Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, July 27

Pxlkitty4
07-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf), The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]

wuv2bloved
07-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day!

M0vingon
07-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks for starting the thread Pxlkitty4!

WI day for me. I'm down 1.8. I'm still hovering just above the official 40 lbs lost mark. I had hoped to be 190 this WI, but my losses have seemed slow for some time now.

I got a surprise visit from my very late TOM yesterday. I'm sort of relieved and hoping that I'll get back to my regular schedule because the hormones have been a pain this month. It's nice to lose almost 2 lbs in spite of all the wackiness.

RhondaLynn
07-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Beginning Day 2 of IP today. God, give me strength to get through these FIRST 3 DAYS!!

But, wow, since Sunday morning when I began eating "light" in prep for starting IP Tuesday morning, I've lost 7 lbs!!!

whirlybird68
07-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Good job moving on. Don't get discouraged because a loss is better than a gain! Wuv, I would tell those 2 kids to take their drama elsewhere, like the park or a drive around town. They could come back when they are smiling! Or, even consider getting their own place:)

gettinmygrooveback
07-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day!

The toughest job in the world is being a mother! Here's to a better day....:hug:

Pxlkitty4
07-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone... I have another conference day today. It's SO nice getting up, deciding what to wear, and not hating every option. I have new, cute shoes... and will take my wool cardigan again today so that I don't freeze to death in the room.

On a really positive note, it's already Wednesday! Last week felt like the longest week of my life. This week, time is moving again.

I need the whoosh fairy to visit... which is more likely to happen if I stop eating soy-marinaded meat for dinner... Tonight is going to be grilled chicken and veggies (no soy sauce!).

Hi to all the newbies out there. I haven't had time to respond to individual posts the last few weeks as things have been hectic.

My best advice is to stick with the program. Many of us on here are living proof that this diet works. I'm down 50lbs in 5 months, and I've never felt better. I now weigh less than my lowest high-school weight, and less than I did when I was "fit" in graduate school. I remember being 180 in 8th grade. I was probably this weight one afternoon in 6th grade on my way higher.

Celticgirl
07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;3957864]Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day![/QUOTe

It's hard to deal with people out of emotional control. Glad you were able to stand firm. Here's to a better rest of the day! :flow1:

becca1978
07-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Good morning!

I weighed in at my center yesterday and have lost a total of 22.8 lbs according to their scale since June 1st. My scale read 150.2 this morning. I haven't been below 150 since January 2008. I am excited to hit the 146 mark so I can say I weigh less than our dog. (She is a mastiff/bloodhound mix that weighed 147 lbs in May.)

I went out to eat last night with my Mom's of Multiples group. One girl whispered that I look great and asked what I was doing. I don't think I have seen her since June. I don't think the looks part of the weight loss has caught up with me yet. I feel skinner, but my brain hasn't caught up (if that makes any sense).

ItsAboutTime
07-27-2011, 08:35 AM

I'm sure that's a rough situation to be in. Good for you for sticking to it and not grabbing a drink. Good luck at your weigh in!

ItsAboutTime
07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!

rachelearth
07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
wuv2bloved, sorry for the not so pleasant time last night. GOOD for you for staying strong. Good luck on your weigh in today.

M0vingon, congratulations on your loss.

RhondaLynn, way to go on losing 7 pounds. Wishing that you stay strong today as well.

Pxlkitty4, congratulations on your losses. You are an inspiration.

becca1978, congratulations on your loss. Way to go.

ItsAboutTime, sorry for you loss. Grandma's are so precious. I am so glad that you can take comfort on the fact that your grandma had an awesome long life. I hope that all her memories stay with you for a very long time. Congratulation on losing more pounds, I hope that you lose the other pound and see the number you want to see on the scale tomorrow.

As for me, I woke up with a headache but it is getting better. Today is my day 1.

cadenlevi
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Sounds like last night wasn't good for many of us - I had drama of my own with my ex. Staying strong is so hard when faced with adversity, but thanks to this board, I know we can all do it! I've been OP for the last two weeks since my slip up. I'm only a couple pounds away from being in the 140s. I don't think I will make it there by Friday, but should be by early next week. I hope everyone has a good day despite the trials they are facing.

jordanna
07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

So very sorry for your loss, from your posts she sounded like an amazing Grandma :)

MInewgoal
Sounds like last night wasn't good for many of us - I had drama of my own with my ex. Staying strong is so hard when faced with adversity, but thanks to this board, I know we can all do it! I've been OP for the last two weeks since my slip up. I'm only a couple pounds away from being in the 140s. I don't think I will make it there by Friday, but should be by early next week. I hope everyone has a good day despite the trials they are facing.

Yeah...It must have been in the air. My night was pretty horrid, and I'm not quite sure where we shall go from here. I remained OP last night through it all.
It's pretty much hard work to just breath in and out at this moment.

Pxlkitty4
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong!

I am very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. She sounds like she lived a long, joyous life, and was loved dearly by many. I know she would want you to be strong, but she would also want you to allow yourself to grieve. Take care of yourself...

calee
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I hope your day keeps getting better. I never had a chance to say congratulations on your graduation victory. What a great accomplishment!!

nikkib
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM

AWSOME! That is just great how you handled the situation! I know stress does not help staying on track at all. There have been a few times when I am stressed and start looking for something comforting to shove in my mouth but I recognize what I am doing and chug the water too. Hang in there tomorrow will be better. Big hug to you :hug:

wildflower613
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone... I have another conference day today. It's SO nice getting up, deciding what to wear, and not hating every option. I have new, cute shoes... and will take my wool cardigan again today so that I don't freeze to death in the room.

On a really positive note, it's already Wednesday! Last week felt like the longest week of my life. This week, time is moving again.

I need the whoosh fairy to visit... which is more likely to happen if I stop eating soy-marinaded meat for dinner... Tonight is going to be grilled chicken and veggies (no soy sauce!).

Hi to all the newbies out there. I haven't had time to respond to individual posts the last few weeks as things have been hectic.

My best advice is to stick with the program. Many of us on here are living proof that this diet works. I'm down 50lbs in 5 months, and I've never felt better. I now weigh less than my lowest high-school weight, and less than I did when I was "fit" in graduate school. I remember being 180 in 8th grade. I was probably this weight one afternoon in 6th grade on my way higher.

I can relate to so much of this. I went from two months ago being almost in tears getting dressed in the morning to today having so many options I can't decide which "cute" outfit to choose. I too am nearing less than my high school weight and that is amazing! I thought of putting on my junior year prom dress just for KICKS!!!

calee
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Good morning!

I weighed in at my center yesterday and have lost a total of 22.8 lbs according to their scale since June 1st. My scale read 150.2 this morning. I haven't been below 150 since January 2008. I am excited to hit the 146 mark so I can say I weigh less than our dog. (She is a mastiff/bloodhound mix that weighed 147 lbs in May.)

I went out to eat last night with my Mom's of Multiples group. One girl whispered that I look great and asked what I was doing. I don't think I have seen her since June. I don't think the looks part of the weight loss has caught up with me yet. I feel skinner, but my brain hasn't caught up (if that makes any sense).

Becca, it can take a long time for the head to catch up with the scale. Last year I was wearing 22/24 jeans and now I'm in 10's. Sometimes I look down at my thighs and still feel the same level of fat that I did when i weighed 249. It takes a long time to get it all in sync.

That's cute about weighing less than the dog. I finally weigh less than my 37 year old son. It's taken me 37 years to be able to say that! :)

nikkib
07-27-2011, 09:18 AM

So sorry about your loss. I agree grandmas are so special. Just keep thinking of the great memories and hold on tight to them. You can stay strong.

calee
07-27-2011, 09:20 AM

My thoughts are with you as you make your way through this day. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that you keep all of those warm memories close to you and find comfort in them.

wildflower613
07-27-2011, 09:24 AM
I decided to join in before this thread was too many pages long for me to catch up. If I don't get around to replying to something I apologize in advance as my 8 mo. old is being quite the "princess" today. Horrible teething last night, almost three hours to get her to sleep and up in the middle of the night.

On another note I am on month THREE of 14 day TOM (am on BC, I feel like the pill and the diet are fighting each other, hormones be crazy) does that ever stop happening!?

All that being said I am still feeling blessed today and feeling great about my body thanks to IP. I can take on this day and here's to my WEEK 11. :D

calee
07-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm starting day 3 this morning. I'm looking forward to it getting easier. I've been a low carb eater for a long time but if I'm not tracking, they sneak back in so this is a challenge to be consistent. I'm using alternative products so the levels may not be the same, but I still hope/expect to get good results. I'm one of those daily weighers and I go to WW on Monday night. I never want to go back to 249 and figure that if I see a 1 pound gain, I know that I'm doing something wrong. I haven't been a healthy weight since the birth of my son in 1974 and I really want to finally have success. I think that IP is going to take me there and the support on here is fabulous. I like how everyone is so inclusive, regardless of whether we're on day 1 or 100.

For all of you that had a rough night last night, I hope that today is better and less of an emotional roller coaster.

colley
07-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Good morning all!!! Had a great night last night, went golfing for ladies night and won first place!!! Still trying not to step on the scale everyday, going to try again to not step on it for a week, it sure does help when I'm camping or visiting my parents, maybe I should get my hubby to hide it....

Bellamack
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz. Your son needs to lose her!

good luck at your weigh-in and I sure hope you feel better, that is not enough sleep!

leganegan
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong, remember you always have the memories. Focus on yourself and your family and you will get through this hard time.

Bellamack
07-27-2011, 09:44 AM

So very sorry for your loss. It is hard no matter what their age, because we miss them. When my grandma died, I remember saying to my sister, I thought she would live forever, she was such a "safe and comforting place" even into my 40's. God Bless you and your entire family.

lboogs311
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Good morning...So sorry to all who had rough nights :hug:

Welcome to the newbies!

I had a NSV last night, I went to my salon and my hairdresser noticed my weightloss!
I am officially 30 pounds lighter as of today!!! woohoo!!! :carrot:
I feel wonderful and I hope to be 40lbs + lighter by the end of August, my little mini goal!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day-stay positive!

lboogs311
07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Also, "itsabouttime" I am so sorry for your loss.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!My thoughts are with you. Your Grandma sounded like she had a full life and was a very wonderful lady. Remember all the good times with her. She is always going to be with you. Take care.:hug:

Yeah...It must have been in the air. My night was pretty horrid, and I'm not quite sure where we shall go from here. I remained OP last night through it all.

Some times that is all we can do one breath at a time, take it one breath, one step, one moment, one day... You are strong you can do it.

Ishbel
07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning!

That's awesome - to weigh less then your dog! It made me chuckle. :) I think I may have to find a dog when I'm close to goal so I can say the same thing.

Ishbel
07-27-2011, 10:10 AM

:hug:

M0vingon
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM

I'm very sorry. :hug:

brummie
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM

Pxlkitty, you are such an inspiration to us all. I've followed you on this journey and you've remained positive throughout.

ItsAboutTime and MInewgoal...here's hoping you both get the love and support you need today...sending hugs!

MrsD75
07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
AboutTIme, so very sorry for your loss. Grammies are special people indeed, and I am sure she will live fondly in your memory forever. Hugs to you.:hug:

Wuv, wow... you are a better person than I. I don't look forward to the day when my son has a crazy girlfriend. ;) Hang in there.

Becca, great job on the loss! Sounds like things are going well.

I'm traveling... in CA from my home base of GA... it's tough but since I was not checking a bag, I packed a few bars, and grabbed some EAS Carb AdvantEdge shakes in the local pharmacy... I guess we'll see on Friday if this plan works. Otherwise, eating has been easy with a few modifications from restaurant menus... people really are very accomodating if you say the magic "allergy" word...

Hope this week is good for everyone!

CuteNcurls
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Goodmorning, so sorry to hear about everyone's rough nights. I had a great evening with old friends, quiet conversation and a hilarious movie. I think it's important that we take time out for ourselves every once and awhile. With so much going on in our lives it seems like a lot of us put everyone else first. Changing my food lifestyle has made me realize that I'm important too...after all, how can I be around to help others if I'm slowly killing myself with bad food choices.

On another note, I've been schedule for a stress test and an ECG. It seems that genetic heart conditions run in our family. At 24 this is a huge stressor for me...but, at the same time, a huge motivator to stay OP and find reward in the results that this program can give.

Here's to hoping everyone has a better day than yesterday...OP and high losses.

leganegan
07-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi skinny chicks! I am going to my favorite Sushi place on Saturday night with some friends in town and I am trying to plan ahead. Any recommendations from those who have eaten at sushi places during IP???
I love Tuna and edemame so I think I will have that. with low sodium soy. maybe a roll with tuna and cucmber and seaweed? any good combos out their you like without all the mayo sauces and rice and tempura???

Also, are we allowed the pretty colored eggs they sprinkle on top of rolls? And what about soy paper to hold together the roll inplace of rice?

I will take willpower but I can do it!

CuteNcurls
07-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi skinny chicks! I am going to my favorite Sushi place on Saturday night with some friends in town and I am trying to plan ahead. Any recommendations from those who have eaten at sushi places during IP???
I love Tuna and edemame so I think I will have that. with low sodium soy. maybe a roll with tuna and cucmber and seaweed? any good combos out their you like without all the mayo sauces and rice and tempura???

Also, are we allowed the pretty colored eggs they sprinkle on top of rolls? And what about soy paper to hold together the roll inplace of rice?

I will take willpower but I can do it!

You're brave. Sushi is one of the foods I have been missing most since starting IP. It used to be a social outing with some close friends on a regular basis but I haven't been able to join them in a few weeks. Please let me know what you find to eat. I look forward to being able to do this again.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Salsa Shrimp Melts / By Dairy Farmers of Canada

Preparation time: 10 - 15 mins.

Cooking time: 3 mins.

4 oz (125 g) frozen cooked salad or cocktail shrimp, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) salsa
16 to 20 crackers or tortilla chips
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese

Preparation:
Drain shrimp, pat dry and cut into small pieces. In a bowl, combine shrimp and salsa. Spoon evenly on top of crackers.

Place on a small baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over shrimp mixture. Bake in preheated 400F (200C) oven or toaster oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Info
Per serving: about -
cal 127 cal
pro 11g pro
carb 7g carb
fat 6g fat
fibre 1g fibre
sodium 280mg sodium
% RDI: -
calcium 13 calcium
vit B12 24 vit B12
vit D 24 vit D
phosphorus 14 phosphorus
zinc 10 zinc

leganegan
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
You're brave. Sushi is one of the foods I have been missing most since starting IP. It used to be a social outing with some close friends on a regular basis but I haven't been able to join them in a few weeks. Please let me know what you find to eat. I look forward to being able to do this again.

I found this thread on this site... But I will definitely let you know what I end up ordering. there are lots of things we can have at sushi places just not but I am used to and LOOOOOVE. But that's what got me here in the first place. damn you spicy mayo and ponzu sauce. ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214437-craving-sushi-help.html

smpnew
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM

So sorry to read of your loss. Wasn't she blessed to be surrounded by family. Hope you can remember to be gentle with yourself at this time. It's hard to do at such a difficult time.:angel:

wuv2bloved
07-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Ok, ready for the drumroll please.......4.4lbs loss today! which makes a total of 56lbs GONE forever!!!. Now that I am back home I am heading to bed for a couple of hours to see if I can get rid of this headache. When I got up I did my 1/2 sea salt and licked it, it helped a little but not gone all the way so I just did it again. Maybe or hopefully when I wake up it will gone.

Louisiana chick
07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Ok, ready for the drumroll please.......4.4lbs loss today! which makes a total of 56lbs GONE forever!!!. Now that I am back home I am heading to bed for a couple of hours to see if I can get rid of this headache. When I got up I did my 1/2 sea salt and licked it, it helped a little but not gone all the way so I just did it again. Maybe or hopefully when I wake up it will gone.

The woosh fairy visited you. Congratulations on your weight loss. You even had a graduation during the week and survived. You have been an inspiration to so many of us. Keep up the good work.

colley
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Way to go , I cant wait to lose the 50 lbs I got sitting here!!!!:carrot::carrot:

cadenlevi
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Woo hoo! That's great! I hope your headache goes away - there is nothing worse than a bad headache. Hope you enjoy your nap.....I wish I could have one :(

gettinmygrooveback
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Go Lisa, go Lisa, go Lisa !!!!!!!!! I'm dancin' for ya girl......:carrot:

CuteNcurls
07-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Wow even after the excitement of graduation and the drama with your son. You have been such an inspiration to me. I've got 66.8 more to go and I'm so looking forward to the whoosh fairy. Please send her my way ;)

Celticgirl
07-27-2011, 12:48 PM

:cheer3: Way to go Girl!

pselias
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
WI coming up soon. Nervous - but happy nervous. I think I did well this week.
NSV - I feel pretty today. It's been a long time since I looked in the mirror and thought, "damn, I look good."

texan kay
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM

My deep condolences . . . .

lroderick
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
:sumo:

ok, so i'm NOT looking forward to todays weigh # 4. I had a very BAD weekend. I ended up going out with my girls friends & there was a lot of drinking involved. I'm SO dissapointed in myself, but i'm not going to dwell on it ... it is - what it is, i'll just have to start back up the right way ! I feel ashamed to see my coach, the scale doesn't lie thats for sure !! but, we'll praying I at least stayed the same, but im pretty sure the scale is going to punish me :snooty:

Ishbel
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
NSV today - FINALLY - F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! Someone made a comment (that didn't know I was losing weight) that I looked really good and that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight!

BOOYA!!! I thanked him so much cause he was the first to notice. He said "how can you NOT notice". So I said "I think people don't want to say in case I'm sick so THANKS FOR BEING THE FIRST" :D!!

Verrahappyrightnow!

capricious
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Congrats wuv on your weightloss and resisting the urge to 'drink' last night- thankfully you got your just rewards :)
Itsabouttime- sorry for your loss...
MInewgoal- just keep breathing, cause with every breath you take you're obviously oxygenating the part of your brain that generates will power- a size 6 and a 'space' b/w the legs?? That's awesome!!
It's a sunny day and I'm happy- cause we've had so much grey in the sky lately! And cause yesterday I got to buy a size 4 skirt (mentioned this in a post VERY late last night so feel entitled to mention it again- cause I can't keep the permagrin off of my face). Thank you by the way to 2Ride for telling me I look skinny in it... Read that over about 20 times and it made me feel just as good every time!
Wishing everyone a happy OP day!

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Good afternoon all, just had to catch up on all the posts from today, just got home, sorry for everyone's rough nights, condolences to loss of grandmother, and congrats for everyone stressing and NOT turning to food and going OP......Hang in there....

kneurohr
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I have been on IP for 3 days and I have a question for everyone. I am eatting my meals with my vegetable and everything but in between meals I am getting hungry. Does any one have suggestions for keeping myself fuller longer? Anything would help.

Princess Jessica
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you... she sounds like she was amazing. Stay strong... :hug:

Princess Jessica
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I have been on IP for 3 days and I have a question for everyone. I am eatting my meals with my vegetable and everything but in between meals I am getting hungry. Does any one have suggestions for keeping myself fuller longer? Anything would help.

Water water water. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce, and on hungry days I have a dill pickle slice or two between meals if I am dying. Tea also helps a lot, and distractions. Try not to dwell on your stomach, a lot of it is a mental thing.

Princess Jessica
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
It's a sunny day and I'm happy- cause we've had so much grey in the sky lately! And cause yesterday I got to buy a size 4 skirt (mentioned this in a post VERY late last night so feel entitled to mention it again- cause I can't keep the permagrin off of my face). Thank you by the way to 2Ride for telling me I look skinny in it... Read that over about 20 times and it made me feel just as good every time!

You DO look so skinny! I was just looking at your picture and thinking the same thing. You look amazing, I am so jealous. :) Good Job!! And congrats on the skirt, that is amazing. :)

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 01:39 PM
:carrot: Actually FELT like trying on a pair of pants @ TJMAXX this morning, the 10 fit perfect, so I decided, well, I am going to keep losing, better get the 8's (to maximize my $10 investment!!!), they are a little snug, actually how all my other clothes fit before starting IP, but I can wear them....think I am going to go through my closet today, back to school next week :( What will I do not being able to read the threads for support?? :hug:

Determinedat47
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Congrats wuv on your weightloss and resisting the urge to 'drink' last night- thankfully you got your just rewards :)
Itsabouttime- sorry for your loss...
MInewgoal- just keep breathing, cause with every breath you take you're obviously oxygenating the part of your brain that generates will power- a size 6 and a 'space' b/w the legs?? That's awesome!!

You are SO darn cute in your new skirt. Wow- you must feel wonderful!:cool:

ItsAboutTime
07-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks everybody again for the thoughts. I've had a few breakdowns at work today but am feeling ok now. I had my shake this morning and another at lunch but I'm just not hungry. I will make sure I eat dinner tonight (I have another pork chop waiting from last night) before I go get my brother from the airport but I can't force anything down at the moment.

Wuv: Congrats on big numbers once again!

Capricious: You look tiny in your new picture! Size 4! Can't even imagine.

whirlybird68
07-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Wow so much to comment on!
Great job Wuv:) Get that well deserved nap.
It'sabouttime, sorry for your grandmother's passing. Bet she wouldn't trade where she is for the world!
Capricious, OMG, you are my new hero. Tell me all your fabulous, stupendous, amazing secrets! What were your fav veggies? What did a normal day look like for you when you were really pressing in?
Kneurohr, spacing out my veggies and ip packs helps me, along with a lot of water and hot tea with splenda or truvia.
I'm feeling great and behavin today! I had most of my herb and cheese omelet for brkfst, peanut butter crunch bar for snack, steamed broccoli for lunch. I also have a rtd drink (chocolate) for later. Let's all keep in mind the goal...becoming thin, healthy women!

pselias
07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
So only down 1.2lbs this week. Thought I had lost more. My lowest loss to date. HOWEVER, I did lose 1.75 inches from each thigh!!! That is definitely why I can fit into smaller pants. Wish my hips would take a cue from my thighs!!! It's gonna take me a little longer to reach the 170s, but that's ok too.

damascho
07-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Good morning!

Totally makes sense! I have lost forty pounds and I still see the heavy me in the mirror. Every single day. It's painfully annoying. So, I've resorted to taking pictures when in doubt and that always helps me. I think they call it
"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so.

thinkthin135
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Just keep thinking about all the good memories and you and your family will get through this.

lroderick
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Totally makes sense! I have lost forty pounds and I still see the heavy me in the mirror. Every single day. It's painfully annoying. So, I've resorted to taking pictures when in doubt and that always helps me. I think they call it
"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so.

Hey girl ! I noticed we're same height & have the same weight goal ! Have you been on IP long ? I'm dieing to get into the 150's let along the 140's, but I seriously wish the process went a little faster !! I feel like I eat a quater of what I used to, so for me I feel like the weight should just be falling off my body lol. .... & it's super hard not to give into the tempations at our age -__- I mean idk about you, but i'm surrounded by skinny friends ! but I'm trying ! ANYWAYS ... 40 lbs is awesome :carrot: You go girl, shows there's hope for me ! :dizzy:

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually :( BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....

disgal
07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually :( BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....

Oh just you wait!!! Before you know it those clothes are going to be falling off!! :carrot:

Hey all!! Just finished reading all the posts. Wow!! It was a tough night for many!! So sorry to hear about your loss ItsAboutTime.....God Bless you and yours...

Hang in there everyone!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!:carrot:

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh just you wait!!! Before you know it those clothes are going to be falling off!! :carrot:

Hey all!! Just finished reading all the posts. Wow!! It was a tough night for many!! So sorry to hear about your loss ItsAboutTime.....God Bless you and yours...

Hang in there everyone!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!:carrot:
Thanks disgal, I know they will, it just kinda bugged me, don't know WHAT I was thinking....I think I will start to try on the "BIG" clothes first!!! LOL makes alot more sense....

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Okay, so after above posts, I didn't want to do JACK with those skinny clothes int he damn closet, just close the door and keep wearing the same 2-3 pairs of pants with your stretchy tops.....then I thought about it, I have to go back to school (teacher-work/not student) next Monday and the end of the summer is always traumatic, I ALWAYS gain weight, nothing fits (I can wear the same 2 pairs of shirts and sleeveless tanks all summer, who cares, right, live in fantasy land)don don dooooooooooon...... So, I AM cleaning my closet clothes too big, oh, that right, there are NONE of those, so moving on to the ones that don't...I am trying on EVERY skirt/pants in my closet. IF they do NOT fit, I am putting in clear storage containers (pants) and the skirts/dresses in a hanging closet we built out of cedar in the garage. At first I thought it would motivate me to lose weight seeing them and working to get in them, but it is me being delusional that all these are "just a little snug" and I haven't really gained that much. PLUS my closet is TOO cluttered.

So, the plan is, everything left hanging in my closet fits me (no frustration of trying to zip/snap something to start my day and depress me and give me an excuse to fall off). As I lose and things become too large to wear, I will go to the storage bin and closet outside and bring the new fitting size in (I have a range, 8's (goal), 10's, and 12's (now size). I figure this way, I will discard too large items and donate (if I didn't separate them, I would just hang the too big back up as I tried smaller sizes) and bring the new ones in...... Okay, had to vent and think for a minute....I have been lying to myself about how much did NOT fit me in my closet....this was theraputic, thanks for reading if you do, I know it was long :dizzy:

sandyh50
07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi al!

Sorry Itsabouttime on the loss of your grandma. Hang in there everyone with emotional issues. I swear that triggers cortisone and causes us to not lose.

Josey, I am a teacher too and need to go through my closet. Baggy shorts and tshirts won't cut it anymore. I hope some of my smaller clothes will fit.
I was down on the scale today which relieved me as I gained a pound at weigh in yesterday. I keep following the protocol.

Congrats to all those who lost weight this week.

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi al!

Sorry Itsabouttime on the loss of your grandma. Hang in there everyone with emotional issues. I swear that triggers cortisone and causes us to not lose.

Josey, I am a teacher too and need to go through my closet. Baggy shorts and tshirts won't cut it anymore. I hope some of my smaller clothes will fit.
I was down on the scale today which relieved me as I gained a pound at weigh in yesterday. I keep following the protocol.

Congrats to all those who lost weight this week.
Sandy, you have been on a while doing awesome, so I am sure that you will pleasantly surprised :) I have only been on 2 weeks come Friday, so no so much, and I don't won't to trigger a pity eating party!!! Were you on the plan before school let out? We only get 22 minutes for lunch and I am concerned about what I will pack and will/will not have time to heat/prepare, etc....Any tips?

pselias
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
disgal - I love your mindset! I, too, wish my location was Disney World. In fact, when I'm stressed I plan vacations. We're not going back until Dec. 2012>sigh<. Also been craving Werther's bakery in Germany pavillion and California Grill.

rachelearth
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Day 1 is almost over for me. It wasn't an easy day! I can't wait for next week when my craving will be over and I wouldn't feel hungry a good 1/2 of the day!

Pxlkitty4
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
This is a very interesting read...

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56156344.aspx

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).

Sherwood
07-27-2011, 06:52 PM
ItsAboutTime - So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure she's upstairs cheering you on! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.

Bellamack
07-27-2011, 07:02 PM

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).

lol, probably true.

WOW, how many decimals in that last weigh-in?

Watkat
07-27-2011, 07:13 PM

I am so sorry! I will pray for you and your family.:hug:

ItsAboutTime
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
disgal - I love your mindset! I, too, wish my location was Disney World. In fact, when I'm stressed I plan vacations. We're not going back until Dec. 2012>sigh<. Also been craving Werther's bakery in Germany pavillion and California Grill.

I want to live at WDW also. We are thinking about going back in Nov/Dec 2012. We just went in Nov/Dec 2010 and my husband and I decided we would take a vacation alone somewhere in 2 years but we want to go back there worse than anywhere else so we are all going again. Gotta love the happiest place on earth. Oh, and I hope my photopass pics are much better next time. I have one that I've shown nobody but my hubby and that just may be my before. It's horrrrrrrible.

Watkat
07-27-2011, 07:17 PM

I think you need a vacation! Kick that little chica out the door! :kickbutt:

Sherwood
07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Josie "Cleaning out the closet....not to be depressed...../Venting not eating..."

You've inspired me - I have nothing in my closet that really fits, but have been avoiding going through the oversizes and getting rid of them. I know it's not quite the same issue, but if you can tackle yours, I can tackle mine. I need to get rid of the fat clothes!!!

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Josie "Cleaning out the closet....not to be depressed...../Venting not eating..."

You've inspired me - I have nothing in my closet that really fits, but have been avoiding going through the oversizes and getting rid of them. I know it's not quite the same issue, but if you can tackle yours, I can tackle mine. I need to get rid of the fat clothes!!!
You go Sherwood, I would MUCH rather have your issue :) but from what I read they are both emotionally gripping........ It just ticks me off I fall for that if they are hanging there they still fit me, I am just CHOSING not to wear them!!! Just finished shoes....now off for a little bike ride with my 9 year old.... I know I will get to have the opposite (oversized) problem, and trust me I can't wait...what makes me mad is last time I lost all the weight and was running, awesome body I SWORE I would never let my weight go up again, and her I sit....... Thanks for reading and posting :)

sandyh50
07-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Sandy, you have been on a while doing awesome, so I am sure that you will pleasantly surprised :) I have only been on 2 weeks come Friday, so no so much, and I don't won't to trigger a pity eating party!!! Were you on the plan before school let out? We only get 22 minutes for lunch and I am concerned about what I will pack and will/will not have time to heat/prepare, etc....Any tips?

No, school was out when I started. I actually started after a vacation to California and when I saw the pictures I was appalled at how heavy I was. I put on 30 pounds in a year with osteoarthritis in my knees and gave up all my miles of walking and working out to dvd's in my classroom after school with my colleagues (too much pain).

But, I do have a small fridge and microwave in my classroom. I might buy a "Bullet" mixer to mix my IP packs. Right now I am planning on having lettuce and veggies in my fridge and bringing IP packets to school. I have 40 min. for lunch (I teach 4th grade) as they incorporated recess into the lunch hour. We have no other recesses in the day but they do have 3 PE periods a week. I personally think they need more recess, but we've got to keep those "test scores" up!

I am sure you will get it all figured out!

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 08:01 PM
No, school was out when I started. I actually started after a vacation to California and when I saw the pictures I was appalled at how heavy I was. I put on 30 pounds in a year with osteoarthritis in my knees and gave up all my miles of walking and working out to dvd's in my classroom after school with my colleagues (too much pain).

But, I do have a small fridge and microwave in my classroom. I might buy a "Bullet" mixer to mix my IP packs. Right now I am planning on having lettuce and veggies in my fridge and bringing IP packets to school. I have 40 min. for lunch (I teach 4th grade) as they incorporated recess into the lunch hour. We have no other recesses in the day but they do have 3 PE periods a week. I personally think they need more recess, but we've got to keep those "test scores" up!

I am sure you will get it all figured out!
Talk about test scores, try teaching high school, teach to the test (it is the FCAT for us), and do WHATEVER has to be done to have them pass it.... We are going into a new school, and I will be on the 2nd floor, hopefully there will be a fridge/microwave on our floor. The veggies for me over the summer have all been like baked kale, zuchinni, not the salad type ones just because I find 2 cups of veggies a TON....... have to have a plan or I will fail.... Next week is preplanning and the kids come back the following..

kneurohr
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Water water water. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce, and on hungry days I have a dill pickle slice or two between meals if I am dying. Tea also helps a lot, and distractions. Try not to dwell on your stomach, a lot of it is a mental thing.

Thanks you so much for the advice I definetly noticed a diffrence today since I was SUPER busy at work I didn't get hungry!

Travel Gal
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been on IP for about 2 1/2 weeks and I just had my 2nd WI today...11lbs total! I'm starting to have to tug my pants up every other minute...which I'm not even annoyed about, yet. I'm sure I'll get fed up and go buy a new pair of jeans soon!

After my weigh in I came home and cooked meals for the rest of the week to make sure that I get variety so that I don't get off track out of boredom. Lots of veggie and meat chopping but I'm actually really excited to try the new recipes I made!

I'm really excited to be reading about everyone's success and I hope to share mine with you as well!! Keep up the good work everyone!

TG

JoLoMN
07-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear about many tough evenings and my condolences to the family that lost their grandmother.

I enjoyed the posts about the closets - I just moved out 6 bags this weekend and it felt great! Have lots of friends on IP and they have given me thier "fat" clothes and I feel great each day I can wear them. They may not have the same taste in style as I do - but I love that I didn't have to spend the $ on an in-between size.

Had my WI today and I lost 3.8 lbs! I'm thrilled with this number after 3 slow weeks. This week I plan to not have any crystal light (think it messes with me), have no restricted items (trying to move things along) and stay off the scale (makes me cranky)!

Good luck to all!

skp
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Just got rid of all my summer fat clothes. Sometimes I think I look heavy (well, I am heavy but...) because my clothes don't fit.

disgal
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM

Woot woot!!:carrot: We'll be heading down in April.... staying at the BLT....and DEFINITELY plan on hangin at the CG!!! :D We have yet to go to Werther's, but I think we saw it on a Disney special and said "oh my Goodness yum"!! LOL!!!

Can't wait to be a hot skinny Mama next time we're down there!! :carrot:

Best Wishes!!:hug:

Watkat
07-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear about many tough evenings and my condolences to the family that lost their grandmother.

I enjoyed the posts about the closets - I just moved out 6 bags this weekend and it felt great! Have lots of friends on IP and they have given me thier "fat" clothes and I feel great each day I can wear them. They may not have the same taste in style as I do - but I love that I didn't have to spend the $ on an in-between size.

Had my WI today and I lost 3.8 lbs! I'm thrilled with this number after 3 slow weeks. This week I plan to not have any crystal light (think it messes with me), have no restricted items (trying to move things along) and stay off the scale (makes me cranky)!

Good luck to all!

Good job on the weight loss!!!:carrot::bravo::cheer3::cheer2:

skp
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I am so sorry! I will pray for you and your family.:hug:
So very sorry for your loss.

disgal
07-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Editing...

Thanks Pxlkitty!! That WAS an interesting read!!!!:hug:

JoseyM
07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Woot woot!!:carrot: We'll be heading down in April.... staying at the BLT....and DEFINITELY plan on hangin at the CG!!! :D We have yet to go to Werther's, but I think we saw it on a Disney special and said "oh my Goodness yum"!! LOL!!!

Can't wait to be a hot skinny Mama next time we're down there!! :carrot:

Best Wishes!!:hug:
I feel a little guilty, we live a hair over an hour from Disney and NEVER go, if you grew up here and live here, you don't have much interest...the kids much prefer Universal or Busch Gardens in Tampa.....

JoLoMN
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Had a NSV today - my friend commented that I only have 1 chin now! At first, it smarted a bit - but I know she meant it to be encouraging - and then it made me laugh! And I love having one chin!

disgal
07-27-2011, 09:12 PM
... if you grew up here and live here, you don't have much interest...the kids much prefer Universal or Busch Gardens in Tampa.....

I imagine you're right!!:) Sadly, we are hopelessly addicted....and there's no turning back! LOL!!! Had a NSV today - my friend commented that I only have 1 chin now! At first, it smarted a bit - but I know she meant it to be encouraging - and then it made me laugh! And I love having one chin!

Heehee!! That made me laugh too!!;)

wuv2bloved
07-27-2011, 09:16 PM
I imagine you're right!!:) Sadly, we are hopelessly addicted....and there's no turning back! LOL!!!

Heehee!! That made me laugh too!!;)

My cousin made the same comment to me (thinking to myself "have you looked in a mirror lately?") and he has 3chins!!....obviously he DOESN"T look in the mirror nor does he even TRY to lose weight!

JoAnne9597
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone! I haven't been around lately, been so busy and working nights. But I had my WI #13 and down another 4.2 lbs for a total of 46.8. So obviously still staying OP. Hope everybody is doing well. I'll have to catch up on posts when I have a chance.

Keep up the good work everybody!!

Watkat
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone! I haven't been around lately, been so busy and working nights. But I had my WI #13 and down another 4.2 lbs for a total of 46.8. So obviously still staying OP. Hope everybody is doing well. I'll have to catch up on posts when I have a chance.

GOOD JOB!!!:carrot::cheer3::bravo::cheer2::cb:

pselias
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I feel a little guilty, we live a hair over an hour from Disney and NEVER go, if you grew up here and live here, you don't have much interest...the kids much prefer Universal or Busch Gardens in Tampa.....

Yup. I understand. I live near Mt. Rushmore and have only been there 4 times in my entire life. I never go to the Sturgis Bike Rally - I hibernate that week to avoid the madness.

My kids are major Mickey addicts, and I practically live on allears.net :D

To each their own vacation paradise... may we all be skinny, hot mamas and papas on our next trip! :D

pselias
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Wow! You've kept up an amazing average. Great job! :cp:

niknakjack
07-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question about when your making pudding cakes or adding instant coffee to the vanilla pudding to make the coffe cake type drink or snack, Do you have to mix the instant coffee into hot water or are you adding the instant coffee granuals straight to it.

nelle2002
07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
hello all! I will be starting the IP diet on Friday via a friend. Does anyone have PDF info on Phase 1?

Princess Jessica
07-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone, I have a question about when your making pudding cakes or adding instant coffee to the vanilla pudding to make the coffe cake type drink or snack, Do you have to mix the instant coffee into hot water or are you adding the instant coffee granuals straight to it.

I added the granules straight into it, but I bet it would work either way as long as you didn't overdo the water. I may have to try it that way, actually. But it worked fine for me just throwing the pinches in with the dry mix.

niknakjack
07-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I added the granules straight into it, but I bet it would work either way as long as you didn't overdo the water. I may have to try it that way, actually. But it worked fine for me just throwing the pinches in with the dry mix.

Thank You!

Purrfect
07-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Question: my pudding cakes sink like rocks in the center after they come out of the oven.
Even with the baking soda.
Am I doing something wrong or is that how they are supposed to be?

wuv2bloved
07-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Question: my pudding cakes sink like rocks in the center after they come out of the oven.
Even with the baking soda.
Am I doing something wrong or is that how they are supposed to be?

HAHA...that is how mine came out the first time. I baked them longer the second time.

calee
07-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm at the end of Day 3. I'm hungry but tired at the same time. I seem to go in spurts with the hunger. I'm an exerciser, so I didn't think twice about going out for my 3.5 mile walk around the lake. The last mile I was dragging my tush home. I read what all of you have said about exercise but I didn't think the weakness would hit me. My legs just didn't want to move. I did make it home and dove into dinner of a chicken patty and romaine salad.

I'm hoping to have a little more energy tomorrow. Maybe I'll forego my lunch time 30 minute walk in hopes of having more energy for pilates class tomorrow night.

I love how much I'm learning from all of you. Thank you!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Salsa Shrimp Melts / By Dairy Farmers of Canada

Preparation time: 10 - 15 mins.

Cooking time: 3 mins.

4 oz (125 g) frozen cooked salad or cocktail shrimp, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) salsa
16 to 20 crackers or tortilla chips
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese

Preparation:
Drain shrimp, pat dry and cut into small pieces. In a bowl, combine shrimp and salsa. Spoon evenly on top of crackers.

Place on a small baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over shrimp mixture. Bake in preheated 400F (200C) oven or toaster oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Info
Per serving: about -
cal 127 cal
pro 11g pro
carb 7g carb
fat 6g fat
fibre 1g fibre
sodium 280mg sodium
% RDI: -
calcium 13 calcium
vit B12 24 vit B12
vit D 24 vit D
phosphorus 14 phosphorus
zinc 10 zinc Of Course this Isn't for Phase 1 as there is so many things we can't have in it. only worked for us if you miss the crackers, and the cheese then there is nothing to melt...:(:(

NSV today - FINALLY - F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! Someone made a comment (that didn't know I was losing weight) that I looked really good and that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight!

BOOYA!!! I thanked him so much cause he was the first to notice. He said "how can you NOT notice". So I said "I think people don't want to say in case I'm sick so THANKS FOR BEING THE FIRST" :D!!

Verrahappyrightnow! don't you just feel like hugging the guy and thanking him for noticing... you must feel great... keep up the good work.

So only down 1.2lbs this week. Thought I had lost more. My lowest loss to date. HOWEVER, I did lose 1.75 inches from each thigh!!! That is definitely why I can fit into smaller pants. Wish my hips would take a cue from my thighs!!! It's gonna take me a little longer to reach the 170s, but that's ok too.I heard that you lose weight from the head down, that is why our faces get skinny first. then your problem spot is the very last to go.... stubborn bodies that we have. keep up the hard work it will come:hug:

"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so. I like that phantom fat.... I have that every where. good explanation thank you.:)

Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually :( BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....like you said you just started.... I didn't see the clothing size change until about 40 lbs... and then woosh from a 20 to a 12 in no time, size 8 -10 now but it has slowed down again.... I would clean out your closet. what I did is I put the other sizes ( I had size 14 - size 5 given to me by a friend)in my spare room closet. When I got to small for a size I would take them out of my closet and put in a bag for goodwill, then go to my next size and move them into my closet. I think it is great that you are cleaning out your closet... my only suggestion is if you have a goodwill near you, go there for clothing for your in between now and when you are finished... It doesn't make you feel bad when you spend 10 or 5 on some pants and the next week they are too big, you just return them and someone else can have them for a while.

Day 1 is almost over for me. It wasn't an easy day! I can't wait for next week when my craving will be over and I wouldn't feel hungry a good 1/2 of the day! Welcome, try drinking water when you get hungry or take extra lettuce to munch on when you are hungry... also herbal tea helps you feel full as well. Good luck, you have picked a good program. ;)

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).You always have so many good reads for us... thank you... and I followed this one today... was going to my favorite restaurant for my birthday lunch for a catfish salad and got there and found out they were closed on Wednesday.. so we went to Red lobster..
FAT HABIT #4: Eating free restaurant foods
Breadsticks, biscuits, and chips and salsa may be complimentary at some restaurants, but that doesnt mean you wont pay for them. Every time you eat one of Olive Garden's free breadsticks or Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, you're adding an additional 150 calories to your meal. Eat three over the course of dinner and that's 450 calories. That's also roughly the number of calories you can expect for every basket of tortilla chips you get at your local Mexican restaurant. What's worse, none of these calories comes paired with any redeeming nutritional value. Consider them junk food on steroids.

Oh my, my friend had at least 3 and dessert too... I had a nice tilapia with broccoli and tomatoes, I asked them to not put any linguini or rice on the plate and just assumed they wouldn't put a sauce on it as it was suppose to be wood grilled... never even thinking of the sauce for the linguini... so I just took the appetizer plate I didn't use and moved the fish after scraping off the sauce and the broccoli over to that plate and had a very nice meal...

Keep up the good work everybody!!Congrats JoAnne you are doing so great, I am glad your shift work isn't effecting your diet, it looks like you are handling it great... keep it up my friend.:hug:

for the pudding cakes I would use the instant coffee granuals... but what I do for the pudding drinks is make real coffee and put it in an ice cube tray and freeze it. I add them to the puddings and drink for that little bit of coffee flavouring. My latest great thing is cinnamon vanilla coffee with chocolate pudding, and a squirt of cinnamon da Vinci syrup and dulce de leche it is like a Starbucks Cinnamon de leche latte... or their ice drink.

Have a great night everyone. I have updated my pictures today. Two pictures with the same outfit on... one from My brother's wedding July 2, 2010 and the same outfit from today with my dog Rebel... the clothing is now going to good will just held back to see what the difference would be. what do you think? should I keep it until I reach my goal and take another picture?

wuv2bloved
07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Ok, Had to come and post it is midnight here in Mississippi and my DRAMA from this morning has GONE BACK TO TEXAS!!....there is NO more drama in my life!!...it can get back to normal again..WOOHOO!!!!!.....I'll drink(water) to that!

woolberger
07-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Ok, Had to come and post it is midnight here in Mississippi and my DRAMA from this morning has GONE BACK TO TEXAS!!....there is NO more drama in my life!!...it can get back to normal again..WOOHOO!!!!!.....I'll drink(water) to that!

Yay!! I'll drink to that. Sleep well.

ItsAboutTime
07-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Just got home from the airport and of course I am not near as tired when I left for there at 10:30. Must've gotten a second wind. I'm going to have to go to bed now though because my stomach is starting to growl. Don't want to have anything unnecessary when I have to weigh in in the morning. I'll be back with my results in the morning. Well, later this morning I guess. Crossing my finger my kids sleep in or at least get their own cereal so I can!