Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/134/120

Height: 5'2"

Default These Advantage bars are killing me

The sugars in them stall my progress, so I've decided not to have any more until I'm out of Induction - in 1 week. The problem is that they're so delicious! They make me crave more sugar, which is a problem in itself, but I also feel like now that I've had a few, I won't be able to restrain myself. I'm thinking that I'm going to need someone to hide them from me for a while
Zoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #2  

I've heard they stall weight loss all along the way. Maybe one now and again. I tried them but found them sooooo sweet. I wish they would make one with a quarter the sweetness.

Good luck resisting them! Put them in the car trunk of someone who won't be back for a while. That's my strategy!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #3  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm with you, Zoseph. I LOVE them. Even though I limit myself to 1 a day and only eat the ones designated as Induction, phase 1, they seem to feed my sugar addiction. I think it makes it easier for me to slide right into real sugar...been there, done that recently.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

NONE of the Atkins bars are for Induction! And yes, I know they are marketed as being "appropriate for Induction". The bars contain ingredients like soy, milk & peanuts which are NOT on the accpetable foods list.
You may want to have a look at this, it will help you understand those Atkins bars MUCH better.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #5  

I was going by what the wrapper said, and it did in fact say that the bar I was eating was acceptable for all phases. I understand that they are not intended for regular/daily consumption, but I doubt that the few I ate are going to drastically alter my progress. Regardless, part of the reason I'm not going to eat them anymore is because of the ingredients listed that aren't acceptable for Induction.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #6  

JerseyGyrl, I realize that my previous post came off much harsher than I meant, so I apologize. I took a look at the link you posted and it confirmed my fears that the net carbs for these bars are misleading and could affect my diet. It'll be hard, but I think I'm going to completely cut them from all phases.

Last edited by Zoseph; 07-29-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoseph View Post
JerseyGyrl, I realize that my previous post came off much harsher than I meant, so I apologize. I took a look at the link you posted and it confirmed my fears that the net carbs for these bars are misleading and could affect my diet. It'll be hard, but I think I'm going to completely cut them from all phases.
No offense taken The bars do affect a lot of people adversely but, sadly, Atkins Nutritionals Inc. is in the business of making money. Staying away from them completely is a smart decision.
All the best to you!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

My husband uses the Pure Protein bars, don't know if they are any better. They sell them at WalMart/Sams and Wegmans.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
My husband uses the Pure Protein bars, don't know if they are any better. They sell them at WalMart/Sams and Wegmans.
Pure Protein bars would be a definite no-no on Atkins.
Their 50 g size Chocolate Peanut Butter bar contains 17 grams of carbs (and this is for the smaller size bar)! They also contain Maltitol, Soy, Peanuts, Peanut Flour, Glycerin, Milk....all ingredients you want to stay away from especially if you are on Atkins. They also contain 2 grams of Sugar as well as sugar alcohols.