Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Default Hi all :)

Ive been lurking around a lot recently and reading some truly inspirational posts, so i've decided to take the plunge myself!

Im currently home for the summer from university so I figure it's time to shift those stubborn extra pounds. Ive tried all sorts of crazy weight loss methods before but this time im going to do it properly. Im hoping that I'll feel like I'm not on the journey alone now i've joined here (hopefully that will deter me from straying as I'll feel like it's not just myself im disappointing!).

My family is very critical of my weight, always making comments that are really quite hurtful (even though my mum is a little bigger than me )
Looking to lose about 20lb ideally. to lose 35lbs would be my ideal, dream goal.

Nice to meet you all!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Leaves! Being surrounded by those that are critical can be difficult... this one I know personally. But this is your journey, your goals, YOUR body Set your mind to it and you can accomplish those stubborn pounds! As far as not feeling alone... that is why most of us are here; a place where commonality of struggle joins us Do you have a plan for losing?
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome

As for a plan, im not following anything too specific. I have a great little app on my phone (called My Fitness Pal) that I gave some vitals about myself and my current lifestyle. it gave me a target number of 1450 calories to aim for each day, and i enter in everything i eat and exercise that i do. It adds on calories for things I eat and takes them away for any exercise i do. i highly recommend it.

For exercise I like to play on the wii fit as then i get to exercise in my home, Im far too scared to be seen out jogging or anything! It's great as it gives me a rough idea of how many calories ive burnt; im also aiming for an hour of tennis with my brother 2-3 times a week.

I'd just to be a bit fitter really! One of my uni classes is up three flights of stairs- it kills me every week!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #4  
Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 265/195/150

welcome! It's always hard when you don't have the support of your family, but as you get stronger from the support here you will you find success.
keekles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #5  
~Star~

Leaves - that sounds like a real handy app! I am one of those cave people who don't have a cell phone, so now wondering if they have that available on computer? It sounds like the activity road you are on are going to help you get more fit for sure! I have some friends who love the WII Fit; I have yet to try that myself.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #6  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I'm sorry that your family is critical of you. I'm sure they're just trying to help you, if not in the best way. =/ But now you're starting the journey to a new you! Congrats!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Leaves - that sounds like a real handy app! I am one of those cave people who don't have a cell phone, so now wondering if they have that available on computer? It sounds like the activity road you are on are going to help you get more fit for sure! I have some friends who love the WII Fit; I have yet to try that myself.
Im sure it works just the same on the computer, i cant link as i dont have enough posts, but if you just google 'my fitness pal' it's the first hit. I know it looks a bit like a cheesy self-help site, but its honestly really good

xxkaleidoscopic: Hi there! Thanks for the welcome ^^
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #8  
~Star~

Leaves - once I get home from work today, I will have to look at it! Thank you for sharing It's always so good to see new methods/ways to help here