South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Weekend Chit Chat for 7/23-7/24

Good morning! I see that several of us are up this morning, so I wonder, "who's on first?"

Jake is already grumbling at me, complaining that he got up at 3 am because he was freezing. I guess it never occurred to him to turn down the AC. I left him sitting out on the sunporch and came in here to the livingroom to enjoy my coffee and you all.

I think Monica, Eric, Caite and Carley are coming out to spend the day today. It's supposed to be a tad cooler so maybe we can actually be outside and enjoy the pool. It was way too hot for even that, yesterday. I went to the grocery store to find it packed with people just there for the AC.

So what's happening in your world today?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. I am going to stop crabbing about heat because we are arctic compared to you "southern" folk. The back deck is quite pleasant, not at all muggy this morning.

I personally feel muggy - some friends threw a party for me last night on my own back deck and insisted I drink a lot of wine. Coffee and breakfast will aid recovery, I hope as today is a huge day. I have a breadmaking workshop at the Mill all morning, have to suffer through smiling and waving in the afternoon Fair parade and then have a BBQ supper/party at 5:30 which will go on into the night. It's hard being Citizen of the Year. I don't know how the Queen does it.

I do hope to get in a bit of garden time today. I have two pots of ivy that are waiting patiently to go into a planter that looks a bit sparse. It's full of pansies that have finished because of the heat but will come back when things cool down. The ivy may encourage them. If I find any snippets of time today I absolutely must water - T-storms have been all around us but we've not had a drop of rain for ages. The weeds are surviving but my veggies are looking a bit sad although I did pick a four quart basket of yellow beans yesterday from the raised bed. Bean salad on the menu for the next week!

The Pypers were to come this morning and drop off their two dogs for the weekend but had to cancel. I'm somewhat relieved because I will be out so much today. It's best to be around when the dog cousins arrive. Bailey is one of my puppies (except she's now eight) and Casey is a crazy but dumb hound. They all get along well but I prefer to be here for a couple of hours as they establish pecking order. Disney is the pack leader most of the time and Jazz just bops along pretending that he is!

Time for a decent breakfast before I tackle the day. Stay as cool and hydrated as you can.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another hot one here today too but it is supposed to cool down tonight. I'm off to work a rural field day event way up north today. Should be interesting, sounds a lot like our field days at home.

Cottage - Hope you and Caite have a lovely day together

Ruth - Can't your minions do some of the chores? You do get minions with the title, don't you??

Had a good doctor's appt. yesterday. She ran a bunch of specialized blood tests and all the usual just to check for cardiac risk factors. Looks like my numbers are all perfect and then some so other than the genetic piece there's no concerns. Nice to hit 50 with just fish oil, Vitamin D and glucosamine in my pill container

It's a long drive up north so I need to get my breakfast. I'm sure there will be nothing edible at the field days. It's not so awful spending 5 hours in the car when there's no ac in the house.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Wish my internal clock didn't wake me up so early every day

Yesterday's mini-crisis - the bulb in our basement TV blew. Which means nothing to watch while doing cardio. I managed to eventually put in an hour on the treadmill with a book and 30 minutes on the elliptical with a magazine. (To hard to have a book on there.) And, of course, it is too hot to exercise outside! Our "overnighted" bulb should arrive late Monday; no one in town had them in stock.

But shopping with the teen went well. Glasses ordered and bedding purchases. Tons more to buy, of course, but that was the important stuff to get done.

Have a great day everyone. Keep cool.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been having connection woes so I'll just keep it short and sweet this morning. Thanks, Linda, for getting us started.Have a fun family day!

I'm off to painting before a pancake breakfast at the fire hall. I'll have a pancake since it's my only choice but will bring my own soy sausage and SF syrup. Every little bit helps.

Have a great weekend everyone...stay cool and to Ruth as she passes by in the parade.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

bad day apartment hunting and my eating suffered - not OP but not enough to eat and by the time we were home for dinner and STILL apartment searching online, I wasn't hungry at all. Trying to finish my water and group project now.

Happy Sunday!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning on the last day of Delta Fair! We haven't had the traditional day of rain but today is cloudy so it may yet happen. Being in the parade yesterday was just awful, especially in a convertible with black leather seats! I did smile and wave the whole route though. The BBQ at Joanne's last night was fun but I headed home at nine and was in bed ten minutes later.

My house is in chaos! I think someone else is living here but keeping out of sight. Sister Joan is coming over this morning so we can do a table swap. She is downsizing and is giving me a very old and gorgeous diningroom table. The cherrywood one is going to her daughter's house to be covered with a quilt as it needs refinishing badly. I may ditch the chairs too because I have my eye on some early Victorian mahogany ones at the dealer here in town. Doesn't everyone refurnish their diningroom when Cottage is coming to visit?

Later today I must go to serve at the the beef BBQ at the Fair after which we close it down. The big rides come down really fast and the rigs will be roaring past my house by mid-night as they go off to the next fair. I'll try to remember to put a noisy fan in the bedroom to drown out the noise.

It's been a week! I hope your Sunday is relaxing and you get a break from the heat.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. We have dinner out at a restaurant with a lot of my in-laws tonight. I've already checked the menu; there is very little OP food but I will choose one of the least bad options This is the first of several meals out in the coming weeks.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank God It's Not Monday. I was up way past my bedtime last night, playing Scopa and enjoying way too much of a new drink called a Paloma.

Ruth, I wouldn't expect anything less when I come to visit, although we never sit in your diningroom. If we sit at the new table, will we have to break out the good china and crystal, too?

Karen, isn't it a shame that it's so difficult to enjoy an OP meal when you eat out? I hope you can find something delicious, but healthy to order.

I feel like Ruth must have felt yesterday morning. Coffee will be a big help. We have a BBQ at my brother's this afternoon for my niece/Goddaughter's 21st birthday, and I'm glad I already made the macaroni salad I'm taking yesterday. There probably won't be anything there for me to eat except raw veggies, but I'll be fine. I'll either take my own food along or eat beforehand. After last night's indulgence, I'm not tempted to stray again.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Linda, we'll have to sit in the diningroom at least once. I am planning to buy a new set of china for the event and maybe polish the sterling. I really didn't need a furniture changing event today but Joan is downsizing and I'm the beneficiary. She was going to give me the chairs too but the appraiser said they were very valuable so they are being shipped to New York for auction. We're going to have the make do with some early Victorian ones, alas! I hope you plan to bring your corset and petticoats.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be cooler today and I should actually be able to get out on my bike I've also got a huge To Do list because tomorrow I'm heading to NY for the week. I hope the heat and dry weather will keep the grass from growing. I really don't have time to mow.

Ruth - Hope the last day of the fair is a breeze (and there is a breeze!). Does that mean that tomorrow you begin your normal duties as Citizen of the Year?

Cottage - I had to look your drink up. I would definitely be tempted by that. Reminds me that I haven't had my annual margarita yet! Happy Birthday to Caite

Karen - Good luck with the restaurant. Do they have something they can modify a little? I've had really good luck ordering things with some changes like no breadcrumbs on the fish, etc.

Speaking of planning the field days food was every bit as awful as I expected and it was just too hot to bring a cooler. I did have some nuts with me but was so hot that I didn't actually want anything. I was surprised at how much the smell of all that grease actually turned my stomach. I did find a great place in the little town to have dinner before hitting the road though and had an amazing tofu burrito with black beans and homemade salsa.

Time to get to the To Do list and packing for the week.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I have been a whale. Only for the last week or so though. With Chris' promotion came a lot of eating out, but that is stopping! Moo. Going to do a clean Ph1 starting the 1st, then back to Ph2 living again.

Hope everyone is well! Love you all!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 07-24-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

After a whirlwind week, we got news that Kirks friend would be over on the bus this morning. Did we ever get our butts in gear. Our house was much like Ruth described hers...now it is spiffy and looks like we always live this way.

jenne, I hope you're back in the groove after your frustrating apt hunt yesterday.

Ruth, if we were neighbors we could help move each others' Victorian furniture around...and trade off when we got bored. I do hope that next week will free some time for you.

Linda, OUCH! It sounds like it was fun last night...I think I'm better off not knowing what that stuff was.lol Have a festive day with your family.

Karen, have a festive day, too! I liked Cyndi's suggestion of finding something to modify.

Lisa(weezle), Congrats on Chris' promotion!

Cyndi, I hope you get your bike ride in!

Ok, off to finish projects, which includes getting my big salad made so I'll be set up when mealtime comes. Kirks friend never eats breakfast and rarely eats lunch . His DW said he'd eat a sandwich for lunch if we had it so I got cold cuts to last the week with some RF cheese for me. It will make lunch super easy. I did mention that he bring some grubby clothes because we work in the mornings. They do like working on projects together and I have a master plan which includes firing up our new(to us) wood chipper.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning! much better today and actually ate breakfast! Got the group project done and another 3 pages written for my thesis! Out to look at another 2 apartments today and I have good feelings about them!

Happy Sunday all. Stay cool!
Closed Thread