Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM
That's awesome! :yay: I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to :dizzy:
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!

Just tell the trainer what your issues are. I've had 3 wrist surgeries, have a bad neck, pain in lower back, and a c-section. Terribly weak abs, but neck can be thrown out easily if I move the wrong way. My first session was yesterday... I told her everything, and she made sure that I didn't do too much. Pilates was used for rehab for injured dancers. It's part of the reason I like it so much... it focuses in on specific muscles and stops you from doing things ina sloppy way. The reformer is your friend - it also imposes discipline in the movements.

Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.

Congratulations! I hope you are celebrating your success in a non food-centric kind of way.

M0vingon
07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Just tell the trainer what your issues are. I've had 3 wrist surgeries, have a bad neck, pain in lower back, and a c-section. Terribly weak abs, but neck can be thrown out easily if I move the wrong way. My first session was yesterday... I told her everything, and she made sure that I didn't do too much. Pilates was used for rehab for injured dancers. It's part of the reason I like it so much... it focuses in on specific muscles and stops you from doing things ina sloppy way. The reformer is your friend - it also imposes discipline in the movements.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to trying it. I really hope it helps my messed up abs! If I like it, I'm going to ask my Mom to buy me some more private sessions as a b-day gift. The centre I'm going to only allows you to go to group classes after having 5 private sessions to assess your ability and make sure you do the exercises correctly.

I'm getting myself ready to head up to my girlfriend's place for the weekend. I'm packing my shakes and bars and prepping some veggies to get me through today. I'll have to figure out how to be as OP as possible and I'll probably hit the grocery store when i get there just to pick up some extra veggies. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to trying it. I really hope it helps my messed up abs! If I like it, I'm going to ask my Mom to buy me some more private sessions as a b-day gift. The centre I'm going to only allows you to go to group classes after having 5 private sessions to assess your ability and make sure you do the exercises correctly.

I'm getting myself ready to head up to my girlfriend's place for the weekend. I'm packing my shakes and bars and prepping some veggies to get me through today. I'll have to figure out how to be as OP as possible and I'll probably hit the grocery store when i get there just to pick up some extra veggies. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with my friends!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Have a great weekend. I'm taking 4 privates before doing group. They wanted me to buy 8 privates, and I said "how about four?" She let me do it.

rachelearth
07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone.

Today is day 3 for me and reading old posts, it seems that days 3 and 4 were rough for some. So I am starting today anticipating that it might be as tough as the first day.

Stayed away from the scale today as well. I want to stay away until Monday morning, hopefully that would be incentive enough to stay 100% OP during the weekend. After the birth of my sons I have been having a hard time losing weight, I lose very slowly, and so I don't want to be discouraged.

I keep remembering 7 years ago when I successfully lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and two things helped me, one a structured program, and two being able to talk to people that were going through the same thing. For example, last year I started the Belly Fat Cure program, and even though that is also a structured program, since I didn't find an active forum after a month I started slipping and by October I had given up on it!

Anyhow, I feel that I am going to be successful on this program and so I want to make sure I am not setting myself up by weighing and not seeing a new number!

Have a great day.

gettinmygrooveback
07-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Good morning all and a very Happy Friday to ya. Today begins my 9th week on IP and as of this morning's WI, I am down 32.5# and a gazillion inches. I don't think 8 weeks ago I would have ever thought I could be where I am today but everyday my faith has grown. Happy, happy lady!

Hang in there, newbies. The road's a little rough in the beginning but I promise you, it smooths out very quickly. If you want to be thin.....it's yours for the taking. Love yourself first and everything just naturally falls into place. :sunny:

CAT

angell
07-29-2011, 10:59 AM
ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!
Well, it is soon to be the weekend :) Picnic and yard work for us!

M0vingon
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!

You can be mad and frustrated, it's ok. There is a lot of discussion about the impact that people who vent about cheating have on the psyche and emotions of others. Yeah, sometimes it's not fair.
Having low or no loss somewhere between weeks 3-6 is normal. We can't expect to lose every week- it just doesn't work that way. No program can override the need for your body to stabilize. As for the average, week 1 does count in the 3-5 lb average. I'm not sure why you think it shouldn't. Furthermore, the average for women is around 3 lbs. It's an average, not a guarantee.
Please take a look at all of the people who have lost a ton of weight on this program. That will happen for you too, but it takes time- and patience :D

leganegan
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM
ok can anyone give me some rescipes I have been on the IP for 2 weeks and the food was good at first but the same thing everyday is getting boring can anyony help me PLEASE

there are lots of recipes out there, just google Ideal Protein recipes. also, there's a sticky on here with links to recipes...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
I just say to exclude week one, because mathmatically (statistically) it would be considered a "flyer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Synthroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.

lboogs311
07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Morning...

Well said MOvingon, I too was hung up on the fact that I felt like others on here have a good 10lbs more than me lost at this point, but every body is different. I am so happy that I average out 3lb loses weekly. It averages, some weeks are more/less than others. Stay true to the program and it WILL all even out and you will be happy.

lboogs311
07-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Vent away Bellamack, that is what we're all here for. It's not always sunny and roses all the time. It's so easy to get discouraged and annoyed, I hear ya! But cheating catches up, one way or another, trust me, I know. It may not show up as a gain, but it will slow you down.

sandyh50
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Good morning All! I love all my IP forum buddies, thanks for being here! Last night I tried the turnip fries and they were good! I put them in a ziplock bag with my garlic salt and pepper and 1tsp EVOO and then put them on a Pizza pan with holes in the bottom. Ithink that helped to crisp them up more.Today I want to try the kale chips.

Good morning everyone.

Today is day 3 for me and reading old posts, it seems that days 3 and 4 were rough for some. So I am starting today anticipating that it might be as tough as the first day.

Stayed away from the scale today as well. I want to stay away until Monday morning, hopefully that would be incentive enough to stay 100% OP during the weekend. After the birth of my sons I have been having a hard time losing weight, I lose very slowly, and so I don't want to be discouraged.

I keep remembering 7 years ago when I successfully lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and two things helped me, one a structured program, and two being able to talk to people that were going through the same thing. For example, last year I started the Belly Fat Cure program, and even though that is also a structured program, since I didn't find an active forum after a month I started slipping and by October I had given up on it!

Anyhow, I feel that I am going to be successful on this program and so I want to make sure I am not setting myself up by weighing and not seeing a new number!

Have a great day.

Yes, day 3 can be tough, my biggest problem was wanting to put stuff in my mouth when I was cleaning up the table! I had company for those 3 days (my daughter and family) but they were all very supportive of me.So hang in there, you can do it!~

Bellamack, I feel for you, my WI #3 was 0 loss and WI #5 was +1 and I DIDN'T CHEAT! I am looking forward to WI #6 and hope it's a big loss. I am envious of those who lose every week.

colley
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Good morning all, snuck on the scale for some reason but liked what I saw, 160!!!! So hopefully when I WI on Tuesday I will be in the 150's (and I promised myself to not step on it again until then).

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Good morning All! I love all my IP forum buddies, thanks for being here! Last night I tried the turnip fries and they were good! I put them in a ziplock bag with my garlic salt and pepper and 1tsp EVOO and then put them on a Pizza pan with holes in the bottom. Ithink that helped to crisp them up more.Today I want to try the kale chips.

Yes, day 3 can be tough, my biggest problem was wanting to put stuff in my mouth when I was cleaning up the table! I had company for those 3 days (my daughter and family) but they were all very supportive of me.So hang in there, you can do it!~

Bellamack, I feel for you, my WI #3 was 0 loss and WI #5 was +1 and I DIDN'T CHEAT! I am looking forward to WI #6 and hope it's a big loss. I am envious of those who lose every week.

I think we need to stick together on this journey! Good luck on #6!

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
I just say to exclude week one, because mathmatically (statistically) it would be considered a "flyer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Synthroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.

I know that it's frustrating. We are here for you. One thought, and I have no idea if it's right or not.

Your body might be in starvation mode and you might actually need more food. Make sure that you are eating if you are hungry. When I travel, I sometimes need an extra packet or an extra salad. Sometimes I even have more protein...

redhead14
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Happy Friday to my fellow IPers!!!!
Started the morning with WI#10 (only 4 days after WI#9)...down 2.

Totals for 10 weeks------39lbs and 47 inches GONE...:carrot::carrot:

Those that aren't seeing the scale move, STICK WITH IT, trust the program and yourself!!

rachelearth
07-29-2011, 12:02 PM

You know I wouldn't take the first week out. Actually I would want to do anything to psych myself up to stay with the program. I believe weight loss is part mentality, so anything we can do to keep ourselves happy and believe in what we do the easier it gets.

I look at weight loss as watching the paint dry, lol, whether you look at wall or not it is going to take its time to dry! So the best strategy is to leave it alone to get dry. Relating to weight loss, whether you look at the numbers on the scale or not, it is going to take its time going down. So I have tried to talk myself into buying that I want to hang out with people who understand what I am going through share my successes and setbacks, hear their encouraging words while the numbers on the scale take their sweet time to go down, lol. But it is going to go down.

That is a given that men lose easier, younger people lose easier, so I would suggest try and not compare yourself with your husband. Actually try and find someone here with your commitment, height, the amount of weight they want to lose, and same age decade and see how do you compare with them. I bet that you are going to see that they are going through the same thing.

Also 61.8 percent of our bodies is water (according to http://www.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/human-body/what-percent-human-body-weight-water). Drink a cup of water and you see one pound increase on the scale. We retain water easily, maybe it was unfortunate that you retained water today on your official weigh in.

Maybe try and to talk yourself into that you are doing this for your health and you might not see the numbers change on the scale as fast as you want, but you have treated your body the best you could for another week. That should count for a lot, right?

Good luck.

Determinedat47
07-29-2011, 12:12 PM

If you stick to this and stay on plan, I am guesssing at 10 weeks you are going to be the one encouraging others who feel the same as you do today. "only 11 ib"? you are doing great! The inches will melt away and the pounds. Hang in there. You cannot possibly read the posts on here and feel that you are unique with your weight loss. Many people complain or get discouraged like you in the beginning because we all want instant gratification. But as you know, thos who stay the course are so happy they did. You can do it!:D

jordanna
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
For those of you who like the chocolate drink but are worried about the high carb count on it, mix it with a pkg of vanilla pudding and split the powder out for two separate drinks, brings the carb count down to about 5.5g instead of 9 but you still get that chocolatey goodness :)

Determinedat47
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I know that it's frustrating. We are here for you. One thought, and I have no idea if it's right or not.

Your body might be in starvation mode and you might actually need more food. Make sure that you are eating if you are hungry. When I travel, I sometimes need an extra packet or an extra salad. Sometimes I even have more protein...

I too, have an extra packet or more meat if I am having a very hungry day. Will never know if I would have lost more weight those weeks if I hadn't, but it makes the diet tolerable, and even easy. This happens 1-2 x a week for me.:smug:

calee
07-29-2011, 12:24 PM

Being 60 and on thyroid meds, I feel your pain. I figure anything that I shed is a plus so I'm going to be patient and see what happens. I'm using alternative products but I'm still hoping for good results. Hang in there and try not to kick your hubby. :)

JoseyM
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend :)

rachelearth
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by rachelearth

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think once we anticipate a tough day, it gets easier somehow, lol. So far so good, I am just beginning to get hungry and it is time for lunch.

calee
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Good Morning. I love that this forum is here because all of you keep me motivated! I'm starting Day 5 and looking forward to it. I'm still addicted to my scale but happily, after 4 days, I'm down 3 pounds. I know it's water but I still like what the scale says! My first goal is 149 which will be 100 pounds down for me. I've been struggling with these last pounds for months so anything that shows a loss on the scale is keeping me going.

My only exercise for today will be a 3.5 mile walk with friends. I didn't sleep well last night, up after only 5 hours and feel a little drained. I'm glad I'm working from home today so I can work in my jammies.

I've read the reviews for Kale chips and it sounds like a lot of work. I eat the Trader Joe's Seaweed Snack Packet. The entire packet is 60 calories and I think 2 carbs/2 proteins. There's a lot in the packet and it kept me happily munching last night when I wanted a snack. Have any of you tried them?

Have a fun day!

wheekers
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM

I feel your pain. I also besides the 1st week only lose about 2 lbs a week which I did on ww as well. I've switched to alternative products because to me it wasn't worth the 80+ dollars a week. I'm still losing about the same with alternative. I'm just not losing so much money :)

calee
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend :)

That's awesome! Congratulations on a great WI!

rachelearth
07-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Wow, congratulations. That is so great.

Good Morning. I love that this forum is here because all of you keep me motivated! I'm starting Day 5 and looking forward to it. I'm still addicted to my scale but happily, after 4 days, I'm down 3 pounds. I know it's water but I still like what the scale says! My first goal is 149 which will be 100 pounds down for me. I've been struggling with these last pounds for months so anything that shows a loss on the scale is keeping me going.

My only exercise for today will be a 3.5 mile walk with friends. I didn't sleep well last night, up after only 5 hours and feel a little drained. I'm glad I'm working from home today so I can work in my jammies.

I've read the reviews for Kale chips and it sounds like a lot of work. I eat the Trader Joe's Seaweed Snack Packet. The entire packet is 60 calories and I think 2 carbs/2 proteins. There's a lot in the packet and it kept me happily munching last night when I wanted a snack. Have any of you tried them?

Have a fun day!

You are doing so great. Water or not, if it is a loss, it is a loss, lol. You are going to see 149 hopefully sooner than you expect. Good luck on your walk today.

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I too, have an extra packet or more meat if I am having a very hungry day. Will never know if I would have lost more weight those weeks if I hadn't, but it makes the diet tolerable, and even easy. This happens 1-2 x a week for me.:smug:

It was my coach who told me it was ok to add a packet if hungry. She said it's like adding more wood to the fire to keep metabolism up. 100 calories isn't a huge deal, and I don't think I've slowed myself down.

patns
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I just say to exclude week one, because mathematically (statistically) it would be considered a "flayer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Centroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.

Yes venting helps but I am surprised if you are post-menopausal that you would compare yourself to younger woman or any man. I have had a very hard time all my life losing weight which I now know is due to insulin resistance. But nothing prepared me for how incredibly hard it is after menopause.
I have to bite my tongue not to say to younger colleagues Get it off now, you have no idea how hard it will be later!!

So to me this is a miracle seeing a lose in my first week. This is after several years of logging everything on fitday and trying to balance everything and stay around 1200 calories and not lost an ounce. I will be ecstatic if I lose 11 pounds in 4 weeks.

My coach didn't mention anything about average loss, I notice she carefully goes over the food journal before she gets one on the scale.
I don't really pay attention when someone talks about a cheat. It is something I just cannot afford to do both heath wise and financially because I know one cheat will wipe out a week for me.

But I do understand your frustration. The thing that makes smoke come out of my ears is on another site I am on so many people say Oh, losing weight is the easy part, it's maintenance that's the killer. No the killer is following all the rules and maintaining forever when you need to lose the weight.
It was an eyeopener to me when I read what Dr Tein said about minor indulgences. He said for example a glass of wine won't make you gain weight but it won't help you lose it either.
So I don't criticize anyone who does cheat but at this price I won't be one of them. At my age (64) it will take me forever to make up lost ground.

CuteNcurls
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.

SarahDC
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Happy Friday to my fellow IPers!!!!
Started the morning with WI#10 (only 4 days after WI#9)...down 2.

Totals for 10 weeks------39lbs and 47 inches GONE...:carrot::carrot:

Those that aren't seeing the scale move, STICK WITH IT, trust the program and yourself!!

Congrats!! That is awesome! :carrot:

SarahDC
07-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Woohoo!! Keep it up, your doing great! I do WI on Friday as well and I think it does help keep me on track for the weekend. :carrot:

cinthia
07-29-2011, 02:04 PM
hang in there! i have never lost like everyone else either. I have started writing down what I eat and weighing everyday to see if their is a correlation between them. I am following low carb, but am not on the IP "plan" because of the cost. I have lost 21 lbs in 6 week -with 1 week off for vacation. I'd be happy to share info with you.

rachelearth
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.

I basically stole Pxlkitty4's signature, lol. Mini goals could be losing some % of what you want to lose, or making it to a lower tens etc. I tried to set my mini goals for somewhere between losing 3 to 5 pounds.

redhead14
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM

I don't set a date for my mini goals just a number I want to see. Example found a awesome purse at the consignment store the day I started, so I put it on my dresser and named it my "under 200" purse. Also I break it down into 10 pound sections easier than looking at 75.

leganegan
07-29-2011, 02:22 PM
For those of you who like the chocolate drink but are worried about the high carb count on it, mix it with a pkg of vanilla pudding and split the powder out for two separate drinks, brings the carb count down to about 5.5g instead of 9 but you still get that chocolatey goodness :)

yum, thanks, did you like?

leganegan
07-29-2011, 02:25 PM

How motivating! Go you! Enjoy your OP weekend!

wuv2bloved
07-29-2011, 02:38 PM

Look under the sticky notes there are 3 pages of recipes or do a search for IP recipes.

I had a gain the first time I didn't lose and I cried right there on the scale. I had stayed 100% OP but still gained. I was very upset but my arthritis was also in full swing. I just told myself that it is going to come off next week and it did! The scale may not be moving but your body is making adjustments in other places, you will notice your clothes getting bigger or looser and the iches nor the pounds are coming off. TRUST ME, they number will eventually come to see the light, please don't get discouraged. By the time I am finish with this program i will have lost 200lbs right now I have 56 gone. So hang in there with me/us and we will get through all of this together! Make a friend on this board that you can talk too when you are feeling down. Josey and I text when she is having a bad day or feels frustrated. It helps to have a friend that is going through the same stuff you are.

WOOHOO!!!....go Josey!!!....and you were worried!!...I told ya NOOOO worries! Hey I just realized you lost .1lb more than me this week!

I don't really set my self any goals, wait yes I guess I do. I just do it to lose 10 lbs and when I reach that 10lbs I am happy because I am dropping down another number. I started at 388 and now I am down to 333 so I am pushing to get to 329 to get out of the 330's. You don't have to set yourself goals, if you do set yourself a goal don't give it a date if you will get disappointed if you don't reach it and then sabotage yourself. Be creative, you can do this!

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I basically stole Pxlkitty4's signature, lol. Mini goals could be losing some % of what you want to lose, or making it to a lower tens etc. I tried to set my mini goals for somewhere between losing 3 to 5 pounds.

Ha! Steal away... I try to make them something I can reach every 2-4 weeks. That gives me little things to celebrate. I never set a date for them in advance. I just log when I reached them.

When I feel like this is taking forever, I can look back and realize how far I've come in a relatively short time.

calee
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
My goal is to get out of the 150's where I've been for more months than I care to mention. After that my goal will be 145 which is a "normal" BMI. From there everything else will just be amazing!

nikkib
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I looked in the mirror thismorning and I can actualy tell there is a dif where my back ends and my butt starts!!!! Not just rolls!! I can see some defanition on my lower arms where my muscles are also!! I do not measure but I KNOW I have lost a ton of inches already!

This diet has worked so much better than anything else I have ever been on. I have noticed my thoughts on food are way dif also. When I am around food that smells good I know I can resist it. This may sound strange but I can feel my body energizing about half way through my meals. I totaly understand the concept of eating to fuel the body now. I never thought I would be able to say that in a million years. I will never look at food the way I did before.

Anyone that is having doubts about their loss just keep plugging away. You may not loose real fast but you are also learning new life skills that will keep you healthier in the long run. I hope everyone has a perfect OP DAY :)

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I feel your pain. I also besides the 1st week only lose about 2 lbs a week which I did on ww as well. I've switched to alternative products because to me it wasn't worth the 80+ dollars a week. I'm still losing about the same with alternative. I'm just not losing so much money :)

I may have to do that (switch to alternatives) because, I budgeted on the fact that she (the coach) if you don't cheat you will lose 3-5 week, well, if I am not losing that it will take a lot longer to complete the program and that is part of my frustration too, money does not grow on trees ( my mom always used to say that. lol)

I do like the fact that this forum lets you come and vent on your bad days. I am staying with IP for at least 1 more month and then may switch to alternatives, the people that can do this for months must be rich! tee hee :)

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
oh on a Happy note. My 6 bottles or Torani sugar-free syrup arrived (very quickly) so funny, they are huge, I didn't even check the mls when I ordered, so if anybody lives in the Corning area, I will share with you. :)

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM

My losses haven't been great either, wk 1, -4.4, wk 2, -1.6, wk 3, -1.6 next weigh in on Tuesday Morning. I know they say 3-5lbs a week for woman but I think it depends on the individual and their body chemistry, make up and genetics. Also if you are on any medications that can make a difference too. Defiantly don't skip any meals either that totally affects it.

Is it that TOM for you can also affect it? Maybe next week you may see a larger weight loss. Keep up the good work it is difficult but it will happen. I look at it like this what other way would I have lost 7lbs. in three weeks! Not as good as other but a loss none the less.

Good luck this week, let us know how next weigh in goes!

longdivision
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2. i must say, it's a bit weird switching up the way i eat after having done the same thing every day for almost 7 months. i am only one pound away from my goal, but it would be nice to get a bit lower in phase 2 and 3 so that i have some room for the glycogen stores to come back. i am quite excited to be phasing off though! it's been a long journey and i have lost A LOT of weight. this is the main reason i decided to phase off now... a few days ago i started to notice that my size 6 skinny jeans were getting baggy. i'm 5'7 with a medium frame, and my current measurements are 36-27-35. i'd like for my waist to be a bit smaller, but it seems like it's all just coming off my hips and butt right now and i don't like that because they are already smaller than my bust (i'm basically and A cup, by the way), and i don't want to look weird and top heavy. anyhow, i figured it was time to phase off and begin working out to tighten all the loose skin. yes ladies, there will be loose skin... even with the collagen packets, although mine isn't that bad, it just makes me look a little bigger than i actually am. nothing a bit of P90X and Krav Maga classes can't fix.

anyhow, to all of you new/newish folk... i never thought this diet would work for me. i had tried everything from calorie counting to 2 hours in the gym a day 6 days a week for 6+ months straight to even a stint of bulimia in my high school years. i though i was doomed to be overweight/obese for life. in just under 7 months of IP i have lost 90 lbs and gone from a tight size 16 to a loose size 6. my current body fat % takes me out of the average category and well into the "fitness" category (this makes me laugh cause i get out of breath walking up the stairs from the subway!). anyhow, the point is, this diet works and it will work for you if you just follow the plan and say dedicated!!! you are all already some of the smartest people i know for deciding to join this program. keep it up ladies!!!

pselias
07-29-2011, 03:09 PM

The first week's loss is included in the average weight loss. If you do your math with that week included, you're averaging 3.8 lbs a week for your first 3 weeks! Was your official WI 0lbs for week 4? If it was, you'll still be at 2.85 lbs.
As with any diet, the key word is average. Some (women even) are losing 5-6 lbs. a week. Others are closer to a single pound.
Try alternative products, just don't get discouraged!!! You're doing awesome.

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 03:10 PM
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2. i must say, it's a bit weird switching up the way i eat after having done the same thing every day for almost 7 months. i am only one pound away from my goal, but it would be nice to get a bit lower in phase 2 and 3 so that i have some room for the glycogen stores to come back. i am quite excited to be phasing off though! it's been a long journey and i have lost A LOT of weight. this is the main reason i decided to phase off now... a few days ago i started to notice that my size 6 skinny jeans were getting baggy. i'm 5'7 with a medium frame, and my current measurements are 36-27-35. i'd like for my waist to be a bit smaller, but it seems like it's all just coming off my hips and butt right now and i don't like that because they are already smaller than my bust (i'm basically and A cup, by the way), and i don't want to look weird and top heavy. anyhow, i figured it was time to phase off and begin working out to tighten all the loose skin. yes ladies, there will be loose skin... even with the collagen packets, although mine isn't that bad, it just makes me look a little bigger than i actually am. nothing a bit of P90X and Krav Maga classes can't fix.

anyhow, to all of you new/newish folk... i never thought this diet would work for me. i had tried everything from calorie counting to 2 hours in the gym a day 6 days a week for 6+ months straight to even a stint of bulimia in my high school years. i though i was doomed to be overweight/obese for life. in just under 7 months of IP i have lost 90 lbs and gone from a tight size 16 to a loose size 6. my current body fat % takes me out of the average category and well into the "fitness" category (this makes me laugh cause i get out of breath walking up the stairs from the subway!). anyhow, the point is, this diet works and it will work for you if you just follow the plan and say dedicated!!! you are all already some of the smartest people i know for deciding to join this program. keep it up ladies!!!

Congrats to you! Well done, you must feel amazing!

SarahDC
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Great Job!!! Thanks for sharing your experience with the program. I have about the same amount to lose and your story is very encouraging. I look forward to hearing how the next stages go for you. Congrats on your success! :D

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Wholly Molly, They arrived in 2 days w/regular shipping was only 4.95 for entire order from NETRITION.COM

I got 7 flavors, 3 from da vinci and 4 from torani. Can't wait to start experimenting.

On another note my very picky does not like food 4 year old loves Big Mac in a Bowl, lol! Begs me for it!

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
So, I've been on for 20 days and can figure out how to do the Ticker but can't get it to show up on my posts. Do I have to cut and paste it because I don't know how to do that?

jd447
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2.

Way to go Laura! :cp:

Keep us posted on how phasing off goes. I have been resisting reading much about phase 2, 3 & 4 because I had so far to go. I probably have another 2 months before I need to be worrying about it! :dizzy:

murleya1
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM
LongDivision - Congrats! Ohh extra skin how I fear it. I just hope that it does not get bad. Maybe my age will help as I am only 27. It is funny you say your %fat puts in the the athletic. Dieting I always feared losing my muscle. But so far with this diet I have hardly lost any muscle at all. Imagine being a 150 pound person carrying the same amount of muscle as I did at 240. I would look so buff!

leganegan
07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
So, I've been on for 20 days and can figure out how to do the Ticker but can't get it to show up on my posts. Do I have to cut and paste it because I don't know how to do that?

haha yes, you have to cut and paste it. copy it once you create it, it gives you the code to copy, then under User CP go to Edit Signature and you can paste into edit signature box.

jd447
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I had a pretty good NSV last night. I had decided long ago that when I had lost a significant amount of weight, I would buy myself some wranglers and cowboy boots. I used to wear boots & wranglers all the time when I was in High School & College. Last night I found some great Justin Gypsy boots that feel wonderful & I tried on a pair of cowboy cut wrangers in a size 31 x 34 & they fit!!! It blows me away because I used to wear a size 29 x 34 when I was in College and I weighed 125 lbs back then! Now I am already for fair season here in the Pacific NW!

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Back from official weigh-in #4 and I was up 0.2lbs. boo hoo. My %fat was lower:)

I had a nice talk with the coach, I am going to start taking the enzymes (more $$) and an extra KCa and even more Propel, I am already drinking 3 a day. My electrolytes are low. I told her I was tired all week, so that is the plan for this week and we will see what happens.

Congrats to all the great accomplishments and thanks always to wuv2b.

patns
07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Way to go Laura! :cp:

Keep us posted on how phasing off goes. I have been resisting reading much about phase 2, 3 & 4 because I had so far to go. I probably have another 2 months before I need to be worrying about it! :dizzy:

Oh wow, just looking and your before and nowpictures I would never have known it was the same person. What an incredible difference.

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Wholly Molly, They arrived in 2 days w/regular shipping was only 4.95 for entire order from NETRITION.COM

I got 7 flavors, 3 from da vinci and 4 from torani. Can't wait to start experimenting.

On another note my very picky does not like food 4 year old loves Big Mac in a Bowl, lol! Begs me for it!

OMG, you will have to share recipes. When my husband comes home and sees 7 huge bottles of syrup, he will think I am opening a Cafe. lol. I had a couple of bottles I bought at Wegmans, but wanted more flavors, the ones I bought are 350mls and the ones I ordered (and didn't check mls) are 750mls, probably should last until they bury me. lol lol lol :)

wuv2bloved
07-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Back from official weigh-in #4 and I was up 0.2lbs. boo hoo. My %fat was lower:)

I had a nice talk with the coach, I am going to start taking the enzymes (more $$) and an extra KCa and even more Propel, I am already drinking 3 a day. My electrolytes are low. I told her I was tired all week, so that is the plan for this week and we will see what happens.

Congrats to all the great accomplishments and thanks always to wuv2b.

maybe with the changes you will see numbers drop, but don't boo hoo your 5fat was lower so SOMETHING was good. Are you drinking regular water as well as the Propel?

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes wuv2b,
I am drinking, ~ 48 ozs. of Propel and 48 ozs. of regular H2O. She also said she would like me to drink some unsweetened coconut water, but she said it is quite bitter. I am going to go to Wegmans and get some, I'll add some of the Torani syrup I got to make it less bitter, she said that would be fine. Are you taking the enzymes? I have not had any stomach or bowel troubles at all, but she wants me to try them.

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 04:46 PM

I have to 1) congratulate Laura, and 2) agree wholeheartedly with her. Five months ago, I wrote 155 as a goal weight, not ever thinking that I would make it there. I picked a number that was something that I remembered weighing in high school. It was surreal...

This Monday, my official weight was 154. I have lowered my goal to 145, feel great in everything that I wear, and have a better outlook on life.

I went from a tight 16 to a size 8 mostly, some size 6's. I just registered "normal BMI" yesterday at the gym.

The individual weeks might seem slow, annoying, and frustrating. But, as Laura said, stick with it. This program can change your life, but you have to let it.

CuteNcurls
07-29-2011, 04:56 PM

WOW...so inspiring. I started at 230 and my goal is similar to yours (150 because I'm 5'5"). This is week 4 for me and I'm happy with the losses so far. Please keep coming back to the forum and let us know how the phases work for you. Congratulations on your amazing journey! :carrot:

brummie
07-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Wow Longdivision...This is incredibly inspirational! This is just what all these great new IPers need to hear! This diet does work - I never thought I would get to this point either. I remember my first week, wondering if I would last more than a couple of weeks, sceptical as to whether it worked and worried about the amount of money that I was using out of our family budget. All that worry was for nothing, aside from the weight loss, I feel great (no more burning pains in my hips and knees, my BP is down) - I also have had an opportunity to reassess my relationship with food (which ultimately made me look at the relationship I have with myself).

I started IP at 190lbs. Prior to that it had taken me two years to get from 210 to 190.
I have gone from a size 18-20 in pants to a size 8, I can sit in a chair and cross my legs without having to manually lift one leg over the other, I can get up off the couch without straining and I can breathe...breathe...breathe, without feeling like I am suffocating in my own body.

I love this plan!

longdivision
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow Longdivision...This is incredibly inspirational! This is just what all these great new IPers need to hear! This diet does work - I never thought I would get to this point either. I remember my first week, wondering if I would last more than a couple of weeks, sceptical as to whether it worked and worried about the amount of money that I was using out of our family budget. All that worry was for nothing, aside from the weight loss, I feel great (no more burning pains in my hips and knees, my BP is down) - I also have had an opportunity to reassess my relationship with food (which ultimately made me look at the relationship I have with myself).

I started IP at 190lbs. Prior to that it had taken me two years to get from 210 to 190.
I have gone from a size 18-20 in pants to a size 8, I can sit in a chair and cross my legs without having to manually lift one leg over the other, I can get up off the couch without straining and I can breathe...breathe...breathe, without feeling like I am suffocating in my own body.

I love this plan!

i know how you feel!! i decided it was time to lose weight when it got difficult for me to put socks on, and labored my breathing to bend over and tie my shoes. also, i had a terrible sharp pain in my right knee cap for the last 5 years that my doctors couldn't figure out. wouldn't you know it that the pain went away as the weight came off! i also used to be on BP medication for type II hypertension and the doctors would tell me that 28 was way too young to be on BP medication. now i take no medication and my BP is on the low side. being obese can affect a lot of things. it really puts your health in jeopardy.

JoseyM
07-29-2011, 07:02 PM
So my WF delivery arrived today, I got 8 different items and it was $35.27 shipping all items. So, needless to say I can FINALLY have the Big Mac Bowl tonight :carrot:

pselias
07-29-2011, 07:24 PM
very excited. Safeway had ribeyes on sale! I have stocked my freezer. I love a good steak. Thank goodness one of my favorite foods is IP friendly. :D

cadenlevi
07-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Weigh in number 4 and down another 2.5 pounds!!!! Maybe this week I won't have any set backs. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

calee
07-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Laura, congratulations on your huge victory. You're so lucky to be doing this at your young age instead of carrying around the weight for a lifetime. I know that you're inspiring all of us!

Congratulations to everyone that posted all of their victories today!

wuv2bloved
07-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes wuv2b,
I am drinking, ~ 48 ozs. of Propel and 48 ozs. of regular H2O. She also said she would like me to drink some unsweetened coconut water, but she said it is quite bitter. I am going to go to Wegmans and get some, I'll add some of the Torani syrup I got to make it less bitter, she said that would be fine. Are you taking the enzymes? I have not had any stomach or bowel troubles at all, but she wants me to try them.

I think you are the first person that I have seen that the coach told them to drink the Propel water. I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day. I am not on any of the enzymes just the vitamins from the program is all. I would try drinking MORE water than 96 ozs if you can. I know the more water I drink the more I lose. Just a suggestion :hug:

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 09:58 PM
OMG, you will have to share recipes. When my husband comes home and sees 7 huge bottles of syrup, he will think I am opening a Cafe. lol. I had a couple of bottles I bought at Wegmans, but wanted more flavors, the ones I bought are 350mls and the ones I ordered (and didn't check mls) are 750mls, probably should last until they bury me. lol lol lol :)

Ha Ha, my husband came home and said what the heck are those for? Why are there so many? How much did all that cost? LOL! They just don't get it.

So I've already been hard at work using them

I made a Vanilla Pudding and cold Decaf coffee frap used 10oz. decaf coffee for the liquid blended it w/vanilla pudding packet and ice added some Dulce de Leche da vinci syrup it was yummy!

made pudding cakes tonight substituted 1 oz of water for 1 oz. pumpkin pie syrup in vanilla pudding cakes added cinnamon and nutmeg

made lemon pudding cakes substituted 1 oz water for 1 oz strawberry torini syrup

simmered rhubarb w/water and used strawberry syrup for the sweetener simmered right into the water and rhubarb. Its cooling now, tomorrow I will bake it in oven with an IP oatmeal packet made w/water spread it on top and bake, then I'll add a dollop of vanilla pudding that will be my lunch since 2 cups of rhubarb is equal to 2 cups of veggies. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'll keep 'em coming as the days go on!

Scofflaw1
07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
wi #4 today...down 2.2 lbs. I cannot WAIT till I'm in the 130s today.
There was a girl in the clinic on the same diet and she was having a tough time so I gave her this website and I hope she comes on here cuz it really was essential to my success. :D

Scofflaw1
07-29-2011, 10:27 PM
errr...not today...lol I mean I cannot wiat till I'm in the 130s soon lol

Determinedat47
07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
I think you are the first person that I have seen that the coach told them to drink the Propel water. I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day. I am not on any of the enzymes just the vitamins from the program is all. I would try drinking MORE water than 96 ozs if you can. I know the more water I drink the more I lose. Just a suggestion :hug:

I agree. I try to drink a gallon of water a day- if I drink too much more, I get dizzy. But the more water I drink, the better my loss for the week. My coach says no propel, no crystal light, no mio, no diet pop, no coffee syrups.:dizzy:

brandam6
07-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.

Wow! Congrats!

wuv2bloved
07-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I agree. I try to drink a gallon of water a day- if I drink too much more, I get dizzy. But the more water I drink, the better my loss for the week. My coach says no propel, no crystal light, no mio, no diet pop, no coffee syrups.:dizzy:

My coach says I can have MIO and thecoffee splenda syrups just use with moderation.

haggis
07-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi All,

New here and wondering what the IP diet is. I have done well on a low carb diet in the past - works well with my metabolism. is it anything similar?

Bellamack
07-29-2011, 10:52 PM

Wow. I think I will back off the Propel (even though she told me to increase it) and replace with regular filtered water. We will see if that makes a difference. She said the Propel is good because it has electrolytes and is made with Sucralose. The coffee syrups made with Splenda she said were fine. hmmmmmmmm. she did say no pop of any kind or crystal light.

I am going just H2O, I am paying too much not to get maximum benefit. If you don't mind asking your coach why no Propel and why one coach would encourage it and another would say "no". thx

wuv2bloved
07-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Wow. I think I will back off the Propel (even though she told me to increase it) and replace with regular filtered water. We will see if that makes a difference. She said the Propel is good because it has electrolytes and is made with Sucralose. The coffee syrups made with Splenda she said were fine. hmmmmmmmm. she did say no pop of any kind or crystal light.

I am going just H2O, I am paying too much not to get maximum benefit. If you don't mind asking your coach why no Propel and why one coach would encourage it and another would say "no". thx

I don't remember the reasoning behind it all I remember is her saying NO....so NO to me is stay FAR away from it....lol

niknakjack
07-29-2011, 10:55 PM
haha yes, you have to cut and paste it. copy it once you create it, it gives you the code to copy, then under User CP go to Edit Signature and you can paste into edit signature box.

Ah, yes. I got it. Thank You!

brandam6
07-29-2011, 11:00 PM
well ladies, today is my first day of phase 2. i must say, it's a bit weird switching up the way i eat after having done the same thing every day for almost 7 months.

Way to go!!

Determinedat47
07-29-2011, 11:00 PM

Good old water is obviously always the best choice. Even thou crystal light, the syrups, etc say 0/0/0, they still have carbs. They can advertise 0 if there is less that 1 per serving. Also, the sweeteners can trigger cravings in some people so my coach and the dr. That over see's it say no to those. Also another part of the rational is to break the cycle of needing so many treats- the puddings, etc are supposed to be enough. That being said, on weekends I treat myself to a flavored coffee or some mio but my clinic discourages that.:smug::smug:

brandam6
07-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Thank you for all the congratulations from yesterday.

Congrats to all of you for another OP day!

petie
07-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes wuv2b,

Propel has carbs, sugar and calories. Not only is that not considered water, it's not allowed. Coconut 'water' has more carbs/sugar/calories than the Propel. Whatever you're going to be doing with your beverages I'm hoping works for you, BUT 96 ounces of regular H2O, has you see it, is a minimum. Please get that into you every day.

petie
07-29-2011, 11:20 PM

Oh I love this story Laura, you are a hero and you have been such a beautiful positive force. I know how proud you must be....I am for you too. Way to go little girl! (I can say that I'm old)

Determinedat47
07-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Propel has carbs, sugar and calories. Not only is that not considered water, it's not allowed. Coconut 'water' has more carbs/sugar/calories than the Propel. Whatever you're going to be doing with your beverages I'm hoping works for you, BUT 96 ounces of regular H2O, has you see it, is a minimum. Please get that into you every day.

Yeah-I really do not understand the coconut water AT ALL.:?:

MomNeedsTaShrink
07-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Just used my WF coupon CL-2111-05 (sorry if sharing isn't allowed)! Buy 5 get 5 free!

I also had kohlrabi for the first time ever tonight and it was amazing! Thank for all the ideas!

Have a relaxing weekend! :carrot:

petie
07-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Just used my WF coupon CL-2111-05 (sorry if sharing isn't allowed)! Buy 5 get 5 free!

I also had kohlrabi for the first time ever tonight and it was amazing! Thank for all the ideas!

Have a relaxing weekend! :carrot:

OMGOODNESS....you're the best. I JUST received an order and you sent me flying into the kitchen to check on their shelf life. I tried some coupon codes that just didn't cut it, so thank you for this.

MomNeedsTaShrink
07-30-2011, 12:41 AM
OMGOODNESS....you're the best. I JUST received an order and you sent me flying into the kitchen to check on their shelf life. I tried some coupon codes that just didn't cut it, so thank you for this.

You are very welcome! :)

whirlybird68
07-30-2011, 02:19 AM
On one of these threads i saw a link to calculate your percentage of weight lost. I can't find the link now, but i tried it and could get all of info input but it would not give me the percentage in the end. What to do?

Pxlkitty4
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
On one of these threads i saw a link to calculate your percentage of weight lost. I can't find the link now, but i tried it and could get all of info input but it would not give me the percentage in the end. What to do?

It's a spreadsheet, so the formula has to be there. I copied the formula in for you.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkUCX4sOotSgdHM2YTJIMDRQYmNlelFRb0VJb01Wd Gc&hl=en_US

sandyh50
07-30-2011, 08:25 AM

I go to fitwatch dot com to calculate my weight loss percentage.

sandyh50
07-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Good Saturday morning to all! I jumped on the scale this morning and was happy to see it going down. Now if it will just continue that trend until my weigh in on Tuesday. It was also kind of fun to go try on smaller clothes in my closet. Some are still too tight but many are going to be fine when school starts in a little over 3 weeks. Without this weight loss this summer I would have had nothing to wear!! My friend wants me to run around to garage sales today so maybe I can find some cute clothes at a bargain. I also want to find some legos to leave at my house for the grandkids.

Have a great day everyone! REmember, this is a no cheat diet!!

amaliayosa
07-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I sure am losing this first week. 8 pounds gone! That's an encouraging start, but man do I ever feel weak. Especially when I first stand up, and mainly in my legs. I usually enjoy zumba, but honestly could not handle it right now. Is this normal? On day 4 btw.

JoseyM
07-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Good late morning to all :) Woke up this morning feeling very "indifferent" to the diet :( I don't feel like going off, just feel, ho hum....... Have to plan some cassaroles for the family since I go back to work on Monday....Hope the ho hum doesn't turn into YUCK! feeling..... I am sure it is just having to go back to work......:(

Bellamack
07-30-2011, 11:11 AM
OK. I am not drinking any Propel this week and trying to up the volume of regular H2O. I just got back from my 3 mile walk and had breakfast, feel tired. Have yardwork and picnic today, the weather is supposed to get to 90, which I am sure it will,, since it already seems pretty darn warm. Have a great weekend everyone!

Porthardygurl
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

2 NSVS!!

My co-worker commented on how my tummy doesnt hang down as much and its not all big like im pregnant! Yay! And...Someone offered me a peice of chocolate and i said NNNNNNNNNAAAAAANNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Cause im on a diet! and im stickin too it.. and he was like "oh im sorry" and im like :) thats okay.. im not even tempted by it! and i truly wasnt..

Oh and the day before..me and my hunny went to dinner...and i ordered a salad!!! thats right! a salad!!!! and stayed 100% OP! So boooooo frickin ya!!!!

Oh and did i mention ive officially lost 15 pounds!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!

Bellamack
07-30-2011, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=amaliayosa;3963778]I sure am losing this first week. 8 pounds gone! That's an encouraging start, but man do I ever feel weak. Especially when I first stand up, and mainly in my legs. I usually enjoy zumba, but honestly could not handle it right now. Is this normal? On day 4 btw

Yes it is normal, along with headaches the first week, make sure you get your H2O and seasalt in.

Most peoples energy level goes up after week 1, mine did not. I am in week 5 and still dragging my butt. I have not cheated at all and followed the program to the "t". My coach upped my vitamins this week to see if that would help. Make sure you log everything, even how you are feeling, so you and your coach can make any adjustments that might be necessay.

WELCOME to 3fc and the IP community :)

Bellamack
07-30-2011, 11:34 AM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

2 NSVS!!

My co-worker commented on how my tummy doesnt hang down as much and its not all big like im pregnant! Yay! And...Someone offered me a peice of chocolate and i said NNNNNNNNNAAAAAANNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Cause im on a diet! and im stickin too it.. and he was like "oh im sorry" and im like :) thats okay.. im not even tempted by it! and i truly wasnt..

Oh and the day before..me and my hunny went to dinner...and i ordered a salad!!! thats right! a salad!!!! and stayed 100% OP! So boooooo frickin ya!!!!

Good for YOu! You are on a roll, keep it up and keep posting!

redhead14
07-30-2011, 11:35 AM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Rock on!! Congrats on the NSVs!!!:D

Bellamack
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Good Saturday morning to all! I jumped on the scale this morning and was happy to see it going down. Now if it will just continue that trend until my weigh in on Tuesday. It was also kind of fun to go try on smaller clothes in my closet. Some are still too tight but many are going to be fine when school starts in a little over 3 weeks. Without this weight loss this summer I would have had nothing to wear!! My friend wants me to run around to garage sales today so maybe I can find some cute clothes at a bargain. I also want to find some legos to leave at my house for the grandkids.

Have a great day everyone! REmember, this is a no cheat diet!!

YES! Hope it keeps going. We are almost the same stats and age I think ( I am 53. Have fun, I love going to garage sales, don't do it much anymore, but every now and again. Have a great OP weekend :)

Pauley
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
So we hosted a barbecue/family reunion at our house and I made it through the whole thing IP, answered the normal questions... "yes it's a weird diet, and no I can't eat fruit even though it's healthy blah blah blah". I made great food but could only eat the vegetable tray and a little piece of meat of course. Guests brought the dessert so I was cutting up and serving people slabs of cheesecake and blueberry cookie cobbler with whipped cream! It was a killer but I didn't even lick my finger.

So get this - after it's all over and I've cleaned up, I collapse in front of the TV with my little bag of chocolate soy puffs and am savoring them one by one when hubby says "hey, those look pretty good, can I have some?" I almost strangled his cheesecake and baby back rib snarfing throat!

I'm pretty sure he won't ask again...

ItsAboutTime
07-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I will try and go back and read this whole discussion but I may not make it all the way through. It's been a busy couple of days getting ready for the funeral. I've been with my grandma (her mom is the one who passed away) the past 2 days and you would NOT believe the insane amount of baked goods people have dropped off. I have cut more bars and set out more cookies in the last few days than my entire lifetime. Yesterday the local grocery store dropped off pulled pork with nothing on it so I switched lunch and dinner around so I could eat a little with my family. Someone also brought a veggie tray so I had cauliflower and some pickles and nobody even noticed I was eating "strange". I was *this close* to accidentally licking my fingers after cutting one pan of brownies but caught myself. I had to budge through 2 aunts and a cousin at the sink washing dishes to wash it off my hands right away. ;) It's been hard but I keep telling myself, "food only satisfies hunger" so I didn't make excuses to be an emotional eater. Nobody has commented on the weight loss but I'm not what's on everyone's minds right now so it hasn't bothered me. My husband told me last night I looked great when I came down all dressed up for the prayer service though. Love him. Today may be a bigger challenge when everyone is sitting down to eat after the funeral but I may just keep busy and drink my shake in the church kitchen. (Veggies may have to wait until later.)

And to make passing up all the yummy cakes, bars, and cookies worth it......this morning I was down 1 pound from Thursday making it 20lb total! I obviously won't record it until Thursday but it still put a smile on my face.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Linden
07-30-2011, 11:58 AM
So we hosted a barbecue/family reunion at our house and I made it through the whole thing IP, answered the normal questions... "yes it's a weird diet, and no I can't eat fruit even though it's healthy blah blah blah". I made great food but could only eat the vegetable tray and a little piece of meat of course. Guests brought the dessert so I was cutting up and serving people slabs of cheesecake and blueberry cookie cobbler with whipped cream! It was a killer but I didn't even lick my finger.

So get this - after it's all over and I've cleaned up, I collapse in front of the TV with my little bag of chocolate soy puffs and am savoring them one by one when hubby says "hey, those look pretty good, can I have some?" I almost strangled his cheesecake and baby back rib snarfing throat!

Snigger, snigger.

calee
07-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I go to fitwatch dot com to calculate my weight loss percentage.

Sandy, thanks for that website. I've never seen that before. Now I have a fantasy goal of 124.9 which would be 50% for me. At 60 I don't expect to see that as I haven't seen it since around 1963 but a girl can always dream. :)

calee
07-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Good Morning,

Congratulations on all the victories! I love reading when you resist temptation because it makes me think that I can too!

Today is Day 6 for me. So far so good. I've exercised everyday this week and I'm starting to feel my energy coming back. On Wednesday I didn't think I'd finish the 3.5 mile walk and yesterday I felt great doing it. I'm going to repeat it this morning.

I started on Monday morning (using alternative products) at 155. I've been in the 150's for months and months. I think I was secretly praying to shed 2 pounds this week, which would feel like a freaking miracle after all this time. This morning my friendly scale said 151.4!! I haven't seen that since around 1976. You bet I'm delighted and energized to just keep on going. Now I'm visualizing 5 by Monday morning or even more. I told my WW leader that Monday would be a good weigh-in, but I never dreamed it would be this good!

I started my WL journey at 249.8 in 2009 so I'm getting really close to a goal that's been a dream for over 35 years.

ItsAboutTime
07-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Way to go on all the great losses yesterday!

LongDivision: Amazing results. Good luck with Phase II.

I am only drinking plain water now too. I was doing quite a bit of Mio and then just 1 bottle of Mio a day and now I don't do any at all. It got a funkier aftertaste everyday for some reason and I'd rather just drink it plain. My sister in law who is doing alternatives like me drinks propel and I didn't know if she was supposed to. I will let her see how her loss is Monday and decide from there I guess.

JoseyM
07-30-2011, 12:39 PM

LOL!! My kids do the same thing, and yes, I could choke them right out!!! funny, good for you resisting!

disgal
07-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Mornin!! Happy Saturday! Had a fantastic NSV this morning!!:carrot: Started back at the gym today. Did the treadmill, then did weights/machines, then went on the eliptical. When I was on the eliptical, I entered my weight. I wasn't really thinking about it and realized I punched in my previous weight of 230 pounds instead of my "new" current weight!!!!:carrot: Talk about habit!!!! I was almost in tears (happy tears that is)!!! Woot woot!!!!

And it feels so good to be back working out again (I used to work out all the time B4 IP...like 5-6 days a week, but stopped because I was told my weight loss would slow down)....didn't realize how much I missed it!!!!!:carrot:

Happy Weekend everyone!!!:hug:

JoLoMN
07-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Enjoyed reading your posts everyone.

Congrats on all the WI and NSV victories! Your stories motivate and encourage me.

Continuing to stay off the scale and makes me a happier camper every day I do!

NSV #1- Went to Victoria's Secret (normally I only shop there for my daughter) and told the dressing assistant I had lost a lot of weight recently and had no idea what size I was. She had me in the dressing room trying on things and out on the floor picking new items in no time and WITHOUT embarrassment! I was on some level dredding the experience, and surprisingly felt really good about. Hey, and the girls look good today!

NSV #2: At the mall, I found myself walking into several stores that I would not have dreamed of walking into 5 months ago - assuming the clerks would be looking at me thinking "this store isn't for you" or "we don't carry your size" and I found clerks approaching me, telling me about thier sales and being extremely friendly. Not sure if it was in my head before, or if just how I felt about myself...

Now, I just need to figure out which are my new favorite stores to shop in, that carry the types of things I like to wear, that are appropriate for my age, and are the quality I am willing to pay for. No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

Hope you all have an OP Weekend!
Jo

calee
07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Jo, isn't it great to walk into a store that you couldn't shop in before? Last year I was in New Orleans. I walked into a shop that carries the type of clothing that I wear (linen, cotton etc). I was walking towards the back because that's generally where the sales are. The sales person stopped me and said, "you don't want to go back there, those clothes won't fit you". Apparently that's where the larger sizes were. After a lifetime in large sizes, I just walked around giggling all day. I'd turn to my son (37) and say, you don't want to go there and we'd just crack up. We were celebrating my 60th birthday and this just kept us laughing all weekend.

grannyto2bear
07-30-2011, 01:35 PM
good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.

Ishbel
07-30-2011, 01:42 PM
good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.

Welcome!! :)

brummie
07-30-2011, 02:02 PM
I will try and go back and read this whole discussion but I may not make it all the way through. It's been a busy couple of days getting ready for the funeral. I've been with my grandma (her mom is the one who passed away) the past 2 days and you would NOT believe the insane amount of baked goods people have dropped off. I have cut more bars and set out more cookies in the last few days than my entire lifetime. Yesterday the local grocery store dropped off pulled pork with nothing on it so I switched lunch and dinner around so I could eat a little with my family. Someone also brought a veggie tray so I had cauliflower and some pickles and nobody even noticed I was eating "strange". I was *this close* to accidentally licking my fingers after cutting one pan of brownies but caught myself. I had to budge through 2 aunts and a cousin at the sink washing dishes to wash it off my hands right away. ;) It's been hard but I keep telling myself, "food only satisfies hunger" so I didn't make excuses to be an emotional eater. Nobody has commented on the weight loss but I'm not what's on everyone's minds right now so it hasn't bothered me. My husband told me last night I looked great when I came down all dressed up for the prayer service though. Love him. Today may be a bigger challenge when everyone is sitting down to eat after the funeral but I may just keep busy and drink my shake in the church kitchen. (Veggies may have to wait until later.)

And to make passing up all the yummy cakes, bars, and cookies worth it......this morning I was down 1 pound from Thursday making it 20lb total! I obviously won't record it until Thursday but it still put a smile on my face.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I am so proud of you. This would definately have been a stress eating time for me. You are an inspiration to anyone who gets tempted to give in to cravings on a whim. If you can manage to stay OP through these most difficult of times, the rest of us have no excuse.
God bless you and your family

Sherwood
07-30-2011, 02:13 PM

I started with 83 pounds to lose and for every 15 gone, I get a non-food treat and for every 15 the hubby loses, he gets $50 play money for dvd's or concert tickets or whatever we wouldn't normally do. I really look forward to my next treat all the time, and I have 19.6 pounds left to go! I also calculated the percentages of weight loss - what weight I'd be at 10%, 25%, 50%, etc. I just hit the 75% mark of what I have to lose and I find that very motivating as well. Since you lose many inches on this plan, I'd also recommend finding a good thrift store as you shrink in size. You can pick up a few outfits that don't cost very much, and when you move down, just donate them back and get "new" stuff. My friend lost a lot of weight (not all she wanted) and we went shopping at a women's clothing store and she bought a bunch of stuff on sale. A month later, she was swimming in all the new clothes. That's when we hit the thrift store. I was there this week and bought 3 pairs of jeans and 4 tops and it cost me $32!! I'll have no problem giving those 13/14's back when I move into the 12's :)

Pxlkitty4
07-30-2011, 02:22 PM

See my signature for my mini-goals. I set mini goals that I can reach every 2-4 weeks, depending on the goal. It makes me feel like I am doing something tangible... also, I can look back and see how far I've come. This is especially helpful when I have those days where I feel like I've been doing this forrrrrrever. I don't really celebrate mini-goals with anything specific, but I have been better about mani/pedi...

And now I'm treating myself to:
1) getting my eyelashes tinted so that I don't need mascara at the pool
2) massage or facial once per month

The only problem with my signature is that it's hovering around being too long. In a few more weeks, I'll have to erase some of my past goals so that my weekly WIs will still fit.

Watkat
07-30-2011, 02:26 PM

We are so glad you are here. :wel3fc: We will help in any way we can.:carrot:

fattu
07-30-2011, 02:35 PM
HI ALL!
Im new to the 3fatchicks site.
I've also just started the Ideal Protein Program yesterday!
I think carbs miss me, but I am trying very hard not to miss them!
My WI is on Friday the 5th.

I have a long way to go, but just thinking short term.
Im 5'6 and 264
So hopefully I'll have a great first week!

Good luck to you all!

wuv2bloved
07-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Good afternoon everyone, looks like we have several newcomers which is awesome. WELCOME to everyone, its a sunshiny day here in the southern state of Mississippi. I am going get a mani/pedi today to treat myself. I hope everyone has a 100% OP day!

Ishbel
07-30-2011, 03:25 PM
HI ALL!

Im 5'6 and 264

Good luck to you all!

:wel3fc:

sandyh50
07-30-2011, 03:33 PM
WElcome to all the newcomers and congrats on all the Scale victories and nonscale victories!!

Woot,woot, I bought several size 14 capris at garage sales and they ALL fit!!! I was totally excited because I was wearing a size 18 at the beginning of the summer.

I also got to "talk' to my son in Afghanistan on the internet and was glad to do so. He works for a defense contractor in the computer industry, (IT stuff). He was excited because after 3 months he is no longer in a barracks with 200 beds where he slept on the top bunk, but now has his own room with a fridge, tv and shower! He said that is a big deal there!! He puts in 12 hour days 7 days a week as there is nothing else to do.

niknakjack
07-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Congrats to everyone os their weight losses this week and welcome to all the new Ip'ers out there.

Today I used Rhubarb for the first time
2 cups Rhubarb in pan with water and Torani sugar free strawberry syrup
simmer 10minutes till soft
1 Packet IP oatmeal made w/2.5 oz. lukewarm water added cinnamon to it
put cooked rhubarb in a single serve casserole spread oatmeal on top
bake in 350 over till oatmeal is cooked say 10-15 minutes or so
dollop a spoonful of Vanilla IP pudding on top
very yummy, got the idea off the stickys and tweaked it a bit

It turned out Yummy, Just like Rhubarb Cobbler if you will!

niknakjack
07-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I sampled this the other day too it was very good1

1 packet IP Oatmeal mixed w/2.5 oz. lukewarm water
cook in sprayed heated skillet just like a pancake
serve w/WF Maple Syrup

Its tasyes even better that the oatmeal itself!

amaliayosa
07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm starving and its an hour and 1/2 until dinner. Ughh, I am on day 4 and was fine up until now. Suggestions for legal snacks? I usually eat my snack between breakfast and lunch.

brummie
07-30-2011, 04:39 PM
WI 16 for me today and i lost 5lbs!!! still can't believe it! (sorry, can't remember the inches, my coach did tell me...a little distracted, me thinks)
I thought I'd share what i did this week, I've pretty much been eating the same IP food every day for 15 weeks (2 choc shakes & 1 bbq ridges), but I changed it up a bit last week:
I stopped drinking the choc shake mix, and replaced it with the choc rtd
Also changed out my bbq ridges for the sourcream soy nuts.
For dinner I ate chicken, fish or eggs (no beef, pork or lean deli meats)
No pickles or egg whites as extras (that was a tough one!)
No WF salad dressings (just olive oil/salt/pepper on roasted veggies or salads)
Upped my water to 3.5 liters

I hate to say this, but I also did absolutely nothing in the way of exercising. I usually walk the dogs everyday...but this past week I was either too busy or lazy to do it (hence the shame). Don't worry, the dogs get walked 3-4 times a day...just not by me this week!

I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I would share it.

Watkat
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss!!

karenfromtexas
07-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Angell,

If you'll look at the sticky at the top of the page, you will find tons of recipes, helpful hints for newbies, FAQ's and more. I found it very helpful to read when I first started. I go back to it often because people add to it frequently. Good luck!

Karen

Sherwood
07-30-2011, 05:14 PM
HI ALL!

Welcome here! Doesn't matter how much you have to lose - you've made the biggest step - the first one!! Congratulations. As far as carbs go, the cravings dropped off for me dramatically by week 2. By the second month, I could honestly say I didn't miss the potatoes - I missed all the junk I put on them (butter, cheese, bacon bits, onion) and realized I didn't miss rice at all, or the breads. As the former "Queen of Sandwiches" this came as a bit of a surprise, but I can't seeing myself going back to any of it (except on a rare occasion). It's quite amazing what your body gets used to. By the third week I could barely look at a salad, and now I crave them.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-30-2011, 05:24 PM
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

2 NSVS!!

Oh and did i mention ive officially lost 15 pounds!!!!!! Woot Woot!!!Congrats Porty you have come a long way keep it up... we are rooting for you.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!You are doing so well in a stressful situation, keep it up, you get through this you can get through this diet with flying colors.

Enjoyed reading your posts everyone.

Congrats on all the WI and NSV victories! Your stories motivate and encourage me.

Continuing to stay off the scale and makes me a happier camper every day I do!

NSV #1- Went to Victoria's Secret (normally I only shop there for my daughter) and told the dressing assistant I had lost a lot of weight recently and had no idea what size I was. She had me in the dressing room trying on things and out on the floor picking new items in no time and WITHOUT embarrassment! I was on some level dredding the experience, and surprisingly felt really good about. Hey, and the girls look good today!

NSV #2: At the mall, I found myself walking into several stores that I would not have dreamed of walking into 5 months ago - assuming the clerks would be looking at me thinking "this store isn't for you" or "we don't carry your size" and I found clerks approaching me, telling me about thier sales and being extremely friendly. Not sure if it was in my head before, or if just how I felt about myself...

Now, I just need to figure out which are my new favorite stores to shop in, that carry the types of things I like to wear, that are appropriate for my age, and are the quality I am willing to pay for. No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

JoCongrats, you are braver than me, I haven't stepped in a store yet... kind of scared, some day soon I will walk in and try it out.

good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.Welcome, enjoy your journey.

HI ALL!

Im 5'6 and 264

Good luck to you all!Welcome, you will be surprised at how fast you lose weight. I am getting to the end of month 6 and 71 lbs... it comes off without you really knowing until your pants fall off you as your walking.

WI 16 for me today and i lost 5lbs!!! still can't believe it! (sorry, can't remember the inches, my coach did tell me...a little distracted, me thinks)
I thought I'd share what i did this week, I've pretty much been eating the same IP food every day for 15 weeks (2 choc shakes & 1 bbq ridges), but I changed it up a bit last week:

I hate to say this, but I also did absolutely nothing in the way of exercising. I usually walk the dogs everyday...but this past week I was either too busy or lazy to do it (hence the shame). Don't worry, the dogs get walked 3-4 times a day...just not by me this week!

I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I would share it.Brummie that is great, you should be very proud of yourself. Have a great weekend.

LongDiv - you are amazing thank you for sharing with us.

NSV - kind of a weird one but I will take it. I was scheduled to give blood today, and I wasn't able to. The reason, my pulse was too low it has to be at least 50. They took my pressure 4 times after the first 2 I was told to go for a walk and come back in 10 minutes. I came back and the 3rd try, the nurse finally looked at me and said you must be really relaxed..then she said You must exercise a lot to have such a low pulse. I told her I had been dieting and she told me to keep it up as it is working. So I left happy and made another appointment for next saturday... I have been keeping track of my blood pressure, before I started IP my blood pressure was 185/65 today it is 103/53. This diet works so well as long as you stay on track and true to the program and don't put your own twist on it.
I see every day the positive of following the program. It is wonderful, and welcome newbies, this diet has been a renewal of my life. I am proud to tell people how I lost (only when they really want to know) and I do like the comments now... still a little embarrassing but beginning to like it, even when I know that under my clothes there is a lot of loose skin. Have a great weekend.

karenfromtexas
07-30-2011, 05:29 PM

I know the feeling! My 16-year-old and my husband always want my SW cheesecurls and the soy puffs. If I'm feeling generous, I give them a littlel; if not, I don't. Meanwhile, they chow down on all kinds of contraband, like the stuff you mentioned. Then, after all that, they both complain that their clothes are tight, need to lose some weight, etc. Go figure, right?? Have a great weekend!

Karen

fattu
07-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Welcome here! Doesn't matter how much you have to lose - you've made the biggest step - the first one!! Congratulations. As far as carbs go, the cravings dropped off for me dramatically by week 2. By the second month, I could honestly say I didn't miss the potatoes - I missed all the junk I put on them (butter, cheese, bacon bits, onion) and realized I didn't miss rice at all, or the breads. As the former "Queen of Sandwiches" this came as a bit of a surprise, but I can't seeing myself going back to any of it (except on a rare occasion). It's quite amazing what your body gets used to. By the third week I could barely look at a salad, and now I crave them.

I am totally looking forward to not having the cravings anymore...
2weeks? Thats not too bad at all. I gotta stick with it, thats forsure!

Linden
07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Today I used Rhubarb for the first time

Poached rhubarb in the IP jello is great. Some of us used it instead of cranberry sauce last Christmas.

pselias
07-30-2011, 07:11 PM

Jo

I love this!!!! I gave up several of my favorite stores years ago and had fallen into the "these are good enough for me" attitude as well. I actually felt guilty anytime I spent money on myself - because I knew I was buying clothes I didn't really like. I bought them because they fit. I haven't enjoyed shopping for my own clothes in years. So far I've been getting by with old clothes in my basement that fit once again, but I can't wait to go shopping!! I really need to start a fund! :carrot:

gettinmygrooveback
07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm starving and its an hour and 1/2 until dinner. Ughh, I am on day 4 and was fine up until now. Suggestions for legal snacks? I usually eat my snack between breakfast and lunch.

Couple of hard boiled egg whites and a giant glass of water!

gettinmygrooveback
07-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone, looks like we have several newcomers which is awesome. WELCOME to everyone, its a sunshiny day here in the southern state of Mississippi. I am going get a mani/pedi today to treat myself. I hope everyone has a 100% OP day!

Got sprinkled on a little over here today...at least no monsoon! I hope you found a nice pair of sandals to show off that nice pedicure!

wuv2bloved
07-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Got sprinkled on a little over here today...at least no monsoon! I hope you found a nice pair of sandals to show off that nice pedicure!

Its starting to get cloudy here right now so we are probably going to get a shower. Of course on the sandals....haha

grannyto2bear
07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. My DH & I started on IP on May 14, 2011. I have tried many weight loss programs over the years, lost the weight and gained all of it back with extra pounds every time. IP is working good for us and I feel with this program that this time the weight for me is gone for good. My DH has never had a weight problem until this past year, so he has never dieted or watched what he ate, so this is his first weight loss journey. He never could eat breakfast and hated pancakes. Now he is eating breakfast and asking for the crispy cereal pancakes, they are soooo good!!!!
I look forward to logging on here and reading everyone's posts, and am glad I finally signed on.
I finally got my 3 rhubarb plants used up, made many pots of stew and cut some up into pieces and froze it for winter. We have always loved rhubarb stew, now i just make it with splenda instead of sugar, and enjoy it on the vanilla pudding. DH likes the crisp, I use the IP oatmeal pack and mix with some cinnamon and splenda brown sugar, sprinkle over stewed rhubarb in 5" X 10" pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
Way to go everyone on your weight loss and NSV

Determinedat47
07-30-2011, 11:23 PM

I know what you mean! I have all the regular summer munchies available to my husband and three kids- cookies, chips, pop, pasta salads, etc etc etc. And they want all of that plus what I am having. I am like " cut up and roast your own turnip fries"! After you finish your seafood fettuchini!:cool:

sandyh50
07-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I know what you mean! I have all the regular summer munchies available to my husband and three kids- cookies, chips, pop, pasta salads, etc etc etc. And they want all of that plus what I am having. I am like " cut up and roast your own turnip fries"! After you finish your seafood fettuchini!:cool:

i made turnip fries 2 days ago and let DH have a taste. He wanted to know if they were as good as sweet potato fries!

justamom
07-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Wuv-what a beautiful picture! Your smile has enough wattage for a city!!!

ItsAboutTime
07-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Just posted a long comment and I can't see it! I hate when that happens. Long story short, I made it through the funeral. Didn't touch a thing the whole time. Then, when I got home, I cheated for the first time. I know I did it out of hunger and not due to emotions but that doesn't make it right. This is what I ate all day. Do you think I'm going to be sorry?

8:30 Shake with coffee
4:30 1 low fat string cheese
5:00 Protein Bar
6:30 2 tomato slices with mozz cheese (maybe 1oz of cheese total)
7:30 6oz of roasted chicken, 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup sliced tomatoes

The tomatoes were so good. I even asked if they had put sugar on them because they tasted so sweet. They hadn't because they knew I couldn't eat it. My brother thinks it is because of how I've been eating and said, "Wait until you can eat fruit if you think these are sweet." He's super supportive and took me to a health food store while we were running errands the other night. My mom has been great about asking what I can have too. It's better now that more people know and I don't have to keep it all a secret.

So, if you have had cheese at all, I haven't had dairy in almost 5 weeks, tell me what you think the cheese may do to me. I'm super nervous and will weigh tomorrow to see if I've done any damage. So sad I made it through all the sweets and casseroles for 3 days and then did that! I tell people everyday not to cheat and then this! I am super bummed I almost made it 5 whole weeks without a cheat and then I did it twice in 1 day.

gettinmygrooveback
07-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Its starting to get cloudy here right now so we are probably going to get a shower. Of course on the sandals....haha

Love the new pic...Sista!

Travel Gal
07-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Just posted a long comment and I can't see it! I hate when that happens. Long story short, I made it through the funeral. Didn't touch a thing the whole time. Then, when I got home, I cheated for the first time. I know I did it out of hunger and not due to emotions but that doesn't make it right. This is what I ate all day. Do you think I'm going to be sorry?

8:30 Shake with coffee
4:30 1 low fat string cheese
5:00 Protein Bar
6:30 2 tomato slices with mozz cheese (maybe 1oz of cheese total)
7:30 6oz of roasted chicken, 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup sliced tomatoes

The tomatoes were so good. I even asked if they had put sugar on them because they tasted so sweet. They hadn't because they knew I couldn't eat it. My brother thinks it is because of how I've been eating and said, "Wait until you can eat fruit if you think these are sweet." He's super supportive and took me to a health food store while we were running errands the other night. My mom has been great about asking what I can have too. It's better now that more people know and I don't have to keep it all a secret.

So, if you have had cheese at all, I haven't had dairy in almost 5 weeks, tell me what you think the cheese may do to me. I'm super nervous and will weigh tomorrow to see if I've done any damage. So sad I made it through all the sweets and casseroles for 3 days and then did that! I tell people everyday not to cheat and then this! I am super bummed I almost made it 5 whole weeks without a cheat and then I did it twice in 1 day.

Hi!

Cheats happen and it's important not to beat yourself up about them, or you might end up giving up totally. Just accept that it happened and tell yourself you're going to stick to the plan the next day and the next, but don't be too hard on yourself.

I had shredded parmesan cheese on a salad once because I forgot to ask for them to exclude it and by the time the salad arrived I was really hungry. I still lost 5.5 lbs the next weigh in, so I don't entirely think it affected that, but actually my stomach hurt a little the next day because I had all of a sudden eaten food that my body's not used to anymore.

And at least you cheated on something that is generally healthy for you in small doses and not on sweets or fried food!

Keep up the good work!!!

Take care

Determinedat47
07-31-2011, 12:19 AM
ItsAboutTime-
I doubt that the slip will slow you down over the whole picture of a weeks time but.....that being said, there is a lot of sodium in cheese and so unless you drink a ton of extra water, you may hold on to some temporary water weight.

Sherwood
07-31-2011, 12:38 AM

Considering all you've been through - you could have eaten an entire cheesecake!! Congratulations on limiting yourself to the low fat cheese string and a bit of mozza. Dust yourself off and give yourself a pat on the back (and a little kick in the butt so you don't do it again) for not eating an entire cheesecake, or a quarter pounder. You'll be fine! Move forward, knowing this was a one-time slightly off program day
. :hug:

wuv2bloved
07-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Wuv-what a beautiful picture! Your smile has enough wattage for a city!!!

I've been told that my smile is infectious but never enough wattage for a whole city!!...thanks :)

Love the new pic...Sista!

capricious
07-31-2011, 12:56 AM

Very well said Laura. I look forward to maintaining with you!

I love this plan!
Nothing like becoming comfortable with your body since you're in it all the time ;) eh? Good job!!

Ha Ha, my husband came home and said what the heck are those for? Why are there so many? How much did all that cost? LOL! They just don't get it.

So I've already been hard at work using them

I made a Vanilla Pudding and cold Decaf coffee frap used 10oz. decaf coffee for the liquid blended it w/vanilla pudding packet and ice added some Dulce de Leche da vinci syrup it was yummy!

made pudding cakes tonight substituted 1 oz of water for 1 oz. pumpkin pie syrup in vanilla pudding cakes added cinnamon and nutmeg

made lemon pudding cakes substituted 1 oz water for 1 oz strawberry torini syrup

simmered rhubarb w/water and used strawberry syrup for the sweetener simmered right into the water and rhubarb. Its cooling now, tomorrow I will bake it in oven with an IP oatmeal packet made w/water spread it on top and bake, then I'll add a dollop of vanilla pudding that will be my lunch since 2 cups of rhubarb is equal to 2 cups of veggies. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'll keep 'em coming as the days go on!
This post made me salivate... thank you...

wi #4 today...down 2.2 lbs. I cannot WAIT till I'm in the 130s today.
There was a girl in the clinic on the same diet and she was having a tough time so I gave her this website and I hope she comes on here cuz it really was essential to my success. :D
Congrats Scofflaw, keep rockin' the program!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

2 NSVS!!

I sure am losing this first week. 8 pounds gone! That's an encouraging start, but man do I ever feel weak. Especially when I first stand up, and mainly in my legs. I usually enjoy zumba, but honestly could not handle it right now. Is this normal? On day 4 btw.
GOOD FOR YOU!!! You are doing awesome- keep it up!!!!
No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

Jo
This line really resonated with me because I am the exact same way- I bought only cheap crappy clothes and only if they were on sale- and now I think I'm headed towards a shopping addiction :D

I don't know if this info helps, but I thought I would share it.
:bravo: Thanks for sharing your tips- they're excellent and way to go with that huge loss!

justamom
07-31-2011, 01:38 AM
I so understand the clothes issue. I have either a lot of blue or a lot of red and black together. People have commented on how I wear those colours a lot. Don't want to say "That's all they had in the fat lady section that fit and looked good." Good thing I like them but am looking forward to having more choices in the future.

Jasesgirl
07-31-2011, 05:16 AM
I had a HUGE nsv today!!!

I had to make muffins for my boss and her family tonite..and there is nothing harder than standing in a kitchen making cinnamon chocolate raspberry strawberry muffins and not tasting a single thing!! especially on day 6....and it was like ...wow!!! I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!! I didnt even take a lick!! and its soo cool...cause i have never been able to bake or make something without endulging in it myself...but this time..it was all for someone else..and i enjoyed making it!! it felt amazing to feel like there was a sense of control and discipline where-as a big part of my life i suffered from lack of discipline and overall laziness for not being aware of what i put into my body...so..yah.. just thought i would share!!

Jasesgirl
07-31-2011, 05:17 AM
I think my one way of succeeding is to: Keep a straw in your mouth always!..I carry a waterbottle with me everywhere i go and it has a straw..and i am constantly.. drinking chewing and sipping on that straw...and thats how i get down almost 4 litres of water..and i just keep that straw pretty much in my mouth most of the day..and so im too busy to stick anything else in my mouth except when i need to..so just a piece of advice for people feeling like there going to knaw there hand off from temptation and starvation.

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Happy Sunday morning everyone! It's a good day to stay OP! We are expecting a hot day here so my plan is to drink lots of water. I had fish and asparagus last night for supper and might do a repeat of that tonight. The scale seems to go down faster with fish meals.

jordanna
07-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the welcomes. My DH & I started on IP on May 14, 2011. I have tried many weight loss programs over the years, lost the weight and gained all of it back with extra pounds every time. IP is working good for us and I feel with this program that this time the weight for me is gone for good. My DH has never had a weight problem until this past year, so he has never dieted or watched what he ate, so this is his first weight loss journey. He never could eat breakfast and hated pancakes. Now he is eating breakfast and asking for the crispy cereal pancakes, they are soooo good!!!!
I look forward to logging on here and reading everyone's posts, and am glad I finally signed on.
I finally got my 3 rhubarb plants used up, made many pots of stew and cut some up into pieces and froze it for winter. We have always loved rhubarb stew, now i just make it with splenda instead of sugar, and enjoy it on the vanilla pudding. DH likes the crisp, I use the IP oatmeal pack and mix with some cinnamon and splenda brown sugar, sprinkle over stewed rhubarb in 5" X 10" pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
Way to go everyone on your weight loss and NSV

Your recipe sounds great except splenda brown sugar is real brown sugar mixed with splenda...at least that's what it is here in Canada so unfortunately definitely not allowed on program...maybe just try a bit of normal splenda?

jordanna
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Love love love the new picture wuv...you're looking amazing!

grannyto2bear
07-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Your recipe sounds great except splenda brown sugar is real brown sugar mixed with splenda...at least that's what it is here in Canada so unfortunately definitely not allowed on program...maybe just try a bit of normal splenda?

Thanks Jordanna for the splenda info, I will have to check this out as we were told we could use it. I have also just used the oatmeal pack with cinnamon mixed in for the topping, so I will just go back to that way.

jordanna
07-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Jordanna for the splenda info, I will have to check this out as we were told we could use it. I have also just used the oatmeal pack with cinnamon mixed in for the topping, so I will just go back to that way.

Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't used it in a long time...I know that's what it used to be for sure so definitely double check!

JoLoMN
07-31-2011, 11:05 AM
I love this!!!! I gave up several of my favorite stores years ago and had fallen into the "these are good enough for me" attitude as well. I actually felt guilty anytime I spent money on myself - because I knew I was buying clothes I didn't really like. I bought them because they fit. I haven't enjoyed shopping for my own clothes in years. So far I've been getting by with old clothes in my basement that fit once again, but I can't wait to go shopping!! I really need to start a fund! :carrot:

Pselias, IMHO I think you should begin browsing right away! I have IP friends who are beginning Phase 4, who look amazing, and they keep telling me their brain hasn't caught up with their weight loss. They say everyone tells them how great they look but for some reason they cannot see it. I think we have to do things for our mind as we go through this process that help us to bring our brains along - because if you remain OP, this really does go pretty quickly.

So, browse away and begin immediately! It's free! No need to save and hold off the moment. Simply go out and find your future favorite shops. See how their clothes fit you in the size you are currently in. You may learn that your new favorite brands fit you in the same size or a size smaller. You've got this new body, go out there and try it on! We've spent way too much time hiding it in the past.... there's no need to hide it because it's not perfect yet... Have fun with it. And shockingly, shopping can be fun!!! And browsing is FREE.:D

Bellamack
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost august. I started IP on July 1st, I am a little disappointed that I have only lost 11 lbs and have NOT cheated once. I am however, happy those 11 lbs are gone.

Yummy Breakfast this morning ( I miss my Sunday Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte) So, I disovled 1 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a small amount of boiling H2O, let cool and added cold H2O to 8 oz. Put it in the blender with chocolate drink mix, 1 oz Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrup and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!

Someone was snarky at me on one of the other threads yesterday for no reason and I cried it upset me so ( I seem a little emotional on this diet). I am over it today and am my smiley self.

Went to a huge picnic yesterday with every kind of food imaginable, homemade pies, cheesecakes, brownies w/peanut butter icing, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. and just ate my raw veggies and drank my H2O and when I got home at 8PM was starved but had my Big Mac in a Bowl and at 10PM had my pudding. I am doing so well, just hoping for a good loss this week, I've earned it :)

leganegan
07-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Morning all! So I survived a night of sushi and drinks with friends. I had green iced tea, miso soup, sashimi tuna with cucumber, and a asparagus, smelt roe, seaweed with tuna roll.

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost august. I started IP on July 1st, I am a little disappointed that I have only lost 11 lbs and have NOT cheated once. I am however, happy those 11 lbs are gone.

Yummy Breakfast this morning ( I miss my Sunday Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte) So, I disovled 1 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a small amount of boiling H2O, let cool and added cold H2O to 8 oz. Put it in the blender with chocolate drink mix, 1 oz Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrup and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!

Someone was snarky at me on one of the other threads yesterday for no reason and I cried it upset me so ( I seem a little emotional on this diet). I am over it today and am my smiley self.

Went to a huge picnic yesterday with every kind of food imaginable, homemade pies, cheesecakes, brownies w/peanut butter icing, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. and just ate my raw veggies and drank my H2O and when I got home at 8PM was starved but had my Big Mac in a Bowl and at 10PM had my pudding. I am doing so well, just hoping for a good loss this week, I've earned it :)

Hi Bellamack! I am glad you are your smiley self and am sorry that someone was snarky to you. Sometimes message boards are not the best because we can't convey our feelings as well, sarcasm, concern, etc. don't always come through in just words. I guess that is why they have emoticons!

Yes, you deserve a good loss. I am hoping for one also after my gain of 1 pound last Tues.. Check your Torani syrup for carbs, I think I read somewhere that someone didn't like that it wasn't zero carbs. Someone gave me some truvia (like stevia) but it said it had 2 carbs so I don't use it. Also I am thinking of counting all carbs and trying to stay under 30 carbs a day. Have you ever checked out your total carbs on your packets and veggies and tried to have the lower carb ones? just a thought for you. Have a great day and don't get disappointed, try something different, shake things up a little. JMHO!:)

Bellamack
07-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Sandy,

I did check my SF Torani, I only ordered the ones that had Splenda and they only have 1 carb per 1 oz. I am thinking about totalling my carbs, but I will have to be diligent and look up the IP carb-count, as I buy individual packets and the counts are on the boxes, not the packets. I do know the chocolate drink I had today is one of the higher carb counts, I believe someone said 7. I think I will get the chocolate pudding for my drinks next week, as someone said they are only 2. What i honestly don't know is the carbs in the veggies, although last week I ate no restricted veggies at all to try to influence my loss. Maybe I will look them up today, since it is an overcast day.

I am truly keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, because I know how frustrating it can be, esp. when not cheating. Have a great day and lets keep track of each other. :)

Bellamack
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh Yes Jordanna, I checked and our Brown Sugar Splenda (USA) is a blend of both. Good Catch!

ItsAboutTime
07-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Good morning! I was up a little this morning from yesterday but I didn't *TMI alert* go to the bathroom at all so I won't get too worried yet. I'm over the slip up I had and I won't do it again even if it doesn't affect me negatively.

I had another NSV. I pulled out one of my favorite pairs of jeans, one of the 2 that were fitting me at my highest, and my husband said I can't wear them. A belt wouldn't have even made it better because he says it looked like I "filled my pants" because the butt was so saggy. So, I guess it is time I start my on the way out clothes pile. My sister in law who started Monday is bigger than me so maybe in 20 pounds or so she can use them and I won't feel so bad getting rid of them. I have decided I am keeping nothing because it is just a crutch for me to go back to where I was. I can't go back there!

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Sandy,

I did check my SF Torani, I only ordered the ones that had Splenda and they only have 1 carb per 1 oz. I am thinking about totalling my carbs, but I will have to be diligent and look up the IP carb-count, as I buy individual packets and the counts are on the boxes, not the packets. I do know the chocolate drink I had today is one of the higher carb counts, I believe someone said 7. I think I will get the chocolate pudding for my drinks next week, as someone said they are only 2. What i honestly don't know is the carbs in the veggies, although last week I ate no restricted veggies at all to try to influence my loss. Maybe I will look them up today, since it is an overcast day.

I am truly keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, because I know how frustrating it can be, esp. when not cheating. Have a great day and lets keep track of each other. :)

Bellamack,I found all the nutritional info right here on this site at the beginning of my IP journey, it's called Nutrional Fact sheet and you download a pdf. version. of it. Someone else had a stickey of all the scanned info on the boxes too. in the stickeys somewhere. I also found a site online for a list of veggies
http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/low-carb-vegetables.html.

Watkat
07-31-2011, 12:59 PM

Too Funny!!! :D

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Nutritional fact sheet: go down to Jordana's 5th post and you will find the pdf file to download. She said some have changed so check the boxes at your clinic. I buy mine individually but I get nosey and look at the labels on the boxes.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194760-ip-food-altnerative-ideas-tips.html

jordanna
07-31-2011, 01:18 PM
For my Canadian peeps in need of clothes (because this diet kicks butt!), old Navy has a great "stock up sale" online and today only you get an additional 25% off your order including all sale items! Polo shirts for like 7.00 is almost as cheap as a second hand store.

And shipping is free :)

ItsAboutTime
07-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Well, I had a little "friend" visit me this morning. THAT could also be the reason my weight was up a little this morning. I will be on my game the rest of the week so I have at least some sort of a loss. The weekend is when I normally drop the most and then I stay the same or drop slowly until weigh in and that didn't happen this weekend so I wondered if TOM would soon show. Super surprised I was able to stay away from all of those homemade brownies, cookies, and bars the past few days and now I know I have the will power to make it to goal through ANYTHING!

wuv2bloved
07-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Love love love the new picture wuv...you're looking amazing!

Thanks Jordanna
Hello Everyone,

I agree with Sandy, sometimes people come across snarky but don't really mean it. Don't get discouraged YOU will GET this!

capricious
07-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Good morning and happy Sunday to all! I am wearing my new favorite outfit today and my husband who hadn't seen it on me yet nearly attacked me when he did ;). It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror- I'm sure that would do a world of good for the mindset :D We just lose so quickly on this diet and it isn't exercise friendly so... the very moment I start eating carbs again I will be in the gym on the weight machines. A part of me is incredibly excited for this moment because when I was going to the gym on a regular basis this past winter (prior to being on IP) I was always the biggest one in the room, and would receive the surreptitious looks of what are yooouuuu doing here? or you can try BUT... SO SO looking forward to not being on the receiving end of those anymore- and to not being the biggest one in the room. It was great to challenge myself with fitness classes prior to starting this journey because it taught me that I CAN keep going even when I'm hurting I CAN do it! and that has lasted with me to this point... It is a mantra I highly recommend when you feel like everything around you is begging you to eat it and everyone around is you is saying 'it's only one bite/ one piece why not?'.... I CAN do it- I CAN stick with my program, this is only one moment and it will get better after this... I lived for the end of the class while I was enduring it but I was always there the next time... Here's to going back with the body IP made :)

Linden
07-31-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/low-carb-vegetables.html.

I just spent about an hour browsing through this website (just scratched the surface) but I think it's really good and totally complementary to the IP program. Thanks a lot for posting it.

Sherwood
07-31-2011, 03:53 PM
For my Canadian peeps in need of clothes (because this diet kicks butt!), old Navy has a great "stock up sale" online and today only you get an additional 25% off your order including all sale items! Polo shirts for like 7.00 is almost as cheap as a second hand store.

And shipping is free :)

Thanks for sharing this - I'm going to shop now :)

Bellamack
07-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Sandy,
Thank you so much!

gettinmygrooveback
07-31-2011, 04:14 PM
It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror-

I can understand that! I saw myself in the mirror during my yoga class yesterday AM. An "Oh WOW" just came floating out of my mouth. Yes...everyone looked over at me. I was sitting in hero pose (bent knees sitting back on my feet) when I saw the thinner thighs, abs, chest and face. For a moment, I really did not recognize myself. I felt tears in the back of my eyes and sat there frozen for a few moments. Needless the say, class moved on and I had to catch up. But, oh my, what a life affirming moment that was for me. But yet today, I can easily find myself being so critical of my steadly shrinking tummy roll. We are our own worst enemies, aren't we? Enjoy new new figure.....you worked hard for it!

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I just spent about an hour browsing through this website (just scratched the surface) but I think it's really good and totally complementary to the IP program. Thanks a lot for posting it.

Sandy,
Thank you so much!

You're welcome ladies! That's what support forums are all about, to SUPPORT each other! :hug:

brummie
07-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Good morning and happy Sunday to all! I am wearing my new favorite outfit today and my husband who hadn't seen it on me yet nearly attacked me when he did ;). It is true that I'm still waiting for my mind to 'catch up' with my body- even though in wearing a size 4 I know that I'm small I still see the same me in the mirror which can sometimes be disheartening... I wish I could carry a cardboard cutout of the 'old' me and put it next to me when I'm standing in front of a mirror- I'm sure that would do a world of good for the mindset :D We just lose so quickly on this diet and it isn't exercise friendly so... the very moment I start eating carbs again I will be in the gym on the weight machines. A part of me is incredibly excited for this moment because when I was going to the gym on a regular basis this past winter (prior to being on IP) I was always the biggest one in the room, and would receive the surreptitious looks of what are yooouuuu doing here? or you can try BUT... SO SO looking forward to not being on the receiving end of those anymore- and to not being the biggest one in the room. It was great to challenge myself with fitness classes prior to starting this journey because it taught me that I CAN keep going even when I'm hurting I CAN do it! and that has lasted with me to this point... It is a mantra I highly recommend when you feel like everything around you is begging you to eat it and everyone around is you is saying 'it's only one bite/ one piece why not?'.... I CAN do it- I CAN stick with my program, this is only one moment and it will get better after this... I lived for the end of the class while I was enduring it but I was always there the next time... Here's to going back with the body IP made :)

You look absolutely amazing! Beautiful! Just imagine how elated you will feel when your brain catches up with the rest of you!!!
I completely understand what you are going through, this is the smallest I can ever remember being! I love to see the 'standing' me, but as soon as I sit down, my belly rolls itself out and my thighs do the spread and i almost let myself forget how far I have come. Ahhh the mind is beautifully strange thing! I have a picture of the 'old' me taped to my bedroom mirror....it makes me happy to see the comparison when I get dressed in the morning...it (usually) puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 04:48 PM
You look absolutely amazing! Beautiful! Just imagine how elated you will feel when your brain catches up with the rest of you!!!
I completely understand what you are going through, this is the smallest I can ever remember being! I love to see the 'standing' me, but as soon as I sit down, my belly rolls itself out and my thighs do the spread and i almost let myself forget how far I have come. Ahhh the mind is beautifully strange thing! I have a picture of the 'old' me taped to my bedroom mirror....it makes me happy to see the comparison when I get dressed in the morning...it (usually) puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day!

I leaned on a shelf and took a pic of my feet on my digital scale saying I weighed 140.8 and then I found a skinny pic of me when I lost over a hundred pounds on WW 10 years ago taped both to the fridge. It inspires me to keep losing. Since my osteoarthritis in my knees I find IP to be a good fit for me since I have trouble exercising.

wuv2bloved
07-31-2011, 05:13 PM
I leaned on a shelf and took a pic of my feet on my digital scale saying I weighed 140.8 and then I found a skinny pic of me when I lost over a hundred pounds on WW 10 years ago taped both to the fridge. It inspires me to keep losing. Since my osteoarthritis in my knees I find IP to be a good fit for me since I have trouble exercising.

Sandy, I have to tell you, my mom asked about you today. She too did not recognized you. I told her what you had on and she said you look totally different from your original picture on here!!. Just thought you should know, we were talking about you....haha

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Sandy, I have to tell you, my mom asked about you today. She too did not recognized you. I told her what you had on and she said you look totally different from your original picture on here!!. Just thought you should know, we were talking about you....haha

Oh I love it!! LOL I tried to keep my original picture up but I couldn't do it, I think I did something wrong. Tell mom "hi"!

jennydoodle
07-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Well tomorrow marks my 2 month IP anniversary. I can't believe it has been 2 months already and how much weight I have lost. Wed. is my WI day, so I won't know until then what my official pounds lost will be.

I do have to say that the weekends seem to finally be getting a little bit easier to manage. I think I am finally breaking my old habits and it is getting easier to be around food that I am not eating and making the right choices to stay OP.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well and all of the SV & NSV's going on!

calee
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM

OMG, I LOVE this idea. I think I'm going to do a little "leaning" as well. How great is that for visualizing yourself at that weight. Brilliant!

I can really relate about how everyone feels about their bodies. I still have a difficult time putting a 1 instead of a 2 in front of my weight. I haven't been my current weight since around 1975 which is a very long time to have lived in a fat suit. It's funny because sometimes I look at my thighs in my size 10 jeans and revel at how fat they still are. I think I did a lot of looking at myself from the neck up for many years. When I look back at pictures from January 2010 I'm horrified at how I looked. Today my job is to make peace with what I see reflected back at me.

Now about that loose skin.............

grannyto2bear
07-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't used it in a long time...I know that's what it used to be for sure so definitely double check!
Jordanna you are right it is 1/2 splenda & 1/2 brown sugar with 2 grams sugar in 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks so much for pointing this out to me, i usually check things over good for this, but when it was splenda just took it for granted it was okay to use. I will definitely quit using it. Thanks for all the good recipe ideas you share with us, I was running short of chocolate drink mix the day you shared the vanilla pudding with it 1/2 and 1/2.

Porthardygurl
07-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Wwoooohooooo...

I lost 2 pounds today..boo yah..bringing the total to 17 pounds lost!!! in about 3 weeks..

Had an nsv too..someone finally noticed that i had been losing weight!

I just feel so happy! im finally seeing it work..and i mean..really work..and to top it off..its day 7 of being 100% OP and i find that im not hungry really anymore and im not craving anything.. i love feeling more in control of my body...

whirlybird68
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM

Capricious, If i am correct it looks like you started in May. Have you really lost 40 plus pounds in less than 3 months?
What were your favorite veggies or recipes? Have you not exercised at all?

Thanks for answering.

sandyh50
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Wwoooohooooo...

I lost 2 pounds today..boo yah..bringing the total to 17 pounds lost!!! in about 3 weeks..

I just feel so happy! im finally seeing it work..and i mean..really work..and to top it off..its day 7 of being 100% OP and i find that im not hungry really anymore and im not craving anything.. i love feeling more in control of my body...

GREAT JOB! I like the fact that my cravings are gone!

whirlybird68
07-31-2011, 07:07 PM

You and I have the same weight goals almost. You joined in April? Is that when you started IP? Have you cheated at all, i see you are consistenly losing. Do you exercise any?

calee
07-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Wwoooohooooo...

17 pounds in three weeks is incredible!! When, if ever, did the pounds come off like this? You should be so proud of yourself!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Wwoooohooooo...

I just feel so happy! im finally seeing it work..and i mean..really work..and to top it off..its day 7 of being 100% OP and i find that im not hungry really anymore and im not craving anything.. i love feeling more in control of my body...Porty I am glad you stuck with it, this is what I was trying to tell you a while back, this feels way better than the 2 minutes of a cheat will ever feel. You are on your way and I am glad you have hanged on. It is worth all the sacrafics you have made and I wish you continued good luck. :hug:

Porthardygurl
08-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Porty I am glad you stuck with it, this is what I was trying to tell you a while back, this feels way better than the 2 minutes of a cheat will ever feel. You are on your way and I am glad you have hanged on. It is worth all the sacrafics you have made and I wish you continued good luck. :hug:

Thanks 2Ride..

I knew i could do it..and maybe thats the difference this time..maybe its because i know i can..that i find it easier just to keep going...Maybe thats the key..we need to believe in ourselves..or believe before we see..i guess thats what faith is..

So here is to(raises water glass) Faith in ourselves! To BELIEVE we CAN!

Porthardygurl
08-01-2011, 04:03 AM
I had another cool NSV tonight..I got through a night of watching my fiancee and friend eating pizza in front of me..and i stuck with my packet..didnt taste there pizza once..it felt so good to be able to sit back and relax and not worry about feeling plagued by cravings

I also find it fascinating that i have my TOM and yet..im not bloated..the scale for the first time ever..didnt go up this morning AND..im not craving chocolate at all..in fact..my skin is clearer that it has ever been and im not nearly as bloated as i used to be and my cramps are actually do-able this time round..i dont have to take anything for them!!

Wow! what a difference a change in the diet makes!!