Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Herbal Magic, HELP!!!

So, I've just noticed this Herbal Magic weightloss thing for the first time, and one of the reps called me to talk a bit about their program. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done the program, been successful with it, what it cost???

At first I thought it was a supplement thing because of the name, but apparently there are no additional things to buy unless you want to, minerals, vitamins etc. So she explained to me that its basically a meal guide and portion control.

Any info you guys have or have heard would be really appreciated, I need to know more!!!
Thanks!
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

Height: 5'5"

I looked at their website and it seems really gimmicky.. They are clearly selling a product by pushing their herbal "formula" in the form of a diet plan. Personally I'd pass...all of those programs are usually a waste of time and money. All you need to do is eat healthy at home which is pretty basic advice..but is Antibes best bet at keeping the pounds off.
Pinkberrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #3  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I saw an episode of Marketplace...something like that where they said it was a serious money grab. I haven't had any personal experience so I'm just going off of what I saw, but apparently the people are VERY pushy and are trained as salespeople rather than nutritionists. The cost can be extremely high if you get pushed into buying the supplements which they try very hard to get you to do.

Here's a link to some stuff from the show: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/m...bal_magic.html

I think you can watch the episode online too.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #4  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i've never heard of it, but right of the bat, the name worries me. anything that has "magic" in the name is probably just that...an illusion. most of the reliable products have more reliable names. maybe it's my studies in advertising that make me weary about it, but i'd do a lot more research on it than just talking to the rep. my guess is they have pretty good sales people that get you super interested, i've been sucked into many of these before i'm not saying not to get it, just make sure you're an educated consumer!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/220/190

Height: 5'10"

It does work, but it is very expensive. There s the start up fee, which when I started 2 years ago, was 800 plus the start up kit another 200. So right there you are looking at 1000. Then everyweek there is the mineral/vit. pills. That I think was running me around 80.00 a week. Now ideally, you will loose 2 pounds a week and be down to goal ASAP and then you won't need to purchase those pills, but then there'll be something else. I got to within 20pounds of my goal.
Truthfully, the diet is basicaaly enough and with a trully good multi-vit. you could do it on your own. It is great diet, and t was the accountablitlity that is so valuable.
Portion control is the key. limit yourslef to 2 startches and 2 fats a day. The thing to remember is 1/4c rice is one serving, 1/2c pasta is one serving....eat 3oz of low fat protein 3 times a day...chicken, fish, eggs (2), cottage cheese. Eliminate your salt and sugar. There is no baking on this plan..so no cookies, cake....so no white flour. I use Weight Watchers bread and wraps, they are okay. But there again, watch the portions.
Back to the actual diet...you have to decide what is important....if the coaching and support is what you need to be successful, then by all means sign up.
30togo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

You want to pay money for a meal guide and portion control???????? You can get it for free online OR better spend the money on seeing your GP about these issues or a nutritionalist who isnt trying to sell you some product or a personal trainer or anything else really
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

NO, just no... you have all the resources you need right here for FREE!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote