Ideal Protein Diet - Ugh I miss corn and beans so very much.

wildflower613
07-31-2011, 12:25 AM
That is all :( I am a southwest salad fan and corn and beans would be so nice. Any suggestions?

gettinmygrooveback
07-31-2011, 01:54 AM
That is all :( I am a southwest salad fan and corn and beans would be so nice. Any suggestions?

The corn and beans will be there when you finish your journey. I can promise you they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. While eating them my not make your gain weight...they sure as heck will keep you from losing it. Stick to protocol and see them as a meal to look forward to. They'll taste soooo much better when there's no impending guilt. I'm missing quite a few things these days but I am enjoying watching my body "melt" away sooooo much more.

Stay strong...it's worth it!

Jasesgirl
07-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Alway count the cost...

Corn and bean salad=major carbs...
Dougnut= around the same carb count
Pizza=similar carbs..

See where im going with it? If your going to cheat on a diet with a corn and bean salad...man...i would think your crazy..for the amount of carbs in that i could be stuffing my face with junk food and sugary sweets... Im not going to eat a salad if im going to cheat with that many carbs and kick myself out of ketosis..

My point is: we always want what we cant have at the moment..but just like the above poster mentioned...its still here..it will be here..when you move into the other phases...

So hang tough and let the diet work its course

wheekers
07-31-2011, 09:21 AM

I miss summer corn on the cob too :(