Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat - tuesday, July 26

View Full Version : IP daily chat - tuesday, July 26

Pxlkitty4
07-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf), The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
__________________[/QUOTE]

JoLoMN
07-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Good Morning! Love the work week because the structure makes remaining OP so much easier! Had a lunch with 4 ladies from the office yesterday - once we all ordered we learned that 4 of the 5 of us were on IP; the other is an itty bitty! LOL I'm sure the waitress was wondering why steak and a double order of broccoli was so popular for the day.

MInewgoal
07-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Ok...I had for me what was an NSV. I'm sure there are a few of y'all that will understand.
I was trying on jeans last night, since I don't have any...just 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of capris..anyway... I looked in the fitting room mirror, and there was a space between my legs!!! I could actually see a space!!! :carrot:
I don't think I've ever had a space...LoL

JoLoMN
07-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Ok...I had for me what was an NSV. I'm sure there are a few of y'all that will understand.
I was trying on jeans last night, since I don't have any...just 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of capris..anyway... I looked in the fitting room mirror, and there was a space between my legs!!! I could actually see a space!!! :carrot:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's huge - or rather SKINNY!!!

cadenlevi
07-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I have a NSV as well. We got shirts provided to us from work (you know the kind you won't wear anywhere else because they have your logo AND email address on them LOL). Well the first NSV was when we ordered them, I was able to get the women's cut. I had never been able to do that before because of my lower abdomen - it was too big and the shirts would creep up. So we get the sirts in, I ordered a large, I tried mine on (they only gave us a medium and extra large as samples). It fit but was a little tight for my liking. That was two weeks ago, I put it on today and guess what?!?!?!?!? It fit perfectly!!! Such a good feeling. I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day! :carrot:

cadenlevi
07-26-2011, 08:25 AM

I know what you mean!!! I never had a space before even when I was 135 pounds because I was an athlete, but since I'm not hard core anymore, I hope to have one someday soon. That's got to be a fantastic feeling - keep up the good work you look amazing :D

cadenlevi
07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Yea!!! I got my tracker :p

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Wonderful NSVs this morning! I had another one. I'm loving these days of new NSVs EVERY DAY! I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit. I refused to buy anymore that size and would wear them over and over. I tried a few pairs on last week and they were still a bit of a struggle. Today I was almost late for work because one fit so I had to try another and another until I was up to 6 pairs of jeans on my floor. Only 1 was tight (but buttoned) and 1 wouldn't go past my hips. I added the other 4 to my "can wear" pile. Then I pulled one back out to wear to work today since they just felt so good! So now I have 6 pairs that fit but a couple will not be fitting long due to the opposite reason because I'm already having to yank them up as I walk.

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh, and another NSV...the scale was up a tiny bit this morning (making me 1.8 away from my 20lb goal) and I wasn't even upset! I knew I felt great in all those jeans I haven't wore in ages so the weight didn't matter one bit. That's super unusual for me!

rooster on a diet
07-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Great NSV yesterday. Got to work and started to put on my uniform and equipment ( i work in corrections ). Well my stab vest was way to loose, in fact dangerasly to loose ( got to be tight on the body to be safer ). Well went to the equipement offficer ansd had to take a new one 2 size down WOOOHOO.

My boss wasent to please cuz they cost 600$ a piece, but i was like yeah whatever, what you dont know is im going to need a new one in about another month cuz my journey aint over buddy looool:D.

Next step is changing my equipment belt, i think the equipment officer will be seeing me alot in the next few months. Hihihi!!! So i feel great this morning and i guess sometimes the number on the scale really dosent matter compare to NSV. It's just awesome. :carrot:

lboogs311
07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Wonderful NSVs this morning! I had another one. I'm loving these days of new NSVs EVERY DAY! I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit. I refused to buy anymore that size and would wear them over and over. I tried a few pairs on last week and they were still a bit of a struggle. Today I was almost late for work because one fit so I had to try another and another until I was up to 6 pairs of jeans on my floor. Only 1 was tight (but buttoned) and 1 wouldn't go past my hips. I added the other 4 to my "can wear" pile. Then I pulled one back out to wear to work today since they just felt so good! So now I have 6 pairs that fit but a couple will not be fitting long due to the opposite reason because I'm already having to yank them up as I walk.

I did the same thing last night, I had wi#11 and lost 3.8...came home and decided to find some more jeans that fit from the bin of pants that haven't been touched in quite some time. I had a bunch that fit me!!! such an amazing feeling, I can't wait to move down to the next tier lol!

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Great NSV yesterday. Got to work and started to put on my uniform and equipment ( i work in corrections ). Well my stab vest was way to loose, in fact dangerasly to loose ( got to be tight on the body to be safer ). Well went to the equipement offficer ansd had to take a new one 2 size down WOOOHOO.

My boss wasent to please cuz they cost 600$ a piece, but i was like yeah whatever, what you dont know is im going to need a new one in about another month cuz my journey aint over buddy looool:D.

Next step is changing my equipment belt, i think the equipment officer will be seeing me alot in the next few months. Hihihi!!! So i feel great this morning and i guess sometimes the number on the scale really dosent matter compare to NSV. It's just awesome. :carrot:

Great job! Good thing you don't have to pay for all those items. That would get pretty darn spendy!

gettinmygrooveback
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Space between the legs....can't wait! I'm well on my way there. Lost 4# while on vacation at the beach. Temptations every where.....but I held true.

Have an excellent day all and enjoy this journey! :sunny:

Shanelle
07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I love hearing all the NSV! They are often more motivating than the number on the scale. WI this morning, hoping the scale decides to be kind and move today. Have a great OP day today everyone:)

calee
07-26-2011, 09:41 AM

Isn't that amazing! I recently found mine and found myself jumping up and down in front of the mirror. I've waited decades to see that tiny ray of light!

Wrecky
07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
yay for NSV's! Congrats!

I am still under the weather. Don't know if its virus or IP related. I do know that I feel like poo :(

Thought I would take my mind off it last night and introduce my new puppy to some swimming at the lake. Things were going well until something spooked her and she pulled me right in (which in itself was hilarious) then I realized my Blackberry was in my capris side pocket. Oy vay. Blackberry in rice and I am praying it will work so my wallet will remain unscathed. Its been a trying few days!

calee
07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Yea!!! I got my tracker :p

And it's a good looking tracker too! Congrats on that victory with your new work shirt. You must feel terrific!

Sherwood
07-26-2011, 10:13 AM

:carrot::carrot: I get it - happened to me a few weeks ago, must have stared at the space for 5 minutes going "holy cow" (or something along those lines :)

Louisiana chick
07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh, and another NSV...the scale was up a tiny bit this morning (making me 1.8 away from my 20lb goal) and I wasn't even upset! I knew I felt great in all those jeans I haven't wore in ages so the weight didn't matter one bit. That's super unusual for me!

Congratulations and their is no reason to be upset with the gain. With this plan, I am focusing more on how clothes fit me and what others see. When someone sees people that are losing weight they don't see a scale with our weight hanging around our neck. So why are we so caught up with the scale.

Louisiana chick
07-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Space between the legs....can't wait! I'm well on my way there. Lost 4# while on vacation at the beach. Temptations every where.....but I held true.

How wonderful for you to be on vacation and stil lose weight. This diet can work if you make the right decisions when eating. Keep up the good work.

Wrecky
07-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm boot camping the rest of the week. No retricted. I think that the the bars may be a trigger food for me. I find when I have one I always want another. Haven't done it and won't but I think I will resist the temptation and not buy them again.

Bellamack
07-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Great Job Everyone,

Oh, the space between the legs, AWESOME!

I am doing well and stayed on plan, I am half way through week 4, my issue is: I am still very tired, did anyone else stay tired (lethargic) for this long? Have a great day, we were blessed with some much needed rain last night and it is down in the 80's today, much more comfy.

murleya1
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
9 Weeks on the diet and I have not had a no loss or a gain week. It is fantastic. I did have some pizza this weekend and regret it terribly. It showed on the scale. I have vowed to stay OP. So next week maybe I'll be down 3 in a week again.

Pxlkitty4
07-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm at a conference today and am freezing. Thank goodness I had a wool cardigan in my car. Brrrr. Tummy was icky this morning. Cramps.. Many bathroom visits. I took some probiotics. I think the culprit was the antibiotics I had for sinus infection last week. Killed all the good stuff...

I must admit I really enjoy being smaller. The tables here are close and its easy to get past chairs, between tables and wall, etc. Great job everyone on the NSVs today. Looks like its a good day all around.

pselias
07-26-2011, 10:46 AM

AWESOME!!!

Tonz
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree with Shanille, the NSV's are very motivating and gives me encouragement when the scale isn't moving. Great job ladies!

My first WI is tomorrow. To me, IP is not hard to stick to which is exciting in itself. Have a great OP day!

MJKinMN
07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
WI #2 for me this morning: down another 3 lbs so 8.2 lbs. total in 2 weeks...this diet rocks! :carrot:

My kids are in MN this week visiting and have asked to have their mommy made "treats" in the house ( mexican hamburger cheese dip and homemade chocolate chip cookies)...I may find week 3 a bit more challenging than the last 2 weeks but am determined to remain OP without cheats...I really want to kiss the "160's" goodbye! I did not touch the cookies or the dip yesterday and took the kids out to a homemade ice cream shop last night for dessert and only enjoyed the free smells. My son asked me if I eat anymore...lol.

On a better note: My son was tired yesterday afternoon and asked for a cup of coffee....I offered him my version of an iced caramel machiatto with my WF caramel syrup and he gave me all kinds of grief about it being sugar free and made with a protein shake.....needless to say he finished it rather quickly and was amazed at how "absoulutely delicious" it was! :)

GO IP!!!!

Tonz
07-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Congratulations MJKinMN. You'll do fine for week 3 as you keep the goal if "kissing the 160's goodbye".

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
WI #2 for me this morning: down another 3 lbs so 8.2 lbs. total in 2 weeks...this diet rocks! :carrot:

My kids are in MN this week visiting and have asked to have their mommy made "treats" in the house ( mexican hamburger cheese dip and homemade chocolate chip cookies)...I may find week 3 a bit more challenging than the last 2 weeks but am determined to remain OP without cheats...I really want to kiss the "160's" goodbye! I did not touch the cookies or the dip yesterday and took the kids out to a homemade ice cream shop last night for dessert and only enjoyed the free smells. My son asked me if I eat anymore...lol.
On a better note: My son was tired yesterday afternoon and asked for a cup of coffee....I offered him my version of an iced caramel machiatto with my WF caramel syrup and he gave me all kinds of grief about it being sugar free and made with a protein shake.....needless to say he finished it rather quickly and was amazed at how "absoulutely delicious" it was! :)

GO IP!!!!

My mom asked me last night if I am feeling ok because she thinks I'm dropping weight so fast. To me it's not going as fast as I'd like of course. :) I told her I feel fine and I eat fine. I'm not going to go hungry.

Good job at the ice cream shop! That'd be a hard one!

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
A little disappointed today, not on the diet side though, I've stayed OP since day one that isn't going to change. Just received an email from the interview I went to 2 weeks ago that I was so nervous about, I was not the chosen person for the position which is fine but kind of disappointing at the same time. I have a job now that I love but its not in the career field I just graduated from. I'll stick with the job I have now and just keep pressing ahead. WI tomorrow, lets have another 100%OP day!

Bellamack
07-26-2011, 11:13 AM
A little disappointed today, not on the diet side though, I've stayed OP since day one that isn't going to change. Just received an email from the interview I went to 2 weeks ago that I was so nervous about, I was not the chosen person for the position which is fine but kind of disappointing at the same time. I have a job now that I love but its not in the career field I just graduated from. I'll stick with the job I have now and just keep pressing ahead. WI tomorrow, lets have another 100%OP day!

I don't know if you say my congratulations to you in the other thread, but here it is again CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!

What type of work do you do now and what is your "new" field of interest?

Tonz
07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Darn, I know you're disappointed about the job offer but it just means that one wasn't the right one for you. You will find the perfect job. Applying for jobs can be quite an emotional experience. I'm sure you're WI will go great though. Yes, have a 100% OP day.

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 11:23 AM

I feel your pain! I've had 2 great interviwes in the past 3 months and didn't get either job. I on the other hand do not like what I'm doing now.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think I've ever had a space...LoLthat is great, and no more rubbing of the thighs together, that is the best... Have a great day:hug:

Next step is changing my equipment belt, i think the equipment officer will be seeing me alot in the next few months. Hihihi!!! So i feel great this morning and i guess sometimes the number on the scale really dosent matter compare to NSV. It's just awesome. :carrot:That is awesome Rooster, your boss should be happy, you are getting in shape and you will no longer be more of a risk at the heavier weight. You keeo up the good work.

I'm at a conference today and am freezing. Thank goodness I had a wool cardigan in my car. Brrrr. Tummy was icky this morning. Cramps.. Many bathroom visits. I took some probiotics. I think the culprit was the antibiotics I had for sinus infection last week. Killed all the good stuff...

I must admit I really enjoy being smaller. The tables here are close and its easy to get past chairs, between tables and wall, etc. Great job everyone on the NSVs today. Looks like its a good day all around.I am glad you are enjoying the new you. I have noticed that in the past I look at a opening between cars in a parking lot and gauge whether I would fit or not, now I don't even worry about that. It is a great feeling.

Have a great OP day everyone, I had all sorts of plans for today but now it is raining so will have to put some aside and do something indoors until the sun comes out this afternoon. Am enjoying sleeping in until 6 as I am on vacation this weekend... Walking the dogs at 7 is so much nicer that 4:45....

sonoio
07-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow! It's a great NSV day! Mine was over the weekend when I discovered that I can wear a size 10 capri pants! This morning I am clearing my closet out of all the bigger sizes...hee hee....and pulling out all my smaller pants to see if they fit. (I did discover a pair of cute jeans that are a 10 that I absolutely loved that totally fit me now!) My dear hubby thought I went out and bought some new pants/ jeans.

A huge NSV is being able to wear these clothes and not feel like I am ready to explode inside of them! Having lost a total of 11 inches sure makes a difference, doesn't it??

Also, I think my feet have shrunk too! Some of the shoes I wear regularly seem to slip off my feet now.....go figure!

I hope you all have a fantabulously blessed and productive day!

Tonz
07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
I can't wait to throw my larger sizes away! No more keeping anything "just in case" I need them down the road!

StaceyT1928
07-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Just started IP a little over a week ago. Trying the ideal to go instead of the weekly consults with coach. I've been reading alot about this for over a month now, so I finally decided enough reading time for action! SO I DID IT! invested! Ouch what an investment, but in the end it will be worth every penny! Anyway I bought a bunch of the egg omelet mixes and find these are the worst things I have ever eaten...I don't know if it's just me but I need help getting these to taste good!! I enjoy all the other foods that I bought. HELP I don't want to waste all that money and can't return or exchange, Any suggestions would be great. Going to get a scale today so I can keep track, I never owned a scale simply because I was too afraid to get on.

Shanelle
07-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Just got back from my WI, I'm down 6.6!!! I'm so happy:) That puts me 1.4lbs away from my original goal of 150. Might try for another 10lbs but for now I feel fantastic and will enjoy the way I am:) Have a great day everyone!

Tonz
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Just got back from my WI, I'm down 6.6!!! I'm so happy:) That puts me 1.4lbs away from my original goal of 150. Might try for another 10lbs but for now I feel fantastic and will enjoy the way I am:) Have a great day everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS Shanelle! What a GREAT WI especially so close to your goal weight. That's really encouraging!

Tonz
07-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Anyway I bought a bunch of the egg omelet mixes and find these are the worst things I have ever eaten...I don't know if it's just me but I need help getting these to taste good!! I enjoy all the other foods that I bought. HELP I don't want to waste all that money and can't return or exchange, Any suggestions would be great. Going to get a scale today so I can keep track, I never owned a scale simply because I was too afraid to get on.

I agree the omelets are my least favorite as well. WHen I have time I add some of my veggies to it (especially mushroom) and I add lots of pepper.

Congrats on starting, that's the hardespt part!

kimvw
07-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Just started IP a little over a week ago. Trying the ideal to go instead of the weekly consults with coach. I've been reading alot about this for over a month now, so I finally decided enough reading time for action! SO I DID IT! invested! Ouch what an investment, but in the end it will be worth every penny! Anyway I bought a bunch of the egg omelet mixes and find these are the worst things I have ever eaten...I don't know if it's just me but I need help getting these to taste good!! I enjoy all the other foods that I bought. HELP I don't want to waste all that money and can't return or exchange, Any suggestions would be great. Going to get a scale today so I can keep track, I never owned a scale simply because I was too afraid to get on.

In my house, I call them the "frigging omelet"! I find that if you add some of your veggies that you stir fry in PAM, that helps, In addition, I just scramble them vs. trying to make an omelet.

I threw my scale away about 4 years ago. Guess what? I gained 17 pounds by not weighing myself. Now I weigh daily, keeps me accountable, even when I don't want to. I am travelling tomorrow for business and I have begun to take the scale with me on trips. I would rather stop the gain at 1 - 2, that 5 - 10! Good luck!

vinlove77
07-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow! It's a great NSV day! Mine was over the weekend when I discovered that I can wear a size 10 capri pants! This morning I am clearing my closet out of all the bigger sizes...hee hee....and pulling out all my smaller pants to see if they fit. (I did discover a pair of cute jeans that are a 10 that I absolutely loved that totally fit me now!) My dear hubby thought I went out and bought some new pants/ jeans.

A huge NSV is being able to wear these clothes and not feel like I am ready to explode inside of them! Having lost a total of 11 inches sure makes a difference, doesn't it??

Also, I think my feet have shrunk too! Some of the shoes I wear regularly seem to slip off my feet now.....go figure!

I hope you all have a fantabulously blessed and productive day!

I would not be surprised if your feet shrunk! I know my feet got bigger when I gained weight so here's hoping they get smaller again. :) Congratulations on your NSVs!

Classy Broad
07-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Looking for honest opinions...
I am 12 pounds away from my original goal of 170. I am thinking of phasing out at that point and then using the good old standby of exercise and WW to go the remaining 20 pounds to 150. Here's why - my coach is over an hour away, it is adding over $200 a month to what I spend in gas plus adding 100+ miles a week to my car. Plus the days where I have to leave work on time to get there to weigh in and pick up my food are really cutting into the OT I work, which I desperately need as I will be out of work 10-12 weeks following surgery in October.
That, and I am getting to the point where all of the food makes me nauseous just looking at it! Does anybody know of anyone who has made that transition before? I'm just confused! **And the goal of 150 isn't a definite goal, it's more that I just want to reach a healthy weight and be comfortable in my own skin-and I'm getting very close** Thoughts?

pselias
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to throw my larger sizes away! No more keeping anything "just in case" I need them down the road!

I am having an emotional/mental block with this. I know I need to get rid of the big stuff, but that "just in case" is looming in my brain for some reason.

On the positive side, I laugh reading about all of you finally seeing "space" between your legs! I still can't see it, but there is definitely a lot less friction. This last fall I blew through 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of trousers... literally. I would get stress spots in the thighs of the legs, and then one day "RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP." That and the read out on my scale were my motivation to change my lifestyle.

StaceyT1928
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
In my house, I call them the "frigging omelet"! I find that if you add some of your veggies that you stir fry in PAM, that helps, In addition, I just scramble them vs. trying to make an omelet.

I threw my scale away about 4 years ago. Guess what? I gained 17 pounds by not weighing myself. Now I weigh daily, keeps me accountable, even when I don't want to. I am travelling tomorrow for business and I have begun to take the scale with me on trips. I would rather stop the gain at 1 - 2, that 5 - 10! Good luck!

Thanks I will give it a try!!

StaceyT1928
07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I agree the omelets are my least favorite as well. WHen I have time I add some of my veggies to it (especially mushroom) and I add lots of pepper.

Congrats on starting, that's the hardespt part!

thank you! I'll try the mushrooms!

gettinmygrooveback
07-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I am 12 pounds away from my original goal of 170. I am thinking of phasing out at that point and then using the good old standby of exercise and WW to go the remaining 20 pounds to 150. Here's why - my coach is over an hour away, it is adding over $200 a month to what I spend in gas plus adding 100+ miles a week to my car. Plus the days where I have to leave work on time to get there to weigh in and pick up my food are really cutting into the OT I work, which I desperately need as I will be out of work 10-12 weeks following surgery in October.
That, and I am getting to the point where all of the food makes me nauseous just looking at it! Does anybody know of anyone who has made that transition before? I'm just confused! **And the goal of 150 isn't a definite goal, it's more that I just want to reach a healthy weight and be comfortable in my own skin-and I'm getting very close** Thoughts?

If I were in your shoes, I would begin to work through the IP phases to make sure your reprogramed pancreas is brought back to its optimal working level.....that's what this diet is designed to do. Being stressed over money, your time and your daily nutrition does not equate to a happy healthy body. You should have learned to eat correctly by the time you have finished your phases. Take that powerful knowledge into your new lifestyle and run with it.

Good luck......:)

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't know if you say my congratulations to you in the other thread, but here it is again CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!

What type of work do you do now and what is your "new" field of interest?

Thanks a bunch!! I am a grounds transportation manager for 4 coach buses and 4 drivers for one of the casino's here. My career field is Administrative Office Management. This interview was the FIRST one in over 20 years.

Darn, I know you're disappointed about the job offer but it just means that one wasn't the right one for you. You will find the perfect job. Applying for jobs can be quite an emotional experience. I'm sure you're WI will go great though. Yes, have a 100% OP day.

I am fine with the job I have now though so all is good!

gettinmygrooveback
07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyway I bought a bunch of the egg omelet mixes and find these are the worst things I have ever eaten...I don't know if it's just me but I need help getting these to taste good!!

I scramble my omelet and eat it with steamed and seasoned mushrooms and zucchini. I didn't have my first omelet until about my 5th week. My taste buds were ready for something new at that point. Perhaps wait until you get farther into the program?

Princess Jessica
07-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow! Congratilations on all of the NSV's today!!! It is always so nice to read the boards when so many people are having a good day. :) Good job everyone! I especially like the one about gaining a little on the scale and not letting it bother you. I need to work on that one. :)

I'm boot camping the rest of the week. No retricted. I think that the the bars may be a trigger food for me. I find when I have one I always want another. Haven't done it and won't but I think I will resist the temptation and not buy them again.

I agree! I find that if I have the bars, they are constantly on my mind until they are gone. I am sad about it... but I may have to stop buying them. I am bootcaamping it the rest of this week too... we can do it!

:( I'm sorry you are disappointed. They don't know what they missed out on not hiring you. It's great you have a job though, so that getting it wasn't a life or death thing. Now you have the luxury of finding your perfect job and getting it without having to stress since you have a back-up. It will all work out, don't worry. :)

I can't wait to do this either! It's a little scary throwing so much away (or donating it, rather), but I think that it is the necessary mindset to keep the weight off. It will be a good way to stay on track, not having any big clothes to fall back on.

murleya1
07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
wuv2bloved - I love your before and After pic's. They are so amazing. Everytime I see them I am like damn girl you rock!

JoseyM
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Now that is a victory, I look at that everyday, well sometimes I have to hold my thighs, does that count??? LOL

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 12:40 PM
wuv2bloved - I love your before and After pic's. They are so amazing. Everytime I see them I am like damn girl you rock!

Thanks...I am trying to rock even more!...gotta get out of these 300's!!

sandyh50
07-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks...I am trying to rock even more!...gotta get out of these 300's!!

Wuv2bluved! I wanted to say Congrats on your graduation too! We had water in the house from our roof not being finished in time before a severe storm, then my brother-in-law and wife came to help for 3 days, so I was so busy cleaning, wet vacuuming water, then a big remodel on my bedroom that I didn't have time to come on the computer. I still have closets to go through and pantry and throw out more wet stuff. yuck.

Anyway , you do rock and you have such a good attitude you will be out of those 300's in no time!

I had WEIGH IN #5 and gained 1 pound!:?: I was perfectly OP and did not cheat and will not cheat. WI #3 I lost 0, the WI #4 I lost 5.5, so I am hoping that WI #6 next week will have a big loss. Maybe my body is going to work like that! What do you all think?

So I will check in when I can between working on the house. Thanks to everyone posting their SV and NSV, they are all so motivating and encouraging to read!!!

CuteNcurls
07-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Hi Stacey, I'm three weeks into IP so I'm no expert but I agree that the omelets suck. I've started adding a couple of egg whites to them...I know it's not exactly on plan but it's a little extra protein and it helps them taste and feel more like the real thing. I also add some onion, mushrooms and broccoli or spinach. There are a lot of great ideas in the recipe section to make some of the foods more tolerable. My most recent favorite in the vanilla or chocolate pudding with instant coffee and extra water...shaken with ice. It's less carbs than the chocolate drink and doesn't have the icky aftertaste.

CuteNcurls
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Well...I guess I haven't been here 20 days because I still don't have my ticker. I don't have a coach but I'm weighing every Tuesday morning...this is the third week so I guess it was WI#3 and I'm down a total of 13.2 pounds. It's not as much as I had hoped for but I have to accept the consequences of my "cheats" on a couple of occasions. I am happy to report that I'm back in ketosis and have been 100% OP since Saturday night. I'm excited to make this change and stick with it. Seeing all of the amazing results on here and the dedication to the program really inspires me.

I seem to have no issues with being around food at BBQs (unless I'm the one cooking which accounts for one night of cheating) and such but it's the cold beer on a warm summer night that's the kicker. It's really odd because I haven't really ever been a lush...well not on a regular basis...but I really miss beer on this plan.

Wuv - you look amazing and congrats on your graduation. I'm sure the right job will come along in due time. Just keep smiling! You're one of the people I tend to follow on here because you're always so positive and supportive. Thank you for your commitment to yourself and to helping us "newbies" out.

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Well...I guess I haven't been here 20 days because I still don't have my ticker. I don't have a coach but I'm weighing every Tuesday morning...this is the third week so I guess it was WI#3 and I'm down a total of 13.2 pounds. It's not as much as I had hoped for but I have to accept the consequences of my "cheats" on a couple of occasions. I am happy to report that I'm back in ketosis and have been 100% OP since Saturday night. I'm excited to make this change and stick with it. Seeing all of the amazing results on here and the dedication to the program really inspires me.

I seem to have no issues with being around food at BBQs (unless I'm the one cooking which accounts for one night of cheating) and such but it's the cold beer on a warm summer night that's the kicker. It's really odd because I haven't really ever been a lush...well not on a regular basis...but I really miss beer on this plan.

Wuv - you look amazing and congrats on your graduation. I'm sure the right job will come along in due time. Just keep smiling! You're one of the people I tend to follow on here because you're always so positive and supportive. Thank you for your commitment to yourself and to helping us "newbies" out.

We are all going through the same thing, its hard for all of us. Some of us tend to think of ways to cheat and get away with it and others like myself tend to stick to the program and reap the rewards (lost pounds). I am a positive person and I like helping out everyone and looking at a different point of view sometimes helps others see what they are missing.
That being said IF you fall of the wagon get up wipe your knees off and start RIGHT after you fall off don't wait until tomorrow!!....Tomorrow may never come, live today like there are no tomorrows. Life is too short to wait until tomorrow because it is not guaranteed to be there!!....REMEMBER live each day to the fullest!

Princess Jessica
07-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I have an SV to report!!!
As of today, I am officially down *drumroll* 30.6 pounds!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I was so happy stepping on the scale this morning that I did a little happy dance.
Thank goodness for IP for making such a daunting thing like losing lots of weight easier.
Thank you all so much for all the support! I could never do this program without it. :hug:
Now. Onto that last 20 pounds or so.
IP ROCKS!!!

patns
07-26-2011, 01:28 PM
This is my first day on plan, it is so nice to see such an active daily thread.
Also nice to see several fellow Albertans here. I am east of Edmonton, it seems it's been rain, rain, rain forever here.

I had never heard of this program until I noticed it on 3fatchicks. I am very optimistic that it will work for me. I was not sure how to pick a clinic from the many available her, I went to the first one that had time open yesterday and was really impressed with the trainer.

This is my last year of work, I will retire at the end of this school year so hope to give myself the gift of finally winning my lifelong weight war by that time.
So pleased to meet you all, what positive attitudes here!

CuteNcurls
We are all going through the same thing, its hard for all of us. Some of us tend to think of ways to cheat and get away with it and others like myself tend to stick to the program and reap the rewards (lost pounds). I am a positive person and I like helping out everyone and looking at a different point of view sometimes helps others see what they are missing.
That being said IF you fall of the wagon get up wipe your knees off and start RIGHT after you fall off don't wait until tomorrow!!....Tomorrow may never come, live today like there are no tomorrows. Life is too short to wait until tomorrow because it is not guaranteed to be there!!....REMEMBER live each day to the fullest!

Thank you, Wuv. I have fallen off the wagon twice...once for a hamburger and once for a couple beers. The burger was worth it because I wasn't that far into the program and it still tasted fantastic...looking back I don't regret it because I learned that it kicked me out of ketosis for 4 days. Needless to say I won't be doing it again. The beers definitely weren't worth it...I regreted them as soon as I was out of the "social setting." I felt disgusting that night and the next morning...bad decision and another learning moment.

I definitely start back on plan RIGHT AWAY...it's so true that life is too short to wait til tomorrow. I think that's why a lot of us are here...we want our lives back and we want them for longer than we might have had them if we had continued in our previous lifestyles. Thanks for your words of encouragment.

JoseyM
Catching up on posts as I was out all morning.......had Kale chips for lunch, let me just say if you are craving crunchy snack type food, you HAVE to try these!!! WOW so many NSV's.....haven't really had one....yet.....this week, next WI will be Friday, I am good and hoping crunchy kale takes the place of my nemisis the peanut :devil: BTW....grilled mushrooms in the chicken soup is yummy!!!

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Thank you, Wuv. I have fallen off the wagon twice...once for a hamburger and once for a couple beers. The burger was worth it because I wasn't that far into the program and it still tasted fantastic...looking back I don't regret it because I learned that it kicked me out of ketosis for 4 days. Needless to say I won't be doing it again. The beers definitely weren't worth it...I regreted them as soon as I was out of the "social setting." I felt disgusting that night and the next morning...bad decision and another learning moment.

I definitely start back on plan RIGHT AWAY...it's so true that life is too short to wait til tomorrow. I think that's why a lot of us are here...we want our lives back and we want them for longer than we might have had them if we had continued in our previous lifestyles. Thanks for your words of encouragment.

See you admitted to learning from your falls, that is all we can do is learn. That is part of life, learn as you go. Same goes for this program, we are all learning to eat better for ourselves so we can prolong our lives in a healthier way.

jordanna
07-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey all, lots of great NSV's and SV'a going on!!

Special shout out to WUV for graduating, that's awesome!! And to do it so much thinner than when u started...bonus!!

Starting my 8th week and I think I'm going to go hardcore bootcamp for a week and see if that helps my results...I'm a bit discouraged with my losses and I keep hoping the whoosh fairy is going to show up but she keeps losing my invitation in the mail. I still haven't had a cycle since my baby was born so I don't know if the extra hormones in my body are slowing me down or what but it's getting a bit frustrating :(

Small NSV - was helping my little guy make and eat homemade oatmeal chocolate chip muffins and ended up with chocolate all over my fingers and didn't even end up with a single chocolatey fingering my mouth!! Today he's asking to bake granny cookies (my mums famous chocolate pecan cookies). Lord grant me the strength!

Have a great day all :)

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey all, lots of great NSV's and SV'a going on!!

Special shout out to WUV for graduating, that's awesome!! And to do it so much thinner than when u started...bonus!!

Starting my 8th week and I think I'm going to go hardcore bootcamp for a week and see if that helps my results...I'm a bit discouraged with my losses and I keep hoping the whoosh fairy is going to show up but she keeps losing my invitation in the mail. I still haven't had a cycle since my baby was born so I don't know if the extra hormones in my body are slowing me down or what but it's getting a bit frustrating :(

Small NSV - was helping my little guy make and eat homemade oatmeal chocolate chip muffins and ended up with chocolate all over my fingers and didn't even end up with a single chocolatey fingering my mouth!! Today he's asking to bake granny cookies (my mums famous chocolate pecan cookies). Lord grant me the strength!

Have a great day all :)

Thanks Jordanna:) You have the strength do make those cookies and NOT be tempted...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I need to try the kale chips! I also need to try turnips though. Can anyone give me a good description of what either tastes like? I've wasted so much money on WF crap I haven't liked that I hate to waste it on veggies I may not like. Thanks!

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I also have to ask if anyone else does this....when someone gets on a posts a good loss and that they made it to 30, 50, 60 whatever.....I divide the pounds lost by the number of weeks op so I can see if it's doable for me. And between yesterday and today I'm pretty much right on track to be in some of your shoes! That makes my day. When I see 30 pounds lost in 8 weeks it seems more obtainable. It may not happen for me just cause it did for another but I can work my butt off to try and get there. I'm at a 3.85 average as of now and would love to stay around that number. Of course I wouldn't complain if the average went up a little either.

redhead14
07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Congrats to all the great NSV!!
Having the shoe issue which makes me sad but yet......I can go shoe shopping YIPPEE!!
Everyone have a great day!

JoseyM
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
I need to try the kale chips! I also need to try turnips though. Can anyone give me a good description of what either tastes like? I've wasted so much money on WF crap I haven't liked that I hate to waste it on veggies I may not like. Thanks!
The Kale chips, to me, taste like my granny's fried okra (she put in a bag w/flour, salt, pepper NOT breaded) and deep fried. It is not really like a "chip", can't describe, but YUMMY!!!! Also, left one piece out and it stayed crisps, soooo, I will keep a bag w/me w/seasalt incase I have a crispy/munch attack. Turnips I have to try again, tasted like a sweet.....potato, NOT a sweet potato...hard to describe... I washed and pulled the kale from the stem, tossed in olive oil, sea salt, and apple cider vineager, baked at 400 about 15 minutes......or until crisp.....OMG...YUMMY....

Bellamack
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Congrats to Princess Jessica.

Q: How do you post a new thread?

For Alternate users ( I am not one but look out for products) if you have a Wegmans, their own brand Whey is 90 Cal. 2g Carbs & 18g protein, sweetened with Stevia or unsweetened. Vanilla, Choc. & Strawberry. Also, carry Soy.

Picked up Ketostix at Wegmans (curiosity got the best of me) and it showed the lowest level "trace". I assume that is good, it shows I am in Ketosis, but drinking lots of H2O. Let me know where yours reads. thanks

Scofflaw1
07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
My NSV for today -- about 3 months ago, I was wearing a really pretty dress shirt at work, and the annoying receptionist that doesn't know how to filter her mouth says , "That shirt looks like it's cutting off your arm circulation." She is known for saying stupid things at the wrong times, so I shrugged it off. But it did still get to me.
Then dun dun duuuuun, I'm wearing it today and it no longer does that to my arms! I mede sure to walk RIGHT past her with the shirt on. Of course she had nothing to say.
Also I had a career change recently. I was in school to be a nurse and I decided that for a long time I really knew that's not what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to do something that would make me happy. So after talking it over with my boyfriend, I'm going to attend The Art Institute of Las Vegas and get the bachelor's degree for game art and design specializing in animation. I love games and I love drawing. Scary, but I hope I can do it. :)

CuteNcurls
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Congrats to Princess Jessica.

Q: How do you post a new thread?

For Alternate users ( I am not one but look out for products) if you have a Wegmans, their own brand Whey is 90 Cal. 2g Carbs & 18g protein, sweetened with Stevia or unsweetened. Vanilla, Choc. & Strawberry. Also, carry Soy.

Picked up Ketostix at Wegmans (curiosity got the best of me) and it showed the lowest level "trace". I assume that is good, it shows I am in Ketosis, but drinking lots of H2O. Let me know where yours reads. thanks

I do a ketostick in the morning (first pee) if I'm concerned about where I'm sitting. If you test throughout the day you'll definitely see less and less evidence of ketones. You're correct...water consumption dilutes but is very important!

nikkib
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone using alternative products is using a amino acid supplement? I know the IP packs already have amino acids in them. I am using all the IP supplements already but I have been worrying about the missing amino acids a lot lately. I am feeling fine so I'm not sure if this should be a major worry. Anyone have any thoughts?

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
My NSV for today -- about 3 months ago, I was wearing a really pretty dress shirt at work, and the annoying receptionist that doesn't know how to filter her mouth says , "That shirt looks like it's cutting off your arm circulation." She is known for saying stupid things at the wrong times, so I shrugged it off. But it did still get to me.
Then dun dun duuuuun, I'm wearing it today and it no longer does that to my arms! I mede sure to walk RIGHT past her with the shirt on. Of course she had nothing to say.
Also I had a career change recently. I was in school to be a nurse and I decided that for a long time I really knew that's not what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to do something that would make me happy. So after talking it over with my boyfriend, I'm going to attend The Art Institute of Las Vegas and get the bachelor's degree for game art and design specializing in animation. I love games and I love drawing. Scary, but I hope I can do it. :)

YOU can DO anything you put your MIND too!!...trust me I KNOW, I just graduated from College after being out of school for over 24 yrs. Keep a positive attitude, stay on top of things and you will do GREAT!!...GOOD LUCK!

gettinmygrooveback
07-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Anything new can be scary...just look at it as excitement rather than fear. Remember as you get older and established in your career, YOU WANT to wake up everyday and be excited to get to work. What's the old saying?....It's not considered work if you love what you do. :) Go for it and be happy!

murleya1
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I am also working on changing my career. Currently in software dev soon to be LMT. Massage school should be finished for me August 2012. I am very excited. Raise a glass to life changes!

nikkib
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Huge NSV for me! My family (DH, MIL, FIL, Kids) and I go to the lake house almost every other day. They all know I have been doing "my diet" as they call it for 3 weeks again now. They always have junk food laying around and the food they make for meals is not IP allowable :( They always eat no earlier than 8:00 in the evening also. I have decided that this is about ME and instead of waiting for the grill to warm up and then explaining that I can't have grilled onions, fruit... on my food I am going to take my own pre-cooked food with from now on. This way I do not need to go into the whole "yes, I know these veggies, fruit, whole wheat buns... are healthy BUT I can not have them right yet" speal.

I have made it through the first 3 weeks with no cheats what so ever and the temptation has been there for sure. It does not bother me for the most part anymore. I am doing this for myself this time. I am done being part of the cycle. I am noticing my kids are starting to make better choices as they see mom stay strong. This diet is wonderful and the people on this board are such a inspiration :)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
That, and I am getting to the point where all of the food makes me nauseous just looking at it! Does anybody know of anyone who has made that transition before? I'm just confused! **And the goal of 150 isn't a definite goal, it's more that I just want to reach a healthy weight and be comfortable in my own skin-and I'm getting very close** Thoughts?How do you feel? I think you should do what your heart is telling you to do... just remember to phase off properly and then you will be set to maintenance.:D

If I were in your shoes, I would begin to work through the IP phases to make sure your reprogramed pancreas is brought back to its optimal working level.....that's what this diet is designed to do. Being stressed over money, your time and your daily nutrition does not equate to a happy healthy body. You should have learned to eat correctly by the time you have finished your phases. Take that powerful knowledge into your new lifestyle and run with it.

Good luck......:)love your new avatar, way to go.

As of today, I am officially down *drumroll* 30.6 pounds!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I was so happy stepping on the scale this morning that I did a little happy dance.
Thank goodness for IP for making such a daunting thing like losing lots of weight easier.
Thank you all so much for all the support! I could never do this program without it. :hug:
IP ROCKS!!!Way to go, you will be at your goal before you know it.:hug:

Also nice to see several fellow Albertans here. I am east of Edmonton, it seems it's been rain, rain, rain forever here.

I had never heard of this program until I noticed it on 3fatchicks. I am very optimistic that it will work for me. I was not sure how to pick a clinic from the many available her, I went to the first one that had time open yesterday and was really impressed with the trainer.

This is my last year of work, I will retire at the end of this school year so hope to give myself the gift of finally winning my lifelong weight war by at time.
So pleased to meet you all, what positive attitudes here!Glad you found a clinic. Welcome that is a great plan and you will do awesome, read the newbie sticky as it answers a lot of questions, and I use the recipes links all the time... change is good, and even with veg change is good, so you don't get bored. :welcome3:

Scof = this is great, going for what you want... keep it up you will be awesome.

pselias
07-26-2011, 04:09 PM

Good for you! It's okay to be scared. That let's you know it is important! :hug:

sandralosingweight
07-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Fitting in a pant that has been laying around in my closet for over 6 years !!

What a feeling.

gettinmygrooveback
07-26-2011, 04:37 PM

What a feeling.

Enjoy the journey......it's so much fun!

CuteNcurls
07-26-2011, 04:41 PM

What a feeling.

Wow...congratulations. I have a few sets of "skinny" clothes that were purchased to motivate me. I still can't wear them but it's getting closer and closer and it's only week 4. What an awesome inspiration.

Determinedat47
07-26-2011, 05:11 PM

I know exactly what you mean! When I started this plan, I joked that one of my goals was that my thighs wouldn't create a spark from rubbing together when I walked down the halls at work,:D

murleya1
07-26-2011, 05:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean! When I started this plan, I joked that one of my goals was that my thighs wouldn't create a spark from rubbing together when I walked down the halls at work,:D

My boyfriend says I am 'H3LL on pants' because I rip up the thighs very fast.

colley
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Welcome fellow Albertan, I hope your first day goes smoothly!!!!

Determinedat47
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM

I am so impressed by people who can stay on plan while on vacation. Now that is committment. WAY TO GO!!!!:cool:

Determinedat47
07-26-2011, 06:01 PM

What is the career feild you just graduated in?

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Have some turnips in the oven to go with the pork chops my hubby is making. I hope they are good. I used olive oil and garlic on them before baking. I saw mixed reviews and decided to peel them because the skin seems to be where the bitter taste comes from.?

Is anyone finding they like new things after starting IP? I never liked hot sauce. Hated even the smell. Now I could eat pork chops with hot sauce every night. I also didn't care for green peppers but now I love them too.

I also love how I get excited to try new veggies now. I have always love cauliflower any way. I love it with cheese, raw, cooked, whatever but now I also love it boiled and chopped or mashed with some ICBINB spray and Mrs. Dash.

Love how it's opened my eyes and my taste buds to new flavors!

Lucky Chick
07-26-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm with you on loving new things. I couldn't STAND dill pickles before IP and now adore them.

If you like curry, try some on your cauliflower. Just thinking about oven-roasted curry cauliflower makes my mouth water!

Pxlkitty4
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
I also love how I get excited to try new veggies now. I have always love cauliflower any way. I love it with cheese, raw, cooked, whatever but now I also love it boiled and chopped or mashed with some ICBINB spray and Mrs. Dash.

I plan to bake cauliflower in the new broccoli cheese soup made up as a sauce. Sort of like a gratin... I think I will add leeks to it too.

THB
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Feeling Good, week 7 weigh in, down 3.5 and that makes a total of 27lbs in 7 weeks.

Airmom4
07-26-2011, 06:40 PM
help i am so frustrated. I am doing IP by the book but my weight lose is so slow!! Not loosing more than a pound and a half per week. Anyone have any ideas to help? I really am not cheating.

JoseyM
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Have some turnips in the oven to go with the pork chops my hubby is making. I hope they are good. I used olive oil and garlic on them before baking. I saw mixed reviews and decided to peel them because the skin seems to be where the bitter taste comes from.?

Is anyone finding they like new things after starting IP? I never liked hot sauce. Hated even the smell. Now I could eat pork chops with hot sauce every night. I also didn't care for green peppers but now I love them too.

Love how it's opened my eyes and my taste buds to new flavors!
Are pork chops acceptable? I bought some, and then read the paper and it says pork tenderloin or fat free cured. No mention of pork chops.....

justamom
07-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Feeling a bit discouraged at the moment. Did my weigh-in this morning. Usually do it on Thursdays but not this week. Only lost .5 pounds! I know it is 2 days early and a loss is better than a gain. Just "felt" I had done better. A few people have noticed I am looking better so thought it would be higher. That said 12.5 pounds gone is a huge improvement from no pounds gone. Next week will be better!

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
The turnips were a no go! YUCKY! I tried hard to like them but I got sick to my stomach. I ate my pork and was happy.

As for pork chops, I've eaten them 4 times in the last week and a half or so and they seem to be leaner than tenderloin so I don't see why they wouldn't be acceptable. I haven't had one piece of fat and the pork has tasted amazing! Please tell me if I'm wrong.

ItsAboutTime
07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I think TOM is creeping back in. I have many symptoms and am crossing my fingers that it doesn't affect my weigh in on Thursday. I was a lil higher this morning but didn't think anything of it until the bloat and stuff started this afternoon. I am loving all the big milestones people are hitting and would like to join with a big one of my own....20lbs! As always, I will stay op and do my best and my body will do what it's going to do.

wuv2bloved
07-26-2011, 07:36 PM
When I asked my coach about pork chops she said it was acceptable. I have had them several times and has not effected my weigh loss at all.

JoseyM
07-26-2011, 07:40 PM
:devil:Sipping my brewed tea w/stevia counting down the minutes til I can have my IP snack.....a PB bar.............Dinner was OK. 6 oz sirlon, broiled, grilled mushrooms, and my cauliflower puree (YUCK!--- I put stevia in it and a spicy spice, turned my stomach, but I ate it).......

calee
07-26-2011, 08:49 PM

WOW Shanelle, you just inspired me to do whatever it takes to make this work!

calee
07-26-2011, 08:52 PM
IP ROCKS!!!

Congratulations Princess! You must be so darn happy. It's success like yours that has a newbies really want to follow the plan.

Lucky Chick
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
help i am so frustrated. I am doing IP by the book but my weight lose is so slow!! Not loosing more than a pound and a half per week. Anyone have any ideas to help? I really am not cheating.

Hi Airmom-
Try to hang in there! How long have you been on IP? Do you see a coach?

What have your losses been like so far? Can you tell us about your normal days? What protein are you eating and how much? Are you measuring your veggies? Which veggies do you eat? Do you drink all of your water? Take your supplements? Are you eating your salads? Are you having restricted items? How many per week?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this info might help us help you figure out what's going on. :hug:

justamom
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I know that I have not been drinking my water like I should so will definitely focus on that for the next week. Plus I do not always take 3 packets in a day. Will do my best to be more consistent with the plan!

rooster on a diet
07-26-2011, 09:53 PM
The turnips were a no go! YUCKY! I tried hard to like them but I got sick to my stomach. I ate my pork and was happy.

As for pork chops, I've eaten them 4 times in the last week and a half or so and they seem to be leaner than tenderloin so I don't see why they wouldn't be acceptable. I haven't had one piece of fat and the pork has tasted amazing! Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Sorry you didnt like your turnips. I made mine for the first time tonight, OMG they were awesome. Made them with evoo, cajun mix ( club house ), herbe de provence, sea salt and pepper. Man i could of ate 4 cups of theses no problem but stayed OP and had 11/2 cup, side order of salad and a nice beff tendeloin steak mmmmmmmm. For desert, vanilla pudding cakes with WF caramel sauce. I feel like ive been cheating all night...... I love it.

Lucky Chick
07-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I know that I have not been drinking my water like I should so will definitely focus on that for the next week. Plus I do not always take 3 packets in a day. Will do my best to be more consistent with the plan!

You really do need to make sure you get your 3 packets a day. You could be losing critical muscle mass by not getting enough protein/calories. Be careful!

MomNeedsTaShrink
07-26-2011, 09:55 PM
And I LOVE LOVE the success stories! As a former pageant queen, my weight struggles have kept me out of society for quite some time now.

I began IP on July 5th and am happy to say I'm down 14 pounds (37ish to go) and I have lost over 20 inches from the various parts of my body! At WI today I learned my BMI is down 10 points as well! And to think I was getting discouraged (I refuse to step on the scale at home)...

So- thank you for being the friends I needed, even though you didn't know you were helping! Much success to you all! :carrot:

droppingit
07-26-2011, 10:13 PM

That made me laugh. Congrats:carrot:

Purrfect
07-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Such inspiring NSV's. Today I was feeling bad because I basically stalled my weight loss on the scale, and feel I'm working so hard...but, then I noticed how my work pants kept falling down. Wow, they were so much looser. YOU ARE RIGHT...the scale number isn't always so powerful!!:carrot:

Determinedat47
07-26-2011, 10:38 PM

I eat pork chops, pork loin, whatever is on sale. Ham actually makes you retain water for about 24 hours after eating it so not sure why it is on approved list. Ok if you don't mind the temporary gain I guess.

woolberger
07-26-2011, 11:26 PM
2Riderollercoast (Joanne),

Whenever you are giving your recipes for vegies, you always mention Kohlrabi. I had absolutely no idea what that was but when you said it was your favorite french fry substitute, I had to find out.

Tonight I made Kohlrabi "french fries" and chips. Everyone in the family loved them. I still like my turnips, but these are even better!

Just goes to show that we can continue to try new, healthy things even when in maintenance. It's a new way of eating and thinking. Keep experimenting everyone. There are wonderful foods out there!!

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn

Porthardygurl
07-26-2011, 11:31 PM

Thats so great Rooster!!! Awesome to hear! Keep up the good work!!! Your gonna lose so much weight..no one is going to recognize you!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
2Riderollercoast (Joanne),

Whenever you are giving your recipes for vegies, you always mention Kohlrabi. I had absolutely no idea what that was but when you said it was your favorite french fry substitute, I had to find out.

Tonight I made Kohlrabi "french fries" and chips. Everyone in the family loved them. I still like my turnips, but these are even better!

Just goes to show that we can continue to try new, healthy things even when in maintenance. It's a new way of eating and thinking. Keep experimenting everyone. There are wonderful foods out there!!

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn

Lynn I am glad you liked them, I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Congrats everyone on your SVs and NSVs... here is to the rest of a good week for all.

woolberger
07-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Lynn I am glad you liked them, I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Congrats everyone on your SVs and NSVs... here is to the rest of a good week for all.

Actually, I roasted Endive this morning and it was great!! I probably should have left it in longer but I kept sneaking a taste and before I knew it...they were gone! This is my never-ending quest to find a replacement for chips I can use to dip. I'm not quite there but always looking for new ideas.

Lynn

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I am going to have to try this tomorrow, I am searching for the same thing... the closest I have come to a "dip" chip is daikon radish roasted... it was pretty good but watch closely as it is a fine line between crisp and burnt... our search continues.

capricious
07-27-2011, 12:49 AM
And I LOVE LOVE the success stories! As a former pageant queen, my weight struggles have kept me out of society for quite some time now.

I began IP on July 5th and am happy to say I'm down 14 pounds (37ish to go) and I have lost over 20 inches from the various parts of my body! At WI today I learned my BMI is down 10 points as well! And to think I was getting discouraged (I refuse to step on the scale at home)...

So- thank you for being the friends I needed, even though you didn't know you were helping! Much success to you all! :carrot:
Firstly, :welcome: Secondly, I'd like to say you've definitely found the right program. We have pretty much the exact same stats height/ starting weight on IP and I have been on IP since May 2 and am 2 pounds away from my goal of 145. I've had a few slow weeks of 1.5 losses interspersed with great losses of 2- 3.5. It has gone by very quickly, although not in the beginning as each day seemed to take about a week to get through :) But you're past that already and seem to be rocking the program. If you stay the course and don't cheat you'll be there before you know it!
Today was an incredibly happy day for me as I had a huge NSV- I tried on a DKNY jean skirt (that had Stretch on the tag- I took this as meaning it is supposed to be slim fitting) in a dunh dunh dahhhhh SIZE 4!!! And it was loose around the waist! And ever so much more forgiving than jeans- although I have become slightly obsessed with trying on (which leads to buying) jeans as I've never been this size or looked as I do in them now. Just absolutely fascinated is the only way I can describe it- as though I'm looking at someone else in them but it's me.
Little apprehensive of phasing out- so in the groove of phase 1- but here's to IP!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
07-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Firstly, :welcome: Secondly, I'd like to say you've definitely found the right program. We have pretty much the exact same stats height/ starting weight on IP and I have been on IP since May 2 and am 2 pounds away from my goal of 145. I've had a few slow weeks of 1.5 losses interspersed with great losses of 2- 3.5. It has gone by very quickly, although not in the beginning as each day seemed to take about a week to get through :) But you're past that already and seem to be rocking the program. If you stay the course and don't cheat you'll be there before you know it!
Today was an incredibly happy day for me as I had a huge NSV- I tried on a DKNY jean skirt (that had Stretch on the tag- I took this as meaning it is supposed to be slim fitting) in a dunh dunh dahhhhh SIZE 4!!! And it was loose around the waist! And ever so much more forgiving than jeans- although I have become slightly obsessed with trying on (which leads to buying) jeans as I've never been this size or looked as I do in them now. Just absolutely fascinated is the only way I can describe it- as though I'm looking at someone else in them but it's me.
Little apprehensive of phasing out- so in the groove of phase 1- but here's to IP!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:Wow love your new pic, you look soooo skinny... congrats let us know how you are doing in the other phases. I love to hear what we have to look forward to.:hug:

cinthia
07-27-2011, 01:38 AM
congradulations on your space!:D I know just what you mean!:)

disgal
07-27-2011, 05:53 AM

Thanks Joanne.

Lynn

I roasted kohlrabi with celery and fennel and peppers today they are good that way too. I am thinking they may be good as a mashed veg too. My next "new" vegetable is Endive chips... I was at a goodbye party last week, and a lady there said the endive chips are better than the kale. Will let you know.

Thank you Ladies!! I am putting both of those veggies on my shopping list!!!:carrot: