Ideal Protein Diet - Lowest Carb Items

View Full Version : Lowest Carb Items

AuburnKate
07-28-2011, 09:30 AM
What are the lowest carb IP items? I love the chocolate drink but just found out it is 9 grams carbs!

Also, what is the amount of carbs to stay under? I've heard different numbers...

petie
07-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I wasn't given a carb number or calorie count. Stick to the recommendations, follow the protocol.

thinkthin135
07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
What are the lowest carb IP items? I love the chocolate drink but just found out it is 9 grams carbs!

Also, what is the amount of carbs to stay under? I've heard different numbers...

I was never told what the carb count was for a day either but I do know that the RTD Chocolate shake which tastes just like the chocolate drink you refer to is only 4 or 5 carbs so much less than the chocolate drink. It is a little more expensive but not much.

niknakjack
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
My coaches say to stay under or around 30 carbs per day.

becca1978
07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
My coach didn't give me a carb limit to stay under. But she noticed one week that I was drinking the chocolate drinks. She said the RTD Chocolate shake and the wildberry yogurt drinks were better options.

I am not sure how they are counting the carbs, but my box of RTD Chocolate says 4 gr of Total Carbohydrate and 3 gr of Fiber.

jennydoodle
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I think that the Orange Drink has the least amount of carbs (1 or less). Also the lemon and butterscotch puddings are very low in carb counts as well (2-3 at most).

AuburnKate
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
thanks all!

Jennydoodle, in one week you have told me more than my coach did all lost fall when I did this diet!

I ate chocolate shakes for 2 meals a day ( I commute so its easy) -- maybe I should not do that! Also I tried your pudding muffins/cupcakes today and they were good!

Purrfect
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I think too it's under 30 carbs a day but it's a guideline, does vary with individuals. I think that's the basic goal for phase 1 and 2, tho. Overall a low carb diet is considered under 100 g a day, but that's in mx. It won't keep you in ketosis. For the weight loss phase.

It is surprising what good stuff you can eat that's low carb, too. When we get there!!

I

jennydoodle
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
I found this site to more valuable than the coaches. Mine is very nice and supportive, but she is a little dippy and at this point I feel more confident that I know more about the program than she does. :)

I am pretty sure that most of the drinks and the puddings are the lowest carb counts. I was surprised to see that the crispy cereal and omelette had 7 carbs each and the chocolate drink packet had 9. I am not sure how "magic" the 30 carb number is because essentially you could have (2) chocolate drinks and a restricted bar and be on plan and that would put you at roughly 33-35 carbs in IP packets alone.

What I try to do is just be smart about it and balance it out. If you like the chocolate drink, the ready made chocolate drink is delicious and is only 4 carbs. Also, the dark chocolate pudding can be made into a drink by add 10 oz. of water and I think that is 6-7 carbs. In the end, I think as long as you select 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted packet a day, you should be fine. But if I do have a chocolate drink, I try to balance it out by having a pudding or the orange drink as my other choice for the day.

Nads
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but here is a site that lists the carb count of IP items.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/ideal-protein/

AuburnKate
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I am glad to know that the ready made choc drink is only 4 carbs. I drink that on the way to work....I was scared i would have to give that up! I usually buy individual packets not boxes but my mom buys boxes of what she likes and I was reading the carbs.. I knew restricted items were more but i assumed most drinks and puddings were the same amount!! Next time I go shopping in my clinic's food closet, I will have to look at the boxes.

NADS, thanks for the IP list I needed one!

Gentlehyena
08-01-2011, 04:03 AM
not the most current list of IP products, but some of the standards are here on this "Nutritional Fact Sheet" PDF.
right here on 3 Fat Chicks.......
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184421-ideal-protein-diet-faq.html
On the first page, 5th post.
Hope that helps some!

cadenlevi
08-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Like Jenny said, you can make any of the puddings into shakes by adding more water and they have less carbs than the chocolate drink. The Chocolate drink from Nashua Nutrition had 3g of carbs (I haven't tried it yet but it's in my goodie bag to try this week!).

nikkib
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Like Jenny said, you can make any of the puddings into shakes by adding more water and they have less carbs than the chocolate drink. The Chocolate drink from Nashua Nutrition had 3g of carbs (I haven't tried it yet but it's in my goodie bag to try this week!).

Is the chocolate drink from Nashua made with sucralose? I have not found one from Nashua that is that low carb and is not made with aspertame :( . I would LOVE, LOVE to find one from there that is!! So far I get my chocolate fix with the EAS Carb control but I have found it backs me up a little more than I would like... (sorry for TMI)

Porthardygurl
08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Ive done the RTD chocolate by newlifestyles..and it is goooood!..