Does it Work? - Skinny Fiber?? Anyone use it?

View Full Version : Skinny Fiber?? Anyone use it?

net knee
07-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I keep seeing this "Skinny Fiber" advertised by "friends" on facebook... Anyone on here use it? Does it work? What's the story?:?:

nelie
07-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Apparently it is an MLM product which is why you see people advertise it. It is just Glucomannan though. You can buy it at any drug store and it may help you feel full.

net knee
07-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the quick response! Appreciate it!

bellaella
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
hmmm... interesting.... glucomannon is also in the Slimmies chocolates im eating! is this like the new weight loss ingredient!??!

nelie
07-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Its not new and fiber being used to make you feel fuller has been used for decades. Psyllium husk fiber (the same thing used in Metamucil) was all the rage 10-15 years ago, Glucomannon has shown up in a lot of products lately and the next thing you know, they'll be another fiber supplement.

WebWoman
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Glucomannan absorbs a LOT more liquid than other fibers, so it's considered the best fiber (makes you feel fuller = less hungry). It also doesn't have the side effects like bloating that the wheat-based products like Metamucil have because it's made from a different plant source. Actually, I just might try it and see if it helps.

Not that it matters to me, but Dr. Oz highly recommends it and talks about it often.