Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

Default Help!

I have been on ideal protein for 3 days. I haven't cheated. I have eaten the packets. I dont drink diet coke anymore. and I got on the scale this morning and have gained a pound??

Is this permenant? Everyone else seems to lose a lot their first week and I have gained a pound?

My only thought is that maybe all the additional water bloated me so I am taking a diuretic today...any other thoughts? I weigh in saturday...If i am still up then, I dont think I would have the courage to go in. But I am not cheating I swear!
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Stick to the program and you'll lose weight. My weight fluctuates throughout the day and week. The only actual weighing I do now is my once a week. I was pretty rough on myself because I was over analysing every pound.

Lots of people weigh every day (I will be like that in maintenance) but a few of us have noticed we're less stressed if we don't.

It works, you'll lose weight.

Carla
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Could it be that you're not *quite* into full ketosis yet? It's only day 3... I think I was still the same weight as I started on day 4... and then melted after that... hang in there, stick to the protocol, and it will come off, really!!
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hang in there. The program does work. You can go up and down with water retention or maybe your body getting adjusted to the ketosis.
I still can go up a few pounds during the week and then down.

Good luck..
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #5  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

My recommendation is stay off the scale... it leads to you doubting the program and yourself... let the program work, and it does work, look at my signature... 5 3/4 months... I have been op all the time. Scale watching is only good if you can handle it and don't get uptight over gaining during the week... if you can't keep from not being stressed about the scale the best is wi once a week.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
My recommendation is stay off the scale... it leads to you doubting the program and yourself... let the program work, and it does work, look at my signature... 5 3/4 months... I have been op all the time. Scale watching is only good if you can handle it and don't get uptight over gaining during the week... if you can't keep from not being stressed about the scale the best is wi once a week.
I completely agree! I've had my first week off the scale and it was MUCH more stress free! I've also been OP for almost 5 months, and I wish I had heard the suggestion so much sooner! For me, daily weigh ins will come in Phase 4 - until then - only when I have WI days will I step on the scale with my coach!

Good luck - the protocol really does work, if you stick to it.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote