South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #1  

Morning all - it's technically Thursday for me lol

I've had a few fits and starts on my SB, but I'm now seriously unhappy with my Mummy Tummy, so got to buckle down. Typing this whilst munching on a trio of boiled eggs - no toast, obviously. Work's been a bit mad which hasn't helped - I'm a recruiter for Avon in the UK - and my team have required some serious work recently!

Well done Jenski - when we've had takeout recently I've been super good - DH has pizza and I have a shish kebab and don't eat the pitta. Considering he's starting to get a little potbelly I'm thinking of roping him into a week on P1 with me. Problem being he hates all vegetables with a passion.

Hope everyone has a great day; I've got the kids off school so most of today will be park based. That is if the British Summer holds up for a few hours!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Oberon. I bet you didn't know you are the starter for the Daily. First one in here cranks it up. I didn't realize you HAD summer in Britain. Who knew? It sounds like you've made a good start to your day with eggs. I may do the same shortly.

Need some coffee. Back in a second.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #3  

woo at starting lol. That's the time difference right there!

Yeah, apparently there's a period where it's warmer. Usually last about 2 weeks - we all get a bit nuts and rush out to buy shorts & BBQs. Then it goes back to a sort of temperate dullness so the shorts get put in the drawer for next year and the BBQ rusts quietly in the shed.

Todays plan is going to be keeping the small people amused, salad for lunch and DH's making steak & ale pie for tea, so I'm having pie filling, mashed cauli and home-grown broccoli that the kids are going to pick later on. Excersize is probably going to be running around in the park and digging a new veg patch.

How's everything State-side ( and Canada, of course) today? We've been hearing a lot about the whole debt ceiling thing with lots of pretty pictures to try and explain in to us Brits lol. Personally I'm following the gearup to the presiddential elections, as we're planning on moving to Florida in a few years, and whoever gets in will be signing my visa lol

Obi x

Last edited by EverDecreasing; 07-28-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Yes, there is a five hour time difference for you and me but it's eight hours for the west coast folks. I think it's seven hours for Lexxis but I swear she never sleeps!

Why do I leave everything to the last minute? I thought this week was clear but the Mill audit is still going on. There's no problem, it's just complicated. I planned to spend a tranquil week getting ready for Linda's visit but it's not happening. She may have to clear the Christmas wrapping off her bed before she crawls in. Knowing Linda, she'd do that and probably find the sheets and make up her bed too!

Yesterday I made the mistake of checking my veggie garden. I have never seen so many weeds! I have pigweed and lamb's quarters up past my knees. Remind me next year that I can buy vegetables and do not need to plant the whole big plot. I have a small electric Mantis that would just choke to death on these monsters so I can see a lot of weed pulling in my future. I do know pigweed (amaranthus) and lamb's quarters (Chenopodium album) are both edible so maybe that's what I'll serve my guests next week.

Time to gather up the trash and trudge it out to the road. The sun is just up so I'll pause a bit out there to enjoy the morning. I hope everyone has a great day and can stop and smell the roses or pigweed - something green and growing anyhow!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, man, now I'm going to have to make my own bed at Ruth's, too! Mind if I tuck the wrapping paper in a corner of your bedroom?

Good morning, Oberon and Ruth. I'm enjoying your conversation while I quietly sip my first coffee.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Obi - Thanks for starting us up! If you could explain and clarify the whole debt ceiling thing, I'd appreciate it! I certainly know I don't want to pay more taxes, but who does ??!!

Ruth - I'll bet Linda will look cute wrapped in Christmas paper as she sleeps

Cottage - good morning! Hope you're enjoying your coffee!

I got my butt out of bed (albeit 20 min later than I planned) and had a lovely bike ride this morning. It might be a tad insane riding as the sun rises, but it's over! I dragged the laptop out on the back porch, enjoying the beautiful view of the field with the birds and groundhogs starting to play. And my dog is about shoving her soccer ball in my lap for me to throw it!

Off to work for a full day (although I think I have a lot of open appointments). Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, I'm happy to know that our former tenants have decided to make your yard their new home. Just don't evict them and send them back! And I think I would look cute in wrapping paper, as long as there's a big, red bow.

Maggie got some new nail polishes for her birthday, and today we're going to have a spa day. I'm going to give each girl's hair a trimming, then we're giving each other manicures and pedicures.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Morning, all. Very fun conversation today; love starting my day with a smile thank to you

Tonight I have dinner out with my book club. We take the summer off from our usual meetings and reading; people are too busy with other stuff, it seems. I'm still trying to lose the pound I gained at my dinner out Sunday. Lots of eating out in the coming weeks; not by my choice. I've started planning our drive to CA for next month... plotting possible hotel stays along the way depending on how far we feel we can drive each day. It's lots of work but makes it much easier on the road to have some options handy.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Today is lunch with my friend from 5th grade (and on!) and her Mom. I can't wait. She is bringing her 18 yr old daughter who I've never met. We plan some catch-up time for the two of us later. Other than that a bike ride this morning and then a mellow day.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
I'm a late check in today - slept until 7am! Camp called yesterday afternoon to say my son was sick, and asked that I keep him home today as he was running a fever. We'd kept him home on Tuesday and started an antibiotic, and yesterday morning he seemed fine so I sent him to camp, but that still didn't stop me from feeling neglectful. Anyway, I'm home with him today, and determined that he is going to have a very quiet, restful time with only one Sponge Bob movie allowed.

Steps were finalized yesterday for me to change my schedule for the fall - yay. My book club last night was really fun (we are reading "Why Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Rabbi Harold Kushner). I'm wondering if it will continue after we read this book. It's at a church that's not my own, but of the same denomination.

Hope everyone has a great day...I'll be here "quietly" doing laundry and somethings around the house.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

My day is mellowing out a bit. I started to lug out the trash but my young neighbour spotted me and did it for me. He even lifted a heavy bin into my car to be dropped off at Goodwill!

Just got an email that a dear lady here in the village has "passed" - I hate that euphemism! Charlotte was 92 and very frail so it's no big surprise and she kept saying she was ready to go. The visitation is tomorrow and funeral is Saturday and of course I'm on the cooking list for "the lunch". Luckily I have a large lasagna in the freezer. It was for Pyper emergencies but will do just fine. The Pypers are inclined to arrive with very short notice - "We've just passed the Delta sign - see you shortly"!!! They are supposed to come up for the day either Saturday or Sunday. Brace yourself, Linda, for the Hyper Pypers! And you will be pleased to know the stuff is off your bed.

Twynn, a sunrise bike ride sounds good. That's the best part of the day, IMHO.

Waisting Time, funny but my Book Club reads more in the summer. We only meet monthly but swap books a lot. Loved "The Help" and was sorry to finish it.

Cyndi, sounds like a good old girls reunion is about to happen. It's always interesting to see old friend's children. I'm looking forward to seeing Linda's daughter and grandaughter again - Linda too, of course!

Matilda, raising my coffee mug to a quiet at home day for you and a speedy recovery for the young lad. Good news about the working hours change!

My second cup of coffee is kicking in, the washer has just stopped, the dogs are back in bed, the Tylenol is working so I'm cranking up my day.

Enjoy yours!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #12  
New2disButTrue2dis

S/C/G: 185/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Morning All I May Have A Rough Day Today...... Im On 970 Calorie Intake So Lets See How That Goes.......just Ate 710 For Breakfast.... I Guess Its Oatmeal For Lunch And A Bananna For Dinner..... Then Im Going Walking After My Nail Appt!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

970 calories is very low. Are you following South Beach or another plan?
Just checked and see you posted in MRC. ????
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies! No real news other than being 3/4 of the way done with thesis. Going to back to it! Have a good Thursday.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I did sleep a little bit last night and have spent my morning consoling DH. He has a bad hip and these past few days really aggravated it. Ouch. Mom needs her kitchen cleaned so I'm off to do that. We would have left for the Western Slope later today but mom informed me yesterday that she's having her carpet cleaned tomorrow and she needs all the furniture moved out on the porch...then back in. (Oh, by the way….) Food was great until last night when I calmed my irritation with cookies. Oh, well, it's a new day.

Thanks for getting us started, Oberon. It's nice you're here and I look forward to getting to know you better. I hope your British Summer is holding up for you today.

Ruth, we keep waiting for that tranquil week, too, and it just never happens. We've got company coming, too, and the house is all cluttered (again!!). I pull the lamb's quarters all the time and just can't seem to get in the frame of mind to eat it. I hope you pause for a moment today.

Linda, I wish I could join you all for spa day!

Twynn, I love biking in the wee hours when it's cool. I hope your work day is uneventful.

Karen, I was just thinking how special your trip will be as you take DS to Cali. Have you all driven that route before? My sis is staying 17 days and we'll spend 5 nights in Santa Fe. Not much Summer left, it seems.

Cyndi, enjoy your mellow day and a catch up visit with your friend.

Matilda, I hope DS is feeling better soon. I'm thinking I'd like to pick up that book...I've heard about it for some time.

Time2GetFine82, take care with those low cals…

jenne, geez, being 3/4 finished with your thesis is BIG NEWS!
Closed Thread