Ideal Protein Diet - Low Blood Pressure?

View Full Version : Low Blood Pressure?

coliep
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
So, I believe that I have read that feeling cold, fatigued, and a little lightheaded are all symptoms of low blood pressure. The only suggestion I recall is consuming more salt, I believe. [I have trouble getting good search results on this site and sifting through the posts is a little challenging that way too, so sorry if this has been covered a million times].

I have increased my salt (had a pickle, licked some off my hand, added some to some herbal tea). I also had a mid-afternoon packet in case it was hypoglycemia. Still feeling a bit "off".

I have low normal blood pressure regularly (90-105 / 60-70) and wonder if there is any point I need to be concerned or if this will just resolve itself?

I find myself craving food when I feel this way (and think possibly this is one reason I have cheated in the previous 2 weeks), hoping to make myself feel better. I wuold like to figure out how to deal with it and avoid the potential pitfall that comes with feeling this way.

Any thoughts?

kelly315
07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
you can go into most neighborhood pharmacies and check for free (CVS, Walgreens, even Walmart) at the machine by the pharmacy counter. Keep in mind, as well, that those are signs commonly consistent with a problem/deficiency in your diet, especially too few calories or low blood sugar (which would be a bigger risk for a carb counter).

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I just had this conversation with my coach today, since I did not lose this week and I did not cheat. We were going over possible reasons and my electrolytes are low and I have naturally low blood pressure, the same as yours runs. I am going to start taking an extra KCa and the enzymes (hadn't taken the enzymes) and drinking more Propel and see what happens. I had told her that I had been very tired (almost weak feeling) all last week. I will keep you posted to let you know progress ( or lack there of) lol

coliep
07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks! Maybe I will try an additional Potassium as well ...