South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Monday, July 25

Hi all,
Sorry no check in this weekend...we were on the run the whole time. Had a nice trip to Philly and I reconnected with an old friend which was great. I'm tired this morning though, but going to force myself to exercise. Today is my review at work, and I hope to find out once and for all whether my boss will allow me to reduce my hours at work in the fall. I hope it works out, even though it will mean a cut in pay, but I definitely think it will be worth it if it means I can spend more time with my son.

In some ways July has flown by; in others, I feel it's creeping. Hope everyone has a great day today...
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, thanks for starting us up, and I'm glad you had a nice weekend. We'll have to try to get together on one of your visits to Philly. I agree that July has flown by, but I know this last week before my vacation will probably seem long.

I feel so good that I didn't stray off plan yesterday, even though Sherrie made a rum punch that everyone was raving about, and the birthday cake was a sinful chocolate-peanut butter cocoction. It was trying to lure me with it's siren song, but I stayed far away from it, and just drank water and had a plate of melon. I ate before we went, and waited to get home to have my supper, and my plan worked. When we did get home, it was to find Dustin and Andrea here with the kids, Andrea's mother, and her mother's sister who's visiting from Pittsburgh. They had all spent the weekend at the shore and came for a dip in our pool after their long drive back in heavy traffic.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning What is it about having a long day with lots of driving that attracts every noise and distraction the night before? Both cats had hairballs 3 hours apart, there was a raccoon on the bird feeders and then my cat decided he wanted to wake me up at 5

Matilda - Good luck today

Cottage - Wow, great plan last night!

I'm going to do some work on my way to my parents' house. The western part of my turf is along the drive so I'm making a few quick stops. After lunch I'm done working until next week and off to NY. I'm getting together with one of my oldest friends (since 5th grade!). She lives in SC but is visiting her Mom for a few days. We are having lunch with both Moms (they were friends when we were kids) then hanging out together and doing lots of catch-up. I haven't seen her in 22 years and can't wait!

I'm a little conflicted about being away for 6 days but think it's a good thing. DW has an appt. with the surgeon Thursday. I hate to miss that but she is going to record it. She is also adjusting her meds and I just worry about her being here alone. On the other hand I need to learn to navigate all this without hovering so it's good for me to let go a little. It's just not easy.

I still have lots to do before I leave so time to run. Now that they have WiFi at Mom's I'll be in regularly while I'm away. Happy Monday!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I forgot to turn off the sprinkler last night so you both could come for a dip in my soggy front lawn! Actually, the ground really needed it.

Matilda, I hope your review goes well this afternoon and you can reduce your hours. Money is great but you can always get more and you can't get back time with your son.

Linda, this time next week we will be arguing over who gets to prepare breakfast and I will have very happy dogs. Good work handling the food yesterday. Funny but I've never liked the chocolate and PB combo so the cake would not have been a problem for me.

Cyndi, it sounds like a really lousy night but your visit with your old friend sounds relaxing and fun. Yes, you will have to hold back your mother hen instincts, Good idea for Julie to record her doctor's appointment although I know you'd rather be there in person.

Well, my calendar has no appointments on it this week and I want it to stay that way! Right now it's sprinkling a bit but is not supposed to amount to anything but I will do some veggie garden watering if I can find the veggies in the weeds. Pigweed and lamb's quarters have made my garden a mass of green but I know there should be squash under there somewhere. It'll be a really late harvest this year. There is still no corn at the local farm stands.

The furniture swap went well yesterday. The table from sister Joan is quite gorgeous and suits my dining room better that the one that the guys took away. My antique dealer and his son delivered the chairs early last night and things look good. Now to figure out table cloths.

So today is all mine! I plan to enjoy my coffee, dogs and book for a while. It's nice to have a rainy morning and it looks like that might happen. A day of soft warm gentle rain is just what my garden needs, Me too!

On we go - gently.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We're off schedule with our houseguest. Just woke up and we will start painting at 6. We stayed up last night after taking a long drive.

Happy Monday, beachers!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Matilda - Maybe the exercise will perk you up. Fingers crossed for you. For me, the months has flown!

Linda - Good for you! That cakes sounds amazing.

Cyndi - Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy. Maybe the time away will be good for both of you in different ways.

Ruth - Have a fabulous relaxing day to yourself!!

Debbie - Have a great Monday. (Just in case you might think it's Friday since I am working out with my mom...)

Working out with my mom today. This afternoon I'll take the teen back to the oral surgeon for his wisdom teeth removal follow up. I may or may not try to drag him into another store for more college shopping while we are out. I have lots of niggles... have to turn in stuff for a tribute page for my mom and her husband (which has been a frustrating process but I won't bore you with details) and do a bit of admin for the charitable foundation.

And, the replacement light bulb for our TV should show up which means it won't be long until I can watch shows during cardio again!

Have a great day everyone.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicas. Breakfast and then hitting the thesis. Happy Monday folks!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Didn't get on here til late today, too much to do as usual.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

My front yard looks like it is Fall, doesn't feel like Fall, but our tree out front is losing all of it's leaves, I think it might be from the heat wave we are having. I don't think it's ever lost it's leaves this early, though it is the first on the block to start.

Okay back to work have a meeting in half hour. Have a great evening everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/180

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hello..I'm new here. How is everyone doing?
Beautiful2873 is offline   Reply With Quote