Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #1  

Red face I want to change!

Hi everyone!

Wow, I finally made an account on this. Ever since I discovered this site, I've been on it every time I need motivation. Like for example, I'd go on here to read goal stories after 1 mile on the treadmill, and it would motivate me to run another mile.

Anyway, so I'm 15 yrs old, and I weigh roughly around 180. It's horrible... being so young, yet weighing so much. I'm sick of it. All my friends are so thin, so I stand out so much in group photos. Sometimes, my heart feels so heavy, because it's filled with regret and hatred for myself; I can't believe I let my body get the way it is.

I'm going to a new school in September, and I'll be starting gr 10. I don't want my high school life to be affected, because of my weight. I don't want to be one of the last people that finishes in races anymore. I don't want to have to position myself a certain way so my fat or double chin doesn't show. I don't want to spend 98503 hours looking for clothes that will look nice on me, because they don't have my size. I want to have a normal teenage life; I want to be in relationships, mess up, and learn from my mistakes. I want to be able to take off my sweater anytime I want, without fearing that bulges may be seen.

I guess.. my point is that I really need all the support I can possibly get. This is going to be a pretty hard, but worthwhile journey. I know little about weight loss. All I've been doing so far is: eat before 6, drink ONLY and lots of water, jogging on treadmill, some at-home exercises (crunches, lunges, leg lifts, etc..), smaller portion of food, no junk food. Being Asian, I simply can't give up rice, but if I'm up early, I eat cereal.

OK! ahah super sorry if that was too long. I just HAD to explain myself. Most of the people on here are much older than me, so naturally I look up to you girls you all are soo strong, and I admire all of you for taking the initiative to make yourself into a healthier person.

If anyone has any advice.. ANY AT ALL! please, tell me ! I need all the advice I can get. hehe

Thanks for reading!
DoReMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

WELCOME

Congratulations on making the first move! What you have been doing already is a great start. When I was a teenager I was also the heavy one, all of my friends were skinny and I always felt out of place. I know the feeling!

But you know what? That part of your life is over now! You are making a change for the better to be a healthier person!

This board is loaded with ANYTHING you want to know and more. Enjoy and good luck
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

First of all, I think you're making some great changes. Adding activity, and looking at portion sizes. You will do fantastically with that. Keep those things up.

Remember to keep fruits and healthy vegetables on hand, as they'll help keep you full and you're still young and growing so you need the nutrients.

Keep coming back to 3FC, and keep going forward. Even if there's a stumble along the way, put it behind you and keep making healthier choices in the future.

Last edited by Lovely; 07-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/266/170

Height: 5'4

goood luck!
losingdaybyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Hi! I'm new here too and was looking for a site to motivate me, FOUND IT! Lol. I think it is GREAT that you are doing this so young. I am 26 and was always overweight. I look back and wish I would have started a LONG time ago. Good luck!!
erinmarie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #6  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

You're making great changes! And I applaud you for taking the initiative.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 334/319.2/150

Good for you! Stay motivated. I know how hard it is when it seems like all of your peers can eat whatever they want and don't have to worry about calories or working out. Try to find an activity that you love - tennis, bike riding, anything to get you moving.
acdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/125

Good for you! As a teenager I can totally relate to what you're feeling, your insecurities etc.. I just wish I'd starting losing as early as 15, I missed out on my best teenage years because of my weight. If I could go back in time and get healthy at 15, I would in an instant! Best of luck
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #9  
Desperate But Not Serious

S/C/G: 265/193/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi there!
I was heavy when I was young, too- and I know how hard it is. I'd say my best advice is to not put yourself down and if you lose weight, do it for yourself and no one else. Don't be in a rush, do it the healthy way, and don't be afraid to start all over if you mess up and go off your diet plan- it's not failure unless you give up completely! Keep at it. You sound very, very smart so I want you to remember that you are a worthwhile person and that you don't have to be thin to be worth something in this world.
Stressbucket is offline   Reply With Quote