Ideal Protein Diet - 20 pounds (or less) to lose??

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 20 pounds (or less) to lose??

coliep
07-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Did you start IP with 20 pounds or less to lose? I think that a support thread for those in this circumstance might be helpful . . . I am curious to compare progress / losses / challenges etc. I don't expect to have the big losses I have seen many have because we are starting in different places and rather than feel inferior by comparison, I'd love to have a group of like people.

I started at 155 and weighed in at 146 today (3 weeks). I lost 6, 1.8 and 1.2 pounds, not huge, but my BMI dropped to 22.9 and I am aiming to get to 20-21 if I can within a short period of time.

Anybody else out there?

calee
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi colip,

I think this thread is great and I'll participate. I'm weighing in at home and at WW.

I started IP on Monday at 155 and would love love love to get into the 130's. I haven't been there since 1975 so I'm not sure if that's possible or not. A normal BMI for me is 146 so that's my first goal. Then from there I'd like to keep going if possible. I'd like to get to the middle of my healthy range and finally feel like I did it!

I'm using alternative products as I don't want to go to a clinic/center. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of this journey and want to do it with the support of this forum.

Your first week @ 6 pounds was terrific given that you don't have much to shed. I hope I can come close to that!

Babyblues4
07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I started IP at 158, my goal weight is 130lbs I'm currently at 140. Although, I'm taking a break from IP to enjoy our vacation next week. I started back in May and I really just want to enjoy a week at the cottage with my husband and kids and not worry about every thing I put in mouth. I want to enjoy smores with them and all the other yummy cottage food (wine :carrot:) So, I'll be back OP starting Aug 8. Then I'm full blown OP till I lose that last 10lbs! and who knows, I might just keep going! ;)

I forgot to add - Calee I am also using alternatives and have had great success on them!
Karen

coliep
07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Hmmmm....wine. Oh how I miss it! I know many would disagree with the take a break approach, but I believe that is what keeps us going. Great job so far and welcome!

Calee - great to see you here, I am sure youw ill have a great first week weigh in!! I would love to get to 130, but I am aiming for 135 for now!

Babyblues4
07-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Hmmmm....wine. Oh how I miss it! I know many would disagree with the take a break approach, but I believe that is what keeps us going. Great job so far and welcome!

Calee - great to see you here, I am sure youw ill have a great first week weigh in!! I would love to get to 130, but I am aiming for 135 for now!

I know many don't agree with it... but it is what is right for me. I'm at a great weight right now one that I could live with even though it's not goal, so having a break and endulging in the forbidden foods will be a nice change. Besides my kids LOVE making smores for my husband and I by the campfire.

Looking forward to losing the last 10lbs with you ladies :D

calee
07-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Karen, have a great time on vacation and when you get back we expect to see you back here in OP mode. :) Good to read that you're using alternatives and having success. Would you share what your favorites are and where you order from?

Coliep, you're 3" taller than me so I have to lose more. I'm 60 so it's not an easy task but I try to stay really active and be mindful of what I'm eating.

Aacks
07-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I started at 143 and now 123. Lost 20 pounds in less than 3 months. Didn't do phase 3 or 4. Just doing high protien diet with low carbs.

coliep
07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Aacks - what was your average weekly loss? I have had some slip ups (aka cheats) and I am wondering how much they have derailed me or if I am actually kinda on target considering my current weight . . .

Skurzy
07-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey! This is right up my alley as well. Im looking at loosing around 20-15 lbs. I started at 133, and want to get to 110, but would be happy at maintaining 115. I started IP July 3rd, at so far have lost 12.4 lbs and 13 inches. In the last month i had 2 "go all out" cheat days in a row. that week I also didn't loose a pound. looking forward to hearing from yuo all.

PS tonight I made crispy cereal pancakes with IP maple syrup.. HOLY COW... was it ever delish.. add cinnimon, and it really does taste like a pancake.. not as moist but you definately get the carbby feeling. My new fav, better than IP pudding cakes.

niknakjack
07-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Hello, I started July 4th at 135.6lbs. I want to get back down to 120lbs.
week 1, -4.4, week 2, -1.6, week 3, -1.6
definatly slower that the last time I did IP 2 years ago, but I had more weight to loose then.

calee
07-29-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm just finishing day 4. Reading about all of your success on IP, I'm so inspired. I was afraid that starting at a lower weight, it might be very slow going, but in reading your numbers.... I was wrong!!

Simply delightful! :)

Babyblues4
07-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Karen, have a great time on vacation and when you get back we expect to see you back here in OP mode. :) Good to read that you're using alternatives and having success. Would you share what your favorites are and where you order from?

Coliep, you're 3" taller than me so I have to lose more. I'm 60 so it's not an easy task but I try to stay really active and be mindful of what I'm eating.

Calee, I order from Nashura nutrition. My favourite are the caramel crunch and the peanut butter bars. Health Smart maple and brown sugar is an unrestricted pack because the carb is really low.!!! I also really like the bacon and cheese omelet.

I'll be back full force OP after my vacation. Once I hit goal dh is buying me a charm for my Pandora bracelet!! Plus I have about $150 is gift cards waiting to be used on new clothes and I've refused to buy new ones until I reach goal!
karen

amaliayosa
07-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Count me in! I have 20 lbs to lose. I am 5'8 and my goal is 155. At 175 now, started IP Tuesday and am down 7 pounds (snuck a peak at the scale lol)

coliep
07-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Yay, welcome everyone! This is GREAT! I, too, was concerned my losses would be slower and not justify the expense but I am happy with my averages so far and love seeing those of you with similar successes as well. I have had a few cheats days, a few with just a tbsp of peanut butter so I am not worried about that but 2 days where I let that lead to more food. I believe it has slowed my loss, so I am trying right now for a 100% OP week 4! I would like to see if I can break below 143 this week. It is a sticking point for me!

Everybody have a weekend strategy? Mine is not to go out much ;-)

coliep
07-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Visions of Thin Me dancing in my head . . .

Envisioning myself hitting my first goal of 135 and then successfully (and quickly) hitting 130. Effortlessly. All before I turn 38. This is a nice (day)dream!!!

As I get down to the last few pounds, I am noticing lots of things about my post-baby shape that I don't like. While I hope that the IP fat loss will help eliminate the excess on thighs/hips/belly, I feel that I should be toning as well. I have been doing some classes (zumba, body sculpt), am getting my bike fixed, and starting to run again. Anybody else have tips for toning so we look good as we drop the weight?

AuburnKate
07-29-2011, 09:50 AM
For those with 20 pds-ish to lose, do you lose weight slower than average because you have less to lose??

I was around 159/159 when I started and I want to be somewhere in the
130s ....not sure where I will feel healthy at yet but somewhere around there... I am expecting that i will lose only 1-2 pds a week (because of PCOS and only have 20-25 pds to lose)

calee
07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Calee, I order from Nashura nutrition. My favourite are the caramel crunch and the peanut butter bars. Health Smart maple and brown sugar is an unrestricted pack because the carb is really low.!!! I also really like the bacon and cheese omelet.

karen

Thanks for those suggestions Karen. It's funny but the two bars that I have from Nashua are peanut butter and caramel crunch! I will look at the ingredients of the maple and brown sugar. So do you like those omelets better than just cracking an egg and cooking it up? I still like the idea of real foods when I can.

calee
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Count me in! I have 20 lbs to lose. I am 5'8 and my goal is 155. At 175 now, started IP Tuesday and am down 7 pounds (snuck a peak at the scale lol)

WOW, that's awesome!! I started on Monday at 155 and this morning I was just under 152. I thought that was fantastic and I'll still think that, but I want YOUR SEVEN! I bet you're using IP products and I'm using alternative so that might make a big difference for me. Were you eating low carb before you started?

calee
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Visions of Thin Me dancing in my head . . .

Envisioning myself hitting my first goal of 135 and then successfully (and quickly) hitting 130. Effortlessly. All before I turn 38. This is a nice (day)dream!!!

As I get down to the last few pounds, I am noticing lots of things about my post-baby shape that I don't like. While I hope that the IP fat loss will help eliminate the excess on thighs/hips/belly, I feel that I should be toning as well. I have been doing some classes (zumba, body sculpt), am getting my bike fixed, and starting to run again. Anybody else have tips for toning so we look good as we drop the weight?

Coliep, you can so do this!! Dance around with those babies in your arms and I bet the weight comes off even faster. :)

My problem areas are my hips/flank steaks and saddlebags. I've lost a lot of weight and those areas are still the most resistent. I've been going to Pilates since January and I walk a lot. I have a full gym in the building but have yet to really motivate myself to lift weights. I know that would really help me.

calee
07-29-2011, 11:03 AM
For those with 20 pds-ish to lose, do you lose weight slower than average because you have less to lose??

I was around 159/159 when I started and I want to be somewhere in the
130s ....not sure where I will feel healthy at yet but somewhere around there... I am expecting that i will lose only 1-2 pds a week (because of PCOS and only have 20-25 pds to lose)

You may lose faster than that. Visualize MORE MORE MORE!

I'm 60 with a very wacked out metabolism, thyroid meds that don't seem to do anything and I'm at the end of my weight journey and just started IP Alternative this week. I was hoping for 1-2 a week, just like you. Today is Day 5 and this morning I'm down 3 pounds from where I started on Monday. I keep visualizing the weight coming off so now i'm going to think big numbers instead of small loses because maybe that will help my body/mind match up. :)

Welcome to the thread.

coliep
07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I am preparing myself only to lose about 2 pounds per week as well. I would rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed!! That said, I not-so-secretly hope for bigger numbers. You know, a 4 pound drop would be amazingggggggg. I don't just visualize the numbers, but I picture myself wearing certain outfits or items of clothing that I haven't been able to in a while. That helps too!

coliep
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh, and I am totally there on the hips, flank steaks, saddlebags and love handles. THat is where my fat deposits are. My arms are relatively toned. My calves are ok. But man, from the rib cage to the knees is pretty flabby. I tried on a 1 piece racing suit yesterday (I want to start swimming laps). The bulges from the bottom of the suit were horrendous. Its so mushy back there that the tight elastic just makes it mush out!

amaliayosa
07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I think a lot of the initial loss was water loss. I had been traveling off and on for 3 months and eating out a lot. Lots of salty foods. Yes I am using the IP foods too. Also drinking about a gallon of water a day.

coliep
07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes, the first couple weeks are primarily water loss . . . but it nevertheless feels good to see those numbers come down!

ExPiglet2
07-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi every one, I started IP on july 20, started at 154.5, first weigh in today now at 148, goal is 136.
It was definitely rough the first few days but I keep telling myself it will only be this restrictive for a short period of time

Good luck to every one!!

francess
07-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi! :)

I started IP at 131 and would like to back down to 115 but my adviser refused cause she thinks it was too much, then we put the goal to 120. I reached it in 5 weeks: -4.5 first week, -3 the second, -2 on the third, -1.4 the fourth and -3 the fifth week for finally be down at 118. We skipped the Phase 2 and go to the Phase 3. After the first week on Phase 3, I still have lose a few grams. Just one week to go after the real change; change my regular alimentation/alcohol and try to move often! :)

calee
07-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Francess, you shed your weight so quickly. How motivating it is to read that.

ExPiglet, you've been off to a great start!

Coliep, I totally get it about not wanting to be disappointed by the numbers. I feel the same way, but I'm still going to visualize 3-4 pounds. Then if I shed 2 I'll still be really happy because my weight has been stalled for months now.

As far as bathing suits, my changes are so big that even with ugly loose skin, I'm still willing to put on a suit and get into the pool. I'm just so grateful to be able to move more easily.

What are you all doing for exercise? I've read to hold off on exercise until after the first week or two but that didn't feel right to me. I held back on Monday and Tuesday and only walked 1 mile each day. Wednesday and Friday I walked 3.5 miles and Thursday went to Pilates class. I'll do the 3.5 miles again in the morning. I find that exercise helps me and moving makes me want to eat right.

I love this thread... thanks coliep!

coliep
07-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh, I agree...I put on a suit too (just one with a skirt!). it's just the one piece lap suit was pretty horrific.

I really struggled with the no exercise but was determined to follow protocol until I felt I would explode. For me, that meant doing about 2 classes per week and trying to get a walk in on other days. Some days I felt better than others. I just started my 4th week, and I still struggle with energy. That said, I have cheated several times in the past week so I am not sure where I fall in the program -- maybe more like the first week? Anyway, point being I say do what you are comfortable with and drink and extra shake/drink if you exercise. It is such a low calorie diet that we don't have 500 cals to blow on the elliptical. I believe your body will tell you. For me, I fizzle out towards the end of my classes. I can run the first 1 - 2 miles, but have to walk back. I can do lower weight and reps with weights. I don't push myself, but I do what I need to feel that I am taking care of my body and my mind.

I have read that you can introduce light exercise after the first 3 weeks. You can search the threads, there are several with information and others' experiences. I feel nasty not getting any exercise, so I kinda do my own thing!

Tonight I did a 40 min walk/run. I never felt a nice endorphine release, I never felt truly energetic and I had to walk/run the way back. It isn't the best performance, but I am not trying to deplete calories but rather keep my cardiovascular system going and not lose too much of my fitness.

I found the WF aisle at another store today. Found the chocolate syrup for less than $4 (I paid $10 via amazon) and found the marshmallow. Kinda love the marshmallow. It satisfied my sweet tooth, but I definitely consumed more than I should . . . right off the spoon!

I also bought some chocolate hazelnut decaf tea, sugar free torani caramel (wish they had peanut butter, but they don't), flavored splenda for coffee, and some propel zero for post workouts on really humid days like today. Not thrilled with my growing arsenal of artifical foods, but willing to consume them til I reach my goal and think having various treats like that might keep me on the straight and narrow!

Francessa - great progress. Interesting they think 115 is too low since it falls within the normal range of healthy BMIs generally (maybe you have a lower than average bmi?). Oh, and I am now 1 month alcohol (for me, wine) free. That is absolutely the biggest shift for me in all of this . .. probably would be losing the same weight just by giving that up lol!

Purrfect
07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
When I came to IP I had a bit over 20 pounds to lose, too. I really admire the courage of so many women here trying to let go of 50, 70, 100 or more pounds...they really inspire me to work the plan.

I've had some tiny cheats (an extra bar, some PB) and it may have slowed things but I still lost. One BIG blowout, and that's the week I gained. I am phasing off to take an extended vacation, and when I get back after labor day I intend to go back to Phase 1 and finish the rest of my weight loss.

Exercise? I always have, but I think it gets more and more important getting older. Gravity...it sure has it's effects. With extra weight you get those saggy rolls on the sides of your upper back...now altho the skin isn't still so perky the sag and the rolls are gone.

I would try and make time for it, it will accelerate your losses and make you feel more like staying OP.

SO easy to let an extra 20 pounds turn into an extra 25, then 30, and so on...I have been a yo yo dieter all my life, and this time, THIS TIME, I want to learn! At 51 my body won't and doesn't forgive like when I was younger.

Like this thread!!!:smug::smug:

coliep
07-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Ditto on the wanting to get control of it now, since it is getting harder year after year. I am noticing how my skin and stuff isn't just springing back the way it used to. I think my tummy and a little area on my upper arms is excess skin . . . not entirely sure but think maybe after 3 pregnancies and the up/down of the weight that it just might be that way forever. I almost posted "goodbye boobs" because I think that is what is going now (and not recovering so well. Ohhhhhh gravity, be kind :/).

francess
07-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Francessa - great progress. Interesting they think 115 is too low since it falls within the normal range of healthy BMIs generally (maybe you have a lower than average bmi?). Oh, and I am now 1 month alcohol (for me, wine) free. That is absolutely the biggest shift for me in all of this . .. probably would be losing the same weight just by giving that up lol!

I don't know about my BMI, we didn't count it when I started IP... But I were 108 pounds three years ago... and THAT was too much low. I wanted a flat belly but I need to lose a little bit more to reach it... and train myself a lot.

Congrats for the alcohol! How is it going? I had a drink 6 times a week before IP (I'm not alcholic, cause I don't drink when I'm alone or with my BF but i'm often at restaurants with friends, that means; wine, rhum 'n coke or specialized beers), and i'm not disapointed when there are drinking Sangria in front of me, but when they are eating desserts, I am... It's a new lifestyle for all of us! :)

coliep
07-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Francess - some exercise will help tone things, espeically since you are so close to your ideal weight. The difference between 118 and 115 won't be huge but add in some exercise and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

I am feeling disappointed this morning. I know, I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but I just struggle to push past the 144 mark. Yesterday I was 144 even, and so I was very hopeful to be in 143 range today. Instead, the scale is up at 144.8. I was OP yesterday except for 3 dill pickle spears. I did have some extra salt (hence the pickles and a little in food) because I had some low BP symptoms and a run outside, but I also had a ton of water. My exercise was relatively light, too.

All Last week I waivered between 144.2 and 145 (with one day even dipping to 143.8). Yesterday I was 144 even and so I expected to be lower today and finally push out of that range. I know it doesn't always work that way but I let my hopes get the better of me :/ I know it is still working, so I will be fine, just sayin' . . . . c'mon lower 140's!!!!!!!!!!!

calee
07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Good morning,

Coliep, you'll see a drop when the sodium flushes. Hang in there because you're going to make it.

I just want to say that I can't even freakin believe that I'm posting on a thread for people with 20 or less to lose. I can't believe it! This is such a miracle for me in my life. I've been trying to shed 100 pound forever. In 2009 I was at 249.8 and I'm getting close to my first goal.

This has been a miracle week for me. Stuck in the 150's for months and couldn't budge it. I didn't expect much since I'm using alternative products but I'm thinking that eating 4x instead of 3x a day may be helping me.

Monday morning - 155, today 151.4. I'm praying to drop a little more by Monday morning. My WW is going to be so surprised on Monday night because I told him I'd lose weight this week! :)

Let's make this a fun day. I'm going for a 3.5 mile hike in the woods this morning to celebrate how good I feel. Maybe swimming this afternoon if it gets warm enough.

francess
07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
I am feeling disappointed this morning. I know, I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but I just struggle to push past the 144 mark. Yesterday I was 144 even, and so I was very hopeful to be in 143 range today. Instead, the scale is up at 144.8. I was OP yesterday except for 3 dill pickle spears. I did have some extra salt (hence the pickles and a little in food) because I had some low BP symptoms and a run outside, but I also had a ton of water. My exercise was relatively light, too.

All Last week I waivered between 144.2 and 145 (with one day even dipping to 143.8). Yesterday I was 144 even and so I expected to be lower today and finally push out of that range. I know it doesn't always work that way but I let my hopes get the better of me :/ I know it is still working, so I will be fine, just sayin' . . . . c'mon lower 140's!!!!!!!!!!!

just keep in mind: FOCUS to your goal. Visualized it, like if you already reached it. Feel it all by yourself, from head to toe, feel the joy inside you and how YOU are beautiful. Don't be dissapointed about the 144.8; you maybe juste have drink more water than 2L yesterday or eat more veggies. it could be a lot of things. I often took few grams during the week, specially before sleep or morning, but at the end of the week i'm always losing weight. Just try to don't be dissapointed and enjoy beauties in life, you ALREADY reached your goal in your mind. Think this way and it will be easier to don't be dissapointed :)

coliep
07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone =)

Calee - that IS truly inspiring. It must feel amazing. If i think about it, i have lost almost 75 pounds myself, some of them several times! I gained 75 in my first pregnancy, delivering weighing around 215. I just thought I was invincible while pregnant. I am now 144. I did it all, to 148, by myself with diet and exercise. This diet, which I started post vacation with a few extra (155) has helped me to push beyond that and will help me into the 130s and it will help me reduce my body fat percentage. When I think of that, it is HUGE and I am not lol!! I hope that you do see the loss you seek by Monday!

Not just visualizing. The scale may not be budging, but I put on my white capris, a thin material, and couldn't see my rear end or panty lines through them . . . meaning they are a good fit for the first time in years. I can also see that little crease in my abs (up at my rib cage). Bring out 'dem muscles!

ExPiglet2
07-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Good morning,

Coliep, you'll see a drop when the sodium flushes. Hang in there because you're going to make it.

I just want to say that I can't even freakin believe that I'm posting on a thread for people with 20 or less to lose. I can't believe it! This is such a miracle for me in my life. I've been trying to shed 100 pound forever. In 2009 I was at 249.8 and I'm getting close to my first goal.

This has been a miracle week for me. Stuck in the 150's for months and couldn't budge it. I didn't expect much since I'm using alternative products but I'm thinking that eating 4x instead of 3x a day may be helping me.

Monday morning - 155, today 151.4. I'm praying to drop a little more by Monday morning. My WW is going to be so surprised on Monday night because I told him I'd lose weight this week! :)

Let's make this a fun day. I'm going for a 3.5 mile hike in the woods this morning to celebrate how good I feel. Maybe swimming this afternoon if it gets warm enough.

your weight loss = totally awesome!!!

cinthia
07-31-2011, 01:22 AM
I am using alternative products too. Mostly muscle milk and EAS. What are you using? congrats on your loss!

coliep
07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
I really need to see a loss ladies. I didn't think I would hit a plateau only 1/2 weight through my weight loss. I am not perfect, but my two small cheats (a handful of nuts and a lick of birthday cake) didn't throw me out of ketosis and added a total of maybe 200 calories to my day yesterday. I am fine with the calories and actually prefer it to the 900 cals ... Anyway, the scale is still up and isn't moving. I really thought I would be at 143 or even 142 by now :/

Oh, and I am irritated that I didn't read labels before I bought the Torani syrup. Everyone kept talking about them and suggesting them, so I bought it but it has 1gm of carbs =(

calee
07-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Good morning,
Thanks for the kudos gang.

I was hungry yesterday. Maybe from my 90 minute hike beforebreakfast?

I think I need to space my meals better.

Scale down two ounces. Down 3.8 so far this week. Monday is WI #1

I put in a big order to diet direct last night for packets. $4.95 shipping. Wonderslim yogurt shakes 20% off.

I want to eat closer to IP so that I can get to goal!

Let's make this a great day!

I want to get closer to plan and see another good loss next week as I'm so vl

30toloose
07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd love to join this thread. I have 27lb to go. I just finished week 1 and lost 5lb. I'm now 157 and would like to go down to 130sh.
My first week likely could have been better but I did have a few little slips like 2 choc covered almonds one day, two plain rice cakes another etc.
This week my goal is to go cheat free :(.

calee
07-31-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd love to join this thread. I have 27lb to go. I just finished week 1 and lost 5lb. I'm now 157 and would like to go down to 130sh.
My first week likely could have been better but I did have a few little slips like 2 choc covered almonds one day, two plain rice cakes another etc.
This week my goal is to go cheat free :(.

Hi 30,

Welcome! We're a new group and just getting started. 5 pounds your first week is great. Any tips to share?

coliep
08-01-2011, 08:58 AM
30toloose - I keep having slips. It has been a terrible cycle that I struggle with and seem unable to break free. I do well for 3-4 days and then indulge in something. I am in my 4th week, have been stalled for about a 10 days and will certainly be stalled further since I slipped yesterday and will have to get back into ketosis. While your slips aren't insurmountable, from one who has fallen further and further off the wagon, I suggest you only eat lettuce when you feel you need to eat something else. Don't let it get the best of you because you may feel discouraged (ahem, kinda like me. Not discouraged with IP, because I know it works, but discouraged with myself on IP because I just cannot seem to stay the course). You CAN do it, there are so many on here with amazing success stories and a cheat free week = very rewarding results on the scale and the measuring tape. Good luck in moving forward in the right direction!!!

calee
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Good Morning!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I'm so happy that I'm jumping up and down. I never thought this could/would happen for me as I'm the slowest loser in the land. (60 years old, thyroid meds)

WI #1: -4.6

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Hey. I'm glad to join in this thread. I started at 141 and have only lost 4.6 pounds in 23 days. I was wanting to lose at least 3 pounds a week. Have been 100% totally OP too. :?: I thought it was just because I had less to lose, but I see big first week numbers from everyone else. Hopefully this week will be a bigger drop.

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Good Morning!

Today was my first at-home, WI. I'm so happy that I'm jumping up and down. I never thought this could/would happen for me as I'm the slowest loser in the land. (60 years old, thyroid meds)

WI #1: -4.6

:woohoo: Congrats!

calee
08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Celticgirl, are you drinking a ton of fluids? I started drinking a lot more this week than I have in the past. I think it really helped me.

Hang in there!

coliep
08-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Celtic- are you doing a no restricted first week with only 3 packets? Lots of water, making sure you get your supplements, salt, oil, non-restricted veggies? I think your progress is great, but just wanted to make sure you weren't missing one of the key ingredients and perhaps it could have slowed you more than you like?

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks ladies for the advice. Funny, every time I read over my IP papers I discover something new. I had been eating red/orange peppers every day, then I discovered you could only have those 2x a week. Wow! So out with the red/orange, in with the green peppers.

I've seen mixed reviews on eating broccoli and cauliflower more than 2x/week. I eat that just about every day too. Any thoughts?

That could definitely be slowing my losses!

I want to at least put up my 5 pounds lost ticker!

coliep
08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't show that limitation on the peppers - bell peppers in general is on my regular list. No peppers of any kind on the limited veggie list.

I eat broccoli a lot. I have read there are people who sit around trying to eat the lowest carb veggies (cucumbers and celery I want to say). I don;t. I eat the veggies I like - a lot of broccoli and asparagus. I don't limit them but that doesn't mean I am right, either!

Celticgirl
08-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't show that limitation on the peppers - bell peppers in general is on my regular list. No peppers of any kind on the limited veggie list.

I eat broccoli a lot. I have read there are people who sit around trying to eat the lowest carb veggies (cucumbers and celery I want to say). I don;t. I eat the veggies I like - a lot of broccoli and asparagus. I don't limit them but that doesn't mean I am right, either!

Thanks. Seems to be working out okay for you, so I'll stick with my broccoli and cauliflower.

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks ladies for the advice. Funny, every time I read over my IP papers I discover something new. I had been eating red/orange peppers every day, then I discovered you could only have those 2x a week. Wow! So out with the red/orange, in with the green peppers.

I've seen mixed reviews on eating broccoli and cauliflower more than 2x/week. I eat that just about every day too. Any thoughts?

That could definitely be slowing my losses!

I want to at least put up my 5 pounds lost ticker!

Collie, you may have an old phase one sheet. The new one says to follow phase 1 until you have reached 90% of your weight loss goal (the old one says 80%) I found a new one here on this site in the stickies above all our threads.

coliep
08-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Sandyh - I'm a little confused by your post...did I miss somebody talking about 90% vs. 80%? I read it and just not too sure what it was addressing...

coliep
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Ok. Doing well today - Choc shake for breakfast, Omelet and Romaine Stir fry for lunch with some veggies, Van shake with coffee for snack, buffalo chicken breast with broccoli and romaine. I think I have had over 4 liters of water. I will probably drink a lot more since I am a bit hungry and have some cravings. Might have to head to sleep early, too . . .

My workout today was very draining. I thought after my slip up yesterday that the carbs would fuel my workout but apparently 1 day of carbs doesn't quite cut it. My muscles ached throughout but I finished it. Phew. =)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Sandyh - I'm a little confused by your post...did I miss somebody talking about 90% vs. 80%? I read it and just not too sure what it was addressing...

My first phase one sheet at the top said "continue phase 1 until you reach 80% of your goal"

The updated phase one sheet says "continue phase 2 until you reach 90% of your goal"

That is how I tell whether I am looking at the new phase one sheet or the old! Sorry for the confusion.

sandyh50
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
My first phase one sheet at the top said "continue phase 1 until you reach 80% of your goal"

The updated phase one sheet says "continue phase 2 until you reach 90% of your goal"

That is how I tell whether I am looking at the new phase one sheet or the old! Sorry for the confusion.

I found the pdf.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases-5.html

It's post #73 (look in upper right hand corner for numbers, they are kind of hard to see)

cherbee82
08-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm happy to be part of this group now too - a little less than 20 to go after two weeks on IP.

Celticgirl - my weight loss was really slow for about 5 days - and I realized I was over using tamari even though it was allowed. Is there any seasoning or condiment that you use frequently that might be causing slower weight loss?

On Friday I leave for vacation and will be totally without any IP products for 10 days. I plan to bring protein powder (whey protein isolate) and stick to lower carb during the day, but my evenings will definitely have some carbs (just hopefully small portions). I'll also be drinking. (Boyfriend's sister's wedding - and I'm also in the wedding). Anyone have any tips for trying to keep any weight gain down??

coliep
08-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Cherbee - I am thinking that between my use of tamari and frank's hot sauce that I may be slowed a bit. Just not sure I can give it up =)

I haven't been doing this long enough to know tips, have you checked out the travel thread? I think that straight brown alcohol is your best bet. Otherwise good vodka. Mix with soda (soda water - no cals) and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Or one of the lo carb beers if you are going to have something. Since you know you will drink, I would just eat my protein and veggies, skip all other carbs. Maybe get a walk in the following morning to use some up. Drink lots of water. Those are my best guesses . . . good luck!

cherbee82
08-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Coliep - hoping it doesn't set me back too much - I am just hitting the sweet zone I think ... sigh..... but it's just not worth it to me to be on total diet - I guess I'd rather add another week or two.

And I snuck some tamari in tonight. I can't give it up all the time. :)

sunshine1986
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Reading through this thread and I am right in the mix with less than 20 lbs to go. I am going on vacation for two weeks in two days, so when I bought my IP packages last week, I purchased two weeks worth. Planning to stay OP while I am gone. I have come too far to stop. But I did review with my coach what to do when I get to goal.
She indicated Phase 1 is until you reach 90% of your weight loss, then switch to Phase 2. I am fairly close to Phase 2, which is why we discussed it. That being said, I have noticed this week, my weight loss has changed from lbs to oz. every day and yes I am an every day weigher, it keeps me accountable.

Also, I have been eating red, yellow, orange and green peppers since day 1 without restrictions. I was told it used to be that colored peppers were restricted but this was changed some time ago. My Phase 1 sheet does not show them as restricted.

Good Luck to any newbies.... this is the best diet ever! I am so thankful I found this plan and wish I had known about it a long time ago!

amaliayosa
08-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Calee, how awesome! So happy for you :)

coliep
08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Sunshine - Proud of your plan and your progress!! You and I have similar stats. My initial (first 10 days) of losses were great - I saw pounds drop. Now (last 2 weeks), not so much. Admittedly, I have had some cheats but I even so I have only exceeded a permissible range of caloric intake once so even if I have messed up and not been in ketosis etc. I should still be losing somewhat rapidly given the 900 cal / day protocol. I have gained / lost the same pound for 10 days now. For me, I think this may be a sticking point in my weight. I hope you push through (you are obviously very successful on this diet, so I am sure you will)!

calee
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Thank you Amalia. :)

Good morning everyone!

I'm doing happy dances here becuase I've finally broken past the 150 mark! I'm 100 pounds less of my former self. It's been a very long journey and I'm delighted. My goal has been to lose 100 pounds. It wasn't until IP that I thought I could do more than that.

I eat red peppers almost everyday in my lunch salad. Not a lot but some to color the romaine and cucumbers. I've been eating a lot of cooked green cabbage for dinner. I get the shredded in the bags at Trader Joe's and sautee it up with a little liquid in the fry pan.

I'm using alternative products and want to be honest and say that because I was so far along in my weight loss journey, when I started last Monday I jumped right into Phase II. I split my 8 oz of protein between lunch and dinner and then have 2 packets or bars for the other two meals. I find that it keeps my blood sugar level and keeps me from getting so hungry that I want to eat anything in site.

Now back to my celebration! The first thing that I did was text my son GOAL! so of course he immediately called me. :)

coliep
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
WOW Calee, that is absolutely AMAZING! I am so proud of you! To lose 100 lbs took an incredible commitment and dedication to taking care of yourself. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

calee
08-02-2011, 09:53 AM
WOW Calee, that is absolutely AMAZING! I am so proud of you! To lose 100 lbs took an incredible commitment and dedication to taking care of yourself. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Thank you!! :carrot:

cherbee82
08-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Thank you Amalia. :)

Good morning everyone!

I'm doing happy dances here becuase I've finally broken past the 150 mark! I'm 100 pounds less of my former self. It's been a very long journey and I'm delighted. My goal has been to lose 100 pounds. It wasn't until IP that I thought I could do more than that.

Now back to my celebration! The first thing that I did was text my son GOAL! so of course he immediately called me. :)

Congrats Calee!! That's a tremendous accomplishment. :broc:

jennylauren19
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Everyone! This is my first post but going into my 3rd week on the IP program. I have been a religious follower of this site, but didn't feel I was experienced enough to post until now. This forum has been a huge help to me in my first few weeks! I don't know if I could have done it without reading all of the great stories, tips and tricks found on this site!

I'm only 5'2", and my stats are S/C/G: 132/125/110. I have been OP the entire time with absolutely NO cheats. My loss so far has been W#1 -3.5 and W#2 -3.5. My concern is I've only lost 1" in my waist, but NO WHERE else. Is it normal to be down 7lbs but lose barely any inches?

francess
08-02-2011, 01:12 PM
My concern is I've only lost 1" in my waist, but NO WHERE else. Is it normal to be down 7lbs but lose barely any inches?

The only places where I'd lost on the 2 first weeks were my boobs and my arm... but after 6 weeks I'm able (for the first time in 3 years) to wear my size 24 jeans. It goes slowly but surely! :)

coliep
08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
That's where I lost as well. My boobs are pretty much gone :/ By 24, you mean like the European size 24? That is teeeeeeeny tiny!

coliep
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Jenny, the majority of hte initial weight loss is water weight so I don't think it would be that unusual not to have a ton of inches lost. Also, keep in mind they are not measuring everywhere - calves, other areas of thighs, etc., so you might have lost there. Personally, I haven't shown a ton of inches lost according to their measurements but I put on my size 8 semi-sheer white capris the other day and they fit perfectly, which they didn't before so clearly there were some positive shifts! If you need other reinforcement, perhaps pick something that you try on here / there to assess your changes for yourself!

calee
08-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Congrats Calee!! That's a tremendous accomplishment. :broc:

Thank you cherbee. I've been walking around practically dancing all day!

cherbee82
08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
So important to enjoy and remember the feel good moments because it's so hard when you do everything perfectly and you just retain the water more randomly one day ... You know the weight isn't real - but it feels real! :(

whirlybird68
08-02-2011, 11:49 PM
ticker check

coliep
08-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Yay on the TIcker - 13.2 lbs in 3 weeks is an impressive loss!

I finally saw a little movement today, down to 143.2 - about a pound since my lowest weight but 1.6 since what I've been weighing lately. I had tons and tons and tons of water, so hopefuly I didn't just dehydrate myself and this is some real fat loss. Melting away . . . .

jennylauren19
08-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Jenny, the majority of hte initial weight loss is water weight so I don't think it would be that unusual not to have a ton of inches lost. Also, keep in mind they are not measuring everywhere - calves, other areas of thighs, etc., so you might have lost there. Personally, I haven't shown a ton of inches lost according to their measurements but I put on my size 8 semi-sheer white capris the other day and they fit perfectly, which they didn't before so clearly there were some positive shifts! If you need other reinforcement, perhaps pick something that you try on here / there to assess your changes for yourself!

Thanks for the encouragement coliep! Yes, I have a few pairs of jeans and skirts that I'm using to track my inches lost, along with the measurements. It's been almost 3 weeks now and they still fit exactly the same as before I started. My motivation for starting IP was more to fit into my old clothes rather than lose a specific number of pounds. I have an entire closest full of clothes that I cannot wear! Also, I'm between an hourglass and pear shape, so I do carry most of my weight in my lower body. I guess it only makes sense that this would be the hardest place to lose from.

Oh well, I know I need to be patient, but it's just so difficult! :)

Celticgirl
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the encouragement coliep! Yes, I have a few pairs of jeans and skirts that I'm using to track my inches lost, along with the measurements. It's been almost 3 weeks now and they still fit exactly the same as before I started. My motivation for starting IP was more to fit into my old clothes rather than lose a specific number of pounds. I have an entire closest full of clothes that I cannot wear! Also, I'm between an hourglass and pear shape, so I do carry most of my weight in my lower body. I guess it only makes sense that this would be the hardest place to lose from.

Oh well, I know I need to be patient, but it's just so difficult! :)

I also went "closet" shopping this weekend. Even though the scale hasn't moved my clothes (one particular skirt that I keep gravitating back to) was wearable and even loose. Weird how the body works. Be patient. Your fat is probably just getting ready to do a big flush and things that were snug today may be too loose tomorrow! :)

coliep
08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
My goal is to fit into the clothes in my closet as well. With my pregnancies, the excess weight went predominately to my tummy / hips / thighs. I do think our "fattier" places are the last to lose, so we will have to keep that in mind ams we push through. Perhaps doing some light toning during this will help? Some walking lunges, squats and old fashioned calisthenics might help tighten it all up so we also feel good during the process?!

Oh, and as far as measurements go... They actually showed me gainined an inch in my hips. I don't buy it given that I am wearing clothes I couldn't. Don't forget that there is human error in each measurement - location of tape, how tightly held, etc.

cherbee82
08-03-2011, 09:10 AM
One of my biggest struggles is not living on the scale! While I'm so happy with my progress - some days it just can't come off fast enough. I'm so anxious to be in the 130s again. The lowest I've been in years is 135 - I just want to reach that and get past it. It's also hard because I know I have to create a bit of a deficit because I think I'll gain on my 10 day vacation away from IP. Will be hard to get back and get on without say "well one more day of vacation won't hurt - let's order Chinese or Indian for dinner."

coliep
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Cherbee - don't anticipate it being hard. You may very well surprise yourself and feel a little post-vacation-eating-ick and have a great desire and renewed will power and motivation to start anew and push on to your final goal. That tendency was the old you, this is a new you!

cherbee82
08-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Good point Coliep! I guess we'll see how much damage I did when I get back to the boards 8/15. What a long time away (8/5 - 8/15) ....

Emmy8
08-03-2011, 03:06 PM
I just found this site yesterday and what a game changer it has been for me! I'm so impressed with all the members on this site, all their success in weight loss and their willingness to help others be successful too is so profound and I feel so encouraged!

I have been on IP for 3 weeks now and had my weigh in today. I'm down 6 lbs. and a loss of 10.75 inches. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. and with the help of this site and it's amazing wealth of information I now feel like I can't possibly fail. I had so many questions, all of which have been answered but no doubt more will crop up! I now know where to go to find the answers.

I didn't feel it was right to simply lurk in the shadows, enjoying the benefits of other's hard work and knowledge and not try to contribute, when I could. So here I am and hopefully I can lend a hand too.

Thanks so much.

asheerie
08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Awesome thread. I have lost 17lbs and I about about to start phase 4 which is wonderful and terrifying at the same time. I think one of the biggest challenges for those of us who have 20 or less to lose is how easy it can be to get right back to where we started. All I can do is think positively and know that I know how to stay on track with my weight.
Another thing that is so frustrating to me is that no one seemed to think that I needed to lose any weight. There goes my support system. But I was unhappy with myself, so I had to do something about it.
For everyone just starting their journey:
I know that the weight loss can be slow, but if you stick with it it is SO worth it. I feel beautiful! My boyfriend hasn't seen me since I started the diet, and I will see him in one week.. 17lbs and 14inches later. I will know how worth it this process has been when he sees me for the first time.

Celticgirl
08-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I skipped and whistled all WI#3. My scale and my clothes reflected that my body was responding and changing. However, WI#3 totally deflated me. I gained .2! WTH... I don't get it. Of course her first questions was if I cheated? I was really offended by that. I have been 100%.

I didn't even lose inches according to her tape. I really that its a traveling tape and doesn't measure in the same place each time.

I FEEL the loss. What could it be? I'm really trying not to cry.

ExPiglet2
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I skipped and whistled all WI#3. My scale and my clothes reflected that my body was responding and changing. However, WI#3 totally deflated me. I gained .2! WTH... I don't get it. Of course her first questions was if I cheated? I was really offended by that. I have been 100%.

I didn't even lose inches according to her tape. I really that its a traveling tape and doesn't measure in the same place each time.

I FEEL the loss. What could it be? I'm really trying not to cry.

Hang in there Celticgirl, could just be that you are retaining a little water. You area obviously doing something right if you feel the loss and your clothes are fitting differently. I know we all get so focused on the number on the scale but we have to remind ourselves thats not what its all about.

Keep up the good work :hug:

coliep
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Celtic Girl - I have this happen ALL the time. Not just on IP, but just goes to show what scale slaves we are! (I am). I will feel fab-u-lous . . . unless the scale tells me something different! The tape measure is for the birds as well. Like I said, the only place they really showed me losing was my bicep (really?) and my chest (not my breasts but the measurement under the armpits). Then they showed a gain in my hips, waist measurements all over the board and thighs the same last time. YET, I am wearing a size 8 without a problem. . . and I wasn't before I started. We have to trust ourselves sometimes, and use something to measure your progress like a favorite skirt / shirt or something. Something that reinforces all your positive progress. But, you know what? Go ahead and cry, then go try on the something special. Also, .2 is a few ounces of water you have had to drink before you walked in there. Week 2 I showed only a .6lb loss on their scale, but I had a liter of water and giant breakfast within 30 mintues of getting there. Think about that - that is about 2 1/2 pounds of "weight". So many little variables!

Asheerie - Congrats! How long did it take you to lose the 17lbs? did you exercise during it? How do you feel the diet did in losing the fat . . . i mean like specific areas? I ask because I have extra in certain places (tummy, thighs, hips) that I want to lose and one of the main reasons I chose a ketogenic diet is the fat burning process. I am just curious if it'll come together as I hope in the end!

Emmy - welcome and glad to have you aboard!

So I have been experimenting with my timing and food choices etc. (CLose your eyes 100% IPers). I have been increasing my protein (chicken breast, lean meat etc.) and using lower carb IP packets but more of them. So, I am consuming more than I should have but feeling much better. Today, for example, I had a chocolate shake for breakfast. 2 hours later i had the vanilla pudding made as a shake. Then I did an exercise class. Was hungry when I walked in the door, so I ate a chicken breast that was already cooked while I prepped the kids lunch. Then I had a broccoli and Romaine stir fry when I could finally sit down and eat a bit later. Then, mid afternoon, I had another vanilla pudding made as a shake with cinnamon and 1 tsp of caramel torani syrip. Dinner was about 10 ounces extra lean ground beef as a big mac in a bowl, with kohlrabi, a couple of cherry tomatoes, a pickle, and WF dressing. The extra meat was consumed because I was snacking on it and Kohlrabi while getting the kids meal ready. So, anyway, this totals about 250 extra calories (probably what I burned in the workout anyway). I am sitting here, completely full and satisfied. I increased potassium and salt today due to muscle cramps so that, combined with my perpetual dry mouth, is causing me to drink a ton. I stopped counting at 3 liters. Anyway, fingers crossed this combo will work in my favor and help retain or even build muscle mass while still perpetuating weight loss. Tomorrow will be weigh in #4 . . .

Celticgirl
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the great words Coliep. I cried....I'm over it. I'm not going to let it get me down!

coliep
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Where is everyone?!?!?!?! Did you all already lose your 20 ;-)

cherbee82
08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm busy planning my trip - so dreading/excited to go off 100%OP (though I snuck a few bites of Candy). I've only had 3 1/2 days this week so far, and I'm already down 1.6 - so I feel like I'm in the zone. I'm getting so close to the 130s .... and I just NEED to be in them. But instead I'll be going on a vacation where I'll have to stay in diet mentality as much as humanly possible because I need the bridesmaid dress to still fit at the end of the trip.

At this point, now that I'm in the habit - I just want to power through and be rid of all this fat. How have I lose 10lbs and still have SO much fat on me. Judging by the amount of fat I still have I strongly suspect 125 will not actually be low enough for me - how did I do this to myself??

I'm such a weird mix of so excited, so happy, nervous about my trip, not nervous because I know I can make good choices - it's mainly that I'm on a roll and I don't even want to pause - but I'm sure all of that will be out of my mind during such a happy fun occasion. :)

coliep
08-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Cherbee - I am sure you will do great. You will make good choices and come back ready to finish it off!

I am wondering how in the world anybody is possibly under 30 grams of total carbs. I have been OP today with the slight exception of the chicken breast strips on my lunch salad, which were processed (I was somewhere else), that had 2 grams of carbs. That said, my 3 IP packets and 2 meals total almost 60gm of carbs. Just seems so far off from what I read everybody else has or aims for . . .

On the bright side, I had a lot of muscle showing in my arms tonight while I worked out. I liked it!

calee
08-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Just checking in to say hello. I don't get to read or post while at work so I have to catch up in the evening. Tonight I went straight to Pilates after work. I avoided a big chocolate cake at work so I'm proud of myself. Hungry now and ready to eat OP.

Have a good evening everyone!

coliep
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Happy Friday everyone! It's been pretty quiet on here, everyone doing well?? Instead of a good night's sleep and Zumba this morning, the kids were up 3x then up for good at 6, 2 have tummy troubles, 2 have runny noses, 1 is extra whiney. Think we are just going to stay home and rest up. Fingers crossed I avoid whatever it is that they've got!

calee
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Emmy8;3971656]I have been on IP for 3 weeks now and had my weigh in today. I'm down 6 lbs. and a loss of 10.75 inches. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. and with the help of this site and it's amazing wealth of information I now feel like I can't possibly fail. I had so many questions, all of which have been answered but no doubt more will crop up! I now know where to go to find the answers.

QUOTE]

You've had great results Emmy! This is a great website. I joined, read everything and started doing IP with alternative products.

calee
08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Happy Friday everyone! It's been pretty quiet on here, everyone doing well?? Instead of a good night's sleep and Zumba this morning, the kids were up 3x then up for good at 6, 2 have tummy troubles, 2 have runny noses, 1 is extra whiney. Think we are just going to stay home and rest up. Fingers crossed I avoid whatever it is that they've got!

Coliep, it sounds like you never get any sleep! They say that for weight loss, good sleep is so important. I wonder if that's part of what slows you down a bit?

I haven't read any PB reports lately. Does that mean the jar is still kicked to the curb? :)

coliep
08-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Lol, I do lack sleep a lot but I think that's just how it is with 3 under 4. It's funny, I guess I am losing slowly since people seem to comment about what is "slowing me down" . . . I didn't think my progress was that bad, but I guess I set my expectations too low! PB hasn't been my enemy lately!

DH is planning to bring home Garrett's popcorn, I am hoping to make sure that is not in my mouth. at all. It will be a challenge!

coliep
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Calee - you and I are close in terms of current weight and our goal. I know you just switched to IP, but how are you finding your losses? Are you exceeding 2-3 lbs / week so far?

Emmy8
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Calee,

Thanks so much! I was actually feeling like I wasn't progressing well until I found this site, especially this particular thread. It helps so much to have good comparisons (such as 20 lbs. or less) because you can judge more easily on how you're really doing.

My mantra: This is a marathon, not a sprint!

There are certain guidelines, so many of which I've learned and read on here, that can be followed that help you stay on track, find new ways to get through a difficult day and in general, make you know your goals are truly attainable.

Asheerie,

I know how you feel, when someone tells you that you look just fine and don't need to lose weight, it then puts you in that defensive mode and that never feels good. My Mom, who is a tiny woman but fries EVERYTHING and I do mean everything but doesn't ever gain weight due to colon issues. She lives two doors down too and though she doesn't mean to, she is my biggest saboteur.. LOL

Mom shows up, in my backyard, carrying a covered plate.

Me: Hi Mom, what do you have there?
Mom: Oh, I had bananas that were going to waste. (I'm thinking waist, not waste) So I made banana beignets for you.
Me: Oh gosh, thanks but I really shouldn't!
Mom: Well yes they're fried but they weren't in the oil long! (I'm not kidding, she said that)
Me: Mom, I need to feel the top of your head because I think I see little horns protruding, you are the devil!

This is the same woman that will steam broccoli then put an entire stick of butter on it to melt. Seriously, not kidding here. I adore the woman and she is my best friend so I told her from the start, don't offer me anything! It has been hard for her, she loves to take care of people which means feeding them. Thankfully, she left for Tennessee for a month to visit her sisters. I am taking care of her house and as I walked through last night, I saw the deep fryer sitting quietly on her countertop. It taunts me I know but I'm stronger than it now!

Good Luck everyone...thanks for the warm welcome!

coliep
08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Hmmmm...banana beignets - devilish for sure! You are showing amazing willpower!

Emmy8
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Coliep,

Thanks but I think some of it is due to the fact that she's a few states away! I'm trying hard not to allow too many temptations.

calee
08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Hmmmm...banana beignets - devilish for sure! You are showing amazing willpower!

ummmm. beignets! I went to New Orleans for the first time last October to celebrate my 60th birthday. I just stared at Cafe DuMonde because I knew if I went in there the beignets would be in my mouth. I decided my weight loss journey was too important to screw up for those moments of having a party in my mouth.

Good job resisting your mama's homemade banana beignets. I had to laugh about "just a little fried". Kinda like being "just a little pregnant". :)

Babyblues4
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello Ladies,
Just a quick pop in to say hello and that I'm back from our week long vacation at the cottage. I havent weighed myself yet, so I'm not sure how much I've gained kinda nervous to get on the scale again !! :dizzy:

Anyway, I'm back and ready to lose that last 20lbs of weight.

Sorry, I haven't read over all the posts.... I've got a weeks worth of laundry and crap to do and put away.... I'll read over stuff once I get organized.

Karen

ExPiglet2
08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Hello!!
I had weigh in #2 on Friday, down another 3lbs and it is TOM. I can't wait to get my signature!!!
Stay motivated every one :)

calee
08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Good Morning,

I'm having a tough go of it this week. I had a good loss last week and tomorrow I weigh in again (at home). From peeking at the scale I can see that I've shed less than a pound. I'm not really that surprised as I'd been in the 150's since March. My body took a big leap to the 140's last week and now it's sitting right there, the way it's always done in the past. The good news is that I was right under 150 on Wednesday and didn't have any bounce back this week, which is usually what happens for me. I see a low number, then gain back a few and stay there for several weeks. I'm encouraged at staying below 150 but now I am so anxious to get to 145 as my next goal. I got a big order from Diet Direct yesterday so now I'll be more in tune with what the actual IP products are. I'm not going to dismay and I'm going to look forward to a great weigh-in the following week.

Do we lose slower because we have less to lose? How do you all deal with stalls?

calee
08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello!!
I had weigh in #2 on Friday, down another 3lbs and it is TOM. I can't wait to get my signature!!!
Stay motivated every one :)

Congratulations!! 3 pounds is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself. :carrot:

calee
08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
H

Anyway, I'm back and ready to lose that last 20lbs of weight.

Karen

Welcome back Karen!

coliep
08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Calee - I average just about 2 pounds per week (except 6 the first week) and that includes my almost-weekly cheats. I am curious at the rate everyone else is losing as well. I have really only budgeted about 10 more days on IP products but I am still 8 pounds from goal . . . at this rate I won't get there before I need to stop. I was contemplating alternatives or just changing to less restrictive diet in about a week . . . .

coliep
08-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh, and I do the similar bounce you refer to. I hit a lower weight, then bounce back up a pound or so and stay there for about a week before I see another drop. So maybe 2 days per week I weigh my lowest weight . . .

calee
08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Calee - you and I are close in terms of current weight and our goal. I know you just switched to IP, but how are you finding your losses? Are you exceeding 2-3 lbs / week so far?

Colliep, I'm sorry I didn't see this question before.

My loss has come to a grinding halt this week. WI#1 -4.6 WI#2 -.6

I have to bring my eating closer in line with Phase 1. I think I've actually been in Phase 2 because I split my 8 oz protein between L & D and eat 2 packets or bars. I just got an order from Nashua and will try harder to follow plan this week. I'm just so grateful to be under 150 for the first time in 35 years. Now to get to 145 and normal BMI!

calee
08-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Oh, and I do the similar bounce you refer to. I hit a lower weight, then bounce back up a pound or so and stay there for about a week before I see another drop. So maybe 2 days per week I weigh my lowest weight . . .

I think the bounce is fairly common. Now that I've been uner 150 for a week, I hope to see the scale go down a couple of pounds this week. I'm exercising 4x a week and don't want to stop that. I'd rather lose slower but be firming up as I go. I have a lot of skin that needs attention.

Celticgirl
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Glad to see the same comments as I am having. I yo-yo, stay stagnate, then drop. This should be my drop week (I hope) since last week was a .2 gain.

Happy Monday!

coliep
08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I am really glad to hear that (selfishly). My weight loss is slow and steady but the "regain" after the drop is always discouraging. (I also don't adhere strictly to the protocol (gasp)). I, too, have been exercising since about 1/2 way through and I am much happier doing that but I think my cheats have kept me out of ketosis so I do encounter a fair amount of hunger . . . and so I am in a vicious cycle of hunger / cheat / no ketosis / hunger / cheat etc. In the end, I guess I am paying a lot for some protein shakes and making up my own diet :/

ExPiglet2
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Congratulations!! 3 pounds is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself. :carrot:

Thanks Calee, I was pretty happy considering I felt so BLAH and all I wanted were doritos and gummy bears, lol
Totally worth it, clothes are fitting less snug again :D

coliep
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
3 pounds?!?! Woohoo great job!

Babyblues4
08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm also finding I'm not having the huge weight drops like I did in the begining. My weekly loss is usually around 2lbs. I think as we get closer to goal it's harder for the weight to come off :(

I'm back on plan today. First day in over a week. I found it a bit difficult at times (craving cookies!! :p) but I didn't give into it. Although I did have a bite of peanut butter :o It's TOM here and the cravings are really hitting hard!

I gained 5lbs :dizzy: last week, but I know it will come off by the end of week, especially if I stay 100% OP. The 5lbs was soooo worth enjoying every bit of my vacation!

coliep
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome back! 5 pounds isn't bad at all and I am sure you will see a quick drop now that you're back!

coliep
08-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I seem to think I am on vacation as well :/

calee
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I crashed last night. I had a successful day navigating a tough work situation. I forgot that the hardest time for me is after an event and came home and crashed. I ate 94% fat free popcorn and an apple so I'm back to square one. I think I was so disappointed over losing less than a pound during week 2. I'm not giving up, so I'm right back on it! I have too many work luncheons etc this week. I got through yesterday by having lettuce and a bun-less burger w/sauteed mushrooms for lunch. I should have just had a packet for dinner and I would have been fine. I guess this week I need my protein meal at lunch and stick to plan the rest of the day.

Wish me luck!

coliep
08-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Calee - I feel you. I am struggling as well. I am OP about 5/7 of the week . . . not exactly what is needed for success. The scale is exactly the same this week as it was last (meaning i am back up the 2 pounds i lost for only 2 days). Even with my cheats, my calorie deficit should have me losing 1.5 - 2 pounds per week yet I haven't seen that yet on the scale. All I can figure is that between the cheats and the workouts my glycogen stores / muscle water retention is keeping the scale up. I think, for me, I should use that higher weight as my base since I will have carbs and workout when off IP. It is just disappointing not to see more movement. On the bright side, slow loss = better for our skin's elasticity!

calee
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not giving up colliep! And don't you either. You are at a great weight and you're working out so you're toning. Keep with the IP and when the scale does move, you're going to be ecstatic!

I'm going to keep my carbs very low today to get myself back into ketosis. Most of the packets have a lot of carbs so I'm going to go back to square one of putting myself back into ketosis as quickly as possible using meat protein, then switch to packets. I need to see more than trace ketosis to get out of this hungry stage.

Bride2Be310
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
This thread is perfect for me! I started IP and did my consult on Saturday, weighing 148. Today at home on the scale I came in at 144.5 so I'm super happy that the numbers keep going down. I'm doing IP (100% OP so far) as well as an hour a day 5x a week of bootcamp. I have been asked to modify it so that I don't go too intense. Only 14.5 more to go before my realistic goal for my wedding Sept 24th!! What do you guys think, if I'm OP 100% - is it possible?? I know everyone is different but I'd love to hear your own input based on experience.

Celticgirl
08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
This thread is perfect for me! I started IP and did my consult on Saturday, weighing 148. Today at home on the scale I came in at 144.5 so I'm super happy that the numbers keep going down. I'm doing IP (100% OP so far) as well as an hour a day 5x a week of bootcamp. I have been asked to modify it so that I don't go too intense. Only 14.5 more to go before my realistic goal for my wedding Sept 24th!! What do you guys think, if I'm OP 100% - is it possible?? I know everyone is different but I'd love to hear your own input based on experience.

:welcome: You'll find a lot of great support and ideas here.

Emmy8
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi Bride,

You and I are alike in both weight and amount of weight we want to lose. You had a great first week! My goal date is Sept. 22 but I too want to reach mine earlier, if possible. I'm realizing though that 2lbs. a week is what most people lose which is good I just wish I hadn't been told the whole 3 to 5 lbs. scenario. My SIL took off 14 lbs. in 5 weeks so I thought I would too but that surely hasn't happened.

I don't know your age but for me, that is my biggest issue, ever! When I was younger, taking off 5 lbs. was easy, that just isn't the case anymore. I'm now 48 and my body thinks if it gives up a fat cell, then it'll shut down and die instantly. Of course learning about how our pancreas is overworked, etc., has helped me understand why that is.

I've never had 20 lbs. to lose before so this is new for me. I did a 5 month remodel, over the winter and that is how I surpassed my typical "need to take off 10 lbs." issue. No kitchen means eating out or eating at your Mom's house, aka the frying capital of the world.

I've taken off about 8 lbs. but a lot in inches. This Thursday will have me completing my 5th IP week but I have to go weigh in early this week (today), so who knows what I'll show as a loss, if any. The inches though keep me motivated.

Boot camp sounds tough and again, some people that work out like that really see results. If you're younger and your body responds quicker, you might be able to lose more than 2 lbs. a week. Also, don't get caught up in the scale number too much, your inches are going to fall off and you're going to have amazing muscle tone. You'll be a beautiful bride!

Good Luck!

coliep
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Bride - If you are 100% OP, I bet you can come very close to your number. In my first 4 weeks, I lost just under 12 pounds total. But, as mentioned, you will see big differences in inches / shape which you will find even more significant/important than that number on the scale. You will be a beautiful bride no matter what =)

Calee - Great positive attitude! You mentioned needing to be more than trace on the ketostix. do you know that I don't think I have ever registered or, if I have, it is the lowest of the low (the colors are so freakin' close I scrutinize it and still guess)?!

My biggest changes have come/gone I think. I don't see / feel any differently in the last few weeks. I hope I have something encouraging soon!

I do think I found a trick to help me over my PB addiction. I bought PB2, the powdered defatted peanut butter, and it is lower in carbs, fat, calories, etc. I can add it to my vanilla IP for 45 calories, 3 net carbs, 5 grams of protein and some fiber. I know its off protocol, but way better than tablespoons of regular peanut butter. So far, I am in love =)

Had a great workout today (Zumba). I have already had 3 IP products and its only 12:30 . . .

Babyblues4
08-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Ughh I'm struggling today. Day 2 being back OP and it sucks! I have a headache, no energy and just plain cranky!! I forgot how much the first week sucks! All the kids are napping so I'm going to pop an advil, have more water (and add some salt to it) and chill, hopefully I'll feel a bit better once everyone wakes up.

Bride- I lost 14lbs my first month. If you stay OP it can be done.... and like everyone else has said, don't worry about the numbers on the scale because the inches will fall off. My sister lost 11inches around her waist in 1month!

Coliep - I have a PB addicition as well - Does it taste like real PB?

Bride2Be310
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks so much for all the kind words!!! This has already made me feel much better! I'm determined!!!

I'm 25 and the bootcamp alone when I joined a few years ago was able to tone up my body so I hope that in combination I will be able to look the way I want on the big day.

I have been doing it for only 3 days, the first week weigh in seems so far away hehe

I'm still so awed by all the support you guys provide, I love it here! <:o)

coliep
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Well, it doesn't taste just like real PB, but it is the closest I have ever come using a substitute. It is a gazillion times better than the WF swill - that stuff was disgusting. I also don't love the chemical taste of other things, like the torani syrup so although I haven't had the PB syrup I suspect I will like this better. You add water and you could eat it off a spoon, but I liked mixing it into my vanilla pudding (which I make as a shake). By using the vanilla IP and adding the 2 tsp of PB2, the result is 135 calories, 23 grams protein, 3 grams fiber, 9 carbs . . . similar to the chocolate drink but hits the spot. I am thinking of making 1 vanilla pudding + chocolate drink + pb2 and then splitting into 2 drinks so I get a choco/pb flavor but don't end up with super high carbs/sugar etc. as I would if I just did PB and chocolate. I mean, even if I ate almost the whole jar of PB2 in one day it'd be lower than several TBSP of regular PB!

coliep
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
BabyBlues - then do you need to adjust your stats? It doesn't reflect your weight loss!

inches lost - I haven't had more than 6 total I think, but keep in mind I am not losing bunches of weight. I am trying to target certain fatty areas and those, I understand, are the last to go so my results are far less dramatic than many I guess . . .

Bride2Be310
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Ughh I'm struggling today. Day 2 being back OP and it sucks! I have a headache, no energy and just plain cranky!! I forgot how much the first week sucks! All the kids are napping so I'm going to pop an advil, have more water (and add some salt to it) and chill, hopefully I'll feel a bit better once everyone wakes up.

Bride- I lost 14lbs my first month. If you stay OP it can be done.... and like everyone else has said, don't worry about the numbers on the scale because the inches will fall off. My sister lost 11inches around her waist in 1month!

Coliep - I have a PB addicition as well - Does it taste like real PB?

I am having a few headaches here and there too - I debating taking anything for it. I would say that yesterday was my worst day - feeling like how you feel. Look forward to the next couple of days!

11inches is a lot!! WOW! Kudos to her!:carrot:

Bride2Be310
08-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Bride,

You and I are alike in both weight and amount of weight we want to lose. You had a great first week! My goal date is Sept. 22 but I too want to reach mine earlier, if possible. I'm realizing though that 2lbs. a week is what most people lose which is good I just wish I hadn't been told the whole 3 to 5 lbs. scenario. My SIL took off 14 lbs. in 5 weeks so I thought I would too but that surely hasn't happened.

I don't know your age but for me, that is my biggest issue, ever! When I was younger, taking off 5 lbs. was easy, that just isn't the case anymore. I'm now 48 and my body thinks if it gives up a fat cell, then it'll shut down and die instantly. Of course learning about how our pancreas is overworked, etc., has helped me understand why that is.

I've never had 20 lbs. to lose before so this is new for me. I did a 5 month remodel, over the winter and that is how I surpassed my typical "need to take off 10 lbs." issue. No kitchen means eating out or eating at your Mom's house, aka the frying capital of the world.

I've taken off about 8 lbs. but a lot in inches. This Thursday will have me completing my 5th IP week but I have to go weigh in early this week (today), so who knows what I'll show as a loss, if any. The inches though keep me motivated.

Boot camp sounds tough and again, some people that work out like that really see results. If you're younger and your body responds quicker, you might be able to lose more than 2 lbs. a week. Also, don't get caught up in the scale number too much, your inches are going to fall off and you're going to have amazing muscle tone. You'll be a beautiful bride!

Good Luck!

Hopefully we can go down this path together! Our numbers are quite close! Congrats on your inches lost - I can't wait until my first measurements!

I was told that in the first 10 days it could be 5-7 lbs and then after that is 2-3 so by the time the wedding hits, I hope I'll be close to where I need to be in terms of the way I look anyway :smug:

Babyblues4
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
BabyBlues - then do you need to adjust your stats? It doesn't reflect your weight loss!

inches lost - I haven't had more than 6 total I think, but keep in mind I am not losing bunches of weight. I am trying to target certain fatty areas and those, I understand, are the last to go so my results are far less dramatic than many I guess . . .

Yeah I know, but since I've put 5 lbs on I'm close to that now anyway... So I'll adjust it when I'm past my lowest weight.

Emmy8
08-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Hopefully we can go down this path together! Our numbers are quite close! Congrats on your inches lost - I can't wait until my first measurements!

I was told that in the first 10 days it could be 5-7 lbs and then after that is 2-3 so by the time the wedding hits, I hope I'll be close to where I need to be in terms of the way I look anyway :smug:

Bride,

I agree, we're on the same path and will likely get to the end, at the same time. You might get there sooner, you have youth on your side. For your sake, I hope you do! Having a wedding date as a goal is a beautiful thing!

I just weighed in and dropped 1 lb. but I had to weigh in with only half a week completed, from last WI so at least it is a pound and that was with a Friday night cheat.

My Coach measures every two weeks so my total losses so far are:

8 lbs. / 11 inches

I would love to be one of those 3 lb. per week girls but so far that isn't really happening. Besides, 2 lbs. per week is true weight and that feels good.

Make sure to take your supplements, they'll keep you from getting exhausted, especially considering how hard you're working out too. They really are crucial.

Babyblues4
08-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Goodmorning ladies,
Still OP and feeling a bit better this morning. The past few mornings I haven't had any energy at all - really dragging my feet. Not sure if its the diet, because it's TOM or a combination of the both.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2oz ... I was hoping for more but it's only 2days.

Have a great day ladies!

amaliayosa
08-11-2011, 06:57 AM
13 pounds to go! Can't believe it! I love IP! Bught a pair of size 8 jeans the other day :)

Babyblues4
08-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Looking good amaliayosa Keep up the good work! :carrot:

Day 4 of my restart, I'm down 2lbs - only a few more till I get back to my before vacation weight - hope to reach that by weeks end. The headaches are gone and my energy level is better - starting to get that "feel great" feeling :carrot:

How are the rest of you 20 pounders doing?

Celticgirl
08-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Good Morning. Tomorrow is the big day...GEAUX SAINTS!

It's the first preseason game and I am slated to work from 5:30am to midnight. Amazing the tailgaters here in Nawlins get up before the crack of dawn to start partying.

Quick question....do you think I could do 4 protein packs tomorrow. I know I'll be doing a lot of sweating and standing plus it will be an 18 hour day! :dizzy:

coliep
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Celtic - if you feel you need a 4th, I would!

Baby - great job getting back on track!

Amalia - wow a size 8, that is fabulous! I am just getting comfortably back into mine now! I love the single digits =)

My weight loss is slow, inch loss is slower! I only lost .25 lb this week and no inches. I think my "big" changes are over and the real hard work is before me. I am ready for it, but have stopped the official IP and will do my own low carb version. I think I will order from nashua and try real food but follow the IP phase 2 model until I get down another 5 pounds or so.

ExPiglet2
08-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Hello ladies, 3rd weigh in today, down 3lbs!! So happy and I got my signature finally.
I feel like this is doable after 3 weeks, I even decided to lower my goal weight to 128.
Hope you all have a great weekend OP :)

coliep
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Great job!! I wish I could be 100% OP and see some loss. I was 11.25 lbs in 5 weeks, stopped losing for the most part :/

coliep
08-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Hm. Make that now gaining. Reallly !?!?!

Celticgirl
08-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Okay, I don't get it. I have been OP for 5 weeks. I have lost 5 pounds. I should be at least double that. I don't get what I could be doing wrong or is my body just that resistant? Should I be happy with one pound a week? I'm getting REALLY frustrated, especially when I see ya'lls numbers...I'm glad for ya'll.....but why can't it be me too?:mad:

wuv2bloved
08-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Okay, I don't get it. I have been OP for 5 weeks. I have lost 5 pounds. I should be at least double that. I don't get what I could be doing wrong or is my body just that resistant? Should I be happy with one pound a week? I'm getting REALLY frustrated, especially when I see ya'lls numbers...I'm glad for ya'll.....but why can't it be me too?:mad:

You don't have very much to lose so be happy with the 1lb a week!!! its a LOSS not a GAIN!

coliep
08-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Celtic - I wish I could offer some words, but I don't know. What does your coach think? Have you lost inches? that is more telling than pounds!

Just going over the basics, are you:
- getting your oil?
- using your salt?
- Eating at least 1 salad (in addition to your veggies)?
- Only having 1 restricted max but a total of 3 IP products?
- taking all your supplements?
- increasing your water?
- limiting walden farms, splenda, drink flavorings etc?

Anything non IP you might be forgetting about?

are you exercising - this can impact things
have you tried increasing your protein a few ounces?
have you tried an additional packet, perhaps you need a bit more?
have you had your thyroid checked?

I have not been totally IP, but did well until I started to phase off. I am up 3 pounds and totally discouraged - it actually made me say the heck with it last night and I had my first sort of non-IP major cheat (dark chocolate, pita chips, alcohol) -- not advisable but I felt very discouraged that I hadn't seen any change in a couple of weeks - not inches, not pounds. Anyway, not sure if it was the carbs, PMS or the new hormones they have me on, etc. No matter what, my calories cannot account for an actual gain so I am stumped myself . . .

calee
08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Good Morning,

I've been derailed. That said, I think I did it consciously. I generally shed weight, then regain and I wanted to see if I could continue to maintain and not gain. I'm at my lowest since 1975. This morning I'm back up 1 pound so tomorrow morning I'm back on IP. My goal is to take off 5 pounds and be a normal BMI. Then I'd like to continue. I just plain got lazy with too many business luncheons etc. I'm also exercising 4-5x a week and started weight lifting yesterday in addition to walking 3.5 miles several times a week and pilates. I'll see what happens but at this point I really need to tone. I'm not eating many carbs, but enough that I'll have to get back into ketosis. Wish me luck please!

sunshine1986
08-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Back from vacation, did well the entire time but came home to a house that had been ransacked/ robbed. It was my daughters birthday, and our house which was clean when we left was completely turned inside out. No electronics left to speak of. After a meeting with the police, our insurance agent and a mini pick up of our place it was 8:00 & the stress was higher than ever. My daughter was crying off & on, which added to my stress. What should have been a great return home from a great vacation, sucked! Five hours later, I am trying to make my daughter feel better, ran out and got Grilled KFC and a DQ cake and by 9 pm we sat down to eat and try to celebrate her birthday. So 3 pieces of chicken ( 2 breast & a wing) a small portion of Cole slaw and a vodka/ diet tonic later, my kids were tucked into bed and I awoke to feeling disgusting.... For someone who has been an every day weighed, I do not want to see or step on the scale for several days. I stayed OP for 8 days in Disney and after 6 weeks blow it with extreme stress.... Back OP today, feeling defeated, tired from stress sleeping and returning to work tonight... Sorry just had to vent my feelings..x

coliep
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Wow, very interesting to see how we are all similarly struggling. Back on the wagon together. You know, life happens. We are not perfect. none of us are out eating twinkies and fried chicken buckets. We cannot gain a ton from our actions but we should respect our continuied commitment to ourselves and this process. I ate a hanfdul of whole grain goldfish while waiting for xrays of my hand, with 3 screaming kids. I am not going to beat myself up about it. I did my best. forgive the typing -) We can do this!

Sorry to hear about the burglarly, I had that happen once and it included a 10k uninsured diamond engagement ring :/ definitely feels like you have been violated.

calee
08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Sunshine, I'm so terribly sorry to read about the burglary. Having been a victim several times I really get how violating it feels. I hated when they took the pillowcase off my pillow and stuffed it with things like my mothers engagement ring etc.

I hope that you and your family recover quickly from this emotional trauma. You said you're back on plan today. Bravo for you for not letting this get the best of the hard work you've put into your eating plan!

calee
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Coliep, what's wrong with your hand????

coliep
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I went for a bike ride, kids in trailer, and took a spill =( Beyond the sheer humiliation of it, I hurt my left shoulder and lower abdominal muscle, right neck muscle and right hand. Fortunately, the only serious injury was to my finger (sprain) and everything else is more like whiplash . . . just sore/achy. I feel incredibly fortunate that the kids weren't hurt, the bike wasn't really damaged and I spun out on the grass (rather than the pavement I started on).

My tummy is hurting tonight. Not sure if it is due to last night's carb fest or the new estrogen pills or something else. I wasn't 100% OP yet today, since I got hungry at the doctor and had some crackers and had an extra muscle milk lite when I shouldn't have. net result was around 100 carbs total for the day. I figure I will keep reducing and improving to get back into ketosis. Hopefully can make it to the gym tomorrow too . . .

sunshine1986
08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Reporting back in. So after a great deal of encouraging from my husband to weigh myself rather than continue to beat myself up, I did it. Much to my surprise my weight was exactly the same as my last WI. No gain or loss and guess what? I am totally okay with that. I expected to see a 5 lb weight gain. Realizing that tomorrow will be another thing, tonight I am okay with it all. My kids are at their grandmas, my husband and I finished the insurance inventory list and he emailed it to them. Absolutely no idea how much stuff we had and lost $ wise. As my mom said to me when she picked up my girls, you will get passed this too.
Anyhow, thanks for letting me vent and the support. Onward to my goal, still hoping to be there by Labor Day.

Babyblues4
08-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Sunshine, Sorry to hear about your breakin. I will never understand how people can be so cruel as to invade someone's property and steal from them!!?? You will get through this :)

Ouch Coliep! You just reminded me why my bike is still sitting in the shed unused for .... um I don't even remember the last time I sat on it!! :p

I'm down 4lbs this week not the full 5lbs that I put on from vacation but it's something. I'm hoping for another big loss this week... DH and I are going away for our anniversary the end of Aug and I would LOVE to be in the 130s!

Here is to an OP week!

coliep
08-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Man, my scale is up! I just don't get it. I am up 3.5lbs from my low and up 1.5lb from my high. This is really not what I was going for :/

Bride2Be310
08-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Emmy I read your mom story and had to chuckle because I'm struggling with my mother as well... and I see her EVERYDAY!
She'll do things like offer me food but take it back, almost tauntingly - and she drives me up the wall with her competitiveness.
She's trying to lose weight for the wedding too but she feels that she's not 'overweight' enough to have to succumb to a diet like mine...so she's just cutting out high carbs - and everday I see her she says something along the lines of "oh hey look at me, I lost more weight than you without having to do what you do" but she doesn't realize she's just starving her body so the minute she cracks, she's going to regret it. Moms will be moms....
Just had to share, I think that my mom's horns are fully grown - >;{

Babyblues4
08-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Quick question and sorry that it's TMI :o but, do any of you suffer from loose BMs on IP? I'm finding that since I started IP that I have watery bm's and I'm constantly going (3-4x a day) The week I was off IP while on vacation my bm's went back to normal. Anyone else suffer from this? Sorry, TMI!

calee
08-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I went for a bike ride, kids in trailer, and took a spill =( Beyond the sheer humiliation of it, I hurt my left shoulder and lower abdominal muscle, right neck muscle and right hand. Fortunately, the only serious injury was to my finger (sprain) and everything else is more like whiplash . . . just sore/achy. I feel incredibly fortunate that the kids weren't hurt, the bike wasn't really damaged and I spun out on the grass (rather than the pavement I started on).

My tummy is hurting tonight. Not sure if it is due to last night's carb fest or the new estrogen pills or something else. I wasn't 100% OP yet today, since I got hungry at the doctor and had some crackers and had an extra muscle milk lite when I shouldn't have. net result was around 100 carbs total for the day. I figure I will keep reducing and improving to get back into ketosis. Hopefully can make it to the gym tomorrow too . . .

Coliep, I'm glad you weren't hurt more seriously and that the kids are ok. Please take it easy at the gym until you're feeling better. You don't want to give yourself a set-back!

calee
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Emmy I read your mom story and had to chuckle because I'm struggling with my mother as well... and I see her EVERYDAY!
She'll do things like offer me food but take it back, almost tauntingly - and she drives me up the wall with her competitiveness.
She's trying to lose weight for the wedding too but she feels that she's not 'overweight' enough to have to succumb to a diet like mine...so she's just cutting out high carbs - and everday I see her she says something along the lines of "oh hey look at me, I lost more weight than you without having to do what you do" but she doesn't realize she's just starving her body so the minute she cracks, she's going to regret it. Moms will be moms....
Just had to share, I think that my mom's horns are fully grown - >;{

Maybe you could make a pact with your mom that you don't discuss your diet progress? Tell her you have a diet buddy and don't want to focus on all this more than you need to. Suggest she get a diet buddy too for support.

Not all of us mom's have horns. :) Maybe it's the difference of having an adult son that's a best friend to me. Is is a mother/daughter thing? I have friends that say it's more difficult with their daughters. I can't be competitive with my son and try to just be his best fan.

calee
08-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm back on IP this morning. I'm up a pound that I lost during the first week and now it's time to get back into losing. I didn't add back very many carbs, and stuck to mostly protein so I hope there's no carb withdrawal involved this week.

coliep
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Babyblues - I had a brief instance of that (1-2 days) not sure if it was the diet (i have read detoxing can cause it) or a virus (there was one going around).

Calee - I am up, too. Not feeling very encouraged :/

Momto2cs
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Too much cal/mag can cause diarrhea. Cut back one pill and see if it helps!

amaliayosa
08-16-2011, 05:20 AM
I am down 17 pounds in 3 weeks! Omg, I NEVER saw this coming :) 10 more to go. I actually started at a size 12 and just bought jeans the other day from American Eagle in a size 8! I so love IP! My biggest challenge has been getting my veggies in for lunch. Any ideas?

amaliayosa
08-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Celtic-Are you measuring yourself? I have found I am really losing inches. Just a thought.

Celticgirl
08-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I feel like I'm treading water and the scale is a shark waiting to pounce. I have a WI tomorrow after about two weeks. I waited because I hadn't been losing, so I played the game....wait two weeks and I won't be discouraged.

However, peeking at home....the scale is just not moving! :?: In the beginning I lost inches, but now not so much. This week I started "bootcamp" eating only chicken and fish and not eating higher carb veggies.

I drink, drink, drink. I add a packet on the days I run. I see my coach tomorrow but feel I need to have some possible solutions in mind for her. I love the program....but not loving the results. Five weeks in I should be down at least 10-12 pounds, not just 5! AHHHHHHHHHH.:tantrum:

calee
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Celtic, don't give up!

Amaliayosa, you're doing great! Please keep posting to give us the inspiration to just keep going.

Coliep, I'm sorry you're up a bit.

I'm on day 2 again. Yesterday went ok until dinner. I had to meet friends and family for dinner. They gave me a few choices of where to go so I read the menu's. I settled on a Caesar with Shrimp so that I'd get lettuce and protein. the cheese and dressing were NOT on plan so I'm going for an OP day today. I didn't have carb cravings which was great. I really didn't add many carbs back for the two weeks I was not paying close attention. The sodium in the Chicken soup yesterday along with the caesar and I'm definitely retaining fluids this morning.

Here's to an OP day!

coliep
08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Celtic - I feel you. I have gained back 3-4 pounds and the scale is going up despite hard work. Even calorie counting, I should lose 1-2 lbs / week but am not. I really have absolutely no idea what is going on but it is definitely discouraging =(

calee
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
ACK, I'm sorry to read about this stalls/gains. I know how demoralizing that is. Let's all please hang in there and see where this goes. I'm 2 days back OP and hoping to hit Ketosis soon. I've had a good day today. I'm about to go out and walk 3.5 miles which will feel great.

cherbee82
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello All! I'm back from a 10 day vacation! I'm sorry to hear about all the stalls and gains. I know it's party of getting closer to your weight goal. I also think that once I start working out again, ironically I'll have more problems losing weight.

But for today - I'm a success story. With 10 days of vacation, and the only thing near IP I did was drink a Whey Protein Isolate shake for breakfasts most of the time - I only gained 1.6lbs. This is with chips, corn, potato, rice, bread, english muffin, french fries, hot dog, wedding cake, etc. I kept my portions small, made tiny changes, and didn't drink too much, but still - I was SHOCKED to see I'd only gained back 1.6.

Yesterday was my first day back OP and it was VERY difficult to not give myself one more day of vacation. I'm not quite back in the habit of drinking enough water yet either. Already down 1 of the 1.6 gained ....

However - I know a stall will come soon enough - usually the weight comes off pretty easily until about 135 - but then I'll stall. Also, I'm only doing IP for three more weeks - then I'm going to move to my own version of Phase II - so I'll need lots of help for that.

Bride2Be310
08-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Calee - I think it is a mother/daughter thing. Sometimes I just avoid the conversation...I'm pretty used to it. Asian mothers are the biggest criticizers I feel...maybe I feel that way because it's all I see lol

amaliayosa - congrats! I wish I could have that kind of success as you, I'm in my 2nd week and have only lost 7lbs.

Celtic & coliep - I feel you guys...I was really rolling downhill losing a pound a day and all of a sudden the scale is either the same or gained a pound back. It's so sad to say but it almost ruins your whole day... I guess that's why they tell you not to weigh yourself all the time - I'm going :dizzy:

Bride2Be310
08-17-2011, 03:13 PM
That's awesome!!! I hope I can do that over my honeymoon in October!

Bride2Be310
08-17-2011, 03:15 PM
That last msg was for cherbee but my quotes didn't work!

cherbee82
08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks Bride2be! I feel very fortunate to have not done too much damage - I thought it was going to be much worse. I'm hoping tomorrow to see a new low. :)

amaliayosa
08-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Have not had a loss in 2 weeks! First two I lost 17 pounds, now i keep fluctuating between 165-166...NOTHING! I am thinking about starting boot cap, but not dure how it works...Anyone?

coliep
08-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Well 17 pounds in the first two weeks is a LOT of weight! I bet your body is just keeping up. That's an average of 8.5 lbs / week. I think you can probably just persevere and will see results without doing boot camp, but if you need to see if it will kick things into higher gear than go for it. Keep in mind that the faster you lose, the more your skin will need to keep up so given your size/weight I might just try to be patient . . .

coliep
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
I think I am going to be off the wagon for a bit. I am not losing, I am gaining (keep in mind I am not following IP but more of my own version) and I have some other weird body things going on. So, I might either do something like Phase 3 or I may just calorie count for a few weeks and see what happens . . .

cherbee82
08-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Coliep - Sounds like it'll be good to see what your body adjusts to the best - it's always a tricky thing figuring out what we'll respond to.

Any thoughts on me and skin elasticity before you go? I'm 5'3, 28, I'm losing weight at a fairly steady pace, I plan to do IP for 18 more days and hopefully get down to a little under 135 and then do my own version of IP start slowly integrating carbs, and start working out again. Do you think that sounds like an okay plan in regards to my skin? I'm lost 12lbs already on IP but I've really only done it for a total of 21 days (my vacation was definitely IP free).

coliep
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Cherbee -- hmmmm. Not too sure, really. Personally, I think that losing around 2 lbs per week while working out will lead to the best results skin wise . . . but I think that is just because that is what has been drilled into us forever, right?! I know IP promotes a few products as collagen boosting, so perhaps keeping that on an every other day basis while you continue on might help? I do think slow & steady wins the race!!

As for me, i have had a heck of a morning. I woke up with an achy feeling and thought I might have a bladder infection. I had hoped to just leave a sample @ the dr., but they insist on seeing you. So, me and my 3 ages 3 and under went in there. My kids were the worst behaved they have ever been. They yelled and screamed and played and wouldn't mind. I could barely hold a conversation with the doctor but there wasn't much I could do, so I saved my breath (didn't want to be ineffective). Anyway, it stressed me out. On top of that, I didn't like this guy at all. He implied that I was dancing my way from dr. to dr. at their office, he didn't really address my issues (i have had spotting for about 2 months) but referred me to my normal caregiver in their office. His tone and attitiude irritated me but then I was even more pissed that I had to have an appt. for him to tell me to make an appt. I mean, if you want to bill my insurance co. then treat me, right?! Anyway, I was frustrated and even more irritated that he seemed to blow off my question completely about wether its possible that I was causing the spotting at this point and not my mirena. I don't think he knew about the program and rather than even acknowledge it he acted like I was an idiot. My BP is still up.

Anyway, despite my carby ways last night I have been OP this morning. He did say my gain could definitely have been from the estrogen so, for now, I will consider that the cause (even though it doesn't make it any easier to take!).

Phew. Ok, thanks for listening. I need a nap.

cherbee82
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Coliep - that sounds so rough and stressful. The first month of IP I had a period, then spotting, then a second early heavier period. It's finally paused for a little because I had my 10 day IP break - but seriously, that's nerve wracking. Reason #1 that I plan to do my last bit of IP, a little over 2 more weeks and then phase off on my own. MY plan is to do my own phase 2 for 1 week (in between my anniversary cheat and an indulgent dinner with my mom cheat) and then add in oatmeal in morning for 1 week and up working out, then phase in oatmeal and apple the next week and workout, then phase in a lunch carb and natural peanut butter (HOORRAYYY). I hope by doing this slowly I won't see much bounce - but you just can't predict how your body will react. Now I'm seeing great results - but sometimes I'm stalled for an entire week or more.

All we can say is that we try. And you have so many more stressors in your life that, at least for now, I'm free of.

Good luck!!! Keep on the boards - even the IP board even if you're doing doing it. :) I love this under 20lbs to lose because this weight will be different than the other weight! Hope you got your nap!

coliep
08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
You know what seems relatively consistent in our under 20 thread? None of us is 100% OP all the time. We all take a lot of "breaks" or cheats . . .

calee
08-19-2011, 08:24 PM
You know what seems relatively consistent in our under 20 thread? None of us is 100% OP all the time. We all take a lot of "breaks" or cheats . . .

That's me! I did great the first week, then took two weeks off. I've gained back almost a pound in these two weeks. This week I'm back on plan and having a tough time sticking to it. That said, I'm keeping my carbs low and I'm in Ketosis but the weight doesn't want to budge. I'm eating protein at two meals instead of just dinner. I split it and wouldn't think it would hurt that much. I'm going to just keep going. I want/need/have to get to 145 so that I'm a normal BMI. Then I want to focus on anything under 140. I need to just keep eating low carb because I feel the best and don't put junk into my body when i eat low carb. Tonight is a grilled pork chop and veggies. I've been OP today and feel good about it. I also walked 3.5 miles for exercise. I was sore following last nights pilates workout.

We can do this! Can we somehow agree to help each other stay OP?

cherbee82
08-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I only have IP for 17 more days - so must stay 100% OP. Honestly - though I took a vacation break - today was the only day when I was doing IP (before and after vacation break) that I wasn't 100%. I plan to stay 100% until I'm out of IP - then phase out using alternative products.

So can everyone stay 100% OP with me for 17 more days?? Just think where we could be?

calee
08-20-2011, 12:41 AM
I only have IP for 17 more days - so must stay 100% OP. Honestly - though I took a vacation break - today was the only day when I was doing IP (before and after vacation break) that I wasn't 100%. I plan to stay 100% until I'm out of IP - then phase out using alternative products.

So can everyone stay 100% OP with me for 17 more days?? Just think where we could be?

Me! I'll do it with you. I'm using Alternative Products but I'll stick to them. I'll have to switch to a packet at lunch with my salad instead of 3 oz of meat but I can make that change. I monitor my calories and carbs/protein/fat on myfitnesspal. com since i'm not using actual IP products. I do have Wonderslim products etc.

So count me in. I bet I could get below 145 if I keep it up.

amaliayosa
08-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Yes, im hanging in there. Its just frustrating having 0 loss for 2 weeks in a row...I think many of us feel so close that we feel we can cheat at times.

ExPiglet2
08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Happy saturday Ladies! I had my 4th weigh in yesterday, down 1lb, guess my high number days of losing are done, lol. I was really hoping to see the 130's, hopefully next week.
Have a great weekend every one, stay OP :)

coliep
08-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Wish I could be on the 17 day bandwagon, but I already didn't even get on!! Today I had my IP omelet for breakfast and a shake for a morning snack, then we went for a bike ride. About 2 hours later, we stopped for lunch. I ordered reasonably carb-wise, but definitely not IP. I had a grilled salmon caesar salad (no croutons). While waiting forever for the food, I ended up eating a roll (bad). Then came home and snacked on nuts and had red wine. My total calories were at an eat to lose of just over a pound per week and my carbs up at 90. I am still in ketosis this morning. Nevertheless, the scale still won't budge - 144-145 depending on the day :/

calee
08-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Colliep, I get what you're saying. Yesterday I was walking home from my Weight Watchers meeting and getting a manicure. I had to walk past our farmer's market and while walking home I sampled about half of a nectarine. Fruit is what I miss most. The other carbs don't tempt me much. I'm still in ketosis but I disappointed myself in not walking right past the market.

I'm glad that I get an other opportunity to do it better today!

sweetslimn
08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello from Alaska! I graduated from IP in January and thought I was at my goal weight....I have decided that I want to go a lil bit further and drop another 20lbs. So, this is my accountability post :) I am starting back up today! I think its fantastic that there is so much support here and look forward to seeing everyone meet their goals!

Sarah

coliep
08-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome Sweet! Well, I am definitely not a model IP citizen. I just cannot seem to "restart" on this diet. I do well for a few meals or a few days, then I pretty much blow it. Yesterday was had a cookout and my intentions were good, but one glass of wine led to some more and then that led to a bad of light microwave popcorn. I ended up over maintenance calories, over 100 carbs. It's like in my mind, I really want to be thinner and get these last 10 pounds off but that all goes out the window over the weekends. I even saw a post by someone a little taller than me now weighing a little less -- someone who obviously persevered and succeeded on IP. Yet, I seem to falter day after day after day. I wonder if maybe I should just go back to calorie counting and forget about the IP approach since I just cannot seem to stick to it.

calee
08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Good Morning,

I'm seriously thinking about switching over to regular Low Carb eating. I seem to do better without the chemicals of the IP/Alternative products and enjoy eating more natural protein sources. I'm going to try it this week and see if I can get my weight loss restarted this week and down to my normal BMI range. I'll let you know how it's going. I have a lot of IP Alternative products and may include them in my eating if the carbs numbers allow it. I find that the carb counts are higher than what work for me. I'm better with more calories and under 20 carbs. I'll keep you posted on my experiment. This morning I'm 149.8 and delighted that I maintained what I lost during my first week on IP.

coliep
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Yay! Calee, I am not doing IP products anymore either. I have EAS CarbAdvantage RTD shakes and some muscle milk light. I haven't ventured into other packaged food replacements because I just don't particularly want all my food in a pouch -- very hard to explain to your toddlers why mommy is eating foil food.

I such at IP and am thinking I am just going to go for more balanced eating with less processed food/added sugars. I think it is sustainable, sets a good example, etc. I may need to add in a yogurt with frozen berries for breakfast though because the constipation/bloating that keeps recurring is ridiculous and has a negative impact on other aspects of my life.

I am thinking maybe more IPesque weekdays with a normal healthy eating on weekends. I think I can sustain that. I get that it is not IP etc. etc. but I think it could be a workable solution for me.

I felt pretty lame today - just tired and unmotivated. At the gym taking the kiddos to gymnastics and dressed to get down to business and what do I do? I come home instead. That's a first. I think today might be nap day.

Keep us posted Calee and great job on being in the 140s!! My breakthrough I want is the 130s. My goal was to be 135 by October 1st. I need to lose 10 pounds between now and then so not sure how likely that is at this rate!

cherbee82
08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes - Keep us posted Calee - I thought I was being cheat proof free - i.e. 17 days guys - COMEE ONNN, but no, I'm already out of that. Saturday I resisted so many things - I drove a huge birthday cake down to my mom, ate an early chicken and veggies to resist b-day cake and snacks at my nieces 1 year old birthday party, then drove to my home where my boyfriend and I were celebrating one of our best friends birthdays. I ignored another cake, chocolate covered strawberries, tater tots, guacomole burgers, and drinking. Only to go out and drink vodka sodas and eat cold tater tots when I got home. The next day I snacked on pita chips, hummus, cut up vegggies, jarslberg cheese and had some multigrain pasta. I still had a 1lb loss from my IP low (actually a little more of a loss - but I was overly inflated from vacation week) - but that would have been a 2.2lb loss from my low if I hadn't had carb snack fest!!!!

I just want to do this - just FINISH it out until step 6. then I'll start reincorporating carbs - like greek yogurt and apples and then oatmeal ... slowly - over 3 - 4 weeks. Then just start eating clean. I'm concerned I dont' have a clear exit strategy and that I'm not being as efficient as I could be on this diet - I just have 15 more days - I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

coliep
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, yes and yes. I had to laugh at resisting everything only to have a vodka soda lead to your demise. That is me, too!

I need to be locked in a closet for 17 days!

You know what I wish? I wish there was someone out there getting down to their last 10 who would chime in and say, Hey Ladies! If you are 100% OP you (like me) can drop 4 pounds in a week still! That would be encouraging. What is not encouraging? Living on vanilla shakes and losing only 1 pound per week . . . at best.

So, I have a dumb question. If we are "off" the diet (which I am, I am low carb but def not IP), then if we restart with Phase 1 week 1, will we see a significant loss like we did week 1? Or, because we are already low carb, there really won't be a drastic change? I think I might post this on the main discussion and see what kind of feedback we get. I think we need some positive reinforcement / motivation to know that our efforts will yield some encouraging results like they did in the very beginning.

DH is leaving town tomorrow, so I am going to take it 1 day at a time. I commit to being 100% Phase 1 for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. One foot in front of another.

cherbee82
08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Coliep - I'm phase 1 , 100% this time I swear, ending on Sept. 5th. Let's be the guinea pigs? Why not!!! Is not being 100% worth the mental exhaustion we're giving ourselves wondering what if? If it doesn't work - I mean - we're just out a week. We have to push the pause button to get to where we want to go. We can't live like we're trying to mantain - or even lose - because when you don't have much to lose - those pounds either take a lot of time (forget calorie in versus calorie out for the last 10) or some major strictness. I'm fortunate in some ways - because my body obviously isn't at a plateau. I came back from vacation on Tue. at 143.6, I immediately dropped back to 142, then was at 139.8 by Saturday morning ... due to above weekend cheats :) I'm now at 141 this morning - but I think I could see a good drop if I just stayed consistent. It's the 130 - 120 weights that I'm more concerned about ......

coliep
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I know you are right. I absolutely hear you. I want to shout "YES!!", but I don't trust myself. I will aim for now til Saturday, starting . . . . now (not IP this morning either, of course). I did put a post in the main area too. I agree, I do spend WAY too much time thinking about this and thinking about food. I annoy myself!

cherbee82
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Well I'm right there with you - so please don't think you're alone. I'm not sure what I'm going to think about after I figure this "thing" out.

Emmy8
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Calee and Coliep,

I hope there is a little room in the boat for me too because I'm right there with you! It has taken 7 weeks to take off 10 lbs. and I still have 10 to go. I have taken off 11 inches which is great but for how restrictive this diet is, I would think more would be coming off!

I started at 146 lbs. which is the most I've ever weighed so I keep wondering if not needing to take off much is why it seems so hard.

As for cheats, I have done a few but still lost the exact same amount each week. Even the cheats were minimal and didn't seem to make a difference.

I wonder if a high protein, low carb diet wouldn't get me there just as fast with more quality of food. I don't mind the IP products but I'm a little picky on the vegetables so I'm burning out on zucchini, bell peppers and the occasional green bean! I also am really tired of lettuce!!!

I do love how I feel and I know I've changed my thoughts on food and will be able to maintain once I'm off IP. Still I just feel like I've done everything right and feel like 7 weeks for 10 lbs. is not that great, especially for the cost of IP.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

coliep
08-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Ahhh Emmy, music to my ears. Not your plight, but that you are in a similar boat. First off, I see you picture and you look fabulous! Not to discourage you from continuing on, but i can see in you picture that you look pretty fit. Also if 146 was your highest weight, then you are definitely not the "usual" candidate for this diet either.

I lost 11.2 pounds in 6 weeks on the diet, even with my cheats (starting in week 2 I had a love of PB and I allowed myself 1-2 tbsp / day depending on my workout and I did this in exchange for my oil). I felt so guilty about cheating, even though I felt good and was losing that I started to have a "bad relationship" with the diet and it became a slippery slope. Anyway, I digress...

I have been trying to low carb, reduced calorie approach for the last 2 weeks, when I couldn't afford IP products anymore. I have lost nothing and it makes me take a second look at IP. Now, there are some caveats (1) I don't weigh/measure my food when calorie counting, I estimate and I don't think I have been as diligent as I should (2) I was on estrogen for a week and saw a gain that same week of 3 pounds (but also I was less IP this week). Anyway, I am not sure what the cause of the gain is for sure but I am going to assume the hormones since even if I poorly estimated calories I certainly didn't eat enough to gain a few. Nevertheless, the pounds are here to stay. Just goes to show what a signifcant role hormones have on our weight loss!!

Anyway, all this to say that I am feeling conflicted and confused . . .

Emmy8
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Ahhh Emmy, music to my ears. Not your plight, but that you are in a similar boat. First off, I see you picture and you look fabulous! Not to discourage you from continuing on, but i can see in you picture that you look pretty fit. Also if 146 was your highest weight, then you are definitely not the "usual" candidate for this diet either.

I lost 11.2 pounds in 6 weeks on the diet, even with my cheats (starting in week 2 I had a love of PB and I allowed myself 1-2 tbsp / day depending on my workout and I did this in exchange for my oil). I felt so guilty about cheating, even though I felt good and was losing that I started to have a "bad relationship" with the diet and it became a slippery slope. Anyway, I digress...

I have been trying to low carb, reduced calorie approach for the last 2 weeks, when I couldn't afford IP products anymore. I have lost nothing and it makes me take a second look at IP. Now, there are some caveats (1) I don't weigh/measure my food when calorie counting, I estimate and I don't think I have been as diligent as I should (2) I was on estrogen for a week and saw a gain that same week of 3 pounds (but also I was less IP this week). Anyway, I am not sure what the cause of the gain is for sure but I am going to assume the hormones since even if I poorly estimated calories I certainly didn't eat enough to gain a few. Nevertheless, the pounds are here to stay. Just goes to show what a signifcant role hormones have on our weight loss!!

Anyway, all this to say that I am feeling conflicted and confused . . .

Coliep,

Thank you, I so appreciate the support. Although I am about 6 lbs. lighter in the picture than I am right now, it's still pretty accurate. With the extra weight on, it seemed to go to my chest, arms and upper thighs, plus not great tone either. I hate working out! I am not obsessed with the number on the scale, it's more that I want to feel more tone and look good in my clothing. Still, the number on the scale is the deciding factor on whether what you're doing is actually working! The only thing keeping me sane is that 2 lbs. per week must be fat and therefore it will stay off, right??? LOL

My Coach and others told me that IP was really great for someone who only needed to take off 20 or 30 lbs. and that is why I tried it. Sure, I know people that had 40 lbs. to take off but they took it off quicker than I have, so I thought surely it would be the same for me. I have to say that every person on this site that has had to take off more weight, on IP, is a HUGE HERO in my book. This is not for sissies!

Luckily, I have no other issues, like hormones or a monthly cycle to contend with, which means it should be a little easier. I agree, the hormone issue you're facing is definitely harder for you.

Obviously we would all like it to be easier but that really isn't the issue. Something so restrictive should show you results, especially when you're really staying on program. I want to try my own program and see if it works but I'm scared to do so. I don't think I'd gain but what if I don't actually loose that 1.5 pounds, in a week! HA!

cherbee82
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I only have 14 more days with IP - after Sept. 6 I'm done - and the most terrifying part is the ... what next. How do I mantain the loss? If I stall on something this strict, how can I possible lose on something else? The hard truth is the last 10lbs are triccckkyy lil lbs. I'm not quite to the last 10 as I'm shorter - but I know I'll be in that boat sooner than I'd like. :( However, readoing over things had made me rethink my - maybe I should go get indian for dinner theory.

coliep
08-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Lol. Indian for dinner . . . maybe not the best choice for the low carb dieter!! 14 days, you CAN do it!! Just think of how AMAZING you will feel in 2 weeks, most likely at least 5 pounds lighter!!!!! Don't let my discouraging words (whcih are the result of my own flailings at a diet that does work when followed) disuade you from moving forward giving it all you've got!!!!

calee
08-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm sitting here laughing because I was afraid to post that I wanted to switch to low carb eating and look at all of you chiming in with support and stories to share. We rock!!

So today I ate low carb. 88/12 Ground beef with an egg scrambled over it for breakast. Quest protein bar and a chicken thigh for lunch, peanuts (not planned) for a snack before pilates. Dinner asparagus spears and a skinless chicken thigh. I'm keeping veggies low until I'm further into Ketosis.

I log every bite into myfitnesspal which I've been doing while losing weight. I'm ending the day with total carbs 39 - net carbs 14. The quest bar is loaded with fiber and it's all natural so I like them in my food plan.

I'll let you know how I'm doing but I can tell you that I'm so delighted to not be eating artificial food that is sodium filled.

Tomorrow I want to drink more fluids as I have a tough time getting in very much plain water.

Can I continue to post here?

coliep
08-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Nope, you're kicked out ;-) Kidding. Obviously kidding!

I am impressed at how low you keep your carbs! I had 3 unplanned food items that pushed my carbs up...

BF - CarbAdvantage Shake
Snack 1 - Stupid packet of ritz bits (got hungry at kids sports)
Lunch - Grilled shrimp, grilled zucchini + cucumbers and celery
Snack 2 - Romaine stir fry; 2 tbsp almond butter
Dinner - 8 ounces ahi tuna steak w/ sesame seeds on edge, wasabi & soy dip, sauteed lettuce, cucumbers, celery with WF dressing. Too many bites of the kids orzo :/
Snack 3 - 1 serving Nut-ritious nuts

Totals were 1400 cals: 70g fat (too high!), 100 carbs/70 net (too high!), 100gm protein (too low!).

Clearly I need to plan better. I need to get some bars to keep in my purse, maybe I will try the ones you mention. I am really lacking fiber these days!

cherbee82
08-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Of course you SHOULD post here - how else should we figure out how to transition?? :)

I DID have Indian - but no rice, only 2 bites of the potato/pea inside of a samosa and none of fried part, one bite of naan, and a couple of forkfuls of chickpeas. Other than that, I mostly had chicken.

I'm going to attempt to do the next 2 weeks 100%, but it'll be hard. I'm yearning to be at the stage where I'm eating REAL food, clean food, and upping my working out - but why waste the shakes if I have them? Maybe the two weeks can mean 5 to 7lbs ....maybe not, but ... what if ....

Plus I have you guys figuring out what my next move will be. :)

mmm0717
08-22-2011, 11:41 PM
So, today is my first day on ideal protein diet. Not so bad.. I'm 22, so my friends are more interested in going out and drinking instead of supporting me. I'm 5'10, starting at 176lbs. I WILL GET TO 140LBS!!!! Does age help with how fast you lose the weight?

Good luck to everyone on the diet!

calee
08-23-2011, 12:28 AM
MMM, welcome. You can get great support around here. I think young people shed the weight faster. Your metabolism probably isn't trashed. I hope that IP will be your best food plan and will help you learn the new habits necessary so that you never have to post that you have more than this to lose. You can do it!!

Cherbee, you don't have to waste the shakes, even if you move to low carb eating. I'm having shakes in my plan, just not today because I wanted real food. My favorite breakfast is a scoop of Chocolate Whey Crisps (high protein, low carb) with chocolate protein shake poured over it instead of milk. I got some of the Go Lean low carb chocolate from GNC and use 2-3 ounces on my cereal so a bottle lasts all week. We're here to support your 100% goals and I hope you lose those last pounds! You go girl!

Colliep, I actually think your numbers look great if you get those carbs down. I ended up adding 1/2 cup of Fage 0 to my dinner. I was hungry after pilates tonight. (I work out 4-6x a week either walking or pilates)
My numbers were 1123 calories 100 protein 63 fat and 24 net carbs. I generally need to stay under 1000 to lose so I'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I'm a daily weigher which is the only way that I can see what works and what doesn't work.

Keep going Collie, you can get those carbs down if you pack things like string cheese or low carb protein bars for the sporting moments. What about a small cooler and keep a protein shake in there or just a thermos when you're on the go?

calee
08-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Good Morning,

Monday - 149.6
Tuesday - 149.2

I'll keep you posted on what happens to my weight using Low Carb. I hope that I find this easier to stick to since it has less processed foods involved.

I have a conference in September and will be eating hotel food for four days. I want to shed as many pounds as possible prior to that, then try to maintain while away. I have almost a month to work on it.

Have a great OP day everyone (whatever your plan is!)

Bride2Be310
08-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone, what a busy week for me - I've been MIA. I totally went off program on Saturday for my bachelorette party...much harder to avoid having fun than I expected it to be - took me a while to get back OP. Sunday I had a slice of cold pizza for breakfast because I puked everything out the night before...and I had chicken noodle soup at lunch at a restaurant...yesterday I had 2pcs of shrimp tempura ..ugh its tough to get back on but I am now. My coach also gave me a detox program because he knew I was going to be off track and the last week has been lacking on the BM ends.
Let me say...its tough to detox O.O I think I'm going to cut the dosage in half because last night and this morning was a little ridiculous haha but I feel lighter?

Anyway I hope everyone's day is going well!

coliep
08-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Bride - I give you an A for even thinking your could be OP at your bachelorette party. Seriously, I would never have even thought about trying lol! Just wean out over a few days and reduce your carbs, you will be back on track in no time!!

Calee - If I don't shove some forkfuls of the tomato cream basil orzo my husband made for Sunday's dinner party into my mouth, my carbs would definitely be lower! We have tons of leftovers and he left town and I hate wasting food! I am trying not to touch it today!! For me, scale still hasn't budged. I bounce up, then back down. Anyway, despite the high number of carbs I am still in ketosis. I wonder if I just go or stay in it pretty easily as long as I am under 100 . . . I seem to be according to the sticks (but always trace or the one a teensy bit above it).

Today I am at around 650 calories (29 fat, 33 carb, 66 protein) and its around 2. I did about 90 minutes of exercise today (one class is lame, the other is good -- so I figured I got a "good" 45 minutes). Here's hoping for a good rest of the day and the scale to drop to 143 finally (again) tomorrow. I need some positive reinforcement ....c'mon lucky numbers -)

Momto2cs
08-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I am back joining you ladies. I had pretty much reached my goal and moved to low carb eating. It worked well until summer vacation. For the past couple of weeks I have been eating and drinking anything and everything.

Today is day 1 again for me. I will try to stick 100% ip until labour day-sept 5. I know my main challenge will be saying no to wine, but I am so bloated right now I could cry! My body obviously hates carbs!

If "take 2" works I will aim for my original goal of 140.

I really hope I can get back on the ip wagon!

cherbee82
08-23-2011, 06:09 PM
What are the limits of the low carb diet - what numbers should I be aiming for?

How do these look?
Fat 29.5g 31.8% (had pistachios)
Saturated Fat 6.1g

Carbohydrates 38.7g 18.6%
Fiber 15.9g
Sugars 10.4g
Protein 103.5g 49.6%

coliep
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome back Mom! Just FYI, this thread has turned more into people who are not OP IP and are just doing low carb so you might find more relatable experiences on another thread but you are, of course, more than welcome here!

Cherbee - I really don't know, everybody's body is different but I think your numbers look good. You are much better than I am in all departments!! I have heard that keeping carbs under 50 is a good effort if you aren't super stringent, but I am more in the 50-100 range.

My day looks like this:

1320 cals
65 fat (9.5 saturated) -- I too had nuts
95 carbs
32 fiber
105 protein
28 sugars

I may add one more protein source tonight like an egg or something if I get hungry but that should be my day. I did 90 minutes of exercise and had 4 liters of water.

Anyway, my food diary says if every day were like today that I would lose 1.9 pounds per week. Since I am in ketosis, the theory is that my body is burning extra calories from that process so I assume that if I keep this up I should lose at least 2 pounds / week. It says in 3 months I would be 120 pounds . . . a girl can dream, right?!

calee
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Here's my day - no nuts. Thank you!

Calories - 876
Protein - 78 - I'd like to be higher on protein so may add a little greek yogurt
Carbs - 26
Fiber - 17
Fat - 36

It's early here and I still have a 3.5 mile walk in 87 degrees before I get my broccoli slaw and chicken thigh for dinner, but they're included in my totals for the day.

coliep
08-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Seriously frustrated. Scale is up even further this morning - now over 146. I get that there will be fluctuations but typically for me the up fluctuations stick for a while so the fact I am up a pound despite that the numbers don't add up is quite discouraging. I was really hoping to see some progress =(

coliep
08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Big. Gulp. Had several spoonfuls of cake batter :/ I was strong at first, put the beaters right into the sink, starting spooning right away into the molds but then I fell prey to the power of cake batter. I did stop myself and go rinse the bowl so the damage was far less than, say, eating a cupcake but definitely not my smartest move. Too bad there's no such thing as carbless celery cakes to take and decorate for the kids for school!

cherbee82
08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I've been stuck at 140/139.8 since Friday, and even though I had some "splurges" they were all fairly moderate and within my cals - so I'm discouraged too. Nature of the beast I guess. For me, at 5'3, this weight should still be coming off me fairly easily. Let's just keep charging forward - the alternative is to be up 5lbs!!!

coliep
08-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I am up 4 total now -( And I am well within my caloric range. very mad at the fat lol!!

I made my big mac in a bowl like a good girl, did an hour of cardio and legs. Drinking my water, will have some tea. Will sleep and wake up thinner . . . she said hopefully =)

calee
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Here's my experiment results so far this week.
Sunday 149.8
Monday 149.6
Tuesday 149.2
Wedesday149.8
Thursday 148.8

I ate a lot yesterday. Protein Bar, protein shake, protein crisp cereal, peanuts (unplanned), chicken thigh, romaine salad, asparagus, broccoli slaw, butter.

Calories 1123
Protein 123
Carbs 45
Fiber 12
Fat 48

I'm going to push hard on protein again today.
Hydro Whey Shake for breakfast
Protein Crisp cereal topped with leftover shake for snack
Broccoli slaw and asparagus for lunch
Protein Pudding for snack
Romain salad with chicken thigh for dinner after Pilates class

I'll keep you posted. I have not seen something that started with 148 since 1975. I'm now down 101 pounds. YAY!

Keep the spirit team and let's be OP, whatever that is.

calee
08-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I am up 4 total now -( And I am well within my caloric range. very mad at the fat lol!!

I made my big mac in a bowl like a good girl, did an hour of cardio and legs. Drinking my water, will have some tea. Will sleep and wake up thinner . . . she said hopefully =)

How are you this morning?

Regarding caloric range, you know it's what calories, not necessarily how many. I can't lose an ounce doing 1000 calories unless they are low carb calories. We're all wired differently. Set out to find out what quality of calories works for you. Try something different than what you've been doing that put those couple of pounds back on. I know how demoralizing that can be. Been there, done that.

I hope you saw a whooosh today!

coliep
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
I was good . . . until I ate a freaking piece of cake. Dumb. I entered all my food and prelogged my dinner and I will end at just about 100 carbs, again. that seems to be my magic number these days. The scale is back down that extra pound, but I am not losing. I am 144.8.

I have always successfully lost weight through calorie counting and exercise. The content didn't really matter, I just tried to make healthy choices generally. I am still not convinced that it is my diet that is causing the weight gain and now the plateau or if it is all the hormonal stuff going on. I've never had to deal with it, so I am unsure. I don't want to blame the hormones and find out its the diet so I am just trying to keep on keepin' on. I find dietary changes challenging to make into a habit so tweaking it every few days might make it harder for me. I just feel kinda stuck . . . in many ways. I am trying to be patient to see if everything just kind of settles. I keep thinking I will wake up miraculously a few pounds thinner. Of course, eating a piece of cake won't help me on that journey but it shouldn't necessarily be the end of me either. I will still end today at 1400ish calories, over 100grams of protein, similar fat content as I have been having etc. I did weight training and 45 minutes of cardio today, too.

When I used to hit a "plateau" it often came down to me being pretty lax on my measuring and calculating. This time, there's just no way that I am THAT far off. I would have to be understimating by say 700 calories / day or so and since the majority of my food is packaged that would be nearly impossible. So, there just has to be something else going on . . . I think :/

cherbee82
08-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Calee - Looks like upping your calories helped you - I wonder if it would help me? I'm still staying fairly OP - not having as much water as I should, and had a little light hellmann's olive oil mayo, a couple of pistachios, an eggplant parmesan stack - but accounted all the carbs all the time - and it's never been very much. I'm still kind of losing - just way more slowly ... I knew this would happen.

Coliep - you have so much going on - it's got to be hard because it's the worst when you feel like you can't identify what the issue is - because if you could, then you could fix it or at least deal with it. You're doing great just by continuing to keep trying!!

coliep
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
The how many calories question is what I am wondering too. I have used another food diary for years and when I posted questions on its forum I received the suggestion to upping my cals (to like 1800) for a week or so, even on non-workout days, to see how I respond. I do kind of question wether, by not being in ketosis and/or not being on IP, we end up doing more of a starvation diet or slowing our metabolism. Obviously, not me so much since I stay about 1200 calories for that reason (because I don't trust that I am properly self-adminsitering the ultra low calorie diet), but perhaps that is an issue for you? I am going to max out my calories today (ok, well not max out but be somewhere around 1800) and up my water. Tomorrow is probably a non-workout day unless I get out and get to spinning first thing, but I know I will struggle to let myself eat 1800 calories on a non-workout day . . .

amaliayosa
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm struggling as well. Had company last week and drank three glasses of wine :/ Then went on a mini vacation and had this 'great' idea that hard liquor has 0 carbs so I could indulge in a few shots of tequila. Ate more like i was on Adkins the ast two days...salami, cheese, a salad with bacon and avacado. Fortunately I was only up a pound this morning and right back OP. I have 10 freaking pounds to go why is this so hard?
Part of it I think is I am wearing size 8's (been many years) and med. tops and receiving lots of compliments so I feel I can cheat sometimes, but I really want to get to my ideal weight of 155. Have not lost in 3 weeks!

coliep
08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
I am on the "it has 0 carbs so I can have it" bandwagon. But that is the question, right?! Why is the last 10 so hard? I mean, if I set my goal for 20 pounds do you think I could take of these 10 without such a challenge lol!!

I ate ridiculously tonight. Too many calories, too high carb. It started with the stupid kids cake, then had some nut butter, then some trail mix. THe ugly result? 2400 calories and almost 200 carbs. Ick. My only saving grace is that I did 90 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes zumba, and weight training so my calories aren't terrible even if I totally messed up on the carbs. I am hoping I burned enough off where I won't feel icky tomorrow because of them . .

calee
08-26-2011, 12:32 AM
The dreaded last 10. I hear you all. I want to get down another 10 as well. For now I'm sticking with this low carb/low calorie (under 1000) and trying to exercise 1 hour at least 5x a week. I'm experimenting and thus far I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I'm deeper in Ketosis tonight so hoping that my hunger goes away. Funny thing (well not really funny) is that even when my hunger goes, I still eat almost or just as much. There's so much involved in head hunger and feeling like I "deserve" it, even low carb which is not very exciting.

I'm doing my best to treat food as my fuel to energize me for my day and help me get to my goal. I'm at peace with the number of carbs/calories for now and I'm not feeling resentful which I have in the past. I think I'm going to plan 1 meal a week out with a friend where I can have a bit more food, not necessarily carbs though so that I don't start feeling deprived and also to help reset my metabolism etc.

I knew a professional body builder who ate chicken, cottage cheese and plain canned tuna all week. Then every Sunday he ate an entire cheese pizza to reset. It worked great for him and he really built those muscles preparing for a competition.

I hope I don't get bored with all this "simple" eating.

Hang in there everyone. Let's bust these last 10 pounds. Maybe we should be the 10 Busters. :)

calee
08-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Here's my experiment results so far this week.
Sunday 149.8
Monday 149.6
Tuesday 149.2
Wedesday149.8
Thursday 148.8
Friday 148.6
Hanging in the 148's for two days is happy for me. Now I want to see 147 by Sunday!

I hope to be down another pound by Monday morning which will be a week of low carb eating and exercising. So far I've been OP all week with Atkins lower fat style eating. I'm actually using products and veggies for lunch and a lean meal for dinner (meat and veggies). Products being protein shakes, protien pudding and protein crisp nuggets.

I wish I was seeing things faster but the two weeks that I took off after my first IP alternative week, I didn't shed an ounce and actually gained back a pound. I'm making progress towards my healthy BMI of 145!

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Calee-I love the idea off a new 10lb buster thread! WOW you have lost so much! I remember when I had 50 pounds to lose way back when and would ave been happy to be 175 pounds in a size 10. Dfferent story when you actually get there....

coliep
08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I think this is the 10 pound buster thread. It just evolved into that naturally!
So far today I had my supplements, drank almost 3 liters of water, worked out, have eaten OP.

Great Job on staying down Calee! I am still bouncing around in the same numbers, no loss. Not surprising anymore. I wish I could make a goal of being down a pound even in a week, but I guess right now all I am doing is hanging on!!

coliep
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow Calee, now I am really impressed by how low you are keeping your carbs. So today I have been doing well. I had a protein shake latte for breakfast and lunch, a protein bar for my morning snack. I had a salad with 2 cups veggies for lunch, a romaine stir fry with a little sliced turkey for my afternoon snack. I am already at 60 grams of carbs and its only 3pm!!

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Whats a big mac in a bowl?

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Girls, how about we try a week of no restricted snacks and see if we cant get things moving? We are SO close!!!!

kimvw
08-26-2011, 05:37 PM
I started at 149.6 and am currently flexuating between 135 and 137. I would love to maintain 133, but that was so 3 kids ago! I too, skipped Phase 3 and 4 and just use Phase 1 and 2 to moderate and control. Most days, I have a drink for breakfast and a bar for lunch. Dinner seems to be my meal that is mostly unrestricted. I try to skip the carbs, but have protein and lots and lots of veggies! And sometimes? A glass of wine or two! Yum yum! I think whatever works. I love this program because I know that if I weight in up a pound or two, I just go back to Phase 1 and stop the gain there. Love, love, love it!

ExPiglet2
08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi Ladies, I'm in the same boat, last 10 lbs to go. Been OP 100% for 5 weeks now, no cheats. Just have to hang in there for a bit longer. The cravings are back for me again, been terrible lately :(
Just keep thinking about cupcakes, ice cream, and cheesecake.....ugh

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Expiglet...YES, cheesecake for me :/ ugh, hope something changes fast.

coliep
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Big Mac in a Bowl -- easiest way to find it is to do a google search, it will actually help you find the 3FC links. I don't know the official recipe, but its basically lettuce (romaine is healthier), extra lean ground beef, onions, pickles, and WF Thousand Island. I like to through a couple tomatoes on there.

If I could just be OP even with restricted I'd probably be good to go, but I am doing my own low carb diet so I cannot jump on that bandwagon, sorry. Especially now where sometimes I just have to have a bar that's in my purse because I am out and about an hungrrrrrrrry!

I, too, have strong cravings. I just don't get what people say about them going away. I could care less about most rice, bread, pasta etc. but never have really cared. I still crave sweets. I still crave snacks -- just about anything would suffice!!

So far, so good today. Just finished dinner. I wasn't starving, so I ate it later hoping I'd be too full to fall prey to any snack urges I get! I am ending the day at 900 calories, 75 carbs, 34 fat, 115 protein. I am going to try to just drink herbal tea for the rest of the night and paint my toes or something to distract myself. It's that craving thing. I am full, just ate a huge dinner. But my mouth/mind wants something sweet now. It is hard to resist.

One thing I have noticed is that although I think I want something sweet, when I have given in the majority of the things don't taste good anymore. Just wish my cravings would catch on to that reality so I didn't keep banging my head into a wall. The one thing that still does taste good . . . Lindt Chili Chocolate. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ok, off to have tea

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh! I had some Lindt chili chocolate a few months ago...mmmm, especially with a good red sirah wine OMG!

coliep
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
My heart is melting. Yes, my big bold red wine and my Lindt chili chocolate. Oh days of yore, how I miss thee! Those are actually the 2 biggest things I have given up trying to do this low carb thing. Every night, I had my little treat. If I could just get these dang 10 pounds off, I could have it again. That's what I need to keep telling myself!!!!!!!

amaliayosa
08-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Me too coliep! Miss my beautiful red wine and chocolate....sigh. That should be enough to motivate us eh?

coliep
08-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Cheers to that (holding up my mug of herbal tea!).

calee
08-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Holding up my cup of camomile tea! Here's to full bodied red wine and great chocolate.

I had a decent day. My tummy was a little upset after lunch but got better around dinner time.

Calories 906
Protein 108
Carbs 31
Fiber 5
Fat 33

Cheers to another good day tomorrow!

amaliayosa
08-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Down a pound this morning! WhoooooHoooo!!!! Finally at a 'normal' BMI. 9 to go by September 29th!

coliep
08-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Great Job Everyone!!

coliep
08-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Ok, ladies, I think I am going to go to real food. I have been using muscle milk light and EAS carbadvantage shakes since shifting from IP. I think I will start Phase 3 now, which is mostly real food and use the shakes as emergency food only (except maybe my morning protein latte which I have come to love). All I can think is that either the ingredients in the shakes are actually the source of my stall.

I have also read mixed reviews about how excess protein can cause stalls. I am feeling very confused, now. All I know is that I am not losing and I am consuming the majority of my protein from artificial sources. It will take better planning, but I just need to get on the ball I think. I am just going to do Phase 3 starting now, though, so I am off to make a piece of flax toast =)

LAShutterbug
08-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Part of it I think is I am wearing size 8's (been many years) and med. tops and receiving lots of compliments so I feel I can cheat sometimes, but I really want to get to my ideal weight of 155. Have not lost in 3 weeks!

I'm so with you on this part. Haven't been this size in 15 years and with all the compliments I was on top of the moon, thinking I could burn it off in the gym. NOT

Well I know it's not totally accurate but as of this am, down 5.5 since Wed so I'm drinking my shake and going to have a good day. ;);)

calee
08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Down a pound this morning! WhoooooHoooo!!!! Finally at a 'normal' BMI. 9 to go by September 29th!

You can do it!! I'm here cheering for you. Go 9 Go 9 Go 9!

calee
08-27-2011, 11:54 AM
My low carb week is going swimmingly well.

Last Saturday 150.4
This morning 147.6

My lowest adult weight from around Junior High until 1973 (after serious dieting to get down to it from 176 at High School Grad in 1968) was 143. I feel like seeing that again is within my reach and I couldn't be more ecstatic. Once I see that great number, I'm downward to anything 139 or lower. Finding the OP forum and doing it for a week to get me started on this last part of my journey was such a blessing. I have never in my adult life been able to say I was within 10 pounds of a dream goal.

Here's to a great OP weekend.

cherylleah
08-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi all! Just started IP this week and testing out all the different foods. Some I like and some I hate. I am starting at 151 and hope to go down to 135. I am in peri-menopause and find it extremely hard to go below 148 no matter what I do. My body fights to stay at that weight and it has been very discouraging in the past. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day but I have anyways and I have dropped to 147.4 but jumped back day before weigh in to 148.8 so the same thing seems to be happening and although I want to be positive I'm afraid IP will not defeat my body. :(

I have not cheated one tiny bit and will continue for two more weeks but based on people here I should be losing more. Thanks for listening to me whine!

Cheers!

clairewlusk
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Hello. Few days ago I was looking trough one blog with lots of information about how to lose fat in the stomach. It can be useful for you. Here (http://losefatinthestomach.com/articles/) it is.

amaliayosa
08-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Calee!!! WTG! We are moving right along...whoot, whoot! I know, it feels so weird saying i'd like to lost 7 more pounds! We are almost there sistah!

calee
08-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Amalia, we just have to keep taking it one day at a time. I had hoped to be down more this morning but I'm up to 148.4 this morning. Not sure why as I walked 9 miles yesterday for exercise but I know that my body sheds, then rests. I'm hoping for another 2 pounds this week, maybe 3 because then I'd have a normal BMI for the first time since 1975. That would be awesome!

How many of those 7 are you visualizing gone by next Monday?

amaliayosa
08-29-2011, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=How many of those 7 are you visualizing gone by next Monday?[/QUOTE]
Trying to be realistic here. Im thinking maybe two or three, but would gladly take more. The weird thing is my clothes are falling off even though the scale isnt showing a huge loss for the past three weeks. So im ok with that. Getting a 'procedure' sept 29th, so my goal is to hit goal by the 29th! Now thats doable!

Slow Weave
08-29-2011, 10:07 AM
I have been on the IP diet for a couple of weeks and while I lost initially, I seem to go up ounces rather than drop pounds the last couple of days. It is discouraging especially since I have not cheated. Is this normal, these fluctuations, and will suddenly start dropping again? Hope so.

coliep
08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello! Tis me, the 100% not on any diet this weekend girl. I did well during the day, but at night it all went downhill. Started with wine and ended with munchies. DH brought home this nut brittle stuff from his trip and we ate a lot of it. That is basically pure sugar. I decided not to hate myself for it. It is what it is. I am not losing, I am not gaining, but I was enjoying. Anyway, back on the bandwagon today. I am VERY curious to see wether 100% OP for the next few days (after a week or so of increasing carbs & calories and a weekend of blowing it all ridiculously) will result in a drop of any sort.

Glad to hear Calee and Amalia are making progress! Great job -- you are both SO close!!

Slow Weave - not too sure because I started doing my own version of a low carb diet (and my version isn't working). I think with any diet, weight loss is not linear. A few ounces could just be a glass of water. It is the week's average which is generally the best indicator. I have been gaining/losing the same 2 pounds for a month now but since I am not doing IP I am not the best comparison. Keep at it, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised!!

cherbee82
08-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Back at 142 after VERYYY indulgent weekend. Starting working out and putting in carbs more slowly. Basically moving to clean eating - less processed foods - carbs at lunch or earlier - than protein shakes/protein/veggies. We'll see how this goes ... might as well start putting some good carbs back in while I'm overly inflated with chinese ... yummm .... Miss seeing that 139 though. :( HOpefully it'll be back by next Monday! Did 1 hour on the treadmill (incline walking).

Good luck to you all!!!

Bride2Be310
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone, it seems like the less we have to lose, the easier it is to get off track isn't it? "ah I'm almost there...this little bit won't hurt..."
but aaah! I've been losing but ever so slowly and I've stuck with it about 99% OP. Haven't been exercising though...should get back to that I guess. Ugh I wish there was an alternative for grilled cheese because I've had this insane craving for it lol

Keep on trucking girls!

coliep
08-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I would like to see 139 by next week too :/
Despite my similar overly indulgent weekend and carb craze, I am neither up nor down on the scale. Today is day 2 back on plan. I was kinda hoping that by increasing carbs and calories so much that I would get a nice fat drop after a few days OP (reminiscent of the first week, but smaller) . . . yet I haven't even seen the ounces go down in my favor yet so I am not optimistic!!