Old 07-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #1  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy I can't believe how awful people can be :(

Hey everyone,

So, I came home from my run this morning and I had just finished a 3K in the fastest time I ever have. I was feeling really good, but my legs were pretty sore. I normally use the stairs leading to our front door to stretch out my calves/quads after a run.

Today, I start stretching and all of a sudden I hear this young male voice from a few houses down yell out his window "Why the **** are you stretching? It's not like you're even running anyway, fatass."

My stomach just dropped and I started to tear up. I was bullied in elementary school and even high school for my weight, but I've never had a random person berate me like that. It's people like that that made me feel so awful about myself in the first place, and just as I get a bit of confidence, it's shot down again. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day.

This is exactly the fear I had when I first decided to lose weight. I didn't want to exercise outside, because I thought people would look at me and think "why is she even bothering?" Unfortunately, I don't really have any exercise equipment I could do at home.. so I decided to start jogging. I've found I really enjoy it, but now I'm so apprehensive to do anything where people can see me.

Sorry for all the sad feelings, guys.. I just felt like only the people a 3FC would understand how I'm feeling.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ignore the creep, he doesn't know what he is talking about. I picture a guy like this in about 10 years, he will be bald with a beer belly and dirty fingernails.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Wow. What a dick. But listen, in this world, every time you move or open your mouth, you obtain HATERS.
So someone talking **** just means that you got out of your house and did something. It means you didn't stay hidden in your house all day.
Go ahead and think about that guy, but think about it with a smile on your face. One more reason to prove yourself.

"You got haters? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life." - Eminem
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #4  

Once you lose all the weight and reach your goal, I bet the jerk will be really attracted to you and ask you out.
Be prepared to insult him at that point.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #5  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry that happened.

This is why I don't like people/being in public. I don't even like walking outside because I feel so on display for anyone to pick on me. I know that not everyone is cruel, but I've been bullied enough that I don't trust anyone until I know for sure they aren't. And I get especially uncomfortable around teenagers, cause they're generally the meanest.

I don't know what to say to make it easier. I know I'd be crushed if that happened to me.

But please don't let it stop you from jogging, which you have every right to do outside and that guy had NO right to make you feel bad about it.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Um, this has probably occurred to you, but he is a piece of trash, and probably a young one, at that.

One of the ways to identify a piece of trash is that they aggressively yell random things out the window at passersby.

The new pimple he saw in the mirror put him in a bad mood. And the slowly dawning realization that, since he's alone this morning, he once again failed to attract any female attention the night before. So he probably stood looking sadly out his window, between his third and fourth beer of the morning. After he yelled at you, he sat down in front of the TV on a broken couch that smells like a fart, to watch a daylong cartoon marathon. For breakfast, he ate cold pizza that roaches have been running all over, all night long, in his dirty kitchen.

Of course, he weighs over 100 pounds more than you.

But he's certainly never going to come out & go for a run.

And because he's never going to do anything like that, he gets uneasy when he sees someone else making an effort. It makes him feel bad about himself. Like some kind of loser.

So he has to try to turn you into the loser instead.

Of course, you aren't. You just ran your fastest 3K ever.

Keep running like that because you will just leave your trashy neighbor further & further behind you.

(And also, in time, you'll run so far that you'll move to a neighborhood where trash isn't likely to yell out the window at you. )

Last edited by saef; 07-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #7  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

People are jackasses. He is not even worth your time. I know everyone says that and that really doesn't help but honestly, YOU know what you are doing. Who knows what this guy's problem was? Usually when people say stuff like that, they have a problem with themselves. I, for one, cannot even imagine being that rude and berating a total stranger. I am very sorry this happened to you, and let's admit, people like this should be kicked in the balls at least one time.

I am bigger than you and I go to the gym. I go for two hours, four times a week. I do not care what anyone thinks. The worst people can say is 'She's trying.' Same for you, you are trying and doing. 3k is no joke. Do not care what idiots like that think. You are doing this for you and if YOU like to jog outside, do it. Do not let others restrict you from what you love. I am sorry there are morons out there who feel they have the right to treat you that way. I wonder what they would do if someone just looked at them and said, 'Why thank you for making my day that much brighter and better! I just ran a 3k in x amount of time. What are you doing with your pathetic life? Oh, right trying to bring others down. Hm, pity.' And just walk away. Probably would be speechless, but really, you're doing something for you and he obviously has nothing else to do but try to tear others down. What a sad and pathetic person, really.

You are doing this for you, ignore the losers and keep on with your fight. You're amazing just the way you are. xx
reallytrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/184/135

Height: 5'7

What the ****? What is wrong with that guy? I hate when people are just plain rude for no reason. I like saef's story. Let's all assume that's what was going on w/that guy. In general though, I find that people who bully (or people who consciously put down others for no reason) tend to be people who have very low self esteem. The only way they can feel good about themselves is by trying to make others feel bad. Ignore them.

You are amazing and dedicated to your own fitness and health. Who cares what other people say? When I see anyone running--anyone--all I think about is (a) Good for them!; and (b) I really should get back to running... Most people could care less about runners they see outside.

In the long run, you'll be fit and healthy, and that guy will still be a loser who yells things at strangers.
firefoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #9  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

What a ****ing *******. I'm so sorry you had that experience. But you know what? If you quit, people like him win. Running is great, and you should be proud of your 3k speed!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #10  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I apologize on behalf of decent men pinksparkles.

I too know what it feels like to have insults thrown at them from passersby for no other reason than being fat, i was ashamed and scared to walk but i did anyways every single day for almost 2 years now, at first kids would be the worst, still you know what ? I have had many many strangers stop and say they were proud of me also and how i inspired them by being there every day, how they could not believe what i had done, i'm not kidding literally dozens of strangers over time have pulled over in their vehicles to talk to me, so not all people are horrible.

I understand your reluctance to be in the lime light so to speak at 400 pounds i could'nt even use a tread mill, might of broken it, honestly today when i am out say in the grocery store or something and look around i am in better shape and skinnier than anyone in there, i used to look around and i was the fattest and in the worst shape of everyone, funny how it's come full circle, no one says anything to me anymore... no one...

I changed more than my diet, my entire life has changed, don't let any one person have the power to corrupt what you want, use that negative feeling to fuel your desire for improvement, fear and hate can be powerful motivators.

You have to take the good with the bad sometimes.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Some people are just ***holes. It's nothing even to do with your weight, the guy is just an ***hole. With people like that, if it's not one thing it's another.

I've personally dealt with cowards shouting things out their car windows at me and speeding off. When I was overweight, they insulted me about my weight... and after I lost the weight, I still get foul people shouting things at me, just different things. Sometimes about the way I'm dressed, sometimes insults for no apparent reason at all, sometimes of all things about my dogs. More than once, for instance, someone has shouted "clean up your dog ****" followed by nasty names for women that I won't even repeat.. while I'm standing there bag in hand or while my girl dog happened to be peeing in the grass on my own property.

The point is, ***holes are ***holes and will be ***holes no matter what and for any reason they can find. It's doesn't matter if you're fat, thin, or somewhere in between, short, tall, dress one way or dress another- people like that will take any reason they get to try to make others feel bad. There's no point in taking it to heart and letting it upset you. If anything, feel sorry for them.. that they're such miserable people that they feel the need to behave in such a way. Don't hide indoors and let them win, they're not worth acknowledging, much less worth letting them affect your life in any way.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

tell me about it ... people can really be mean when they're self-centred and unsensitive.
A month ago I was jogging in the afternoon. My jogging routine is not centered on the distance, but on how long I run. So I was having intervals of 3 min running and 1 min walking. So at a point I was walking. And then a not-so-handsome guy who was lazying on the bench with a cigarette in his hand goes "yeah, I'd exercise so lazily too, *******".
It just turned me off, so I can really understand you. What I do now is that I don't run in the afternoon, but in the early morning, at 5.30, so I'm on my way home at 6.15 and non't have to deal with any of the ugly comments or looks (had a few).
I know I'm avoiding them, but I personally think it's classy to just find a way to not have to spread energy on people who aren't worth it.
take care and don't stop jogging!!!!!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 161/132/120

Height: 5'2

Don't let some idiotic small minded little man impact on your mood or motivation. You are fantastic - he is a pathetic little waste of space!

I know it is hard but you have to ignore him. You are working on improving your life - he is wallowing in his!
Michelle2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 AM   #14  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Oh my word! What an a hole!!!

Atleast you are doing something active and he is just sitting around. I bet you can even run further than him. I know this is hard, but there will always be people trying to put you down.

Keep going!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

Anything a sociopath like that says or does has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with him (same goes for anyone like him). Don't let it be a reflection upon you. You're a good person, and you're improving your health, and when you reach your goal... that guy will still be a scumbag.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote