Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat-July 28th

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat-July 28th

Jasesgirl
07-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/quote]

Jasesgirl
07-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Welcome everyone...sorry.. i couldnt wait.. i needed to begin the new daily chat..couldnt help myself.. i didnt want to post at the end of yesterdays at 1am this morning..which is the time currently here where i live..

Well i had another scale victory! Down another pound today..woot ! I also had an NSV.. i call this the "i tried a new veggie and loved it" victory.. i also had a water victory.. i got down 4 litres today instead of just 3..and i tried the recipe for the kohlrabi fries..mmm..feels like your cheating but your not!!!

I got to have the chocolate soy snacks today..mmmmm..yum!! definitly a new fave!

Anywho..im off to bed now..backwards hey? and will pop in later to say hi to yall..!

Have a great day!

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Welcome everyone...sorry.. i couldnt wait.. i needed to begin the new daily chat..couldnt help myself.. i didnt want to post at the end of yesterdays at 1am this morning..which is the time currently here where i live..

Thanks for starting the daily thread. In the future, please "quote" the thread before copying... then copy the HTML code. That way, the links will all work.

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Well i had another scale victory! Down another pound today..woot ! I also had an NSV.. i call this the "i tried a new veggie and loved it" victory.. i also had a water victory.. i got down 4 litres today instead of just 3..and i tried the recipe for the kohlrabi fries..mmm..feels like your cheating but your not!!!

I got to have the chocolate soy snacks today..mmmmm..yum!! definitly a new fave!

Anywho..im off to bed now..backwards hey? and will pop in later to say hi to yall..!

Have a great day!
Congrats! and you were able to sleep with all that energy???? Have an awesome day, I still need to try the kohlrabi, but am now addicted to the "kale chips", couldn't keep my family out of them!!! Taking my son shopping in Orlando today, and have a ziploc packed full of them in case I have an emergency to keep me on track!!

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning, or maybe Buenos dias is better (have to get back in teaching mode!! (I am a Spanish teacher, headed back Monday :() So.....felt mad, ticked off getting dressed this morning, I KNOW The diet is working and have WI #2 tomorrow, but putting my bra on I just wanted to sling it across the room, like cramming Gallon jugs in a 1/2 gallon container......ughhhhh, I literally almost ripped the darn thing off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time I have felt that way since begining, but I had to remind myself, this is why you are on the diet, if you go off, it will prolong the losing....not that I though of going off, but it put me in a bad mood to start the day.
Headed to Orlando outlets today to take my 9 year old boy shopping and have lunch packed, my kale chips in a baggie (my new FAV)..... I know I will do fine, but just HOPE I have a decent weigh in, feeling just depressed about my weight.... Hope you all have a GREAT OP day :D

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 08:57 AM
I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 152... I see some 140's in my future.

I'm starting to think about my 40th birthday (end of November). My parents asked me what I wanted to do. I've never been on a cruise. Thoughts? We have one child (he will be 4). I've heard that Disney is great for kids, and that other cruiselines charge for kids activities whereas Disney everything is included. Any advice appreciated. We live in VA, so would go from Baltimore, Norfolk, or Florida.

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 152... I see some 140's in my future.

I'm starting to think about my 40th birthday (end of November). My parents asked me what I wanted to do. I've never been on a cruise. Thoughts? We have one child (he will be 4). I've heard that Disney is great for kids, and that other cruiselines charge for kids activities whereas Disney everything is included. Any advice appreciated. We live in VA, so would go from Baltimore, Norfolk, or Florida.
Disney Cruises are not doubt the BEST!!!!!!!! We live in Florida, and have been on 2. We have also been on Carnival (MUCH less $$$) and Carnival also has kids activities @ no costs as long as they are not toddlers/in diapers. BTW Disney does charge for toddlers/infants to babysit. I would go to Carnival and Royal Carribean and verify that information. No doubt Disney is TOP notch (We have done 2 7 day cruises), but it is ALOT more $$ and if Carnival/Royal offers the services, you could use the extra $$ saved on excursions. However, if you and your family are HUGE Disney fans, there are characters on board for meet and greets and they come in the kid's clubs (spend the night w/ Wendy reading stories and playing with Peter Pan/Captain HOOk, etc....) HOpe this helps.....

whirlybird68
07-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Good morning all, have never been on a cruise so no insight on that. It has been a long work week. I keep thinking its Friday. The headache I had for the first 12 days has finally been relieved for the most part, thank God. As long as I stay away from the acesulfane potassium ip products. I believe I will have a good wi after my failure on week 2 wi. It's time for me to replenish my veggies. I'm down to hardly nothing at this point. Sams club here I come. Have the best day ladies!

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Calee,,,, yesterday you posted you dove into your chicken patty, could you tell me how you prepared? I am assuming NOT a bought pre breaded one... Thanks...

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Disney Cruises are not doubt the BEST!!!!!!!! We live in Florida, and have been on 2. We have also been on Carnival (MUCH less $$$) and Carnival also has kids activities @ no costs as long as they are not toddlers/in diapers. BTW Disney does charge for toddlers/infants to babysit. I would go to Carnival and Royal Carribean and verify that information. No doubt Disney is TOP notch (We have done 2 7 day cruises), but it is ALOT more $$ and if Carnival/Royal offers the services, you could use the extra $$ saved on excursions. However, if you and your family are HUGE Disney fans, there are characters on board for meet and greets and they come in the kid's clubs (spend the night w/ Wendy reading stories and playing with Peter Pan/Captain HOOk, etc....) HOpe this helps.....

Thanks! Carnival goes out of Norfolk, and we can drive there. Florida would mean a flight... which adds to the cost. I'm exploring a 2-day cruise to nowhere as an intro. That would allow us to see if we like cruising, see how the kid does, etc. Now that he's potty trained I know that we have a lot more options...

JoLoMN
07-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I've also never been on a cruise, so cannot help there - but hope you and your family enjoy! Hope everyone has an OP day!

petie
07-28-2011, 09:41 AM

Cruise lines charge for after hours babysitting, as I would think Disney does too. There are daily activities for all age groups onboard and it may be uncertain how well received bigger than life-sized characters are to a 4 year old or a 40 year old. Your birthday is an excellent time to cruise though, find a screaming deal and have a blast.

M0vingon
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Good morning Ipers!

I'm doing well here. I feel lazy because I'm only working 2 days this week and tomorrow I'm off to my girlfriend's house to lay by her pool for the weekend. She's turning 40, so she sent the husband and kids away for the weekend and invited the BFFs up. This is also the weekend that I was planning a cheat meal as she hired a chef to come in and prep us a spectacular meal. I've been mulling it over for weeks and I'm going to do the best I can to stay OP, but for that meal only I will allow myself a taste of off plan foods- just a taste, mind you.
I've been buying some clothes lately and even though I'm in the 190s still, I am wearing mediums and 12s. I haven't been in a 12 in 15 years. The more I get used to myself like this, the more I think that another 20 lbs will be my limit. My original goal is 150, but I will be very happy at 170ish. I need to exercise now and get- in particular, my abs- back in shape. So, my plan is to aim for 170 and a great personal trainer- if it's a man and he's hot, that's a bonus :)

Bellamack
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning all, have never been on a cruise so no insight on that. It has been a long work week. I keep thinking its Friday. The headache I had for the first 12 days has finally been relieved for the most part, thank God. As long as I stay away from the acesulfane potassium ip products. I believe I will have a good wi after my failure on week 2 wi. It's time for me to replenish my veggies. I'm down to hardly nothing at this point. Sams club here I come. Have the best day ladies!

Which packets contain that? I buy individual packets so don't have the ingredient info. thank you

murleya1
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I need to exercise now and get- in particular, my abs- back in shape. So, my plan is to aim for 170 and a great personal trainer- if it's a man and he's hot, that's a bonus :)

Oh a hot man trainer would be bonus. :^:

murleya1
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
So my discovery this week, either my office suddenly got cold, or this diet has caused me to feel cold at temps that I would not have normally been cold.

NSV this morning. I went to put on my belt to hold up my pants that are getting too big. Well the belt needed a belt to hold it up. So I cut a new hole in my belt. Wow did that feel good. It is about 2 inches in from the smallest hole it had! Even the new hole is a little loose. I am trying to prolong the buying of new clothes as long as I can.

ItsAboutTime
07-28-2011, 10:42 AM

Way to go on nearly hitting the 140s! :carrot: I've never been on a Disney cruise but we've watched the dvds on them because we really want to some day. If you go to WDW website they have dvds you can request if you want to learn more.

damascho
07-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Feeling disgusting about my weight loss today. I am up to 145! Not a clue how that happened. I did eat a HUGE salad last night around 8, but geesh. My body is so weird these days. I really have to be careful what I put in it. I have been mixing my protein shakes with Unsweetened almond milk (40 calories and 1 carb per cup), but surely that wouldn't have an effect on my weight loss. My classes start up this fall and I want to be at my goal by then! Bahahaha, that's almost laughable. I'll just keep on truckin'. Have a great, protein filled day!!!:D

cadenlevi
07-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Having a great day so far! We are having an office going away party today at work. The big boss decided to cater in mexican food which normally would be an issue with me. BUT they ordered from a place that makes me sick everytime I eat it so I won't be tempted to cheat LOL. Other than that, I got on the scale this morning and weighed 152.2. I was hoping to be in the 140s by my next weigh in, but realized that something I was drinking had the bad sweetner in it. Needless to say, I stopped drinking it and despite that, I should still be down about 3 pounds at my next weigh in. I also ordered some food from Nashua Nutrition and it should be here Sat. Here's to hoping it tastes good!! OH!!! Tomorrow is a big day - I'm going to try on my wedding dress again. I have lost 20 pounds since I bought it (I wasn't happy with the way I looked in it but the dress is beautiful so I dedicated my self to lose weight instead) and I need to see how much more I want to lose so I can plan the date. I know, I shouldn't plan my date around my weight loss, but this is the one and only wedding I am going to have so I want to look my best :D. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

ItsAboutTime
07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Good morning. Had a late night last night 9picked my brother up at the airport and hit flight didn't get in until 12:04) but my girls don't care and sounded like a heard of elephants dancing around in the living room this morning. Going to head to the shower and then over to my grandma's for the day with my kids and my brother.

Down 3.6 for the week for a total of 19 in 5 weeks. Was hoping to hit 20 but I'll get there soon enough. This keeps me right on track with the 3.8 average.

calee
07-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Calee,,,, yesterday you posted you dove into your chicken patty, could you tell me how you prepared? I am assuming NOT a bought pre breaded one... Thanks...

Hi Josey,

I bought the Don Lee Farms Chicken Patties from Costco. They come six to a package and aren't frozen. It's 190 calories, 2 carbs, 32 protein, 6 fat. I have a new Zojirushi indoor grill that I prepared it on. The patty isn't breaded. I have to admit that I rediscovered that I really don't like chicken patties and couldn't eat more than 1/2 of one. Since I live alone, I'll be eating these some so that they don't get wasted. Maybe I can top it with something to make it more palatable. I think I'll try WF BBQ sauce on it tonight for a change.

disgal
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Yay to almost being in the 140's!!! :carrot: I am hoping to see the 160's soon!! I can't help you with Disney Cruise ideas....only WDW ideas...LOL!!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do!!:)Good morning Ipers!

I'm doing well here. I feel lazy because I'm only working 2 days this week and tomorrow I'm off to my girlfriend's house to lay by her pool for the weekend. She's turning 40, so she sent the husband and kids away for the weekend and invited the BFFs up. This is also the weekend that I was planning a cheat meal as she hired a chef to come in and prep us a spectacular meal. I've been mulling it over for weeks and I'm going to do the best I can to stay OP, but for that meal only I will allow myself a taste of off plan foods- just a taste, mind you.
I've been buying some clothes lately and even though I'm in the 190s still, I am wearing mediums and 12s. I haven't been in a 12 in 15 years. The more I get used to myself like this, the more I think that another 20 lbs will be my limit. My original goal is 150, but I will be very happy at 170ish. I need to exercise now and get- in particular, my abs- back in shape. So, my plan is to aim for 170 and a great personal trainer- if it's a man and he's hot, that's a bonus :)

Your weekend getaway sounds like a DREAM!!! Enjoy it!!! I'm with you on the exercise thing...I stopped working out when I started IP because I was afraid the scale would slow down! EEK! I'm thinking 170 may be my goal weight (well, I really want to say I'm in the 160's), and I'm eager to get back to the gym! It will be interesting to see how my weight will fluctuates when I'm back into the groove again!! Best wishes!!:D

Hope everyone has a great IP day!!!!:carrot:

murleya1
07-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Good morning. Had a late night last night 9picked my brother up at the airport and hit flight didn't get in until 12:04) but my girls don't care and sounded like a heard of elephants dancing around in the living room this morning. Going to head to the shower and then over to my grandma's for the day with my kids and my brother.

Down 3.6 for the week for a total of 19 in 5 weeks. Was hoping to hit 20 but I'll get there soon enough. This keeps me right on track with the 3.8 average.

Enjoy time with your brother. And fantastic average! Great job keep up the great work.

colley
07-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Good morning all. Had a huge NSV today. I was getting dressed this morning for work and the dress capri pants I wore only 2 weeks ago, just literally fell off!!!! As happy as it was, that was another item that went in the "too big for me bag" and now i definitely need to go shopping this weekend, was really trying hard to wait for another 20 lbs ish before shopping, but ahhh well!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

calee
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Good Morning,

Today is Day 4 for me. Last night I felt too exhausted to walk my 3.5 walk, but then at midnight I was wide awake. I'm still drinking 1 cup of Earl Grey at 6am but I'm going to try to detox off the caffiene in it this weekend. Ketosis keeps me awake longer at night so I don't need added caffiene in the mix. I peeked at the scale this morning. After first 3 days using alternative products, down 1.8 pounds. I'm hoping to make that a lot more by my first WI on Monday. I don't forsee any challenges today. Tonight is my 1 hour Pilates class that I always look forward to.

Have a fun day!

Celticgirl
07-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I am in a bit of a panic today. Been 100% OP for 19 days and losing slowly. Because I''ve had a stressful week and there is an impending stressful tomorrow by boyfriend wants to take me to a new Mexican restaurant that opened up. This is truly my first challenge. He's supportive of my program but he really just doesn't get it.

I purused the menu online....Am ok with fajita steak or chicken (without the fixings); taco salad (without the "bowl").... Any help would be appreciated.

My head is spinning trying to analyze my choices :stars:

OMG it's going to be hard not to indulge in a margarita.

rachelearth
07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by rachelearth
Day 1 is almost over for me. It wasn't an easy day! I can't wait for next week when my craving will be over and I wouldn't feel hungry a good 1/2 of the day!

Welcome, try drinking water when you get hungry or take extra lettuce to munch on when you are hungry... also herbal tea helps you feel full as well. Good luck, you have picked a good program.

Thank you so much for your advice. I have already washed my lettuce and I am going to load up on that once I got hungry like yesterday. What did differently today was when I woke up I drank 3 cups of water and had my breakfast around 8 instead of 7. So I am anticipating getting hungry just before noon hopefully.

Well i had another scale victory! Down another pound today..woot !

Thank you Jasesgirl for starting the daily thread. CONGRATULATIONS on losing another pound. Way to go.

Wow, that is so great. You are almost out of 150s. GREAT JOB. You are an inspiration.

Good morning Ipers!

GREAT JOB. Size mediums and 12s. Can't wait to fit into mine size 12 cloths.

Having a great day so far!
I got on the scale this morning and weighed 152.2. I was hoping to be in the 140s by my next weigh in, but realized that something I was drinking had the bad sweetner in it. Needless to say, I stopped drinking it and despite that, I should still be down about 3 pounds at my next weigh in.

I'm going to try on my wedding dress again. I have lost 20 pounds since I bought it (I wasn't happy with the way I looked in it but the dress is beautiful so I dedicated my self to lose weight instead) and I need to see how much more I want to lose so I can plan the date.

Glad that you found out about your drink sooner rather than later. You would be in the 140s in no time.
Wow 20 pounds, I bet you are going to see such a difference on how the dress fits you. Good luck.

That is such a great rate. Congratulations.

Good morning all. Had a huge NSV today. I was getting dressed this morning for work and the dress capri pants I wore only 2 weeks ago, just literally fell off!!!! As happy as it was, that was another item that went in the "too big for me bag" and now i definitely need to go shopping this weekend, was really trying hard to wait for another 20 lbs ish before shopping, but ahhh well!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Congratulations. Going shopping when you have lost weight is so good. Have fun.

Good Morning,

Today is Day 4 for me.
After first 3 days using alternative products, down 1.8 pounds.

Have a great 4th day. Great job so far. Today is my second day and even though I wanted so bad to know how much I have lost I decided not to step on the scale yet, so that I don't get discouraged. I am going to follow you and step on the scale on the fourth day.

Have a great OP day everyone.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-28-2011, 11:22 AM

I'm starting to think about my 40th birthday (end of November). My parents asked me what I wanted to do. I've never been on a cruise. Thoughts? We have one child (he will be 4). I've heard that Disney is great for kids, and that other cruiselines charge for kids activities whereas Disney everything is included. Any advice appreciated. We live in VA, so would go from Baltimore, Norfolk, or Florida.I went on a Disney cruise one of the first years they came out. I enjoyed it immensely, I don't have kids but you hardly saw any kids during the cruise except for dinner and at castaway cay, I loved snorkeling at castaway cay and got some great underwater pictures, I want to cruise again as we took the 3 days disney world and 4 day cruise package, would like to do a 7 to 10 day cruise next. Good luck.

So my discovery this week, either my office suddenly got cold, or this diet has caused me to feel cold at temps that I would not have normally been cold.

NSV this morning. I went to put on my belt to hold up my pants that are getting too big. Well the belt needed a belt to hold it up. So I cut a new hole in my belt. Wow did that feel good. It is about 2 inches in from the smallest hole it had! Even the new hole is a little loose. I am trying to prolong the buying of new clothes as long as I can. Yep welcome to the cold, the nice thing is it helps with the heat of the summer.... the bad thing wearing sweaters indoors... when the weather is hot. I like to think it is because of all the insulation that is no longer on our bodies that this is why we are cold.

NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me, and that she had been worried that I would have a whole bunch of health problems at my old weight, but didn't know how to talk to me about it. It is nice to know she was worried, but she is right I probably would have thought she was picking on me, as I was very sensitive about how much I weigh.

Have a great day all and keep up the losing.:hug:

Bellamack
07-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Feeling disgusting about my weight loss today. I am up to 145! Not a clue how that happened. I did eat a HUGE salad last night around 8, but geesh. My body is so weird these days. I really have to be careful what I put in it. I have been mixing my protein shakes with Unsweetened almond milk (40 calories and 1 carb per cup), but surely that wouldn't have an effect on my weight loss. My classes start up this fall and I want to be at my goal by then! Bahahaha, that's almost laughable. I'll just keep on truckin'. Have a great, protein filled day!!!:D

Hmmm, I don't think you are supposed to have the Almond Milk, even though it is low-carb. Experienced IPers ?

brummie
07-28-2011, 11:39 AM
NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me, and that she had been worried that I would have a whole bunch of health problems at my old weight, but didn't know how to talk to me about it. It is nice to know she was worried, but she is right I probably would have thought she was picking on me, as I was very sensitive about how much I weigh.

I just saw your progress pics....wow what a difference from last year! You definately need to put that outfit in your 'too big' donation bag! Congratulations, you look awesome....so proud of you! (PS - rebels a cutie!!)

brummie
07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Hmmm, I don't think you are supposed to have the Almond Milk, even though it is low-carb. Experienced IPers ?

I had asked my coach about almond milk when I first started this diet (mainly because I didn't think I could live without it...which i've found I can!). She told me to treat it like my daily milk allowance (ie, just enough to add to my coffee) and no more. I don't know if this will help, because I didn't ask her for an explanation (probably because she just stares at me blankly when I ask her anything that isn't explained on the protocol sheet!).
I would definately try to cut it out for a week to see if it makes a difference.

rachelearth
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST

Have a great day all and keep up the losing.
I just saw your progress pics....wow what a difference from last year! You definately need to put that outfit in your 'too big' donation bag! Congratulations, you look awesome....so proud of you! (PS - rebels a cutie!!)

Met too, 2RIDEROLLERCOAST, I just saw your progress pictures. What a difference. CONGRADULATIONS. Truly an inspiration.

Watkat
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I went on a Disney cruise one of the first years they came out. I enjoyed it immensely, I don't have kids but you hardly saw any kids during the cruise except for dinner and at castaway cay, I loved snorkeling at castaway cay and got some great underwater pictures, I want to cruise again as we took the 3 days disney world and 4 day cruise package, would like to do a 7 to 10 day cruise next. Good luck.

Yep welcome to the cold, the nice thing is it helps with the heat of the summer.... the bad thing wearing sweaters indoors... when the weather is hot. I like to think it is because of all the insulation that is no longer on our bodies that this is why we are cold.

Oh, my gosh!! I just saw your before and after pics!!
You look AMAZING!! So TINY!!
Congratulations you are doing such an incredible job!!:cp::bravo::cp::cheer:

leganegan
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Agreed, you are only allowed 1oz of skim milk. I just use a splash in my cuban coffee. Check the sugar count in that almond milk, I am sure that is slowing the loss

leganegan
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
So I must say, I love reading about your challenges and successes each day, I think it's my new habit replacing bad carbs and fat! :)
I must admit, I probably should read so much at work, but I can't help it! :)
So last night I sent to Ceviche, a tapas place here in tampa… my first eating out experience. I fear going out, which is silly, but I hate not being in control of the kitchen and I swear the waiter thought I had some weird disease with how obsessed I was with the preparation of dishes.
I had the tuna with jalapeño, hot sauce cilantro and lime in a margarita glass and then I had 2 skewers with chicken 2 bites of filet and chorizo. I had to send it back once because of the brown sauce on it, it totally looked thickened, he swore it was “the meat juice”. I came home and had my veggies because I didn’t want to spend a fortune on what I already had at home. I ate it a little late, but at least I got it in and stayed up at least 2 hours.
Does anyone have their IP snack before dinner instead of after dinner? How does it affect your loses? I might do that today because I have a Chamber event after work, probably won’t be able to eat dinner there and so I will have to eat late at home.
Ugh and I still have more eating out this week. Dinner with high school friends tomorrow and sushi with out of town guest Saturday. Monday’s 2nd weigh in might not be fun! It’s stressing me out! But I refuse to be a hermit.

p.s. today is my co-worker/bosses' birthday, I bought Greenwise Publix cupcakes, look delish and I can't eat them. That's love. haha.
:dust:

jordanna
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts :(

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again :)

Ishbel
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I went on a Disney cruise one of the first years they came out. I enjoyed it immensely, I don't have kids but you hardly saw any kids during the cruise except for dinner and at castaway cay, I loved snorkeling at castaway cay and got some great underwater pictures, I want to cruise again as we took the 3 days disney world and 4 day cruise package, would like to do a 7 to 10 day cruise next. Good luck.

Yep welcome to the cold, the nice thing is it helps with the heat of the summer.... the bad thing wearing sweaters indoors... when the weather is hot. I like to think it is because of all the insulation that is no longer on our bodies that this is why we are cold.

Those funny sisters! When I was having my 'meltdown' over fear of sucess I called my sister and she gave me the same peptalk. Gotta love those girls! :)

Your tracker is something I watch for, thanks for being one of my inspirations! You have such a change in your pictures! Well done! :carrot:

Ishbel
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Ladies, Gents at al!

I'm looking for the website that was posted a while back. I'm not sure where, I just know it was in the IP section. It's the website that you can plug your height and weight into and see pictures of different body shapes of people your height and weight. Helps with body image. I thought it was the coolest site but I forgot to bookmark it and it came up in conversation last night.

I hope you are all having a wonderful IP week. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my 19 year old cousin who's coming for a visit. Amazing that a 19 year old 'boy' wants (or is willing?) to hang out with me. Of course at 35 I'm more like the Auntie I'm sure HAHAHA. We're going to a rider stamps game on Saturday, he cheers for the stamps. Can't wait to see how the sea of green responds to his red clothing. HAHAHA

(Canadian Football - Saskatchewan Roughriders - my avatar).

Have a great day! :D

Carla

PS: GO RIDERS!

lboogs311
07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Jordanna, I just spit my water out!!! oh my!!!! It has almost happened to me at the grocery store too....eeek! Oh well! It is surely a NSV!!! Way to go on moving down a size!

rachelearth
07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts :(

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again :)

I am so sorry you got embarrassed today, but you have done such a great job losing so far. You might like to consider getting one of those rectangle long scarves and use it as a belt when your size 16s are going to fall off of you in no time.

M0vingon
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Girl, you have to start using a cart so you hang on to your pants! ;) Just think- you will never see any of those people again. It's still a mark of your success- although a bittersweet one. Congrats on cracking into the old, smaller clothes stores! :hug::hug:

jd447
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
2RIDEROLLERCOAST - Just took a look at your updated photos. Wow! Look at those collarbones!! :dancer:

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Ladies, Gents at al!

I'm looking for the website that was posted a while back. I'm not sure where, I just know it was in the IP section. It's the website that you can plug your height and weight into and see pictures of different body shapes of people your height and weight. Helps with body image. I thought it was the coolest site but I forgot to bookmark it and it came up in conversation last night.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

TWoww
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM

First you lose your pants at work and now Walmart!!! LOL, too funny. I wonder if you could use like a scarf-type belt? Great NSV all the same!!:carrot:

M0vingon
07-28-2011, 01:15 PM
2RIDE
Being Ms not-so-observant, I missed that your pics were updated until everyone started commenting. WOW! That photo of you in the dress from the wedding is amazing! You're amazing!

colley
07-28-2011, 01:21 PM

OMG that would be mortifying!!! At least mine fell down at home before I could leave the house!!! But at the same time YAY and congrats!!!!

sandyh50
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Oh my, what an experience! I would write in my journal about that and maybe scrapbook it! I am glad you are back in your size 16's again! Thank goodness for the smaller sized clothes!

wuv2bloved
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Josey,

I bought the Don Lee Farms Chicken Patties from Costco. They come six to a package and aren't frozen. It's 190 calories, 2 carbs, 32 protein, 6 fat. I have a new Zojirushi indoor grill that I prepared it on. The patty isn't breaded. I have to admit that I rediscovered that I really don't like chicken patties and couldn't eat more than 1/2 of one. Since I live alone, I'll be eating these some so that they don't get wasted. Maybe I can top it with something to make it more palatable. I think I'll try WF BBQ sauce on it tonight for a change.

I don't know if you have a Walmart where you are but in the meat section NOT the frozen section there are packs of Tyson chicken and steak packs that are 6oz a bag and some are 8 ozs. Here the 6oz bag is $2.50 and the 8oz bag is $2.96. Its quick and easy, its precooked so basically just heat and serve. I pan fry it then throw it on top of a salad, or brown the steak and throw in my cauliflower rice and pan fry them together yummy! SInce its already premeasured and precooked it doesn't take long to prepare the meal!

Ishbel
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm sorry jordanna, that would have made me cry. :hug: GF I agree with another poster, you need a couple of scarfs to use as a belt.

Thanks for the website link Pxlkitty4! :D

jennydoodle
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Good Morning,

Today is Day 4 for me. Last night I felt too exhausted to walk my 3.5 walk, but then at midnight I was wide awake. I'm still drinking 1 cup of Earl Grey at 6am but I'm going to try to detox off the caffiene in it this weekend. Ketosis keeps me awake longer at night so I don't need added caffiene in the mix. I peeked at the scale this morning. After first 3 days using alternative products, down 1.8 pounds. I'm hoping to make that a lot more by my first WI on Monday. I don't forsee any challenges today. Tonight is my 1 hour Pilates class that I always look forward to.

Have a fun day!

I detoxed off of caffeine years ago and would like to give you a tip. I would start today (best case) or tomorrow. It is not actually the first day or so that you feel the withdrawal, it is the 2-4 day. When I did it, I started on Thursday and felt fine all day. Friday was ok, by Friday afternoon was starting to get a headache and by Saturday and Sunday it was full blown. I definitely timed it that way on purpose so that the worst of it would be over the weekend and not while I was working.

Also, do not really plan on doing much but sleeping through it. The headaches are truly tough and I pretty much slept on the sofa all weekend long :o Drink lots and lots of water and try to stay away from chocolate also. Keep on pushing through and once you are on the other side, it feels great!

sandyh50
07-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Have a great day!

I am going to have to try the kohlrabi fries!! Sounds delish! Great job on all your victories!

jennydoodle
07-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I am in a bit of a panic today. Been 100% OP for 19 days and losing slowly. Because I''ve had a stressful week and there is an impending stressful tomorrow by boyfriend wants to take me to a new Mexican restaurant that opened up. This is truly my first challenge. He's supportive of my program but he really just doesn't get it.

I purused the menu online....Am ok with fajita steak or chicken (without the fixings); taco salad (without the "bowl").... Any help would be appreciated.

For me, the worst part is the chips and salsa. The Mexican place we go to makes an incredible steak salad. It is basically a huge salad with lots of lettuce and their steak. It also has tomatoes and avocados but I always leave them off. See if they have a salad and you get steak or chicken, or like you said the taco salad on a bed of lettuce, not in the bowl. Even before IP I got the steak salad all the time.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
I just saw your progress pics....wow what a difference from last year! You definately need to put that outfit in your 'too big' donation bag! Congratulations, you look awesome....so proud of you! (PS - rebels a cutie!!) Thank you, I just wanted to see the difference 6 months have made and after those pictures boy I can tell now... Rebel is very spoiled... Jewel is my good but old dog and camera shy.

Met too, 2RIDEROLLERCOAST, I just saw your progress pictures. What a difference. CONGRADULATIONS. Truly an inspiration.Thank you, if I can do it anyone can.... I can't wait for the continuation of my journey.

Oh, my gosh!! I just saw your before and after pics!!
You look AMAZING!! So TINY!!
Congratulations you are doing such an incredible job!!:cp::bravo::cp::cheer:Thank you, I still don't see me as tiny but skinnier... I think it will take a while to get use to this new body.

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again :) Jordanna I am sorry about your incident, I just about did the same thing today, forgot it was garbage day and went running out with the garbage as the truck was at the neighbors... I could feel them slipping luckily I was wearing a long t shirt, no one would have known.... and St albert isn't that big but you will be a topic for today and then someone else will hit the radar and you will be forgotten. You are doing great, when I first started in Feb, I read all your old postings, you were an inspiration to me and you still are. You will laugh about this later... sorry I did when I read it. Time to go to the good will and get different sizes, my friend says the one in St Albert all of the hockey wifes drop their clothes off there so you have a good quality of clothing to select from. :hug:

Those funny sisters! When I was having my 'meltdown' over fear of sucess I called my sister and she gave me the same peptalk. Gotta love those girls! :)

Your tracker is something I watch for, thanks for being one of my inspirations! You have such a change in your pictures! Well done! :carrot:yes my sister and i never really got along growing up but now that there are no parents, she is really important to me. She said it took a lot of will power to do what I was doing.... I never thought I had will power, it just shows that if you select the correct path anyone can do this. Have a great day. :hug:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST - Just took a look at your updated photos. Wow! Look at those collarbones!! :dancer:Collarbones I haven't seen since I was 16... it is so cool to have again... I look in the mirror and see the colloar bones and go YEAH I am going in the right direction.

2RIDE
Being Ms not-so-observant, I missed that your pics were updated until everyone started commenting. WOW! That photo of you in the dress from the wedding is amazing! You're amazing!Thank you Cindy, I think after the wedding and I saw the pictures is when I knew I had to do something... this has been an incredible journey. :hug:

wuv2bloved
07-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Down 3 lbs this week and another 3 inches. I am out of the 230's!!! whoot whoot.

:carrot::carrot::carrot: AWESOME job...keep it up!

kelly1962
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Another 3 lbs lost and 3 inches gone!! Mini milestone, by being out of the 230's!! And under the 100 lb to lose! I feel so good about myself and i love this forum everyone else's weight loss success helps to keep me motivated! Thanks everyone.

Princess Jessica
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM

That is so exciting! I LOVE cruises, and they are so affordable right now it is ridiculous. Especially when you consider all that is included. :)
I think most of the major cruise lines do free babysitting, but I am not sure. I have done Carnival and Norwegian, and they were both excellent. Now I want to go on a cruise....
Just to let you know, the site I used for both my cruises (And someone tell me if this breaks the no promoting other websites or links rule and I will remove it) is vacationstogo.com. You can search all the cruises on all the cruiselines where and when you wanna go, and they have always had the best discounts for me.
It will be so much fun!! Especially in your new body. :)

ItsAboutTime
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM

This almost just happened to me minutes ago! I was holding everything in my hands at the store and they fell further and further and I was thanks the Lord I had a longer shirt on so I dropped my stuff on the counter and hiked them up.

wuv2bloved
07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Another 3 lbs lost and 3 inches gone!! Mini milestone, by being out of the 230's!! And under the 100 lb to lose! I feel so good about myself and i love this forum everyone else's weight loss success helps to keep me motivated! Thanks everyone.

Are you participating in the summer challenge, Pxl created a spreadsheet and it lets you know the percentage you have lost of the amount you want to lose total. When I filled in my numbers yesterday I noticed that I have completed 11.83% of my goal which means I am over 10% of the way there...pretty impressive. Here is the link....anyone can add their name its a great way to keep track....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237789-ideal-protein-second-part-summer-spreadsheet-challenge.html

Joyflower
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Good Afternoon friends!!! Had a fair WI last night......2.8 for a total of 32!!!!! I will be glad to get out of the 230's soon! My first goal was to be down to 225 by end of August, and I believe that is a reality now!!!! I'm really happy and my husband has been supportive to an extent, but last night he finally told me he was proud of me!!! That brought me to tears!!! He's struggled with weight his whole life, worse then myself, and he kept warning me that I'll go back to heavy again, even told me not to get rid of my bigger clothes! I told him I wont need them again, and will only keep maternity stuff since we're hoping to have a 2nd little one in the future.

Anyway, glad to see so many victories all over the place!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 02:34 PM
That is so exciting! I LOVE cruises, and they are so affordable right now it is ridiculous. Especially when you consider all that is included. :)
I think most of the major cruise lines do free babysitting, but I am not sure. I have done Carnival and Norwegian, and they were both excellent. Now I want to go on a cruise....
Just to let you know, the site I used for both my cruises (And someone tell me if this breaks the no promoting other websites or links rule and I will remove it) is vacationstogo.com. You can search all the cruises on all the cruiselines where and when you wanna go, and they have always had the best discounts for me.

Ah, thank you, thank you... I've been searching like mad, but keep finding myself on screens that want me to provide personal information before I get the final price. GRRRRR.... Someone told me that the day camps for kids are normally included, but that the night-time stuff depends on the cruiseline. Someone said that Disney kids club went until midnight or something crazy like that. Not sure the information was right, and I haven't confirmed it anywhere.

CuteNcurls
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM

This seems to be a trend for you Jordanna. It did make me smile this morning and I needed that. I had a similar experience yesterday but at least I was home and just walking across the driveway. I'm struggling with changing to smaller clothes. I think it has something to do with my brain catching up to my body...I still don't think I'm getter smaller but I am and I need to realize it. I can't wear belts either so I totally know what you're going through :)

leganegan
07-28-2011, 04:46 PM

for your margarita I would have water with ice with some lime wedges. For food have: chicken, steak or shrimp with lettuce, onion, peppers, olive oil, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, bring your own dressing and salt have no shame.

cadenlevi
07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I survived the office luncheon unscathed!!! I didn't eat any chips and salsa, no cupcakes, no strawberries (this was the hardest one), I did though have one grilled strip of chicken and one grilled strip of beef. I had the pina colada drink for lunch and saved it for dessert :D. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Linden
07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
)

I can also recommend this site (without mentioning it) and if anyone's interested in sharing a cabin for a European cruise, please let me know. I can even put you up for a few nights in Berlin and trot you around the city. It would be great to have another IPer to plan cruise meals.

Also check out http://view.email.nlg.com/?j=fe6016797564017b7216&m=fecb157075600375&ls=fde

angell
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone i started the IP July 19 i lost 7 pounds the first week and only 1 pound the last 3 days has this happend to anyone else

Linden
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM

This is par for the course. And your blood pressure is probably down, too.

angell
07-28-2011, 06:08 PM
So can anyone give me some tips to stay motavated

brandam6
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

According to my ticker I made it to goal. Technically I still need to lose .8 lbs, but as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

I start Phase 3 tomorrow, I hope that I am not one of those people that gain on Phase 3. But I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait to have a banana. I have really missed them.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!

M0vingon
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

According to my ticker I made it to goal. Technically I still need to lose .8 lbs, but as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

I start Phase 3 tomorrow, I hope that I am not one of those people that gain on Phase 3. But I am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow. I can't wait to have a banana. I have really missed them.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!

Congrats! :yay:

futureskinnygirl
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
WI#2: Down another 4 pounds for a total of 13 in 2 weeks!:carrot:
Also 10 inches gone!

I found a good receipie that I really like and wanted to share it with all of you...

1 packet of plain crepe with 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix well. Bake in in small dish in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. Spray swith spray butter and add WF apricot on top! So good!

Ishbel
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

:congrat::cheer2::sunny::broc::cheer::trampo:

YAY! CONGRATS!!

cadenlevi
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

That is so awesome!! Congrats on your victory!! I hope you have a wonderful vacay next month :D

wuv2bloved
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone i started the IP July 19 i lost 7 pounds the first week and only 1 pound the last 3 days has this happend to anyone else

Awesome job on your first week loss. Try not to weigh yourself everyday because your body will do crazy stuff. Try to keep your WI's on your official WI day so that you don't get discouraged.

Motivation ...... reading this site and keeping yourself busy. Try not to think of everything you can't have and focus on this you can and how you can experiment with those things. If you look through the threads here I have created a thread for Mississippi/Louisiana IP user's, we have quiet a few in Louisiana only a few in Mississippi. I am hoping that maybe one day we can get a few of us together to have a meet and greet and to share stories. Drop by and say HI

sandyh50
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

Woohoo, congrats on making goal! I am excited to hear how things go on PHASE 3 For you!

Also 10 inches gone!

I found a good receipie that I really like and wanted to share it with all of you...

1 packet of plain crepe with 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix well. Bake in in small dish in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. Spray swith spray butter and add WF apricot on top! So good!

Wow, that's great! Keep up the good work!

pselias
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

:dancer: That's fabulous! The rest of us will live vicariously through you as you enjoy that first banana.

Sherwood
07-28-2011, 07:17 PM

NSV this morning. I went to put on my belt to hold up my pants that are getting too big. Well the belt needed a belt to hold it up. So I cut a new hole in my belt. Wow did that feel good. It is about 2 inches in from the smallest hole it had! Even the new hole is a little loose. I am trying to prolong the buying of new clothes as long as I can.

I went through a "cold" stage as well. Doesn't last too long, thankfully! Congrats on the NSV - have you considered the thrift store? My girlfriend suggested it and I was in buying size 13/14 jeans today for about $6 a pair. When I move to the next size, I'll donate these back, in the meantime, I look soooo much better without the baggy butt, thighs, etc. :D

disgal
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me...:hug:

Awwwwwwe!! :hug: That is so sweet!!!! Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

Oh gosh that's terrible!! So sorry!! But "woot woot" to fitting back into a 16!!:carrot:Another 3 lbs lost and 3 inches gone!! Mini milestone, by being out of the 230's!! And under the 100 lb to lose! I feel so good about myself and i love this forum everyone else's weight loss success helps to keep me motivated! Thanks everyone.

YAY FOR YOU!!!!! Congrats!!!!:carrot:WI today -1.4 lbs.

WOW!!! HOW AWESOME!!!! Congrats on a job well done!!! Can't wait to hear about what you eat for breakfast for the next 2 weeks!! Heehee!! Hubby and I will be starting Phase 3 in about a week....we are so pumped to have toast for breakfast!! :carrot:

patns
07-28-2011, 07:40 PM

And you still probably had more on than lots of people at Walmart!!

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 07:43 PM
HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.

rachelearth
07-28-2011, 08:25 PM
So can anyone give me some tips to stay motavated

I have been reading old posts and keep checking the posters’ stats. It is very motivating since you know they stayed with it even the weeks that they had small losses and now they are either at the goal or very close to it.
Good luck to you.

WI today -1.4 lbs.

Congratulations. You are going to do great in phase 3. I hope that I too would be able to celebrate making it to my goal in six months. Great job.

Also 10 inches gone!

Wow, you have done such a great job. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

HUGE victory today.

So... I went to the gym today for my pilates lesson. They had a guy with a body fat monitor and so, what the heck, I decided to check it out. It came with BMI of 24.9 = NORMAL and body fat percentage of 27% (average NOT obese). I was ecstatic! He asked me about the diet. I ended up talking about it a little more than normal. I've become very reclusive when people ask me, but somehow this was different.

Had a great pilates session and on my way to toning! WOW DO MY ABS NEED TO BE STRENGTHENED.

I signed up for 4 private lessons to get the jist of everything and remember all the techniques. Then I'll switch to group lessons which are much, much cheaper so that I can go twice each week. I love the pilates instructor (we talked about diet, she lost 40lbs ten years ago and is tiny) and am really looking forward to being in the gym and not feeling like people are staring at me wondering why my hard work isn't paying off.

I am HAPPY today.

I think the fat % is the true indication of how great a shape one is in. Congratulations. Now you can feel that you truly have lost your fats. Good luck on your Pilates lessons. You are going to have a gorgeous body.

Well almost the end of the 2nd day for me. Today was much better than yesterday. I still got hungry a few times, but without even thinking I got my lettuce and started munching, lol. It was very filling.

I have been very tempted to step on the scale, but so far I have talked myself out of it. I want to wait for at least 4 days so that when I check my weight I see a big difference hopefully, lol. I hope can control myself tomorrow morning.

Have a great night everyone.

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
So tonight I used my 6.5 oz ground beef and sauteed it with 1 Cup of green/red/yellow bell peppers, sea salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayanne pepper and YUMMY :) I sprinkled lettuce and fresh tomato on top. I am going to name it Fiesta Meat..... I don't really like peppers, but I bought them and they were going bad, so I needed to cook them, they turned sweet and were so yummy. Just thought I would share, also had to add 1 cucumber to get my veggies in, but I love those, so no problem.....:carrot:

whirlybird68
07-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Can we have tomatoes once a week?

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Can we have tomatoes once a week?
Tomatoes are on my list as a restricted veggie once a week... I probably only threw 1/4 cup on....it was soooo good....

justamom
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

Hooray for you!!!!

Travel Gal
07-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello all,

After a fabulous WI yesterday, today I found it hard to stay OP, but I did. My co-workers ordered pizza today from a local restaurant with an excellent pizza reputation, and it was really hard not to sneak a slice, but I managed to grab my shaker, packet of soup, and veggies and eat those.

I'm excited for my dinners because I have them all in the fridge after spending hours cooking and chopping yesterday. Tonight I had a very simple and very delicious shrimp stir fry.

I hope all is going well for everyone!!!!

Take care,
TG

niknakjack
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM

Sorry to post this here but they closed the other page I was looking for. I wanted to let you know how the Vanilla Pudding cakes came out w/instant coffee. I boiled the water 2oz. that recipe calls for and put 2 tbs instant coffee into the water let it cool a bit then added it to the egg whites and vanilla. Then mixed in the Ip vanilla Pudding packet w/cinnamon and used 1/4 tsp BAKING POWDER instead of baking soda was very delish!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi everyone i started the IP July 19 i lost 7 pounds the first week and only 1 pound the last 3 days has this happend to anyone elseyou have to let the program work for you, tempting as it is try and not weigh yourself, unless you can handle the ups and downs the scale with give you over the week. I for one cannot handle it so weigh only at wi once a week... except when I want to reach a mini goal and then I become obsessive, but I still only try to weigh at home once a week then and at the clinic once.

Welcome and you can do this, it is an easy diet but very strict.

WI today -1.4 lbs.

And I will be completely phased off before my hubby and I go to Vegas for our anniversary!Congrats I am so happy for you, you are going to have an awesome time on your vacation too...:woohoo::woohoo::congrat:

HUGE victory today.

I am HAPPY today. that is great news, you must be very proud of yourself. We are all proud of you... and so brave, I am still scared to step in a gym... maybe soon.:celebrate::workout:

Congrats to all that have had nsvs and svs today, things are great, have a great night.

side note: I made endive chips today, not as good as kale chips... but my dog likes them? and I like the crunch... nice for a snack.

JoLoMN
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Please provide your input:

Time just got away from me tonight, so instead of making my own protein, I opted for an IP RTD shake. Since I already had an IP protein for my lunch and plan to for my snack as well..... Am I doing something harmful or not recommended. I've been on this plan for almost 5 months and this is the first time I've done this. My fear was grabbing something quick out of my fridge that would not have been a good choice. Thanks for your feedback.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Please provide your input:

Time just got away from me tonight, so instead of making my own protein, I opted for an IP RTD shake. Since I already had an IP protein for my lunch and plan to for my snack as well..... Am I doing something harmful or not recommended. I've been on this plan for almost 5 months and this is the first time I've done this. My fear was grabbing something quick out of my fridge that would not have been a good choice. Thanks for your feedback.

I think you made a smart decision, if you don't have time it is better to take a IP packet then do something that isn't on plan.

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????

Travel Gal
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????

I also LOVE the chicken soup! The mushroom soup isn't bad...just don't add anything salty to it as it's already pretty salty itself.

and in my opinion, I don't think the leek soup is very good. But I don't like leek soup normally, so it might just be me. My mom loves the leek soup.

Pxlkitty4
07-28-2011, 10:30 PM

I thought the mushroom soup had a weird grainy texture. It is not my favorite. I like the leek soup, and the new broc cheese soup.

JoseyM
07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I thought the mushroom soup had a weird grainy texture. It is not my favorite. I like the leek soup, and the new broc cheese soup.
Thanks for the input, and I did notice there were plenty of the mushroom in the swap basket :)

M0vingon
07-28-2011, 11:34 PM
HUGE victory today.

I am HAPPY today.

That's awesome! :yay: I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to :dizzy:
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!

Purrfect
07-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Good morning, or maybe Buenos dias is better (have to get back in teaching mode!! (I am a Spanish teacher, headed back Monday :() So.....felt mad, ticked off getting dressed this morning, I KNOW The diet is working and have WI #2 tomorrow, but putting my bra on I just wanted to sling it across the room, like cramming Gallon jugs in a 1/2 gallon container......ughhhhh, I literally almost ripped the darn thing off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time I have felt that way since begining, but I had to remind myself, this is why you are on the diet, if you go off, it will prolong the losing....not that I though of going off, but it put me in a bad mood to start the day.
Headed to Orlando outlets today to take my 9 year old boy shopping and have lunch packed, my kale chips in a baggie (my new FAV)..... I know I will do fine, but just HOPE I have a decent weigh in, feeling just depressed about my weight.... Hope you all have a GREAT OP day :D

You are about my height and weight, LOL at the bra...I can't wait to toss the darn extenders. Ugh. It works, keep on going:carrot:

Purrfect
07-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Just tried the miracle noodles, a little weird, but not bad. I used the Angel Hair, has anyone tried the fettuchini? They were a bit squishy, but not bad.

whirlybird68
07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
So, i have had some awakening moments watching others eat since i do not spend as much time doing it anymore like i used to. One girl at work had 2 microwaves going at once with her snacks. She gets up from her desk continually all day long to heat food. Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!
I had a good, old friend of mine on facebook who posted this today:
I am now part of the diabetes clan. God bless us all!!
That above statement is enough motivation to keep me going. I am 43 years old, have 4 kids - 2 teenagers, and 2 kids already grown with 2 precious grandbaby girls. The last thing i want to do is have the expense and burden of adult onset diabetes due to my obese weight and laziness to do anything about it. I started IP 17 days ago and have been on point except one cheat night which i regret. I know it will take some time, but i hope in Jesus' name that i will be at 135 by Nov 15th. Pray with me ladies:)

Douger963
07-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!

Thanks for the share. Just reading this I can't identify with those foods anymore and feel kind of nauseous without even eating them.

Well, the best experience so far has been shopping for clothes in the regular men's department instead of over in the big and tall section. So much more to select from!

Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.

Skurzy
07-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Just made a crispy cereal pancake.. SO AMAZING. with IP maple syrup.. so delish.. my all time new fav.. totally fixes a crab craving... like em' more than ip pudding cakes.

Ishbel
07-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Yesterday's weigh-in took me over the 100lb mark. I'm only about 11lbs from goal and still on phase II. I've found myself watching the scale more for some reason probably because I'm getting closer. Although I feel I'm eating more protein, I continue to drop.

SO AWESOME! :cp:

Thanks for sharing that, your success makes me feel better about my goal. I feel like I have such a long way to go. :)

woolberger
07-29-2011, 01:20 AM
HUGE victory today.

I am HAPPY today.
&
That's awesome! :yay: I agree that bf is the way to measure! I'd love to have my bf tested, but I'm afraid to :dizzy:
Today I made an appointment for a private session at a pilates studio. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm afraid. Since my 2 c-sections, my abs are weak and really hurt when i work them. The scar area is the worst. I just hope the trainer is gentle with me! LOL I also hope I don't lose an appendage on the reformer!

You guys will be amazed how well the Pilates works! Slow & steady wins the race! I have been at it 2 - 3 times a week for 7 months and I actually have muscle definition for the first time ever! I walk occasionally but the Pilates has done it all and I really love it.

Thanks for the share. Just reading this I can't identify with those foods anymore and feel kind of nauseous without even eating them.

Well, the best experience so far has been shopping for clothes in the regular men's department instead of over in the big and tall section. So much more to select from!

Douger - Congratulations. You look great!! What an accomplishment!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-29-2011, 01:41 AM
So tomorrow I go for WI # 2, and have to get new food. An update, they do offer a "swap basket" but choices are a little limited, not bad though..... I LOVE The chicken soup, have not had mushroom, but love me some grilled mushrooms. Any opinions about the mushroom soup????I had to add sauteed mushrooms to the soup, as I have never been a mushroom soup. I prefer by far the tomato basil and I love love love the broccoli and cheese soup... I use it for sauces on my steamed veggies. Good luck.

So, i have had some awakening moments watching others eat since i do not spend as much time doing it anymore like i used to. One girl at work had 2 microwaves going at once with her snacks. She gets up from her desk continually all day long to heat food. Another girl brings McDonald's almost every morning, or eats Popeye's or pizza every day for lunch, washing it all down with a big old coke!
I had a good, old friend of mine on facebook who posted this today:
I am now part of the diabetes clan. God bless us all!!
That above statement is enough motivation to keep me going. I am 43 years old, have 4 kids - 2 teenagers, and 2 kids already grown with 2 precious grandbaby girls. The last thing i want to do is have the expense and burden of adult onset diabetes due to my obese weight and laziness to do anything about it. I started IP 17 days ago and have been on point except one cheat night which i regret. I know it will take some time, but i hope in Jesus' name that i will be at 135 by Nov 15th. Pray with me ladies:)That is sad about your friend, it is too bad everyone can't find a way to lose weight, I probably would be getting to that point too. I am so thankful for Couts71 for showing us the light at work.... I think he saved a lot of us. I do have a question why Nov 15? what happens if you don't make it? I hope you do but am wondering. I would love to say I will be finished on this date, but things happen and as this last month I have been up and down I know that it is true. I get asked quite often when I will be finished. I have no idea.. I am hoping Oct - Nov but if not oh well. Good luck and keep up the good work.;)

Just got back from chasing a couple of my friends' kids around going over agility obstacles and chasing them playing catch... I had quite a few of my agility ladies looking at me like I was nuts... but it was fun and I was excited that I could chase them around for 1/2 hour without getting tired. Lots of screaming going on, hope our instructor wasn't too distracted... Kids just make me feel so young. Then I went with one of my friends for coffee, and her son (who doesn't like poohing in the toilet and holds it for days on end) had to go at the coffee shop and comes out of the bathroom yelling Aunty Jo I have pooed... oh my it was sooo funny... got a couple of chuckles from a few people. It was priceless. will have to remember that for the day he gets married. :sunny::sunny:

Douger963
07-29-2011, 02:12 AM
SO AWESOME! :cp:

Thanks for sharing that, your success makes me feel better about my goal. I feel like I have such a long way to go. :)

Just keep doing what your doing! It's just a matter of time if you stick with it and don't give in! You're almost 1/2 way!

Sherwood
07-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Ah, thank you, thank you... I've been searching like mad, but keep finding myself on screens that want me to provide personal information before I get the final price. GRRRRR.... Someone told me that the day camps for kids are normally included, but that the night-time stuff depends on the cruiseline. Someone said that Disney kids club went until midnight or something crazy like that. Not sure the information was right, and I haven't confirmed it anywhere.

I've used vacationstogo.com as well - wonderful service - great discounts!! I've booked a fall land tour through them and we're planning an Alaskan cruise next year and will definitely go with them.

Sherwood
07-29-2011, 02:18 AM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

:carrot::carrot:wonderful news!! Enjoy Vegas - we go every December for our anniversary - and this is the first year I'll be "normal" :carrot::carrot:

calee
07-29-2011, 02:34 AM

I love Pilates. I take a mat class every Thursday night and have been doing it since last January. I can really feel the difference in my core strength. I do Pilates Reformer classes as well. I just watch for Groupons and take advantage of them. I have 3 private sessions to sign up for with a Groupon that I recently purchased. I'm afraid to have my BF tested as well. My Tanita scale says that it's still pretty high. But I know that IP will help me get it down.

whirlybird68
07-29-2011, 08:59 AM

Wow, over a hundred lbs in 7 or 8 mths. You inspire me! You are fantabulous!

whirlybird68
07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;3961688]
That is sad about your friend, it is too bad everyone can't find a way to lose weight, I probably would be getting to that point too. I am so thankful for Couts71 for showing us the light at work.... I think he saved a lot of us. I do have a question why Nov 15? what happens if you don't make it? I hope you do but am wondering. I would love to say I will be finished on this date, but things happen and as this last month I have been up and down I know that it is true. I get asked quite often when I will be finished. I have no idea.. I am hoping Oct - Nov but if not oh well. Good luck and keep up the good work.;)

I might have got ahead of myself, Haha. Goal for me is getting out of phase 1:) My coach and i determined that with an average of 3 lbs lost a week I could be around 140 by Nov 15. Wouldn't it be nice to go through the holidays feeling good about our shape?

whirlybird68
07-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I had to add sauteed mushrooms to the soup, as I have never been a mushroom soup. I prefer by far the tomato basil and I love love love the broccoli and cheese soup... I use it for sauces on my steamed veggies. Good luck.

That is sad about your friend, it is too bad everyone can't find a way to lose weight, I probably would be getting to that point too. I am so thankful for Couts71 for showing us the light at work.... I think he saved a lot of us. I do have a question why Nov 15? what happens if you don't make it? I hope you do but am wondering. I would love to say I will be finished on this date, but things happen and as this last month I have been up and down I know that it is true. I get asked quite often when I will be finished. I have no idea.. I am hoping Oct - Nov but if not oh well. Good luck and keep up the good work. :sunny::sunny:
Haha screwed up that quote above. I'm still learning.

kelly1962
07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Are you participating in the summer challenge, Pxl created a spreadsheet and it lets you know the percentage you have lost of the amount you want to lose total. When I filled in my numbers yesterday I noticed that I have completed 11.83% of my goal which means I am over 10% of the way there...pretty impressive. Here is the link....anyone can add their name its a great way to keep track....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237789-ideal-protein-second-part-summer-spreadsheet-challenge.html

Thanks so much for letting me know about that. I will join as well...
I always read your posts and am so happy for the success you are having...you are doing such an amazing job and have such a positive attitude especially with some of the stresses you have going on!!
Thanks again, wuv2bloved!!

Pxlkitty4
07-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Please post all replies on the new weekend chat thread... I can't close this thread, because I didn't open it.

If you want to quote others, copy the html code after you "quote" their post and copy it over.

Thanks.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239428-ip-weekend-chat-fri-7-29-sun-7-31-a.html

kelly1962
07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
WI today -1.4 lbs.

Congratulations!! Must be an awesome feeling. I will be anxious to see how phase 3 goes for you!! All the best.