Old 07-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

Default Someone Please Kick me in the ***

Hi,
So I've been on WW PP since the beginning of March. I've lost 35 pounds since then. I was doing great until I stopped working and started staying home pretty much every day studying for my boards. I go back to work a week from Monday, which I'm psyched about! I need some of you ladies to kick my bum for this past week. Since I've been out of work my weight loss has slowed drastically. I went from 2-3lbs/week to 0-1lb/week. I was ok with that except I totally went off plan for the last 2 weeks (I had my dad's burial, my daughter's christening and a bunch of other family things) and decided with my new week (Friday) to get back on plan. THat, however, is easier said than done. I have begun to binge eat out of boredom. I do great until around 2-3pm and then the gloves come off and I want to eat ANYTHING just because its there. Fortunately, I don't have too much of those foods I like to binge on left, but I've been known in the past to hit up the brown sugar, frosting etc when I want to binge and I don't have anything in the house to do it on. Throughout all this off plan and bingeing I've only gained 3lbs and I'd like to keep it that way. Once I go back to work and I'm occupied all day, it'll be better, I've just got to get there. I had been solidly into the 230's and now i'm back into the 240's, which I HATE. I was 240 when I got married almost 4 years ago and I'd like to get below that sometime soon....
Anyways, enough rambling. Thanks for the inspiration, suggestions and support!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

It sounds like you've had a rough couple of weeks. Forgive yourself. You're only human. Take a deep breath, and make a plan for the full day. Keep busy at your usual trouble spot (early afternoon), and push through it.

You can get back to normal and choose to do healthier things
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #3  

I will not kick you ***, but send your way some encouragement to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself...this is a patient, long journey with ups and downs...your doing fine...consider a new day like a new opportunity to apply the ww advices...Come to this board, write down all that you eat (it keeps us not guessing...gives us the whole picture) hang in there...you can do it...no kicks in the you know what...just nurturing yourself back on track...take care
claudiaMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/153/135

Erin, you've had a really horrible few weeks! The most important thing you can do (and probably the hardest) is to stop beating yourself up and forgive yourself. It happened yesterday, not today.

I would get back on top of tracking. Don't lie to yourself, just do it (nobody else will see!). If you slip up, forgive yourself, track it, move on. You know this down time is temporary.

If you find yourself binging, when you become conscious of it, you CAN make the choice to stop, and throw the rest of the way. A half binge is better than two and a half.

I know for me fighting boredom binges is really hard. They tend to happen when I'm feeling lonely too. Sometimes I need to let them happen, but redirect them towards things that do less damage (like carrot/celery sticks and FF greek yogurt with spices) and let them go. Other times I need to distract myself by getting the heck away from the kitchen (go to the library, go for a walk, make myself drink a large glass of water, play a computer game, call a friend who knows about my disordered eating). Sometimes I mess up.

3 pounds feels bad, but it does not take away what you've accomplished! You have worked so hard and have accomplished a lot. The truth is EVERYONE has setbacks sometimes, part of the process of healing is learning how to deal with them, to be with the "bad" emotions that it causes, ect.

You can do this, you are SO worth it! Take it two hours at a time if you have to!

Last edited by tigerchild; 07-25-2011 at 02:47 PM.
tigerchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and kind words. I feel like I'm getting back on track. There are no binge worthy foods in the house anymore and I'm eating better, more filling meals. I think just the act of acknowledging the problem and letting others know about it (ie: you guys!) was just what I needed to jump back on track. I just hope that my WI on Friday shows a little encouragement, though I'm happy just to be tracking and eating better again. I'm hoping this blip on the radar screen was just that, a tiny blip that I no longer have to think about ;-)
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote