Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 11:44 PM   #1  

Question Past c-sections a problem?

Hi ladies!

Does anyone know if you can have lap rny if you've had prior c-sections? I have had three and during the last one my doctor exhausted himself and me both removing adhesions from the first two. Should this be a problem?

Thanks
Patty
Old 01-19-2003, 06:16 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

discuss it with your surgeon. offhand, i can't think of a reason that this should be a problem.. this surgery is in a different part of the abdomen, but adhesions can appear all over the place..

interesting question!!! AND NOW... you get to give us the real answer after you see your surgeon!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #3  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default c-section

I've had 2 C-sections - and as jiffy stated the doctor said it may/may not be a problem. She is going to start laparoscopically and abandon the procedure to an open if it poses a significant problem.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:29 PM   #4  
Slowly going crazy!

I've had 3 c-sections and had a AGB placed laproscopically. My surgeon didn't mention having any problems with scar tissue when he did my surgery.
Although, all my section cuts were done on the bikini line, not vertically, I suppose that 'may' cause some concern.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:08 PM   #5  

Thanks Amy! My incisions were bikini line too... AS IF!

Patty
Old 01-20-2003, 09:30 AM   #6  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot ...

nope - not for me. My incision was vertical.

But obviously didn't matter to me ... I wasn't going to wear a bikini ... EVER. :O)

Leanna
Old 01-28-2003, 10:47 PM   #7  

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I have a question and am having trouble finding answers.

I have had 3 c-sections, the last one in 2000. I have lost 60+ lbs and am nearing my goal (phew!) BUT I have this baggy belly that won't disappear. Other parts of me (like rear end) are smaller than before kids but this belly thing is driving me crazy. Those lovely puckery stretch marks aren't making it look any better, either.

My own dr. (who I've only met twice in over a year) said I may just be stuck this way. I plan to lose another 10-15 lbs but am not optimistic. Is surgery really the only option to firm up this overhanging gut of mine?

Any ideas, thoughts, experiences, whatever would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Closed Thread