Ideal Protein Diet - IP bars during the first week not allowed?

zozylya
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi there...I have started IP 5 days ago and my coach told me I could have 1 protein bar per day, but I was reading more about restricted foods and it says that you could only have 2 bars during the first week. I also have not noticed nuch difference in my weight despite me following the rules meticuliously...I cant buy any different IP meals until tomorrow. Should I skip the bar today (since that's one of my 3 IP meals) and replace it with regular protein food?

Bellamack
07-31-2011, 04:03 PM
My coach said none until week 3, but several on here have been OK'd since day 1. Depends on your coach :)

Marijaux
07-31-2011, 04:10 PM
yup, seems to depend on the coach...mine says every other day is ok....

Kelzren
07-31-2011, 04:13 PM
My sister and I started a little over a week ago and we were never told we coudn't have the bars everyday. In fact they gave us a couple extra bars the first week and told us to to go ahead and eat half of one during those rough spells to help us get through them. (Nothing extra the second week though!)

Pauley
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I was allowed 2 restricted my first week, 3 the second week and 5 per week thereafter. It does seem to vary quite a bit between coaches.

jennydoodle
07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I have been having 1 restricted every day since day 1. It definitely varies coach to coach.

zozylya
07-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you very much! I feel better now that i know that i am not the only one who was told that they were ok during the first week. I think I'm gonna buy another meal tomorrow though and use it instead of the bar for the remainder of the week...

wuv2bloved
07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
When I very first started my coach did not explain to me that we could have only one restricted a day so for the first month I was having 2 restricted daily. When I found I was doing it wrong I switched to only having one restricted a day and that week I gained .6 its was weird. But that was the ONLY gain I have had so far!

ItsAboutTime
07-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I have one bar a day. Well, sometimes I only have half if I can't get the whole thing down.

Porthardygurl
07-31-2011, 06:51 PM
i eat one restricted per day...and have consistently lost weight..i would say if you have only a few pounds to lose..you hold off..but if you have lots to lose..it might help to have the extra carb content..

patns
07-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Interesting reading here! I have my first weigh in tomorrow. I just realized my coach didn't even offer the bars as an option for the week. But I did get some restricted such as the salt and vinegar things. She did say only one a day. When I was reading this thread I went back and checked the protocol sheet. It did say it is suggested no restricted for the first 2-3 weeks.
Pat

Restricted Foods - only 1 of the following Ideal Protein envelopes are permitted per day; All Bars, All Soy Puffs, Chili,
Oatmeal, Pancakes, All Soy Nuts, Muffins, Salt and Vinegar Ridges, (Hearty Beef Stew & Spaghetti are permitted a maximum
of 2 times per week). Please note: it is strongly recommended that no restricted foods are consumed during a dieter’s first
2-3 weeks for maximum results.

ItsAboutTime
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Interesting reading here! I have my first weigh in tomorrow. I just realized my coach didn't even offer the bars as an option for the week. But I did get some restricted such as the salt and vinegar things. She did say only one a day. When I was reading this thread I went back and checked the protocol sheet. It did say it is suggested no restricted for the first 2-3 weeks.
Pat

Restricted Foods - only 1 of the following Ideal Protein envelopes are permitted per day; All Bars, All Soy Puffs, Chili,
Oatmeal, Pancakes, All Soy Nuts, Muffins, Salt and Vinegar Ridges, (Hearty Beef Stew & Spaghetti are permitted a maximum
of 2 times per week). Please note: it is strongly recommended that no restricted foods are consumed during a dieterís first
2-3 weeks for maximum results.

That sheet has been recently updated and if I remember correctly (I don't have it infront of me at the moment) the last part about the first 2-3 weeks was dropped.

wheekers
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi there...I have started IP 5 days ago and my coach told me I could have 1 protein bar per day, but I was reading more about restricted foods and it says that you could only have 2 bars during the first week. I also have not noticed nuch difference in my weight despite me following the rules meticuliously...I cant buy any different IP meals until tomorrow. Should I skip the bar today (since that's one of my 3 IP meals) and replace it with regular protein food?

Bars were included in my 2 week starter package and I was never told I couldn't have one everyday (I don't really like any of them so it wasn't an issue for me)

jennylauren19
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
At my first weigh in, I told my coach I wasn't eating any restricteds. She wasn't happy, and actually told me that I need to eat 1 per day to prevent cravings. It's obvious now that it depends on the coach, but I still only eat about 3-4 restricteds per week.

lboogs311
08-02-2011, 04:49 PM
It definitely varies...I have 2 shakes and 1 bar every day, since day one. I don't have any of the other food packets. They put me on this since day one and I am still doing it lol. I would stick to what your coach says, but ask lots of questions. A lot of the time I read things on here and take it back to them for advice.

sandralosingweight
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I ate a restricted bar everyday for breakfast since I started my died (4 weeks ago) and I lost 11 pounds the first week.

I am not sure if I should limit my restricted food for once or twice a week starting now, but for now I am enjoying the bars for breakfast and still losing weight.

patns
08-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I asked my coach about this yesterday. She said the bars are fine but the chili, spaghetti (maybe other higher carb ones, I don't remember) should not be used in the first 2-3 weeks.
The protocol list I posted was the one from the sticky on this board. When I checked the one the coach had given me it didn't say anything about the 2-3 weeks.

I love the bars I tried so far so really have to make sure I stick to one per day, actually it will be about 3 a week as I also want to use the oatmeal.

Pat

sonoio
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I have been having 1 restricted every day since day 1. It definitely varies coach to coach.
This is where I get flustered...why is it that coaches vary so much? I am a stickler for going by the book when I k ow what the rules are...and when I have dared to tell my coach "well, I hear other coaches say...." then that's where I get a lecture on how her way is the ONLY way! Ha ha ha...LOL....I just don't know sometimes!

Anyone else have the same observations? I am so thankful to be able to co,e here and sort things out with you all.....

wheekers
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
This is where I get flustered...why is it that coaches vary so much? I am a stickler for going by the book when I k ow what the rules are...and when I have dared to tell my coach "well, I hear other coaches say...." then that's where I get a lecture on how her way is the ONLY way! Ha ha ha...LOL....I just don't know sometimes!

Anyone else have the same observations? I am so thankful to be able to co,e here and sort things out with you all.....

this is why I left. Nobody really knew anything. It was always I'll have to check. No one ever gave recipes or ideas to help me along. It was just like thanks for your money, you weigh this, see you next week. Not worth almost $400 a month...Sorry.

becca1978
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
My office basically says no restricted until you hit goal. I have gotten a couple boxes of bars when I am traveling a lot in a week.

patns
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM

My coach is great. To me the protocol sheet she gave me is the "book" and she is working totally from that so I don't pay too much attention to how other coaches interpret things. So if I have questions I go back to the protocol sheet.

Krista7382
08-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Bars were included in my first week's bag. My doctor recommended them when I was hungry. I love the white chocolate cinnamin ones. DELISH!

petie
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
My coach is great. To me the protocol sheet she gave me is the "book" and she is working totally from that so I don't pay too much attention to how other coaches interpret things. So if I have questions I go back to the protocol sheet.

I love this answer! I shall quote you forever.

Julizzle
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
ive been on IP for 3 months. my coach told me we could have 1 restricted meal per day. the 2nd and 3rd week i was on it i forgot and ended up having 2 restricted meals per day and only ended up loosing just over a pound for those weeks. but after that i got back on track and the very next week i lost almost 5lbs. it just depends on the coach. but ive also noticed that if you dont eat any restricted foods your more likely to loose more lbs per week :) hopefully this helps a little bit

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/slider-cheer/lb/193/130/159.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

futureskinnygirl
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I tend to listen to my coach since she's lost 126 pounds in 10 months. She said no to bars until the 3rd week which was fine with me. It's worked for her so far.