WW Recipes - Who wants dessert?

View Full Version : Who wants dessert?

girlsenberry
07-26-2011, 02:11 AM
I need simple dessert or sweets ideas. Fruit is amazing, but sometimes it just doesn't hit the spot. No way can I make a cake without eating one piece too many, so let's post our favorite PP-friendly dessert ideas.

This recipe board seems mostly pre-PP? Which is cool for those whom it works for, but I need some fresh ideas! Are we not allowed to post WW PP cookbook recipes? (out of curiousity) I hope the following recipe is ok-I just found my old Sonoma Diet recipe booklet, and in the back was this little (1 point!) gem:

PUDDING POPS!

1 4-serving-size package sugar-free instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix

2 cups fat-free milk

1 4-serving-size package of sugar free instant banana cream, butterscotch, pistachio (MY FAVE!), vanilla, or white chocolate pudding mix

2 cups fat free milk

1) Place sixteen 3-ounce disposable plastic drink cups in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, set aside.

2) In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and 2 cups milk. Beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the pudding into each cup. Cover each cup with foil; freeze for 1 hour.

3) In another medium bowl, combine banana cream (or other) pudding mix and 2 cups milk. Beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the banana pudding over the frozen pudding in each cup. Cover each cup with foil.

4) Use a sharp knife to make a small hole in center of foil. Push a wooden stick through the hole and into the top layer of pudding in the cup. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours, or until pudding pops are firm.

5) To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes; remove pudding pops from cups.

Per serving: 36 cal; 0 grams fat; 7 grams carbs; 0 grams fiber; 2 gram protein. PP= 1, previous to PP= 1

MrsD2008
07-26-2011, 07:47 AM
I just made a recipe from last weeks weekly last night--

Blueberry Angel Food Squares-2 PP

1 box Angel Food Cake mix
1 22 oz can light blueberry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix cake mix with pie filling, do not add anything else. Pour batter into a 9 X 13 ungreased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 24 squares. Each square is 2 PP.

My store didn't have light blueberry pie filling, so I got regular after calculating the point difference in the store--1 square is 3 PP. They came out really good, moist and sweet. I was actually looking forward to trying one for breakfast, but temptation got the best of me and I tried one last night. They were too sweet for breakfast (in my opinion) but still REALLY good. I think I am going to try the same recipe with lemon pie filling, raspberry pie filling and maybe peach.

SweetTreat80
07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Ohh thanks guys, as someone with a sweet tooth I must try these:)

girlsenberry
07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Banana "soft serve".

1 peeled and frozen banana
1% milk, up to 1 cup.

Throw the banana in a blender or food processor, and add a little bit of milk at a time until it starts blending smoothly. Mine behaved at 3/4 cup, but my Magic Bullet blender doesn't cooperate without plenty of liquid. You might be able to get away with 1/2 cup. Your points will be depending on how much milk you use. You could add sugar-free Torani-style flavorings for zero points. I personally used some cinnamon powder, but the possibilities are endless. It wasn't EXACTLY like ice cream, but it was a d*mn good substitute. :D

girlsenberry
08-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Who saw the chocolate muffin recipe (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chocolate-chocolate-chip-banana-muffins.html#more) from Gina on skinnytaste. com?? It looks ahmaaaaayzing.. and only 5 points. Bananas and applesauce and cocoa, oh my! :D

MrsD2008
08-17-2011, 02:37 PM
I <3 Skinny Taste!

HadEnough
08-17-2011, 03:29 PM
How about a Fiber One Brownie. Nuke for 15-20 secs. Top with Cool Whip or FF ice cream. Points depends on what you top it with. When I do Cool Whip it is only 3 points. And it is AMAZING!!!!!!

stephnms
08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Could you use a mold, like an empty ice tray, to make the pudding pops with?

girlsenberry
08-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I would think so- try it out and let us know if it works okay? :)

tessendicott
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
MMMM. I love jello pudding!