Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone want to start a Halloween Challenge?

Good news! I've finally gotten off sugar, bread, and the bad carbs for a week. And the results are there - 3 pounds down as of day 5 - which is huge for me. The most I've ever lost in a week is 4 pounds, so this has been a great week for me.

I'd like to do a Halloween Challenge. Anyone interested in joining? I'm thinking of a 15 - 20 pound challenge? Any suggestions, ideas, comments?

I didn't do well on the last two challenges I tried; I stopped working the program and, before I knew it, I'd taken a 7 month break (so much for "take a little break") and gained 7 pounds!

I'd like to start August 1 and work toward losing 15 - 20 pounds by Oct. 31. Should it be 15 or 20? What do y'all think?

As always, I appreciate your support and friendship.

Last edited by sandyfanny; 07-29-2011 at 10:04 AM.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 5.2ft

Default I would like to join

I'm in the same boat. I love dressing up for Halloween but always feel subjected to certain outfits. So ya I really want to lose 15-20lbs.
So I have not started working out yet but I have cut out dairy and certain meats. So I was thinking each morning we could write down whether we aught to walk or exercise to a video. IDK just a suggestion, like I said I'm new and don't know a thing about staying active with exercise. So ya tips will help.

Last edited by Dizzy Girl; 07-29-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Dizzy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #3  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Yay! A Buddy!

Great Dizzy Girl!

I'd like to keep this an Atkins' Challenge - or your version of Atkins. If you're avoiding dairy and certain meats, no problem.

I think we should make posting exercise optional since many Atkins chicks don't exercise or wait to exercise until they're well into their weight loss. I don't want anyone to feel pressure to exercise. My personal exercise goal is to begin with walking 30 minutes each day.

Saturday is going to be weigh-in day. That's what works for me when I go back to school August 17, but if you have a different favorite day, that's fine.

I'm excited! August 1st is Monday!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Sandyfanny - I'm in girl. I say let's do it. Pity, 31 sounds like such a big number that would be cool. So, 15-20 sounds perfect. Sounds doable anyway.

I think exercise if fine, but I'm not ready either. Might be by Halloween though! Might just go trotting around in my shiny sexy black cat woman costume this year! (OK, yes, last year it was just a black trash bag - but don't judge - not nice).

And the reward at the end? Halloween should bring something rewarding besides candy....... Maybe a new fall outfit! OK, If I do it I get a new outfit for Fall. SWEET. Better than candy any day!!

Weigh in's on Saturdays works for me. I weigh in randomly right now, but I'll be sure to do it on Saturdays.

Thanks for the good idea Sandy!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

You know I am always up for a challenge Sandy! I haven't been posting on the boards much but I still lurk. In 20lbs I'll be in the 150s! To be 150 for Halloween would be amazing. 15 or 20 is fine with me, whatever you girls decide on.

I'm 174 right now, but I admit a lot of my recent weight loss is from not eating--I recently moved out on my own and my food budget is tight. Last night I had broccoli and chicken strips (at least I skipped the fries!) because my friend had some chicken strips in the freezer that weren't too carby. I hope once I get my feet on the ground I'll be able to go back on strict Atkins induction. Don't worry, I'm still not eating bread, sugar, or any of that stuff besides maybe the occasional drink or bite of my friend's soda or food.

Last edited by Linsy; 08-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Lindsy, WOW, you've come a long way. I wouldn't beat yourself up over anything so long as that ticker keeps movin' the right way! I'm impressed at your progress so far.

We've recently fallen into a very tight budget. I can barely buy enough to hold up our eating. I sympathize, deeply. I am using bargain shopping, couponing, and cooking at home to make it right now. I think I'll start a thread for budget conscious. Come join me, and I bet we can all find cheap eats!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #7  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

I'm up for a challenge! Although I don't have 15lbs to lose, I *would* like to be to my goal weight by then. I've been working my arse off for the last *year* to get these last 10 pounds off. I want to be D.O.N.E.!
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote