we decided to have Magnum put to sleep this evening. We are both so sad and hurting right now. I just hope we made the right decision and have avoided him having to suffer. {{Magnum}} :cry:

Diana, I think you know you saved him from a lot of unnecessary suffering by making the decision, as hard as it is. No one likes to do it, but you know he's no longer in pain. Poor fella and poor you. Pets are definitely family too. Heck, I still get choked up when I think about our cat we had to put down four years ago and we still talk about him all the time - As you will with Magnum when the hurt starts to subside. In that way he'll be with you forever.

jeniansmom
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Mmmmmmm....thanks shishke!

alaskanlaughter
08-02-2011, 11:07 PM
im at 1560 calories today and 145 carbs...and im still SOOO hungry...i think its the carbs though, they came from a blended coffee and animal crackers mostly...ive NEVER liked animal crackers in my life, until apparently today and ive had SUCH a hard time staying away from them...they're not even that sweet! i dont know what it is about it....

scale keeps bouncing around...down to 204, up to 208, back and forth...if it sticks at 208 thats still a 3-pound loss for this month but still...i KNOW it can be better than that because i had 204 for several days there...next week when i go back to work i think it will be easier for me to plan my foods and eat better, while this week ive been fighting the urge to raid the cupboards ALL.WEEK...ugh

berryblondeboys
08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I keep trying to re-establish my ties here... but, am having a hard time finding the time this summer. However, I just scheduled my surgery!!! August 26!! I am sure I will then be spending a lot of time here!

Thank you for your support. Diana I feel very confident in my Dr. choice. I visited 2 different surgeon and the one I have chosen spent extensive time with me and was personally recommended by a friend who is a doctor. Vixson- I appreciate what you wrote too. I am not trying to change the "natural me" I am trying to repair the damage that I did when I let myslef gain all that weight. I do feel like it is something I need to do to finish what I've started.

The baby in whining to go to bed. I better get her there!

I think summer schedules make it more difficult to be here and to stick to a plan.

So, I'm curious, how does this surgery affect things if you continue to drop weight? That's one of the worries I have for myself with making decisions on ANYTHING - from getting my rings sized, to buying a nicer wardrobe, to thinking about surgery to remove skin. And is insurance paying for any of it? or is it all out of pocket?

jeniansmom
08-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Diana, I'm so sorry :( You are all in my thoughts. I am glad you had the time with Magnum that you did, but sorry for all of you that it wasn't longer. You have my deepest sympathies.
Jen

mamakat
08-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Diana :hug: so sorry for your loss. :( in the time you've posted about him we all seemed to have gotten attached to him :) Never regret what you did even though it hurts. I know your pain, we have a memorial outside in our back yard for my beloved hedgehog. When I see it it reminds me of her antics and how much I loved her. But I never regret what I did because I couldn't stand to see her suffer. Its a very sad day, send you my best thoughts :hug:

shishkeberry
08-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Holy crap there's a bat in my house! What do I do? I want to get it out but I don't want to wake the baby! Ugh I wish DF was home already. I'm not afraid of bats but I am afraid of being loud when I try to get it out. It's in my son's room. I shut the door so it couldn't get to DD but I'm kinda stumped on what to do next. It's just hanging from the ceiling.

K9Owner
08-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Diana32: :hug: My heart is absolutely disheartened at this moment when I read your sad news. I was just thinking earlier today and almost posted that we needed another Magnum update. From one pet owner/"that's my baby" to another, you and your DH are at the top of my prayer list. I cannot even say, "I know how you feel." or "I know what you're going through", b/c even though I have lost pets in the past, it is still not the same feelings you are having right now.
I feel like we have somehow formed a special bond in this group with the ones who have been around a bit, and I feel confident in saying that if you ever need to vent, we are all here to listen. Deepest sympathies to you and your DH , my friend! :hug:

K9Owner
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Today, my plan was right on!!

Tuesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Fresh Peach 139
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Almond Caramel Ricotta Crème’, Mixed Nuts 575
Tropical Smoothie Lean Machine, Powerbar 530
Red Snapper, Idaho Spuds 199
Total: 1443

Water: 128 oz
Tennis: 836 :woohoo:

alaskanlaughter
08-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Holy crap there's a bat in my house! What do I do? I want to get it out but I don't want to wake the baby! Ugh I wish DF was home already. I'm not afraid of bats but I am afraid of being loud when I try to get it out. It's in my son's room. I shut the door so it couldn't get to DD but I'm kinda stumped on what to do next. It's just hanging from the ceiling.

are bats dangerous or something? do they bite you? i think bats are kinda cool...if it was me, i'd probably just leave it in there, maybe open a window so it could fly out...let me know what happens :)

jeniansmom
08-03-2011, 06:09 AM
So ya. I did it. The big E word. First thing in the morning. Only a 10 minute workout, one of those 10 minute boot camp thingies you can stream on the Wii. It kicked my large bootie. I couldn't keep up with the "boxer shuffle" and am I way too uncoordinated to do all the moves right, but I punched and kicked and when in doubt I shook my groove thing. I couldn't believe it was only 10 minutes as I was sweating and reaching for water by the end, but hey, it's a start :)

Happy, health on plan day to all!
Jen

jeniansmom
08-03-2011, 06:11 AM
oh shishke...do you have a fishing net? My DH says when he was a kid that's how they caught bats, when it would get flying in circles in a room his dad/uncle/whichever male type was around at the time would hold a fishing net up in the bat's path and it wouldn't see it with it's sonar and would fly right into, then they could take it outside and let it go.

shellsbrood
08-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Diana--I am so, so sorry. I wish I could take the pain away for you, my friend. :cry: :hug:

Diana3271
08-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great one and make the most of your day!

I would like to thank all of you for your kindness and words of support and courage. It means more to me than you can even imagine. I can truly feel the love from our group. :grouphug: I knew it was going to be rough, but geesh!

On to other news:

I got a call yesterday from the nurse at the allergists office. She said that the test results show that I am having an allergic reaction. DOH! It doesn't take a blood test to figure that one out. :dizzy: Anyways, she didn't have any specifics. Unfortunately, I think I intimidated her a little with my questions. Anyways, I scheduled an appointment to speak with the Dr. to find out the exact info from the tests. I also have a list of things I want to be skin tested for. I think I mentioned this this from my gyno appointment last week. The gyno said that 70%-90% of people in my situation are never able to find out what they are allergic to. What she is specifically meaning is that people who develop an allergy out of the blue as an adult. She also said that the majority of the time, the allergy passes over time. She implied that allergies that are present as a child are different than my type of situation. :dunno: The Allergist and GP both mentioned the same thing. So, I am going for my next appointment. I will have all the skin tests that I want to have performed at that time. Then I am done with it.

Weigh In: 142.4
Down: .8

zoodoo613
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Ugh, we get bats in the house all the time. My husband has a butterfly net that he'll catch it with and then let them go outside. Since it's still, trapping it with a bucket and newspaper might work. Count yourself lucky that it's just hanging there! It's so eerie to wake up to find one flying around the bedroom.

zoodoo613
08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm so sorry to hear that Diana. I'm sure you made the right decision, and there would never have been a point when it would have been an easy decision to make. :hug:

zoodoo613
08-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Mornin'.

Weigh-in this morning was 195.4. Another on track day yesterday, food-wise, 1400 calories. I need to just keep stringing them together and maybe I'll get somewhere.

This was odd, and I guess a bit of an NSV. I took my son to his art class last night. The last time he went was 3 weeks ago, since he was in CO the last 2 weeks. I did the same walk both time, 3.5 miles on the nearby rail trail. but this time I did it 3 minutes faster! Last time I felt really rushed to get back in time to pick him up and felt like I was booking it. This time I pushed, but it didn't feel that bad. My pace was pretty darn close to a 15 min/mile, where as 3 weeks ago it was over 16. I'm pretty surprised by this. The last 3 weeks have hardly been high intensity training weeks.

Mojojuju
08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Quick pre-run update--weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and my suspicions were correct. Back up to 288.8! Almost eight pounds up.

This water weight gain-loss yo-yo seems excessive, even for me. I hope I don't discover I have a heart condition when I go in to see my doctor. :?:

I bet I drop at least two of that in water after this run, since I'm gonna run as much as I walk for the first time today. Wish me luck!

berryblondeboys
08-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Feeling sore this morning in my legs. I think the squats yesterday during the workout did it. i think I went lower than I usually do. Interesting that my legs are feeling it because I was walking a lot while on vacation (so using my leg muscles) and I didn't up the weights on my legs during the workout. My arms, however, I felt yesterday the workout was easier and I was using the same weights as always. Halfway through, I switched my weights a bit higher and you would think with 1.5 weeks of no weighted workout and with upping my weights in class my arms/shoulders would be sore, but nope... not at all. Just the legs. That's odd!

Mojojuju
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Jeniansmom: HUZZAH! Good for you! Those ten minutes will start to feel easier and easier and easier till you won't feel satisfied with them and will push yourself further! That's a big NSV, as far as I am concerned. Breaking the initial exercise inertia is a big deal.

ZooDoo: I love it when I discover my body is stronger than I expected, don't you? :D Good job!

Shishke: Update on the bat situation? They're so cute, but nobody wants them pooping on the carpet, amirite? ;)

BerryBlonde: If I were to guess, I'd say that your rest let your arm muscles repair themselves--so the new cells are stronger and ready to go! If they were sore before, it was because of micro tears in the muscle fibers, which is after all how we build strength once those tears are repaired. So good on you, you probably built muscle. Grrrr strong! :strong:

iamerican
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Diana: I am so sorry about Magnum. Hang in there. I hope your appt with the DR goes well.

If I see 243 one more time I dont even know what I will do..... GAH!!!! I have been eating pretty well and exercing more. Please let there be 242.something tomorrow!!!!! :)

shishkeberry
08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
It's still in there lol! DF got home around midnight but we decided to let it wait until morning. They're not really dangerous but I didn't think I could be quiet getting it out if it flew at my face and DD is a light sleeper. I like watching bats fly at night, I just don't want it in my house. Actually, I might let my cat go at it. She's a great mouser so maybe she could catch a bat? I think she'd have fun trying at least.

Maile
08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Jamerican: I feel the same way. The scale is not moving..Hope we both get a change tomorrow.

Diane: I feel animals are part of the family. I am so sorry about Magnum. I hope they do figure out your allergy which might help you feel better.

Today is workout day and then attacking the yard for weeds with my husband and son.
Wt..167.

berryblondeboys
08-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Busy day for me today - step class at 9:35 am and then I'm making lasagna for our neighbor (and my family) today. She had shoulder surgery yesterday. I'm also making salad and homemade bread and some homemade ice cream. They took care of my potted plants while we were on vacation and that was a BIG task, so I wanted to do something for them while she recuperated.

I also have to finish up the dessert for my MIL's birthday. Little guy wanted to help me finish that up. I made the bulk of it last night as it needs to chill at least overnight. I always forget how complicated that recipe is. No wonder it's good - there are 50 thousand layers/steps to it.

Thinking of you today Diana.

Oh, and down .6 today. TTOM started yesterday.

shishkeberry
08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok, so we went upstairs to check and the bat is gone!? While I'm glad that the problem resolved itself, for the life of me I can't figure out how it got in and out. The windows are all shut and there are no holes in the ceiling or anything. It's a mystery.

still
08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Diana3271- :hug::hug::hug: I am so sorry to hear about Magnum. My heart goes out to you and your family. :hug::hug::hug:

Larry- How are you?

I'm finally caught up reading the thread! Hi, everyone! DH, DS and I took an impromptu weekend trip up north to Mackinac Island this past weekend, which was fabulous. I did my best making healthy food choices, but didn't track. We walked most everywhere we went, so I got in some good exercise. DH did some fishing and DS and I spent a good long time playing in the sand on the beach. It was just refreshing.

My weight has been bouncing lately, still within that 166 to 169 range though. I think my meds are low though, because I've been having some weird body symptoms (coldness in the 90 + degree weather, hair falling out, weird digestion and reproductive issues). So this week I'm getting my August blood work and we'll see. I'm a bit sad that I'm not losing weight, but considering that I should be gaining weight in droves right now, I'll take it. :) Today and yesterday I'm aiming for lower carb. Yesterday I kept my carbs down to 113. Weigh in this AM was 167.

I love, love, love the bracelet charms idea! How cute!

Wish me luck- a friend and I are doing our first ever craft show/artisan market tomorrow, so I've been super busy getting ready! I hope I sell -something-!

mamakat
08-03-2011, 09:10 AM
iamerican 243 is the devil number. I was so happy when I reached it because it marked 40#'s but I had a bugger of a time getting past it. ((fingerscrossed)) that the scale moves tomorrow for you.

berryblondeboys
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Ok, so we went upstairs to check and the bat is gone!? While I'm glad that the problem resolved itself, for the life of me I can't figure out how it got in and out. The windows are all shut and there are no holes in the ceiling or anything. It's a mystery.

It's probably hiding behind something. They can squeeze into very small places. It will probably come out again this evening if you can't find it's hiding place.

haggis
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Weight check in this morning 205.2 - a little gain, but I think this is my digestive system adjusting to the low carb diet. Amazing hw the hunger leaves when the carbs do.

We once had a bat in our house - suspect it flew down the chimney. My father and brother were assigned to deal with it, but chickened out, so when my mother saw them watching TV she called the cops. A big burly police woman showed up 20 min later and asked for brooms - I think my mother assumed she would just shoot it!

Vixsin
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Just a quick one for me this morning. TOM is gone! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm down .6 to 186.0 on the money. I am focused and on plan. I want my whoosh!!!! :sumo: More work on the living room tonight and finish up the kitchen detail.

Diana: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about Magnum.

I'll catch up at lunch! :wave:

K9Owner
08-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Nikki: Good luck at the artisan market. I love going to those!

Shishke: If I had a bat in my house, I would freak out! If it entered and exited the way you have described, I would REALLY freak out! I’d have to inspect every aspect of that room to find a portal, and in the meantime, that door would have to remain CLOSED!

Melissa: What a sweet/neighborly gesture to fix dinner for others! I love it! I was just speaking to my trainer last night about doing favors for other people, b/c you never know when you yourself will need one in return!

Maile: Best of luck with your stubborn scale! Push on some more!

JenIan: :bravo: on the E! :lol: I love that—the big E!

Diana: :hug: I hope you find out what your actual allergy is. It sure would make things a little easier. Thinking of you and your dh today. :hug:

ZooDoo: :high: good job on the brisker pace! You’ll be a runner if you keep that up!

Mojojuju: I hope you are not having heart issues, although it is certainly possible. Hang in there. This has to be tough for you. Hope your run goes well!

iUSAn: I read your blog from time to time and I am going to be really stern with you here, b/c I can’t commie on your blog. TIGHTEN UP! That’s what my trainer friend tells me—all the TIME! No amount of exercise is going to make up for your food choices. Being from the south, I hope you have heard the saying “calling the kettle black”, which is EXACTLY what I’m doing. When I point to you, I have 3 fingers and a thumb pointing back to me. But in all seriousness, as hard as it is being in school and trying to watch what you eat, exercise, and make good decisions, it is NEVER a bad time to start! I’m sending you a little :dust: to help you get back on track. You’re body is moving—which is good, but what’s moving to your lips, I believe is the culprit here!
:cheer: YOU CAN DO IT! :cheer:

Haggis, I don’t think I properly welcomed you to think thread. :wel3fc: and this AWESOME thread of supportive people!

Larry: You’ve got me hanging by a thread here! How is your edema today? The reason you are probably not short of breath is this: as you know, there are 2 sides of the heart, the right side and the left. Blood is pumped into the right side via the atria, through the ventricle, then to the lungs, then the left atria, left ventricle then out of the aorta where it supplies the entire body (going to the brain 1st), and the cycle repeats itself. When you have right-sided heart issues, you have edema in the extremities—such as you have described. When you have left-sided heart issues, blood backs up in the lungs 1st and causes pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs), which is where the SOB (shortness of breath) comes into play. Sometimes, patients have one or the other, and sometimes a combo of both.
Your food choices over the past few weeks with your sodium intake is what is scaring me. You know better than to flush your particular sodium with water! This will NOT help your specific condition. Good job on sticking to the fluid restriction. Those are tough, especially in the summer when it’s so hot outside!

DZackery
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Good morning! Weight this morning stuck at 168.6 and I'm super hyped about it. I thought for sure it would go back up after I rehydrated myself but there it was...in all it's glory. I'm totally motivated now. I will be forgoing the pancakes I made for the kids for some fruit. :)

sontaikle
08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone! Not too happy with the scale right now, but that's another story. Then again I worked out A LOT yesterday so it could just be .5lb of water weight :3

My last physical was just before college, and I remember being 5'2" there. I looked at my last physical in January (5 years later...) and I was measured at just over 5'3"! I didn't believe it and decided to measure myself and...5'3"!

This means that at my current weight I'm not longer obese! Very happy right now.

Mojojuju
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
K9: Thanks! It did go well, I ran as much as I walked, five min on, five min off, which is a new high for me. It means I ran for 25 minutes! Admittedly, it was broken up, I can't wait till I can do that without walking in-between, but wow! Go me.

Weighed myself after workout, dropped 6 lbs of water weight. I just feel like that can't be normal, though I do sweat profusely in the FL sun and humidity. Are you a nurse by chance? You seem pretty knowledgeable about health things. Your heart lecture reminded me of a Happy Days song...

Too bad I can't post links yet, but go to YouTube and search "Happy Days Pumps Your Blood" for a good giggle. :D

DZackery
08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Sontaike- If you ate any salt yesterday and drank a bunch of water you could be retaining a little bit. It happens to me sometimes. Shoot....a half pound could be anything from not having a BM recently to having wet hair vs dry hair.

Good luck tomorrow!

K9Owner
08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Mojojuju: I am a heart specialty RN.

mlgibson
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Howdy ya'll!

Soooo...I went to lunch with my folks. Got half a sandwich and a cup of french onion soup. Never had that kind before. Came home and calculated everything...and I am already at 1,100 calories. o_0

Apparently french onion soup is loaded...! So I had lunch, some protein, and I'm done for the day. Oops...

jeniansmom
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Diane: allergies are weird. I was allergic to all sorts of stuff as a kid (had the skin tests and even shots for awhile) but since I've moved I have a lot less trouble than I used to even with all the same plants and molds around. So far I don't have food allergies. It must be frustrating. I hope you are able to get some concrete answers. :hug:

zoodoo: congrats on the walk being easier. So, I guess those "15-minute mile people" DO exist ;) yay for you!

Mojojuju and K9: thank you :D

iamerican: sending wooooosh vibes your way!

Maile: woooooosh vibes for you too!

and woooooosh vibes for Vixsin!

berry: it all sounds far too yummy :drool: congrats on the .6

still: great job maintaining and good luck at the craft show...sounds like a lot of work but hopefully a good pay off and fun :)

DZ: congrats on the weight sticking and great choice to pass up the pancakes. I have been on the search for a low carb pancake that tastes decent that I can have as a treat once in awhile. I've tried several things. So far none tastes decent.

Mojojuju: congrats on the running!

Andejean
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Okay ladies, I'm back... I fell off the wagon and regained 5 of my 25 lbs lost... time to recommit! Also, I will be having nasal surgery 1 week from tomorrow to correct a severely impacted deviated septum. I think it may be hard to stay on track while I"m that out of it, so I'd like to get a plan in place and groceries bought before surgery. Off to buy healthier food... BBL

Larry H
08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Larry[/B]: You’ve got me hanging by a thread here! How is your edema today? The reason you are probably not short of breath is this: as you know, there are 2 sides of the heart, the right side and the left. Blood is pumped into the right side via the atria, through the ventricle, then to the lungs, then the left atria, left ventricle then out of the aorta where it supplies the entire body (going to the brain 1st), and the cycle repeats itself. When you have right-sided heart issues, you have edema in the extremities—such as you have described. When you have left-sided heart issues, blood backs up in the lungs 1st and causes pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs), which is where the SOB (shortness of breath) comes into play. Sometimes, patients have one or the other, and sometimes a combo of both. Your food choices over the past few weeks with your sodium intake is what is scaring me. You know better than to flush your particular sodium with water! This will NOT help your specific condition. Good job on sticking to the fluid restriction. Those are tough, especially in the summer when it’s so hot outside!

I still have pitting edema on my ankles only and then only after sitting a while. I would estimate an 80% improvement since Monday. I have lost 20 of the 25 pounds that I gained. I have been super careful about sodium and fluids.
I had a total of 17 ounces of fluid intake today and only after getting thirsty for the first time since Monday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday sodium intake was 1410, 945 and 1291 mg. Today was the first day that I drank more than 16 ounces of fluid. I have no discomfort and no shortness of breath at all. As a matter of fact I feel great!! My BP at the doctor's was a normal for me 112/50. The doctor spent a lot of time listening to my heart and lungs. Nothing unusual. I see the doctor again on Monday and other actions may be taken depending on my condition on Monday.

I have "temporarily" cut my calorie consumption to help reduce my sodium intake. I am eating strictly at home and I am doing all the cooking so that I know exactly what my sodium and calorie intake is. I add no sodium while cooking and I add none at the table. I am also making a concerted effort to find low sodium and no salt added food ingredients at the supermarket for my cooking.

225 pounds today down from 245 on monday

8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 951 (550 under)

Total so far for the week is 1648 calories under

Larry,

Larry H
08-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Diana, I am so sorry for your loss of Magnum!! All I can offer is a big hug :hug:

Larry,

LGW
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Checking in at 219.4...i think...i have to check the other thread where I noted my weight this am :)...at any rate...up 1.?...will stick to plan....!

jeniansmom
08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Larry,
Soooo glad things are getting back to normal with the edema. I know you were in my thoughts and those of all on the thread.

I would love it if you'd be willing to share any "secrets" or "great finds" for low sodium ingredients. I just started tracking sodium and I am appalled at how much there is in everything! DH and I both work full time and it's hard to find the time (or gumption) to cook everything from scratch. I thought we were doing pretty good with making stuff about half from scratch, but I am seriously shocked by how much sodium is in what we eat :( Even the "less sodium" soy sauce I've had in the fridge forever has 575mg per TB!!

I'm not looking to go low sodium, I'd just like to be able to stay within the recommended daily allowance.

berryblondeboys
08-03-2011, 08:13 PM
I have no idea how to figure out how many calories that lasagna for supper had. I could reconstruct it and make a recipe, but ugh!!!

Ok, just added it. Lasagna is not a diet friendly food! WOW! I ate two smallish squares and that's 984 calories (I'll have to double check the number of squares the pan made). But, fit within my calories for today as I didn't eat lunch, phew! However, I will want to eat a serving of Sonja's birthday dessert. It took me over three hours to prepare it, so skipping it would be torture! (just one serving though - to make sure it turned out ok, don't you know?).

Plus, I was on my feet cooking for over 6 hours today! Wow! No wonder I'm tired!

Diana3271
08-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I truly appreciate them. I really feel the love and support from everyone. :grouphug:

This has been a lot more difficult than we even thought it would be. Tonight we went to one of the islands to eat. I wanted to have a different routine tonight than what we normally have. We always get home quickly to let Magnum out. Anyways, we went to a new restaurant. The food was very expensive and there was limited healthier items for me. We decided to share a plate. I had some fried foods, but we shared everything. So I ate food that was not very good for me, in moderation.

I am happy to report that I have not turned to food for comfort. I was going to put off my workout, but decided against that. Not doing a workout won't fix anything.

Zoodoo It sounds like your stamina is increasing with your walking. That's a great NSV!

Erica Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

Maile :wave:

Berry Congrats on the .6 and for hitting the gym!

Still If you are having those symptoms, I'll bet that your thyroid meds are a little low.

Haggis Hi :wave:

Vixsin Congrats on the .6, and Bye Bye TTOM!

K9 I love your new avatar. You are so pretty.

DZackery I'm glad that drop in the scale stuck for you! :carrot:

Sontaikle Hi :wave: It could just be a daily fluctuation, too.

Mojojuju Hmm, you hold on to a lot of water, too. When is your next Dr. appointment. I hope there is a simple explanation for the water weight.

Mlgibson Have you heard that within the year, the calories in foods are suppose to be posted at all the major chain restaurants. I think that will be a big help for the calories counters.

Jeniansmom Hi :wave:

Andejean Hi :wave: It's good to see you.

Larry I'm glad to hear the water weight is going away and all your vitals were OK at the Dr's office. I'm hoping there's nothing serious going on with you. Please keep us updated.

LGW Keep that focus!

Shishkeberry Hmm, a bat? Wanna guess how loud I would be screaming? :lol:

Roadbikerchick Hi :wave:

Shells Hi :wave:

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I am so sorry. :hug:

Diana3271
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Total Approx 1390 Calories + :coffee:
My calories showing seem low, but I had fried foods for dinner. Fried foods seem to have more calories than we normally think. I am unsure of the exact calories and exactly how much I ate since DH and I shared a meal. I'm not hungry, so that's all that matters for right now.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories) I have room here, in case my calculations are wrong
About 15 french fries 150 calories
5 grilled shrimp 100 calories
4 grilled scallops 50 calories
Shared coleslaw 100 calories
1/2 fried flounder filet 150 calories
8 fried clam strips 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

LGW
08-03-2011, 10:27 PM
July 31 217.8

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)

shishkeberry
08-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Well, I checked his room again tonight and still no bat. Did DF and I both imagine it? Lol no idea but it's not there now. I'm still keeping that door shut just in case.

DZackery
08-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Logged another 2 miles today. I was in a rush to get back so we could get ready for church and ended up shaving 15 minutes off my time! I need a sweet....icecream sandwich? or apple?.......FINE....apple it is.

Shish- My husband and I both heard the mouse trap snap and a mouse squeal...but no mouse...go figure. LOL

mamakat
08-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Quick NSV I am down in 4 pant sizes! After the summer is over I will retire my capris like I did last years pants. I was gonna get some clearance items today but opted to see what fashion will look like next year. I never know if I'll lose it slow or fast so I'll wait. My wardrobe is thinning out that's for sure. :)

alaskanlaughter
08-04-2011, 01:01 AM
checking in at the end of the evening....i'm at 1310 calories and 84 carbs...been trying to get my carbs a little lower again, they got higher than i wanted for a week or so...went shopping for healthy foods tonight and, ugh, it's spendyyy here...a bag of cherries for $6.45 and Fage yogurt is $2/container (the SMALL containers)....got my hair cut really short again tonight and now i'm coloring it back to a nice dark red-brown...need to rinse off the color and finish cleaning the kitchen but its only 9 p.m....i have a whole other hour left lol

mlgibson
08-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Diana, that is good news. It will be nice to not be so surprised at the end of it, lol.

shish: Be very careful. Having a bat in the house is very serious, more so then people realize. They carry rabies and other diseases. Doctors say that if a bat has been in the same area where you sleep, then you need to be seen and. The small bite marks may go unnoticed or overlooked. There was one case where a female came in contact with rabies. Had no symptoms for three years, and then was overcame with the disease. You said you have a cat? Check him/her over for marks too.

The CDC actually recommends capture of the bat, and for it to be sent in for testing if it was around people while they were sleeping.

"If you've seen a bat in your home, follow CDC guidelines; seek medical attention by contacting your local health departments epidemiology department immediately. This bat should be tested, and the health department may recommend that you undergo rabies post exposure treatment."
"If you have pets, take them to your veterinarian immediately and make sure that all of their vaccinations are brought up to date, including rabies."

http://www.totalwildlifecontrol.com/bats-rabies-safety.html

For more information:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/05/020506074445.htm
http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2999985

alaskanlaughter
08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
The bears are out again!! Just last week up in the native village, a big brown bear tried to get into DH's elderly mom's house and ripped the door off the hinges. Luckily someone got rid of it before it did anything worse. Here in town, a black bear tried to get into our friend's trailer, smacked the door and damaged the door frame, cracked the drywall around it, and our friend shot the bear through the door. Don't know if he killed it or not.

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/03/1999505/bold-black-bears-are-causing-some.html

Diana3271
08-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great one!

I mentioned last night that I had some fried seafood. I left room in my calories in case I was off in my calculations. (my calories look low) Well, I remembered last night/this morning that I also had a couple fried oysters. I didn't include those in the calculations. So, my calories are not correct. :lol: Oh well. ;) It could be worse, right?

Calories for yesterday: 1390 + :coffee: + fried oysters + anything else I might have forgotten :rofl:
Weigh In: 142.2
Down: .2

berryblondeboys
08-04-2011, 08:29 AM
And back up .6 today. Seems that's where I'm going to settle in for awhile. yesterday's calories were a bit higher (1850) and higher in sodium. Though I was really active yesterday too, so it's probably a wash in more food and more movement.

I'm still sore from Body Pump, but it's not pain sore today. I was really hurting yesterday. I have body pump again today. I have a feeling today I won't be able to do as much as the other day.

zoodoo613
08-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Weigh-in 193.8. Calories were OK until we walked down to the store and bought ice cream :o They're still not too bad, really, about 1600. And hey we walked right? That counts for something.

My husband left on a motorcycle trip for the next week and I'm going to have to be more creative about exercise, since I can't just walk out the door whenever I want if he's not here. And my son's bike is currently broken. I'll have to make fixing it a priority.

'Tis the season for bats. We regularly get them in the house, but usually my husbands around to deal. He wasn't last night, so I stepped up to the challenge. You should have seen me, swinging the net and ducking at the same time. Real brave, I was. But I caught it and let it go, and that's what counts.

shishkeberry
08-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm pretty sure my cat never even saw the bat. She would have been going nuts trying to get it. As far as I can tell, it was in my son's room the whole time and now it's gone. My son wasn't here so I don't have to worry about him being bitten. So I think I'm ok. That's scary about the rabies, though. I think I did know that they sometimes carry it but I forgot.

Maile
08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Alaskamom..Why are the bears attacking? Are they hungry and can't find food in the forest?? We thought we had problems with a fox family living next door and attacking our cats!

Well I am staying at 167..i think I am at a wall. Today's goal is to eat fish and exercise and see if that does anything. Off to work on plants before it gets too hot.

Vixsin
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm down .4 today to 185.6. I'll take it. I'm super sluggish today. Taking tomorrow off of work to finish up the cleaning. I'm dubbing it Unfinished Projects Day. :lol:

No time for personals, I have a LOT to get finished so I can have a work-free day tomorrow.

I'll check back at lunch!

K9Owner
08-04-2011, 10:12 AM
MamaKat: :yay: for your NSV! That’s awesome!!

Diana32: Thx for the sweet compliment!

Larry: I’m glad to hear your update! Keep up eating at home. That sounds like the best choice!!

No time for more personals. I have a dentist appt. :barf:

Wednesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Polaner Allfruit, FF Cheese Omelet 193
**Skipped Lunch** :fr:
PB Oats, Happy Heart Trail Mix 660
Turkey Patty, Mashed Potatoes, Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream 378
Total: 1231

Water: 128oz (STILL NOT ENOUGH)
:running: 500

So, yesterday it was very HOT here and by hot—I mean literally [Alaskan, brace yourself], 106F with a heat index of 116F!!!
I did NOT make it through my run, as it was still 98F at 7pm :yikes:
I was not hydrated enough, despite having drank 100oz of water (not Crystal Lite), a SoBe with B+ Vitamins, and water on the run. I ran 1.25 miles, then walked the remainer at a 15 mile pace for a total of 4 miles. I was SO hot by the time those miles were up, I thought I was literally going to BURST into flames!

Another hot day expected today, but I have a dentist appt. and will not exercise today :(
I have done really well this week, and I expect a good report from the :goodscale tomorrow!! BRING IT!!

DZackery
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
So I'm typing this for the second time since my 2 year old turned off my computer....grr....

I weighed in at 167.8, down .8, so I'm happy about that. Hubby is home today from work so I will probably try to go earlier for my jog and see if I cant add some additional mileage to it....although 2 miles a day seems to be working out for me. Trying to be prepared for TOM in the next week or so...I always gain like 3 pounds the week before.

We are expecting a Tropical Storm on Saturday...woo hoo! We need the rain deperately...my waterfront house is ditch front right now. LOL

Hope ya'll have a good one!

shishkeberry
08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
My birthday boy is home so just a quick post. 255 this morning! 34lbs lost! Now I know that I'll probably gain back 1-3 of those pounds in a day or two but it was still nice to see :)

Andejean
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Good morning all! Allergies are kicking my butt... I slept until 9:30 when my fiance called to ask if I wanted him to pick me up and we'd go out for breakfast. If he hadn't called, I'd probably still be sleeping.

I had a HUGE potato pancake, with baked apples, and three slices of bacon, and a glass of milk. About 1050 calories... Don't worry, that's breakfast AND lunch, LOL. Tonight I'll make chicken breast and veg.

Eeeks to bats and bears, the worst we get around here are stray cats and wood chucks that make home in our garage!

Last night I forced myself to play some Wii, instead of sitting in front of the TV... Played Michael Jackson Experience. I only did 4 of the easy songs, but by the end I was sweating, and we had the AC on! Tonight I may have to do more!

alaskanlaughter
08-04-2011, 12:54 PM
good morning! the scale is messing with my mind today *ugh*...it bounces up, and down, up and down all the time but it's RIGHT before my monthly weigh in and its UP today..ive been keeping my calories around 1300-1500 and now im wondering if i need to cut calories even more...ive also been doing hand weights so i wonder if some of the "up" bouncing is muscle etc...but still its very discouraging...i know i've seen 206 this month and 204 this month but now its at 209 and i worry that my weigh in tomorrow wont show any difference than last month's weigh in of 211 *sigh*

DZackery
08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
So I ate 1 small pancake and an apple for breakfast this...afternoon. LOL I think it was like an hour ago but I am hungry again. Hubby bought chips at the store this morning and I'm chewing my nails off....I want a salad but I want tuna on it and im out....i may have to make a run to the store.

Andejean
08-04-2011, 01:08 PM
DZackery - Salad with Tuna sounds wonderful. I'm still full from breakfast (an hour ago, LOL), but if I wasn't, I have no salad... Oh well, a trip to the farmers market is in order! :)

alaskanlaughter
08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
ugh sooo wanting to eat everything bad in sight...luckily there's not much unhealthy in this house lol....already at 730 calories and its only noon, and 77 carbs...mostly from some raviolis and animal crackers...i have zero willpower today and i know my weigh in tomorrow will show practically nothing lost this whole month even though ive been doing low carb, counting calories, hand weights, biking and pool time in addition to the usual housecleaning, running errands and watching 5 kids daily...sooo discouraged...all that hard work and practically nothing to show for it tomorrow

berryblondeboys
08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
ugh sooo wanting to eat everything bad in sight...luckily there's not much unhealthy in this house lol....already at 730 calories and its only noon, and 77 carbs...mostly from some raviolis and animal crackers...i have zero willpower today and i know my weigh in tomorrow will show practically nothing lost this whole month even though ive been doing low carb, counting calories, hand weights, biking and pool time in addition to the usual housecleaning, running errands and watching 5 kids daily...sooo discouraged...all that hard work and practically nothing to show for it tomorrow

But why do you care about an official monthly weigh in? you know you are in an upward blip and that you have seen losses. So, in your heart you KNOW you are doing something and making progress. We fluctuate and you might just be in a normal upward fluctuation for you right now. Try not to let that discourage you.

For what it's worth, it's 4 pm here and I've already eaten 920 calories for today and that was as of 1:30 pm.

K9Owner
08-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Alaskan: :hug: Keep your head up gf! This too shall pass and remember “You are a work in PROGRESS!!”

Ande: Welcome Back!!

DZ: I hate “nail-biter” days!! I have those before TOM when that dumb cRAVEN bird is at my house!! :tantrum:

Shishke: I know I posted on your MFP wall, but :bravo: on 34 lbs!! GREAT JOB!!

VIX: All that cleaning you do makes my head :spin:

Diana32: :hug: Thinking of you today!

Mlgibson: remind me never to order the FO Soup! :yikes:

LGW: Sending a little :dust: to you, friend!

DZackery
08-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Doing better now, I went to the store and got some tuna. I made a salad and set it down....and my veggie loving dog ate it. LOL so I made another one and he tried to it that too! But my belly feels better, I think I will go for a jog before dinner.

Andejean
08-04-2011, 05:17 PM
back from the farmers market with carrots, lettuce, kohlrabi, pattypan squash, yellow beans, tomatoes. My fiance was impressed that I didn't want to stop at the culver's custard stand in the park... nope, no custard... kohlrabi!

Off to figure out ways to serve pattypan...

MsThickMiddle
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh Happy Day! Back on track! Woke up this morning and lost a few pounds. I was extremely active yesterday. My oldest son started soccer practice last night. And I ate great yesterday, wasn't really even hungry all day, forced myself to eat tuna and crackers. Bottled water all day. Best of all I feel Fabulous! :D

My name is MsThickMiddle and I caved yesterday! :(

I have been craving a burrito for a great Mexican place for months. Well. I had to drive past there on my way downtown yesterday. I thought about that burrito the whole time I was gone. On my way back home, I caved! Stopped ordered a SMALL one and ate it for lunch. I will admit it was delicious! And I'd do it again if I had to. lol. Anyhow I was terrified to weigh in this morning because of it. So, when I weighed in I just about passed out. I went from 181.5 up to 187! BUT! I weighed again and was back down to 181 this afternoon????? So, I hope it's all "passed" and I'm back on track now!

08/04: 181

Andejean
08-04-2011, 06:27 PM
MsThick - I think satisfying your craving was a good idea. And you were smart to order a small. The scale jump was probably from the sodium, and all should go back to normally now. :) Plus you won't be thinking about that pesky burrito all day now! :)

berryblondeboys
08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
MsThick - I think satisfying your craving was a good idea. And you were smart to order a small. The scale jump was probably from the sodium, and all should go back to normally now. :) Plus you won't be thinking about that pesky burrito all day now! :)

I agree. The hardest part about weight loss is finding that balance. You can't hide from life and normal foods. Sure, you could go on a special diet with their own foods, but eventually, you have to come back to normal eating.

So what is normal eating? It's what you did. You were craving something, but you kept it reasonable. If it's high calorie still, just watch it the rest of the day.

As far as the jump up - remember, food has weight. Water has weight. We vary in pounds every day. Food takes 24-48 hours to be digested, so it's impact can't be known hours after ingesting it. Sodium can have effect quickly or it make take a few hours, but the rest takes time from fast - sugars to slower - fats and proteins.

So, don't beat yourself up. You are retraining yourself how to eat so that you can keep the weight off.

DZackery
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Logged another 2 miles today. The FL heat will kick your butt! Had a nice cold shower and now on to cooking dinner for hubby and 3 kiddies. I'm needing somthing a bit more than salad tonight for dinner but...I dont know what do eat and the pickins are a bit slim...Not really sure what to do...I feel like I'm needing some salt but I know it will make me retain every ounce of water I guzzled when I got back from running....*sigh* dont know what to do....

Perhaps an egg? I say "an egg" cause I only have one....LOL

alaskanlaughter
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
But why do you care about an official monthly weigh in? you know you are in an upward blip and that you have seen losses. So, in your heart you KNOW you are doing something and making progress. We fluctuate and you might just be in a normal upward fluctuation for you right now. Try not to let that discourage you.

For what it's worth, it's 4 pm here and I've already eaten 920 calories for today and that was as of 1:30 pm.

:hug:thank you and thanks k9 also :hug:

it's just a weird transition time this week...ending my summer childcare and getting ready for work again...and reading on facebook on one of those "you know you're from..." groups brought up alot of old and sad memories for me...and it's pouring rain out and i miss my son....and i could go on n on...for some reason...especially missing my friend who died when we were in college...stuff like that...when i get down i get REALLY DOWN and then i spring back and i'm good for another year or so :)

i made a nice big chocolatey protein shake and that satisfied my wanting something cold and chocolatey and filled me up enough to where i didnt want to keep eating...im making a lower-carb enchilada dish tonight, using cabbage wraps instead of tortilla wraps...and BIL is coming over for dinner

berryblondeboys
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
:hug:thank you and thanks k9 also :hug:

it's just a weird transition time this week...ending my summer childcare and getting ready for work again...and reading on facebook on one of those "you know you're from..." groups brought up alot of old and sad memories for me...and it's pouring rain out and i miss my son....and i could go on n on...for some reason...especially missing my friend who died when we were in college...stuff like that...when i get down i get REALLY DOWN and then i spring back and i'm good for another year or so :)

i made a nice big chocolatey protein shake and that satisfied my wanting something cold and chocolatey and filled me up enough to where i didnt want to keep eating...im making a lower-carb enchilada dish tonight, using cabbage wraps instead of tortilla wraps...and BIL is coming over for dinner

I'm sorry you are down. I know sometimes it feels like it pours in sadness/upset. Sometimes it's tied to hormones and sometimes it's not. You're in a period of transition too (or it's about to hit) so it's normal to feel the blues.

I'm proud of you though for making a protein shake instead of delving into something else!

MsThickMiddle
08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks ladies. I needed to hear that. I felt a whole lot better when I checked my weight this evening and was back down, actually minus .5 than yesterday! Hope to be in the 170's by Sunday!

DZackery
08-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I was logging the food I ate today on Fitday and I have eaten more calories today than all week. I logged 962 calories today. I'm a bit scared to get on the scale tomorrow...

Diana3271
08-04-2011, 08:50 PM

I am going to try to get to bed early tonight, so I won't be doing personals. We haven't slept well this week.

I might have a scheduled higher calorie day tomorrow. Well, specifically dinner. My breakfast and lunch will stay the same. DH mentioned about going to an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in about a year.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB w/#5's and #10's

K9Owner
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Thursday's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Fresh Peach 184
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 255
PB Oats 265
Turkey Patty, Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Peach, Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream 527
Total: 1231

Water: 88oz
K9 Walk: 113
:dancer: 347
Total: 460

:goodscale pls be kind to me tomorrow!!

haggis
08-04-2011, 09:59 PM
You all are very impressive with your calorie counts - never managed to get the hand of that. Perhaps that is one of the many reasons the low carb works for me.

I must say that with all of the bats and bears on this board it seems really exciting. We just have the occasional squirrel in these parts.

Dropped to 203 today - I know this is just the first week shedding of water etc but it is still nice to see the numbers go down. At this rate I should be able to get below 200 before my birthday on the 29th. It is really odd how I am not at all hungry. At certain points I get an emptiness, and I realize I need fuel, but not really hunger. I guess the sugar really is behind cravings, at least for me.

iamerican
08-04-2011, 10:06 PM
ZooDoo and Berry: 193 is so amazing! Remember when you were just getting to onederland…and now you are 7 under! Congrats.

K9: That is nuts! DRINK WATER! Good luck in that heat. I could not survive.

Shish: Nice loss!

Haggis: Congrats on the loss.

I did W2D2 of C25k today. It went really well. I am loving it!

mlgibson
08-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure my cat never even saw the bat. She would have been going nuts trying to get it. As far as I can tell, it was in my son's room the whole time and now it's gone. My son wasn't here so I don't have to worry about him being bitten. So I think I'm ok. That's scary about the rabies, though. I think I did know that they sometimes carry it but I forgot.

Good to hear ya'll were safe! And yeah, one article I think mentioned it was harder for the bats to sneak-sleep attack animals.
I watched the movie 'Quarintine'...scary stuff! Researched the heck out of rabies after, lol.

alaskanlaughter
08-05-2011, 12:36 AM
just checking in for the night...its been a busy evening as well but tomorrow is friday...i still dont know what was up with me today...i was so discouraged this morning and so emotional this afternoon and so irritated with people this evening...

i got to about 1300 calories and 100 carbs and just sort of quit counting after that...what i ate after that was 2 healthy cabbage wrap/turkey burger enchiladas, 2 bites of refried beans, and a bowl of cherries...so i dont suppose i did too much damage

i almost feel like i need to take a "diet break" but i know if i do, the weight will come flying back on...so i guess i'll just wake up tomorrow and keep at it...i did my calorie allowance according to the other thread (weight x 7) and it puts me at about 1400-1500 which is right where ive been trying to aim anyhow...i think it will be easier to eat healthy and eat less when i get back to work next week anyhow so i'm kind of looking forward to that...3 day weekend after tomorrow!!

jeniansmom
08-05-2011, 05:54 AM
2 weeks ago I was down to 249.5, then I went back up to 252.5 - maybe b/c of the sodium I was eating, I dunno. Today I am back down to 249. I am crossing my fingers that it sticks this time.

Will check in on everyone later.
Wishing you all a happy, healthy Friday!
Jen

Diana3271
08-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :wave: :dance:

I am hoping to sleep in and get caught up on my sleep this weekend. I am up an hour early this morning because I have some extra things to do today. Coffee IV anyone? :coffee:

Anyways, I am up on the scale this morning. I always eat a few of DH french fries or taste a little of his food while we are eating and he does the same with mine. Last night DH took a paper menu from the restaurant and it said that they fry in 100% peanut oil. :eek: So, here we are, I don't know if I am allergic to peanuts. I didn't even think about the fried seafood from the other night. I don't know what they fry in. At this point I am just going to see what happens. It will be interesting to see if I have a reaction.

On another note, DH mentioned about going to an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in about a year. I was planning on having a scheduled high calorie day. So, if we do go to this restaurant and I am in the process of having an allergic reaction, things will be getting pretty ugly. :lol:

Up: 1 pound :eek:

DZackery
08-05-2011, 07:27 AM
So I weighed in at 168 even this morning, (plus .3). I'm very unhappy about it....:( I mean I knew I ate over 900 calories yesterday but I dont remember eating anything bad. I gotta go get some groceries today but im not real motivated. Hope the day gets better.

violet826
08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Im new to the boards and still trying to find my niche here. There are so many threads LOL But I was reading this one this morning and I thought I would join in :)

Im on day 5 of my diet. I weighed in this morning at 154.0. Ive lost 1.5 pounds since starting on Monday! Hopefully that gives me the motivation I know I will need to make it through the weekend. (bc im starting to get HUNGRY) LOL

Ive been going to the gym everyday for about 30-45 minutes and using the elliptical. Hopefully next week I will be able to do more. Happy Friday!

roadbikerchick
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone! :coffee:

I've been away from here for a few days. I'm finding that I was doing so many personals, that I couldn't keep up - this is a very busy board. So no personals now, but I'll try to check in with some now that I'm off for the weekend.

The scale said 143.8 this morning, down 3 pounds over the last 2 1/2 weeks. Not spectacular, but I'll take it. ;) I'm still learning how to combine weight loss with really intense bike riding. I've kept up with the exercise this week by using my bike to commute to and from work. :carrot: Today my legs feel like lead!

Have a great, OP day everyone! ;);)

mamakat
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Quick Hello to All
Bronx zoo on Monday and finishing the week out with Six Flags. In between I have worked out and mowed the lawn so calories should be burning...well then can anyone tell me why on earth am I back to that stupid number 243? I'm doing my best to stay positive about this...I have no want to cheat or binge (I guess it really is a lifestyle change as I haven't even considered scrapping it). I just feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall.

I plan to call my GP for a physical, get some blood work done. Find out why I'm holding a strange amount of liquid in my feet (only in one spot...makes it look like a large tumor).

I really wish I got a whoosh like some of you, that would be cool.
Mojojuju when do you see the doctor?

Larry how are things coming?

Diana a lot of restaurants fry in peanut oil now as it burns hot and isn't animal fat. I'm wondering now if they did find out what it was what could they give you? Don't they normally treat that kind of allergy after the fact with an epi?

DZ hello...I wouldn't sweat .3. You'll see a lot of us weigh daily and we go up and down a lot but by WI day we notice a loss (usually :)) Pick a day that you will count as WI day (once a week or month). Make sure to weigh at the same time of day every time. And try not to get discouraged during the rest of the days. It's hard at first but eventually you'll see your body in a trend. Berry has her cycle of weight loss down to a t...she is inspiring ;)

alaskan I hope today is better. :hug:

Jen sodium is the devil!

Shish you are doing marvelous. Glad the bat is gone. When is the party. How old is your little man?

mlgibson you sound like me. I watch something or hear/read about it and then I want to know more. I love the internet. My kids have no idea what a tool it really is since they've had it forever. Man I would have to make tons of phone calls or go to library for all the information I can suck up in an hour.

iamerican how are you doing, has your scale budged yet? I hate the number 243!

Haggis I definitely see you below 200 by the 29th. You can do it.

Well what an exciting day, it will be Scotland's first concert...yay her! Both she and Ian have been awake since 6 am. I foresee them both zonked on the way home. I'm looking forward to the day, but I think I've hit the age that i'm not interested in the rides. So we'll see what happens. I plan to eat a good size breakfast and take along my nuts (almonds individually wrapped) to get through the day. I have a sneaky suspicion if theres funnel cake one of my kids is going to eat it and right in front of me.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

berryblondeboys
08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Morning all. I had planned to take BodyStep today, but forgot I have a stupid meeting at my house this morning! Grrr!!!! I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work. I guess I'll have to either fit it in evenings or way crazy early during the week. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's time to start the wicked job hunt as fall is fast approaching and we just can't financially handle it any more with me home. And really, with the kids in school full time, our house 'basically' ready/done. What's the point of me being home? The extra money at this point would be much nicer. Plus, we are looking at having to pay for college in three short years! YIKES!

So... I'll have to skip the formal workout at the gym. I have a few choices and I think I'll combine them - walk around the lake a couple times and maybe a step routine in the basement this evening.

ETA: up .2 on the scale this morning - my wonderful monthly stall out. Only two more weeks of this to go! Oy Vey!!!

zoodoo613
08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
This morning I'm back up to 195.4. :( Sort of took me by surprise, but it shouldn't have, since even though my calories were fine, I made last night pizza, which is saltier than I think.

Didn't exercise yesterday. I don't love working out inside, but maybe I'll bring my son to my work gym with me so I can do something.

iamerican
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
MAMA: I HATE 243. I bounced to in the 241s and the 242s, but I hate 243. I am still at it. I decieded at this week I am goign to try to weigh myself only twice a week. I am getting too frustrated.

Berry: Good luck job hunting. That sounds horribe. I am fortunate enough to have on campus jobs during the school year....even if I work 4 of them. Oh the joys of being a student.

At work on Fridays we have inservices with food....Todays menu is PIZZA. I am vowing to have one slice. Bringing my own veggies so I don't suprise myself. I hope planning pays off.

zoodoo613
08-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Mamakat, I don't think I knew you had an Ian. Me too!

Larry H
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I dropped another 2 pounds of that water weight to 223!:carrot: I have 3 pounds to go to get back to ground zero.

My legs and ankles have NO swelling or pitting edema this morning. :D:D

I am continuing to severely limit sodium and fluids. Following my cardiologist advice to let thirst be my guide. I am surprised how little thirst I have during the day. Yesterday's water was 8 ounces total although I did eat a lot of water laden fresh vegetables. Fresh veggies are good for me , low cal, low sodium and supply a lot of my water needs.

My total sodium intake yesterday was only 571 mg:D:carrot::D

My third week of Calorie Cycling

8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 812 (539 under)

Total so far for this week is 2107 calories under my goal

It has been hot outside and with my restricted water intake I made the safe choice and walked a mile inside of air conditioned stores.

Larry,

K9Owner
08-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I dropped another 2 pounds of that water weight to 223!:carrot: I have 3 pounds to go to get back to ground zero.

My legs and ankles have NO swelling or pitting edema this morning. :D:D

I am continuing to severely limit sodium and fluids. Following my cardiologist advice to let thirst be my guide. I am surprised how little thirst I have during the day. Yesterday's water was 8 ounces total although I did eat a lot of water laden fresh vegetables. Fresh veggies are good for me , low cal, low sodium and supply a lot of my water needs.

My total sodium intake yesterday was only 571 mg:D:carrot::D

It has been hot outside and with my restricted water intake I made the safe choice and walked a mile inside of air conditioned stores.

Larry,

I'm really liking the sounds of this, Larry!!
Where is the "LIKE" button?? ;)
Nice Job!

Maile
08-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Larry..Keeping that sodium down is hard work. You are doing a wonderful job. I agree with you about the fresh foods..the processed have so much sodium and sugar.

Finally the scale moved and I am down one pound. Today 166. This is a slow battle. I am going to try to limit carbs today even lower to see if that does anything. I already worked out at the Y and am ready to pay pills.
Happy Friday everyone.

K9Owner
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
:flow1: hAPPi FRIDAy :flow1:
I was really hoping to post 148 this a.m. but it just isn’t the case.
Down 0.2 for the week.
Absolutely NOT complaining after 2 straight weeks of slow loss, despite being on holiday.
:cheer3: CHEERS for me :cheer3:

Andejean
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
peanut butter toast with flax seed on top for breakfast 242 calories. No gym today, gym buddy has been hit hard by allergies so she wants to stay home, and my allergies aren't playing nice either. Cleaning the house from top to bottom for company this weekend, and hopefully it will stay fairly clean through my surgery so I won't have to worry about house cleaning... better go, those floors refuse to wash themselves... :(

alaskanlaughter
08-05-2011, 01:11 PM
good morning...the scale dropped a bit this morning down to 207.8 so i recorded that for the weigh in day...a drop of 3.2 pounds for the month...so i'll be okay with that :) i feel better this morning anyhow, dont know what was up yesterday

my last day today with all the kids...and i have ALL of them today...but DH is home too so maybe i can sneak out for a mocha later...we're going bowling tonight apparently, which should be fun!

need to track down my sister today...her phone disconnected on saturday and she hasnt answered her phone since...her bf had a court date yesterday for a theft case and he's already on probation for drinking felony charges...mom is worried that the skipped town but i doubt it...my biggest worry is that he got sent back to jail and she's been drinking ever since...*sigh*

Larry H
08-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Good Morning and TGIF! :wave: :dance:

I am hoping to sleep in and get caught up on my sleep this weekend. I am up an hour early this morning because I have some extra things to do today. Coffee IV anyone? :coffee:

Anyways, I am up on the scale this morning. I always eat a few of DH french fries or taste a little of his food while we are eating and he does the same with mine. Last night DH took a paper menu from the restaurant and it said that they fry in 100% peanut oil. :eek: So, here we are, I don't know if I am allergic to peanuts. I didn't even think about the fried seafood from the other night. I don't know what they fry in. At this point I am just going to see what happens. It will be interesting to see if I have a reaction.

On another note, DH mentioned about going to an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in about a year. I was planning on having a scheduled high calorie day. So, if we do go to this restaurant and I am in the process of having an allergic reaction, things will be getting pretty ugly. :lol:

Up: 1 pound :eek:

Diana,

I did a lot of research into cooking with peanut oil. Up North we were having a chicken BBQ fund raiser and the BBQ sauce contained a lot of peanut oil. I was concerned about this causing problems. Turns out that peanut oil after the processing is not allergenic. Not even to those with severe peanut allergies. We went ahead with the BBQ and fed 600 chicken halves with no allergic reactions at all.

Larry

BCL216
08-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok this week has been great! I am down 4lbs and pretty much sticking to my plan. I need to exercise and I will be doing alright.

jeniansmom
08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm soooo glad that this time around DH is on board too. He has had 1 Mt Dew all week! Also he is equally flabbergasted by the amount of sodium in everything. I found a site that sells salt free sausage seasoning, so we are going to try our hand at making our own sausage. He said "sounds like it might even be fun." :D

DZackery
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
No workout today. Been getting ready for Trop Storm possible Hurricane Emily. Perhaps tomorrow if it's not raining early.

iamerican
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
DZ: I was reading back on the threads and WhAT? Your dog likes vegetables??????

Larry H
08-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm soooo glad that this time around DH is on board too. He has had 1 Mt Dew all week! Also he is equally flabbergasted by the amount of sodium in everything. I found a site that sells salt free sausage seasoning, so we are going to try our hand at making our own sausage. He said "sounds like it might even be fun." :D

jeniansmom

Here is an interesting site for salt free products, Check it out

http://healthyheartmarket.com/absolutelysodiumfree.aspx

Larry,

Diana3271
08-05-2011, 11:03 PM

No calorie count for today.

Well, I had my higher calorie day and feel totally gross. :lol: My breakfast and lunch was my usual fare. I splurged for dinner at the Italian restaurant. I know I am going to have a huge gain from the carbs and sugar. DH and I actually shared a meal (ribeye steak). I had a side of pasta, salad, and the bread/olive oil service. I also had something that I have never had. It was a Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Cake. :drool: It was really good.

It's funny, one of the reasons that I planned on having a higher calorie day was because I was starting to look a little thin in my face. I feel really good at about 143-144, but for some reason when I get below 143 I think the extra weight comes off my face.

Also, I didn't realize that Wednesday is the day I get my hair cut and I go to the Japanese restaurant. I didn't plan my high calorie day very well. I will have to stay on track for sure now.

Larry Thank you for that information on the peanut oil. I don't seem to be reacting right now. My appointment with the allergist is on the 24th. I hope to figure something out then.

Andejean
08-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Well I thought the fireman's picnic dinner tonight would be a safe one... how many calories could there be in boiled fish and veg? Well if you count the 1/2 cup of butter they poured on it.... yikes! LOL. Next year I'll know to hold the butter! Lol. Over all, half my dinner calories from butter, and I was still only 103% of my 1600. overall, not too bad, but too much butter!!!!

LGW
08-05-2011, 11:35 PM
This has just been a crazy week....2 days without weigh ins because of my schedule...on top of that all of my weigh ins have been +?.? because of TOM...I'm still on plan and hanging in there :) I did have OG today -- although it was a stuffed treat (stuffed chicken marsala) -- I substituted the mashed potatoes with brocolli and asparagus so it wasn't toooo faarrr off plan...Enjoy your night....hopefully at the end of this week I show an overall net loss....we'll see....:)

mlgibson
08-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Had a good day today! Worked and burned some calories standing around all day, lol. Then went and took the dog for a short 30 minute walk...it was getting dark by the time I got home. My calories were below 1,300 and I weighed in this morning at 160.8; which is sooo close to 150s!

Hope everyone had a good day as well!!!!

DZackery
08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
iamerican- HAHA yeah my chihuahua loves fruit and veggies. He gets a home made dog food of chicken breast, brown rice, lentils, carrots, green beans, and chicken broth. Chichi's are not supposed to eat much fat but need high fiber and it's difficult to find a dog food that fits the bill and is affordable. So I crock pot it every other week or so. His treats are apple skins and his chewys are frozen baby carrots. It makes for an interesting dog. LOL

alaskanlaughter
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM
i cut my hair much shorter this week, very layered and textured although i have a headband on in the pic, and colored it much darker....thought i'd show you all

alaskanlaughter
08-06-2011, 01:29 AM
im aiming for a more relaxed weekend before i buckle back down to my diet and my real job next week...my intention is to just relax about food for the three-day weekend, not an excuse to binge or go all out on junk, but just to not beat myself up if i have an extra helping of cherries or something

i was at 1235 calories and 136 carbs (eek!) by this evening and we went out to dinner...i had a little salad, a few french fries, and 1/2 of a mongolian beef dish, just the meat/sauce/few bites of corn...i did not order rice, nor eat the roll, and gave the french fries to my son so i was happy about that...i didnt feel deprived by giving away half of my plate of food LOL and the beef itself was soooo sweet (weird!) that i only ate half, stopped when full, and felt fine with it....but normally i would have ordered a salad so it was "relaxing" to order exactly what i wanted

and that's what i want to do this weekend...just relax about it but still be mindful...like i did by giving away half of my food tonight and stopping when full...

zoodoo613
08-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Mornin'. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Calories where lowish yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike while watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Not a bad movie but not a great one either. The exercise bike was harder than I expected. It's one we borrowed from my parents and it's just not that comfortable for me, it's like my legs were in the wrong position.

So yesterday I didn't have a doughnut from the kitchen at work, and I didn't have ice cream from my fridge, both of which I considered doing. I did snack on some cherry tomatoes my neighbor gave me and they were devine.

I'm doing that scale thing we all know we shouldn't. Weigh-in this morning was 194.6, and I'm absurdly disappointed. Two days ago I was below 194, and I was really hoping I would be today. I've spent some time with 194, and I'm ready to move on, and for some reason I thought it was going to happen this morning again. I know it's silly, but there it is.

Diana3271
08-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I wanted to sleep later, but I woke up hot for some reason. I put a different blanket on me last night. I normally go to bed cold. :dunno: Of course DH is always hot and I make him crazy with the blankets and being cold.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 146.8
Up: 3.6 pounds

I really thought my gain would be more than that. I'm still thinking it might go up more tomorrow since we ate at a later time last night. It's going to take time to adjust to higher calorie days. They just freak me out. I don't think it's as bad when we go out of town because I don't weigh myself then. It's just going to take time to adjust to things. I think I like doing things this way, though. I have my regular foods and I feel in control over my situation. My weight may drop a little. I have a vacation, special event, or special day and I can eat without counting the calories and hopefully wake up the next day still in my maintenance range.

berryblondeboys
08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Morning everyone! So happy it's a weekend! In a bit I'm going to BodyPump and this time my husband is doing the class with me! Should be fun, (I hope!)

Scale is doing it's normal thing for me which is fine. I need to get my snacking under control though as I've eaten a bit high a few days in a row. I think the vacation calories are still making me crave. Gotta nip that in the bud!

Maile
08-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning. I am down a pound and happy about this. wt. 165. I did a strenuous workout at the gym yesterday. I also went out for mexican food for lunch and ate a salad with shredded chicken.
We are harvesting wheat and it is hot and dirty!

violet826
08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Happy Saturday everyone. I weighed in at 153.2 this morning. YAY! :) Ive lost 3 pounds in 5 days!! Everyone cross your fingers I can make it through my first weekend. I dont want to cheat and with hubs home I tend to eat horrible!!

I will say NO to fast food, I will say NO to fast food, I will say No to fast food...

DZackery
08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Weighed in this morning at 167.6 (-.4) woohoo! Hubby is on vacation this week so we are talking about taking the kids somewhere. Maybe TN. Anyway, gotta get ready for the day.

Diana3271
08-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Berry Have fun at your Body Pump class. It's funny how one little change in our routine (vacation/snacking) can make things for challenging. You can get through it, though.

Maile Great job on the pound!

Violet Stay strong this weekend! You don't want to undo all your hard work. Congrats on the 3 pounds!

DZackery Congrats on the .4.

DZackery
08-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Diana. Does anyone know a magic cure for irritability before/during TOM? I'm like super uber yucky for like 10 days.

Diana3271
08-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks Diana. Does anyone know a magic cure for irritability before/during TOM? I'm like super uber yucky for like 10 days.

I have used these two products:
I prefer this one because it seemed to help with the bloating and water retention
http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Cyclease-PMS

http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-PMS-50-Tablets

My TTOM has improved since I've cut out a lot of the carbs/sugars that I used to eat. I also think the weight loss has helped a lot. I haven't taken either of these products in a while, but they helped when I did take them. I still have them in my cabinet in case I need them. :D

Here's some more reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Homeopathic-Medicine-Cyclease-60-Count/dp/B001GCU074/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
http://www.drugstore.com/hylands-homeopathic-pms-tablets/qxp33148?fromsrch=hyland%27s+pms
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-PMS-100-Tablets/3873?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-PMS-50-Tablets/3870?at=0

zoodoo613
08-06-2011, 11:15 AM
So I got a bit excited at the Farmers Market this morning. :)

I don't get there as often as I'd like, since I'm so often on the go, and the growing season starts so late here. I always find things, but this was the first time that it was so hard to choose.

Mojojuju
08-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Violet: If you get dragged there, find the healthy options. If I know I'm going to have fast food now, I hit the internet and look up what I WANT to eat...usually seeing 800cals or so turns me right off! Also, there are many fast food places that have a burger or a chicken sandwich that is not massive, and checks in around 350 calories. Not low, but not terrible, and it can be worked into a daily calorie count without too much horror. :D

HI EVERYONE, sorry I have been missing for two days! TOM sent me sliffling into a self pity corner for two days, but I did exercise and stick to plan, and something good did happen.

At least, I think it's good.

I lost my job (public school teacher) at the end of last year due to budget cuts and, well, frankly, because my boss and I did not see eye to eye. I won't go into it, but each of us thought the other was doing a pretty poor job.

I've spent the summer desperately searching for another job, but in this EXTREMELY insular community, if you piss off one principal, you're never going to get another job. Yes, it's illegal for them to blackball people, but it happens all the time. I got tons of interviews this summer, and not a single one panned out. I heard from a friend at school that the principal was saying bad things about me to any people who called her to inquire about me. Lovely. At the school board they recommended that I try to work in Georgia. Yep, I was told to "git outa town, we don't like yer kind here." (Larry, this is all part of the reason that I call my town H-E-doublehockeysticks).

Well, I went outside the public schools and found an amazing private school where they don't equate education with mind-numbing worksheets done in strict silence. They liked me, too, as well as my progressive ideas about the way children learn. They gave me a part time job. Now, I am very happy to be at that school--but I am the breadwinner in a two-person household while my boyfriend finishes law school. So I still need a full-time second job to be able to pay our bills.

When suddenly, out of the blue, Florida State University School calls me and basically tells me to apply for a job posting. "We have your resume here and we'd like you to apply for this job if you're available."

Wow. I've never been TOLD to apply for a job before. And a day and a half later they've scheduled an interview. It's Wednesday.

I'm torn. FSUS is an amazing charter school. But it's still part of the public school grind, and I'd spend as much time testing my students as teaching them. I'll have a workload that spills over into every weekend (last year I had about five hours off a week--on Sunday. Mon-Sat I worked from 7am-10pm). I'll have to teach the utterly crappy curriculum that the politicians have decided on, and to top it off I'll have to teach fourth graders how to write badly so they can pass a stupid test with mechanically-styled essays. These are all things that make me green to think of participating in again. Plus I'll have to tell the really wonderful private school that I'll be ditching the contract I already signed with them.

On the other hand...if I get the FSU job...full time work. Pay that can keep my little family such as it is afloat for another year. And the student body is supposedly well-behaved and smart.

*sigh*

It was this antsy-worry-ness that caused me to hide from the boards the past two days. I was craving sugar SO BADLY as I often do during times of indecision, insecurity, and stress. I drank a protien shake and ate more bread than I should have. Still stayed under calories, though!

I guess I'm kinda where you were the other day, Alaskan. About to transition into a job--tom hounding me--the frustration with my scale that has not settled in what is now close to six weeks.

Must not eat sugar! Must not eat sugar!!!!

(I did sneak into my kitchen yesterday and ate two spoonfuls of pure crystallized honey. Me and Pooh, we're junkies.)

Diana3271
08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Zoodoo Looks yummy to me! :D

Mojojuju Congrats on the job opportunities! I would apply for both jobs, pray on it, and see what happens.

Mojojuju
08-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Zoodoo--I would be unable to resist painting that if it were sitting in my kitchen. What a lovely and tasty composition you arranged there!

Diana--At the moment, I already have the part time job. I signed the paperwork and everything. I have an email with them and all that jazz. I just will be in dire financial straits if I can't find a second job to supplement it. If the FSUS job gets offered to me--THEN I will have a real conundrum. The job I like and potential financial insecurity, or the job I might not like and financial stability?

Eep! I am going to go play some video games or read a book and not think about it lest I decide that chocolate will solve everything. Hah!

berryblondeboys
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I got a lot of satisfaction this morning. My thin husband who has gone swimming every other day for the last 6 months - swimming a mile every other day is not unfit. However, I can lift more weight than he can for all exercises except chest exercises and there he can do a bit more than me. He's hobbling around the house barely able to walk. I lifted the same amount of weight with my legs/butt (just went to that weight this week - and it's NOT heavy) and I feel great - not fatigued.

I'm taking a bit of satisfaction with that! I'm getting stronger and fitter! I've come a long way in 7 months!

LGW
08-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Checking in at 216.8 :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Melissa: Great Job!

I am checking into today. Stepped on the scales and it read the same thing! I was shocked. Back to being good again!

I got my ticker! I am so happy! Now, I need to get that ticker to move!

mamakat
08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to share something that I thought was cool. Yesterday at the concert we were standing and having a good time when a sweeper came by. I thought I'd be nice an rearrange my bag strap for him so he could sweep. Mind you there are a lot of people behind me and if I bent over I'd block the whole concert :p so I squatted. I got all the way down to where I could sit on the back of my feet. The crazy part that wasn't the neat thing as usually I can get down it's getting back up with my hip that never happens. And I realized this only after I went down. But before asking for help I tried it and I sprung up with easy. I tested that move out several times during the concert :D I feel it in my inner thighs today...that is so awesome.

Walking with ease and squatting with is ease, I never thought I'd see the day. Just five years ago we were prepping this house for wheel chair. I want to cry with happiness. I really feared the wheel chair and the loss of my right side and I truly believe that the exercise (although poopooed on by one doctor) is really working. I may not be losing weight but Oh man, to walk for 9 hours and to get up and down off a ground are by far more important to me than being thin. I love the way legs work and I was so scared mine were stopping...and now I have hope for the future to maybe walk with my grandkids on a lovely evening (hopefully far in the future :p).

I just HAD to share that. :)

alaskanlaughter
08-06-2011, 01:00 PM
mojo - i was JUST gonna post the other day that winnie the pooh is a sugar addict LOL i was watching those movies with my younger son for awhile last week...too funny!...hope things will work out well with the jobs!

zoodoo - those veggies look AMAZING!!! sooo jealous! our farmers markets arent anything like that but i can still get some good stuff

scale is holding steady this morning....my goals for this weekend are "mindful eating and relaxing weekend" and its written right on my food log where i always put my goals...it will be a challenge this afternoon though with the birthday cake and mcdonalds food at the birthday party so we'll see....hopefully my last 5ish months of dieting have taught me SOME restraint lol

jeniansmom
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
mojo :hug: keep posting! i hear you about using sugar to help deal with indecision (or for me any difficult emotion). At the interview, be honest with them about what you like and dislike about teaching in general and in the public school system in particular. Maybe your outlook is just what they are looking for! They contacted you after all :) And as a mom of a public schooled kid I am grateful for teachers who find ways to enhance the mandated curriculum, so if you can handle being back in the public school system I bet it would benefit the kids you teach. Just thoughts. Only you know in the end what will be right for you. I'll keep you in my thought though.
Jen

Larry H
08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Good afternoon everyone!!

Our water heater started leaking into the house yesterday. That is when I found that no shut off valve was installed for the water heater. As a result I had to cut all water to the house hot and cold. As a result my DW asked to eat out for lunch and dinner, Even worse she wanted Chinese food for lunch. So I reluctantly went being super cautious about my sodium. I ate at the salad bar. Then I had a 1/2 cup of plain white rice with two boiled eggs accompanied my a very small portion (about 2oz) of baked salmon. Followed by some watermelon. For dinner she wanted to go to Wendy's which is another sodium nightmare place. After studying the nutrition chart I ordered only a medium Frosty. Yes that's right a frosty at 430 calories and 200 mg of sodium it was the most sodium free item on the menu including their salads.

My totals for yesterday were 1555 calories and 438 mg of sodium. I am calorie cycling and the 1555 was 246 under my plan. The 438 mg of sodium was phenomenal consider I ate Chinese and Wendy's!!:D:carrot::D

My weight remains 223 and I have no swelling or pitting edema in my legs or ankles. Color me a happy camper!!:D:D

8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 812 (539 under)
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1555 (246 under)

Total so far for the week is 2353 calories under

Larry,

K9Owner
08-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Good Afternoon All!
I decided to work today. It's been an awesome day in CVICU. I don't normally work over here, but I come when I can :)
I'm not really counting today, since I've had Chinese food and a :censored: dessert!
Monday is coming! Tomorrow is a running day for me! I'm excited!!
6 more hrs to go. I hope this late afternoon picks up!

:flow1: hAPPi wEEKENd :flow1:

Mojojuju
08-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Berry: AWESOME! Haha, sounds like you're one strong momma!
Mommakat: Huzzah for functioning body parts!

Also: I HAS TICKER!

That means I've stuck with it for a good long time! Course...today I had only had 700 calories by 6pm, which for me is NOT a lot. So when the boyfriend asked me to stop and get him some ice cream (He's quitting smoking, so I indulge this to a point) I picked out a Magnum Bar for myself. :fr:

Which, bless his heart, he confiscated the minute I skipped in the door with it. "You always tell me you can't have sugar cause you'll just want more!" he chided, snatching it away from me and stuffing it back in the freezer. "I don't want to see you glaring at yourself in the mirror tomorrow and asking me why I let you eat that huge ice cream bar!" And then he said,

"You'd better get on that three fat ladies website or whatever and tell on yourself for buying it! It's called accountability, miss!!!" :rofl:

...I'm so going to flush the rest of his cigarettes down the toilet now. :devil: