Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Best snack?

View Full Version : Best snack?

texasmedic09
07-26-2011, 02:18 AM
Anyone have recomendations for a good snack that will fill you up when you just can't seem to feel full? I've done really good today, stuck to my diet and all which is usually more than enough for me, but tonight I still feel so hungry! Grrr... :mad:

alaskanlaughter
07-26-2011, 02:22 AM
i usually make a small protein shake and that fills me up....liquid seems to fill me up more than actual food also...so a diet soda, or water, or smoothie...i guess i like cold things too

chickadee32
07-26-2011, 02:33 AM
A smoothie is my go-to evening snack when I'm still feeling hungry. I usually make them with berries (frozen and fresh), greek yogurt, a splash of milk, a little vanilla extract and some sugar or low calorie sweetener in the food processor. The protein and fiber keep me full for quite a while.

For me, apples tend to be a filling, low-calorie snack. I think it's because I can bite and chew a lot for my calories. Bananas are higher carb and higher calorie than apples, but are filling as well.

For something that's stick-to-your-ribs filling, try some oatmeal. (mmm, now that I'm thinking about it, I want some!)

melodymist
07-26-2011, 03:15 AM
I drink a cup of coffee and then maybe a hanful of nuts. Works for me!

rainydays
07-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Apples, grapes, yogurt, and 90 calorie fiber one bars work best for me.

Blondie160
07-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Protein shakes!! I have the appetite of a monster and these things are the ONLY thing that fill me up!! Look for low carb and sugar though, Labrada Lean Body For Her is a good one for me at the moment but i tend to mix it up! I have them for breakfast and lunch and afternoon snack, if youd have told me liquid could fill me up a few months back I would have laughed in your face, but they work at about 200 calories!!

JayEll
07-26-2011, 07:26 AM
2% cottage cheese! Half a cup has 100 calories, and you can either flavor it spicy with hot sauce or salsa, or sweet with a teaspoon of maple syrup.

Jay

supergir111
07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Oats! I make mine with half milk and water, 1/2 a banana 165 cals for 25g of oats which actually expands to quite a lot.

DCchick
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
i eat 1 slice wheat bread (100 calories) 1 slice laughing cow light cheese (35 calories), for 135 calories.

you can also add sliced tomatoes, sprouts etc for barely any additional calories.

SweetTreat80
07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Protein works for making me feel full so I like to have nuts on hand when I can. I like the crunch to them and the snacking aspect and it fills me quite good.

crazyaboutgym
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
soup of peanut butter does it for me. fell in LOVE with the orgaing grind your own from whole foods. its the best.other wise i do plain greek yogurt with fresh blackberries... so much better then that artificial flavoring stuff

nikkinouille
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Caramel Coconut Fudge FiberOne Antioxidant bars = best. snack. ever.

Oh, and I also agree on the low cal protein smoothies/shakes.

Christen
07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
small amount of oatmeal goes a long way for me but it's too darn hot to think about that right now heehee...I also like raw almonds...cant have them anymore here though cuz my little one is nut/peanut allergic...HTH! Good luck!

tommy
07-26-2011, 04:20 PM
A bag of 100 calorie popcorn (or make your own w/o oil), and a tiny bit of cheese like half a string cheese or 1/2 inch cube of aged cheddar. Lots of water alongside. I do not let myself take handfuls of popcorn and stuff it into my face - I make myself slow it down eating just one to three pieces at a time.

EricAnn
07-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Oats! I make mine with half milk and water, 1/2 a banana 165 cals for 25g of oats which actually expands to quite a lot.

Or Cream of Wheat (3 tbsp dry=about 3/4 cup cooked... prepared with just water). Add a few apple slices and cinnamon... yummy! And no more than about 150 calories.

SarRawrNaomi
07-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Snap peas, they're crispy and they kind of take the place of potatoe chips, they're so good.

jltcmom
07-31-2011, 06:09 PM
I have been eating almonds for a snack, I get the dark chocolate roasted ones they are so good they replace M&M's for me. My only problem is keeping them in the house because my girls love them too! (Oh well, at least they aren't eating junk then!) Oh I also like pumpkin seeds too! :)

luckymommy
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I've been on a green smoothie kick for the last few days. They've helped me feel fuller and I've also dropped some xtra lbs. I wasn't expecting....not sure if there's a correlation or not, but I thought it's worth mentioning. If you Google Dr. Oz Green Smoothie you'll find one that I started with. I've also made smoothies using blueberries, kale, parsley, beets, carrots and cucumber. Adding ginger and lemon and lime juice is good too. It's all natural and very filling. I even have mine with a spoon sometimes. It makes getting your veggies in a whole lot easier.

Embuhlee
07-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Those Quakes rice snacks. They have savory to sweet flavors - they're wonderful. :D

SarRawrNaomi
07-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Those Quakes rice snacks. They have savory to sweet flavors - they're wonderful. :D

OOOOOO I forgot about those :)

yoyoma
08-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Decaf coffee with truvia, NFPM, and a shake of cinnamon (or drop of vanilla) is my go-to on a hungry night.